• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
john-cho.jpg

Arthur nodded to Ginny's introduction, he could feel the tension in the room and had little doubt it had greatly to do with his unannounced visit. He had briefly glanced to the others around the table, awaiting further introductions but soon enough the thunder god spoke, urging him on to speak. "Straight to the point then." He nodded once more stepping to the table where there was free space between Thor and Ginny. "As you wish, I have been reporting and receiving communications with the London Chapter House since my arrival; nothing of grave importance had been noted from LCH for several days until this morning when Director Brimley passed on a damage report from one of our outposts along the British, Scottish border." He flipped open the laptop and turned it to reveal a satellite image of what had once been a stone built castle and keep. Now there was nothing but ruins, charred earth and burning wreckage.

"The outpost was only able to send out a single word in their transmission: Dragon." Arthur, pressed a key on the computer bringing up another image. Like the first it was nothing but ruins, but for those who would know what they were looking at, it was the remains of the London Men of Letters Head Quarters. "With the forewarning, Brimley issued the orders for all agents to evacuate and seek safe grounds. This is all that remains of the LHC." He shut the lid of the computer, continuing. "As of ten minutes ago Brimley has reported in that the LHC has had a ninety percent survival rate and her two foremost strike teams with herself included, are headed to Vitae. After careful research we are aware of other wordily powers protecting this colony and we have reason to believe the Alpha Dragon, Hypolyes, will not discover us here."
Alator Alator Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

bTU0wF0.png

Chase started to slow and deviate from his previous path which could only mean they were arriving to wherever Missy and Bart were. It didn't take long for her to spot the child contently singing and coloring at a pic-nic table. As they approached she saw Bart turn away from what he had been doing, speaking to the pack member before heading their way. He gave them a gruff smile and short nod.

"Good to see yer still standing." He grumbled at Mac. She frowned momentarily but Bart spoke again. "Word travels 'round here. Not much of a welcome home, was it? Think he'd ease off a bit, given yer history..."

Mackenzie nodded slowly understanding just what Bart was talking about. "If he had then I would have known something was wrong." She commented offhandedly, glancing around quickly, trying to spot Malcolm but failing. She instead turned to Missy, nodding Bart to follow as she headed to speak to her distant cousin, journal in hand.
Crono Crono Safton Safton

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor sighed, his assumption was correct, few things but a dragon, let alone the first one, would have been able to cause such devastation. He spoke "Then I do not fault you for failing to stop him, Hypolyes is beyond any of you.". He rose from his chair, he knew that it was time to bring into play a weapon he had had the dwarves of Svartálfaheimr craft for him long ago. He took his eyes off Arthur and looked at no one in particular when he announced "I shall make a quick trip to Schwarzwald, I'll return shortly." And with that he was gone.

He appeared in what looked like a cellar, it was ancient and supported by crudely carved stone. It had been made in the late seventh century at his request, there was no visible entrance, yet Thor knew he was deep in the Black Forest of Germany. He wanted it so that no one would be able to find it except for him, he had personally carved runes into the walls that made it impossible for supernatural creatures to enter, except himself of course. He turned his hand so that his palm faced upwards towards the roof and at his command it began to burn. The flames harmlessly licking his fingers and hand, illuminating the small room. At the end of the room stood a stone piedestal with a slim, albeit long bronze chest. Like the walls protective runes had been carved into it. The deity extinguished the flames and picked it up.

Appearing again in Vitae, he held the chest in his hands. He looked around for somewhere to put it down and found a small table that stood against a wall. He put the chest down and began explaining what this was all about "Back in 674, at the time of the first siege of Constantinople at the hands of the Umayyads, a winged ancient horror was terrorizing the lands around the sea of Skagerrak. His name was Nidhöggr, a younger brother of Hypolyes. He was one of the oldest, who could assume the full form of a dragon, turning entire villages to ash in his wrath and endless hunt for gold. I couldn't allow that, so I hunted him down. I blasted him from the skies with lightning and forced him to assume human form... But a dragon's hide isn't just tough, it's magical, very few things can kill one as I'm sure you are all aware. Luckily I was far stronger back then and I could cave his chest in using this." He paused for a second and Mjölnir, that he kept magically concealed on him at all times, materialised in his hand. He made it vanish again "But I realised that there may be a time where a better weapon might be needed, so I took some of his blood and I had the dwarves of my world make this."

Thor turned around and opened the chest, lifting a magnificient sword, decorated with runes and precious gems. Despite having been left in a dark room under a forest for over a thousand years, it looked as if it had been made yesterday. The skill of the dwarven smiths was so legendary it had an influence on human culture even to this day. He admired it for a few seconds.

VW-SH8005LE_4_.png

The Thundergod smiled wolfishly and a dangerous look had appeared in his eyes "This sword can kill even the Alpha Dragon, and he has no idea it exists. Leave Hypolyes to me."

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Last edited:
elijah-8-jpg.465850

Elijah's eyes were locked on Arthur -- any fear of being recognized forgotten -- as the man matter-of-factly explained the situation in Europe with the Men of Letters. He was sorely tempted to demand answers about his family's status, but bit his tongue. Luckily another point in the briefing caught his attention, the mention of a "Director Brimley". Evelyn. He pursed his lips, feeling a swell of emotions he'd long since thought forgotten... anger strongest of all. He wasn't surprised to see that advancement had come quickly for the woman: his former friend, training partner... and potentially more, once upon a time.

