• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
62faac751fa2b98a5be0adac1ceacad7-jpg.685184
AXIOM

Axiom is sent rolling across the ground and into several building debris. He finally comes to a stop and rest on his back. He takes a few deep breathes before opening his eyes and sees Beast fly up into the air. He then turns his head to sees a glimpse of several homeless folk, hiding under some of the debris looking back at him. Axiom felt a pang of sadness. He knew the look in their eyes: Fear. He couldn't blame them, he was little scared right now too. But unlike them, he can do something about that fear where they can't. And to him, it was his responsibility to make their fears to go away. Axiom slowly gets up to his feet "You all need to get out of here while they're up in the clouds...If their fight continues...This entire place could collapse...So I'm telling you all right now to save yourselves while you have the chance..." He warns them, prompting them to come out of their cover and run deeper in-land. Axiom takes a deep breath and heads back over to where he found the tail pipe. He balls his hands into fists as they're engulfed with blue fire entangled with electricity. He begins to punch his way into the debris to clear himself a patch inside the tunnel.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

7AE26728-35A4-40EB-B333-7D230733086A.jpegAda
“Mmmm... no, you’re right. I’ll change into something a bit more comfortable. Though I could just wear boy shorts underneathe,” she mumbled to herself as she walked away about how silly it was to care when bikinis and other swimwear showed way more.

Ada returned after a couple more minutes in a much more casual outfit, and once again did a little twirl for her dad. “Better?” She asked, smiling, “It’s more comfy. Less flashy. Won’t draw as much attention. Just normal clothes.”

She leaned against the doorframe, “So how do you wanna do this? Do you wanna meet him alone or with me in the room too?”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Casey Kemp

Watching Ada walk off he decided to wait in place for her to return, hand in his pocket. When she returned he looked her over again, giving a slight smile. "Better. Less flashy is usually the best route. Besides, when you're dressed more relaxed, people are able to focus more on you instead of the outfit. Let's them know you're beautiful without even trying. Besides, I think you look great...God your growing up fast. Makes me feel old." He gave a soft laugh, walking over to her and pulling her into a half hug. "You're welcome to stay in the room too. I'm not going to shoot him if that's your concern. I am however going to give him a thorough questioning, and possibly scare him stupid. For many reasons, I'm sure you could pick at least three and be right." He looked down at his daughter, patting her on the shoulder and starting forward again. "You set? Grab an umbrella, it's probably still pouring outside."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ada Kemp
“Makes you feel old cuz you are old!” Ada teased, grinning wide, “Just an oooooold merc! But you’re a merc that can kick anybody’s butt, and a merc I would watch kick butt any day. Like how lucky am I that my dad’s a badass?”

There were some things made more difficult thanks to this life in the shadows, some things far stricter. She had never been to a school, for instance. They moved around too much, and it’d be too much of a risk. She couldn’t have anybody over to the house - wherever they were at the time. It’d be too much of a risk. She wasn’t allowed to go out without a weapon. Just stuff like that. But still... she considered herself pretty lucky. She had seen the depraved sorry sort that hired them sometimes. Any of those people could have been her parents. One almost was, and though she had thought from time to time that she wished she could have gotten to know her blood parents... she was happy they got killed. If dad did it, it was because they deserved it

“Bah. If you were gonna shoot him then we have bigger worries than me being upset. I’m curious to watch your railing him and curious to see how he answers. You’re pretty good at telling if someone is lying or not though, so I’m not too worried about that. Anyway, an umbrella would probably be a good idea, yeah. Stormy weather out today - and here I thought I wasn’t gonna end up going out in it,” she hugged him back with the same side-hug and moved forward with him, snatching up an umbrella before they left the house.

It was indeed still raining out, thunder crashing overhead drowning out the distant sounds of a battle. She looked in the direction of the sounds, mildly interested, but turned back to her dad as she held her umbrella over her head, “Be careful driving. People are stupid in the rain. I’d hate to have some idiot make a mess on the hood.” She was joking, of course, her sense of humor rather dark, considering their line of work.

