• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
ada.jpgAda
Her waist hurt. Ugh. Her frustration with herself dampened her mood. This was something she was always struggling with, and she hadn't managed to make progress with it since hitting a bit of a plateau. He grabbed her knee and flipped her up, but she used the momentum to instead try to flip him forward by planting her hands on the ground and using the roll. If she succeeded, she pulled away and returned to a standing position.

"Ah... right," she said, pausing as a bit of rosy color rushed to her cheeks, "I... um... someone asked me out... I told them that they'd have to meet my dad first before I could say yes to a date... I... um... they're cute, and nice, and stuff... I don't know them super well... but uh... I'd say yes to a date with them." She fiddled with a messy strand of hair that had escaped the bun on top of her head, "I met them at the library I go to a lot to pick out books... I got his number and stuff..."

It was clear all thought of fighting had suddenly gone from her mind as she was embarrassed and a bit shy. Usually, boys found her intimidating. They didn't approach. She'd never had someone ask her out before. Her dad was clear with the rules long before this would ever become a problem, though - they had to meet him first before she could say yes to them, and her dad had to say yes first. Simple rules... and she told that to the boy and he stayed undeterred. He... really didn't understand what he was in for. She almost felt bad for him, but that would require her to stop being embarrassed long enough to feel sorry.

"Oh... um... his name's Sean. He's sixteen."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

babeh zuzu human form.pngZuzu
"You WHAT?" Zuzu squeaked, incredulous, "Geezus Shard, I know you're not close with your father, but you really lost it when I died, didn't you? You didn't even tell him? You didn't tell Ruru. You... gods. How broken were you...?" Her voice grew soft at the end, melting away into concern instead of anger. She shook her head, "We can't put it off forever. He has a right to know about his mate. If someone kept the knowledge of me away from you, you'd be furious. Beyond furious. We need to tell him. Reaper lady, you can come with. We need to get Seiva on board first. Shardaken, you go tell her."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Shard sighed hearing his wife scold him. But he couldn't help but smile. "If you truly wish to learn how far I have fallen from my days of grace, please request an explanation of an events from Seiva, as my mind is quite fuzzy the few years after your leaving of this plane." he turned and put his bow on his back. Grabbing a sword off Rurus wall and sighing. "Nadia, May you please request Seiva shows up. I believe we will need her, I have held my own agaisnt my father before. However that is without the assistance of his army of Zealous Disciples. I believe we may need her to keep him in hell." he asked Nadia "Reaper, Feel free to stand on the sidelines, I know you all talk about being watchers. Never one to get hands dirty if need be." He cracked his knuckles as he seemed as if he was walking to war.

Ruru looked down and smiled some. Picking yami up into her arms. "its okay, The mean black robed lady wont hurt you" she said rocking her some.
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Death's Chill

The reaper regarded the room in silence, empty robed hood 'staring' at Shard. Go to Diadems domain? Interesting proposal. She would prefer to stay in L.A to further her investigation, but if this was her best lead for now, so be it. "I will be accompanying you all on this endeavor. I will transport myself. As for staying on the sidelines..." She adjusted her grip on her scythe so it hung behind her, both hands across the shaft. "If the demon lord Diadem Lucrum attempts to level all of L.A, I will be intervening. There are many souls that are not to be collected...and if L.A is gone, Lady Death does not get her answers. If she does not know how these resurrections happened, they risk occurring again. I will not intervene unless this occurs. I will wait for Seiva Kerona Meldain to join this group." She slowly drifted her attention to the girls, head cocking again. "You may relax now. Consider me to be...helping."
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Casey Kemp

She was learning every day, that was a positive. She managed to get him into a flip, but all the same, he used the momentum of the flip to land up on his feet by twisting his body in the air. "Good work Kite, your quick thinking is helping." Taking a few back-peddling steps with his fists up, going back to circling her. He kept his eyes on her as she started to gush about a date proposal. So someone was interested in his daughter...as nice as that was for her, there was a whole slew of complications that they had to deal with, and she would know that by now, surely. And sixteen...god dammit, he wasn't sure how he felt about that. The last thing he wanted was some horny kid near his daughter...then again, he doubted anyone could get her to do anything she didn't want to do even at gunpoint. Be that as it may... sixteen-year-olds thought as sixteen-year-olds did. "Stay focused, conversation, or not." As the words left his lips he quickly moved forward before swinging his leg up in a roundhouse towards her chest and shoulder. "If just talking to your opponent can distract you, you're dead in a real fight." If the kick hit, it had enough strength behind it to send someone Ada's size and stature sprawling to the ground. If it missed he'd finish his kick, only to kick off with the other foot in a flip on his X-axis and back into position. "Tell me about him. Super or non-super? What's he look like? Did he look you in the face when he spoke to you, or were his eyes wandering? Did he hold himself like a man or a mouse? You realize how this meeting is going to go with him. If you want me to meet him, we can meet at a coffee shop or a hotel room. We're not bringing him 'home'."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1599950406515.pngAda
"You know I'm always on alert," she said with a grin, letting her own reactions move her in a fast blur out of the way of his kick, "Kinda my shtick, dad."

