• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The Beast

The beast snapped it's head to glare at Axiom who was trying to reason with it, though his pleas fell on deaf ears. Raising his hand he softly backhanded in the direction of Axiom, with just enough force to send him back a foot or so. Drifting his attention back to Tabby, the lower mandibles of the creature moved in a facsimile of a 'smile', a somewhat macabre sight to behold. It DID get to crush! Tabby raising her voice didn't even faze the creature, only opting to toss the young O.A member into the air a bit and have it's massive hand find his leg. "GROAAAAAAAR!" With a roar of domination, the Beast slammed the boy into the ground repeatedly like he was beating a rag doll on the ground, only to drop him at Tabby's feat once he was out like a bloody light.

With it's 'rewad' offered to it, a massive hand reached out around the carcasses midsection, only for the other hand to grab another half and tear the damn thing in half, viscera splattering the ground. Opening it's maw wide and mandibles spreading, it started to eat the bovine. To say it was a horrifying sight was to say the least, it made a starved lion look like a gentleman at a five star resteraunt. The Beast ate everything, bone and all. Crunching and chewing in solitude, it hunched over on the ground as it tore the poor dead animal apart, shoving handfuls into it's maw.
BeneficialRewardingBison-size_restricted.gif
(For reference)

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Natalie Brenton (and some Agas)

Natalie rolled her head this way and that in thought. "Yea and no, all at once? That's me, but it's also not me. It's confusing, don't worry about it." She didn't have to thank Agas on the angel child's behalf, the message was conveyed all the same. Agas was, of course, muttering hateful things. Not towards the angel child, but rather towards those who would buy and sell her and her kin. And then the poor kid called her an angel...shit. NOT AN ANGEL! Natalie didn't really show the fact Agas had taken offense to the mislabeling, instead focusing on her work. "Well, you've got a chance to grow up and be real strong now, right? I'm sure you'll be super strong one day, love." She nodded a bit at the angels little thoughts on the church. "Places like this do good work...it helps the dark seem a little less strong. I try to come by churches often."

At her question about what the Father was like Agas went...disturbingly silent. This caused Natalie to freeze up in confusion...the fuck just happened? Agas NEVER went quiet. And then she started talking. Her voice had...lost almost all of its hate, there was only fondness. She had to admit, without the feeling she was going to get strangeled mentally by that voice it was honestly quite sweet. As Agas talked, she took the liberty of conveying what she was told. "The Father was just that, a Father. The best father to ever exist. He looked upon nothingness, and in his grace, brought life. He created mankind, his perfect creation, an endeavor of love. And when he made man, he made Agas and her siblings, and their siblings...Agas is super old. The Father was protective of his children and loved them dearly, and it hurt him to see them turn away from him as time passed on. Eventually, the good and lovely he had created had all but disappeared, save for a few. Then he had to flood the world, and have the good start again. The Father was vengeaful upon those who strayed too far from the light and forsook him, especially to those who went and harmed his faithful. Like a good Father, he protected his children and walked with them. So great was his love, he sent his only true son unto man so that he could perish for their sin, and die for them. That son brought lessons to man, healed the leper and cured the blind, and gave the cripple the ability to work..."

When the fuck could Agas do anything other than rage? She was going to have to talk to her later. A lot less of your exploits in this than I expected. I do him injustice if I talk of only one aspect! Shut the hell up! "So...he was a very good dad. He loved all of his children and he protected them fiercly...You guys got bibles up in heaven? I can get Anderson to give you a bible if ya want." Pausing her work she flipped out her phone, going to text Darren. Hey pup, come meet me here, got work I could use a hand with. Be here in like...I dunno, five? Run, I know you don't get tired so don't try to use that excuse. I'm here. And with that she sent her location as well, pocketing her phone again.
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

He watched Ada turn into a ball of excitement and joy in but a moment, and he had to resist the urge to smile. He had to stay stern in front of Sean, keep the poker face going. Glancing at Sean he gave a small smile. "I'm fine with that. I'll do the driving. I'm not going to chaperone though, you two can enjoy the date. I'll stay in the car." It meant no working in L.A for a bit, but he could always pack his usual gear in a secure trunk and take that along just in case something went awry. At Seans question, he leveled a cool gaze on him. "None of your business. And don't try asking Ada either to work around it, she won't tell you either. If it makes you feel better, I'm not a mafioso." Honestly that was a little insulting. A mafioso? Degrading, actually. Sealing up his suitcase he crossed his arms across his chest. "When do you two want to go?"
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

James felt sick to his stomach. 'You own me more or less'...EUGHHHH. "Please don't say I own you. It sounds too much like slavery and it's disturbing. Wait...the big bad is babysitting?...What fucking world did I get sucked into." Getting forcibly sucked into the grimoire, James spun around to look at the situation...this was a massive fucking library. At least she was smart enough to leave behind a false copy. "Right, that's new..." His eyes scanned the rows upon rows of books, giving a content sigh. He could spend days in here and still be busy. Attention finally going to Vice he offered the best smile he could right now, which was more of a half quirked lip. "Nice to meet you officially, Vice. I like the outfit." It was an offhanded compliment, something sincere that he wasn't even thinking about. It wasn't him trying to be suave or anything, it was just him being nice.