The knowledge that she was coming to Vitae was troubling, his jaw tightening reflexively at the news. Arthur might not recognize him, but she most certainly would. There was little he could do other than hope that the current alliance between Vitae and the Men of Letters was stronger than whatever resentment the ancient organization still held for him. His thoughts were interrupted as Thor returned, presenting the sword to those arrayed at the table. Elijah raised his eyebrows, the swordsman in him appraising every line of the fine blade.

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide cocked her head at Thor's confident remark about handling Hypolyes. Her knowledge of lore when it came to dragons was slim at best, but it was clear that the creature in question was no common monster. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" she asked anxiously, shifting in her chair as she glanced at the deity. "You're not back to your old strength, after all -- sword or not."
William Main.jpg
William watched the exchange between Bart and Mackenzie, smiling lightly. He held no ill will towards Vitae's former captain-of-the-guard; he had simply done what anyone would do for their blood. Will allowed Mac to lead the way toward Missy, stepping forward to give Bart a nod and brief handshake as they followed behind the petite woman. Will's eyes fell on Missy; the girl seemed content at the moment, which was a relief. Though he knew better than to make any assumptions based on outward appearances, even with children.

Ginny shrugs ever so slightly as she sits down. Apparently her attempt to distract Arthur from Elijah was unnecessary. She was hoping an overly friendly djinn getting up in his face and trying to make skin contact with him would throw him off at least a little bit, though. Either this guy didn’t recognize her for what she is (unlikely), he trusts her (even more unlikely), or he was confident that she wouldn’t try anything, or that some kind of defense would protect him.

She looks over at him as he sits next to her, and starts on his report. She swallows nervously, understanding that the creature potentially coming for them could destroy her without a second thought. On another note, there’s a dragon. A son of Eve, though she doubts him being her very distant uncle will protect her in the slightest. There is absolutely no contest between a normal dragon and an adolescent djinn, forget the alpha.

She takes a deep breath, looking to Thor as he says he can deal with him, hoping he really can. There’s going to be a lot of praying if it comes down to that, for sure. She’s got enough anxiety with just the Hades visit, this did not need to happen right now.
NanLia NanLia Alator Alator Safton Safton

97a5f300329e3eeb07ff1096bd239ea4.jpg

With the two hunters at their destination with the young girl, Chase gave an acknowledging glance at Bart before moving to one of the nearby empty picnic tables. The man stepped up on the seat and sat down on the actual table part itself, still turned in the direction of the small group. He wasn't far enough to be excluded necessarily, not only was this more of a family affair but he was also opting not to crowd the girl. With the goody bag placed next to him on the table Chase briefly glanced back the way they came, curiously checking to see if he could spot Emile before turning back to face the others. No doubt Brody was getting a good talking to, though he was curious how long it'd take the Alpha to deal with that before returning.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor gave Adelaide a sad smile as she raised her concerns about the dangers of the plan "Of course it's not a good idea, but we are at war, risks must be taken. Do not mistake my determination for empty bravado. It is because of a lack of better options. Hypolyes is too powerful for any human hunter to deal with, the difference in strength and speed is too much. We have a few supernatural hunters, that is true, but none with enough that would make a difference, because they are too inexperienced. That leaves beings like the angels, unfortunately he's killed a lot of them over the ages, they tend to rely more on the fact that they are more powerful than their enemies, but when their enemy is stronger than them they usually do not fare very well. And they have larger concerns than just him right now. I would say I am on par with a Crossroads Demon in terms of power as it is right now. My strength, magical abilities and reaction time are superior to that of normal hunters, enough so that it lessens his advantage enough to give me a fair chance. Not to mention I am quite hard to kill myself. And I have eons of experience, I have faced all manner of creature, and I am one of the very few who has faced a dragon and lived to tell the tale in history, let alone alive."

He paused briefly before he resumed "This will not stop, after he has finished with the Brits what is to stop him from going after my associates in Ahnenerbe der Wahrheit? Independent hunters? With no means of defending themselves they will continue to be slaughtered like sheep. With every such victory the enemy will only grow stronger. Trying is something I must do. When he is in the middle of his accursed work and thinks himself as unstoppable. Should I fail... Well it was always my fate to fall at the hands of a serpent wasn't it?" Referring to the famous story of Ragnarrok, how he was to die at the hands to the World Serpent Jörmungandr

Though he preferred to try other options, the deity was not afraid of death. That didn't mean he would go down meekly, accepting his fate before it had come. He was the leader of the Norse gods, the most fearsome wrath of Asgard. If Thor should fear Hypolyes, then too should the Dragon fear him.

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

3SijZSx.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Ashley-May watched in disbelief as Arthur almost casually played out the scenes before them. She hadn't thought the reason for the Men of Letter to evacuate would have been for a good reason but she had even fathomed anything about and Alpha, let along the Dragon. She glanced to Elijah, trying to judge how he took in the information whilst Thor was gone, choosing to remain silent for the time being. She had little to know information about dragons - so far as she was concerned they were myth among 'normies' and hunters. She never dreamt there would be a day where she would be told they were not only alive and well but able to cause utter decimation at will. While Arthur seemed confident that Vitae was far beyond its reaches she had some serious doubts; after all Pan had been able to essentially hold the entirety of them captive for his sickening game.

