• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Zuzu
Two Zuzus became one, and that one was holding a very spooked and unsettled Yami in her arms. For good reason, too. A reaper had arrived... and a faint memory from when she died flickered to life in her mind. Fear, of course, but also comfort. Reapers made passing easier. Though she talked strangely... it seemed this one was not here for business.

“Miss?” she questioned, pausing a moment, “I don’t know much. We don’t. It was the OA, we know that. We know as well that they did it to use our energy in some way. Shardaken..? Do you know any more than that?”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Detective Marshall

Giving a brief wave of the hand goodbye and stepping out into the hallway, he looked through his notepad with a hum. "He did not, no. I know his face now, so I can go speak to the staff about anyone matching that description. If you want, we can split here. You can talk to the other victims, though I think their stories will match this poor womans. He seems to be quite...charismatic. He 'requested' the cash and items, and she just handed them over. And she has no memory of it. My bet? He has a power letting him influence others. If that's the case, for precautionary sake, I'd want you to wait outside the room after I went in. I can chat with eldritch deities who warp minds and can destroy the world, someone who's using the ability to lift necklaces and watches should be simple for me, right?"

He leaned over, giving her a peck on the cheek. "I'm going to speak with some staff about our boy wonder, what're you going to do?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ruru paused and began thinking about the riddle. But her only answer she could come to. "Cassandra the succubus demon lord known for fucking her enemies to death in a warm embrace?" she asked before shard just sighed. "No, this is obviously a reaper, one of the loyal hounds of Lady death. The queen of all bitches." Shard said not releasing his hands from his bow and arrow. "I have plenty of reasons to not believe you. One, My mother and wife are back from the dead. Thats disturbing the natural balance. How am I to believe you will not simply reap them after the cause of the resurrections is dealt with. A hounds word means nothing if their owner decides differently." he then gestured with his head to a newspaper. "maybe if you know it all robed idiots paid attention to the world for once instead of practicing making riddles and reading thesauruses You'd actually know as My lovely wife stated. The OA caused this. Some worthless society of mortals that believe they are gods." he said to the reaper as every word that left his mouth was coated in barbs. Even ruru was taken aback at how rude shard was. She just turned to zuzu and whispered. "was he like this when you were alive. Usuallly his sass is refined and well polished. This seems like the ramblings of a rage filled drunkard."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Death's Chill
The reaper studied Shard in silence for a moment, processing what he had to say. And then came the voice, calm and neutral, chilling...but the words hit like a bullet train. " Shardaken, if your bite possessed one-thousandths the amount of effort you put into your bark, you may have been capable of saving a life for once." Pivoting on her axis to regard Zuzu like she hadn't just ended a man's entire career, she carried on like she hadn't just tossed a bucket of cold water on shards fire. "Lady Death suspects the O.A, but there is much we do not know yet. As I have told Shardaken, I have no interest in returning you to the afterlife. Lady Death sends me to investigate and remedy the source of the problem, rather than hack with futilely at its fruits of labor. You said they plan to use your energy...do you have any way you can elaborate on that, Zuzulian?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

AXIOM

62faac751fa2b98a5be0adac1ceacad7-jpg.685184
Saturday, Sept 14th, 11:00 - Los Angeles

A helicopter flies towards the Grave of Lost Angels, The name given to the crater of the Occard Alliance's attack. Inside the the helicopter Axiom was sitting down alone in one of the seats, his parachute already on his back. There was no like except forthe light just outside the small window in front of him, illuminating his face. Almost like a prisoner being tormented with the hope of freedom

"We have a bit of situation. We have a message from Bells, a superpowered terrorist claiming that one of OA's members were spotted at the edge of the crater itself. We don't know how true that is as proper surveillance hasn't been put up yet monitoring the area. But according to the message, there's a tunnel entrance near a specific building nearest to the crater's edge. Caution is advised. We don't know whether some parts are unstable or not. Your objective is to investigate the tunnel for anything unusual. With any luck, it'll give us a clue on the whereabouts of OA or at the very least one of their allies. But once again, caution is advised. This could very well be a trap."

