• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
travisbello.jpg

Listening to Morgan question Elijah and Ashley's relationship had Chase smiling, "Yeah well they don't like each other but it doesn't mean they wouldn't protect each other." Afterwards when she mentioned Mackenzie it was clear the girl listened to the stories told of the hunter which amused him more than it should have but instead of poking fun at her about the Ginger Boogeyman he chose the truthful option. "Might not need him but it wouldn't hurt to have him around. She'll be a problem but one way or another we'll make sure she isn't a big one alright?"

Chase eyed Will's unconscious form as they closed in on the man and the Vampire keeping an eye on him. A clear frown on his face and he might have started running his mouth to get answers if not for the fact that the dead one started to give an explanation before he did. The man let out a huff as he rubbed a hand over his forehead, at least it seemed like Will wasn't in distress, that was the main thing that kept Chase settled. To hear that Will didn't go quietly however was no surprise so he should have expected this. When Leech held out her hand in greeting there was a momentary hesitation on Chase's part before he grabbed it for a simple shake, "Chase." He understood that they were meant to be allies, and that he shouldn't be an ass. But befriending Wolves was already a big process, moving onto a nest of Vampires was a different story and experience. "This is Morgan, my tag-along." He nodded his head sideways towards his partner knowing she wouldn't enjoy being essentially called a sidekick. Then Chase crouched down closer to the man on the ground.

"You really couldn't handle him without knocking him out?" It was practically a scolding, though he knew Will was a hunter with enough skill to make that a rather difficult notion to begin with even with the enhanced strength. By the looks of him Will was ready for an all out fight with the Werewolves with what he was wearing, even if he'd been relieved of all the weapons he had on him. Considering the tussle with Leech he suspected it would be harder to convince Will of anything than if he hadn't been rendered unconscious. A part of him was tempted to cut the restraints on William's wrists, but he wanted to see how the hunter was going to act when he eventually woke before he did that. "How long does the stuff Clay gave her last for?" He asked curiously, peering up from the man to the Vampire who was still standing.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

William Main.jpg
The first thing William became aware of was an intense pain throughout his skull, a throbbing pressure. The second were voices, one more familiar than the rest. "How long does the stuff Clay gave her last for?"

Chase. He was here, with the Pack. He had mentioned Clay and "her", who could only be one person. While Leech had attacked him, Clay had no doubt neutralized Mackenzie -- using her history with him against her. His jaw clenched as his eyes snapped open. Will tried to sit up, to get his arms beneath him, but failed. His shoulders ached and burned and he realized suddenly that his wrists were bound tightly. Struggling uselessly against the bonds, he instead managed to get his knees beneath him and shift into a kneeling position. His eyes went between Leech and Morgan before finally falling on Chase with a cold glare.

Will's bound hands tightened into fists as he stared at his "friend" -- his first time seeing him since Joe's funeral. "So you made your choice," he muttered.

Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide stepped out of the Clinic, striding purposefully toward the walls where Will had been stationed. There was no point in hiding or fleeing; Franklin already knew she was out and she didn't seem to be high on his list of priorities. She was useless back at the Clinic, sitting outside Mac's room wringing her hands. She needed to check on Will... and tell him what had happened. She knew that he might be injured based on the efficient but forceful disarmament of the hunters guarding the Rec Center, but she needed to know one way or another... and so did he.

Addy fished her phone from her pocket, practically having forgotten about the device once the attack began. She was surprised to see a text from -- of all people -- Morgan: Don't resist, don't fight them, it will be okay. Adelaide stopped in her tracks, staring at the text on the screen silently for several moments. Tears stung at her eyes as confusion and then anger boiled up inside her. The psychic's hand clenched so hard around the phone she thought the screen might shatter. It was obvious, of course, in hindsight -- naturally Morgan knew about the vampires. They had been played from the start. She had been played from the start, so enthralled with the young wolf's companionship that she had resisted the temptation of digging inside her mind.

And now Mackenzie was fighting for her life.

Adelaide angrily stuffed the phone back into her pocket, wiping away the tears on her cheeks before continuing her march toward the wall. She managed to avoid the notice of any roving vampires, most of whom she saw in the distance heading toward the Rec Center. Turning the corner and arriving at Will's watch station, her heart skipped a beat. William was on his knees, hands bound behind his back. He was surrounded by three others: Chase, the vampire they called "Leech"... and Morgan.

Addy didn't hesitate, striding toward them. "Will!" she called out.

The man's eyes immediately widened and turned toward the sound of her voice. "Addy! Are you okay?"

Adelaide nodded, "You?"

Will returned the gesture. "For now," he remarked.

Last edited:
Solomon shrugged at Emile's request, " I'm afraid you're going to need to be a bit more specific Ze'ev. Talk to other gods or people? If it's gods sure I can send him out to the others that will listen. " Solomon offered as he was beginning to wish he could just speak to the man in his native tongue, but that would only cause more confusion. Solomon didn't say anything to the vampire, but kept a hand on his knife while they were tucked behind his back.
NanLia NanLia

JIZmpao.jpg

Leech gave Chase a rather unsympathetic shrug as the wolf suggested that she could have handled the big hunter better. "Listen, I was told to 'subdue' until you arrived to handle him, no where did anyone mention not putting him in a time out. Besides, I could have cuffed him and left him laying on the ground screaming at the top of his lungs but you and both know our bosses wanted this handled as quickly and as quietly as possible." She glanced to the female wolf, though other wise didn't bother to introduce herself, so far as she was concerned she was off of baby sitting duty. She glanced behind her as Will started to rise to his feet, slowly recovering from their 'brawl'. "Easy big guy." She cautioned but turned back to finish answering Chase. "Clay gave Skye a sedative, she shouldn't be out for more than an hour, which honestly I think we should have packed along for the rest of the hunters, not just her. Might have made his easier all around."

zlawuat.jpg

Morgan watched the interaction between vampire and Chase, very aware of Will coming to his sense. It was not hard to see the deliberate anger directed as Chase -and by party, herself in regards to what was happening. She was suddenly very happy to know that they were coming to see Will first; if this was how he was going to react she couldn't imagine what dealing with Mackenzie was going to be like. She kept her mouth shut, not wanting to interfere with what was happening, and the vampire made it clear she wasn't important to what was happening.

