Teatime Chats

I like that.
What would say... a loaf of bread cost? To give an estimate of the scale. A tin, half a tin, more?
While a piece of meat like beef (steak) would be... 10 Tin? 20 tin? Way more?
Just trying to figure out the scale of things. Like, how much is one tin worth compared to a dollar or euro? Then we'll seriously know how wealthy the wealthy really are haha (and how poor the poor)

Oh I know, a Bronze could be called a Ronze. Which is literally just the removal of a letter but when pronounced it also sounds like a butchered way of saying Rose. (Edit: actually that part only works if you pronounce it as Ronse which I guess could also be used for the bronze coin?)
Oh! i like the Ronze idea.

NO YOU MUST ATTEND TO ME AT ALL TIMES *Cracks whip*

If you'll be my sugar daddy and pay for having to rebook flights then I'm all yours lmao

I like that.
What would say... a loaf of bread cost? To give an estimate of the scale. A tin, half a tin, more?
While a piece of meat like beef (steak) would be... 10 Tin? 20 tin? Way more?
Just trying to figure out the scale of things. Like, how much is one tin worth compared to a dollar or euro? Then we'll seriously know how wealthy the wealthy really are haha (and how poor the poor)

Oh I know, a Bronze could be called a Ronze. Which is literally just the removal of a letter but when pronounced it also sounds like a butchered way of saying Rose. (Edit: actually that part only works if you pronounce it as Ronse which I guess could also be used for the bronze coin?)

Once again swagging the names. I like both Ronze/Ronse.
Btw I'll add all this to the lore once I get a hot minute
Also some other things that have popped up.

Because of inflation and the dollar is no longer backed by gold or silver or whatever sketchy things they are doing in Fort Worth I think it would require more math than my brain can handle while a child screams in the background and my flight is about to take off.

Price of bread...Jean Val Jean flash backs.....well I don't think any country yet has mentioned a truly desperate poverty situation (probably in pockets but not like widespread) and we already have rebellion fever as it is. So maybe conditions aren't /terrible/.
And shit were leaving well I'll have to think about it later for now. But feel free to contribute those who are mathier or more economically inclined than I lol.

Also need a name for "Tin" lmao

Okay, so, I did some math for the economy of Roserasia, I hope this helps ^_^. Roserasia seems to be a sort of pseudo-Medieval system in which there are Kings who grant land to lower vassals who, instead of owning land which they dole out to peasants that they then tax, instead just tax goings on in their lands between private groups (pretty much like modern governments).

To begin with, let’s give an arbitrary value to a farm (choosing a farm will make sense later), because we have to start somewhere: 100 Roseras. Considering that the average value of a farm per acre in the US in 2015 was $3,020, and the average medieval farm from what I can find seemed to be around 30 acres, at least in England, we can then say an average farm altogether with all its buildings and land would be worth around $90,000. However, the value of a farm was probably far lower in Medieval times, because of lower quality buildings, lower land cost, less productivity per unit of land, etc., so I’m going to make the extremely ballpark change to the value of a farm down to around $40,000. The average cost of a loaf of bread in 2014 was $2.37, which I’m going to round to $2, leaving bread as .005% the price of a farm. Since 100 Roseras (a farm’s value) = 225,000 tin, the price of a loaf of bread would then be ~11 tin. (To relate tin to dollars here, that would make one dollar about 5 tin in value.)

Now, on to why I chose to work with the price of a farm to begin with. From what I can find, taxes of lords on peasants in Medieval times (with Sweden being the example I found) could vary greatly, with annual tax of an average peasant being anywhere from 3% to 15% the value of a farm at the time. To average that out, we could say that Roserasia would therefore have a ~9% tax rate as a general figure (although this would of course vary from place to place depending upon management). Working off of that, to make the economy simple, we could say that lords levy a flat tax rate of 9% of the value of a farm on each property holder, or 9 Roseras, per year.

