• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Corvus

Waving her hand in a 'perish the thought' fashion at Viona questioning if the scientists that attended to her would get upset, she spoke up. "Dear, the doctor always knows best. We'll find a nice spot that you can step out of the suit for a bit and feel the air on your skin. I shall take every precaution, I assure you." Her attention shifted to Anthony, inclining her head a bit. "Nature is good for a patients recovery, there are multiple studies to back this after all. But yes, so long as you don't touch Viona you'll be perfectly fine. We don't need a repeat of you falling unconscious now do we?" Grabbing her bag of supplies and cane she stood up, having safely stowed away the vial of Anthony's blood for later testing. "If you wish to treat us, I know better than to try to tell you no. I haven't had a home cooked meal in some time, but I think perhaps Viona would prefer a confectionary. I can't dally all day however, I must still let the registry know I am in the city and get the radio for alerts and emergencies. Shall we depart then?"
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Pydir

As James opened the door as he was met with was an endless black void. The only light being shown into the void coming from the room he was in. With the light from the door he could see pydir. In her full dragon form, chains wrapped around her as if crucifying her mid air. He could see blood dripping down from her body with every small movement she would make. It seemed pydir had even noticed the door until James had called out to her. she looked up weakly as james could see the spikes of the chains digging into her and stabbing into her flesh as if it was a hot knife through butter. "J-james? ....ah I must be hallucinating. That makes sense.... Hi figment of my imagination! Have i finally gone so insane that Im seeing my own master in my book?" she asked with a defeated laugh. There was no joy or happiness behind it. But something close to acceptance, "heh look at me, try and act all cool infront of james and here I am hallucinating him in my book. So hallucination, are ya here to talk?" she asked fake smiling to James. It seems she could only think of a door appearing and james walking through as a figment of her broken imagination in this horrible prison cell of a book.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

1601129336331.pngCastle Ruins
It didn't take long for the two heroes to come across something rather... obvious, to say the least. Like a scene from a videogame cutscene sat a rather obvious and massive castle in the place that a huge natural park would normally be. For anyone that had played a game at all, it was pretty clear what this was - a dungeon. Flying islands and all, this space was incredible, and it was hard to imagine a little six-year-old could do anything like this. He was nowhere to be seen, himself. He had to be somewhere inside. Unfortunately... small beasties could be seen prowling the fields before the dungeon.

The instant the two heroes crossed over the threshold of this funky miniature world, everything changed.

1601131336415.pngQuasar would feel... completely different. She took the form of an RPG swordswoman, squishy flesh, sensation, and all. She had in her hand an oversized sword that should have definitely been heavier than it felt. Meanwhile, the wolf became a busty sorceress, complete with a long staff. They were for all intents and purposes, characters in a video game for the moment. In the corner of her vision, much the same as it was for the wolf, there were a few different bars that were common in games.

Health.
Stamina.
Mana.

She would feel that she instinctively knew her "skills", which were a quick slash (who knew how this giant sword could have a quick anything), a heavy attack which drained a bit of stamina, and then there were two magic skills. One magic skill infused her blade with poison, and the other drained all her mana into a heavy damaging AoE.

For the wolf, this was the same but with massively different skills. There was a fireball, an ice wall, an acid splash, a magic missile, and then a healing bubble. All were pretty self-explanatory and took magic to cast as one would expect.

Her comms and normal inventory, as well as the inventory for the wolf, were gone. When either of them tried to rifle around in their pockets for their things, it instead opened up a screen in front of them with slots for their inventory space. Each box was one item, and if they had multiple, it showed it as a stack.

1601131864708.pngOn top of all of this, the very air around them seemed to start up with music.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

vice.pngVice
Vice wasn't one to care about scary darkness or whatever, but... fuck, man... She grimaced, looking at the dragon that was constantly bleeding into this hellish void. It was a prison... nothing more. Vice held out her hand and made a small ball of light, nothing fancy, just to illuminate the scene. James's voice was nothing but pure concern and she could now understand why.

"Not an illusion or hallucination, hun... I'm your new next-door neighbor... My name's Vice. I'm a reality manipulator Okami," she said, voice a bit quiet as though it was rude to talk in this horrible place. She couldn't do anything here... it wasn't like she knew the person, but... she wanted so badly to help them anyway. She couldn't just magic the chains away. She couldn't make them stop jabbing into her and causing so much pain.

Well... it wasn't much, but maybe she could do something small...

Vice hurried out of the room again, only to return moments later with a whole barrel of rubber stoppers and a jar of cookies. She set both down in front of Pydir and set her hands on her hips, "James, help me put these on all the spikes we can reach." She started, however, by opening the jar of cookies and gingerly offering her one, "Here. We can give you cookie breaks in between putting the stoppers on. It might hurt a bit to have to manipulate the chains around to get them on, and you probably want nothing more than some yummy cookies anyway."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

ada.jpgAda
"Ohh? Gonna make a request to a mage or something? I do not envy crafters that make stuff for people like us. Must be a pain," she mused, giving her dad a wide smile when he said he was proud. She got out of the car and hopped along to the armory with her dad, grabbing her own miniature kit, which was just a gun and a knife, along with a little wristwatch radio thingee. She couldn't very well go fully kitted out, after all. That'd be a fast way to scare Sean off! Heh.