She sighed bobbing her head back and forth as she tried to decide how to start, "Well. He's a super. I hacked into his school records. Too curious not to. Clean as a whistle. I know we'd not bring him home. That'd be silly. One sec." She ran off, only to return a few moments later with her phone, swiping through to find the picture of him that she'd swiped off his social media.

"Here," she said, offering the phone to her father, "This is what he looks like. Hotel room sounds better for a meeting. More private. He was definitely shy. You know how I hold myself, I come off really intimidating. But he approached me. We talked for a bit, he asked what books I like, complimented my eyes, etc. I'd say he held himself like a typical sixteen-year-old. Neither man nor mouse. I'd compare him closer to... a cute little ferret, or maybe a meerkat. It's not like I've seen much of him though... after all, he probably acts way different around someone he doesn't have a crush on. He doesn't have many friends on social media, doesn't seem to use it much. His parents are fairly big in the Supers' Rights Movement. Activists."

"I tried to get into his records to see what his powers actually are, but they were restricted and beyond my current skill... I couldn't get into them. No clue why they'd be secret like that. Kinda sketch, but everyone has their reasons, I guess. I'm sure you'll get it out of him when you meet him."

Casey Kemp

"Fair enough. We'll put a pin in this so we can talk." Relaxing his stance as she rushed over with her phone, taking it, and looking at the pictures. "I see. Well, he doesn't look like someone who lurks in alleyways or drops shit into your drink, so that's a good start. Since he's acting like a normal sixteen-year-old, it likely means he hasn't had that much to shape him into a man...not necessarily a bad thing, means he's not going to go do something stupid on an impulse or try to prove himself. Doesn't look like the sort of person who demands attention with his presence either, meaning it'd be easier to speak with him." He rubbed his chin in thought, studying the photos. "I'm going to do some digging myself. I'm going to go in knowing all I can, just like it's a job. That way if he tries to bluff, I know what we're dealing with. He shouldn't have to lie to me about any questions. If he does, that'll tell me all I need to know about him. Since he doesn't have that many social media contacts, no one would miss him if he has to blip off the radar...you realize, even if I do approve of him, this would turn into a long-distance relationship?" He cast her a questioning glance, offering the phone back to her. "I'm going to get back on the computer and do some digging. You're welcome to join me. Might want to get some ice for your stomach though, prevent too much bruising."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

ada.jpgAda
Ada grumbled a little, "I mean if it really got that far, then I'd probably end up dragging him along with or something. I dunno. I'd figure it out as it comes. It's not like I know how to do this stuff." She took her phone back and stowed it in her pocket, "Yeah I'll grab some ice. My main worry, I guess, is what if he can't defend himself at all? Like... how would I even deal with that?"

A few moments later she sat down beside her dad again, looking at the computer, "Sorry that this cut sparring short. It is interesting, though. Maybe you can show me how to crack into his sealed records?"

Sean Peetif Mallory. 16. Parents: Lauren, only 30, and Timothy Mallory, 52. Sean was born when Lauren was only 14. Timothy was 36. Lauren tends to say she's older than she actually is to avoid criticism and ridicule. They are both activists involved in the California Super Freedom Movement. Sean does distance learning through an accelerated program. Not much on him. He was in LA at the time of the OA attack, ended up on the rim of the crater, in the rubble of what was once his daycare. He and three other children were the only ones that made it after a hospital stay.

Further digging through normal means reveals that there's a decent bit on the boy, at the very least a report on his abilities, that Ada didn't find herself, behind government-level security measures. Not easily cracked.

