Teatime Chats

Lol I actually got really into that years ago cause an OC who is very near and dear to my heart had the language of flowers as a key part of his development... but please share the link I'm curious how much I recall xD
Funny how much the language of flowers actually applies to both of the flower named characters in this rp to some degree.

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
Language of flowers
(Complete with pretty pictures! I searched up the author and she was a Victorian children's book illustrator. Japan has their own system too and it looks like Japan Talk has some stuff on that. Time to fall into another Internet black hole...)

There is no such thing as a hateful bouquet.

Blue, I thought we already went over how people who like flowers must be nice. xD
True. There are more hurtful ways to express your hate than a pretty bouquet. And sure... they must be real nice... I'm only saying this because I don't want my tongue getting ripped out

Now I'm craving for an entire RP exchange to happen in just the language of flowers - the most efficient form of communication.

Funny how much the language of flowers actually applies to both of the flower named characters in this rp to some degree.
Is this a sign that Carnation will finally make another appearance? :D

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
Language of flowers
(Complete with pretty pictures! I searched up the author and she was a Victorian children's book illustrator. Japan has their own system too and it looks like Japan Talk has some stuff on that. Time to fall into another Internet black hole...)

True. There are more hurtful ways to express your hate than a pretty bouquet. And sure... they must be real nice... I'm only saying this because I don't want my tongue getting ripped out

Now I'm craving for an entire RP exchange to happen in just the language of flowers - the most efficient form of communication.

Is this a sign that Carnation will finally make another appearance? :D

Waa, that was a lot more legit than I was expecting. xD
Hmm...I wonder if I know about Japan's...I studied the importance of various seasonal items and scenery, just going out to observe things like certain flowers blooming and leaves changing color is considered an event worth celebrating. ^ ^ But I'm sure this is something different...perhaps related to ikebana...?

Don't make me climb across this table, Blue.
You might wake up with a wild tansy next to your bed, fufu

Well, it was popular among nobility at one time, wasn't it? So it wouldn't be that far-fetched to see our character partaking in it. Especially places where flowers are important like Euthalia (literally Flower Kingdom! xD) and Greedo.

That link definitely will help me since I had in mind to have Eva utilize the meaning of flowers in the RP. Or at least some of them, she's not an expert, just knows some of the basics to help out customers in the flowershop

Of course she has no idea if flowers might have a different meaning here than in her own world... 'cause she might be thinking to give one that expresses friendship to someone, and suddenly she's declaring war on half the continent. whoops.

But I'm sure this is something different...perhaps related to ikebana...?
I'm not very sure. Most websites call it hanakotoba but I can't find anything reliably sourced about its official history/inception/ flower meanings in English, and I'm not leveled enough to read websites in moon runes yet (one day...) I think most websites use it to refer to general flower symbolism in Japanese art and culture, much of which is different from the assigned Western meanings.

You might wake up with a wild tansy next to your bed, fufu
Do your worst.

That link definitely will help me since I had in mind to have Eva utilize the meaning of flowers in the RP. Or at least some of them, she's not an expert, just knows some of the basics to help out customers in the flowershop
Eva should be expecting some flowers sometime over the course of the roleplay.

flower festival
Flower festival? I call unfair advantage for Kiefer! He's rigged it. He and Florist!Eva are going to get together after connecting over their mutual love for plants and then start up their own flower shop as a side gig to ruling over all of Roserasia, along with five lovely children. The rest of the men will form their own Spurned Men's Club and spend the rest of their days envying their marital bliss.

Of course she has no idea if flowers might have a different meaning here than in her own world... 'cause she might be thinking to give one that expresses friendship to someone, and suddenly she's declaring war on half the continent. whoops.

Give a whole new meaning to 'War of the Roses'....

I'm not very sure. Most websites call it hanakotoba but I can't find anything reliably sourced about its official history/inception/ flower meanings in English, and I'm not leveled enough to read websites in moon runes yet (one day...) I think most websites use it to refer to general flower symbolism in Japanese art and culture, much of which is different from the assigned Western meanings.

Do your worst.

Eva should be expecting some flowers sometime over the course of the roleplay.

Flower festival? I call unfair advantage for Kiefer! He's rigged it. He and Florist!Eva are going to get together after connecting over their mutual love for plants and then start up their own flower shop as a side gig to ruling over all of Roserasia, along with five lovely children. The rest of the men will form their own Spurned Men's Club and spend the rest of their days envying their marital bliss.

Moon runes!!? Idk if I should be offended here... xD
I think I've heard of Hanakotoba before actually...well, I've studied a lot of Japanese literature, so sometimes we discuss symbolism like that, too. So maybe there's something there...
I'll try to remember to look into it when I have time...or maybe ask Sensei ^ ^

*Showers you in flowers* The highest form of insult!!

Hey, Kiefer is already flailing he needs all the advantage he can get xD (tho I think he will have unwittingly beneficially maneuvered himself in the next post lolol #goKiefer #theRealGoodBoy)

You all can have fun in the Spurned Men's club Klaus will just blink and get himself a new harem--

hosaki hosaki - Did you want to post for the knight Tristan just sent to find our dangerous trio, or would you like us to keep going? I don't want to get too far ahead if he's supposed to catch up to us before we leave the castle!

hosaki hosaki - Did you want to post for the knight Tristan just sent to find our dangerous trio, or would you like us to keep going? I don't want to get too far ahead if he's supposed to catch up to us before we leave the castle!
I actually don't have his CS finished yet. But don't worry, I didn't plan on having him catch up before the trio leaves, so you guys can go ahead.

Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty Syrenrei Syrenrei - Since all our characters are in agreement, I feel we can have our trio leave the castle-grounds for Samba Square now.

Unless of course: Does Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty want to bring in one last post of his addressing Dahlia?

If not, then who of us shall write the process of departure? Or should we have a collab-post? If so, I would prefer google.doc

I think hosaki hosaki wanted her knight to catch up, but I am happy to do a collab! I am also happy to write us departing on my next post if you prefer (Chantie just found out they are going to Samba Square, he might want to react to this knowledge). Whatever makes you folks happy I am willing to do!

I think hosaki hosaki wanted her knight to catch up, but I am happy to do a collab! I am also happy to write us departing on my next post if you prefer (Chantie just found out they are going to Samba Square, he might want to react to this knowledge). Whatever makes you folks happy I am willing to do!
It's okay if you guys go ahead to Samba Square. Mister knight will have some searching to do, but it probably won't be too hard since Helbrecht stands out so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back