Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
<p>

@Sherwood, please edit this post to include any OOC information

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have put in a request for a couple of new tabs; one for Neutral Characters that will be where I post the templates to choose from, and a Items tab that will be where I put the write-ups of the mecha you can choose from.

I now have the two new tabs filled with the character templates and mecha you will be using. There are four different types of mecha currently described; there is a fifth, but I don't want you to take the Phalanx as of now, and the Monster is more for reference than for you to pilot at the moment. Each character gets to choose one or two (depending on the write-up) of the four to be elite combat trained in. When you copy your sheet over to the Character's tab, please add in which one of the Destroids you want your MECT in.

I didn't feel old until I realized all the Robotech novels I read as a kid took place...today. Yikes.

Edit: Sherwood, any objection to me playing a micronized Zentraedi who joined the RDF?

You might be the second player to do so, and I don't mind.

For those wishing to take on a Zentraedi character, you can add to your sheets your native language of being able to read and write Zentraedi along with English.

Looking over my books, I see that there have been a few changes in the write-ups for character creation with the Zentraedi. Since I already have one player wanting to run an alien and a second asking about it in PMs, do you guys want me to include a couple of Zentraedi packages with the new rules, or do you guys just want to run with what we have here? If I post them, @Epiphany, you will have to change your sheet to reflect the new stats and skills.

I won't be able to post my character until Sunday, maybe earlier maybe later. Then I'll be home and have good internet and everything will be grand.

Sherwood said:
Looking over my books, I see that there have been a few changes in the write-ups for character creation with the Zentraedi. Since I already have one player wanting to run an alien and a second asking about it in PMs, do you guys want me to include a couple of Zentraedi packages with the new rules, or do you guys just want to run with what we have here? If I post them, @Epiphany, you will have to change your sheet to reflect the new stats and skills.
I see what you mean. I'm looking into the 2e book right now and, yeah, lots of it are surprisingly different for a Palladium product. I would be delighted to see a Zentraedi package, if that's easy or convenient for you to do. Speaking for myself (and having done little more than a once over so far), I'd lean towards the 'Fast Reflexes and High Dexterity' format on pg. 66 for female Zentraedi. If Special Aptitude Bonuses are a thing, I favor 'Natural Battloid Ace', 'Quick Reaction Time', or 'Charismatic/Charmer'. Since 2e doesn't seem to have any special rules for Zentraedi, I'd lean towards a Battleoid Ace OCC with probably the Sapper M.O.S. (the Excalibur makes a poor brawler and I don't think she's much of a pilot otherwise). I don't especially care about Related or Secondary Skills, other than I'd like Zaile to be a trained paramedic (per her backstory) and a decent cook. Preferred attributes include PP, PE, ME and MA (she is the friendly sort).

By the way, how are you handling rank? Are we all starting off as O-1: 3rd Lieutenants?

Ok, I'll whip up a couple of Zentraedi packages for you to look over, probably later on tonight and I'll do my best to make one up that will fit with what you are looking for in a character.. As for rank, you guys are not going to be officers, but a bunch of enlisted, probably a set of corporals with a sergeant in charge of the squad.

Heya everyone!

I'm Dannigan (call me Dann if you like). Sherwood and I have been true friends for a long time. My lady's name is Kaerri (who is more of a fantasy fan with a full RP plate, so unfortunately she won't be joining us here).

I'm the other player who desires to play a female micronized Zentraedi ("Maltrandi," if memory serves?). Her name is Taniya. She was once the girlfriend in the backstory of another character of mine in Sherwood's Southern Cross game (Cody). I see this as an opportunity to play a cool character I would otherwise eventually lose to the mists of time.

Sherwood, I have my old copies of 1st edition Robotech, but once again, I can't even find the titles for this 2nd edition Robotech being referred to here? I am also interested in these new Zentraedi packages if I may?

Beowulf, I've seen you in Sherwood's Southern Cross game. It will be good to RP with you here. =)

Honor and fun,

Dann =)

P.S. Oh, Sherwood. You asked for mecha preferences? Let's go with Spartan (Molon Labe! Ha ha!) and Defender, please.

I am in the middle of the Con, but in-between games and in the evening, I am going to post a couple of Zentraedi packages. I'm working on the first one right now.

Thanks for the information on ranks. I was originally thinking corporal but the 2e book said all Battleoid OCC pilots were officers, hence my confusion.

Nice to meet you Dannigan! First time playing with you, I think. Long time fan of Robotech but haven't actually played it since I was a kid. I look forward to our girls getting along. :) Or as the Zentraedi put it, "Par Dessu, T’sen Taniya!".