Casey Kemp

"You know you can always ask for advice, right? I'm not going to shoot you for asking. If he can't defend himself at all, he's already a liability and a threat to your safety. So you either teach him to fight, or you leave him be." Settling at the computer and starting it up he waited for her to return, giving a slight smile towards her. "Sure. Just keep an eye on how I do it, we'll give you real practice later." Casey kept his eyes on the screen as he broke through code and firewall like he was playing pong, it was just that easy. At the note of how old his mother was when he was born, a genuine noise of aggravation came out of his throat, a noise Ada only heard when Casey was truly irked. "I don't like that. If he thinks that's acceptable because his father pulled it off, you might wind up dating a Shawna instead of a Sean. I'd also put you in the auto-doc over that." He'd only done it...twice? But he'd been in the auto-doc to the point he'd lost count. Wasn't a terrible experience to endure, but the fact was clear of his thoughts on the matter. Though it didn't really have to be said as Ada was a smart girl, it was more so him being a dad. That made him uncomfortable, but only because it was his daughter he was talking about. If it was any other scenario, he wouldn't feel the slightest bit of concern.

A soft 'hmm' escaped him. These were government-grade firewalls. "I see why you didn't get through. Why would he be behind this level of firewall? This is the sort of stuff you use for agents of a country and the like...hang on." His fingers flew across the keyboard as he outright glared at the screen. What was in hiding here? Did he have to shoot the kid just for asking his daughter out? He would, but not without good reason. He'd done worse than shoot someone Seans age.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1599955976718.pngThe Port
Even in the rain, even on the weekend, the port was still a bustling place. Nothing stopped the march of commerce, and to be honest, the ship coming in to dock was nothing out of the ordinary. It had a slew of shipping containers on it, average workers bustling about. The majority of them didn't know what they shipped or to whom, they just manned the boat. The poor saps had nothing to do with the grim organization that worked under the surface.

Meeting said slimy businessmen were equally destitute individuals on land, and as soon as certain crates were on their way via truck, they settled into a warehouse on the premises. Every step in the process was part of a well-oiled machine. From the boat to the truck to the warehouse... then they start to open the two containers they have. The first one is packed with low-tier angels. Young scouts. Kids. They look scared out of their minds and are bound with a chain that originated from Hell so they can't just break out of it. None of them are clothed. They're being treated like animals.

The second container they left closed for now, though inside anyone nearby could hear the muffled sounds of a boisterous angel shouting curses at them through the metal. An adult, probably a soldier of some kind.

SoulFlare

It wasn't hard to track and follow them. They were so focused on their prized cargo they didn't bother to make sure they weren't followed. How unfortunate for them. Stepping off her cycle it once again went up in a blaze. A warehouse...how thematic. Taking a few steps towards the steel wall she let the chain dangle down into her hand, only for it to tighten around it in a vice-like grip. Raising up her free hand a torrent of hellfire splattered against the steel wall. She wanted to burn physical substance, so it would do as she wanted. The wall heated up a brilliant melting point orange, only to be blasted through in a hole as a torrent of hellfire shot through a good dozen feet into the warehouse. She heard the scream of agony as some poor sod who was near the wall got incinerated.

Stepping in through the hole, empty eye sockets regarded the room, the sound of fire crackling following her. "This is where the mass grave was scheduled, I was told. I should get to work then...you first!" Lashing out with the hand that held the chain, the infernal chain wrapped around one of the men and hugged him tight, hellfire scorching him. His scream of pain dwindled out as he charred to ashen stone, only for a sharp yank back sent the stone corpse scattering across the ground. Slowly stepping inside she lashed the chain against the ground, carving a deep trench at her side. She lashed out again, the chain wrapping around a man's leg, only for her to use his body as an impromptu weapon and send him slamming into two of his comrades before releasing him. "I will enjoy giving you what you deserve, rats." She darted her head to regard the open container...they were all young, children. If she had eyebrows, one would be twitching right now. "You are all scum, lower than dirt. You honestly make dirt look like diamonds!" Her attention darted back towards the men, chain lashing against the ground again before it started to spin, picking up speed until the infernal sound of air being sliced could be heard, the chain functioning like a buzzsaw. "You have two options. Lay down and die, or stand up and die. I don't care which you choose."
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
1599958460629.pngAda
Ada watched her dad work, making a grossed out gagging sound at the idea of anything having to do with sex. She nudged her dad's shoulder, "Gross! Don't talk like that. His dad's a creeper. That doesn't mean Sean is. I'm only two years younger than him, not young enough to be his child, like his mother was to his father. If his dad so much as looks at me funny I'll castrate him. Ugh. So gross!" She went quiet though as he started to get to the real work, her brow furrowing. That was weird and concering... well... at this point she wanted to know anyway. Too interesting not to. It did kind of bum her out that maybe he wasn't genuine, though... he sounded sweet, and was cute, and she wanted a chance to go on a date for once. If he had some bad secret though, then maybe he knew about her and her father's work.

