• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Corvus

As she finished sponging up his condition, for now at least, she released his hand and brought it into her lap. "Of course, my friend. It is the doctor's job to cure the patient, is it not? I will find the remedy, I will just need time." A small chuckle escaped her as Anthony proclaimed her independence, but he was right. "My dear sir, you must be careful how often you compliment me, or Viona. It will go to our heads." Turning her attention to Viona she gave a small nod, lifting up the leather doctor's bag and opening it up. "I have to take some blood work that I will look into, as always. With viable samples, I can test theorum on his genetic structure and study it. Ah, before I forget..." She reached to her chest, pulling free a vial of what appeared to be dark green ooze, small bubbles popping up every now and again in ominous fashion. Offering it to Anthony she gave a nod. "Take this, if you would. It should further ease discomfort, I suspect. It's a new sample I've perfected, I've had good results with many afflicted. Unfortunately, it can make one a bit...tipsy. So no up and walking about." Waiting until Anthony took the vial, as she wouldn't budge an inch until he did, she produced what looked like an archaic version of a butterfly needle and vial. "Arm, please."
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

Morgan nodded her head gently in understanding as she said the height both times. They were passing as American, excellent. She wasn't surprised, but to have what she knew be proven for a fact was satisfying. "You're perfectly fine, I assure you. So we're looking for your sixteen-year-old daughter with albinoism and long hair. About five foot, in hoodie and jeans. Wonderful, that's a good amount to go off of." The fact she put emphasis on the fact her daughter constantly wore her backpack was interesting. If the child was truly mentally disabled, it might be a taught facet of her life, something that contained information on where she could be brought home too, medications, toys perhaps? She put a small smile on her lips, glancing back at Anne. "I thought I recognized you. I do fancy myself as a woman of studies, I have a keen interest in biology specifically, as well as technological aspects of society. There's so much to learn about the world, don't you agree? I haven't diverted far too much attention to herpetology, your papers are some of the only things I have read. Perhaps you could tell me what you know later after we find your daughter? I'd love to hear your thoughts and studies." It was so easy to lie at this point, some might consider it unnerving. But herpetology was a field she'd diverted studies to all the same. Understanding the genetic genome of other species helped her perfect her own craft after all. And if she can make the DNA codes dance in unison, truly she made a good day in the lab. She'd done it before, she'd continue to do it...but Morgan was vampiric for knowledge, it sustained her just as much as food and water did.

She nodded along, turning her attention out the windshield. "I understand. The world has so much to offer and understand, there's no reason not to go out and experience it. Everyone should have that chance, it's sad that not everyone will." She barely flinched when Anne shouted out for them to stop, it was going to happen sooner or later after all. She supposed it had just been sooner in this instance. Watching Anne rush off she rolled her tootsie pop around in her mouth, unbuckling herself as Dietrich got the door for her. "Thank you. Quite interesting so far, wouldn't you agree?" Casting him a questioning look she started after Anne. They didn't really make it far, the 'child' in question slamming into Anne and putting them both on the ground. The girl had heavy reptilian features, that much was obvious. She looked more animalistic than childish, though she was 'cute' she supposed. Had Anne created a child by splicing human DNA with reptilian, perhaps? No, nonsensical, that wasn't the doctor's field. Did she actually adopt? No...no this would have come up long ago. There was a piece of the puzzle missing here, but she'd find it. Approaching the two she offered a small smile. "Miss Beaufort, I feel you could have been just a bit more descriptive now that I see your lovely daughter, don't you agree?"
51X2BJXBzA-L.png

Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

1600036088965.pngThe Crater
"Fuck!" he squeaked, backpedalling away down the slope away from the advancing beast. That didn't do ANYTHING to him? What the fuck was he? Was he sure that thing used to be a person? Damn it. He was shaking. He was scared. The others wouldn't bother to save him, he knew that. He was still expendable. He wasn't one of the originals, just a hopeful newbie. He hadn't even killed anyone yet.

He stopped looking any sort of confident or intimidating and quick-teleported further away before casting another spell. More concentrated. A laser like the first spell. If he couldn't burn him to death then maybe he could melt him with enough heat in one spot. Aim for his heart. Center of mass.