Adelaide's scent arrived before the woman herself, the telltale signature that could only be one person to Morgan. She smiled despite herself, witch-hazel and jasmine she turned to face the direction Addy was coming from. From the distance between them she could see the ire on her friends face, and Morgan felt suddenly cold within. Her smile quickly faded as Addy looked over the three of them before addressing Will only. She chewed her lip, trying to keep herself quiet, but she felt heartsick knowing she hadn't told her friend what to expect and emotions won out. "Addy, I'm sorry." She said quietly, addressing the woman but didn't make a move to get any closer, she could almost feel the anger seething out of her. "I really wanted to tell you, I did, but I... I couldn't betray my pack, my people." She paused giving Chase a wary glance before speaking again. "I sent you a message, before it all started, I hoped it would help."
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

DCNSJgT.jpg
mvQIQww.jpg

Emile frowned as Solomon attempted to gain some insight as to what the Alpha was speaking of. Of course his language caused a barrier between understanding - this is what he had feared coming to the colony where the vast majority didn't speak the same language as him. With an exasperated sigh he shook his head and turned to Franklin, his only choice for the moment, to explain.

"He wants to know if Pan will speak for the gods and what they are doing, to the colony itself." Franklin interjected, "We had hoped that the Packs god could give the Oracle here a vision of the prophecy so she could recount the truth of it all to the people, but .. .Well she won't be able to do as we planned any longer. If Pan could speak to them it would help our efforts to get the colony in line with the rest of us and we could work together to try and put and end to this." Franklin glanced to Emile, not missing the Alpha's annoyed look. "I need to change before we're addressing any humans, I can't show up like this." He stated, referring to Mackenzie's now drying blood on his suit. He turned and started heading towards the Nest to change and check on Clay's recovery progress.
St. Boethius St. Boethius

travisbello.jpg

The Vampire's talks of their bosses and wishing they'd just tranquilized the colony as a whole had him shaking his head in clear dislike. The mans attention focusing back on Will the moment the man started to move. Chase met the other mans stare on the same eye level without wavering. "I made my intentions pretty clear last time. Speaking of choices, I recall a time when you didn't give me one." Chase spoke in a calm tone, he wasn't looking to be an ass or argue since his intent was to get Will's help in the end. He'd been referring to when Will and Mac had confronted him, held him at gunpoint, then blackmailed him to infiltrate the pack. Of course it hadn't lasted long before the soldier had grown a conscience and gave Chase an out.

Then came the shout from behind and he stood back up, looking back to see Adelaide heading their direction looking both worried and none too happy. At her worry Chase took a step back so she could get a full visual of Will from her position to confirm he was okay. Though the bound hunters final comment made him sigh, however the surprise he heard from Morgan's lips took priority. Turning around to her with a furrowed brow, "You've got to be kidding me. You gave a warning? That put all of us at risk, especially her." Chase pointed at Adelaide, clearly unhappy about it. He himself had to keep his mouth closed as well because he understood what was at risk. What threw him off was the fact that she had done this with a woman she met one time.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

upload_2017-10-24_22-37-19.jpeg
William heard Chase's unfazed reply -- entirely true, though it did nothing to assuage the anger or betrayal he felt right now. But he couldn't bring himself to focus on it, his mind reeling as Leech mentioned the sedative for Skye. He was speaking before he had control over himself, "She was your friend, you bloodsucking bitch."

Adelaide turned to fix Morgan with a glare as she spoke, the wolf's apology doing nothing to douse the fire behind her eyes. "I got your 'message', Morgan. 'Don't resist, don't fight them'. Why?" She gestured toward Will. "So your friends could tie me up and beat me like an animal? Or to nearly get me killed like M--" she stopped herself short, but it was too late. Will had already turned to stare at her, eyes wide with worry.

Noella.

The word rang through the psychic's mind, Will's code for them to speak to one another telepathically. It was a relatively cumbersome affair, not so much a conversation -- Adelaide reading the hunter's surface thoughts and then essentially forcing her own into his mind. But, it worked and kept prying ears from listening in. Addy gave no indication that anything was amiss, continuing to glare toward Morgan as the exchange played out.

Did you see Mac?

Yes. She's hurt, bad. At the Clinic now.

She could feel the pain radiating from Will's core like a tidal wave, the sheer force of it forcing her heart to drop into her stomach as Hendrix managed to keep his face from contorting into a mask of panic. Adelaide "spoke" again. I'll buy you time. Get ready to run. It was not a choice she took lightly -- but she knew that William wouldn't rest until he was at Mackenzie's side and saw her with his own two eyes. Then, perhaps he could calm down enough to speak rationally. With most of the vampires and Pack members at the Rec Center, it was safe... more or less.

Needing all of her focus, Adelaide finally turned to look at Will, who surreptitiously tilted his core slightly to expose the zip-ties around his wrists to the witch's view. Addy stared intently at the diminutive yet tough plastic bands, her fist clenching at her side as she channeled her gift.

The bonds snapped. Will moved.

upload_2017-10-24_22-37-12.jpeg
Grabbing hold of Leech's nearest ankle with his newly-freed hands, William yanked it backwards and out from under her before standing up and dashing toward the Clinic. He didn't turn to look behind him at Addy or the others. He had no idea if either of the two wolves would pursue him, but he could only hope that Leech's sudden fatigue he had picked up on lasted. In the end, it didn't matter. None of it mattered -- nothing except getting to the Clinic, to his fiancee. Even in the rather unconventional format of mind-speak, Addy's voice had seemed... pained, giving him the news.

The boots pounded against the street as Will sprinted, heart thumping in his chest. He wasn't far from the Clinic when two figures rounded the side of a building in front of him. One was a hunter, middle-aged, clearly anxious. Clearly a straggler, the man was being led by what William could only assume was a member of the Pack -- he didn't recognize him as one of the Nest. The wolf turned to glare at Will, vaguely lupine eyes assessing him as William didn't slow his pace.

Will was committed now -- he attempted to use the suddenness of the encounter to his advantage by dashing past the wolf, but to no avail. He felt a strong grip on his shoulder, spinning him around forcefully. His free arm came up in a wild left hook that connected squarely with the wolf's jaw, who growled in pain before snatching up Will's collar and dragging him to the ground. He fell atop Will, attempting to seize the hunter's hands as Will bucked wildly from a guard position, attempting to dislodge his assailant.

Clearly losing his patience, the wolf braced his forearm against Will's throat and applied pressure, trying to choke him into submission. Will had no intention of letting that happen twice in the same day. One hand feebly tried to press the offending arm away, while the other desperately went to his pant leg, pulling it up and drawing the silver-plated dagger hidden there -- the only weapon Leech had missed in her pat-down. He didn't hesitate.

