• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
It came for you.

You might have been camping in the woods. You might have gone to an old, abandoned house. You might have been with friends. You might have been alone.

But wherever you were, it came for you.

And you killed it.

When you killed the thing that haunted you, you felt a sudden rush of power. Over the next few days, your wounds may have healed faster than expected. Or, you may have been able to levitate food off your hospital tray.

Soon, you found yourself drawn to places that made your hairs stand up. Places that you knew were haunted. Places where you could find more ghosts, more spirits, more monsters, and consume them too. Every time you did, your magic got stronger and stronger.

That's how you met the rest of us. People like us are drawn to dark and haunted places, and we have a tendency to bump into each other. No one understood us but each other, so soon we started to live together. We had to live together. The more we came for the monsters, the more they seemed to come for us.

Most of us have jobs or students. By day, we work and live our lives, but when we all get time off, we go hunting together.

We're all plagued by mysteries. Are the ghosts we kill sentient? Do they have a society? Do they talk to each other? Are they plotting our demise?

Are there more people like us? Do they get power from killing other hunters as well?

Are they coming for us?

---

What we know:

1. Slaying supernatural creatures gives us power,
2. The more powerful the creature, the more power they give,
3. Slaying humans seems to give supernatural creatures power (some that get away from us are stronger after they've killed some others),
4. They seem to be hunting us just as we are hunting them. Part of the reason we don't live alone,
5. Slain creatures evenly distribute their power to those around them.

In this RP, we play the survivors of horror plots. All of us are normal people with lives outside hunting, and that will be a big factor in the RP. We all live together in a huge, old mansion in a Midwestern city (the only advantage of the Midwest: flights to both coasts are cheaper). We come from all walks of life, and our muggle friends, coworkers, and family don't get how people who share nothing else in common have basically become a family, but for their own good they can never know.

On the weekdays, we work, we go out, we have hobbies like anyone else. We track down unsolved mysteries in the news and scour the internet for creepy rumors. Once we find one, we go on a hunt together to kill the creature in question. Sometimes, creatures come for us when we're alone at school or work, but we watch our phones carefully enough to back each other up.

Most of us aren't sadistic, but there seems to be no way out of this life. After you slayed your first creature, more and more seem to come after you. The only way to protect yourself is to watch each others' backs and get stronger.

We know there are other survivors, other hunters, but we haven't met any.

Rules:

1. For literacy standards, 2-3 paragraphs.

2. Characters have supernatural powers, but their backstories should be believable. There aren't that many 300 lb navy seals in the world.

3. I know I'll be asked if you can come up with your own ghosts/monsters and NPCs - YES! I really hope that some of you are interested in running this collaboratively. By day, each of our characters will be able to interact with other peoples' characters and NPCs in their normal lives, and by night we all try to outdo each other writing creepypastas.

Any takers?

Last edited:
Char sheets are up!

Will set up a discord over the weekend.

Color me interested! Hope it's not too late to join. I'll hopefully make my character in the next day or so. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back