Tales of the RDF - OOC

I think Sherwood means the Cold War bits that most (or all) of us lived through, but to our characters it's just another history lesson.

Unless I say otherwise, it's safe to assume that I don't know the lore of anything RDF related.

Me too.  I really ought to start reading those books Dannigan has, that he keeps telling me I ought to read. ;)

Speaking of suggesting books to read. You should all read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Unless fantasy isn't what you like, then I suggest you go around it. Otherwise read it. READ IT I SAY! And start with the first book, not the prequel. You can come back to the prequel, which for the record is called New Spring where the first book is called The Eye of the World, but it's not really necessary. It just expands on why a side character did what she did before the main character was even born. Then there's this online short but I haven't bothered reading it and apparently it's in the companion novel (a dictionary for the world of Wheel of Time) somewhere.

Long story short, read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, you won't regret it.

Yeah, I used to be a huge Robotech fan back in the 1990s.  Honestly, my memory of the EBSIS is "Uh, the Russians?"  I don't remember them ever getting any substantial detail.  I know I didn't play with them at all so I'm about as clueless as the rest of you. :)

And yes, the Wheel of Time series is quite excellent.  Be prepared for the pace to lag enormously around book 8 or 9, though.

Had a couple of questions just to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else:

@Sherwood: Barbara says, "[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]With the Defender firing in air burst mode, Connor and I can help sweep the sky clear of incoming missiles and leave the job of disabling the destroids to the two of you."[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]  Should that be "three"?  There's five of us in the group at present.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]@Beowulf: Is Connor staying with the nearest one even though Taniya already said to attack her target?  Or is he assuming that is her target?[/COLOR]

You are right; I mistyped that number.  Operator error.

I mean, I did that on purpose to see if anyone would notice.  Good job, there.  Yeah, that's what I mean.

Um, I had a question I've been meaning to ask, too.  Whatever happened to Red Panda Doug Dorsey?  He doesn't seem to have gotten off of the ship (or perhaps he didn't make the transfer from RpN 1.0 to RpN 2.0) and I don't see his character sheet.

Is Connor staying with the nearest one even though Taniya already said to attack her target?  Or is he assuming that is her target?

Taniya is about to address this.

Currently, he's assuming that she's going to be targeting one of the Spartans. If Taniya doesn't want to shoot at a Spartan, then he'll switch targets.

Um, I had a question I've been meaning to ask, too.  Whatever happened to Red Panda Doug Dorsey?  He doesn't seem to have gotten off of the ship (or perhaps he didn't make the transfer from RpN 1.0 to RpN 2.0) and I don't see his character sheet.

You are not supposed to point out oopsies by the Storyteller! 

lol  Seriously, I had forgotten about him, probably gotten lost in the switchover.  I can resurrect him if you want.

You are not supposed to point out oopsies by the Storyteller! 

Ha ha ha!  I thought you might have.  

As for playing him, I think the say should be yours, Sherwood - if you feel like playing him, go for it.  If not, I'm fine with it.  I want you to have as much fun as you can, too.  =)

IIRC, he was a Tomahawk pilot.  Let me look around and see if I can find him in the old materials I have.

Meanwhile I was sitting here and thinking 'Who the hell is Doug?'

An old NPC that I had.  After this much time and the fact that even the ST had forgotten about him, I shall have him transfer out instead of trying to fingerwave him back into the story.

61680899.jpg

It sounds like you really want Dorsey in his Tomahawk.

I can work with that.

Uh, Sherwood?  I think Beo was referring to me laughing at his funny.   =)

As for Doug Dorsey, yes, he was a Tomahawk pilot.  =)

Uh, Sherwood?  I think Beo was referring to me laughing at his funny.   =)

As for Doug Dorsey, yes, he was a Tomahawk pilot.  =)

I got that, but I was saying that it seemed like you wanted the extra firepower of the Tomahawk along.

Oh, uh, really I just want you to be happy.  If Dorsey comes along in a Comanchero and that brought a smile on your face, I'd be like, "Hey!  Let's do it!"  Whatever you want because it's your game too (especially yours)!  =)

Then I guess its a 'go' for your Tomahawk driver to be there in his mecha.  I will make my adjustments accordingly.

In that case, I guess Taniya would add that Doug open up with his guns on her target along with Connor and Barbara.  

See?  Catching GM Oopsies aren't such a bad thing after all!  And besides, does my memory fail me when I remember that the Tomahawk is your favorite of the RDF Destroids?  Now I suppose the question is: Which one did Doug choose?  RDF or UEEF (assuming you're giving him the same choice you gave us)?

Users who are viewing this thread