• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Viona

Viona looked at the rain that showed no sign of stopping. "You dont deserve to sit out here in the rain, your a hero mom! If they wont let us in then ill let myself in!" she said standing up walking to the door. She looked at it before nodding walking back and running up dropkicking the door open. the lock breaking as the door swung open. a heavy clunk being made as Vionas suit of armor fell to the ground. Viona now rolling around in pain at her head hitting the back of her helmet. "Ow ow ow ow.... I opened it ma! Come on inside" she chimed proudly getting up holding the door open for her.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (forgive me for shortness)

Alexander

Alexander listened to Chrysos carefully, though nothing he said made a difference. Once a snake in the grass, always a snake in the grass. Monsters that hid in the darkness of L.A, just wearing a new mask. Wolfs in sheep clothing. "We'll see how long that lasts," he muttered under his breath in spite at Chrysos explanation on why he was being a hero. Just meant he couldn't kill them all like he should now, they were 'legal'. He'd wait, and the moment they slipped up, he'd do what was only right. Demons in the guise of man, that's what they were. His attention shifted to Jenny as she spoke, and if he had been 'wearing his face', the widest smile would be on it right now. "Hey there Red...missed you." A soft laugh escaped him, sadness and relief mingled into each other. "I'd love to dance, but let's make sure you've got your bearings first. Small steps at a time." He rested his 'head' against hers, a soft sigh escaping him. He had his family back...he had his girls back. And he'd never let them go again. Nothing would take them away again...nothing.

He turned his attention to Jewel, then Chrysos, then Jewel once again. "Thank you, Jewel...your help is appreciated...could your apprentice please move to the hall, he makes me...uncomfortable." More honestly, he rather not have the smear on existence ruining the moment, and he was exactly two minutes from tossing him out the window. But he couldn't openly say that, now could he?
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Corvus

Corvus_Sketchy.png
The plague doctor didn't really get a chance to object, her adoptive daughter forcing open the door without a clear invitation. "Dear girl, that was a bit excessive. I don't mind sitting in the rain, the weather doesn't bother me." Standing up, the tapping of her staff could be heard as she approached her daughter, tutting softly. "Silly girl. Come now, stand up, are you alright? Do you want me to check you? I'll check you after we get you something to drink." Taking her hand and helping her upright she walked with her into the cafe, gently tipping her tophat once again, water trailing off it as she walked in. "I apologize for the intrusion. We really do mean no harm, I can provide my identification if needed. Could we please have a table?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Eden Tanner / Gas Station Robbery / Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Eden had been bored the last few months but there was a rise in activity which had kept her busy bouncing all over the rooftops and alleyways of LA when she wasn’t busy with her public life. She wasn’t complaining of course, she enjoyed the work out and the quote-unquote training. She wished she could just find a super cool, super rich mentor like in the movies. She could live with using basic ammunition and her old rifle and handgun. But she was concerned about being tracked by the police if she ever slipped up. And it would be really helpful if she had a grappling gun and maybe an arsenal of like super high tech useful ammunition. Like tranquilizers or sticky...things. Or tracking equipment so she could take a break from having to wander all over the place with the stench of the thugs she spent her nights chasing. Though recently it hadn’t only been thugs causing problems.

Those wishful thoughts had been what finally lulled her to sleep last night, amid the traffic noise from her cracked window. And what woke her up was the sound of her police scanner screaming from under her bed. Sitting up in bed so quickly she nearly fell over Eden grabbed her pillow and slammed it back down, letting out a groan. She grimaced as she pulled out the scanner, turning the volume down to the lowest possible setting. That was not a pleasant wake up call! Eden slid off her bed before stretching for her phone, quickly pulling up the gps app and plugging in the destination given on the scanner. She had a terrible time with directions and getting lost on the job was rather unhelpful. Once that was set Eden got out of the apartment as quietly as possible, her gear bag slung over her shoulders and her outfit hastily changed into. The rifle was disassembled inside along with the handgun. It was less conspicuous that way. Once out of the front door she tried to get to her destination as quickly as possible, avoiding a lot of the foot traffic. It was a Saturday but it seemed to have started rather hectically!

Eden stopped within eyesight of the gas station, taking a deep breath and finding a good vantage point. Unfortunately gas stations weren’t very good for shooting into but she wasn’t going to risk going up close with a telekinetic. If she could get in a good shot before the robber knew she was there...Eden walked through possible scenarios as she got within shooting range. She looked to determine if shooting through the door or one of the windows would be better. Luckily for her there weren’t posters and ads painted all over the glass, she could shoot unobstructed. And that was the problem.