Casey Kemp

He gave a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "I'm not that old dammit. Still young enough to get work done, aren't I? I don't know, how lucky you are is entirely up to your opinion. We've got ups and downs with our lifestyle, I'm sure." Once the hug was broken he started towards the entrance, adjusting his grip on the suitcase. "All comes with the territory on when I can catch a lie. People have subtle cues, things they don't even know they're doing. You've got em, but with enough practice, you'll break out of em. It's all very subtle things that people miss if they're not looking for, and aren't aware that they're doing."

Once they were above ground and the hideout had been sealed off, Casey cast a glance in the direction of the sounds of battle, frowning a bit. Whatever the hell was going on over there sounded like it wasn't a game of slap and tickle, but again it wasn't his problem. "People can't drive in the rain, especially in L.A it seems. I'll be careful. Let me go get a car." Moving over towards the ruined rubble of another building he worked around in it for a few minutes before finding the hidden keypad. An automated garage door slid open, moving rubble with it. Five minutes passed, and Casey had pulled out in a black sedan, giving a nod towards Ada. "Hop in." Everything they had for this hideout was hidden, you couldn't park a car in the middle of this crater without drawing attention after all. Couldn't live out here either...but if you used the rubble itself as your home, no one was that anal to look. Nothing lived here anymore, and he'd use that fact to his own advantage.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

dc541d90bb4150a53fad7efce28c2e10.jpg
Sirius
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

There minds where on the same thought process. She knew she shouldn’t stay like this, nuzzled and entwined in the arms of this angel. They had something to do, Sirius needed to get the coin for her and yet. There they still lay holding one another like this was all they had to do today. The gentle sensation of a hand running through her hair and holding the back of her head didn’t help the situation one bit as her arms gently tightened around Zaphkiel. Refusing to let go of her now as she took deep gentle breaths.

Sirius figured this moment was fleeting. This sensation of being loved and held like this. Zaphkiel was an angel and more importantly an angel that had to do something. She knew not what would happen when they completed the task and reserved herself to enjoy this feeling for as long as possible. Slowly Sirius turned her gaze upwards towards Zaphkiel’s to see a smile, soft and gentle gazing back down at her. She couldn’t help but stare with want. No one had smiled like that towards her before, that smile that looked as if it was made by love. It was something she had craved for, a moment she had only dreamed about in the numerous nights alone.

What brought her out of her thoughts was the sweet sound of Zaph’s voice. Talking on what a softie she was. It only made the blush grow a little as she stared up into the beautiful silver of her eyes before speaking. “No one has ever looked at me that way. Or held me like this. I guess you could say..... you brought it out of me.” Sirius said to Zaphkiel in a soft thankful and almost even loving tone as she let more of the moment set in. It was comfy and despite her ever lasting heat, the warmth of Zaphkiels body against hers was something Sirius had never felt. She didn’t want it to end, the gentle warmth of her body that seemed to overpower the destructive heat of her own. Sirius didn’t know how to explain the feeling but She knew that She didn’t want it to end.​

Last edited:
James

Well...today could certainly be going better. Wandering through the stormy streets of L.A, he couldn't help but notice people seemed to outright ignore him despite his attire. Then again...hero universe, he probably just looked normal. He had checked his pockets to ensure his wallet was still with him, as well as his phone. Lucky him, they both were! He had updated his phone for the location and timezone and checked his wallet only to find...a hero license? If he had to place bets, whoever had brought him here had decided he should start with the license...did this make him a hero then? How did this shit work anyways? There had to be someone he could ask right? He just had to find someone.