The blade came up and in, parting the air effortlessly before meeting the sudden resistance of flesh and muscle. With a little bit more force, that too gave way as the narrow blade slid between the ribs and toward the wolf's heart. The man tossed his head back in a scream of pain that suddenly shifted into a very lupine howl, his hand snatching hold of Will's wrist and forcing it away before the tip of the blade could fully reach his heart. William heard the sound of shifting bones and skin, saw a flash of yellow in his opponent's eyes. He was trying to shift despite the blade still in him, Will brought his other hand up, attempting to use the extra leverage to drive the blade home.

The wolf saw the movement and its half-human, half-canine head snapped downward, jaws open. Will felt a flash of pain in his left arm but ignored it, pressing against the hilt. He drove it in to the hilt, twisting it for good measure. The wolf let out one final, howl before tumbling off to the side. William stood up, catching his breath before reclaiming the blade -- the civilian had apparently run during the scuffle -- and jogging the rest of the way to the Clinic. He paused at the door, tucking the blade back into its sheath before looking down at his left arm.

Blood ran from several concentric puncture marks, unmistakable to the trained eye. Will closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as his thoughts settled -- rage, fear, confusion, denial -- they all whirled through his mind before finally being replaced by a grim acceptance. He rolled the shirt sleeve down to cover the bite, stepping into the Clinic.

Leech rolled her eyes at William's scathing remark about being Skye's friend, she didn't comment -there wasn't a point so far as she was concerned- if he knew Skye half as well as he thought he did he would know there was a very real need to keep the woman under sedation when it came to the pack. She had witness the utter panic and terror that the pack managed to rise out of the small hunters, and been at the receiving end of some those panic attacks, to know she didn't want to see another. She watched the male wolf scold his companion, bemused by the scene, she was more than a little distracted that when she felt the hunters hands at her ankles and tugging them out from beneath her, she didn't have time to react. She went down hard, something lulling her sense enough that she didn't even place her hands out to prevent herself from hitting the ground. Instead her head bounced off the concrete and she watched in dazed confusion as the hunter that had just been bound running away from her.

Morgan winced as Chase caught on to what she had said. She had little doubt the man wouldn't know exactly what she had meant by it, but she needed to make things right by Addy. She watched her friend's face contort into stern concentration and second before Will was free she knew what Addy was about. She watched the scene unfold, in all honesty she may have been able to prevent it, distract Addy long enough to stop her from letting Will free, but she didn't. After all he was still inside the colony, the remainder of the hunters and civilians were already being lead to the Rec center. What Morgan hadn't expected was what Will was going to do with his freedom. She had thought that he would rise and take on Chase but instead he took out the vampire and turned tail to run.

She took a few hesitant steps after him but paused, turning back to face Addy, then Chase. "Go get him, I'll stay here with her."
Crono Crono

Nurse 'Ratchet' was first on the scene as she heard the electronic bell chime indicating someone had come through the front door, she stepped out of the back, hoping it wasn't another injured or dead hunter when she caught sight of William. "Councilmen Hendrix." She was not in the least surprised to see him coming into the Clinic, not after the state Mackenzie had been delivered by the vampire. She hesitated briefly before pushing the door to the back room open and holding it. "She's in here." Typically they wouldn't let anyone but family in to see the hunter in such a state, and even then it would be hard to allow within the first few hours after surgery, but none of the nurse's had missed the silver engagement ring on her finger, and there wasn't a person in the colony that wouldn't know who had given it to her.

As the man approached spoke again. "That vampire leader managed to get her here in enough time," She knew the man was medically trained -he'd been responsible for assisting in training some of the civilians over the last few weeks. She lead him down the short hall to the small room Mackenzie occupied, she paused at the closed doorway, keeping herself between him and entry. "She's breathing on her own, which is a good sign. She's been stabbed twice with the same weapon, we managed to stop the bleeding during surgery, before you ask, the hunter that attacked her. Mr. Evert, was turned in by Franklin as well. He is in the morgue." Ruth stepped aside to let the man enter.
Safton Safton

travisbello.jpg

"Beat you?" Chase questioned in clear doubt. What happened next went rather quickly, he'd turned his back to focus on Adelaide and Morgan and let his guard down enough that Will's sudden escape went unhindered. Chase turned back to look hesitantly at the dazed Vampire as Morgan spoke of staying, his eyes flicked to Adelaide with a clearly frustrated face. "You might think you're helping but you aren't." He told her angrily, hesitant to take off after Will without knowing if she was going to try and stop him. But Morgan claimed to have this handled, and even though the two weren't supposed to split up he knew Will couldn't be allowed to run around freely. Especially if he got to Mackenzie, if the two managed to retreat they'd be a problem. Not to mention anyone holding her hostage would be at risk considering Will's current mood.

So Chase started moving, running quickly in the direction Will had. At this point they were mostly just a frustrating annoyance, until he heard the Wolf howling in the general direction Will had gone. The howl was clear and full of pain, one that told Chase someone was fighting for their life. The man pushed faster, and upon rounding a corner he found the body of a pack member lying in a pool of blood. Chase's pace slowed as his heart sank, "Jesus Will..." Chase muttered softly in disbelief, moving closer to the body in hopes of finding life where there was none. It was obvious others would hear, would know something happened. He merely hoped this wouldn't spark the pack or hunters into action. It was clear that Will didn't believe him or the packs intentions in the least if he was willing to go so far. With an angry growl Chase continued on, knowing full well that Will had to be stopped and that it seemed as though he was heading towards the clinic. Neither Vampires nor Werewolves should be there, meaning he'd be on his own if the staff turned on him at Will's words.

He'd tracked Will's scent to the Clinic, he could smell the man hadn't gotten away without an injury of his own though how bad was hard to tell. Chase paused at the front doors, panting to catch his breath before stepping inside and glancing around. No Will in sight meaning he was somewhere in the back.​
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Solomon have an expression of understanding as well as a nod the the vampire leader, " I can certainly ask Pan to speak to the Colony itself, but the message may not be well received as they would know that I've bent the god to my will. From there it wouldn't be hard to argue that I'm just making him say these things and I'm a traitor to the Colony." As Solomon explained the perspective a root protruded out of the ground and tapped Solomon on the ankle. This lead to the sorcerer pulling his knife and holding the now glowing sigil that was melted into it in front of his face.
Apparently Pan hadn't been idle after Solomon recalled him and had been spreading his roots all throughout the Colony to gather information. " We may have a small issue. Hypnos, the god who has been actively protecting this Colony released some sort of gas, invisible to all but divine beings. Pan doesn't know what it does, but he's warned me that it's spreading through the Colony. About a fourth of it is within its embrace and it's steadily approaching us." Solomon reported before looking between the two supernatural leaders quizzically, wondering what they would do with the information.