She followed along back to the car as well and adjusted her things before plopping back down into her seat, "Yeahhhh. I know. He's a creep. I really hope he doesn't try anything nasty. He'd lose some fingers, then his windpipe. That'd be messy. If he does try anything, I'll make sure to get him into a closed, non-surveillance room before I kill him. Someplace without cameras."

Ada tilted her head a little as they drove back to Sean's house, thinking about a million different things, "So... what do I do if Sean tries to kiss me or something?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

02B874C1-042B-4037-943A-962DA1D77C4B.png
Samantha
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

it hadn’t been long before Samantha had tracked the scent to a nearby park, well at least it had been a park. Now a massive video game landscape with a castle right in the center. “Well if this isn’t him then I’m going insane.” Samantha mumbled as she walked up and crossed into the game world only to freeze. She knew immediately something had changed, shuddering as she looked around the area too see what it was before she froze once again. Her eyes slowly going to her chest before growing wide. “What the fuck!” She yelped out before coving her mouth at the sound of her voice. Her breasts having almost doubled, her voice different as well as her entire body and outfit in addition to a big staff in her right hand. What the fuck was going on? How was this even possible?! Her look growing nervous was she realized something was missing, more specifically a certain “appendage” of sorts.

Slowly she turned her head to look over her shoulder At her rear only to see her tail was gone. It was so abnormal and weird, this feeling was dreadful. “How could he do this?“ she asked herself before looking to where Quasar once was only to see a different girl. “Who are you?!” She exclaimed and Immediately jumped back a little. Her eyes locked on the woman as Samantha held her left hand out, palm open as she tried to channel her powers to summon her sword only for nothing to happen.​

~Enzo~
Hotel

1601165051209.png The scorching glare that Enzo was sending the Detective was immediately erased and replaced with pure horror as the other man swallowed his fucking cigarette. "What the fuck?" His jaw was slack as the villain was left completely and utterly speechless; and more than a little disturbed. Is this guy even a real cop!? Who the fuck does that!? To his credit, the detective never flinched. Enzo wasn't sure if he was impressed or just terrified by that.

He was so thrown off that when the detective basically began reading him his rights, Enzo couldn't think of anything to use to fight back. Uncharacteristically, the villain was quiet as he complied and raised his hands in surrender. "No, nothing." He did not want to fuck with this particular psycho. Was Teslie Coila scarier? Fuck yeah, but it was like choosing between fighting a bear and fighting a dragon. The detective was just a bear and nothing compared to the ferocious dragon that was Teslie, but Enzo had no weapons and no advantage at the moment. He needed to play it smart. Besides, it'd be easier to convince a dumbass guard to let me go than it'd be to convince this fucker. As Marshall approached to search Enzo, the villain tensed a little. The detective's little mind game had successfully made the red-eyed man wary of him.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Marshall))

Tanner Weiland / Skeleton
LA Streets

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving / Kyrenka Kyrenka / ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

The teen wasn’t sure if he should just...leave. Or if he should stay. His indecision was further deepened when Anne turned her attention from him to the two people, forcing herself protectively in front of her “daughter”. Trevor held back any comments he was about to impart to the frantic woman and looked with mild unease and confusion at the two others. They had been in the car with the woman, right? Were they friends? She wouldn’t have acted like that with friends though. But Aia seemed calm...mostly. Surely these two people weren’t bad guys or anything. Trevor awkwardly stayed where he was, watching the scene before him. He didn’t know any of these people but he had just wandered around the streets with Aia. And if there was something off about these two then he felt obligated to help. He didn’t know what he could do. And this was all around a weird situation.

He relaxed when Anne addressed him though, giving Anne a bright, broad smile in return for her profuse thanks. "It's really nothing! We had some..fun. She didn't eat me so I guess she likes me!" Trevor gave a slight chuckle as he pulled a grimace, remembering the feeling of her tongue snaking across his face and neck. He hoped that would only happen the one time. He picked up immediately on the name she had used and looked at the creature that was now named. He waved a little, though it was obvious the alien was much too focused on it’s mama to care about him. Trevor couldn’t ignore the presence of the other two people there, and he shuffled his feet slightly, rubbing the nape of his neck where the hair he had put up into a short ponytail was coming undone from the rain and being manhandled by Aia. "Well...if you all are all fine now, I really just wanted to make sure Aia found her "mama". Gotta say, I was a little worried she was leading me to a pack of aliens or something. So...this is a relief. Wasn't sure what I got myself into, heh." Trevor spoke with a little awkwardness due to the situation but his genuine personality still spilled through and he gazed mostly at Aia, finding the intense gaze of the youngest woman in the group a little intimidating. Honestly, the man she was with was a little off as well. But Trevor was sure that was just him being suspicious because of Anne's initial reaction.