"Understood." Axioms gets up from his seat and and proceeds to open the side door of the helicopter before jumping out. As Axiom descends, he waits just until he's halfway to meeting the ground before pulling the strap of his pack, releasing his parachute. After a few seconds, Axiom releases himself from his parachute, he falls the rest of the way down and lands on his feet in a crouched position. Axiom stands to his feet and looks at the collapsed building in his surroundings. He wouldn't lie to himself, despite being uneasy with the architecture being potentially unstable, he couldn't help but marvel at the abstract feel of it. That despite them o the verge of falling over, they still stood on whatever legs, on whatever ground they had. A sentiment he's always held in his heart.

CT66-wxUsAAwFXH

"The supposed building where the tunnel entrance is should be a 1 click North of where you are. Get a move on, Axiom."

Axiom proceeds to walk down the bath northward. As he makes his way down the path, he notices several disheveled folk rummaging moving through the city remains. Some of them notice him walking and look at him almost as if he were some predator or an oddity. Axiom noticed their gazes and in a bid to ease their suspicions, he gives them a small smile and a salute. Some of them run off while other continue with their day but look at him from the corner of their eyes. Axiom couldn't exactly grasp why they would live in such a hazardous area but perhaps it was due to sentimental memories or perhaps the helpless are always the most desperate. He would know...Eventually, Axiom sees supposed building he was to be at. He also sees the how vast the crater gap is and already feels his heart pumping from anxiety. Not helped by the fact the building looks like it could fall in and any minute. Axiom takes a deep breath as he presses his earpiece device "All-see, This is Axiom. I've made it to my destination. What is my next objective?"

"Enter the building and look for clues relating to any OA activity. Caution is advised. Since the building is leaning over the crater's edge, it could very well be unstable."

"Understood." Axiom proceeds to go towards the building. Hoping his entry doesn't cause the building to collapse
Deathkitten Deathkitten

tabby.pngTabby
The woman grinned, "That's the spirit. You'll do fine, Thomas. So we aren't sure what to expect. The callout wasn't a typical one. Seemed a villain got ahold of a radio and yelled into it. That said, it's not like we can just ignore it. Gotta do our duty."

She walked out, waiting for him as the others seemed wary of the man and backed off, "So, of course we'll try to offer you as much support as possible. After the last event yesterday turned out to be true, we don't wanna miss out. Gotta treat any new event like a real threat. There shouldn't be many civvies to worry about - it's kinda a dead area. That said, if you do beat up on the buildings... erm. Sorry. If he does beat up on the buildings, then he'll just turn rubble into finer rubble. No problem there."

She slid into a large truck and waited for him to do the same.

"So I don't wanna say anything for sure, but I bet if you manage to take out an OA member or two... it'd really help you get some leverage. Maybe we can get you the visiting times you've been really wanting," she gave him a genuine smile, one of concern and kindness. She didn't like the situation. It made her feel dirty... like an awful person. He deserved to see his family, even if he was dangerous.

"Oh! By the way! There's gonna be someone else there too. Another military guy. Axiom. I think he's nice enough, from what I've heard. We'll just have to warn him to stay out of his way."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
sylviahero.pngThe Hotel Robbery
Sylvia pouted at the news, for a moment looking like a disgruntled cutie pie. Her pout faded into a resigned sigh, and she nodded softly, "Fiiiine. I dunno what I'm gonna do now. This was my whole plan. It's not like I can just go home... um... I guess I can go question the next person, but I have a feeling their answers will be the same. I guess I'll just hang out in the lobby with Dunnie."

Dunnie perked up at the mention of her name, having been fully engulfed by the wonders of the tablet. She was playing Crossy Road, and seemed pretty good at it, though lost as soon as she looked up.

"Huh?" she said, looking at Adam, then Sylvia again, "I won't be going with? Why?"

"Because you're not a licensed officer, hun."

She pouted like Sylvia had, "That's silly."

"Besides," Sylvia tapped the tablet, "You seem to be having fun. I wonder if you can beat Misty's high score?"

Dunnie looked back at the tablet, contemplating such a thing. She could definitely beat the score! "Mm... okay. Can we go sit in the lobby then?"

Sylvia chuckled and pat the girl's head, "Alright, sounds like our little leader has decided what she wants to do. I'll meet you there when you're done."

Viona nodded smiling at her mothers words. "Sure lets go meet the patient. I probably wont be able to help buts nice to see you work!" She said smiling as she finished her drink and walked outside. The rain seemed to be unsteady. Looking in the direction of the football stadium she could see shockwaves Rising up disturbing the rain and even the clouds. "......Are we heading that direction mom?" she asked with a gulp as she could faintly see the two dots in the air clashing before falling down to the ground. "...how about the scenic route if so?" she didnt really want to go over there. She turned to her mother awaiting her answer.