Meanwhile, Axiom looked over the corpse of the building. With all the rubble that had just fallen down, it was difficult to tell what went where, or where a tunnel might even begin to be. That said, it seemed the weight of the building falling had collapsed a hole bellow as though like a sinkhole in a storm. It was still covered, coated in a thick layer of rubble, but there was a telltale dip in the rubble that Axiom would notice.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

The Beast

Slamming down onto the ground and missing his target, the ground shuddered and shook from the force of the blow he had just delivered. "LITTLE MAN! STAY STILL!" The Beast started to run at him, and it had a lot more speed than it should. Rubble flew with each raise of it's foot, clawed saurian prints following it. Luckily for the young man, his spell was enough to stall the Beasts advance, the beam of energy connecting straight with the Beast's chest. A very small burn mark appeared on the black armor-like hide of the Beast, but it seemed to patch itself together just as quickly as it could get burned, almost no real good coming of the attack. If that wasn't bad enough, this only seemed to be making it angrier. "GROAAAR!," it roared. It could still feel pain, and it could still feel the burn, even if it didn't do anything. Unfortunately, for Beast, that was just like tossing gasoline into a housefire. "LITTLE MAN'S FIRE WEAK! BEAST STRONGER!" Regaining its ground after the initial hit it went back to its charge, attempting to close the distance. If that was successful, he'd lash out with his right hand in an attempt to bat the young man away like a ragdoll.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The Pier
The woman looked annoyed at both of them as she began to dissipate her spell. At Velocity for picking her up, but at Machina far more for her commentary. She gave her a glare, "I AM being paid, thank you very much. I'd much prefer to work through her than through the bloody government, too. Do you realize how many terrible things the government rallies for that we're trying to put a stop to with our whole goal? This research is for a better world. I'm not going to be able to do that through damned grants and miles of red tape. You may have once been a villain, but sometimes that's better than castrated balls working within a broken system."

She sighed, disappearing in a slow fade-out from in front of Machina, "Velocity bested me. Have fun in the storm."

The figure in front of Velocity began to fade as well, though she smiled at the girl, "You're a good person. The sort of hero that society actually deserves, I think. Try to keep that youthfulness, will you?"

After she disappeared, the mist and music did as well, revealing a whole crowd of terrified civilians milling about the pier, some even close to the two heroes. Some screamed, others were just happy to be out of the nightmare, and all were now getting rained on. There weren't too many people as compared to a sunny Southern Californian day, but there would always be people that didn't mind perusing in the rain.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Velocity

She didn't seem fazed by the bothered and annoyed look she got, she was bothered herself right now! Class, she couldn't miss class! Ah well... the spell was fading. "Yea, you got it. Don't go doing this anymore, alright? I don't want to have to actually fight you next time." With her gone, the mist and music soon followed, and she and an entire crowd were left in the rain. Ah well...may as well wrap up here. Rushing outside and then up on top of the arcade, she cupped her hands in front of her. "Ladies and gentlemen! You're good to go home now! Watch some Disney movies, and possibly hug your pets! You're all good, promise! I'm very sorry you had to deal with this! Alright I gotta go!" Rushing off she came to a halt near the ferris wheel, unfortunately spooking a couple with her sudden appearance. Again, she cupped her hands, shouting up at Machina. "Hey! I gotta run, like, stat! Come down here so we can convene, and then I gotta go!"
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

1600038358056.pngAda and Cerberus VI
"Okay look. There's no way I could have known! Don't be mean," she pouted, brows knit in concern, "At this point, I'm curious anyway. No point in stopping now. I wanna know how deep the rabbit hole goes."

It is understandable that you're curious. His security measures are uncommon, to say the least. No need to type. I can hear you. The Young Master is... a bit eccentric in his circumstances. I was gifted to him as a means of security and protection. A "friend" as well. He was recently interested in a girl... I presume that is the female I heard?

I apologize for the difficulties, though... to be fair... your own security seems to be leagues above the norm as well, so you could hardly judge, yes? Since he has some sort of a crush on the girl, I will explain somewhat. He is under the protection of the Mages' Council due to the nature of his abilities and the number of people that would like to use him for said abilities. I believe he could recognize another strong individual, and for that reason gravitated towards your daughter. As he explained it to me, "She exuded confidence."