Slowly starting to walk towards a bookshelf as she talked he glanced over his shoulder. "Hm? No pets or anything like that. I lived alone with the girls. I might miss rent, but I'm sure Seamus will understand...hopefully he will at least." He scanned the bookshelf, index finger crooking across his chin in thought. "I take it you want out of here at some point. And I frankly hate the idea of you being stuck in here for all eternity. So I'll work on that and add it to my plate. Next question, please?"
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

She nodded slowly, flipping through a couple pages of notes. "Thanks for the vote of confidence Addison, I appreciate it. I have to do well in classes and tests. I won't accept a bad grade...plus my Ma and Da would flip if my grades started slipping. Such worry worts." Looking up at Addison she quirked a small smile. "I'm not that bad, am I? Sorry, A.D.H.D, runs in my family. I don't really drink coffee either, hate the taste. I prefer tea...though I guess that also has caffeine. It's not like I say everything as one rushed sentence though....anyways, right! No, I mean...kinda? Weekend classes sort of suck, but it helps me work towards my goal."

Glancing towards the fridge she mulled the thought over...nah, food later. "I'll eat after class. I'll probably just come right back here and grab a slice of cold pizza or make a ramen packet. When I come back we can put something on the radio or listen to a podcast and just hang out?" Unless of course something showed up on the hero radio and then she'd have to dip...again.
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

shield.jpgFather Anderson and Darren
The child was fully enraptured by the explanation of Father, smiling despite her pain, "I wish I got to know him... I wish he'd come back to us... I wonder what Father's doing right now..." The little girl shook her head, "I could get one, I'm sure, but it doesn't really give the full story... and bibles are a lot more about humans than angels. Which... is interesting too, but... I don't really know much about humans or deal with them at all. I'm supposed to be training to be a smith. I was, before... this... stuff happened..." Her smile dimmed at the thought, "Some people are really really evil... they have no light left from Father at all. It's scary."

Darren was already walking along, and honestly he wasn't far away, but he still gave a disgruntled huff at the text message from Natalie. He was sick earlier! What if he got sick again!? Making him run... such a she-devil move. Ugh. Well, he had no choice, now did he? He picked up the pace and got there in no time.

He ran in and almost slipped on the smooth floor of the church thanks to how wet he was from the rain. Darren stopped, though, and managed to keep his balance as he looked to Natalie with a dry huff of irritation, "You could have told me people were hurt! That's an important tidbit, don't you think?"

It wasn't fully there yet, but Natalie would be able to sense a fledgling connection with the Father. The same one his parents had, though his soul did not yet reflect the change, and Darren clearly didn't know yet either.

He knelt down to the little angel girl and gave her a big smile, "Hi there sweetheart! You have really pretty wings. Are you warm enough in that robe?"

She nodded, staring at Darren in curiosity, able to feel the same tiny connection Natalie did, "Mhm. I'm warm enough, mister. Thank you."

"Alright. I know some first aid, so do you mind if I try to patch you up a little so the bleeding stops? I promise it won't hurt too bad."

She shook her head again and looked back at Natalie, "Nuh-uh. I don't mind."

Darren jogged off to the front of the church to ask for their first aid kid so he could get to work, keeping a smile on his face. He didn't want to worry kids, even if he was worried about what in the world happened to them. Kids needed smiles. They deserved no less.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Natalie Brenton

"I'm sure he'll come back. Sometimes a dad has to go out for a bit, but he always comes back to his family, right?" Unless it was her dad who for all she knew didn't even exist. Haaaa orphan jokes! "That's fair. Don't worry thought sweetie...they'll get taken care of. I always find who I'm looking for." For all the 'good' that was Natalie, there was the simple fact that drew Agas to her, and the reason they got along at the most basic of levels. Sometimes, there isn't 'forgiveness' or 'a second chance'. Sometimes there is no good left in a person. Sometimes the only course of action was to snuff em out. And it was because of this that nat...took just a bit of pleasure in her job. Not nearly as much as Agas, but an eagerness to keep working and do what had to be done. "Don't worry though, okay? Me and Agas will make sure people get what they deserve...I'm so very sorry this all happened to you, love." Plucking a few more feathers she paused, wrapping an arm around the young angel and pull her into an embrace, giving her a pat on the back before continuing her work.

She didn't even bother to look at Darren, focusing on her work. "It is. But as a hero, you don't always get 'important tidbits'. Sometimes you get nothing more than someone asking you to show up. We don't get sick days, and we don't get to call in. As shitty as today is, I promise you these angels have had it a lot worse pup. So let's just focus on helping." She didn't say anything but there was something...off about Darren. He felt like his family. Oh no, guess we have to kill him now. Damn shame. Take him out back and eat his soul. Listen you fucking skeleton. He hasn't done anything wrong yet, and he could still use that gift for good. Neither of us in a good mood right now, I get it. But just not right now, got it?

Plucking another few feathers out she focused on the young girl. "Tell me about yourself, love. The good, forget any of this ever happened right now. Let's think about the good stuff. What's your name? What's it like to be a blacksmith?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

sean2.jpgAda and Sean
"I say we go now!" Ada beamed, bounding back up to her father and pulling on his hand, "It's not like we have anything else to do with the rest of the day unless that lady gets back to you about work!" She was vague on purpose, still mindful despite her excitement.

Sean stuttered a little, raising his hands again in front of his chest, "I... ah... I mean I should probably at least let my parents know first. I met your dad... maybe you can meet my parents too? You're... you're welcome to come too if you want, sir." Honestly, he could do whatever would make him happy and make him not shoot him. That was the best option. "It's not raining down in San Diego right now, but it shouldn't be for the week, really. They don't get much rain there anyway. Most of it just hits LA."