The vigilante let out a confused chuckle and looked at the scene, focusing her hearing as well which only added to the confusion. She could see the customers, and the cashier and the vilian. But that was the only thing clear about this situation. The villain had a gun, pointed at the cashier, okay that made sense. But the cashier...also had a gun? Eden looked around in exasperation, but of course she was tucked away without anyone around to ask about this weirdness occurring in the building in front of her. So...a hostage situation….Eden wasn’t sure what to do about that. She wasn’t good at hand to hand, and if the robber was a telekinetic then she should get within range of their ability. Possible situations ran through her head and Eden let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed her bag, unloading her rifle. Then she focused on what was happening inside. The villain was, ironically, trying to talk the cashier out of his twisted heroics and Eden was trying to understand how this was reality and not some comedy show. On the count of three Eden squeezed the trigger, sending a bullet through the glass and into the counter between the two armed parties. She wasn't about to risk shooting the robber in case that went wrong and while startling one or both of them with her gun shot might cause a misfire that was a risk she'd take. She needed a better shot to get the robber incapacitated but she didn't want to do that up close. And given that the robber seemed quite flustered at their current situation, Eden was banking on the intrusion causing her to just give up and run, which would give Eden a chance to give chase.

Last edited:
Velocity

Mary rolled over in her bed with a groan, fumbling on her nightstand for her alarm clock. "C'mon...C'mon. Uggghhhh, turn offff." Her hand finally found the 'off' button, resulting her in rolling out of bed in her absolutely nothing. Her room mate was always out of the dorm room way too damn early in the morning. And even if she wasn't, the girl genuinely didn't seem to care about how she slept. Maybe because she was blind? Naaaaah. Well, yes the woman was blind, but that'd be too easy an explanation. Grabbing a set of clothes out of her closet she meandered to the bathroom and hopped into a cold shower, the effect enough to jolt her awake. Not only that, there was health benefits to this...as much as it sucked to get used to at first. A quick clean up and she was out, drying off and getting dressed. Walking out into her dorm room she jumped a bit at the sound of a new alert on the hero radio, thank god her roommate wasn't here. Red mist at Santa monica pier? Sounded interesting, she could get involved. Zipping over to a small safe she had brought from home for 'personal possessions' she zoomed through the keypad entry, popping it open to reveal the suit she had...borrowed from dad.

"Alright, I got two hours before class, I can get this done way before then." Putting on her suit she stretched for a moment, rolling her shoulders. Alright, good to go! Or well, she would be good to go, until her phone buzzed. Checking it she gave a sigh of relief, just mom. 'Love you sweetie, have a good day at school! <3'. Sending a response of 'Love you too, thank's mom! Text you this evening!' she put the phone away, moving to the window. One...two....three...go! Kicking into her speed, she opened her window, closed it, and shot her dorm in the blink of an eye, rushing towards the pier. A gust of wind followed her as she zoomed through L.A, the entire city moving in slow motion. It was always sort of amusing to get this view of people, it was like watching youtube at way too slow speed, let her notice the little details. Like...that pigeon dropping about to land on that poor bald guys head. Ah dammit, that wasn't fair to him. Diverting for a moment she gently moved the gentleman forward a little bit before zooming off. He'd just figure he tripped, and he'd miss being shamed for the day, perfect!

Arriving at the pier in less than a minute, she did the Ali bounce in place, looking around. Alright, red mist, how best to handle this. "Sheesh, I understand the time of the month, but this is ridiculous. How best to handle this...the area is too large to shove into a funnel of air, and it'd be stupid to rush headfirst into it. Maybe I could find a big leafblower and just blow it away."

adam-isailovic-d2.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

For once, Alexandria was up early, but saying she was up early was like saying you won a foot race fair and square when you had half a mile head-start in a mile-long race. For Alexandria, it meant she was up all night working on the commission she had gotten in from the Church, so her being up early meant she had been up all night, giving her her "half-mile head start." Strewn across her workbench were a plethora of different tools and scraps that were meant for the blaster in front of her, and more than one coffee mug empty of its former contents. She had went through more than she should have, admittedly, as she had to take her government-required break to suffer with those consequences.

It went without saying that Alexandria didn't get to eat during that break, but she was also in her own base, so fuck the Government.

Things were like clockwork once the scanner chirped. It had been the same way for the past few years that she had been a hero. It was almost guaranteed that one had something to do by 0800-0900, and when a code red went out for SCP, Alexandria was suddenly more alert than the coffee could have ever dreamed of. SCP Foundation was a meme- or at least that's what they wanted you to think considering they took the word "Meme" and made it a thing - "Memetics," which wasn't something she was about to remind herself about because she was already sprinting off to the emergency hatch that would lead her to her suit.