Ducking into an alleyway he reached into his satchel, a hand finding another Grimoire. Pulling it out to find it was Thyris' own he gave a soft sigh...well, that made Hignar the last one he'd be summoning. He'd deal with the consequences later, Thyris deserved a chance to talk. Flipping open the book he rested a hand above the pages. "Invocation, The Great Leviathan."
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png
636284778147745819.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten (Wanted to read this as well)

Viona

Viona let out a little chuckle as she listened to the mans story. To think her mother had these Aqauntainces. "I should really ask you for more stories" she said to her mother as she watched her work. "Ah. If its about taste for medicine and stuff. Some advice would be ti keep a lemon slice pressed agaisnt your tounge for a minute before hand. Or use honey." She explained happily. These were little tricks she learned to deal with the constant medicine doctors and scientists gave her. "Id offer her my bath. But its more of a decontamination room where your blasted on all sides by chemicals then water. Kind sucks to be honest" she explained yawning a bit. The rain made her tired pretty often. She looked out a window at the thunderstorm. When was the last time she actually felt rain on her skin.... let alone the chilly coldness of the wind blowing her hair. She gave a small sigh as she simply stared out the window.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten (ill color it later)

Corvus

"I think I do have some honey, one moment." Reaching into her bag she produced a very small vial, practically dropping it into Anthony's free hand. "This should help with the aftertaste. I know it's wretched, but medicine doesn't always taste good." Empty sockets of the mask regarded Anthony as she gave a small chuckle, turning her attention to prepping his arm for blood drawing. "A date you say? Good sir, I'm flattered, but is it not improper for the doctor to date the patient she treats? And you should hush about the bloodletting, we've only done it twice. It helped, did it not, if only to an extent?"

Once the band was wrapped around Anthony's arm and his skin had been cleaned she slipped the needle into a vein, starting to draw his blood. "I assure you Viona, there are plenty of stories to tell, all you must do is ask. No one has seen my face, not in a very long time. I have my reasons...one being I do not wish to be flocked by the media. My work is good, but my attire deters them, and for that I am grateful." Another soft laugh escaped her as Anthony brought up the incident of when he had walked in on her. "My dear sir, I am not ashamed of my body, quite the opposite if anything. I am a doctor, the body is no longer sexualized. However, it is a habit to keep my screen up, it deters people from creeping up on me that may seek me harm, or wish to act amorally. I don't even think of it anymore, to be honest." After filling a few vials with blood, she carefully went through the routine of pulling the needle away and stowing it away for cleaning later. Tapping her index finger at Anthonys arm, she coaxed his body to close up the small prick wound, urging flesh to knit together and blood to clot up correctly. There was no need for a bandaid with this doctor.

Turning her attention to Viona she tilted her head a bit, thinking. "Viona...would you like to walk with me later? Somewhere away from people, so you may leave the suit for a bit? I know it must be quite stifling. You know you're of no risk to me, after all."
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thyris

With a blowing glue light emerging from the book. It seemed the very rain coiled around blocking the view from anyone as thyris materialized into the world. Blinking some. She felt the rain agaisnt her skin before looking up and tasting it. Turning to jame. She sighed, "another world huh? This rain tastes different...." she complained as she looked outside the alley. "So... demon lord? Dragons, evil king? What problem do we have to solve?" She continued asking as she dried james extracting all the water from his clothes. She didnt mind being soaking wet. It felt amazing to be in water again, and to feel magic flowing through her body? For a beast that was once divine. It felt as if she had been given a missing puzzle piece she had dropped. She didnt necessarily mind this summoning. But she knew James did.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ada and Sean
Ada tucked herself into the car as she closed her umbrella in a smooth motion. The flick of movement to get the rain off the umbrella was like a snap, blurring and fast before she tucked it onto the back seat. She yawned big and rested her head back on the chair for the ride, “I wonder how he’ll react to you.”

Sean was already at the hotel, pacing back and forth in the hallway on his phone, talking to his VI. It didn’t give any decent responses. It wasn’t an AI, after all. It couldn’t actually relate with him or emote aside from what it was programmed for. He was so nervous. He hardly thought asking an interesting girl out would result in all this. What sort of job did her dad have that he hacked into Cerberus??? Sean thunked his head into the wall lightly. Ugh. He was so in over his head already.