Cerberus chirped in his ear, causing him to jump as she spoke, Your guards are demanding location information again. I suggest you return home as well before they get too concerned.

Sean huffed out a little sigh, relaying the information, "Cerberus you startled me... My guards are looking for me too, of course... and they're getting overly concerned. If I went on a whole date to another city without them my whole family would freak out. They wouldn't be in the way though, I promise."

Ada shrugged, "I don't mind meeting your parents and guards and stuff. I don't mind guards following along, either." It was easy to be nonchalant when she was suitably certain she could take them on - more than that, her dad could. If he was around, she was safe regardless. "If I went off that far without telling my dad first, he'd be pretty worried too. It's understandable. Especially if you get kidnapped often... though dad trusts me to function on my own. I imagine Cerberus would actually help out your guards if the situation was dire, though?" Dual-purposed question, that. It was good to know in case he needed to disappear. They needed to get rid of his VI first.

He nodded, "Cerberus is loyal to me, no one else. She was made that way in case anyone else got manipulated. She alerts guards and stuff if I'm actually in danger, though."

"Wow! You must have tons of extra security stuff going on too! That must get annoying though," another loaded comment. Her dad would know what she was doing, though. Honestly, these were the questions she was worried about right now. Everything casual could be learned on the date.

He smiled and blushed a little at her enthusiasm, "Y-yeah I guess so... They're a pretty cool team. Personally picked and hired by my family. All but one are powered, and the one who isn't is still a pretty cool martial artist. All guys. Six of them. I think their powers are all really cool."

"Ooo! That's cool that one of them is so good to keep up with five powered guys! He must work hard. What are their powers, anyway? If you think they're cool, I bet they're cool," not a lie, but hardly her main interest. She did wonder, though, what they were like.

Sean nodded, and looked away a little, shy, "Yeah? Um... They have powers like... like one of them, his name's Raul. He's this big burly dude... though I guess all of them are pretty big to someone like me. Built kinda like your dad. Raul's power is elasticity. Not a super uncommon one, but he uses it in combat along with the... like... the environment. It's pretty neat to watch. Then there's Travis, and he's got a weird ability where he can make weapons appear from his exposed skin. Derrek can inflict pain on people with his mind, which is pretty brutal and distracting but doesn't cause any actual damage. T, he doesn't ever go by his real name, can change his size. And then there's Quinton, who's a healer/mage. They're all really nice, just serious about their job."

Aww, he was so cute giving out information so freely! It was kind of adorable. He made it so easy. She was kind of surprised her dad didn't ask anything remotely like this. Her pride in herself welled a little at the thought she was gonna get praised later for it. She gave him a little chuckle, "Wow. That's a really intimidating team of people. I'm surprised anything gets past them!"

"Heh... yeahhh... Unfortunately they can't stop everything. They do make a huge difference, though. I just feel bad that I keep them so busy," he laughed in return, "Well... can we head out? I shouldn't keep them waiting... I feel bad enough for worrying them as is."

vice.pngVice
"Alright, alright. Sorry. I won't say it like that, then. Honestly, if you don't want to own me... that's all the better for our working relationship moving forward," she said with a sigh after he was inside, giving him a polite smile as he complimented her outfit, "Thanks. In this world, often grimoires can be stepped into if you know how to do it. They are their own space, after all. I'm pleased you actually appreciate my collection. You'd adore my true library if you think this is something to admire. That said, there are quite a few books here as well. You'll not find yourself bored anytime soon. You're welcome to come here whenever you want. I quite like you, so far. You seem like a decent person... and all the more for wanting to help me... which I do appreciate. Getting unbound at some point would be best, mostly so I don't get tossed into the hands of someone less savory than yourself."

No pets were good. She would have brought any here if he had them. He was perusing her bookshelves, and in this section there happened to be a number of books on the ecology and biology of magical sea creatures in the Pacific Ocean. The shelves behind him on the other hand, held information concerning enchanting.

"Well, I suppose one question would be what would you like to look for here? I can help point out the right section for you. But on the topic of more personal questions... same to you as you asked me. Are you personable? Cooperative? And then, how would you describe the others in the grimoires you have? Am I going to get along or be at odds?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
1600772124521.pngAddison Soleil
"Nah, you're not that bad. You just can't sit still, that's all. That's a trait of most speedsters, as far as I know, not just your ADHD. You're fine. Besides, I think it's cute," Addison replied, giggling a little at how Mary reacted. She was so self-conscious in some ways. She munched on her cold slice of pizza, slowly savoring the taste of it. Honestly, sometimes a cold pizza tasted even better than a fresh pizza. It was naughty either way, definitely not the healthiest food choice. She had a tiny salad in place of a proper breakfast, though.

"I love the idea of hanging out. I could listen to you playing a game? I love the music on some of them. Just make sure you eat when you get back. I don't want you to forget and feel ill," she said, ever the motherly person, "How about you tell me what your test is on? Try explaining it and doing so without your notes, it'll help you see if you're weak in any areas."

Father Anderson.jpgFather Anderson and Darren
The little angel girl sniffled and nodded to what Natalie had to say about Father returning to them, appreciating the hug more than anything, even if it did make the tears start running. Even so, she was determined to be a strong little girl and let Darren see the wounds to her wings once he rushed back over with the medical kit. He gave her the smile of a big brother and knelt down to her level.

