• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Someone help me with some brainpower if you would. Okay, so a silent Dog Whistle.

From what I can tell the stronger whistles have a range of about two miles for dogs. (I could be wrong, google was of little help with this surprisingly.)

Is it realistic for a Werewolf (with what I'm assuming is further enhanced hearing than a dog has) be able to hear or pick up such a whistle from a further distance? My assumption is yes. I was considering implementing a whistle into the roleplay but I don't want to completely BS the range or how it works. I'd much rather it be realistic and decide if it's plausible to use.

I'm just not very smart. lol

I don't see why not. I don't know of any times the show has specifically said how sensitive a werewolf's hearing is, but I don't think it's a stretch for it to be somewhat more than your average domestic dog. How much further I'm not sure, but a few more miles isn't a huge stretch IMO.

Someone help me with some brainpower if you would. Okay, so a silent Dog Whistle.

From what I can tell the stronger whistles have a range of about two miles for dogs. (I could be wrong, google was of little help with this surprisingly.)

Is it realistic for a Werewolf (with what I'm assuming is further enhanced hearing than a dog has) be able to hear or pick up such a whistle from a further distance? My assumption is yes. I was considering implementing a whistle into the roleplay but I don't want to completely BS the range or how it works. I'd much rather it be realistic and decide if it's plausible to use.

I'm just not very smart. lol

I don't see why not. I don't know of any times the show has specifically said how sensitive a werewolf's hearing is, but I don't think it's a stretch for it to be somewhat more than your average domestic dog. How much further I'm not sure, but a few more miles isn't a huge stretch IMO.

So far we've established that Emile was able to hear both ends of Chase's conversation while on the phone with Will. Given the naturally low toned frequency men's voice are I would say they are highly sensitive to hearing. Not to mention Morgan noted the 'noise' that came with humans, electronics and the like.

I'd be willing to say that a werewolf would hear a silent dog whistle for a good distance, I'll accept the two miles you stated above.

Just want to note as well; I -fully human, can hear a dog whistle at a short distance. We have apps on our phones for our dogs when out in the bush, I can year up to 16,000 hz before I'm deaf to it. Again minimal distance, I am holding the thing making the noise or my sister is less than 30 feet from my location.

Ok, this is actually pretty annoying. It's hard to find consistent info on what a djinn is capable of. Maybe senses improve as well as power when they get older? They can definitely smell blood from a good distance, though. Not miles or anything, just in the general area they're in.

Just want to note as well; I -fully human, can hear a dog whistle at a short distance.

Hm. Likely story.

But yeah, I agree. I don't have awesome hearing, but I can tell when high frequency whistles are being made. I don't so much hear it as feel a weird pressure in my eardrums.

Ok, this is actually pretty annoying. It's hard to find consistent info on what a djinn is capable of. Maybe senses improve as well as power when they get older? They can definitely smell blood from a good distance, though. Not miles or anything, just in the general area they're in.

Part of my upcoming goals for rolling forward was to establish Djnn in the character sheets. I'll do some research and work out with you what we want known for them.

Hm. Likely story.

You found me out, I'm god.

LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971 Same thing for kitsune, feel free to link me any references you guys are using for your characters since I don't have anything established.

As well I'm attempting to work in the kitsune into plots after the pack night -since we'll be focused on preventing the First Sin then. If you have suggestions let me know.

I've never used one personally so I couldn't say. Though I have Tinnitus so I've always had a low ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember. Dunno if it'd drown out the whistle or anything.

Side not I'm having a horrible writers block with this next post of mine.

Alright so my time away was well spent, I promise:

Post it wall before:
4N9rmDuh.jpg

Post it wall now: (I can't really call it a Post It wall any more....)

1fmtNXdh.jpg

And everything I wanted for the roll forward:

Ddo4XhCh.jpg

You can take the girl away from the Supernatural Rp.
But you can't take the Supernatural Rp from the girl. (or her brain that won't turn off. ;])

Elijah is Vitae's designated lightning rod of hate. Everyone from all walks of life can join together in despising him. Welcome to the club, Morgan :D

I'm just good like that.

Or I just watched the Inhumans trailer yesterday, and this song is the song they used, and it's sort of been in my head since.

It's basically been stuck with me ever since the Andromeda trailer.

Elijah is Vitae's designated lightning rod of hate. Everyone from all walks of life can join together in despising him. Welcome to the club, Morgan

Not hate, just utter dislike lol

Elijah is Vitae's designated lightning rod of hate. Everyone from all walks of life can join together in despising him. Welcome to the club, Morgan :D
I think she's going to be annoyed with Chase too, because that one's going to make even him laugh even if it was half directed at him.

They'll both end up in the doghouse.

Ba dum tss.

I think she's going to be annoyed with Chase too, because that one's going to make even him laugh even if it was half directed at him.

It was completely directed at him lmao

Elijah basically screwed up and forgot about Morgan for a split second in his rush to keep up the banter with Chase.

They'll both end up in the doghouse.

Ba dum tss.

8.5/10

Solid, but I'm afraid that's about all I can offer.

I just imagine Will, considering he only just found out about Chase's preferences, to be ever so more confused at the sight. Assuming he sees the trio leaving. Pfft.

...This can be worked in.

The sight might just leave him confused in more ways than one... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back