Morgan shifted in her seat, glancing between Thor and Adelaide once the god returned and declared he was decided on facing the dragon himself. The god was ever confident in his power and ability - no doubt because he was, in fact a god, but she cleared her throat. "Hypolyes isn't like the other dragons," She said almost timidly, but sat forward. "He's Eve's first. Our Alpha, our father, passed on warning and cautionary tales about the ones named dragon." She watched Thor a moment, not truly wanting to divulge every part of her packs lore, but she didn't want to witness the god march off to death. "He warned us that Hypolyes doesn't have a match on Earth: his brothers can be slain, but so far as our Alpha knew - Hypolyes could not. I understand you want to protect as many as you can ... I'm just saying .. I don't know, be careful? Find back up?"
Alator Alator

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie settled in beside Missy at the pic-nic table, setting the black journal on the wooden table top before glancing over the girls drawing. She had gone silent since she and Will had drawn closer but it didn't dissuade Mac from speaking. "Do you know who I am?" She asked quietly.

Missy nodded but didn't look away from her paper, though she had stopped drawing.

"Then you know where I've been...?"

Once more the girl nodded, stealing a glance at Mac before focusing once more on the paper before her.

"We're the same, you and I." Mac said, flipping open the journal and taking a crayon. At the first page she started to draw the room she remembered before she had been taken by the Nest. "I used to live them all," She nodded her head towards the pack, not looking away from the sheet as she drew the purple and pink eyesore of a bedroom that had been hers in Borseti. "And then one day I was alone. Taken. But like you I was found again." Mac fell silent, finishing her drawing with Missy watching with interest. When she was done she turned the book so her young cousin could view it. "That used to be my room, when I was your age." She turned the page to a blank sheet and slid the book in front of Missy. "Do you remember what your room looked like?"
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile lead Brody towards where the pack was congregating. He knew well enough he couldn't tell Brody to leave off and stay away - it would only leave the angry wolf to brood alone and come back with a stupider plan than he had had before. Instead he dragged the large man to his cabin, having him sit, in full view, of the rest of the pack and where Mackenzie and William were now speaking with Bart and Missy. "You stay here." He said simply, watching Brody with a huff before turning back towards everyone else.

He was thankful to have Chase bring Mac and Will in to their destination - Malcolm was keeping his distance for obvious and annoying reasons. Mal was his Beta, and at times like this - when he needed to handle an unruly wolf (usually Brody) Mal stepped up to keep and eye on the pack and get things done that he would have done himself. He strode across the open area, towards where Chase stood at an awkward distance from their guests. "Thank you," He spoke softly, reaching out to rest a hand on Chase's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. "No more issue when I gone?"
Crono Crono

john-cho.jpg

Arthur frowned as Thor laid out his intent and plan after returning. He listened to the wolf speak before nodding. "She isn't wrong - there isn't much on this planet that could kill him, except maybe Eve or Adam themselves." He crossed his arms over his chest, a hand rising to his chin as he thought. "As it stand we have no way of tracing where he has gone - and he had gone. The Chapter House has been laid to waste. We're getting some final video feeds in now but beyond that we won't know is what he's searching for."

He sighed heavily. "I can't prevent you from searching for him, Son of Odin, but I honestly suggest you wait and bide you time. It is possible that Brimley has something up her sleeve - she's been known to come up with unique ways of dismantling monsters that historically have been labeled as 'immortal'. She will be here in a few days time and we can discuss it further then."
Alator Alator Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Elijah Main.jpg
adelaide-main-jpg.471242

Adelaide and Elijah both glanced over in surprise at Morgan as she spoke up, seemingly possessing more knowledge about Hypolyes than either would have guessed. Elijah cocked his head as he looked back toward Thor. "She's right, Thor. I know you're not a big fan of the angels, but if you're dead set on doing this, you might consider bringing some of them with you. We're in this fight together." However, as Arthur spoke further about Brimley, Eli pursed his lips and remained silent, nodding tersely.

william-main-jpg.471248

William kept his distance from Mackenzie and the child, arms crossed as he watched the exchange, his eyes riveted on the scene. It was a side of Mac he hadn't seen before, one that surprised him... and not in a negative way. He had never for a second considered her crass or uncaring even if others in Vitae had (most of which had been part of the exodus), but it surprised him nonetheless to see her engaging with Missy in an almost motherly fashion. Will knew there was little he could offer either of them, instead contently watching as his fiancee slid the paper across the table.

Chase watched and listened from his seat on top of the picnic table as the girls interacted around fifteen feet away at the next one. Will looked slightly out of place with a silent statue look to him, he'd half-expected the man to come sit with him but Chase supposed he wouldn't want to leave Mac's immediate proximity after Brody's encounter. The werewolf turned his head when he heard voices speaking up towards the cabin, there he saw Emile dealing with Brody, or at least the finale of it. He offered the Alpha a small smile in greeting just before he was thanked even though he found the thanks unnecessary. The man ran a hand through his hair then leaned back on the table with his arms behind him holding him up, still facing towards the group at the next table over. "Nope, not a peep so far. Leave it to Brody to make an otherwise peaceful encounter into something more." He noted with a faintly irritated tone. "I hope you told him off for being a moron."