Xasura Mi'Kael

Time: To TAKE ME TA CHURCH!!!!!

With all the goings on in the world, a day in which the earth had made a full rotation and everything wasn't on fire was a beautiful day. People were still bustling and being productive, children were laughing and playing in the rain while mothers and/or fathers attempted to wrangle them into a jacket, and the world, in fact, was still revolving around the sun instead of being catapulted further away into the deeper depths of space. However, Xasura couldn't help but wonder why it was storming so heavily today, but as he made his way in his hooded jacket to the church... It left a sort of pit in his stomach that could only hint at ill omens - like when he accidentally ate the head Nun's last muffin and mistook it for the one he was supposed to have that was eaten by someone else, and the thought of that scenario alone made him shudder. Surely today couldn't be anything outlandish or baffling as how the Nun took such a thing, yes? He was going to the most peaceful place in the city (in his opinion). It was a house of the Lord, a grand structure that accepted the young and old, rich and poor, and whatever other sort of duality-oriented and simplified worldview one had. Father Anderson himself would even invite those who didn't believe just to get them out of the rain and make them comfortable - and, contrary to the opinions of Some, it didn't burst into flames.

So, as he drew near and spotted the eighteen-wheeler in front of the church, of course he was going to be flabbergasted. He'd never heard a trucker stopping by during their drive to do a confessional, after all, and thinking about that, couldn't it get that person fired? Truck drivers had deadlines to meet. They had important work to do, and most often were away from their families for long stretches of time.

The pit in Xasura's stomach felt heavier as he made his way through the curious throng of people who had gathered and whispered among themselves. Feathers seemed to speck the ground here and there, and when he picked one up, the size of them - even broken or torn, seemed far too large for any kind of bird he knew about. So what was all this? Some sort of....

Well, truthfully, the little pup couldn't even fathom what in the world was going on. Once or twice an adult had had the kind thought of trying to persuade him to not go into the church for some reason or another, and though he felt rude about it, he persisted and eventually made his way to the doors. The first scent that hit his nostrils was blood, which made his maw crinkle in disapproval as the copper-esque scent hit his senses. He could hear something as he pressed his hands to the first set of doors before him. It sounded like quiet chatter, but pained and hushed. So now he had to take in the situation:

Before the Cathedral sat a Semi with its back doors open, and a crowd had gathered to mingle and to chatter. Police and EMS weren't involved as of yet, so either he got to a situation before they got here or it wasn't an emergency the Father didn't think he couldn't handle. Strewn across the pavement were large feathers here and there that seemed to be damaged in some sort of way, and the feathers didn't match anything that he had any recollection of studying in Science classes, but whatever the semi was transporting either had to be unknown and numerous, or unknown and enormous - maybe even a combination of the two? If that was the case, then he absolutely had to see what was behind the doors, but the only thing stopping him was the scent of what he guessed was blood.

If something large and unknown - or something unknown and numerous was inside the Cathedral and he entered, wouldn't it startle it/them? If anything, if he wanted to see what was inside, he would have to be quiet about it, and that meant he had to take the more adventurous route....

Now that he found himself in the basement kitchen via the backdoor that led straight down - because he was feeling particularly civilian today and not at all heroic, the only thing left to do was navigate through the rooms to the stairs that led near the Father's office, which he could do blindfolded with cotton in his ears and a clothespin on his nose (which, spoiler, was extraordinarily uncomfortable, but tested and approved), but the scent just seemed to mix with something akin to.... A couple sniffs later at the door near the office suggested that whatever it was hadn't been bathed.... But birds didn't have that scent. It was....

"Oh, to Narnia with it," he sighed before opening the door....

"Which I immediately regret..." He muttered to himself as he gazed through the crack in the door. The rest of the scents hit him like a tidal wave, but moreso it was the sight before him. He hadn't even fully opened the door and witnessed what he could firmly consider the saddest sight he would ever see in his life. There were at least a dozen angels, and only three of them seemed to be what one would consider adults. The rest, to his bewilderment, were kids, and one of them was in dire straits. Xasura wasn't able to stop himself as he wandered into the Cathedral proper, eyes wide and unblinking as he took in the sight before him.

"What.... Happened....?" He whispered, though the sound that came out of his mouth couldn't convey curiosity. The hue of his voice was a kaleidoscope of grey and blue, cracked through the gazing lens and spilling into darker and darker color. It was as if snapping heartstrings could be vocalized by something that had no concept of such sound - pure, new, and aching, and the last gasping breath of hope before despair took its rightful place. Tears need not be seen as they struggled to keep form through the thick coat of fur upon such a harrowed and innocent visage if one only had ears...

