Tales of the RDF - OOC

I am recovering from a painful and awfully-distracting migraine right now and I'm not certain what to post.  I mean, Taniya is there in my mind "reaching" out to me; it's me that's having trouble reaching back.  I'll post when this is over and I'm O.K. again.   Sorry for the delay!  

Heya folks!  I have good news!  

I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  It appears I am soon going back to 5 days/week in Real Life, instead of the 6 days /week I've been working for months, and I am looking forward to it!  That means more sleep, more time to do things that aren't work, and moar RP Nation!  Moooar!  This makes me smile.  =)  

Hope you are having a good day out there, too!  =)

Sorry it's short, I just can't think of anything else he'd be doing right now. :/  I'll try to do better next time.

Wooo!  Can you share any details?  Is Pips O.K.?  People don't leave fun games unexpectedly for no reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have much detail, but with her baby, and being away for the summer, it ate up all of her time. She is in another game of mine that had gone dormant, and eighth i was sending out a PM about it, Esbilon said he knows her IRL, and talked to her. She replied, and i told her  how much she is missed. Pips is set to reply in the other game, and hopefully she will come back here, too.

I'm okay.  Just...ooof.  The short version is that I spent the summer out of state down with my in-laws, or in-law since we just lost my wife's mother in June so we ended up taking care of her father who has been crushed and not up to caring for himself well.  Add in a full time job, business trips and onsite conferences as well as a now six month old baby and I haven't had time to even think about the internet.  I'm very sorry for vanishing, I just literally had no left over capacity.

I'm now back home in my own house.  Still have the job and the baby but a lot more space to breath.  Whew.  

Have you guys been well? 

Personally, things have been going great for my family.  My wife has started a new job working as a forensic accountant for one of the major hotels here in Las Vegas.  It has a much better rate of pay than her old job and much more satisfaction in her work life.  Also, we have started legal proceedings to get legal guardianship of my 3 year old niece that has been living with us for over a year now.  Her parents know that they cannot provide for her as well as my family can, so they are on board with this.  Legal parental rights will still be in the hands of the mother, but my niece will be zoned for schools in our area, and eligible to go on my wife's health insurance when it kicks in in December.  I've been doing the stay at home dad to save on the cost of day care, and this little bugger has really wormed her way into my heart.  I couldn't love her more if she were my own daughter.  Things are going great, and we should have all the legal papers signed for the guardianship done by the end of the year.

I got five straight hours of class on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the rest of the semester, but in all reality it's not that bad. Every other day is relatively easy.

@Epiphany

So we can get our wayward team member into the mix, you and your mecha were on the ship sailing to Port Carson with the other members of the team.  You were just delayed by heading to a different office to arrange a small apartment for you and your wife.  She is not here with you yet; and will be flying out to join you in a week to give you time to settle in at your new post and make living arrangements for the two of you.  A quick check on your smartphone shows you where the rest of the team is, currently in a meeting with the Port's head NCO.

One thing that you have noticed as you are wandering about the port, the level of security seems to be very lax to your trained military eye.  There is a wall at the outer border of the base with weapon turrets, but you would still expect to see more mecha and foot soldiers on patrol, but they are just not there.

Hey Pips?  One of the downsides of having different themes in RpN now is that when you copy/paste, it brings the formatting of your theme with it.  You might have seen a thing that said "Remove Formatting" when you pasted into the text box?  That's one of the things it meant.

Why I'm bringing this up: I can tell you're in the default theme, because I use Night Life (it's much easier on my eyes) and your post was very, very white!

For example, Sherwood's post ahead of yours looks like this to me

RDF Sherwood.JPG

while yours looks like this

RDF Epiphany.JPG

Would you mind editing your post so that it isn't quite so blinding in other themes?  (And, alternately, if I forget to change mine and you can't read what I post, feel free to ask me to change too!)  There's a button that looks like a T with a tiny x, it should be the last button on the bar at the top of the text box, that removes all formatting.  (Sorry, this means your bold and italics would go too, but they're easily put back in, right?  And there isn't an easy way to remove just the background colors, I'm afraid.)  It would very, very much appreciated!  I love your posts but I do most of my RpN time at night, when I really need that dark theme, and it's hard to adjust. :/

Not a problem @Kaerri!  I tried to highlight everything and stripped the formatting.  Did it work?  Everything looks exactly the same to me as it did before.  Maybe it looks different to you now?  

How does one switch themes here?

Re: Changing theme.  Go to the very bottom of the page and select Theme.  If you go to RpN Night Life, that option will be on the left.  =)

Yes, your post latest post is easy to read  (and non-blinding)!  As someone who wore sunglasses at his computer desk all throughout RpN 1.0 and before, I thank you.  =)

Thanks for all of the likes, Pips!  Wow!  

Excellent.  I prefer the white look during the day but would greatly appreciate being able to put it in dark mode at night. :)

As for likes, hey, I caught up on my reading and you guys did great work!  Very fun and enjoyable to read.  

(Spoiler is a quote from Sherwood's IC post)

He shakes his head in the negative.  "You would have to discuss that possibility with the current administrator of Fort Hope, a woman named Martina Henish, a Colonel in the ASC, and her second in command, Major Lucio Navarrete.  Fort Hope is still under construction, so there are plenty of supplies being stored in the ASC temporary base.  I do not know what security is currently in place there at all, and my queries have been rebuffed.  Perhaps your team will be able to get through to them where my lack of tact has not."

Because we're so good at tact :P

Hey, he has to get a chance to get to know you before he knows about your lack of tact.

Beo sez, " [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]((Making me look up what E.B.S.I.S. *grumble grumble*))[/COLOR] "

I know full well who E.B.S.I.S. is; it's my character who is rightly clueless.  I didn't realize that her question would cause any fellow players to reach for their books (or Internet, etc.)...  =)

It's because some of us have the opposite problem: we're clueless but our characters know full well!

Sherwood sez, " [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]She fires a fairly good job of giving a brief civics lesson that I won't post here for brevity sake, since the players know the material already."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]This is not a request for more information, but a gentle reminder that about half of us don't know the material already.  As previously mentioned just this night, Beowulf had to look up E.B.S.I.S. (perhaps only to refresh his memory) and Kaerri didn't know there was an E.B.S.I.S. to look up.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]EDIT: I cannot speak for Pips as she has not yet communicated on the subject.[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back