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor remained respectfully silent as several in the room objected to his plan, he first turned to Morgan. She had obviously been told a few things about Hypolyes from her father, he spoke "I know you hold your Alpha in high esteem, and I respect that, but he does not know everything - Hypolyes can be killed. I am well aware of what I am going up against. Your Alpha is partly right though, there are very few who can match Hypolyes. There are some, like Zeus and yours truly, when not weakened of course, to name two, who can match and even surpass him in raw power even when not empowered by something else. But his extraordinary invulnerability does give him an edge. However if you have a weapon capable of killing him..."

He turned to Arthur "And there are more out there than Adam and Eve, but none that either would or could help. But, I should perhaps elaborate on this sword. It was forged by the dwarves of Svartálfaheimr, the ones who make the weapons of the gods, including my hammer. Besides the superior craftmanship, they weave magic enchantments into the very metal itself. The reason why those weapons can kill even gods. That is the kind of blade that was forged with Dragon's blood. If I run Hypolyes through with it, he will fall. And as for Brimley.... Given the fact that the Dragon just laid waste to your headquarters and has been massacring your people for a while, not to mention my already strong opinion of your organisation, I hope you understand why I wouldn't count on her. Not when I already have a unique way as you put it of my own."

Lastly he turned to Elijah "As for my strategy, as I said I will not be blindly chasing after him, I shall wait until he resurfaces, and turn the tables so that the hunter will become the hunted. If the angels want to join in, the more the merrier."

Last edited:
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan flushed deeply as Adelaide came to focus on her, uncertain if the information she had revealed was too much. That flush only deepened as Thor cast his steely gaze on her as well, both welcoming and dismissing the warning she had given him. She was thankful when the attention turned back to Arthur and Elijah - worrying over what the Dragon could be after. She shifted in her seat uncomfortably for a moment before leaning closer to Addy. She didn't make eye contact when she spoke in a hushed tone. "Was that too much? Did it freak you out?"

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie watched Missy look over the blank page before nodding. She slid the book closer and selected her own colors before beginning the drawing of her bedroom. Mac watched quietly, aware of Will and Bart hovering near by. She wasn't sure if Missy's silence was nerves or maybe just too many people. While the girl worked on her drawing she glanced over her shoulder to Will. "Maybe you and Bart can take a walk?"

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile snorted at the thought of having got the message through to Brody. "He don't listen to himself." He commented offhandedly, taking a second to look Missy and Mackenzie's direction before turning to watching Brody. "He say he knew it bad, that he go speak to her but he could no stop it." Emile shrugged, even at this distance he could see the pent up energy in the large man. Clearly he was struggling with the simple task of sitting still. "I tell him he wait and if she go see him then he speak to her, not before."

To his surprise he finally saw his Beta stepping out from the woods the direction of his and Brody's tent. Malcolm looked nervous at the distance, almost uncertain about approaching the tables where most of the pack was. Upon seeing his son seated on the steps of the Alpha's cabin he made for Brody instead. Emile huffed again, annoyed by the cagey behavior of the Cannonach wolves. "You think we tell them they go to prison today."
Crono Crono

john-cho.jpg

Arthur was not in the least surprised to hear Thor dismiss his suggestion of waiting for Brimley's arrival for more intell and possibly a resolution. He was going to counter the god once more until the british spoke up and brought up an interesting point. He had nearly forgotten about the colonies recent angelic visitors and the very same that seemed intent on protecting the grounds from their dark enemy. He made a mental note to bring it up to Brimley later as a potential point of interest for the Men of Letters in their new location. "If there is nothing else I can help any of you with, I'll take my leave."
Alator Alator
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Safton Safton

Elijah remained silent as Arthur wrapped up. He could already see the gears turning in the man's head and wondered for a brief moment if had miscalculated and he really had been recognized. He pushed the concern away, giving the man the slightest of nods.

Adelaide smiled politely. "Thank you for coming and filling us in," she said, watching as the man simply nodded and departed. Morgan leaned in and Addy heard the anxiety in her voice, felt it radiating from her aura. Addy frowned, confused at first before slowly sliding her hand over Morgan's. "No, jolie loup. It takes much more than that to freak me out these days," she murmured with a smirk. "I was just surprised is all."

Alator Alator
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

William and Bart glanced at one another as Mac spoke up, both men hesitating albeit for different reasons. Will hated the idea of leaving Mac's side even for a moment after the incident with Brody, while Bart was clearly concerned for Missy's sake. Will knew Bart didn't distrust Mac in the least, even when it came to Missy -- otherwise they wouldn't be here right now -- but he saw a brief flash of grandfatherly protectiveness in the man's eye before he nodded with a smile.

Will returned the gesture. "Shall we?" He gave Mac a wave before leading the way away from the picnic area. The two strolled toward the commons area, Bart being the one to break the silence. "How's Vitae holding up?"

"Things are... tense. A lot of people have left. The Council -- what's left of it -- is just trying to take it day by day," Will said with a shrug.