"Alrighty, I have some stuff to make the wound stop hurting. Are you gonna be brave for me?" he didn't even have any comment towards Nat and her thing about heroes being unprepared most times. As much as he knew that was bullshit, especially when you worked in a team... the girl in front of him was his priority now. At least he was good at something, even if it was just minor medical help.

She giggled a little and nodded, "You're silly. Angels are always super brave." The girl turned her attention to Natalie again as he numbed the areas she was working on, "My name's Andaea. Being a smith is fun, I guess. It's the station I was born into, that I was made to serve. So... I dunno. It's good. I sometimes wanna explore instead, though. My favorite part is melting down the ores and cleaning them! It turns a plain-looking rock into something valuable. My daddy can make amazing things, though. He turns the metal into weapons and armor and all sorts of things. I'm still learning that stuff. I was gonna go into basic training in a year or so, so most of my smithing training had to wait. I still know how to help around a forge, though!"

Andaea looked at Darren who was finishing up on the backs of her wings, "Why do you feel connected to Father? Most humans aren't. Some are connected like the priest mister outside, but that's more connected with specific Archangels and Seraphim than connected to Father himself. It's weird."

Darren stiffened, breath catching in his throat. He knew what that meant. He had been taught from a young age what that would mean. He let out a dry laugh, trying to play it off, "Oh? I feel connected?" It wasn't this kid's problem. He couldn't show her it bothered him. God... was that what was happening? Was that why he felt sick? Please, no... He didn't want to be like them.

"Mhm! It's small, but it's there. I think it's pretty though. It's like you're special. You're chosen to help people and stuff... which, I guess you're doing right now, huh?"

He smiled, ruffling the girl's hair, "I guess I am helping you right now, aren't I? Good point. I need to go help the others, though. You're all done, sweetie. Didn't hurt at all, right?" She shook her head and he walked off to one of the other angels that had been migrated inside. Fuck. He felt like his world was falling down around him. He felt like his heart was trying to beat out of his chest, panicking. Andaea, the girl, was right, though... he... he could do good. He could help people. He didn't want to hurt anybody right now, right? So why was he so scared? He wasn't like them. He wouldn't be like them. He couldn't. And... and Nat was here now, someone he could lean on like a sister...

Casey Kemp

Feeling Ada tug on his hand he stood upright, glancing towards Sean. "That's fine. I'll drive the lot of us to your place so we can meet your parents, I don't mind." He was rather proud of Ada for taking initiative with her lax form of questioning. There was a reason he hadn't grilled Sean into oblivion, he'd left questions for Ada to grasp at and make her own. He could have found all of this out even without asking Sean, but personal experience was good for Ada. Honestly, he would have gotten after her when they were alone if she hadn't asked anything like this. Every little tidbit that sean so trustingly deposited into their laps was shoved into his mind for safe keeping, in a nice little folder that said 'do not remove'.

Listening as he rattled off about his guards, he made a mental note to go digging and reviewing later. If there wasn't any video footage of them working, he'd have to 'inspire' them to do so at some point. "Interesting little entourage you have, Sean. Well, we'll swing you by your family so we can meet them and chat. Then me and Ada have to go home to drop my suitcase off. Then we can come back and get going. Sound fair?" It was almost silly, he was going to go drop off a gun just to go grab his entire kit for a worst case scenerio.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

He could step into grimoires here? Interesting...though probably not the best idea in all of the girl's case. The only one he could probably really go into was Sato's, and then he'd risk getting stabbed in the kidney for invading her personal space. Looking over the shelf before him, he couldn't help but feel his interest peak..this could all be interesting to read. Besides that, this would be something Thyris would take interest in. "Thyris would like this section...Oh, what would I like to look for. Hmmm...surprise me. Those who own a library tend to be able to tell what someone would enjoy reading just by looking at em in my experience. I knew this woman back home when I was a kid. She'd take one look at me and know what I needed that day...even if I didn't. Intuition, I suppose."

Standing with his hands in his pockets as he turned to face Vice he shrugged a bit. "I like to think I'm rather personable. I just get frustrated when no one wants to cooperate or focus on the task at hand. It doesn't help the universe itself finds my life comedic, which can sour my mood. I'm as cooperative as I can be at any given time. I'm just...I don't know, rather average with good intentions?" At her question about the others he inhaled through his teeth, reaching up to rub the back of his neck. "Right...Right. Hignar is one hundred percent combative and will be at odds with you, she's at odds with everything. She's obsessed with me....I'd really rather not go into that though. There's Sato who's...honestly just a giant tsundere. She's seeing Thyris, who is probably the most well put together out of everyone. There's Sophia who's....she's Sophia. She's an eldritch deity that willingly let herself get put in a grimoire because she was bored, take that as you will. Then there's pydir who's just...very cuddly. It'll be easier to explain if you meet them. Ultimately, two you may be at odds with, three you should get along fine with. I hope you have decent pain tolerance, because pydir hugs."
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mary Moon

She nodded slowly at Addison's assessment, rolling her eyes a bit. "I'm downright lovely and you know it. Just short as hell is all. But short's also an attractive feature for some people so I like to think I make it work." She mulled over the idea of Addison listening to her play a game...that might be fun. "I think I have a couple good games with some great atmospheric feel to them, so we can do that. I promise I'll eat though, honest! I don't like an empty stomach, it's gross. Honestly Addison, you're like Ma without being Ma. Hmmm...alright, so the test!" Covering her notes she paused as she tried to consider how best to start before she started a short five minute rant. Her test was on the advanced biological functions of the human body and its ability to adapt to a given situation, while also touching base on its evolutionary traits and how it's changed from its ancestors, as well as how different ethinicities had fine differences in their nature. "I think I did that pretty well!"
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