Thomas Black

Standing up, he pulled his phone and wallet from his pockets before storing it in the nightstand drawer, didn't want to lose any of that if he had to get involved. "Well, I'm inclined to take it with more than a grain of salt. No one's stupid enough to do that sort of cry wolf, and we did just have an attack yesterday. It's worth looking into." Following Tabby with a set of spare clothes in hand, he internally shrunk as he noticed the men back off. I am not a monster...I am a man. Following tabby still, he spoke up, sounding already down in the dumps. "Please just make sure any squatters in the area are cleared out...I don't care if a couple ruined buildings crumble, I'd be more upset if more life was lost." She had slipped...she caught herself, but he heard it. 'If you do beat up the buildings'...that thing wasn't him. It was nothing like him, they were separate, and he wished people kept it in mind more often. At least Tabby tried. Climbing into the truck beside her he rested his head on the window at his side.

"It'd be nice to see them...and I wouldn't feel guilty about that thing killing O.A folks. I'm not sure which is the bigger monster anymore though." Glancing at her he offered a small smile, but it quickly faded. "Axiom, huh? Yea I'll let him know...we can go now." The drive to the crater was one of stark silence, Thomas never really had much to say anymore on the drives. What was the point? Best case scenario he got to ride back, worst case scenario they had to call in the containment crew again and he woke up in his room. As they reached the crater and came to a stop, he gave a brief goodbye to Tabby and started off in the direction of his duties, catching sight of a newly arriving Axiom. Raising his hand he spoke up, voice level though disheartened. "Axiom, right? I'm here to help out...or more accurately, be backup if we run into O.A. I'm...I'm Beast." Just calling himself by that things name made him feel sick, but it was just easier if that's how he was referred too. "Anyways uh...if things come to blows, just don't get hit, okay?" Falling into step with Axiom he glanced at the ruined building, giving a small sigh. "Well...let's get this done then."
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Antonii.jpgAnthony
Hacking, coughing, wheezing. Blood flowed freely like a fountain from the poor man's throat, more than should have ever been possible. He looked sickly, felt it, too. Gods how he hated these episodes, and every time despite him trying to reason with the paramedics that he did not, in fact, have to go to the hospital urgently, he lost the argument consistently. So now, here he was, sitting in a bed in the emergency room, as the same doctor that had seen him so many times by now just gave him that same, apologetic smile. He could not fix his affliction. It was not something modern medicine seemed able to cleanse from his body. It was not something whose cause could be cured anyway. No, that would spell such doom he would not like to see it.

Instead, he hoped that one day, a fix could be made for the sickness that came as a side effect of his "powers". For that, he would take twelve pills a day if he had to - it would bother him none.

He coughed again, the blood spilling forth again as he tried to avoid it getting on his clothes. At this point, he was pretty good at keeping them clean and even better at cleaning them when they did dirty with blood. His mask, one of few things that took the edge off the irritation, was on a table to the side. Anything was a trigger for blood to come forth during an episode, and that included the very air he breathed. This time, he supposed it was the storm that brought it on, the change in pressure.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

72F067B5-3209-4DAA-8297-8E89881BB262.jpeg
Aia
Interaction: Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

Aia glanced to him with a big frown. Though she didn’t know what he was saying she beloved she understood by his repeating of mama. Slowly she reached out and grabbed one of his hands with both of hers before taking a place close to his side. The frown ever present on her face as she whimpered “mama” again before gently resting her head on his shoulder. It wasn’t the same as holding onto Anne but for now his presence was a small comfort till she found her mother again. With that she started forward pulling him along as she looked around. Doing her best not to roam off. “Mama! Maaaaamaaaaa!” She cried out again and again as they made there way down the street.​

1599586563103.pngThe Pier
"You can call me Mist. It's nice to meet you, Velocity," she returned, laughing a little, "I did mean that I'd try to find you during work - perhaps when I'm not doing something that would require you to stop me. I have no interest in trying to find out outside of work. Everyone needs their private time. I don't see how those big hero families do it." Mist eyed the machine as Velocity chose the song.

...Geezus christ this wasn't a competition, it was a goddamned murder.