To then get a general idea of the wealth of lords in each country, assuming all land taxes go directly to the king, households are on average 5 people, and each household has some amount of land, based upon the population listings for each country we can say leaders of countries make these amounts of money from land taxes per year:

Euthalia Kingdom: 7,200,000 Roseras

United States of Rameria: 5,400,000 Roseras

Galleria Countship: 1,260,000 Roseras

Greedo Kingdom: N/A - population unlisted

Marine Queendom: 1,800,000 Roseras

Dorimun Dukedom: 900,000 Roseras

Sea Republic: N/A - population unlisted

Nezzie Kingdom: 2,700,000 Roseras

Lepumir Kingdom: 1,710,000 Roseras

Kinda funny when you realize the one country that cut ties with the rest of the continent is the fouth richest country. Out of the seven whose wrath can currently be calculated that is.

Ah poop, knew I forgot to do soemthing today.

I think the numbers refer to the wealth of the lords / royalty. So the country might be even wealthier.

Poooost :lenny:
but it's 1 am~!

plus, mother had to go into the optimologist, a fun drive home with her beign half blind trying to get directions.

Huh. I guess Canada really does have the same time zone.

Hope the mum is alright. :0
oh shes fine, the appointment went rather well.

just had to get drops in that dilate her eyes and make the pupils right big.

I think the numbers refer to the wealth of the lords / royalty. So the country might be even wealthier.
Yeah, these figures are based purely upon land taxes, so any tariffs, government industries, other taxes, etc. are not included, which means that countries like Euthalia which have a lot of trade would likely be even more wealthy than others such as Dorimun which would have very little income from tariffs. These numbers do give a good general idea, though.

$1=5,625 tin (or was it Sia now? Sias?)

So by that calculation
A $500 piece of jewelry would over there be 2812,50 Sia which equals to 93,75 Ronze (Ronse? Ronzes?) converted to 6,25 Seras, and finally 1,25 Roseras.

Did I make a miscalculation somewhere?

You know, I realized that if they only use whole coins and not things like quarters (as we have it in our world) it becomes one hell of a confusing calculation...
Meaning if something is 1,25 rosera it would actually be noted as 1 Rosera, 1 Sera, 3 Ronze, 22,5 Sias. But seeing as this is supposed to be a calculation without anything behind the , we'll just round that number up 'cause we can.
That's one lengthy price tag! XD

With that in mind anyone else in favor to have a quarter coinage or to assume everyone just rounded out the numbers to whole coins?

Actually, Paladin stated that it was approximately 11 Sia for a bread, and thus approximately 5 Sia representing a dollar. I just went with the exact numbers within the calculation because otherwise the calculation that $40000 = 100 Roseras is incorrect.

If you go with $1=5 Sia then $40000=200000 Sia
200000 Sia is roughly 88.88 Roseras
Making a farm not 100 Roseras worth, but 88(and then some)

Well, not so much a miscalculation. In the end it simply depends on whether or not you round the numbers down, and then keep on adding up.

Basically it is like...
If you go to a store and buy 10 things that cost $0.51, but then round it out to $0.50 each because it's easier to calculate, then once you reach the cash register instead of paying $5 you actually have to pay $5.10
So rounding it down works to make things easy, but it isn't the full number.
It's basically like forgetting that on top of the store's listed price there's taxes that are (almost) never included till you reach the cashier and they tell you the full price XD

Then again in the end it isn't about exact numbers anyway.

But that does still leave the question, I assume we will not have to deal with half a coin or quarter coins, etc.?

Yeah I think 4 currencies is enough to keep track of.
If 5 Tin is 1 Dollar then each tin is about twenty cents so I don't think we need much lower than that.

Oi I'm gettin to it! So quioet down or all krump yer 'ead in!

Oi I'm gettin to it! So quioet down or all krump yer 'ead in!

i can't imagine poor little celso waking up at 6:35am...
i decided to get my lazy self ready at noon before taking another nap and waking up at 3pm.

Git ter postan already, ya gitz! This party isn't going to start itself.

rosa is going to arrive late assuming i have loafed enough for the collab post between Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart and i isn't finished on time.

i can't imagine poor little celso waking up at 6:35am...
i decided to get my lazy self ready at noon before taking another nap and waking up at 3pm.

rosa is going to arrive late assuming i have loafed enough for the collab post between Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart and i isn't finished on time.
gotta get up early when yer hustlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back