Natalie listened calmly as the young angel chatted with her about her life and what it was like as she finished up with the broken feathers. Poor girl...she'd make sure this didn't happen again, even if she had to make a mess of an example. "It's been very nice to meet you Andaea, love. Do me a favor and be the greatest at whatever you do, okay? You've got life to you like that, I can tell you'll become a master of the forge." Her eyes darted quickly to Darren as the angel dropped the bomb shell...she was hoping to talk to him about that alone later...oh well, shit. "She's right, you know. You're a natural at helping." Standing upright she offered Andaea a quick smile. "I have to help the others, but my job with you is done, okay? It's been very nice to meet you, and I enjoy talking with you." Flashing her usual confident smile she hurried off to get started on another angel. She'd talk to Darren later, but work came first.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1600786166881.pngSean, Ada, and some very annoyed guards
"Oh! Yeah of course. Sounds great," Sean said, visibly having relaxed some now that he didn't feel like he was gonna get shot anymore. He stuck close to Ada and was chatting with her with enthusiasm the whole ride to his parents' house about the books she had checked out and the books that he had checked out, which then got into a whole conversation about the history of martial arts, which Sean was surprisingly well-versed in, but unsurprisingly Ada was more well-versed in... and before they knew it, they had arrived.

Not a minute after they had exited the vehicle, Sean had a very angry guard, followed by five others, storm up to him.

"M-M-Mister Keeler! Hi! Uh...," was all Sean could get out before he was shouted at.

"You know how reckless that is and how much we all HATE it when you use your damned powers on us to sneak off, Sean! It is irresponsible and beyond immature!" he shouted at the boy, and Sean looked like he wanted to gain the ability to become a mole so he could hide, "Look. I get that you wanted to go see some girl, you're a teenage boy, it's about time you started dating, but God... bring us with! It's not like I give a damn what you do. It's not like I interrupt you at the library. We're there for your safety! You know how many things could have gone wrong! What if it was a ruse to get ahold of you?"

Sean squirmed under such scrutiny, "I... I'm sorry... Um... This is Ada and her dad... I went to go meet them, and then I wanted them to meet you guys... and my family."

Mister Keeler sighed and finally turned his attention to the two, "Hi. We're his guards. I'm Mr. Keeler. This is Raul, Travis, Derrek, T, and Quinton. Nice to meet you. Sean here isn't supposed to run off without us, but he does so often enough it's gonna give me early greys." He looked them both up and down - honestly, all of them were - and sighed again before turning and motioning to the front door of the mansion of a house, "Go ahead. His parents are inside right now. Raul, Quinton, put on some tea for these two, would you?"

The two mentioned headed off inside ahead of the group, jogging off after just a quick nod.

Keeler fell in step with Casey as he let the kids go first, ever keeping Sean in his sight, "What's your name? You look familiar."

Inside, Lauren, Sean's mom, looked relieved to see him, but neither of his parents actually displayed much concern. Timothy had his hands in his pockets and spoke without taking his eyes off of Ada, his ice blue eyes piercing in a disturbing way, "Well hi there. Didn't expect guests."

Ada smiled wide, "Sean and I are going to go on a date! He wanted me to meet you guys first though, so, nice to meet you! My name is Ada. I've seen you guys on TV before. You both do activist work, right? So cool! It's so important that you guys are fighting for supers."

Lauren chuckled, smiling back at Ada, "Well it's nice to see he's found someone he's interested in that stays up to date with current events. Do you go to any rallies or protests yourself?"

"Oh not really, miss. I watch them, but my dad would get worried if I went to something like that. I was only four when the protest happened that the OA attacked, but it really stuck with him. I don't mind too much. Besides, people like you do the important work, right?" Ada lied like it was breathing, not missing a beat.

"People like you are important to have there, though," Timothy returned with a smirk, "So, Ada's dad, are you gonna chaperone your little girl or would you like me to?"

1600789691107.png
Raul - Elasticity
1600788662540.png

Travis - Weapons from exposed skin
1600788929278.png

Derrek - Pain
1600789373426.png

T - Size changing
1600789582420.png

Quinton - Healer/mage
1600788703856.png

Mister Keeler - Martial artist, non-powered, head guard
1600787172806.png

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Axiom wanted to stop Beast from crushing the young man even further but he was too late. Before he knew it, Beast was smashing the young man into the ground like an angry child furiously wailing its ragdoll around. Beast eventually halted his tantrum before picking up a dead animal and began to tearing it apart. Axiom wasn't so much unnerved by the sight, though did feel a tad uneasy. It could've been worse. He could be eating people....Which might not be out of the question for Beast. As Beast is gorging away at its meal, Axiom slips on by and carefully drags the young man by the ankles away from Beast. Once he's a considerable distance away, he gets on his knees and leans over, gently pressing his head against the young man's heart. Axioms waits a few seconds before he hears a heartbeat and takes a sighs of relief. He leans back and and presses his earpiece "All-see, this is Axiom. Come in, All-see." Axiom waits several seconds in anticipation

"This is All-see. Go ahead."