Of course Velocity picked a fast-paced song. She doubted if anything was slow for this girl. If she had classes or something, then they must be so slow for her. She could imagine it now the girl, albeit in her suit still in her imagination of her since she didn't know who she was, tapping her foot in class trying to sit still for a three hour lecture. The students around her must get so annoyed! Heh.

Part way through, Mist had just given up, instead opting to watch Velocity do her ridiculous dance moves. Hilarious, but incredibly impressive. Were speedsters always like this, or was that just Velocity? She found herself even blushing a little in admiration. She was kind of cute... Heh. A silly thought.

"Well I'd say you won," she said after the song came to an end, "By... oh, just a lot. You got perfect on like every note. A bet is a bet. I'll shut things down here. Besides, you've spent enough time stuck here. It's already 11am or so."

Trevor Weiland / Skeleton
Streets of LA

@ Daniel Reaving​

Trevor felt his hand being grasped and relaxed his arm, letting the alien cling to him as she pitifully, but reasonably, cried for her missing family member. When he felt her lean her head on his shoulder he smiled a little, surprised by how affectionate the stranger was. She had held him in the air and licked him though, so maybe he shouldn’t be surprised. It struck him as childish, but not in a bad way. Though, whoever “Mama” was should probably keep a better account of this one, it seemed she had a penchant for trouble.

As he led the “little” alien - mostly because Trevor was expecting to be led to a larger, full grown alien - the teen considered how strange it was to be walking holding hands with an alien. LA had become even more strange over the year, and this surely wasn’t the weirdest thing it’s streets had seen. But it was definitely a first for Trevor, and he was beginning to feel it settle in. Her hand - he was still assuming it was a female, if the alien had a gender? He had so many questions! This was surely bizarre! But also really cool! He realized he would be a little disappointed to leave once the alien was returned to “Mama”.

Her crying as they walked wasn’t terribly problematic but it did draw a lot of attention from passersby. At least they had left the crowd behind. But that didn’t guarantee that people wouldn’t still stop and stare or post pictures and videos. LA had a lot of ties to strange sights in posts on social media. Trevor really didn’t want to be in any of those though, so he tried to avoid the looks of the strangers ogling the strange pair.

Okay little friend, I guess I don’t need to ask if you see Mama anywhere. I think you’ll probably let me know when you do, huh? Just don’t accidentally rip my arm off when you do, okay? It’ll hurt, even for me!” He spoke conversationally to his companion just to keep things calm and because, well, he liked to chat. And he had no idea what else to do as he led the reptilian extraterrestrial around the block. "You wouldn't happen to be able to describe Mama would you? I kinda need something to go off of you know? I guess, maybe not if she looks like you though. Is she much bigger? Are you a baby anyway? Cause I guess if you're full grown maybe it won't be so bad."

Velocity

As the song came to an end, Velocity ended it with a standing backflip, striking a pose. "Whew, that was fun! Why'd you stop dancing?" Glancing at her she paused, trying to understand what she had said. "Won? Why are you lea-OH RIGHT! We made a deal! Right, right. Sorry, I forgot and just started having fun. Thanks for sticking to the bargain." Hearing her say the time caused the speedster to freeze dead in her tracks, staring at Mist. "Wait... waitwaitwaitwait... It's ELEVEN ALREADY!? SHOOT! I HAVE CLASS IN AN HOUR!" She darted forward, picking up the 'child' and holding her in terror. "I can't be late, we have a test! You gotta pack up!" Realizing she was holding Mist she set her down backing up. "I need to get back to Machina, tell her everything is settled, and get going!"
Deathkitten Deathkitten
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Detective Marshall

Listening to Dunnie and Sylvia go back and forth he could only give a small chuckle, following after them to the lobby. "I have to speak to a hotel member about who I'm looking for, I don't have a name, unfortunately. I can describe the kid pretty spot on, so it should go fine. I'll see you both when I'm done." Once they reached the lobby he split from the group to head to the front desk. What followed was a five to ten-minute discussion of the individual he was looking for. Apparently he was after a Mister 'Gregory Sauce'. Now he didn't want to seem cruel or anything like that, but the name sounded like something a five-year-old came up with when they were trying to play imagination. He would know, he raised one! Getting the room number he needed and giving a brief thank-you he headed off.