Hope you're enjoying the Con, Sherwood. :)

And you, Epiphany! Yes, this is our first interaction. So far, so good! =)

What Zentraedi-to-English source might you be using, please? I don't know a great deal about the Zentraedi customs, etc.; only the basics (and that's part of the fun - learning)! =)

Would someone mind providing me the exact title of the Robotech RPG 2e book(s) so I might buy them, please?

Ah. This looks like a good start: Zentraedi dictionary.

Par dessu, dentalla! =)

First off, I have posted two different Zentraedi soldier templates. @Epiphany, feel free to look them over and see if there is one that you may want to change your sheet to, otherwise you may stick to the one you have.

@Dannigan, the books that you'll need for this are:

Robotech Shadow Chronicles RPG. That is the core book with all the rules and skills in it

Robotech - The Macross Saga Sourcebook.

Both are available as PDFs if you hunt for them, or you can get them in hard copy from Palladium Books.

Sherwood? Might I also select from among the Zentraedi templates for Taniya? That second option fits her to a tee!

Thanks for the book leads. =)

@Epiphany, something else I just noticed. You are using the 1e write up for the Tomahawk, not the newer one that I have posted in the Items tab. You'll defenetly want to fix that and adjust your number of attacks given to you by HtH: Expert to 4 +1 for Boxing, unless you take one of the two template Zentraedi.

Dannigan said:
Sherwood? Might I also select from among the Zentraedi templates for Taniya? That second option fits her to a tee!
Thanks for the book leads. =)
Go for it. That's what they are there for. (B')

Thanks! Consider it done. =)

And as for Shadow Chronicles, I have that one! The wonderful people at Palladiumbooks.com sent it to me during the X-mas grab bag special they have every year! Woo-hoo! =)

Excellent! That's the core rules that everything works off of.

O.K. I do not yet have access to Robotech Macross Saga Sourcebook. Epiphany definitely knows more about Zentraedi (and making Zentraedi characters) than I do. There are several bonuses and skills on her character sheet (from page 7?) that I am unaware of.

Does my character therefore come with a "Human Tutelage" package? Bonuses to I.Q. and P.P.?

Those bonuses she has on her sheet are from the 1e books. She has a few things on her page that the ones I put up don't, but the reverse is true that the templates have stuff that hers does not.

There is a chart of Special Aptitude bonuses that I will have everyone roll on to get some special goodies. It is the chart in the Shadow Chronicles book, designed to help round out your characters. It includes chances for stat increases of various types that I will let everyone roll on.

O.K.

Besides wait for the Special Aptitude bonuses roll, what else can I do to get my character ready?

Do you also want my character to come with a Human Tutelage package of some sort? I don't mind playing a character without these skills (I can earn them later, but doing so will change her to some degree - as is, all she knows is combat, which I can RP). Her statistics, I find, are already generous. Thanks! =)

Three other questions:

1. This gaming setup is not like "Tales of the REF" where each of our characters had their own thread (useful!). Can that be set up here? If not, I'll just Bookmark my character's thread and edit as needed?

2. In the "Tales of the REF" game, the characters added their Strike to the bonus of missile fire. Will that be the case here?

3. Will Veritech piloting be allowed later in game, you think? Or is it too soon to tell? My character misses flying, and I'd like to know if, as we gain levels, I could "save" some skill slots for her to fly again.

Dannigan said:
O.K.
Besides wait for the Special Aptitude bonuses roll, what else can I do to get my character ready?

Do you also want my character to come with a Human Tutelage package of some sort? I don't mind playing a character without these skills (I can earn them later, but doing so will change her to some degree - as is, all she knows is combat, which I can RP). Her statistics, I find, are already generous. Thanks! =)

Three other questions:

1. This gaming setup is not like "Tales of the REF" where each of our characters had their own thread (useful!). Can that be set up here? If not, I'll just Bookmark my character's thread and edit as needed?

2. In the "Tales of the REF" game, the characters added their Strike to the bonus of missile fire. Will that be the case here?

3. Will Veritech piloting be allowed later in game, you think? Or is it too soon to tell? My character misses flying, and I'd like to know if, as we gain levels, I could "save" some skill slots for her to fly again.
I don't have a book that gives me any stats for what skills might be included in a Human Tutelage package. Perhaps @Epiphany can share with us? Otherwise, we will just go with the packages as given. I don't want to overbalance the Zentraedi characters compared to the human ones.

Other questions:

1. Sadly, I was not able to make this into the same kind of board as the REF game where every player gets his or her own thread. (>8U) Unless there is a way to later convert this over to one, we'll just have to make due.

2. Not this time. I will keep the missiles at the +3 for regular warheads and +5 for the smart ones.

3. Possibly. I was considering letting the group (if you want) join up with the REF forces heading out to deep space, and then you'd be able to pick up some new mecha skills if you'd like.

Cool on everything! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to this. =)

Users who are viewing this thread