Deimos had stayed with Mackenzie and didn't care challenge the angel as it approached Mackenzie in surgery. He couldn't do much against an Angel anyway, not an ounce of fear in them, he was just glad that it healed Mackenzie and didn't smite her. So now the demigod lay beside her bed watching over her body. He perked up when he smelled the familiar scent of fear and blood. It was a human so Deimos wouldn't act, but he was grateful for the snack nonetheless.
Safton Safton

William Main.jpg
William nodded his thanks to Nurse Ruth, stepping inside the room slowly, almost hesitantly in stark contrast to the rush he'd been in to get to this point. He had absorbed the information Ruth had passed onto him about Mackenzie's status as clinically as he could under the circumstances, but the medic in him found itself quickly overwhelmed by the panicked boyfriend. Will approached Mac's bed -- she was sleeping serenely, almost peaceful... if not for the intravenous lines and life support machines surrounding either side of the bed.

Will pulled a seat from the nearby wall to the bedside and sat down. He took Mac's hand in his own, hoping against all odds that he would feel a squeeze in return. None came, Will biting his lip as he stared at his fiance, his fingers running over the engagement ring he had given her only hours ago. Ruth had said she'd been attacked by a hunter of all things -- not a vampire or one of the Pack. If that was true... Will couldn't wrap his mind around it right now. It wasn't important -- what was important was right in front of him.

He wanted to talk to her more than anything, to explain himself. But he knew she wouldn't be waking anytime soon. Will didn't want his words spent futilely. Searching the small end table alongside the bed, he managed to find a large notepad and pen. the simple act of tearing his eyes away from Mackenzie to write what he needed to pained him, but he pushed through. He had assumed it would be difficult to put his thoughts down, but to his surprise they flowed out of him in a tide once he started.

As final goodbyes went, things could have gone worse. Chest tightening, he folded the note into quarters and set it on the table alongside Mackenzie's bed, signing her name on the outside before once again taking up her hand, content to wait as long as he could while the world raged on outside.
Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide tilted her head at Chase as he remarked on her decision to free Will, glaring at the man remorselessly before presenting her middle finger to him defiantly. She had thought to try and stop him as he took off after Will, but decided against it. In truth, she couldn't have even if she tried. Even without his lupine blood, he would have been fast and strong enough to push her aside with ease. And she had taxed her gift considerably over the last several hours, following the call of the Oracle and her mental exertions since then.

Addy turned to face Morgan, crossing her arms. "I'm not sure who I'm more pissed off at: you for manipulating me, or myself for letting it happen. I hope you and your Pack enjoy Vitae, Morgan." She held her arms out in an all-encompassing gesture, her tone caustic. "It's yours now. Never mind what you had to do to get here."

BRUpige.jpg
mvQIQww.jpg

Emile frowned at Solomon, first at his response to helping them, clearly the man with the power to bend the will of a god, didn't yield much respect in the colony. The man soon continued on to inform them of yet another issue with their well planned evening. He opened then closed his mouth, both at a loss of words to what to say to either statement, nor having the ability to convey just how annoyed and exasperated he already was.

Thankfully Franklin stepped in. "If they won't listen to another member of their own colony, then there is little hope any of them will survive, but that aside...." He glanced tot he sprout assuming it was the god Solomon was referencing too. He looked back to the man and continued. "Can your god do anything to prevent it from overwhelming any more of the colony? Or perhaps contact with other god and set things straight?"

zlawuat.jpg

Morgan's eyebrows raised as she watched Adelaide flip off Chase as he left them. She was quite shocked the mild tempered woman would ever do such a thing, more so that Morgan was there to witness it. She soon turned her wrath back on the wolf perfectly demonstrating exactly why they had acted as they had - stereotypes were not just used on other humans. She waited, quietly, letting Addy get out everything she needed before she bothered to open her mouth to speak. She had no intention of denying what had happened, nor try and dissuade the information that Addy already had and was using to make her decisions. She placed her hands behind her back, holding them there as spoke, as calmly as she could -the last thing she wanted was Addy to think she was angry in any way.

"I never manipulated you, Laidey." She said quietly. "I never asked you for information, never came to the colony to spy or get intelligence on the people. I came here with my friend because his father passed away and he needed someone with him. Not just as a friend but as another like himself. He was suffering and we were worried that the hunter would have an alley inside the walls that would take a shot at Chase while he was here." She was deeply saddened with how much Addy was upset with her, and she did her best to mute her emotions -she knew Addy could read them regardless, but she continued. "I met you then and I knew you were amazing, not for any other reason besides just how kind you were. I wanted to talk to you more, wanted to learn from you, know what people -humans, do and you showed me some of that. I really loved our time together. I never told anyone in the pack, kept it to myself because that's all it was: me." She bit her lip, holding back tears. "The Pack does want the colony, but not the way you think. I know you think we're repeating what happened at Borseti, with the other colony, but that's not it. Something is rising, Laidey, darker than anything we've seen in the past and we know, our god told us, that if we do not work together: humans, vampires, kitsun, wolves, we'll all die. I know you don't trust me, don't believe me, but we're not here to hurt anyone, so I'm asking you. Go through my thoughts, my mind, and if you see any hint that I am lying I'll let you walk into that Rec center and tell everyone, the whole colony, what we're about. I'll escort you there myself, I promise."

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie felt like she had spent a lifetime laying on the cot staring up at the grey concrete ceiling. She had been here before, trapped in a cell and left on her own. It had been days that Franklin and the Nest had left her isolated, only arriving to deliver food when they felt it necessary she eat or die. She hadn't said a word to them when they came and went; waited her time until she knew she could strike and hard. She did the same now, eventually someone would come to see her, make the mistake of thinking she wasn't strong enough to survive. They would open the cage's door and free her, and bring death onto their own.

An odd sensation interrupted her thoughts, she frowned as she looked down to her hand, the one baring the silver and iron engagement ring. It felt warm, and soothing and peaceful sensation drawing through her. It disappeared for a short time before returning, she played her thumb against the metal surrounding her finger finding the object also warmed by whatever was affecting her. She knew she should be worried, concerned with it but instead she found it ... comforting.