He was damned good at what he did. The veritable blockade was no match for Casey. It came crashing down like a brick wall with heavy machinery. Alas, there wasn't information there waiting for him. His computer stuttered for a moment, a lag spike. Then, a window popped up.

Hello, User. I am a VI, designation: Cerberus. You've forcefully gained access to my files. May I help you?

Viona watched as the man beforr him flattered her. "thanks for the compliments. But i doubt a suit of metal armor is very charming." She said as she sat down. Tapping her armor. A noisy metallic clinking being made. She looked around the house before turning to her mother. "So mother. What is your treatment method for him?" She asked interested. She had studied alot of medicine to help with her condition. She tried asking her dad. But he only knew about poison.... a bit helplful. But nonetheless not good for healing.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Enzo~
Hotel

1599960922454.png Shit. Enzo really was getting soft and sloppy. Usually a normal cop wouldn't even be able to find him. Calm down, he might think that I'm a victim too. Hell, this fucker might not even be investigating the villain's crimes at all. Most cops were more than happy to close up cases when the 'victims' retracted them; especially when they had bigger things to worry about, like super villains. Feeling more confident, Enzo held open the door for the detective. "Come in." Waiting for the man to enter before closing and locking the door behind him, Enzo said, "My wife is out right now so unfortunately it's just me here right now." Staring at the man's expression for a hint of what he might be thinking, Enzo asked, "That won't be a problem, right?" For the villain at least, it was very lucky. Zaphkiel had this annoying as fuck habit of being honest at the worst times. He couldn't tell if it was an angel thing or Zaphkiel purposefully trying to sabotage him thing; it didn't change the fact that it pissed him off though. No Zaph means less problems. Bitch was only good as a meat shield, and she was a bad one at that. I should get someone better.

It was hard manipulating other supers though. Something about them made them harder to puppeteer than normal humans. The stronger they were the more resistant they were to his influences. He was lucky that Zaphkiel was bound by a higher power, but that was about it. Enzo needed someone else. Someone he could manipulate completely. Zaph was too loose of a canon to be reliable.

There was no use thinking about one problem when he had another right in front of him, so he pocketed that train of thought to focus on the detective. If worse came to worse, he could always make the man leave. Maybe Enzo should erase his memory too. Replace it with something else so that he didn't come back looking for 'Gregory Sauce'. I'm starting to regret this name. While he had made it with the intention of pissing off Zaphkiel by naming her 'Mary Nayra Sauce' he wasn't immune to the slight embarrassment the last name brought him.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Detective Marshall | Vaguely mentioned Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel))

Detective Marshall

Giving a slight nod of appreciation as he was invited inside, Adam strolled inside, hands still buried in his trench-coat pockets. "Ah, that's fine. I'm sure she's a busy woman and everything." Adams poker face betrayed none of his thought, a fine skill he'd honed as a detective. The better your poker face, the more you left someone guessing, the more they may start to scramble to get a reaction they wanted. Detective work was like a game of cards, you just needed to know how to play your opponent. "Mister Sauce, there's been reports of robberies through the hotel afflicting the more prominent individuals here. I'm following up on a personal lead. I'm not pointing fingers at you, but there's a chance some of the materials I'm looking for were placed in this room. I have reason to suspect that whoever is doing this is using rooms as dead drops, and they'll collect the effects later when they're ready to head out. Do you mind if I take a quick look around?"

He was bullshitting, one hundred and ten percent. But it was a fine craft that he had honed, not that it mattered. He just had to sound like he was convinced of what he had going on, Mister Sauce here would know he'd be lying, or stupid, right off the bat. "Have you seen anything suspicious around here lately, Mister Sauce? Any odd people wandering about, or suspicious individuals?" He shifted his weight a bit, eyes studying 'Gregory' in silence. "I have to ask, where is your family from having that name? I'm not judging, it's just very unique."
image0.jpg

Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Anne and Dietrich~
Streets of L.A.