He was already in the room before they got there, after all he said the staff would tell him where to go. He was twiddling his fingers and fidgeting in one of the chairs of the room. He practically shot up though when they finally got there.

Sean bowed in half, “H-hello, um, sir. It’s nice to meet you.”

Ada looked away, blushing at the boy as he stood back up straight.

“I’m so sorry about Cerberus,” he continued, flapping a bit, “I didn’t expect anyone to try breaking in, and if I was asked I probably would have said yes. She just was doing her job. Most people can’t even get as far as you did. So she alerted me. I’m sorry she hacked into your microphone and stuff.”

Casey Kemp

"Curious how he'll act as well, honestly." The drive to the hotel wasn't really talkative, the father more focused on getting there than living in the moment right now. Once they arrived at the hotel he grabbed the briefcase again, heading inside with Ada at his side. Heading towards the correct room he gave two courtesy knows before opening up, giving a nod in the direction of Sean. "Take a seat, alright?" There was no 'nice to meet you', no 'hello, how're you doing'. No, Casey was here strictly on business, and he'd make that known. Once both he and Ada had walked inside he shut and locked up the door, taking a seat in one of the hotel chairs and setting the suitcase at his side.

"Don't worry about it, it won't be happening again." Of that he was certain, he was going to do some improvements on his tech to prevent that from ever happening again. Popping open the briefcase as it lay on it's side, he calmly starting to pull parts from the rifle out, starting to assemble it calmly, like a child put together a lego set. "Sean, right? I'm Ada's father. I'm just going to ask you some questions, get a feel for you. Let's start with a simple one, what are your intentions with Ada?" The way he spoke held a certainty to it, like he knew the answer he was going to get, or at least the answer he should be getting. His cold gaze was focused on Sean, he didn't even have to pay attention to the rifle parts as he started to put it together. "Follow up question. Tell me about yourself and why exactly you have a VI as your best friend."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ada and Sean
“I... um... alright,” he stuttered, plopping back down into the chair. He was intimidating... geezus... He even locked the door. He had a gun too. What was this person and what the hell did he get himself into? He wanted to ask questions, but the man made it clear he wasn’t going to give him a chance just yet.

Ada was just sitting near to her father and watching. She had nothing to add to the conversation.

“Y-yes. My name’s Sean. I... um... my intentions? I just... I just wanted to take her on a date. I like her. She’s... she’s really cute and she’s strong and she likes to read and I want to know more about her.“

Then came the question he was dreading a bit... The VI. He squirmed, “That’s... it’s because of my powers. To keep people from accessing information on me. I have guards too, though I usually ditch them. I did today. I thought since... you got into Cerberus... you probably wouldn’t want guards involved.”

Sean sighed, “My powers are problematic. My parents are activists, but I’m not close with them. Never have been. My father is... questionable. He and my mother didn’t have a typical relationship. That said, their powers aren’t very strong. They’re a lot of talk. I’ll show you mine, though. It’s gotten me kidnapped before, unfortunately.”

He breathed out slowly and let his energy fill the room. It changed the appearance of everything around them. Images of different possibilities numbered in the thousands, tiny snippets like video. In the middle of the room a thick river of glowing blue energy raged from one side to the other and into the distance.

“The farther ahead I go, the harder it is to predict what will happen. There are so many different possibilities. Take this for example,” he said and plucked an image from the air, then widened it so it sat like a television. It showed Casey shooting Sean square in the forehead, calm as could be. Despite the video, Sean didn’t seem bothered, “This is a possibility, but an extremely unlikely one. If I look hard enough there’s always some possibility where I die. Startling at first, but you get used to it.”