Safton Safton

travisbello.jpg

Chase was admittedly anxious as he started walking further into the lobby. The Clinic was meant to be left alone and for good reason, but if Will was here and he was sounding the alarm then things could get out of hand. The mans scent was difficult to track inside the building considering the sheer amount and strength of cleaning chemicals that hung in the air. But considering the sheer lack of bodies or alarmed persons in the front he took to the back, slipping through the door and down the hallway. His steps went slow as he focused on his sense of smell, pausing by each of the doors until he came up to one that stood open. Inside was Will doing something by a patients bed but Chase was already moving towards the man with a force behind him and didn't take notice of the bigger picture.

"You son of a bitch!" Chase spat angrily just before he gripped at the mans shirt and kept moving forwards, hauling the hunter from the chair. Malcolm's journal falling to the floor with the man needing both hands. They didn't stop until Will's back met the wall, and Chase wasn't trying to injure him but he wasn't exactly being gentle in the least. There was nearly no resistance from the man but that wasn't going to stop Chase. "You killed that wolf for no reason at all!" Chase growled, keeping the man pinned against the wall. "They're under orders not to use lethal force meaning it wasn't even a fair fight!" Chase's voice was filled with emotion, anger and pain for the pack members death, hurt because Will had zero trust in him at all. "You drew first blood when there was no blood to be shed." His voice lessened now, eyes drifting towards the bed next to them after catching the shade of red out of his peripheral's.

The sight of Mackenzie lying there hooked up to machines causing his grip to loosen, then his gaze turned back on Will with less rage and some sympathy. "And the only damn reason you don't have two broken arms is because I understand this on some level." He'd nodded his head back towards the bed, still unaware of what had happened or her condition. With that he released the man slowly and warily took a step back, "What happened?" He asked calmer now, glancing towards the bed once more. It was clear as day she wasn't in great condition, but more than that Chase was worried that this was done by a Vampire or worse a Werewolf. Mostly he worried that this was the plan to take out the Oracle all along, and that Emile might have known. His faith in the Alpha he'd taken up with faltered momentarily at the thought.​
Safton Safton

upload_2017-10-26_23-44-31.jpeg
William didn't take his eyes from Mackenzie as he heard the door open behind him, despite the quick footfalls that followed. His first start of surprise was when powerful hands wrapped around the collar of his shirt, hauling him from the chair. He wasn't surprised in the least to catch a glimpse of Chase's face, etched with a pained rage he hadn't seen since telling the man about his father weeks ago. Will didn't resist, hands remaining slack by his side -- the silver dagger in its sheath forgotten. Even as his back slammed into the wall behind him with enough force to nearly knock the air from his lungs, he had no interest in fighting back.

Part of Will felt a pang of regret as Chase confirmed his suspicions -- the wolf hadn't been interested in killing him, even if he hadn't realized that at the time. In truth, he wasn't sure if that knowledge would have stopped him considering what was on the line. The guilt of the realization intermingled with the grief he already felt, to the point that it took him a moment to respond to Chase's query. He looked at the bed wearily, watching Mac's chest rise and fall faintly. "She was attacked. Stabbed, twice, by a hunter: Riley Everts. He and Mac had a... run-in, years ago when she was still under Franklin's thumb. I guess he held a grudge ever since. I don't think anyone knew he was here at Vitae."

William sighed. "I know anything I can say now won't make a difference. We both fucked up as far as I'm concerned -- and no, I still don't trust you or your Pack. But I wouldn't have killed that wolf outside if I had thought there was any--" his voice trailed off as he took a deep breath. "Addy told me about Mac, that she was hurt. The last I had seen her, she was leaving, alone, with Clay. I knew the Pack would see her as a priority because she's an Oracle and after I realized the Nest was never with us to begin with..." he shook his head. "I assumed the worst." He turned to look back at Chase, his tone impassive. "You want to break my arms, or drag me to your Alpha so he can get his pound of flesh, you go right ahead. It won't matter soon enough anyway. I just need to take care of a few things first."

Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide never dropped her eyes from Morgan's as the young wolf spoke. Slowly, as she took in her words, her hate-filled scowl softened ever so slightly -- like cracks in a stone wall. Her mind reeled, awash with confusion, doubt, pain, and residual anger. All of it intermingled with the contrition she felt from the woman she had considered her friend. The psychic hesitated at Morgan's offer -- the offer to do exactly what she had prevented herself from doing during every outing they had spent together, fearing some violation of trust. Some part of Addy knew that was what hurt the most: the possibility that her own willingness to trust had caused her to miss out on information that would have kept Mac safe, kept Vitae secure. She would never be able to truly forgive Morgan until she could forgive herself.

It was Morgan's final promise that changed everything. She had told Adelaide once that a wolf's word was their bond -- beyond anything else, they kept their promises. Slowly, Addy took a breath before stepping forward, raising a shaky hand to the side of Morgan's forehead, her fingers pressing lightly against the younger woman's temple as she shut her eyes. It took a moment for her to form the connection after her previous exertions, but the process was aided by the physical contact. True to her word, Morgan had opened her mind fully to Addy's gentle probing. Adelaide scoured her memories, some recent and some less so, looking for any sign of deception: that Mackenzie was to be killed, that Vitae and its Colonists were in true danger. She found none. Instead, Addy found only what Morgan had insisted. The First Sin was rising, and the Pack wanted a united front to face it -- they were not here as conquerors, but liberators.

But above all, Morgan had kept the two of them a secret. Their time together had been real, not an act to gain the witch's confidence or some attempt at espionage. Adelaide's eyes opened and she was surprised to find tears rolling down her cheeks as she slowly drew her hand back, pausing to tuck a stray lock of Morgan's hair behind her ear. "Je suis désolé, mon loup," Adelaide murmured. "I-- I need to get to the Clinic." She turned to begin jogging toward the way Chase and Will had gone, stopping to turn back to Morgan, holding out her hand with a look of hope.