Bart nodded, silent for a moment before speaking again. "Listen, I wanted to apologize for how things went down the night... you know. And all the lies before that." He rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"Don't apologize," Will said mildly. "You were doing right by your family in a bad spot. I understand that... and respect it. You never owed me anything... quite the opposite, I think," he chuckled. "We're all better off for it, despite everything."

NanLia NanLia

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor merely nodded as Arthur left, he hadn't forgot how he had treated Abiageal, and had they not been allies by necessity the man would have already had his throat crushed. Sword pointed downward to avoid hurting anyone by accident with the exceedingly sharp blade, Thor sat down next to Elijah with a crooked smile, his face had betrayed his concerns. He spoke with a low voice "Don't worry, they will be refugees here, hardly the right time to go after an old associate who happens to be their ally in a war. As long as you don't go out of your way to piss them off, they wouldn't try anything while still in Vitae. Anyhow..." He lifted the sword up slightly by the hilt so Elijah saw what he was talking about "If I kill Hypolyes, I won't need this anymore after I have recovered thanks to the grace, so I've decided it will be yours once it has served it's purpose, if you want it. Besides your obvious aesthetic appreciation for swords, it might come it come handy. As I explained this is a weapon of gods like my hammer and my father's spear, it can kill us as well as plenty of other beings. Should another situation like the one with Pan arise, and I'm not around, you won't be defenceless."

The Deity had always and would always prefer his trusted hammer, the blade was just a necessity, and with no need of it he'd rather see it become useful rather than just lying around. Or worse, end up in the wrong hands.

Chase huffed with the subject of Brody as the conversation whilst still watching the two females at the other table, "I don't know what his intent was but he could have ruined any shot at having a relationship with her." The man shook his head a little, then turned to look at Emile as he spoke. Following the mans line of eyesight he spotted Malcolm looking a bit unsure as he traveled towards the cabin. An eyebrow raised as his eyes set once again on the man next to him, "You can't say you wouldn't be acting the same if I weren't here talking you through it." A hint of a smirk on his face even though he felt it was partly true. If he'd left when he had the chance long ago would either of these groups be so willing to meet with one another? He wondered. Sure, he was a connecting thread but he wasn't the only one.

With Bart and Will wandering off Chase got the feeling this was going to be a while, not that he was bothered, but this led him to finding something more to occupy his time temporarily. Pushing back to sit straight up once again he tugged on the bag so that he could unzip it and take a look inside. The smile nor the shaking of his head could be prevented as he spotted item after item, one hand moving stuff around but not taking anything out. DVD's, magazines, a laptop? Ashley must have assumed he was bored out of his mind out here, not that she was completely off point. There were some zip-locked bags and such below but he didn't want to dig them out. However at the sight of a particular item he both gasped and snorted at the same time which led into laughing.

Chase hoisted the leash attached to an empty collar out of the bag and held it in the air for Emile to see what he'd gotten a kick out of. "Everyone makes all the jokes in the world," He started whilst coming down from small fit. "But she literally went out and bought one." Wiping a small amount of water from his eye he shook his head once more. Eyes wandering from the collar to Emile and back again and nodded, "Looks about your size." He said sarcastically before dropping it back into the bag.​
NanLia NanLia

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan nodded, feeling only slightly relieved by the fact that Addy hadn't been put off by her pack knowledge about Alphas. It was hard to tell what, if anything, might set her off. She had long listened to horror stories from other pack members who had interactions with hunters and that even the slightest bit of otherworldly knowledge could trigger them into action. She knew Addy wasn't like other hunters, but she was still very much a human that Morgan didn't fully understand.

GiKY4Jh.jpg

Malcolm did not stay with Brody long, watching Bart and Will move away from Missy and Mackenzie, he stood from the steps of the cabin and headed across the clearing towards his brother and the false alpha. As he drew closer her returning Bart's nod of greeting before turning to greet Will much the same. "Good to see you here in one piece." He said awkwardly, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Heard about the trouble Brody brought down on you both ... She okay?" In truth Malcolm wanted to ask if she had read the journal, if she had finished it and now knew the truth.

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May smiled and bid Arthur goodbye as the man left. As much as she would have liked to invite him to join them at the table, she was well aware of just how much Thor disliked the man. She knew that she and the deity had a stand offish relationship as it were, but she didn't want to make the evening any more uncomfortable. She had turned to address Brendan, going ask if any arrangements had been made so far for Hades when she heard Thor address Elijah as a former associate. She paused, clear eyes turning to Eli to watch for a moment before she spoke. "Um what?" She glanced from him to the god and back again. "Sorry, but did he just say you were an associate of theirs that they'd go after?"

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile shrugged, at a loss for words for Chase's commentary. He didn't know, exactly, how he would react to all of his if Chase hadn't been there with him, nor how he would be if the situation were reversed in some way. He was just content now to see that at least Missing and Mackenzie seemed calm enough - not wanting a scene to break out in the midst of his pack. There were too many variables here, too many people he couldn't predict their actions to account for.