1599963564795.png Anne automatically replied, "151 centimeters," before realizing her mistake. "Oh uh!" Floundering as she did the math in her head she blurted out, "Five feet! She's five feet tall!" Embarrassed, the scientist added, "I'm so used to the metric system that I sometimes forget that America doesn't use it." Biting her lip as she thought of more features that didn't include 'razor sharp claws' or 'a tail nearly twice her height', Anne offered, "She's got pretty long hair. I think she was wearing a hoodie and jeans when she left but I'm not sure. She should be wearing a backpack though. She always wears her backpack..." Rolling down the window as they slowed down near the first park, the dark-haired woman's eyes darted as she scanned the park. Slumping as she realized that Aia wasn't here, Anne tried to stay optimistic. There were other parks after all....

Surprised that someone recognized her, Anne answered the redhead's question. "Yeah, that's me." The name Anne Beaufort was only well-known in the scientific field, and even then it was mostly contained to the animal research niche. That meant that this young woman was most likely an aspiring scientist herself. Offering Morgan a genuine smile, she said, "I'm pretty flattered that you recognize me. I'm guessing you're probably aiming to become a researcher, right? Probably a herp too." Turning her gaze back out of the window, she continued, "I actually decided to take a little sabbatical with my daughter. A cross country road trip. It's mostly for pleasure but I wanted to show Aia the world, you know? You only have so long to be a kid and have fun so we might as well make the most of it while it lasts." Flashing the other woman another smile, Anne admitted, "I would be lying though if I said I wasn't aiming to make this a little educational too." Showing Aia different places was fun, but seeing the eager curiosity in her eyes when they visited places like the beach or the zoo was even more enjoyable. While she had never said anything, the alien seemed to hang off of Anne's every word whenever she started a little lecture about the place they were visiting. At the very least, it should be helping her learn the language.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1599965198994.png Silently driving, Dietrich played around with the new information in his head. Well, at least we're passing for Americans well enough. He had practiced a ton but the payoff was good. The mention about a backpack stuck out though. If the girl was truly disabled then it was probably one of those...what were they called? Comfort objects? Or perhaps it was coping mechanism? He really should brush up on his psychology.

It was heartening to see Anne start to warm up to Morgan more at the mention of Beaufort's research. Although the doctor was considered a young genius by normal standards, that was it. A normal genius. Certainly not someone like Morgan who would change the entire world itself. Dietrich couldn't fault her for that though. Nobody could hold a candle to Morgan's mind. At the mention of children having fun, his eyes unconsciously glanced in the rearview mirror at said genius. He felt a little guilty. Morgan didn't have a childhood; not when she was considered a child by human standards and certainly not now. It hurt to see. While she may not consider herself a child Dietrich couldn't see anything but a little girl who bore too much for her tender age.

His grip on the wheel tightened a bit. When this is over, I'll make things right. There were so many things that he had planned for Morgan. Indulgences that she was robbed of as a child. When this world was finally cured, they would spend the rest of her life enjoying the little things. She deserved every little thing he could give her.

"Wait, stop!" Dietrich pulled over at Anne's shout. The woman was sitting alert as she held herself out of the window. Rolling down his own, he could hear it. A faint cry for 'Mama'. Fumbling with her seat belt before freeing herself and lunging out of the car, Anne rushed down the sidewalk. "AIA!? AIA!" Throwing the car into park as he grabbed the keys and dove out of the car as well, he rushed around to Morgan's side to open her door.

"I believe that's our cue."