As far as abilities go, at the moment, I may tell you that he falls on the spectrum of super-intelligence and that he is a fledgling mage.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Casey Kemp

God fucking dammit, it was jacked into his speaker systems. He was going to have to fix that after this 'conversation'. Casting Ada a look as if to say 'I'm already over this' he turned his attention back to the computer screen. "Uncommon would be an understatement, VI aren't exactly gifted out to anyone." Not even top government agents and global leaders had VI as their personal butlers. He, of all people, would know that. He'd worked for, and killed, more than his fair share to know from personal experience. "Whether the girl you heard is the one in question or not is up to you to decide, Cerberus."

He drummed his fingers on his forearm. The damn thing had tried to look at his data as well. Damn shame that wasn't happening. Even if it had, the VI would have essentially committed suicide. There were so many safeties, viruses, and countermeasures in everything he made and had, the VI would have killed itself on contact. "Unfortunately, I'm more than a little concerned by the fact your young Master has you." Ah...mage council. That made a little more sense. When was the last time he tangled with them? He couldn't really remember, he just knew there were a couple of bodies left behind. "I see. Super intelligent, mage...anything else you care to share? I'm going to be honest, your young Master isn't leaving a good impression right now."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1600039966428.pngThe Docks
There was no contest. None of these people even had powers, so it was a straight-up massacre. The bound kid angels in the shipping container were shaking, scared, wanting nothing more than to go home. They were bloodied, some of them with their wings pinned up like butterflies in a display box. Some had torn wings, even. And as said before, they were all naked. Stripped of all clothes and dignity with only chains to bind them. They looked exhausted and probably drugged, the poor things, and none of them could move from the container as the chains eventually connected them to the metal itself.

They ranged in age. Most of them were scouts, and most not even ten years out of training. Worst of it all, near the middle of the group, there was an angel that stood out much younger than the rest. A literal child, even by human terms, younger than twenty, which was incredibly young for an angel seeing as their preliminary training usually took at least sixty years. The little thing looked hurt and drugged as well, staring at SoulFlare with a dim flicker of curiosity as she swayed back and forth on her feet.

shard sighed as he looked at seiva. then just shrugged. "so you truly are just here for entertainment, nevertheless. let us get this show proceeding, shame we dont have Scile. but nevertheless. Ruru, I shall be bringing grune and her along, as Epherial is currently out of action, take point as his role in their formation." he said as he began to open a portal. "congrats fur-ball, your going to hell. Lets hope i can find somebody capable of making a lovely coat out of you." he said looking at yami before the portal finished. "Maximum Dislocation" he announced as his eyes glowed red. The space around them warping before their environment changed before their very eyes. No longer were they in a room. But they were standing upon a crimson crystal bridge, resting on top of a blood red lake. Large shadows could be seen swimming beneath. "There is our quarry reaper." He pointed towards the end of the bridge. A large crystal castle reflecting the dark light casting down upon it. The Lucrum castle, A fortress of crystallized blood turned into a school of magic for disciples willing to swear loyalty to diadem. "Be warned, this entire lake is blood, we are surrounded on all sides by possible weapons. as well as the army of zealots that are inside." Shard said before he casted another spell. "thralls. Appear before me" As a large portal opening, Grune walked through, and behind the suit of armor, walked out a red haired maiden, cigarette in her mouth, and a half empty bottle of wine in her hand
b43ad4b3cc5a86ada02accf49176f63e.jpg
"oiiiii shard. How ya doing?" she asked walking up blowing a puff of red smoke in his face. "Jezzabel. You have work to do. Smokescreen now." Shard ordered before the women named Jezzabelle simply smiled and walked forward before turning around. Chugging the rest of her wine bottle. She inhaled strongly as the cigarette was reduced to just a butt, tossing it aside into the lake she leaned forward and exhaled. Deep purple smoke surrounding all of them as their bodies and clothes began to turn transparent. "Jezzabels patented invisibility smoke! be grateful you all got to be breathed on by this maiden" she smiled drunkenly as shard simply sighed shaking his head. ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving e6f8507e5b0de66108754a25f407b0e3.png