His attention was turned to Chase as he dragged a bag he didn't recognize onto his lap and start to rifle through it. The moment the bag was opened Emile knew it had to have come from the pack and with Chase's comment about she he knew for certain it was from his friend Ash. He watched curiously as Chase looked over things with haste but soon dragged out a leather leash and collar and held it up towards him like a prize. Emile was quite aware that he was often watched, more so now that he had a love within the pack - it was something he was used to. Despite the many years of people watching his every move it did nothing to prevent the sudden heat and deep red flush from rising to his cheeks. His eyes widened as Chase waggled the leash and collar before him, announcing to anyone within ear shot that the fit might be correct before stuffing it away.

He raised a hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly as he took a quick glance around to a few of the nearest pack members, noting their smirks or soft chuckles before he leaned in a whispered with a hiss. "What is wrong wit your friend?"
Safton Safton Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Crono Crono Alator Alator

Ginny lets out a sigh, glad that Arthur is gone now, and not sitting right next to her. As confident as she tried to behave there, the man of letters makes her skin crawl. She would really like to get a look into his head one of these days…

She shakes her head, clearing it of such thoughts, and looks around the table, very nervous. It feels like something might be about to go down.
Alator Alator NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Elijah 4.jpg Adelaide Main.jpg
Elijah turned his attention to Thor as the deity took his seat, speaking to him reassuringly. Eli returned the god's smile wearily, nodding once. He knew Thor was likely right, but it did little to ease his concerns. As the Norseman went on to offer Eli his sword in the future, his eyebrows shot up as his eyes fell once again to the ornate albeit undoubtedly functional blade as if the weapon had a mind of its own and called to him. "I-- thank you. I wouldn't turn that down... if you're sure," he managed to say through his surprise. "I--" he began until Ashley-May spoke up alongside him.

Eli paused, registering her words with a frown until he tracked backwards through his mind to recall just what Thor had revealed to the table. Elijah closed his eyes briefly, taking a deep breath before turning to face Ash. "Yes. It... it has to do with my family. I'll explain everything later."

Adelaide watched the exchange silently, lips pursed. She was surprised that Eli hadn't filled Ash in on everything in his history, but it wasn't her place to comment.

William 2.jpg
William watched Malcolm approach, his muscles tensing slightly out of instinct. He returned the man's nod with one of his own. As he inquired about Mackenzie, Mac's words back at Vitae before the trip here rang through his mind. He wasn't sure Mac was ready to talk with Malcolm at all yet... much less about the subject of her parentage; Will had no intention of doing anything but honoring her wishes. "She's all right," he said evenly, turning to glance across the commons toward the picnic area where Mac still sat with Missy. "Just... it wasn't the welcome either of us were expecting."

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor let out a surprised "Oh..." at Ash's comment, the deity had believed that Elijah would have told her when he figured out why Elijah was looking so worried, especially given that he was British it wasn't hard to guess. Elijah however made it clear that he didn't want to talk about it there and then when he told Ash that he would explain things later. Attempting to help the man out of the awkward situation Thor continued with a response to Elijah's remark about being given the sword "I'm sure, Mjölnir was made specifically for me and I hardly need another one besides it when at full power. I trust you are familiar with wielding a blade?"

He held out the sword towards Elijah so he could feel how well-balanced and overall well crafted it was for himself.

Watching Emile turn to look at the closest pack members in distress was surprising. Chase likely took far more pride and amusement in seeing the other man be embarrassed over this than he probably should. It was nice to have the tables turned on the Alpha, even if it hadn't really been his intention. Honestly he'd just thought it was too funny to be embarrassed over, considering who sent it and her assumed intention. "Okay okay." He conceded, leaning in and lowering his voice so that at the very least none of the nearby humans would hear. "If you're too shy about wearing it then I'll wear it instead." Chase teased, giving the man a wink before straightening up on the table once again. Of course this was all playful banter at the moment, not that he was against the idea, but he'd simply decided to ride the train Ash had started by sending the gift in the first place. Though at Emile's question he just chuckled, "Probably a lot of things, but she's just got a sense of humor. She probably sent it as a harmless canine joke, who knows. I just decided to turn it into a kinky one."

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May watched Elijah as he 'explained' himself to her. Eyes roaming his face as he simply passed it off as something the would give her the details of at a later time. She didn't care about the details, why he had been in league with them previously, she cared that the god apparently had some belief that they would seek some sort of retribution on him for whatever slight he may have done. She knew there was no point in asked for an answer now, Eli had made it clear he wasn't going to answer and Thor was already moving on to talking more about the blade. She became aware that Adelaide had been watching her so she smiled briefly, clearing her throat. "I'll go get desert." She said, standing from the table and taking her plate and heading back into the kitchen.

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie looked over the drawing that Missy turned her direction, giving an appreciative nod before pointing as a few object to question what they were. "Is this you favorite color?" Missy nodded. "And was this bedroom yours in Borseti." Another nod. "Do you miss your home?" A third. It continued on like this, clear that Missy had little intention of speaking and Mac not bothering to press - the worst thing she could do was make Missy feel uncomfortable within the pack - possibly the only safe place she might know. Mac turned the page and collected another crayon, spelling out her name and leaving behind her phone number. "If you want to talk at all, you can call me-" She paused, glancing over the girl. "Or text." At this Missy nodded again. "Any time, day or night." Mac was happy to see the girl smile at the suggestion as she closed the journal, leaving it on the table to Missy to keep, hoping the girl would continue to draw within it.