Solomon shook his head after looking at his knife expectantly, " No he can't stop the mist. Hypnos is more powerful than Pan for one. " Solomon glanced at his knife as he received more information, " And it seems Hypnos had left the Colony probably for his home, and while he certainly does have the capability to enter Erebos and speak with him... but that would require going through the Underworld. Trust me when I say that's not a trip to be taken lightly." Solomon said as if quoting that last part. Solomon looked between the knife and the people waiting on him.
"The gas isn't anything to really worry about ... Apparently it just dulls the senses, makes one lethargic and slow the senses. I'd wager that's all the power he could spare considering he probably has a role in keeping the First Sin under wraps." Solomon nodded to his dagger and placed it back in its sheath. And looked to the others with a there you have it expression.

Deimos growled lowly as the werewolf entered and had to hold himself back from pouncing on the werewolf when he attacked the human. When the two separated the demigod let out an audible growl at the both of them, but mostly directed at the werewolf.
Crono Crono Safton Safton

travisbello.jpg

Chase felt like an ass for feeling relieved at hearing that another hunter had done this. He looked at Mackenzie lying in the bed, and for a moment it was like seeing Joe. Both attacked for simply choosing to live alongside something not human. "It's funny how recently hunters seem to be taking more innocent lives than the creatures." It was a blow aimed at Will, that was for sure, the dead pack member wouldn't just blow over with Chase but he knew now wasn't the time. He listened as the man spoke of not trusting him or the pack, along with the fact that he might not have killed the Werewolf if he'd known. Chase simply shook his head, "Never trust a wolf, sure, I get it." He was being sarcastic but quickly turned to a more stern tone, "You only trust me when it's convenient for you. When I'm risking my life infiltrating a pack for the colony, but then the moment I ask for a little in return there's none to be had." He snorted his distaste for it.

A growl surfaced from somewhere in the room, Chase quickly realized this was the same creature from the woods two weeks ago, the man himself turning his head towards the direction it had come from while growling low himself. Mackenzie had never explained anything about it during that short conversation, but if he had to guess it was staying by her side. Question was if Will decided to fight back would it fight with him, and outnumber Chase. His growling ceased when he turned his attention back to Will, the hunters last words only seeking to annoy him. "I didn't take you for a damned coward Hendrix."

"Shutting down and giving up?" Chase pointed towards the woman on the bed, "She'd kick your sorry ass if she heard you right now, and I have half a mind to. You aren't going to be beaten or killed for what you did. Every single member of the pack knew the risks of coming here." To be fair it was hard to say how Emile and the pack would react to the death, but they didn't come here expecting a perfect outcome. Chase just hated that the Wolf had to die, and that he died under his watch. "She's still alive, and I still need help making sure nothing else goes wrong today. That nobody else dies."
Safton Safton

BRUpige.jpg
mvQIQww.jpg

Both men nodded as Solomon depicted the mist to not truly have too much of an affect on the populace. Franklin cleared his throat. "Well then, I need to get changed, I will meet you both at the rec center." He didn't wait for either of the two within his company to respond, turning on heal and heading towards the barracks that were assigned to the Nest. Emile turned to regard Solomon before he nodded the direction of the rec center. "We go, most of the hunter should be there now. We need to speak to everyone." He turned and started making his way towards the center of the colony where the humans were being brought for the time being.

zlawuat.jpg

Morgan waited nervously as she watched Addy approach, touch at her head. She didn't know what to expect, or feel, during this process, her eyes watching Addy's face as she was clearly experiencing something. At the first sight of the tears flowing from her friends eyes Morgan thought she had failed in her vow, that some where along the way the pack had intention of doing harm and she hadn't been fully aware, following her uncles orders. But then Addy opened her eyes and spoke, in French no less, and all fear and doubt within Morgan vanished. She smiled and shook her head, Addy didn't need to apologize - the stigma's were real; if this were any other pack, and other nest, they would have torn though the colony months ago.

She blinked as Addy turned to head back towards the clinic, surprised she would be going after her friend. Instead she paused. Morgan glanced to the recovering Leech, the woman looked pale -though she was a vampire, but seated and simply... staring. Morgan turned back to Addy and quickly caught up, taking the other woman's hand and running with her the direction Will had gone and Chase soon after.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-10-28_1-22-6.jpeg
Chase's less than subtle jab at his murder of the "innocent" wolf wasn't lost on Will, but he ignored it. The man's next remark about Will's lack of trust for Chase and his "cowardice" was not so easily shaken off, however. "You have a selective memory, don't you? Yeah, I screwed up and assumed the worst after I found out about you. But I gave you a choice. I even told you I'd go to bat for you and Joe against the Council if your secret ever got out and you know what? I meant it. Every word of it. You think that was just my version of a pep talk? Besides, by the looks of things that mission has turned out well for you -- you and your friends have a new Colony, all to yourselves."

Will scoffed. "My lack of trust for you and the Pack doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with the fact that your Pack didn't do a damn thing to convince these people that they were anything but a Colony under siege these last few weeks. You seem to forget that the night I showed up here, I had to watch Mac almost die after her and Ash were attacked by a pack of Purebloods that wiped out Alliance. Then one of the few survivors of Boresti says that the two are connected just as a new Pack sets up shop in the woods outside?"

William crossed his arms, his tone steady. "And now you lay siege to a Colony full of frightened people -- hunters, no less -- and round them up like animals 'for their own good'. What the hell did you expect, Chase? Can you blame anyone here for reading the writing on the wall?"

Hendrix sighed slowly. "Don't patronize me, Chase. You're no good at it," he said, with the vaguest hint of humor in his voice. He glanced down at Mackenzie, "If she were up... she would understand." He turned to look at the werewolf, "As much as I would enjoy telling you to go screw yourself, that I won't lift a finger to help you settle everyone down for the sake of defiance... the truth is I'm not your guy." Will reached down, rolling up the sleeve of his left arm to reveal the bite wound on his forearm, still oozing blood. "Fair fight or not, your friend back there got me good. I'm on the clock and there are things I need to take care of before..." his voice trailed off as he shook his head. "Good luck, Chase. Sincerely. I hope things work out for you in the long run." Will rolled the sleeve back down, offering Chase his hand to shake.

Crono Crono

Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide was beyond relieved at Morgan's acceptance of her apology and the fact that she was with her now, even after the hateful things the witch had said. Despite what was happening to Vitae, Addy took solace in the fact that this friendship of theirs might actually survive the night against all odds. She moved at a steady pace -- a near-jog, in fact -- toward the Clinic, with Morgan in tow. As they drew nearer, she spotted two Pack members leaning over to grimly lift a dead man -- one of their own? -- up and begin carrying him away. "Oh, no..." she whispered under her breath, feeling a spike of guilt through her heart as she turned to look at Morgan, understanding exactly what she had done in freeing Will.

travisbello.jpg

At William's mention of the mission going well for him Chase gave the man a threatening glare. "Oh yeah, it went perfect. I just lost the only family I had." He was seething afterwards and set himself to pacing back another step, unsure if he could fully stop himself from lashing out if the man took it further.