"We have an injured POV here. He needs severe and immediate medical attention now."

"What of the tunnel? Did you investigate?"

Axiom narrows his eyes, as if appalled that they had the audacity to ask them that ".......Not yet.......If you recall, there was a delay in those plans...."

"We know. That's why Beast's handler is there to calm him down. You were the diversion until she got there. Now that she is, you can focus. Too much time has been wasted. Proceed with the primary objective. We'll drop by to retrieve and attend the POV."

"Understood." Axiom stands to his feet and walks over to Tabby "Thank you for arriving when you did. I told All-see about the POV over there, they'll be on their way to pick him up and provide medical assistance. If you have it taken care of up here, I'll go investigate the tunnel." Axiom proceeds towards the cleared tunnel entrance and hops down into it. The lights on his armor illuminating his path as he ventures into it
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Eden Tanner
Gas Station Robbery

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon / Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Eden didn’t like the growing bubble of psychic power. She also didn’t like the layout of this part of town. There were not easily accessible roofs to give her a decent vantage point. Still, she did her best. And she stayed plenty far away from the out of control telekinetic. And out of the way of the vengeful, holy warrior that was now slashing at the force bubble. She didn’t think she was necessary at this point of the game. Not that she would use that as a cop out. But she might. After all, she was a sniper with superpowered senses. She could shoot regular lethal bullets and she could track a villian. But she was not good for combat. This, this big bubble of energy and a woman wielding a sword, this was combat. She was not going to risk her neck. Besides, where she was situated was fine. She could get in a decent shot if she saw an opening. Not sure she would need to though, given that the hero was already handling the situation.

Truthfully, Eden didn’t know why she was still there. She wasn’t necessary to apprehend this villain. She hadn’t even done anything. She’d saved the hostage, okay that was fine. But really, she was a sorry excuse for a vigilante; let alone a hero. The thought frustrated her but also, she didn’t like the idea of risking her life anyway. It was enough that she would be a sniper and take out criminals around her area. Stopping the lowlife street thugs was her forte, from stories up and buildings away. This. This was not her forte. And she was unsure why she stayed. But deep down she knew she was sick of being afraid of situations like this. And she knew she wanted to do more than snipe the lowlifes around her apartment complex. She wanted to be a part of the Powered Police. She wanted people to know who she was. She wanted an actual Super Hero Alias, beyond the one she had given herself in her head.

So as Silverblade brought her unadorned blade down hard on the telekinetic shell around the villain, Eden set her sights and waited for an opening. And vowed that if she didn’t die she would go speak with the hero. Perhaps the woman would give her some advice or something. Who knew, Eden didn’t. She wanted options though, she was ready!

Xiard and scile

"Good morning this is channel seven emergency broadcast! We are flying near the LA stadium where it appears a battle between two unknown assailants is taking place! Fromour cameras it appears to be a black swordsman and a demon with golden arms! It is unknown about the identity of either of these individuals however!" the news reporter said shakily clinging to the handles in the helicopter. "damnit rick! cant you get us closer!?" the reporter asked the pilot as she covered her face from the wind. "Are you crazy Megan? asking me to Fly any closer is like going straight into a tornado! debri and wind is everywhere!!" the pilot yelled before quickly moving the helicopter out of the way of a flying chunk of concrete. "we cant get any closer. were gonna have to keep reporting from here!" the pilot yelled

Scile and xiards clash continued on the ground getting only more intense. Xiard parrying and dodging punches as scile tanked and punched his slashes. It seemed the two were nearly equal in strength. "COME ON THEN. LETS FINISH THIS!" scile said laughing as she closed her eyes. "BRILLIANT" She yelled loudly as she began to focus her energy, and in that moment, her right arm shined brighter then that of the sun, completely engulfing the stadium in light visible from space. At the same time Xiard charged scile. His sword engulfed in a darkness that no light could illuminate and before the watchers eyes, the blade and fist clashed and an explosion of darkness and light swirling and engulfing the stadium. tearing it to shreds as air seemed to bend and flex near the clash. finally, the two slipped. sciles fist whizzing past as the blade slashed down, digging into her skin and cutting through, not from sharpness but due to the sheer strength of the slash. down to Sciles abdomen the blade went until sciles fist collided with xiards chest. and in that moment. all the light vanished faster then it had appears. leaving a swirling dome of darkness.
"BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZE" The voice pierced the darkness letting all in nearly a mile radius hear it. and from that darkness emerged a shining golden tornado, consuming the darkness as it rose ever higher to the sky, surpassing the skyscrapers as cracks appeared in the very air and space itself around the tornado the noise of glass shattering echoing throught as it kept rising. Xiard caught at the brunt of the tornado could feel his armor disintegrating around him. His eyes blinded by the golden light assaulting him. And not before long, the tornado collided into the clouds splitting them apart and revealing the sun. only allowing the golden spiral to glitter ever more beautifully as it it finally dissipated. leaving xiard alone in the sky armor less as he stared at the wide open bright blue sky. only to come crashing down. cratering into the ground unconscious and charred. Scile was left barely standing, her entire right body is burnt to a crisp as theres barely any flesh left on her right arm. "that was..... a brilliant battle." she said ripping the sword out of her abode and stabbing it into the ground, thus. The light dulled in her eyes, She had become unconscious still standing. Her muscles locking in place, refusing to let her fall.