The image disappeared and he motioned to the river, “I can alter things a bit too, but it’s risky. You have to calculate a lot of statistics, and even then there’s the chance that things won’t go how you expect. You can feel the energy too, since I have it active. It’s intense, right?”

B845A4D9-1E3E-40ED-A02C-769CF7F9305B.jpegChrysalia Lucrum
She wasn’t as robust as other demons. As delicate and petite as she looked, she physically matched it. She was always getting cut and bruised, bleeding from such silly little wounds. She always healed, though. Her healing was always impressive. She was tortured and played with a bit like a little doll - no different from how she grew up in Hell before her husband brought her in. The Occard Alliance. That’s what they called themselves, a no name ragtag band of misfits that came together to try to change things. She didn’t care about them or their goal. Her only worry right now was getting out and away.

She had no saviour but herself, and so she simply convinced them to let her go. It began with loosening her bindings, convincing them she was useless. Once she was free to walk around, making them food and drink, she simply drugged them and sliced their throats so cleanly their heads resembled a pez dispenser. Child’s play.

The long drudge through tunnels was hard and tiring, and she had doubled back so many times she had no idea where she was or had even come from by the end of it. With a stroke of luck, however, she found an exit. This one, it seemed, was in an unassuming apartment that looked as though some form of a battle had taken place inside recently. All the furniture was pushed aside like some sort of fighting ring.

It was raining outside. From the energy alone she knew it wasn’t Hell, but instead Earth - the land of cute little bugs. By the looks of things outside the window, technology had changed as well. She surmised that it had been quite a few years since she last saw her husband... and... she had died.

Her fingertips touched the glass as she gave the rain a sad smile, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t be a mother to you... my sweet little child...” He was grown now, she was sure of it. Humans didn’t advance that quickly. Thousands of years had likely passed. Chrysalia stepped out into the rain to hide her tears from the world and herself. What now?

She watched a car pass by and screamed through a puddle, drenching her with icy water.

Ah. That was how this day would be. Regardless, she considered, looking back at the abode, she had to get far away from the tunnels before someone noticed the dead.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

D1B43AC7-689A-411D-A638-1AE01D91C738.pngThe Crater
Unfortunately for the boy, the last thing he expected was for the beast to rocket so high into the sky. He was caught in the massive paw of the beast in an instant. To say his life flashed before his eyes would be an understatement - what could have been his future did as well. All the things he wanted to accomplish. The people he would disappoint by dying.

“P-please!! Don’t kill me!” he screamed, begging the beast however futilely as he clawed at the giant hand, “I don’t wanna die! Please!”

At the same time, Axiom managed to break his way through the rubble and into a thin tunnel. It had no light sources, and looked like it was carved into the dirt itself. There was no stone or wood to hold it up that man had put there. It only went one way; towards downtown. There was no end in sight to it, however. The straight pathway went on for hundreds of feet until it was nothing but darkness in the distance.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

~Enzo~
Hotel

F5326135-8466-4D27-8065-9BE88F2BECD6.jpeg Declining the cigarette, Enzo raised a brow at the balls on this detective as the man prepared to light one up in the room. Mild annoyance gave way to terror as Marshall said his real name. How the fuck does he know!? It didn’t last long, as his emotions almost always gave way to fury. Narrowing his eyes dangerously at the man, the dark-haired villain threw away the minor illusion he had over his eyes, letting their natural red pierce into the detective. Can’t leave him like this. “I don’t have to prove shit without a warrant or any proof.” Opening his mouth to add, Who would believe you anyways? he thought better of it and snapped his mouth shut.

Prick might have a recorder. Guys like him were always tricky to deal with. Too smart for their own good and have at least five backup plans. They’re also harder to control. Should he just make the detective leave? If he had a recorder Enzo could always plant the suggestion to destroy it, but there were no guarantees that someone like him would follow through on it. This would be so much easier if Zaphkiel would just cooperate and kill these kinds of problems. Bitch could probably turn the man to ash. But no, she had morals. What use was her power if she wasn’t even going to use it right? “You’ve overstayed your welcome. Leave. Now.”