The conversation latched onto trust and Chase simply rolled his eyes, "Emile tried talking to the council. I told you that, and the council responded with nothing but a threat to wipe out the pack. With everything that happened with Borseti and Alliance and the threats and lies the council were spreading do you really think anyone who was assumed to be a Werewolf would even be listened to? If not shot on the spot?" He scoffed and shook his head, as if the group of them hadn't been hunted for being considered pack sympathizers and Joe hadn't been murdered for caring for one. "You can blame the pack for a lot of things but this plan was the best way to keep shit from hitting the fan."

"I tried to get through to you, maybe convince you to try and calm the colony instead of us. But like you told me, you couldn't let yourself believe what I was saying. I would have gladly gone to my father instead, but seeing as that wasn't an option." Chase shrugged his shoulders in clear frustration, "It's not like I had many connections with Vitae, you guys and Joe. And you were the only one in a real position to do anything."

Chase didn't turn his back to the hunter as he started pacing in the small area between where they stood and the door, avoiding the other side of the room where the unseen creature supposedly stood. All the while Will denying to help him in any form, arms crossed. Only pausing when Will started to roll up his sleeve, the man letting out a deep breath in shock at the sight before he glanced up to catch the hunters gaze. But slapping the mans hand away rather than take it, giving him a stern look. "If you survive it, and knowing you...you will. You don't have to..." His words dropped off, understanding what Will was insinuating. Hunters never want to become the monsters they hunt, and most will take their own lives before such a thing can happen.

"Nearly half the pack are hunters who were turned. You can still live your life, almost the same. I can help you, teach you how to keep the cravings in check." Despite everything he was giving the man a sympathetic look now, between Mackenzie lying in the bed and the man before him giving up there was no stopping it. "This doesn't have to be your end. It could be, but only if you let it."
Safton Safton

zlawuat.jpg

Morgan froze as they neared the other pack members, the scent of blood -both human and wolf, in the air. She looked on as two of the pack were collecting a third, clearly he was gone -dead. She winced, turning a pained look to Adelaide. She could have prevented it, she was faster than Addy and stronger than Will. If she had stopped Addy from freeing Will, or even stopped the hunter from fleeing, her pack mate might still be alive. The two paused as the started to carry their fallen brethren away, seeing Morgan standing with Addy. "Dire à l'alpha c'est ma responsabilité." She didn't stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks. The two nodded solemnly and continued on. She waited a moment before looking back to Adelaide. "We need to get to him before he can hurt anyone else."

She turned back towards the clinic -actually following the scent of the mans blood, this time leading Addy. She wasn't angry with Will; he was likely doing what he thought was necessary, but she certainly blamed herself. It was her penance to pay to the pack; Will was to be contained by herself and Chase and she had failed. Arriving at the clinic she stepped into the main entry to see several frightened nurses warily looking down the hall. Morgan could pick up the angry male voices beyond belonging to the two they were looking for.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-10-28_22-41-54.jpeg
William's eyes widened as Chase slapped his hand away. His initial thought was that the man was still too angry with him to accept the meager gesture of peace, but he was surprised to hear the words that followed. Chase had realized exactly what Will had in mind and wanted to help him, even after everything that had happened. Will raised an eyebrow. "So I can end up like your friend Andy? Worrying about hurting the people around me?" his eyes fell to the bed once again. "The people I love?"

He smiled somberly, shaking his head. "No, Chase. I'll be turned -- not a pureblood. I'll be a danger to everyone around me. My life isn't worth that possibility." Will's eyes drifted over Chase's shoulder as he saw movement in the hallway. He cocked his head at the sight of Adelaide with Morgan, both clearly distraught. But their hands were clasped together in a friendly embrace. He didn't have a moment to think about what that meant -- in a moment the two would be in here with him.

Will leaned toward Chase, his voice little more than a whisper. "You don't owe me a thing. I know that. But... please don't tell anyone, especially Addy. They won't understand." He didn't account for Ash or Elijah -- they were still out of town and he intended on keeping it that way for the time being until he understood exactly what was going on.

Crono Crono

Adelaide Main.jpg
Adelaide's eyes fell to the earth as Morgan spoke to the two Pack members. She was surprised not to feel anger radiating from the woman, but sadness -- guilt. She blamed herself for the death, not Addy and not even Will. The psychic tightened her hold on Morgan's hand reassuringly, knowing she would have to talk to her about this later.

As they entered the Clinic, it didn't take long to track the wary glances of the nurses to the source of male voices down the hall -- right where she expected. Mackenzie's recovery room in what passed for the intensive care ward of the small clinic. Not releasing her hold on Morgan's hand, Addy led the way down the corridor into the room. She gave Morgan another squeeze before releasing her hand, crossing over to the other side of the bed to gingerly place a hand on Mackenzie's forehead, closing her eyes. After a moment, she opened them again, frowning. "We need to talk," she said, glancing at William.

travisbello.jpg

Chase shook his head at the insinuation he'd end up like Andy. "That's different, she's a pure-blood and you don't even know the whole story." It wasn't his tale to tell, that she'd been forced to eat a heart. But hearing William so adamant that he'd hurt someone or turn into a bloodthirsty beast just served to annoy him. For the simple fact that he wasn't willing to try.

The man had been so focused on Will he hadn't heard the ladies coming down the hall until he noticed the other man look past him at the door and lean in to request nothing be said. "This conversation isn't over." Chase said sternly, giving the man a glare in their close proximity before breaking off to turn towards the two entering. He already had enough deaths on his conscious, this one he could prevent so he'd be damned if he was just going to let Will do himself in. Chase couldn't accept letting Will throw his life away over this, he wouldn't.