Last edited:
Viona

Viona jumped a bit when she heard mothers proposal. "ya sure? i mean, wont some of the scientist get angry if they learned i left the suit?" viona asked. Sure she would love to get out of the suit. but.... well, mother was offering to take her to a safe place first. When was the last time she actually breathed outside air. not filtered through machines... when did she last smell a flower in its actuality. not simply an extracted scent. Shaking some at the thought. "i-if it wouldnt be too much trouble mother. That would be lovely." she said overly polite. She was too ecstatic at the thought of being in nature without the suit on. "id ask to go in a lake. but i wouldnt want to harm the fishes as well.... maybe a sulfur hotspring? but those are nowhere nearby. " he rhead was racing at possibilities of what to do when she was out of the armor now. Corvus had flipped a switch in vionas head. the switch that loved nature and everything about it. Good luck corvus

"honestly this happens anytime i come here" shard admitted to zuzu as he kept the shield up. That was until Seiva rolled a nat 20 on charisma checks. Etern fell to the ground groaning some as archus blushed and teleported away. Fearing the threats of molestation from Seiva. "Id be happy to! ooh i better go polish this baby!" Nilotep chimed running into the castle eager to show off her toy. "I guess you can." thrisis said hiding ehr smile as she was happy her animals were being praised. All in all, except for loki she had succesfully gotten rid of all of them. "I see when I am at an impass. But very well. a deal then? a handshake for her safety." loki said cutting one of his own hands off and tossing it to Seiva. "or will you not count this as touching you?" he asked smirking.
latest (5).png
Diadem sat calmy upon his throne. A book floating infront of him as he read it. Lining the walls of his throne room was disciples of sizes races and species, chanting. It seemed to be in demon tounge, it was a practice for them to strengthen their lungs. One could not recite spells with a hoarse throat. So this was practice to keep their voice strong over long periods of time. Closing his book he sighed. "It seems a collared Hound has made its way to my presence. VEry well, I shall allow an audience." He grabbed his cane and tapped it agaisnt the floor. the large doors opening revealing the throne room. And upon its chair. Sat Diadem, Lord Of Blood, slayer of Seraphims, Collector of magic, and headmaster of the diadem magic school. "to what do I owe the pleasure of Lady death sending a collared dog to my door step?" Diadem asked the reaper, remaining ever calm, there was no malice in his voice. This was simply the truth to him.

4a29559450eb8fa0a2b2abfc7422a0bd (1).png

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Casey Kemp

The ride to Sean's place wasn't exactly eventful, just the two kids talking back and forth the ride there. When they finally got out of the car, it seemed Sean's welcoming party had arrived...lovely. Giving a small nod towards Keeler after he was finally addressed, Casey's voice replied. Smooth, calm, and richly firm. "Pleasure to meet you." Once they were starting towards the door, he had the misfortune of having Keeler fall into step beside him...goddammit. Keeler's question wasn't one he was wholly unused to at this point in his life, he'd been thrown through the ringer so many damn times it took a lot to bother him. As such, he kept his stoic poker face going, even if it did cause him to twitch internally just a bit. This guard knew what he was doing, he'd have to keep an eye on him. Why the hell did Ada have to get asked out by what was going to be a massive fucking thorn in his side? "Names Casey. Not sure why I look familiar honestly, Keeler. Might've seen me while I was at Walmart picking up groceries recently. Other than that, can you tell me where you might have seen me? Jog my memory perhaps?"

It was offering a false truth, and a deflection. He had gone to Walmart recently because Ada wanted cereal and he needed to pick up coffee. But by offering the fact he couldn't think of a meaningful place where he'd been, he'd be putting the ball back in Keelers court. He could either say he was mistaken or offer something insightful that he knew...just a bit more than he should. Entering the home, he couldn't help but notice Seans father looking Ada up and down like a starved hound eyeing up a steak. And in the span of point five seconds, Casey had already figured out fourteen ways he could make Timotyh disappear off the face of the planet and out of everyone's mind. "Casey, please. Call me that. I'll be chaperoning their date, I've got nothing going on today. I'm sure you and your wife have a very busy schedule." Casey kept his gaze on Timothy the entire time...and if looks could kill, the old man would have withered away to dust. "Ada and I have to run back home quickly to handle a few things, but we'll be back shortly to take Sean out on their date."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne and Dietrich~
Streets of L.A.

1600823299336.png "Ai-!" Her daughter's name was cut off with a grunt as Aia plowed into Anne. They lost their balance, but luckily the alien still had the foresight to cushion her mother's fragile human head. Immediately the doctor's arms wrapped tightly around the girl as she blubbered reassurances to the crying alien. "Don't do that ever again, don't ever do that ever again." Aia was safe. She hadn't been kidnapped, or killed, or worse. Aia was safe. Anne almost couldn't believe it. In retrospect it wasn't even that long since she woke up to their missing girl, but it was an eternity in her mind. Squeezing the alien tighter, Anne thanked anything and everything that Aia was back in her arms safe and sound. A part of her wanted to be mad and scold her daughter, but her relief was too strong. Even if she was angry, she wouldn't have had the heart to scold Aia when she looked as distraught as Anne had felt. Instead, she nuzzled her daughter close and vowed to spend the rest of the day relaxing after such a stressful event. "It's OK, everything's OK..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1600823318184.png The 'daughter' was more monster than child. Dietrich had seen a lot in his days so he could tell from the way this thing carried itself, it was never human. Glancing at Morgan, he could see a thousand different theories flash through her mind. Judging by her expression, this was one of the rare moments that the genius couldn't solve the puzzle presented to her. Interesting. This duo were definitely worth it though, as Morgan approached the mother and daughter still entangled on the ground. At his ward's words, Anne immediately switched her and the creature's positions; draping her body over the snake-like creature as if to protect it. It was instinct. A fear that they'd do something to her precious 'daughter'.