((Interacting with Detective Marshall | Mentioned Zaphkiel))

James

A small smile tugged at his lips in spite of his newfound situation as Thyris came into view, rubbing the back of his head. "No, nothing like that. Seems we got shoved into a comic book world. So we're dealing with...something called the Occard Alliance if I was placing bets. I saw what they did it's uh...they sort of nuked a portion of L.A. I'm going to do some research as the day goes on about what there is to know about them." As she pulled the water out of his clothes he gave an appreciative nod, at least he wasn't soaked to the bone now. "I'm trying to give everyone a chance out, since I know the grimoires aren't...great. You and sophia are in a pair that I made, so it's probably a lot less stressful. The other three...not so much. It's just you and Hignar left and uh...you're here so...Hignar's last." A chill of terror ran down his spine at the thought of speaking to Hignar again. Especially when she found out she was summoned last...god have mercy on him. "Are you alright? I'm going to get you all out again, I'm just going to need time...again."
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Casey Kemp

Casey nodded slowly, grabbing another piece of the weapon and continuing the assembling. "I see," was all he had to offer about his intentions. As far as he could tell, the boy was being honest, which was a good start on his end. He glanced around the room as it turned into some sort of viewing chamber, then towards the little panel that showed him executing sean. 'An extremely unlikely possibility', huh? He doubted that, he gave it a twenty-five percent chance of happening honestly. He was right though, there was energy in the air, just a bit harder to breathe. That said, he'd been in a lot less pleasant environments and fights, this wasn't really anything to gawk at. "Not that bad," he replied with his usual certainty.

"Tell me about your parents, your father especially. How much of a role model is he to you? What about your mother? Do you align yourself with their beliefs and lifestyle, or are you your own man, Sean?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thyris

she smiled hearing james explanation before stretching some. "its quite fine. feel free to work on the other three first. the need it more then me. Now then. occard alliance, anything like the demon kings?" she asked while looking around some more. Through the rain she was trying to get a layout of the city. then turned to him. "Blessing of waters protection" she said as water coiled around him forming a barrier. "it wont stop her. but it will dampen the first blow." thryis said with a motherly smile. "in any case. Summon me when you need me. hopefully during the rain~" with that she willingly hopped into her book again. Inside the book it was essentially an endless ocean under a bright starry night. very lovely. she could even be in her normal form as well~

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

James...and Hignar

"Not sure yet. I just know that they're okay with massive loss of life and doing what they see fit to get what they want done." He glanced at the barrier coiled around him, giving a soft sigh of appreciation. At least he wasn't going to get his kidney ruptured in the first blow. "Thank you Thyris, I appreciate it. I'll keep you posted. We'll figure this out, always do." With her gone he was alone in the alley with just himself and a barrier of water. Sato, please don't let this hurt as much as I think it's going too. Bells wanted him to pray more often, so he guessed it was fitting to pray right now, right? His hand reached into the satchel, finding the last grimoire he'd yet to open up. A flaming tome that radiated heat and...frankly, death. Flipping open the book he tilted his head back as an infernal growl escaped it. She could easily talk to him right now, but he got the feeling she was going to wait until she could speak to him in person. Could he just...never summon her perhaps? No...no he couldn't. Because as soon as they got home, she'd bend him into a pretzel or worse.

"Invocation, the primordial destroyer." Fire coiled out from the book into a twister in front of him, and he could feel his body start to heat up an uncomfortable amount. Even in the rain, he was a lot hotter than he should be, it was like sitting in a sauna. God damn new rules. The fire dissipated, revealing a six and a half foot woman standing before him. "James! Love of my life...my dear sweet darling...why am I back in the book!?" Before he had a chance to respond or even defend himself he found himself in a headlock, and it uncomfortable to breathe. "Hignar, I died, we got respawned, gotta save the world again. Please let me go!" He wheezed out, the balrog only adjusting her grip so he could breathe a bit easier. "Oh my poor baby! I'm so sorry, so that's why...oh okay. Did you summon the others yet?"