Chase attempted a half-hearted smile at the two as they entered, it seemed as though they'd worked things out considering their hands were practically attached. Despite his better judgement he did decide not to tell Adelaide about the bite, for the time being. He watched the woman place a hand on Mackenzie before saying they needed to talk. Briefly he wondered about what, the red head herself, the body along the way here, the pack? Chase could think of plenty of conversation topics, and by the look of Morgan they had indeed passed the dead pack member. It was disheartening to think of the effect it had on her, that it was someone she'd known far longer than him. Currently he was peeved at Adelaide as much as Will about the death but considering where they were and what was going on there were many other pressing matters. So he bit his tongue and kept quiet.​
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Morgan followed Addy past the nurse's and down the hall to where she knew the two men were. The reason Will had been adamant to get to the clinic hadn't been clear until she stepped into the small room they occupied. Will's -and Addy's- motives became clear the moment she spotted the small hunter laying in the hospital bed. While she knew it didn't excuse the death of her pack mate, her friend and family, at least she could now understand why they had done what they had.

"I'm sorry," She said to Will. "No one was supposed to be hurt -from the colony," They had not come here expecting none of the pack or the next injured. "What happened?" She wouldn't make any promises to offers to Will just yet, if the attacker had been from the Nest she would have to bring this to Emile and it would be very difficult for them to deal with Franklin; but it would happen. If someone from the pack was guilty of this, Morgan already knew she wouldn't hesitate in calling them out.
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

upload_2017-10-29_10-44-13.jpeg Adelaide Main.jpg
William hadn't expected an apology of all things from Morgan. He turned to glance at Adelaide, who merely nodded. "She's telling the truth, Will. They all are. They didn't come here looking for a fight. They want Vitae's help." Will closed his eyes, jaw clenched as he took a deep breath. He might not be able to place his trust in the Pack or even Chase -- not yet -- but Addy was another story altogether. He nodded slowly before speaking in answer to Morgan's query. "She was attacked, but not by one of yours... or Franklin's. It was a hunter: Riley Everts. He's been holding a grudge against Mackenzie for years. Who knows how long he's been hiding out here in Vitae?" he said solemnly. As he spoke, he was careful to make sure that his left arm remain hidden from view of the two women, doing his best to screen his thoughts to keep Adelaide from picking up on what he intended. It was a technique she had been the one to teach him, but it was far from simple. He could only hope it would be enough.

Adelaide, however, had other thoughts on her mind. Her face contorted into a mask of grief. She hadn't taken a moment to discover the identity of the man who had been laying dead atop Mac's still body. The idea that it might be a hunter hadn't even crossed her mind. Had she known that ahead of time, her hands and Will's alike might not have blood on them. She glanced back down at Mackenzie, idly brushing her hair away from her face. "Something's... strange."

Will frowned. "What? What do you feel?"

Adelaide shook her head. "That's the thing, it's what I don't feel. I could never read Mac before, her being an Oracle. But she still had a presence I could sense. Now... it's like her mind, her soul -- is somewhere else." Seeing the look of panic on Will's face, she quickly added, "She's not dead Will. Just... displaced. I've never felt anything like it." Adelaide turned to glance toward the corner of the room that was unoccupied, save by the invisible presence she'd felt alongside Franklin earlier. Mac's silent guardian.

Will turned to glance at Chase, his voice a growl. "Hypnos."

travisbello.jpg

Chase listened to Morgan come to a similar conclusion on what happened to Mackenzie as he had, but before Chase could try and set things straight Will spoke up doing so. He couldn't help but relax a little when Adelaide spoke of knowing the truth now, that Morgan had gotten through to her. Not that he'd managed to get through Will's thick skull very much. The conversation took a turn when it was stated that Mackenzie wasn't fully there and the other mans name drop left Chase wondering. While Hypnos being the reason was the most likely, Chase didn't understand why.

"He came to the pack a few weeks ago you know." He mentioned, looking to see the mans reaction. "I couldn't be sure if you'd all sent him or if he was going to give up my intentions at the time." He shrugged deciding it had no large impact currently. "But what reason could he have for...hindering her?" Chase didn't know what else to call it.​
Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia

zlawuat.jpg

Morgan was relieved to know the attack on Mackenzie had been neither Nest or Park but another hunter. The last part was more than a little concerning; it made the idea of the colony being a whole stable unit less than what it was. Emile had shared with her, what his connections and Franklin had told them about the colony: they were holding together by threads, no clear leadership and no set destination. While she had hoped their Council and democracy would work obviously there were larger issues and it looked like the place was coming apart at the seems. The Pack still held Thomas, imprisoned at Chase's request. Chase also wanted Thomas to be returned to the colony to be dealt with but now with this second attack, she wasn't sure it was the greatest of plans. Before she could ask what the fate of the other hunter was -Will seemed to know exactly who he was, Adelaide spoke up about Mac's soul being missing.

She frowned slightly as both Will and Chase assumed that Hypnos had to do with it -she wasn't aware that the god had the power to remove the soul from a person, but she wouldn't interject; the three of them clearly had more experience deal with gods in the flesh than she did. She kept her distance and her silence, remaining by the doorway until she was either needed, or had something of use to bring to the table.

BRUpige.jpg

Emile strode towards the rec center, careless as so whether or not Solomon followed him in truth. Already he knew his plans were awry and he had to count on the colony -the people, not the council, to decided their fate for the better. He met Bart at the main entry and he nodded to his friend. "They're all here, boss." Bart said in his typical gravel voice. Emile couldn't get over how easy the hunter got along with the Alpha, thirty-five or more years the two had been in connection, long before Emile had ever become Alpha of his pack. He paused outside the door a looked over the hunter at his side. "You ready for they hate you? Like they hate me?" He questioned his friend.

The hunter looked sour a moment, before giving a shrug. "If they're smart they'll listen and hear the truth when it's spoken to them. If they want to stay ignorant of what's really going on...." Bart looked back at the closed doors. "Well we'll have to figure out how to survive without them, now won't we?"

Somehow the hunters words, as dark as they were, were comforting. He didn't have anything more to wait for, pushing the doors open and stepping into the crowded rec center. When he first stepped in there was a low murmur of hushed and frightened voices. The humans were terrified leaving an almost acidic scent to the air. The Nest coupled with the Pack were still keeping the humans in the center of the hall. Some hunters were still bound and kept aside -this was a caution Emile had insisted on: even one hunter loose could spell disaster to what they were doing. The council had been segregated, though it wasn't difficult to see who was missing. Chase, Morgan, Councilmen Hendrix and the Oracle. He knew the Oracle wouldn't be coming, but he needed the full Council here to witness the err of their ways.

Emile made his way up to the elevated stage, removing his cellphone from his pocket and texting Chase and Morgan a quick message. Where you?
Safton Safton
Crono Crono
reapertwo reapertwo
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Alator Alator
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971

Users who are viewing this thread

Back