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

Kali

Kali returned to the kitchen as well and drank a nice glass of ice cold purified water. Giving a happy breath of air as she finished her glass she turned to muse, such an interesting young woman. Those feelings. The addiction of her voice. Kali's mind was running wild with all the possibilities this beautiful little pawn had, after all, pawns can always turn into queens, but they are always controlled by the player. Such an eager little songbird, let out of a cage she just wants to do her best, ohh Kali couldn't tell which might bring her more joy, watching the little songbird get her feathers plucked by this cruel world known as life, or taking it for herself, trapping it in a cage and making it serenade her. Those feelings.... they were like drugs that no science or magic could surpass. And the perfect tool that she needed for her pretty little play toy she had in the other room. "Fear may be good, but there is a situation for everything. it may cause the enemy to panic and act rash, or effect the civilians as well. I dont know if you can single out targets with your music but it may be smart to learn to try." she began taking stuff out of her fridge and grabbed a knife from the wall. expertly twirling it in her fingers before she began to get to work. And by the time she was done, what was in front of muse was a tray of tea time sandwiches. "I will bring her some food, in the meantime. Help yourself to my pantries." she chimed. Taking the tea sandwiches she walked into Cassie's room. seeing her still lightly sobbing on the bed, Kali couldn't hide her deranged smile. she locked the door behind her and set the sandwiches down on the nightstand before sitting on the bed next to Cassie. gently bringing her head to rest against Kalis chess she began to whisper into Cassie's ear. "oh my precious little toy, that felt good didn't it? Emotions, a wonderful thing aren't they? How do you feel now that you heard my little songbird sing?" she gently rand a hand up Cassie's body before it caressed her neck, slowly turning into a grip, squeezing down on Cassie's windpipe. "Be a good little girl and you get to hear my songbird again? I don't need dolls, I need zealots. Broken little souls that are completely desperate and addicted to what I offer, so Cassie. Im giving you an important role on stage. Don't disappoint, or no more songbird for you." as her hand was practically choking Cassie she leaned in and placed her tongue against Cassie's cheek, slowly raising up wiping up the tears. Salty, the taste of desperation and sadness. The perfect flavor. "Now eat your sandwiches. You may have been a doll, but I hate porcelain. It breaks far too easily." she stood up and gave her a pat on the head before she turned around and walked back into the kitchen.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

fay friend.jpgJames
James was shaking and coughing and his eyes were red and irritated, but suddenly he was safe in the arms of his best friend. He didn't have many friends, but neither did Fay. He hugged him so tightly, starting to cry and cry even as they blasted through the air at incredible speeds.

"F-Fay you're alive. You're really alive and breathing and... oh my gods I remember... I..." his voice cut off, he couldn't force the words out, "I remember... what happened to me..." He was shaking harder, trying not to panic, trying to control his breathing.

He closed his nails of his left hand into his palm in a fist, using the mild pain to focus himself, "R-right... everything I remember... I was at the... the school. There was an attack... and... and I'm... I... died... There's no way I survived what happened to me... the pain alone..." He looked almost glaze-eyed for a moment, then shook his head, "The... Then after that, there was nothing. All of a sudden I woke up in that burning building, smoke choking me out."

James looked down towards the ground, impressed at how high they were, how fast they were going.

"I... think I remember something in between... kind of, anyway. It's really fuzzy. Like someone used some sort of spell on me to make me forget. I remember the dampness of a cave... some sort of cell... and... a bit of blood in the air? I can't bring any images to mind... like the first time we tried practicing those spells on each other, but way worse," he shook his head again, grimacing, "Fay are you okay? Is... did... did anyone else survive?"

Osuka Osuka

Seiva Kerona Meldain.PNGSeiva and Crew
It only took a moment for Nadia to contact Seiva, and then for the Demon Lord to appear in the household through a portal that looked more like a spiraling tear through reality. She yawned as she stepped in, took one look at the reaper, then folded her arms and leveled her gaze at Shard.

"And what the hell did you do this time, damn it?"

Zuzu pouted, protective despite how annoyed she was at him right now, "It's not his fault she's here. We need to go to Diadem and let him know about Chrysalia... and Rurulian too."

Seiva paused, staring at her small form for a long moment. "Oh...," she muttered, before bursting out in laughter, even doubling over with it, "Oh my hells, fuck that's entertaining! Oh, that'll be so great to watch. I'm in. Fuck, I'd be in even if it wasn't important. Watching Diadem's eager little students is like comedy straight in front of you."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

4DAD3F48-3662-469D-9F16-601B40489FD5.jpeg
Aia
Interaction: Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

With every step Aia started to loose hope. Her look growing more and more lost, more saddened and heartbroken as she walked down the street calling for her mother. Her last few calls slipping into a whimper before dying out. Her look heartbroken and defeated as she slowly came to a stop. Her grip loosening on the mans arms as she whimpered a little more. She couldn’t help but feel it was all over, the place was so huge, so vast and filled with so many things and smells, how was she going to find her mom? How was she ever supposed to Follow her trail back, or find Anne’s scent.