SoulFlare

There wasn't even anything to classify as a 'fight'. It was a slaughter and one that only lasted about three minutes. By the time she was done, there lay charred corpses, ashen stone, and dismembered bits that had cauterized at the point of removal. "Filth, all of you." The last survivor backpedaled on the ground, clutching at the stump of where his arm had been. His pleas for mercy only earned a stream of hellfire that missed his head, if only barely. "Mercy? You want kindness, a reprieve from suffering? Did you offer any of these angels mercy? Did you show any of them kindness? Why do you deserve any then?" She knelt down, hoisting the man up into the air as she stared into his eyes. "You do not deserve mercy, you are not befitting of kindness. You only deserve penance, and you will face it!" The man's screams dwindled into a choked noise as his body caught ablaze from the penance stare, going limp only to be dropped on the ground, his body a charred corpse. "Now then..." She started her way towards the open container, towards the literal children. Halfway there though she paused, casting a glance towards the shut container. Whoever was in there would have to wait, they still had fight in them so they would understand. Approaching one of the angel children she spoke up.

"Can any of you speak?" A hand reached out to grab the chain binding one of them, intent on melting through it. However, as she grabbed it, a burning sensation was noticed...hell forged steel. She could melt it, but it'd waste time. Grabbing it with her other hand she gave the chain a firm yank in either direction, the chain snapping. She had to put a little effort into it, but she didn't care. "You're all getting out of here. I'm going to have to remove the pinions in your wings, you'll have to deal with it, I'm sorry." She started through the entire container, breaking chains one at a time. Her hands started to burn, but the damage wasn't meaningful, her body repaired itself, albeit a bit slower than she'd like. Though the burn only proved to drive her forward through the ordeal, anger being fuel just like always. Then came the more unfortunate matter of undoing of the 'butterflies'. Each time, right before she yanked the spike out, she gave a word of warning. There was so much blood, if she was anyone else she'd be fazed. But she'd seen worse, she'd done worse. It was just unfortunate.

Moving from the other container to the closed one, she reared a hand back in a fist, only to drive it through and grab the container, ripping it open. Unfortunately, the seraphim inside had torn out their own pin and used it as a club, the blow sending Soulflare back across the ground. Hellforged steel...that actually hurt. There was a sizeable crack web across her skull, though it was slowly fixing itself. "At least you still have fight in you then. Going to let me get you out, or are you going to take another swing?"
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Death's Chill
Despite saying she could transport herself, he transported her anyways. Was he being kind, or do it simply because she said she could handle herself? Hard to tell. Empty hood regarded the castle, her grip on her scythe adjusting so she held it like a staff. "I won't intervene unless necessary. You're all unfortunately at greater risk than I am...I'll likely be ignored." She paused as the 'smokescreen' was deployed, only to start to hover forward after it had taken effect. "Do not worry. If you die, I will make sure you reach your resting place." She turned her attention back at the group, hood tilting a bit. "I am prepared to proceed. Are you all?"
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

1600043607620.pngAda and Cerberus VI
Ada pouted further. Just her luck. The kid probably just wanted to get at them... damn it. It kind of made her want to tear up. She had hoped someone actually liked her...

The VI paused as if thinking, processing. I am not sure, it said slowly, There are situations outside of his control. He has no ill will towards either of you, however. He has no problem with even meeting in a private place, if for no other reason than to show good will and genuine interest. He does not have many friends for this reason either... though given your security measures for your own abode, it seems you are well-suited to protect yourselves.

There was another, longer pause as the VI got an order from somewhere else, He has requested I inform you. I have opened access to certain files.

It went quiet after that, the files appearing on the screen as though they had never been missing in the first place.

Abilities:
- Affinity for spacial magics.
- Mild super-intelligence.
- Temporal Prediction
- Temporal Alteration

He has others, but these are the ones that cause him the most trouble. The prediction and alteration abilities in particular. He has many visions overlayed with reality and if he can sort through them and make sense of them can alter the path we are currently on. He has been kidnapped for this many times.