His mouth moved before his self-preservation could offer reason. "Yea, Sophia came out first-SHIT!" No sooner had he said that he had summoned the rest first did he find himself being bent over her knee backwards, the barrier of water thyris made lessening the pain of being bent in half. "You cheater! How dare you let the others out before me!? Am I not good enough for you anymore, James!?" He'd wish to die, but with his luck, he'd just get isekai'd again and Hignar would be waiting for him. "Hignar, stop! Please! I wasn't cheating on you, we're not even dating!" Yet another poor choice of words, which resulted in him being tossed into a dumpsters side and denting the damn thing, a wheeze escaping him as thyris barrier dissolved. "Oh I know, I know. You're slow, you want to take it gentle at first! But it's been a few years now, you can say we're dating right? Oh I get it, you don't want to disappoint the girls who are obviously after you! It's okay, I understand...you just point me in their direction and I'll make them leave you alone."

Whoever had brought him here was probably laughing their damn ass off. A yelp escaped him as Hignar lifted him up, her face a bit too close to his. "It's okay. Let's just kiss and make up, right?" "Good talk Hignar, bye!" Before she could get her 'win' he canceled the invocation, the balrog sucked back into her book which James hastily shoved into his satchel, taking deep breaths. Goddammit was his life a comedy or a tragedy!? She'd be pissed...but she was always pissed. He honestly got off pretty scott free there. Standing upright and taking a few deep breaths he stumbled out of the alley way, looking more than a little disheveled. That's it, he was getting a coffee.
b30c44b92f86ee7a02fbc3b4be08d166.png
latest.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten (Thus ends James scene)

The Beast

Soaring upwards and onwards until he crested at sixty feet, only to fall back down. The beast's face came dangerously close to the young mans, maw opening wide to reveal rows of sharp teeth as the bottom jaw split like mandibles. "GROAAAAR!" Slamming down to terra with an earth-shaking landing the beast held the boy up like a championship belt in one hand. "BEAST CRUSH TINY MAN FOR DROPPING BUILDING!" With a mighty slam downwards, the young man was slammed down into the ground, the beast's fingers moving so the mans back could connect with the concrete proper. "BREAK YOUR BONES!" Plead as the boy might, beg for his life...there was no reasoning with this thing of pure adrenaline and rage. One could hesitate to call it truly sentient even. Magma red eyes glared down at the boy as he lifted him up into the air again, seemingly preparing to smash him into the ground again.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

SoulFlare, in front of the church

There was something to be said for terrified onlookers who watched a possessed semi come down the road, riding over vehicles at points. Although, as was the rule with her 'creations', no real harm was done, and the vehicles were fine. Tracks of fire followed the truck only to dissipate as it drove off, a panicked and enraged L.A drivers voice following her into the distance. Oh fucking well, she guessed. The truck came to a halt in front of the church, the empty eye sockets of the skull regarding the Seraphim, leveling a finger at him. "Don't move, I'll be back." Stepping out of the truck and slamming the door behind her she glanced in the direction of the hauling container...well, it wouldn't be opening until she wanted it too at least. They'd just have to deal for a little bit.

Walking her way into the church she shoved open the door, looking very much like NOTHING that should be able to enter the church. This of course, caused someone nearby to back pedal into a wall, which she ignored. "Anyone know where I can find Father Anderson? There's something important that can't exactly wait right now."
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam adjusted his stance, shifting his weight onto one foot as he stared at the kid he'd oh so like to shoot in the kneecaps. "Honestly look better with the red eyes," was all he had to comment, taking a puff on his cigarette. And he took a few more puffs...until he opened his mouth, and flicked the cigarette inside with his tongue and swallowed it, never breaking eye contact with Enzo. If that didn't throw him off his game, nothing would. God, that tasted foul, but he'd be fine...if not for the fact his will didn't break, he'd probably have thrown up if he didn't resist the urge.