"Namina- outfit the suit with all the hazmat PPE that we have for it!" She barked out as she kept at a dead sprint. "And make damn sure that I have the Nanosuit packed and kitted for Hazardous environments - we don't know what that Mist is that the scanner noted and I don't wanna be turned into a fucking zombie!"

Namina, in her calculations, knew that she didn't have more time to give an actual response aside from a beep of acknowledgement as the suit's tank began to whir to life. Mechanical arms with different small pieces were swapping other pieces from the suit to add new ones, and in this case, the protocols didn't allow for going light on any protection that the facility could afford. The scrubbers in the helmet were even refitted to carry a larger purifying canister, and everything had been doubled down on its seals and weak points. Nanobots would have to work for the joints, which were being synced to Mantis's software.

"Preparations are complete, Dr. Norman," came her voice just as Alexandria burst through the door to the room. "Do you require weapon recommendations for the mission?"

"If that was a joke about fighting Xiard before," she snapped as she pulled a revolving minigun battery and barrel from the shelves. "Then I dunno who to pat on the back.

"Also, no, I don't," she continued. After having modified the barrel and the battery to fit to the armor, she was snatching up the heavy riot shield - struggling with its weight with her human strength- to attach it to the back, then ensuring that the primary loadout was still ready and functional within the suit's compartments. "Put out a ping that I'm going to need a Hero who is confident in their equipment to handle unknown airborne hazards - and deny any of the ones who think they'd be immune. I'm not taking risks and I'm not wasting ammunition."

That said, the Mantis opened - bloomed as if an orchid, spread wide to the world before it, and as Alexandria climbed in, it would snap shut, start up, and rocket off. She wasn't going to be wasting time on getting to the Pier, and she wasn't going to waste her time with any heroes that didn't think to bring any protective equipment.

"Dr. Norman," Namina's voice piped up, chiming in the helmet. "Superhero Velocity is already on-scene and investigating. Diagnostics of what can be found concerning her suit suggests she may have the equipment required to handle the situation."

"Then I guess we'll be cooperating anyway," was her only reply during the flight to the Pier, and it didn't seem like she was far behind the Speedster when her thrusters lowered her to the entrance to the pier. Just as the scanner had suggested, the mist was heavy, but it wasn't really something that obstructed Alexandria's view. She may not have even need thermal or low-light filters for this one, either. More importantly, though, she needed to make sure at least a sample of the mist was contained for further observation. Someone that she knew had to have known what to do with it in order to figure out what exactly it was - and if it could occur again.

"Velocity, right?" Alexandria called out, her voice somewhat digitally distorted by her helmet's speaker. "I don't think it's a good idea to go in by yourself. Let's stick together and figure out what we can about all this."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chrysos

Chrysos smiled as she asked about his power, luck was a pretty strange power wasnt it. " Nah, i cant control it or anything. Ive learned how to manipulate it to my favor some. But Miss Fortuna si a fickle goddess. Honestly i learned about my power after winning the lottery on a ticket my mom bought me when i was 5. When she took me to get it cashes, an 18 wheeler crashed and hit me. Somehow i got out of that with barely any injuries. For one bit of good luck, I shall always recieve bad luck of an equal magnitude." he was about to continue when he heard the client request him leave the room. "it appears my time is up Miss Angela. Till another day" he gently bowed goodbye to angela before ing over to the table grabbing his AR. "Ill guard the entrance Miss jewel. If our clients this paranoid he might have a good reason. Permission to use lethal force? On second though. Rubber bullets too many civilians for AP rounds." he asked as he opened the door checking both corners before answering his own question. Taking the magazine out he quickly hid it within his clothes putting a rubber round magazine instead. Closing the door he looked down each side of the hallway again as he Kept the gun in constant ready fire. Still resurrection stuff. Leave it to luck that chrysos first outing would be so confusing. Maybe he should study up on some magic? Nah, Miss Jewel seemed nice, but Chrysos had a feeling shes the type to throw someone into a ravine and tell them to climb out to improve stamina. Maybe force them on a treadmill with a tazer behind them. Chrysos wasn't really up for that. "Main hallway clear. Client and civilians inside with Jewel." he mumbled to himself as he walked to the end of each side of the hallway checking the corners as well. Chrysos would at least take this seriously when there wasnt anybody to showboat around.

Velocity

The petite speedster turned her head to take notice of Alexandria, still doing a loose Ali Shuffle as she waited. There wasn't a real reason to it, just felt more comfortable staying moving honestly. "Yea, that'd be me." She eyed up Machina's perhaps overly kitted suit. There was being prepared, then there was this. It just mist so far! Disappearing from natural sight she zoomed up right next to Machina, looking her over. Then zoomed to the other side for a look there, then the back, then the front. Finally stopping her bouncing she rested a hand at her helmets chin as if thinking. "You know bullets don't work on air, right? Or mist, for that matter. Buuut if you try really hard you might actually make it work!"