Aia was ready to give up and cry until she heard it. The little riffs of hair covering her ears lifting up as he head shot up, eyes and mind focused now as her head scanned the area in front of her. As soon as her name was called again she was gone from Trevors side. Bent forward leaving a wake of crashed through and toppled over people in her wake as she raced down the road. She fought eyes on Anne and it was over. Before Anne knew it she would go from running to laying on her back, her head landing on Aia’s tail to cushion her fall, Aia’s arms wrapped around Anne’s waist and her head buried into her chest. “Mama!” She whimpered happily as she clung to Anne clearly refusing to let go now that she was back with her. Tears of happiness filling her eyes as she nuzzled deeper into Anne. “Mama mama mama.” She said again and again as her tail slowly wrapped around them both​

Last edited:
Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

Velocity was doing work on the ground according to the... Entity, considering she didn't take well to being called a ghost, and it was - oddly enough - something more akin to playing nice than anything. Knowing what she did about Velocity, which wasn't much, it was also likely genuine, but she couldn't say with one-hundred percent certainty. Still, the entity was being entertained, and Machina could start asking whatever other questions she could think of to discern what all of this was....

Until she found herself taken aback. If the ferris wheel was still moving, of course, Machina would still be following the circular pattern, but she seemed to freeze otherwise. The.... Entity.... Was running an experiment with something that was not unlike Scarecrow's fear toxin from the DC comics, and she was doing it without a grant?? It took a moment to process just what had came about, and with a shake of her head and a shifting to stow away her rifle, she held up her hands and grabbed the gondola. She was, of course, bringing herself closer to the being, but what she had to say was too important to let go. Psychologically, even, it was painful.

"You realize," she started, looking the girl dead in the face, though her visor stayed tinted. "That instead of being a Villain and creating what would be a huge disturbance of peace, reckless endangerment, attempt to act out an act of terrorism, and a whole dictionary-sized BOOK of other charges on you that they would use in a court of law to find a way to exterminate you for good, you could just.... Get paid?

"Now, you might be thinking: 'But hero, my specialization is utilizing a potential Myriad of gasses and magickal implements to cause disorder and such,' and you're right as far as I can tell, but you realize that multiple companies around the globe would be interested in gathering data and funding this experiment, yeah?

"They could find test subjects that are serving life in prison or on death row, or maybe patients that you might have the ability to cure via utilizing a re-purposed miasma, Or you could be a Hero as well that specializes in quelling riots and large-scale attacks. You're sitting on a potential goldmine and risking blowing it to smithereens instead of mining it.

"And speaking of villainy... I used to be one, " she continued, breaking the monologue with a sigh. "But not for the reason that one might think. It wasn't a permanent option, and because of my specializations and technological skills, I was given a pardon and a paycheck. My optics in the social sphere still isn't great, but it's better than heists and all that. So, as an ex Villain who served time in the slammer... I can kinda safely say that it's a far better option. Consider it. Make it worth everyone's time, but also you're moreso - constructively and financially to boot."

(Sorry for the oddly-written post. I'm posting from Mobile since I figure this.... Might work. XD)

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Enzo~
Hotel

2AFC3528-34CD-4E8E-9C5A-4A1A5225C232.jpeg Enzo almost grinned at how full of shit this guy was. Dead drops my ass. He just wanted an excuse to search the room. This wasn’t the villain’s first run-in with the cops. He knew how this worked. It was faster to get consent with flowery language and reassurances than to wait for the DA to approve a search warrant. Especially when they don’t have any evidence. Well, this was good. Now he knew that he needed to drop the shit he stole. Maybe give it to a small time thief that’d go down easy. It wouldn’t be hard to convince the sucker that they had stolen the shit themselves.

The detective wants to play? Fine with me. Giving the man an disingenuous smile, Enzo replied, “Actually, I do mind. You see my wife and I are here to relax. Together. Police or not, we’d both be pretty embarrassed if you found the things we used last night.” Shrugging his shoulders, his smile widened, “If you know what I mean.” Yeah right. As if he’d ever think about touching that disgusting bitch. They needed to keep their cover though. Tilting his head as if he were thinking about his next answer, he continued, “Anything suspicious huh? Well, there’s a woman running around trying to sell us skin cream. I’m pretty sure she’s part of a MLM but it’s nothing too serious.”

Enzo laughed at the last comment, but someone with the skills Detective Marshall had could tell it wasn’t a joyful sound. “It’s her name actually. My wife is pretty...stubborn. I took her last name and have been regretting it since.” Shrugging, he finished with, “Who knows where it’s from. She doesn’t like talking about her family too much. You know how it goes.”

His fingers were itching. Itching to touch the man and ‘convince’ him to leave. Itching to reach into his pocket. Itching to text Abigail back.