"Alright, Enzo. I tried giving you an easy out to this, but if you want to hardball, fine by me. I have probable cause to search your person and question you, as well as detain you for up to seventy-two hours. I'm going to ask you to put your hands behind your back and we can leave. You're not being arrested, just detained. All the same, I'll give you the rights you get. To alert you, I'm going to search you, and I'm going to question you once we get back. Do you understand? Do you have any weapons or articles you would like to make known, before I pat you down?"
image0.jpg

Kyrenka Kyrenka

James

Settling into a seat in the Starbucks with a large coffee in hand, taking a sip from it. Well...today was nuts so far. When was he going to stop trying to use the subway? That was twice now? Opening up his phone he did a quick google search of the Occard Alliance, casually scrolling through old news articles and stories about them, as well as some updated ones. Great...madness abounds. Glancing up at his table he stared at...was that a grimoire? He looked around in confusion, but no one had even come nearby! Well...alright then. Grabbing the book he hesitated for a bit...may as well handle it like a bandaid and rip it off. Taking another swig of his coffee he set the cup to the side, opening up the book and pausing before starting to read it. Either this thing talked to him like any other grimoire, or a book just happened to show up in front of him and he was free to read it.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Trevor Weiland / Skeleton
Streets of LA

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving / Kyrenka Kyrenka

Trevor felt pity for the alien, unable to ignore that the cries for Mama became softer and more heartbreakingly sad. It was a little awkward for Trevor since he had no clue how to communicate to the creature and he wasn’t quite sure how to handle the situation if it turned out that the alien had no mama at all. Or if it was really, seriously lost anyway. But it didn’t seem to need to be a great concern because suddenly the alien was fleeing his side and jumping into the road. He heard shouting but wasn’t paying attention to what was being said.

Hey! Wait up! Where are you-” As the creature tackled the woman Trevor really panicked before recognizing the cries of “Mama”. They weren’t sad cries though, so it seemed the missing parent had been found. That was a relief. He glanced briefly at the other two people with the woman and then looked back at the main scene. The alien was not hugging another alien. Which, Trevor wasn’t sure if he was disappointed about or relieved. Perhaps both were fine. He wasn’t really sure what to do now though, the alien seemed in good hands and as friendly as he was, he didn’t want to interrupt a little family reunion. Besides, it was still stormy and rainy and he wanted to get home. Still, he kind of wanted to say good bye to the alien. It was cool, and he didn’t think he’d have the chance to see another alien in his life. It was still really strange to think he had seen one at all. If it was an alien. Maybe it was a military experiment! Or a mutant….child? It seemed pretty young and childlike if it was a mutated super human. And honestly he wasn’t sure if it wouldn’t be better to just disappear and not be involved. As crazy as LA was and even with being one of the super powered Trevor didn’t feel like getting into whatever shady business came with having a creature like that on earth in a city like LA. It surely wasn’t safe for him to get involved in, right? But the alien had been fun! And while he hadn’t liked being picked up and licked all over he was kind of attached.

Stepping a little closer and clearing his throat Trevor gave a bashful wave. “Hi. I’m Trevor. Just thought I’d say goodbye to….Does it have a name?” Trevor looked exasperated at the woman he guessed was Mama and tried to be respectful and not seem like he was definitely not supposed to be there. “It’s just that I haven’t been able to get a word out of her?...it?" Trevor's tone was questioning as he pushed ahead, "Except Mama. Which I guess is you. Which is good, because….well it was lost and seemed really upset about that.” Trevor realized he was rambling and quietly closed his mouth, looking sheepishly at the alien, silently pleading for some back up or something. He shouldn’t’ve spoken up. He should have just left. It was awkward now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back