Casey Kemp

Casey's eyebrow quirked at the fact apparently Sean was in the current 'call' on the other end of all of this. Moving his mouse he started to sort through the files and inspect them in-depth, speaking calmly. "I see. That would make him a high-value target in many people's eyes." His index finger steadily tapped on the mouse as he thought. He disliked that the VI was drawing information so easily from the situation, that certainly pissed him off. "...We will meet with him. Can he meet us at the Cambria in an hour?" He disliked the entire situation, but for Ada he'd put up with it for now. "If he can, I'll have the reception be on the lookout for him." He glanced at Ada, giving a small incline of his head in acknowledgment. "Cerberus, when this call ends, I'm going to check my computer to make sure you're not anywhere on it. If you are, our next discussion will be less cordial. Is this fine with both you and your Master?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1600046458840.pngThe Docks
The smallest of the children, now far more bloodied thanks to the gaping wounds in her wings, followed SoulFlare out and to the next container, only to watch her get decked by the occupant of the other container.

The Seraphim jumped in realization and dropped the makeshift weapon, scrambling to SoulFlare's side, "Father above, are my eyes playing tricks on me? I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" She gingerly touched the cracked spot, "I was thinking you were some sort of beast or creature, ready to take us from here to other locations." She looked back at the corner of the container. There were two other high-level seraphim in the container, but they weren't looking so good. The one standing didn't look great either, wings clearly broken and at odd angles, bleeding from multiple wounds, but the ones at the back...

They were barely conscious. One was barely even breathing, one wing ripped from it and laying against the ground in a pool of his own blood, his other wings, three sets in total, were slashed to bits. A means to make sure he couldn't get away. He had a collar tight around his throat... in fact, all three of them did. All of infernal, powerful make. The half-dead seraphim had lines like the dark spiderwebbing of veins grasping at his skin and crawling away up and down his throat. The other two had no such lines. The standing one looked like she even had a broken, non-working collar.

SoulFlare

SoulFlare raised a hand up, casually batting aside the hand aiming to touch the cracked spot. "Relax. If all it took was someone swinging something at my skull to kill me, I'd be dead already. I'm fine, I'll heal. It looks worse than it is more than likely." Her eyes landed on the collar, a growl escaping her. "Hold still, Seraphim." Both hands reached out, grabbing either side of the collar. It looked like it was better forged than the chains on the kids...damn shame she didn't give a single fuck about that. It wasn't pushing the limits of her abilities, but she definitely had to work at tearing it off. But tear it off she did, the collar splitting in two in her hands, half an 'O' in each hand. Tossing them to the side she stood up, the cracks slowly fading away.

"What happened to you all? I don't think I can get the collar off that one, but I can get the seconds collar." Empty eye sockets regarded the smallest child, then back to the Seraphim. "Is this all of them dead, or do I have more I get to add to the pile?" She turned her attention back to the other container, then back to the standing Seraphim. "You're all leaving, but I need to know what I'm dealing with." She could easily commandeer the truck they all arrived in, but it was a matter of getting them all on board, and where she'd be taking them...She supposed she could deliver them to Anderson, he was supposed to be her contact while she stayed here after all. "What is your name, Seraphim?"
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1600047619444.pngAda and Cerberus VI
Of course, sir. I believe I am on a VM in any case, so with that, I cannot entrench myself easily anyway. I was not built with the intention of infiltration, only protection. He says he will be there. Goodbye.

The computer stopped, the prompts closed, and the only thing left of the VI was soon just the files that it had offered him.

Not a moment later, Ada got a text from the boy.

Sean
them
I am SO SORRY about Cerberus. I didn't expect you to look arounfd files and stuff and so I didn't even think to mention her. I'm not supposed to mention her. I am so so sorry about that. Your dad must be pissed. He's totally gonna eat me alive. I'll apologize to him too when I meet him.

Ada looked at the message and pouted, glancing up at her dad who could very easily see the message on her screen. She wouldn't hide it, either. She didn't hide anything from him.

"This feels so messy... I'm kind of... I dunno... upset, I guess. I don't like this feeling. I was really excited that someone actually liked me... and now I'm just thinking it's a facade," she muttered, tearing up a little, though she quickly rubbed it away. She almost never cried, and she didn't want to cry in front of her dad. She didn't want to show stupid weakness, "I'm sorry... It's probably just a waste of your time."