Mac was all too aware of Brody sitting across the clearing, watching her as she spoke to MIssy. It was unnerving, to say the least but she leaned in and whispered into MIssy's ear, delighted to hear the girl giggle before nodding her understanding. She watched as Missy collected her journal, coloring book and crayons before swinging her legs over the bench seat of the pic-nic table and dash across the grass field towards the Alpha's cabin. Mac stood and slowly made her way towards where Will had ended up with the remaining members of her family.

GiKY4Jh.jpg

Malcolm nodded, cursing silently as the answer. Of course it wasn't how they expected to be greeted: who would? There wasn't a point in apologizing for what had happened - the only person who could would have been Brody and for the moment he was 'grounded' for lack of a better word. Mal turned, about to ask if there was anything he could do to help when he heard Missy giggle. He, and Bart, were stunned to see her clamber from the table and dash across the grass towards the Guardian with no cares. His confusion was soon cut short as Mackenzie arrived, keeping a distance from him, she turned and spoke to Will. "We should go."

As much as he hated it, he understood why. "I'll make sure he stays put." He said quietly, not really needing to explain himself before turning to follow Missy in the direction she had gone.

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile huffed at the suggestion that Ash leaving the leash and collar had been an innocent joke. He had little doubt the blonde was far more aware of what she had given him than Chase gave her credit for. He hadn't missed the suggestion that Chase would wear the collar himself, but chose not to mention it for the time being - too many people still within earshot for his liking. "You not wrong," He said instead. "Lot of things wrong wit her." He agreed, nudging Chase's ribs with his elbow. "The first is be your friend." Emile would have gone on save for the movement from their guests, Mac making her way back to the false Alpha and Malcolm making a hasty retreat.

He had hoped that they would find amends tonight or some sort of peace where it would be feasible to ask her and Will to stay and celebrate with them but it was clear the pair of hunters were not comfortable within the packs grounds - he could hardly blame them. Even now, with Morgan contently playing in the Colony, put Emile at edge. Anyone at any time could easily go after her and she'd be at a disadvantage with the rest of the pack here. Hell, they had thought that the colony was safe but Thomas had proved that wrong. "You should invite them back." He said quietly to Chase. "Maybe wit your wrong friend et l'alpha du colonie?" He turned his attention back to his young love. "Maybe like she do for us today? We go has breakfast, away from le meute?"
Safton Safton
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Alator Alator
Crono Crono

elijah-4-jpg.473668
adelaide-main-jpg.473669

Elijah smirked as Thor questioned his familiarity with swordsmanship. "I was read the fencing manuals of Fiore, Talhoffer, and Joachim Meyer the way most children are read bedtime stories. I knew how to throw a proper zwerchhau before I could tie my own shoes." It was an exaggeration... though not much of one. He paused, about to thank Thor again when Ashley-May stood up and announced that she was going to fetch dessert -- the tone of her voice telling Eli all he needed to know. The smile disappeared from his face as he watched her disappear into the kitchen, his heart sinking into his stomach. He was making to stand when he saw Adelaide out of the corner of his eye shaking her head.

Eli pursed his lips before settling back into the chair reluctantly while the psychic excused herself, standing up to head into the kitchen after Ash. Addy paused just inside the kitchen, giving Ash a somber smile. "Hey. You all right?" she asked quietly.

william-2-jpg.473674

William saw the regret flash through Malcolm's eyes -- no monster there, just a guilt-ridden father -- at his words. He felt Mac approaching before he saw her, spotting Missy approaching Brody over the woman's shoulder with a faint nod of understanding. As Malcolm departed, Will hesitated before turning to Bart. "Can you walk Mac to the car?" he asked quietly, turning to take his fiancee's hand in his own. "I'll be over soon. There's something I need to do."

He placed a quick kiss on her forehead before turning on his heel to cross the clearing toward Chase and Emile. Will approached slowly. "Sorry to interrupt," he remarked, somewhat stiffly as he felt his anxiety rising. "I have a... request." Will reached into his back pocket to remove a small envelope, handing it to the Alpha. "It's to Trent's wife. When you head back to Borseti, could you...?" His voice trailed off and he sighed. "I know nothing I could write would ever make her forgive what I did. But she deserves something."

Last edited:

Chase snorted slightly at the other mans comment about there being something wrong with wanting to be his friend, "So what does that make you? Considering you are the one wanting to jump in bed with me." He shot back in an aggressively playful tone. Giggling from the nearby table had him turning his head to see the kid running off, Mac soon after though in a different direction. Calling for Will that they should go. He had to admit he was disappointed he hadn't really gotten to speak with either of them but Chase understood their hurry. At Emile's suggestion he turned to eye the man suspiciously before giving a simple nod, sliding off the table. However before he could move to speak with them Will was already on his way over, so he waited for the man to approach. It was clear the hunter was uncomfortable, and Chase didn't fully comprehend why until Will spoke. "We'll make sure she gets it." He'd opted to answer, despite Will addressing Emile more than him. Chase ran a hand through his hair as he grew uncomfortable as well before crossing his arms over his chest, "I plan to pay her a visit when we head back to...say what I need to. I take partial responsibility for what happened." Their guilt might be from different actions but it came from the same result.