Itching to just end this burdensome relationship and wrap around Zaphkiel’s throat.

Instead, Enzo smiled sweetly for Detective Marshall as his mind screamed profanities at the man. “Is that all? I’d like to get back to what I was doing.” This was fine. There was no proof. At the most, he just needed to use his powers to escape unscathed once again.

((Interacting with @ManofManyRoles’s Detective Marshall | Mentioned @Deathkitten’s Abigail/Muse and Aelia Aelia Aeldyne’s Zaphkiel))

F0EE764B-C983-44F7-B1BE-9FB813683158.jpeg
Yami
Interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Yami was clearly happy when Ruru picked her up. Hugging her chest as she nuzzled into Ruru as she glanced to the reaper lady. She started to calm down but that quickly changed when another lady with big horns popped out of nowhere making yami yelp and Hide her face against Ruru’s chest babbling incoherent things against Ruru as she hid her face thinking she couldn’t be seen now. Her lower right hand waved at the two people as she babbled more into Ruru’s chest. Wanting to stop getting startled and scared.​

Detective Marshall

The good detective studied 'Gregory' in silence, nodding slowly at his excuse. He wanted to play ball then, alright. On top of that, he wasn't a run of the mill idiot criminal, how nice for a change. Ah well, ball was in his court then. And he hadn't been explicitly asked to leave yet, so he still had time here. "I see. Well, trust me when I say I personally wouldn't be bothered. You see a couple dozen crime scenes and things used for 'fun' stop being a shock factor. But I respect the request, I won't go pawing through your room." He rubbed the back of his head as if in thought, before reaching into a coat pocket to produce a pack of cigarettes. "You don't mind if I light, do you? You want one?" He offered the box's top in direction of Gregory, already having put one between his lips but refusing to light it just yet. "I've just got a few questions, I won't be long, got my word on that." As he spoke his eyes gained that ethereal blue glow to them. He said he wouldn't search the room, however, the fabric of time was always free game. A loophole, sure. But free game all the same. He gazed back into the past, witnessing Enzo stow away the stolen goods in the hotel safe. Witnessed him verbally abuse Zaph who he had been told was his 'wife', though that didn't seem to be the case. There seemed to be a priest who passed out here as well after what was an angelic discussion? And before any of that happened, the poor woman had tried to toss herself off the balcony to her death. Huh...he never thought he could learn to hate someone so damn quickly.

The entire process took about five to ten seconds, and by the time he was done he was staring dead-on at Enzo. "So, do you prefer Gregory, or Enzo? Here's what I think is going on, but you're free to correct me if I'm wrong. You've been collecting money and valuables off of individuals in this hotel, and I suspect you've been doing it through some sort of power you possess. None of the affected have a memory of the occurrence. However, I'm willing to bet all the money I have in my checking account that your safe is full of those items. You've also been verbally abusive to your 'wife', which in itself is domestic abuse and is punishable." Putting away the cigarettes whether Enzo had taken one (and in which case had gotten it lit) or not, he lit his own, blowing a plume of smoke. "You also hosted a priest here for a bit, but I think that was out of your control. You can easily prove me wrong, and make bank, by opening your safe and proving that fact." Usually, he'd have played the long con, but god DAMN did this guy have a solidified place in the book of 'people I'd like to shoot'. He stood with his hands in his pockets, puffing on the cigarette and poker-faced. The ball was in Enzo's court now.
image0.jpg

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Casey Kemp

He gave a small shrug at Ada's protests, unbothered by her reaction. "Just don't want something stupid to happen. I feel it's a valid concern. If that's your male role model, are you not going to take notes?" Punching a hole through the code wall, he glared as his computer experienced a lag spike...he knew he should have spent more money. And then...what the fuck was this shit? A VI? He slowly turned his attention towards Ada, propping his head up in a hand and leveling his free hand's index finger at the screen. "If this doesn't scream 'problem', I don't know what does." Grumbling to himself he fixed his posture, studying the box. Was it just a catchy name, or was this a real cerberus? As in, nothing was allowed in or out? Well...he'd just busted in, let's see if he could force things out.

His fingers flew across the computer, his response being formatted. Greetings, Cerbarus. I'm looking into Sean Peetif Mallory. Requesting files relevant to him, his powers, and his background. Leaning back in the seat he crossed his arms, staring at the screen. "I'm curious as to what's going on his life that everything is in a damned virtual intelligence."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back