Casey Kemp

Casey continued to dig through files, running a background program to make sure that damned VI really was gone. He'd also have to patch his speakers later to prevent THAT from happening again. Turning his attention to Ada he gave a soft sigh, reaching out and pulling her into a tight and fatherly hug. "Deep breaths, Kite. You know, you're already doing better than me. My first date, the girl tried to slip me a cyanide pill in my coffee. The girl after that tried to kill me as a contract. You've at least got a chance at someone who's interested in you for you, and not because you're dollar signs." He gave her a small kiss on the top of the head, rubbing her shoulder. "We'll meet with him. But I want you to go very slow with him if I approve of him, and only if you still feel like dating him, got it? Above all else, secrecy is what lets us live our lives. But we don't hide secrets from each other, that's always been our rule, right?"

He kept her in that hug for a little longer, thoughts running a mile a minute. There was a chance this kid was a risk...but if Ada wanted to try to date, he'd take the chance. If it all fell apart, he'd deal with it then. The temporal bullshit was going to be an issue though....though, he was fine. He always kept the anti-magic on him. He was going to gift one to Ada for her fifteenth birthday, but now he'd probably give it to her as a safety precaution before they left. "I love you, you know that right? You make me proud to know that you're my daughter, and one day you'll be better than anyone else, me included."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1600048619261.pngThe Docks
"That depends on which one of us you're asking," the standing seraphim grumbled, watching the others, "My name is Tyrifael. I was betrayed by another angel and ended up in the hands of some powerful demons. What they've done to me personally or to others here you probably don't want to know. I can say, though, that I've had the unpleasant chance of being bound to a bed. Some individuals have rather... sick tastes. I imagine, unfortunately, that that's the same for that child that's following you now. We're naked for more reason than one."

"The only ones to add to the pile would be the buyers, but I don't know where they'd be and you've... turned everyone who might have known into a crisp fine black powder," she muttered, not judging, as she would have likely done the same if she could, "One individual had a couple of us shipped in from overseas. I don't know his name, though. Bright silver hair, disturbing connection to Father... He prefers angels to have some fight left in them... thus me... How'd you know where to find us?"

SoulFlare

She gave a nod towards the Seraphim, listening to her. "Don't worry too much...penance isn't escaped. You only delay it. What I want to know, is which sorry excuse for existence betrayed their own kind into slavery?" With each word, the skull fire grew heavier, a small bonfire atop her torso. At the mention of a certain individual, a very thin piece of twine that was her anger simply...snapped. Macalister....They would all burn. "Because the sorry excuse for existence's brother pointed me in this direction..." She needed to let off steam, and she needed to do it now. Raising a hand up away from her and towards the wall away from them, an entire torrent of hellfire some thirty feet tall and wide burst forth, disintegrating any corpse it came into contact with, and melting through the wall with little problem. So too in fact, did the next two shipping containers it came into contact with. Letting the torrent peter out she brought her hand up, cracking her knuckles. "Now then... Tyrifael. Help me round up the rest, I'm moving you. I can get you to a man who can likely help get you back home." She made her way over to the seraphim she could actually remove the collar from, breaking it off of their neck much like she had for Tyrifael. "We'll be using the truck they brought you all on. I can't fashion clothes, unfortunately."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

62faac751fa2b98a5be0adac1ceacad7-jpg.685184
AXIOM

Axiom's eyes widened when he found what appeared to be a dip amongst the rubble. Perhaps he could concentrate his plasma and destroy the rubble to get through. He looks over to Beast and the stranger and something begins to bother him. A dilemma brought upon his consciousness. Should he help the stranger or continue the mission? By all accounts, he shouldn't care but regardless on who the stranger was, that was still a person. This hearkens back to when he was just a "sidekick" to Blue Steel. Even though they had their orders, Blue Steel would rather disobey his orders and do what he thought his right in his heart. To him, Everyone's life was worth saving, even if it wasn't. Everyone deserved to have atleast one chance. Like he had given him a chance to do this... But Axiom was no doubt going to get an earful when this was all over...Here he was about to put the whole mission in jeapardy just for his own morals. Axiom takes a deep breath and sprints off towards the two and just as Beast was about to attack the stranger, Axiom leaps and tackles him out the way, only for himself to get hit instead.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

1600063413956.png
Castrated??