Shame crossed over the doctor's features as the tension drained from her body. "Sorry," she mumbled, "I just...I don't want anyone to take her away..." Ah, that makes sense. Children were always the target of kidnappings for military purposes; even before the first appearance of powers in a human. It was simple in theory. Kidnap a impressionable child and mold them into a living weapon to use.

It was disgusting.

For the first time, Dietrich felt a connection with Anne. Despite being a child herself, the good doctor had recognized Aia as someone more vulnerable than herself and had decided to protect her. Humans really are too kind for their own good. Morgan was no exception. Even now he could see the compassion hidden behind the overwhelming curiosity in her eyes. He wondered if she was jealous seeing this display of familial love. While he may not have had a father as a child, he had a mother. A mother's love was an irreplaceable treasure that Morgan never got to experience herself. Would someone who had never felt it long for it? Or would her lack of experience make it seem trivial? He hoped that she didn't ponder it too much. Longing for something you could never have was too painful.

For now, they needed to deal with this other variable. Anne’s creature had apparently made a friend as well. The boy in front of them was nothing more than that. A shy, stammering boy. Hardly a threat or anything to worry about. Still, his presence might throw a wrench in their plans. He glanced at Morgan to gauge her reaction and subsequent decision. The doctor was already addressing the newcomer with a tinge of gratitude in her voice. “You we’re taking care of Aia? That’s...Thank you. Thank you so much.”
((Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia, ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan, @Twenty1stTechno’s Trevor))

Last edited:
Death's Chill
Floating through the castle in silence, the reaper knight finally found the throne room. It was noisy from all the chanting, though it didn't really faze her. Being noticed, she willed herself back into existence, on full display for those who could not see her naturally while invisible. "Greetings, Diadem Lucrum. I arrived with your son and his company, including Seiva Kerona Meldain, though...your zealous worshippers attacked them as they knocked on your door. I was ignored, so I proceeded onward. Lady Death has sent me in her stead to look into a disturbance in the natural order. Many souls have gone missing without a trace...and as you should know, such a disturbance bodes ill for all realms at large. Your son was a bit more...venomous when I tried to explain this. It is of no consequence. His wife, Zuzuliian was resurrected, and so to was your wife Chrysalia Lucrum. In order to remedy this disturbance, I must know where she may have gone. A group known as the Occard Alliance is presumed responsible, yet I know not how yet. Your wife lives, though I know not where she may have gone. I would request your aid in addressing this...tactfully. I have no interest in collecting the souls that have been lost. If you can help us find her without incurring needless destruction, she will most certainly be returned to you." The reapers hood tilted a bit as if she was quirking her head in thought. "Your son suspected you would level the city in a rage. I would advise against this...if for nothing more than the fact that doing so could bring harm upon her without your intention."
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

vice.pngVice
Vice gave a long mmmm to his comments and explanation of himself and the others, and beyond that, him asking for her to suggest a section to him. He was clearly a magic caster, a summoner... what would he like? She obviously didn't know him well, barely knew his first name... hmm. She chuckled, leading him to another section, "I do enjoy a good hug. I don't think she'll be able to crush me anytime soon. I'll make sure to hug her back just as hard."

With a wave of her hand at a new bookcase they had arrived at, she gave him another smile, "Here we are. Books on all sorts of binding rituals. Since you're interested in such things and more specifically unbinding, then perhaps they'll be of use to you. If this were my full library, I'd say check them out, but alas you'll have to stay here if you want to read them... or I suppose I may be able to display the text of a book on my grimoire's pages? I'm not sure. I've never tried that."

"Let's not sit here and do that for now, though, just note the location in your mind. While you're doing your research and reading, pleasure, or otherwise, I probably won't be interacting with you much. I don't like to interrupt people while they read... and I'm often reading or planning things, myself," she explained, glancing over titles with a small sigh before she plucked one from the shelves, "The Efficacy of Summoning Magic in Relation to Interpersonal Clashing... a dry read, for sure, but perhaps useful to you if the others are as incompatible as you said."

She chuckled at her own jest and moved on, walking right up to a wall at the front edge of the library, "Now then... let's see if I can do this... It'll be a bit bland at first, but if I'm going to be stuck with you and the others for a while..." Vice was talking to herself now and placed both palms against the wall. There were no flashy lights or sounds, nothing grand, but as a bead of sweat dripped from her brow, a door melded out from the wall like a liquid. Her breath came out in a short huff like a laugh, and she opened the new door to show off a rather bland, blank room within it.

"I'll... add furnishings later," she muttered, moving into the room with one hand in her pocket, "That took more out of me than I expected... damned grimoire..." It had no features to speak of, just white walls, floor, and ceiling, with a single door where they had come from. Vice took a look at James, then sighed and looked at the wall opposite her own, new, door. She watched as a band of glitch-like shadow seeped out from under James's feet and slithered to the other wall. It too made the form of a door. This one was now connected to Pydir's grimoire, though she knew nothing of the space.

"The one who likes hugs," she teased, trying to hide her wheezing breath, "Go ahead and try it out."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back