Riding up the elevator to the correct floor and approaching the door he rapped his knuckles on the door, his other hand in his pocket. "Mister Gregory Sauce? Names Detective Marshall, I'd like to speak to you if you're home." He gently tapped his foot on the floor, checking his watch. Eleven...they still had daylight to burn. If this wrapped up in time they could get home, and get rid of Nyarlathotep. Any amount of time he could lessen between him and his daughter was essential.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Corvus

Standing up with a small nod, she left some bills on the table to cover their drinks, following her daughter out of the cafe with staff and doctors bag in hand. Glancing in the direction of the disturbance she paused for a moment. "Ahem, no. We're heading in the opposite direction, actually. Come, this way." Reaching out with her staff she gently placed it at Viona's side, nudging her to come after her. "We're going to a hospital, they always take the poor man to the same one." The walk was about thirty minutes, Corvus drawing stares as she always did, though she generally didn't care. The storm overhead continued to soak her to the bone, but again, she cared not.

A gentle knock at Anthony's bedroom door came from the plague doctor who stood in the doorway, dripping wet and earning a concerned glance from a new resident. "My dear friend, how do you fair?" The doctor entered the room, staff tapping on the ground with each step as she took a seat at his bedside. "I brought company with me today. I assure you, you are both mutually safe from each other. Now then, give me your hand, please? We'll alleviate your symptoms as always." Setting the leather doctors bag on the ground, she extended a free hand to him, black glove waiting for his own, bird mask staring at him in silence.
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

babeh zuzu human form.pngZuzu
"I... I think I remember that he doesn't have the best of relationships with reapers. He's come close to death many times, only to manage to scrape his way through it," she muttered, staring at the reaper woman, "I can only imagine he's tired of them coming around him when he nearly dies."

"I don't know anything about the energy they want to take. They have Shard's mother... possibly. We need to find her and then we might be able to get more answers on it," she explained, frowning as she said so, "I... she is still alive, right? Can you check your list and make sure she's not slated to die? I... I know you don't tell people stuff, but she has to do with this whole mess too. The last anyone saw of her she was bloodied and hurt. Diadem would lose his mind if he knew... But since she's been hurt, maybe she knows more about this calamity? Perhaps she's heard whispers of the men that did it while in their grasp? I know she must have been capable if the blood king had her as his wife."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Death's Chill

The reaper nodded once, slowly, in understanding. "Interesting." The scroll of parchment once again apparated in front of her, opening up. "Shardakens mother may be captured...interesting to note." She stared at the otherwise blank parchment scroll...though blank it was not. For only the reaper could read a list, and each list held the death date of an individual. She had never bothered to look at Shardakens, though she could only assume he was gambling with the fact his death date was far off. She was silent, the black-robed figure studying the list in silence. Chrysalia was alive...and though she was to die, it was quite a ways off. Not anytime soon to be sure. "She lives. Which means I will find her to speak to her. Where would she have gone, do either of you know?" The scroll of parchment rolled up and disappeared all over again, leaving the reaper to stand in place. It seemed the longer she stayed in this room, the cooler it got, it had easily dropped another three degrees by now, though the drop had seemed to stall by now.
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

oa kid.pngThe Crater
As though in time with a crack of thunder, the small-statured man that looked like a young teen took no chances and gave no warning. A magical circle encompassed the space in front of his outstretched hands. From the pinkish rings blasted forth a laser of fire, hot enough to melt the stone of the crumbling building that happened to be in the way. It was leveled at Thomas, primarily, but Axiom as well. He had heard the call on the radio, and now that it was known, he didn't plan on allowing these charlatans such easy access to the tunnels. If it was a fight they wanted, then it was a fight they'd have.

Barely giving pause, his next move was already prepared. The snap of rubble cascaded through the hollowed building as explosions rocked it and brought it crumbling down on all within. He had disappeared moments before the stone hit the ground, teleporting just yards away into the crater to avoid the rubble falling on his head.

Without his robes on, he looked like a normal citizen... young and powerful, but he had fear in his eyes the same as anyone.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

62faac751fa2b98a5be0adac1ceacad7-jpg.685184

AXIOM
Axiom was surprised by the the arrival of jeep dropping off a somewhat gruff, thin man. He wasn't aware that there were others sent by the military to investigate, though he shouldn't be too surprised as the message they received was a potential lead to OA. The man introduced himself as Thomas Black. The infamous beast. He's only heard of him in passing but apparently, he's quite the phenomena. A very dangerous phenomena. Something he can relate to. He gives the man a welcoming smile and a salute "Hello there, Thomas! A pleasure to have help! And yes, I too have been tasked to investigate the tunnel." Axiom continues inside the building along with Thomas and already the exterior looks a mess. Papers all over the floor, tile cracked, ceiling rubble, and glass all over the floor "All-see, this is Axiom. We are inside the building. However, there's not visual on any tunnel entrance as of yet."