Castrated?! It was fortunate for the little shit that she was incorporeal, considering Machina's next idea was to swing on the twerp. If anything, Alexandria considered herself one of the extremely few non-S-Class Heroes that would have the balls to swing on an S-Class as strong as Elementa, and she wasn't about to take that from some Scarecrow wannabe after she had literally been the person to end the most famous (and disgusting) tech-based Hero "Metallik." So as the girl disappeared, she decided to dedicate her face, her outfit, the manner in which she spoke, and what information she had pried from the entity to memory to the point where it was perfect. Next time she met this individual, she wouldn't hesitate to make them swallow their teeth... If... Did ghosts...?

She was going to make gauntlets that could punch ghosts and make them swallow their teeth. To hell with it.

That had to be set aside, however, as the entity did tip their hand to the fact that they weren't the end-all be-all of the case. Fact of the matter was that she - it? - was getting paid, and that meant it had a boss. Whoever had the idea of orchestrating this incident had obviously put a lot of thought into it considering communications had went down until the woman disappeared, and Namina's automated signal for Paramedics and Enforcement officers to arrive left the moment the miasma had. She had even been on her way down to chew on the info that she had gathered while Velocity was already calling at her. For now, though, she held up a hand, turned to the congregation of people that had gathered after the scare, then lifted herself off the ground again to hover ten feet over them.

"Attention," she called out, waving a hand. "Until further noted, please do not exit the area. First Response should be on the scene soon and will be able to assist anyone who feels as if they require treatment for any injuries they may have sustained. I repeat, until further notice, do not leave the area until you've been checked if you feel you may require medical attention, this goes for anyone who may wish to answer questions about the occurrence."

That out of the way, Alexandria allowed Machina to fall the ten feet and land in a safe zone away from the citizens so she could speak with Velocity.

"Tell me you got info from the pompous little shit," she started, her visor lightening to show her face. "All I got is that it has a boss and they're not willing to go the legal route to do these kinds of experiments. Arrogant, holier-than-thou little..."

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Seiva Kerona Meldain.PNGSeiva and Crew
Seiva gave Jezzebel a cheeky grin as she worked her magic, but simply twisted her fingers and excluded herself and Nadia from the screen. She gave the drunken woman a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks but no thanks on that one. I'll be fine, and his disciples, zealots or not, aren't dumb enough to try to lay a hand on Nadia. They like to continue living, after all. As for me, I enjoy the attention."

She strode forward, shadows beginning to drip from her fingertips and up her forearms to her elbows. Even if this was for Shard, this was still a meeting of two Demon Lords. She had a role to play here in Hell. Energy spilled from her like a broken dam, no longer having to hold it back for the sake of those on Earth. She glanced back at Yami for a moment, "Hey, half-pint, don't worry too much. Something'll smell your fear. You're safe with Ruru around, and even safer with me around. If all else fails, I'd protect all of you. Okay, fluff-butt?"

Seiva turned back around rapped on the door loudly, "Oi! Lord Diadem! Pardon the intrusion but I must needs speak with you." She grinned, fully aware she was being a bit of a dork, "I got some friends with me too. As per usual, if any of your disciples can hit me... I'll give them a reward. They have ten minutes from this point, so open up."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
Fay D. Fluorite
AKA: Celesteon
Location: Any Way the Wind Blows..... If it's going my way, at least.

1600064080865.pngThere were many things that made Fay not like today. For one, when he woke up, it wasn't exactly to the best news that he's ever heard in his life. When he got on scene, just about everyone was dead save the Warlock he thought might be part of Starfinger's little group. When he left the scene, it was to demolish the last loose end in his past, and instead of all that, he got his friend back.