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Seiva Kerona Meldain.PNGSeiva and Crew
Seiva stiffened before the rumbling of an angry Demon Lord even began. Like a beast that knows before an earthquake comes. Without a word, she grabbed hold of Zuzulian and Shardaken and Rurulian. She disappeared with the three of them into the castle, not even bothering to give Loki an answer as his hand fell to the ground. Nadia could handle herself. The others would have to handle themselves. The reaper had made the plan a hell of a lot more difficult.

Seiva reappeared in the room with Diadem and the others mid-stride. She crossed the distance in incredible time and lambasted the room with her intimidating “war general” voice. “Lord Diadem Lucrum! We come bearing news. Some of which have already made it to you... but with the bad comes the good,” she shouted, grabbing Ruru and all but shoving her into her grandfather, “Greet your granddaughter, Lord Diadem!”

Hopefully, that would throw him off and distract him for at least a moment. Seiva shot a glare at the reaper that had come with them, “So much for being out of the way, death hound.”

Zuzu meanwhile was quiet as the dead, half-hiding behind her husband. She had, in sheer panic and fear, ended up in her natural, fully adult, very spiky form, but was still as scared as a child might be - certainly not the fearsome warrior bride Shard used to see. She had a hand gingerly placed on Shard's back like she wanted the confirmation he was there and real as she watched Diadem. As scared as she was, if he threatened Ruru, she'd fight him with everything she had.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

shield.jpgThe Cathedral
There wasn't a whole lot of talking going on in the church, aside from the chatting like a nurse to a patient that was going on here and there. Darren was as sweet as could be, calm and collected despite his own internal fears and worries. Father Anderson moved swiftly and with purpose after the first angel was stabilized and triaged the rest. After they were sorted by how bad their injuries were, he simply moved on down the line as he could. They were already far along when Xasura made his appearance. In fact, Darren and Natalie were already done with what they could do.

Father Anderson looked up at the boy, wiping sweat from his brow with the back of his hand, "Xasura! Come over here. I want you to gather up all the feathers and broken feather pieces you see and bring them to me. They're powerful when in the wrong hands. Commit this scene to memory though, son. This is what happens in war. A kind hero saved them from their fate. Dwell not on the evil that led them to this state, but the kind hands that served as their salvation."

"You will one day be those kind hands," he said with firm determination, eyes moving back to his current patient, "Show your commitment to the Lord with your actions and help ensure that this cannot happen again in the future. Unfortunately, angel feathers are often used to make armor, and if not that, then they are sold on the black market to serve as reagents. That is why this is the best you can do for me and for them right now. Understand? Clear your mind if you cannot see any more feathers with your eyes and use your powerful little nose. It is quite a gift."

Darren watched the young boy in silence before finally allowing himself to move up to Natalie, "It looks like we have a moment... I'm freaking out on the inside. If I see my Father or my Uncle again... they'll know. They'll find out somehow. They'll drag me into crime kicking and screaming... I... I'm scared, Natalie. I'm really fu-... I'm really terrified." Even as upset as he was, he didn't want to cuss, and he was pretty sure he heard somewhere that cursing in a house of God was frowned upon anyway.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Downtown bank robbery

There was no mayhem, quite surprisingly. Well. No more mayhem. The perpetrator had apparently blown up a couple cars - maybe to make a point, and the smouldering remains of the vehicles were forming a blockade of sorts in front of the bank's entrance. Now, there was an armored van that was being loaded by what seemed to be goons; they were about done, by the looks of it. A couple minutes more and the van would leave for gods know where.

There was also a man in armor, the strangest-looking of the bunch. Where the goons looked like your average skinhead or white supremacist gang member, this one was dressed up like a roman centurion, albeit slightly modernized. He did have a sword, but he also had a SMG in hand, and there was a red cape billowing behind him. Under the helmet, only dark eyes and a closely-trimmed black beard could be seen. The tip of the sword was bloodied, and the man had somewhat of a scowl on his face. There was no sound coming from the inside.

His gaze was sweeping past the smoking wrecks, keeping an eye on the surroundings, until his eyes landed on Mazok. A flash of sorts passed through them, and his expression brightened. His blade went up in a motion of salute, and his voice rang loud and clear across the expanse, gravelly but not deep, and slightly echoing.

"A worthy opponent has finally arrived. Keep going, this one's mine."

Kyberius.jpg

chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

James Alistair Giotto.pngJewel and James
Jewel answered practically on the first ring, always one to answer a call, especially from one of her apprentices or family. She did not, however, answer texts WHEN ON A GOD DAMNED JOB. She did check her messages as she was shouted at but snapped back at Fay, "FAY WHEN SOMETHING IS IMPORTANT. C A L L M E. And don't get me started on how much fucking trouble you're in for going off and getting that deep in without me there. I'm leaving now."

She was already on the move, stepping out of the car and locking it with one hand, her other on the phone. She tucked the keys in her grimoire (she'd give them back to Chrysos later, damn it), and made probably the fastest portals she had ever managed. One under Chrysos to drag him along with, since apparently she couldn't leave them out of her sight like competent fucking people, and the other in front of her to walk through.