"Understood. Search around the premisses to any structural openings." "Understo-" Suddenly, several explosions go off and the building begins to shake and the ceiling collapses above them."Down!" Axiom instinctively pulls Thomas to the floor and covers Thomas with his own body as the building buries them both.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
jewel.pngJewel and Avro
Jewel gave Chrysos a firm pat on his shoulder, "You'll be fine. Just got the wind knocked out of you really good. Adrenaline sucks when it wears off, so we should get going. I'll give you guys a ring after I get ahold of the guy." She motioned for Chrysos to follow as she walked back to the elevator. On the way, she blew Secretary a cheeky little kiss. "I'll make sure to do my part of this mess. Shouldn't be too long, hopefully. See ya for now, though."

Avro watched her leave before her attention snapped back to the person she was working on, "There. That should do it. Hey Sherm...? What's GS? You made it sound significant."

Back in the car outside, Jewel leaned back the passenger seat and made Chrysos lean back in it before sitting in the driver's seat herself. She flicked through her phone for some reeeeeally old contacts, and it took her a bit, but she found the contact for Tactician. A pass-through number, something he could use so he didn't have to have a million different burner phones. Jumped around a billion ass towers so it took a long time to connect, there was a bit of a delay, but it meant he couldn't just get tracked. Whether he answered or she had to leave a message, she said much the same thing.

"Hey. Jewel here. Been a hot minute since I called this number last. At the site of what I believe is the last job you just did a bit ago. Tristan Industries. Wanna talk to you about getting in contact with the people for a revenge job on the person that called in the job on them in the first place. No details yet, just a thought. I know you're just the middleman. You do the work. You don't care about people's reasons for it. I suggested that they hire you to take out the other person... once your job with them is complete, of course. Thoughts?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Thomas Black The Beast

He gave a weak smile at Axioms gusto filled greeting. "Yea, I'll do what I can to help. Hopefully this isn't too bad...but if it is real, and it really is O.A, that's a pipe dream if there ever was one." Heading into the building with Axiom he scanned the interior...god this place was a mess and awful. An awful mess, as it were. What was happening in the final moments of this building, he wondered? Was it calm? Panic? Full? Empty? A mystery he'd never get answers too. Before he could further contemplate this, Axiom shoved him down to the ground as a god damn laser shot above him and the man who was covering him. And then came the rubble, the building coming down on them. Adrenaline spiked in his body, terror gripped his heart...and that was his last coherent thought.

As he and Axiom lay buried in a tomb of rubble, perhaps thirty feet of a radius of where they were, he lay beneath the man. His breathing became ragged, his pulse pounded in his temples. His vision swam red, and he balled his hands into white-knuckled fists. "I am...sorry," he managed to growl out, a feral growl pulling itself from his throat. His body jerked, an arm lashing out behind him to shove the poor man who had just risked his life to get him to the ground off of him. Crawling up onto his hands and knees another feral growl escaped him, far deeper than the last one. His eyes went pure red, lacking iris or pupil, a solid screen of magma red. His head jerked this way, then that, the sound of clothes tearing as he started to simply grow in size. His skin darkened and hardened into what could only be described as biological armor that resembled scale. His body continued to grow, his clothes torn to shreds as his skin blackened, 'gills' of fire red layering around his neck. The soft-spoken man now resembled something distinctively saurian, a spiked tail stretching from his back.

The transformation was quick, lasting only about a minute, and it was quite obvious that the man who had been by Axioms side mere moments ago was missing now. In his place was a monstrosity on all fours, heaving deep breaths. A beast of sheer muscle and power that slowly raised itself up on a knee. "GROAAAAAR!" The beast slammed a fist on the ground, a tremor shaking the floor. Its head snapped to stare upwards at the rubble ceiling above them both. Another feral roar cut the air as it knelt down and simply shot up into the air, powerful muscle sending its form through the rubble and out on top.