In an attempt to prevent anyone from arguing otherwise he switched up the conversation, one hand dropping down while the other sought to awkwardly rub at the back of his neck. "Missy's pack initiation dinner party thing is happening today, you guys are could stick around for it if you like." To be fair he didn't know what it was technically called, that or he'd forgotten. He also knew Will wasn't the deciding vote, that Mackenzie was. "I got the same treatment the day after I came out here. Mostly just food and loudmouths, celebrating her return to the pack." He described it to give the man an idea of what would be happening. Shrugging his shoulders, it wasn't a big deal as far as he was concerned. But Chase knew that with Mac and Missy being family and meeting one another that maybe she'd want to be around for it, who knows.​

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor looked at Adelaide as he rose and walked into the kitchen, he sighed and looked at Elijah apologetically "I believe I spoke a bit carelessly there, my apologies, didn't think it would be new information to her." Suddenly he felt a buzzing in his pocket, it was from Viktor. He had texted him two images and the sentence He struck again, I believe you'll make the same connection I made. -- Of the two pictures one was of the victim and the second was of the report of injuries. He showed Elijah and enlarged the picture of the list before reading them, after having read half of it he said "In regards to what Viktor said... There does seem to be a familiar madness to this particular crime." The approach reminded Thor a lot of the work of someone who had been dead for well over a century and who had since passed into legend.

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May blinked at the sudden voice with her within the kitchen and turned to see Addy arriving as she set down her dishes within the sink. The question gave her pause but she smiled after a moment. "Actually I'm not," She leaned a hip against the counter top with an over dramatic sigh. "I promised desert but I don't have any. A tiny hunter was supposed to be here and I was going to coerce her into baking something but she and her giant husband never arrived." She gave Addy a playful wink. "I have a plan, can you grab me the tray from the cupboard there please?" Ash pointed to the location of the tray. She turned to the pantry and removed a couple of packages of store bought cookies.

With Addy putting the tray on the counter, she passed the second package of cookies to her new accomplice. "I used to call this 'fake baking'. Anytime someone was having a party or celebrating something, my ma always told me to never arrive empty handed, but given I was working full time and in med school who has time for baking, right?" She smirked as she turned on the oven to pre-heat. "So I started doing this and it's worked so far ... don't tell." She started to lay out the cookies on the tray. "Just stick them in the over for like two or three minutes, just enough to warm them a bit and then set them out."

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile was surprised to see Mackenzie and William part ways with the ladder headed his and Chase's direction. He accepted the sealed envelope, momentarily confused by the context. He soon nodded, taken the parcel and tucking it into his back pocket, lest he lose track of it. He had already had a conversation with Trent's wife - a poor substitute for being in person as it should have been, but he knew he would be making that visit the second he returned to Borseti. He let Chase speak, knowing well enough that the younger wolf could speak for them both and he didn't have worry, not to mention - given his lack of English speaking skills, it was easier to let Chase speak. He idly watched Mackenzie leave sight, taking a quick second to check on Brody location - no need for a second distressful event for the evening. He was surprised to hear Chase invite Will and Mackenzie to remain for the evenings events, he would have thought that they would want to leave after what had already taken place.
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

Last edited:
elijah-4-jpg.473668

Elijah waved Thor's apology away. "It's fine," he said, sighing lightly. "It's my own fault, I should have told her everything a long time ago." He waited patiently as the deity glanced at his phone (an image that might have been so incongruous as to be humorous under other circumstances) before the screen was turned towards him. It took Eli a few moments to make sense of the information he was being shown -- both in text and image form. The latter was particularly gruesome, causing the hunter to purse his lips at the display of brutality.

Elijah frowned, on the verge of questioning what Thor meant by the sense of familiarity. The attack did not coincide with any specific supernatural creature he was aware of, and yet... there was something strangely familiar about the nature of the crime. He looked up at Thor, cocking his head. "My family never seriously considered he was anything other than a deranged human. You think there's a connection, after all these years?"

adelaide-main-jpg.473669

Adelaide eyed Ashley-May curiously as the woman sidestepped any conversation about Elijah's secret before it could begin to focus on dessert. She didn't push the issue, grabbing the tray and doing as she was instructed until Ash finished. Addy looked at her, pressing a hand to her chest with a faux gasp. "Ashley-May, you should be ashamed!" she teased. "It's like I don't even know who you are anymore..." she remarked wistfully, lightly bumping her hip against her friend's as they laid out the cookies before setting them in the oven.

william-2-jpg.473674

William nodded his thanks to Chase and Emile as they took the letter, preparing to turn and leave when the former spoke up again. Will paused, surprised at the invitation that followed. A glance at Emile confirmed that the Alpha didn't seem intent on protesting their presence; if anything, he looked just as surprised as Will. Will smiled before nodding, "I appreciate the invitation. Let me talk to Mac. I can't make any promises, but... she might come around, for Missy's sake."

With a parting nod, he turned and made his way over to the Beast where Mac waited with Bart. "Hey," he said, stepping up to the side of the car. "Chase has invited us to Missy's initiation." Out of the corner of his eye he saw Bart raise an eyebrow, clearly watching the conversation with interest. "It'll be a sort of celebration to welcome her into... or back, I guess, to the Pack. They want us to be there, if you're willing." He took Mac's hand in his own, running his thumb along her knuckles lightly. "It's up to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back