She was already inside his apartment by the time Fay got there, having disabled his wards and whatnot too... mostly out of spite at that point. Jewel gave him one hell of a glare before all her focus went onto James. "Are you alright? How are you feeling, bud?" she asked, having suddenly gone from pissed of might-as-well-be-villain to mom in .02 seconds flat.

He was startled by the change and took a second of stammering to answer, "I... um... I'm okay, I think. I smell like smoke... and I'm really confused... but I'm not hurt or anything, miss."

"Fay. Will Merlin Aquilias be coming here? Chrysos. If you're feeling fine and if the adrenaline you shot yourself with has worn off, do a lap around the building and check for anyone suspicious. Keep in contact with me. So, what's your name, bud?" Jewel said each, then went back to smiling sweetly at James.

"J-James, miss. James Giotto... oh... oh no... F-Fay, my family. They're gonna freak out. I've... I've been dead... My poor family. My mom... my dad... my sisters... Can you guys call them too?"

Jewel nodded, "We will as soon as we make sure you're safe, okay? Don't worry. How about you go get yourself a glass of water and sit down. It'll be alright now. We're gonna keep you safe, James. After all, you're Fay's friend, and I'm his mentor. I'd be pretty shitty if I didn't keep you safe too."

"Mentor? Fay you got a mentor? That's awesome!" James managed a smile as he moved to the nearby kitchen and looked around for a cup, "I'm jealous. Heh. You ended up getting a mentor before me!"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

James

His stomach churned to the threat of vomit as he stared at his friend suspended in this perpetual hell. "Pydir...Pydir no. I'm here, I promise, I'm here." He blinked hard a few times...god this was like seeing a childhood friend or a sibling being tortured in front of you. If...that sibling had a perpetual crush on you...eugh, he didn't want to think to hard on it. "Apparently I can...enter grimoires in this world. I'll ask Vice more about it later...she's uh...she's our new companion? We sort of got sent here by uhm...one of sophia's 'family'...who apparently knows her. Anyways, you don't have to act tough in front of me, okay? I...I never knew it really looked this bad."

He glanced in the direction of Vice only for her to run back with corks and cookies...what the actual fuck? "Uhhh will this actually work." Even as he voiced confusion he had no qualms quickly moving to get started corking the spikes. "Pydir...I'm so sorry. I'm going to get you all out of these books. I've done it once, I'll do it again. Just...please, hang in there. Why don't you introduce yourself to Vice?"
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Quasar

Sticking to her routine of flying low over the streets and running her facial recognition over everyone she saw she had to admit...there was no Louie to be seen. That was until she did a flyby of the park and...yep. That was a castle. What the hell was that? It looked like one of Jade's video games, honestly. She'd say she should stop playing them so much and go outside but that was....quite literally impossible. Anyways, if the reality crafter with an affinity for video games was anywhere, he'd be there. "Heading into the park, turned into a castle. I'll radio in when I have sight on the kid." Little did Quasar know, this would be her last time using the technology she loved so much. Flying low to the ground she crossed the threshold...only to go into a tumble and pain to register in her mind. The pain wasn't some new wonderful thing for Quasar, she had sensors on her bodies to register pain she wasn't a droid. But she felt...certainly a lot squishier than she should. Standing upright she became acutely aware of the fact...she felt more than a bit crippled. She was used to having so much going on, endless flow of information and analysis going on before her in her mind. And now there was just...this bullshit video game and... Someone please EMP me.

She had stat bars. She had attacks. She reached into her pockets on instinct and she had...equipment. "You have to be FUCKING kidding me! I'M IN AN RPG!?" Quasar wasn't a video game fanatic to begin with, she preferred strategy games if she had to pick. There was bottom of the barrel...and then there was horse shit garbage RPG crap. Jade loved this shit, which honestly made sense since she couldn't go outside and experience the world first hand...but quasar personally hated it. Studying her equipment she glared at it... eighty five defence armor, ninety five attack sword. Calling it 'armor' was flattering it, this was HARDLY armor! "I am so fucking done." She was having a good day. Was being the operative term. Note to self...have dad add a 'self terminate' subroutine to my processing. The music was the last straw and she found herself swinging the illogically light sword at nothing, carving a crevice in the ground. "Oh SHUT UP!"

Finally taking notice of the sorceress nearby she glared at her, sword resting its tip in the ground in her grip. "I'm Quasar! And given your reaction and temperament, I'm going to take an educated guess that your the Bladed Wolf, correct? It seems our would-be rescue has transported us into a video game....I'm extremely annoyed, but work is work. I guess we have to...god dammit, how did she put it. 'Clear the Dungeon'?" What was some of the things Jade had told her about for succeeding at these games...fighters up front, spell casters in the back. "I'll take up the frontline, and you hang back with support while I draw any aggression. Sound good?"
1601131336415-png.786069

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Casey Kemp

"Something like that. If a mage can't do it, I'll speak to a scientist. I've got many ways we can go about this...I'll call them while you two are on your date." After securely putting his kit trunk in the trunk of the car he climbed in and started off with her. "Smart girl. Try not to do it in the house. If you can't do it yourself, I'll handle it. Honestly, the best way to do it is use something to induce a heart attack in him. He's of the correct age group, and it'd be marked as a natural death. Sean probably wouldn't suspect anything either. Though...if he does actually touch you and you can't handle it yourself....I have no qualms with blowing up another house."