Normally, one should be quite gleeful to have their friend back, but this wasn't under good circumstances at all. This was an OA job, and they had suckered Fay Hook, Line, and Sinker, and whatever they were planning, James and Fay were part of it. For what - he didn't know, so while they were flying through the air at a ridiculous velocity, he decided to message his Mentor to see what she thought, and instead she ignored her freaking messages. To say that Fay was irritated was an understatement, but he didn't let it show. James had been recounting what he could, and from what it sounded like, what he remembered after dying was a blood ritual. "A bit of blood" had to be downplaying how much blood there actually was, or maybe James wasn't in line of sight of just how much blood there had been considering there had to be a sizable amount to smell casually. All that meant was that the OA was using blood rituals, but who cared when it was just conjecture? Unless they were sacrificing people to bring back others, which made at least some sense since the balance of life and all that had to be kept in check, they could've been doing anything from an innumerable list of different Blood Rituals and Rites.

"All you need to focus on now is the fact that you're breathing clean air," he finally piped up, looking at his friend. "Don't worry about the manner in which you died - besides, I don't feel like recounting it because I'd just rather not.

"Now, if you'll give me a second, I need to make a call," he continued, then once again pulled out his phone. Jewel, his mentor, was actually on top of his contact list as an Emergency contact - being his mentor and all, and a firm press of the screen started the boring, flat ringtone that would invariably lead to what he hoped was the Hero picking up.

If she did, she was about to be in for it.

"Check your messages!!!" He all but barked, trying to keep himself in check around his newly-reborn friend. "OA activity brought back one of my schoolmates, and I can't track where the suspect went. They used Phoenix as a red herring and specifically raised James, and I don't know why they would use someone that I knew, so we're going to the Council first and foremost. If they did something to James, and the Council can figure it out, we may want to gather Caesar, Jupiter, and Starfinger to be put under observation until we know how to deal with it.

"That said," he continued, hissing as Fay forced their orb to swerve a skyscraper, nearly cussing. "I need to get off of here before I plow into a building or something. Meet me at the apartment if you get a chance. Be safe."

That all out of the way, Fay would have been the first to hang up and yet again swerve before catapulting them both even higher into the air, a flick of his wrist the somatic gesture to compel the Aether to obey. They'd be approaching his apartment soon, and he had a lot to mentally chew on. There were things that he couldn't ignore, and he'd have to return to the sites later - both the Warlock's home and the abandoned building in the crater to continue his investigation.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

ada.jpgAda
Ada puffed her cheeks a little, though she didn't fight the hug at all, "I know I know. I'd never hide anything from you, dad. I don't like anyone having any kind of power over me. Even just a tiny bit like that. If he tries to slip me a cyanide pill he's getting castrated before I hand him over to you. I love you too. Even if I did get tons better than you, that'd never change."

She huffed out a sigh, texting him back a simple, It'll be fine. He only bites a little. You will have to explain yourself, though.

She let a dry chuckle leave her lips, "I guess he probably doesn't have to worry about file digging with most girls. I wonder what his other abilities are. That Cerberus thing kind of left us hanging. I wonder if the files actually have more information in them than we can access immediately. Did you check the size?" She knew he already checked the size. That was like one of the simplest things. But she said it anyway, just thinking out loud. And indeed, it did seem that it contained more than it outwardly showed. That said, she also doubted it would have anything that the VI wasn't okay with sharing anyway.

Ada flopped back against the couch, groaning loudly as she let her arms fling above her, "UGH. How do you even date? Like... what? Are we gonna see a movie or something? I have no idea how this worksssssssss. I know how to fake it, but, that's not... ugh. What if I actually like him? And what if I like him and we get a job that has to DO with him? If he's at that much risk that he has a stinkin' VI, there's every chance we might! Do we just do it anyway and apologize to him later? Do we do it, and not let him know it was us and hide it really well? If I end up liking him, then how much would he end up being worth dollar-wise? How do you decide that?? There's no market graph for thaaaaaaaat!!!"

As unusual as the topic was, Ada was certainly, in all other ways, a teenager. As such, she was experiencing the butterflies that a boy or girl might cause her for the first time. She had no interest in the naughtier side of relationships, at least not anytime soon, but she was interested in the kissing and cuddling and cute stuff like that. She just had no idea how to feel about it, especially while being worried that the boy might be unable to defend himself! He even had a VI!! He might have guards and stuff too. In fact, he probably did have guards! He probably didn't know how to defend himself at all! She groaned again, a dramatic noise as she continued her little internal turmoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back