Landing just a few feet from the rubble, the Beast now could be seen as a twenty five foot creature, tail swaying behind it...and it's vision leveled on the young man who had leveled a building atop them. "Beast CRUSH tiny man!" Reaching behind itself to grab a large boulder of rubble, it heaved it into the air and threw it at the young man, much like a professional baseball player tossed a fastball.
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Deathkitten Deathkitten
black-monster-illustration-png-clip-art.png

~Enzo~
Hotel
1599688438675.png
Abigail
me
It's Enzo
them
Hey!
them
I didn't think to ask if you were a morning or a night person, so I'm sorry if you're not up yet! I had fun hanging out with you last night. Wanted to say hi and see what's up. The weather's crazy today, so I hope you got home alright.

Zaphkiel was gone so there was no one to judge him while he laid on the hotel bed staring at his phone. Should he respond? How should he respond? Some time had already passed since he got her message, would it be too awkward to reply now?

Enzo hated this feeling. He hated that he was even feeling it in the first place. This nervous uncertainty that the mere thought of Abigail brought. Part of him wanted to puke. Part of him wanted to embrace it. His thumbs hesitated over the keyboard as his mind blanked on what to type. Fuck this was pathetic. He was pathetic. Maybe he was losing his touch. He always snapped at Zaph for being too soft and growing weak, but maybe he had too. Living in the lap of luxury did tend to soften people. Enzo could barely remember the last time he really mugged someone. Gentler methods of using his powers to just convince people to give him their shit was less noticeable than his usual M.O. of terrorizing people into giving him their shit. Maybe I should go back. Growing complacent was what usually got morons killed. Enzo was not a moron. Zaphkiel maybe, but not him.

A knock at the door broke him out of his thoughts. Turning off his phone and stuffing the problem named Abigail into his pocket, the dark haired man approached the door. Staring out of the peephole, the man on the other side seemed pretty innocuous; except nobody just knocked on the door here. This hotel was too high class. People didn't come to you, you called them. Obviously this man didn't work here. Opening the door a crack, Enzo eyed the other man. The guy wasn't one of his recent victims, so why was he here? "Can I help you?" The words were polite by themselves, but they were spoken with a tone that heavily implied that this strange man's presence was not welcome. I swear to fuck if it's some reporter looking for gossip column material I am going to fuck him up.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Detective Marshall | Mentioned Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Muse))

Detective Marshall

The detective offered a small polite smile to the young man who opened the door, nodding to him. "Mister Gregory Sauce? I'm Detective Marshall." Reaching into his trench-coat he produced his license and police badge to ID himself. "I'm a hero and part of the LAPD, I was hoping to come inside? I have some questions I'd like to talk to you about. I won't be long, honest." He held his identification out a few moments longer to make sure 'Gregory' had a chance to examine it before putting it away again. The boy's eyes were...wrong. They were dark brown, but they should be red. It was like looking at two pictures layered over each other, yet he could see both at once. This sort of shit would probably give someone a massive headache in all honestly, but he felt just fine. Maybe Daoloth was right...this sort of viewing of reality would drive most people nuts. Damn shame it didn't bother him then. He offered a hand out to Enzo, still smiling calmly. "May I come in?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Casey Kemp

Kemp sat at the computer, reviewing the Kali suit schematics in silence. The longer he studied this, the more solidly convinced that someone would have to be clinically insane to even get inside this literal death trap. It seemed to be as much a threat to its user as the person it was targeting...it did, of course, have flaws. And if he wound up fighting the infamous 'Kali the Ripper', he'd exploit them just like any opening. It looked like there were two portions of the suit, but he could account for both. There was only footage for the outer suit in combat, he had no idea how the inside of it fought. Which meant, if they came to blows, it'd be down to getting her out of the way as soon as he could.

His attention was diverted when he noticed his work phone ringing, a hand reaching out to grab it and answer it. Holding it up to listen, the name and voice bounced around in his head. It sounded familiar, name, and voice. He had been hired by this person before, he was certain of it. But it must have been a way back, his mind had shunted the information it would seem. Damn, he hated that. "Jewel...I hate to inform you, but your only vaguely familiar to me. Though you've obviously been familiarized with me." His voice was deepened, just a smidge, intentionally. "I can't say if I got a job with what you said or not. That sort of information costs you, bad for business if I talk about everything I do. I am however out of work at the moment...if you want something done, name it, and I'll name a price."
Deathkitten Deathkitten
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back