At her question of 'what if he tries to kiss me' he was silent for a bit. His first instinct was to tell her to punch him in the stomach, but that wouldn't work. "Politely tell him no, and gently push him away if you have too. Kissing on the first date is a stupid idea as any. Dating is part of life...and as I told you, life is about playing the board correctly. If you don't kiss him on the first date, it'll set in his mind that he has to earn the affection that he desires. You'll cement yourself as someone who isn't easily won over just by one good evening out, and people respect someone who isn't won over on the first try so easily. This in turn makes you something he'll have to make himself more appealing for and make him showcase his best qualities. I'd say....third date. If you still like the boy, you can kiss him on the third date...if there's a third date."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam raised an eyebrow at Enzo's exclamatory remark as if he hadn't just done something horrific. "Something wrong son?" Approaching Enzo, Adam calmly rattled off his rights as he put the young man in cuffs, and then proceeded to pat him down. Just as he said, there was nothing on him so that was nice for once. "Alright. I'm going to question you once we get to the station. Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't get lonely. I'll stay with you the entire seventy-two hours, I'm great company." When one had the willpower to ignore sleep needs and had worked several shifts back to shifts and assorted other bullshit, seventy hours was a cake walk...he'd certainly crash after the fact though. Leading Enzo down into the lobby he came to a stall, nodding towards reception. "Please restrict access to Mister Sauce's room for the time being." As he walked further into the lobby he raised a hand to gain the attention of his wife and Dunny, the other hand holding Enzo by the cuffs. "Sylvia, Dunny. We're going to head back to the station, coming?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Natalie Brenton

She worked diligently on the angels, plucking feathers, and having a conversation to help them focus less on the pain and on something else instead. By the time a young child had shown up, she was pretty much done with her duties, eyes going to focus on him. She offered him a small smile, a silent greeting. "Sorry you showed up to such a terrible sight, love. We appreciate the help though." Reaching up to brush some of her hair over her shoulder she moved her attention to Darren who was...down in the dumps again. "Hey, come with me. Let's take a seat." Putting a hand at Darren's back she guided him to a pew out of the way, sitting down with him and flashing him a smile. "Super proud of you for keeping it together and putting the victims first. Do you know what that is? That's what makes a good person and a good hero...You're such a pup. But like...a pup with anxiety problems. Like a chihuahua. You gotta stop being a chihuahua. Be a bulldog, Darren. Stop thinking in the fashion that they are going to drag you into crime. Think that they can try. You're a great kid, love. If you're that concerned, we'll make a pact right now. We don't go anywhere alone, got it? I take you on everything, and you never leave my sight. I promise you, if I have too I'll start a scene in the middle of a crowded street for you. They can play political and such all they want, that won't work on me, okay? You're an excellent kid, and you love to help...I see it in how you hold yourself, how you're so eager to soothe worries. Some divine gift isn't going to turn you one-eighty and turn you into a villain, okay? Start thinking positive. It's a divine gift, so there's inherent good in it. What you do with it is up to you."

She pulled him into a side hug, patting his shoulder. "You're a better person than me Darren, got it? You're not going to turn into a villain or a menace. It's okay to be terrified...but you're not alone. You have me, right? And by extension...you got one very angry friend of a friend." She turned her attention back towards the angels, thinking back to what the seraphim had said. "...Love, do you have any family in the states, near this area? Got a tidbit of information that they were going to purchase one of the angels if not a few. We figured it was Cianan at first but...didn't add up, and the Seraphim said it probably wasn't him based off what we said in general about em. But the buyer fit your family description pretty accurately."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

~Anne and Dietrich~
Streets of L.A.

1601254195761.png Anne burst out into laughter at Trevor's comment. With it, the rest of her tension vanished. "She doesn't eat people, I promise!" Petting the alien underneath her as Aia made soft rumbling sounds, the doctor let the smile on her face remain. "I really can't thank you enough," glancing up at Morgan and Dietrich, she continued, "All of you." At the mention of food, she perked up a bit. "Yeah, that'd be great." Shuffling into a more comfortable position, her eyes darted to Aia before locking onto Morgan again. "I uh, I should pay for Aia though. She eats a lot." Coaxing said alien up so that they could move, Anne made sure to never completely let her go. She told herself that it was because Aia needed comfort right now, but if she was being honest they both weren't ready to be separated so soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1601254299269.png Watching Morgan dismiss Trevor, Dietrich quickly lost interest too. However, he did keep that word the boy said in his mind. Alien. Was it just a guess or did he know something? It would certainly explain her foreign features and anatomy. The blond couldn't recall any creatures in mythos that looked like how Aia did; and he did a lot of research. It could also explain why she was mostly non-verbal. Alien jaw, tongue, and muscles made it hard to master a human's language.

It was pleasing to see how trusting they were. Some humans weren't, but those that didn't grow up with many hardships tended to pretty naïve. It was one of the many things he loved about humans, and one of the many reasons they shouldn't be allowed so much independence. They're toddlers trying to build their own society. Children couldn't be trusted with something so big. It was for their own protection. "Don't worry," Dietrich assured, "Money isn't a problem, no matter how much your daughter eats." Taking in the scientist, he noted that she seemed to be at a healthy weight and was wearing good clothes. She isn't hurting for money yet. How long would that last though? Anne said that Aia ate a lot, which meant a hefty food bill everyday. Not to mention what other care such a unique individual would need. Perhaps they could strike a deal? His gaze slid to Morgan. Is that what she's planning on doing? It would be mutually beneficial, but Anne seemed to flip flop between being too trusting and extremely suspicious. They only met today, would she trust them enough if Morgan did make her some kind of offer?

"Trevor, was it?" Stepping forward towards the boy, Dietrich smiled. "Thank you for your help. Do you need help getting home? I can call a taxi for you." It was a offer made out of genuine kindness, but also a subtle hint to leave. She doesn't need him. This boy, as pleasant as he was, would only get in Morgan's way. He needed to leave.

((Interacting with Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno 's Trevor, ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan, Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

1601310002160.pngThe Tunnels
The horrible creature, while certainly an abomination, held no direct ill will until the tendril of electric current snaked its way towards and connected to it. As soon as the current shot through its body, it caused the horrid thing to scream and writhe like a deflating balloon. The sound was so high pitched and shrill, and it sounded like it echoed around them for miles in the rocky walls of the tunnel. Eventually, and with much pain, the thing fell to its side. It continued to twitch and writhe but seemed to be dead. An easy kill.

The cabin of the creature split open thanks to a tarnished, blackened, and charred bastard sword. It swung down and own, only for a paladin clad in black to step out with a mighty rustling of metal. He looked tattered and pained, head lulling to one side as if the effort of holding it up was too great.

His bastard sword hefted up and was pointed tip-first at Axiom as he spoke, voice gravely and just as pained as his armor, "ðe weorðfulnes êower sê dægeð 3 oferg¯æganûteweard gâsthâlig folde? wiðstyllan mæsse−ûhta mîn spîr dôm mêtan êower ðrote mid dôð ðracu orgilde eallwealda."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- (Loose translation from Old English: Who are you that dares trespass on the holy land? Retreat or my blade will meet your throat with the fury of God.)

02B874C1-042B-4037-943A-962DA1D77C4B.png
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Samantha watched as the swordswoman next to her threw a little fit. It wasn't as with held as her which made it kind of obvious it was the robot. Relaxing just a little she sighed quietly and listened to it talk about being in the back. "This is gonna be a long day." She said to Quasar before looking around them. Thinking on what she said Samantha nodded a little before looking to her partner. "Well lets get whatever this is with over with. Lead the way." She said gesturing to the castle before looking to it once more in thought. After a moment a little idea popped into her head and she looked to Quasar. "Think we can just run past everything to the castle?" Samantha couldn't help but question to the Swordswoman with curiosity. If they could that would make it so much easier. How would they call it.... a 'speed run'? Whatever it was Samantha liked the idea of just racing past everything in front of them and straight to the castle​

sean.jpgAda and Sean
She rolled her eyes, "Just don't go killing him for not being able to keep his eyes off me, okay? It's gross but it's not gonna hurt me. I don't wanna cause trouble when we don't need to. I doubt he's gonna be dumb enough to actually do anything. He seems like the sort to be a peeping tom rather than so bold as to try to grope a kid. That said, if I use their bathroom I am soooo looking around it for a camera or peephole first." She shuddered dramatically at the thought, "Gross. I feel bad for Sean, having to deal with that perv of a dad... I'm still worried Sean will have a perverse idea of what's normal because of him - not because Sean's at fault, you know? But because he has horrible role models."

"Got it. No kissing. Wasn't that eager anyway. If I really have a good time I'll give him a kiss on the cheek at most," she said, nodding along to what her dad had said with her arms stretched out above her touching the roof of the car.

Sean practically bolted out of the house as soon as they pulled up, eager to get away from his parents' ever-annoying comments and concerns. He disappeared from their sight, only to reappear right next to the car. He realized his mistake, however, as he opened the car door, "Sorry! Sorry. Force of habit. I'll try not to do the time bubble thing. Couldn't wait to get in the car and go. My mom is being so annoying, and my dad is... my dad... Ugh. He had a billion questions about you guys, and my general answer was, 'I don't know, I chose to respect their privacy.' My mom was worried about your financial situation and stupid high-society crud like that. Like it matters at all what anyone thinks... She acts like I have a social life. Heh." He plopped a bag beside him on the seat and smiled up at Ada in the front passenger seat, "That doesn't matter though! I'm so excited. This is gonna be so fun."

Behind them, the guards made their way to a simple, nondescript van that looked more appropriate for a soccer mom than a band of professional private guards. Ada watched them out the rear window as she talked to Sean, "I think so too! Can we check out the rose garden first? I heard it's really pretty, and there's a cacti garden next to it too. Then we could go to the museum! Daddy do you want me to get you something to go from wherever we eat in the park?" She turned around again to face front, smiling wide. She was genuinely so excited! Maybe they'd even try holding hands! Aaaaaaa!

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

62faac751fa2b98a5be0adac1ceacad7-jpg.685184
AXIOM

Axiom tenses and covers his ears to lessen the strain on his eardrum from the creature's loud screeching. Soon, the screeching stopped and as he looks to the creature and sees it slumped on the ground, dead. Axiom's eyes widen as it was not his intention to kill the creature, merely taze it. Perhaps the voltage was still too much for it to take. As Axiom slowly approaches the creature, out of its body came a knight of some sort, adorned with an old-looking, rustic armor and weapons with religious runes etched on to it. To think someone was actually riding inside of that thing was astonishing and bizarre to even think about. As the knight points its rusty-looking sword and speaks to him in a foreign language, axiom deduced it was a warning to him. Under other circumstances, he'd heed it....But his employers wouldn't be to happy with him for aborting on a crucial mission such as this. He didn't know if what he was witnessing had anything to do with OA at this point but he couldn't go back without some sort of answer to this entire investigation he's been sent on. Axiom puts a lax hand up towards the knight to show him he means no harm. "I know you probably want me to leave....But my employers insist I explore this tunnel to figure out our enemy's move. I'm not here looking to harm anyone...And I'm sorry about your....Ride?" Axiom assures the knight until he realizes something. He's talking to a knight. Like a REAL knight. Now that would make a great story.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

dunnie human.pngSylvia and Dunnie
Sylvia smiled at her husband as he came into the lobby, "Well well! You make such quick work of stuff like this, hun. Let's get going." She stood up along with Dunnie, who was still thoroughly distracted by the tablet in her hands, and walked up to Enzo, "Hi there. I'll skip reading you the riot act, you seem old enough to know what you're doing. I'm guessing we're gonna hold you while we wait for a warrant. I'll make sure you get to make some calls though, alright? In fact, is there anybody you want me to call right now just to let them know you're in custody?" She was sweet, even to a suspect like this. She knew most of the time they robbed people out of necessity, not malice.

She walked alongside them to the car, as Dunnie stretched her neck at an odd angle and a maw opened from her jaw down to her shoulder and consumed the tablet. The whole time she did that, she stared at Enzo, this newcomer, unaware that her eldritch actions would cause him a headache, or worse, dizziness, nausea, or a whole host of other symptoms. After all, to her, it was normal... and she had already forgotten that Adam said not to do that.

"He has pretty eyes," she said, still watching him with unblinking eyes as they got to the car, "and pretty hair too. Did he do something wrong?"

Sylvia smiled through the discomfort. Unfortunately, she was growing a little tolerant of smaller events thanks to her family... She sighed a little, "Well... He may have done something wrong, yes. We're pretty sure, but it's not up to us to say he's guilty. That said, if he wants to," her attention turned back to Enzo, "If you want to, you can explain yourself, and we can make sure the courts go way easier on you than they will if we have to go through and get a warrant and everything."

Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

shield.jpgDarren
"I am not a chihuahua," he grumbled, rolling his eyes at her commentary. If it were so easy to think that way he would have done it years ago. Darren sighed and leaned back in the pew, staring at the ceiling, "They're going to try, yes. I don't want to end up just glued to your side. That's not fair on either of us and I need to be able to function on my own. That said, I'm pretty much stuck to your side anyway given the whole probationary status. I know you'd rip them a new one if you found out they dragged me off somewhere. I guess I shouldn't worry as much as I am. I do want to help people. I think it may be what I really want to do with my life. I just... I guess part of it is that I've never seen this gift used for good. It's like... it's like a spirit of vengeance, but without guidance for it. That's how it's been described to me. When someone in my family is using this gift, they want to cause harm. But there's no guidance for it."

He let out a low groan, looking towards the angels as well, "Yeah... Angry friend of a friend... Is it weird I don't want to disappoint Agas? Anyway... ah... Yeah. I have some family around here... oh no... they... they were going to buy one...?" Darren's brow furrowed as he looked back down into his lap, "That'll be a fight, right? Can I... can I sit that one out, please? If I can, anyway... I... I really don't want to have to watch more family die, even if they deserve it... and I know they deserve it... just... I don't know if I would do well with it. All I can think about surrounding that is my sister... but ah... I can show you to their house. When do you want to go?"

Osuka Osuka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back