The 4'8 speedster zipped back next to Machina, staring at the mist. "Well I wasn't planning on rushing in. I know how this movie goes, some poor idiot rushes in and gets super powers-waaaait a minute." She glanced at Machina, grinning behind her mask. "Want to give it a shot, get some free powers?" Turning her attention back to the mist she paused, serious dammit! "Honestly, I don't really work with people, you're just...really slow. But I can deal for now. Alright so, first method would be to figure out how large an area is affected. Give me a second...maybe half." Giving a quick flick of two fingers to say 'later' the petite individual soared off, leaving Machina to deal with a large gust of wind that backlashed against her. Time dilated and slowed as she soared across the ground in her sprint. It hit the edge of the pier and seemed to just cookie cutter, stopping perfectly at it's edge. Weird! Changing direction she dropped off next to the side of the pier, moving quick enough that the water didn't have time to drag her in. Circling the entire Pier she raised an eyebrow. There wasn't anyone in there...no one. No gulls either, that was weird. Rats with wings were everywhere! Circling the entire pier from land to water to land again, she stopped at a halt next to Machina. The entire experience took about half a second, Velocity going back to her bounce.

"It's cordoned off to only the pier, it doesn't extend out to sea. But it's exclusively to the pier, like it's cookie cuttered and cordoned off. There's no one in there that I could see. No gulls either, nothing. I'm up open guesses and speculation."
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Bells
Well, she wanted interesting. Crying book fit that to a T. Were these... prisons? He was right about gods being a pain in the ass. Anything powerful enough would be. With these books... she was pretty sure that mage council would wanna talk to him.

Hm. He was pretty cute. Caring. Seemed like a softie but knew how to play it rough when he needed to. She was thinking of this as he spoke to the book, and as he summoned his friend, and... wait. Is that a demon or something? What the hell IS she?

“Uhh... hi there new person. Dude if you’re gonna be doing magic like summoning people I suggest you do it somewhere other than a metro. As entertaining as it is, the people trying to get places get annoyed, which again, brings superheroes. Anyway, lady, what are you?? Are you a demon? You have spikes out the wazoo so my guesses are either that or a dragon. I’m Bells though, nice to meet you.”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Sathias/Sarah, Darren, and Jupiter
”As long as I have a change of clothes for whatever tears, I don’t mind being a shield for you,” Darren said, partly a teasing statement, but he really would step in if something could actually hurt her.

Jupiter looked eager, “Sweet. Seems like my Saturday will be interesting after all.”

Sathias gave the group another skeletal smile, “I appreciate it. Sarah refuses to do so right this second, though.” On cue, her flames were doused as if with water, and Sarah sat there instead. She gripped the cup in front of her with a massive sigh, “I am so not going to work until I have at least two cups of coffee and preferably some food. The bastards will be there when we hunt them. It’s not like they stopped trying to hunt us, so they don’t go far from their base. Like annoying wasps.”

She sipped at her coffee, a little annoyed it had started to get cold, “As for Agas. If she shows up to end shit, yes. Options a through z are to get civvies out of there. I’ve heard she’s not exactly... oh what’s the word? Particular about how many sins someone has? I’d rather Joe down the street not get blazed just because he shat in his neighbor’s yard once when he was drunk.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Natalie Brenton

Natalie flashed him a grin, winking. "Don't worry. If you want, we'll start buying your outfits in bulk. At least until you get your outfit." Glancing at Jupiter she simply shrugged, sipping her tea that had finally been delivered...huh, not bad. Turning her attention to Sathias transferring to Sarah she raised the sweet roll to her mouth, taking a bite. Finishing what she had in her mouth she flashed a grin. "Good, makes it easier to find them then. They want to come looking, SoulFlare will give them something to find. Just another group of insane people who can actually do some damage, not the first time I've had this bout and won't be the last." Natalie seemed totally unconcerned with the prospect she might actually be able to be killed, or that the task at hand held any danger to her. If it did bother her, her mountain of confidence hid it well.

Glancing at Sarah she gave a nod, sipping her tea again. "Borderline misanthropic, in her own strange way. She doesn't hate humanity, per say. She hates what it does and what it's come to stand for. It's hard to understand unless you share a room with her. I'm just hoping no one here has to see that happen ever." She took another sip, perhaps a bit too calm about the prospect of the entire city being leveled to the outside eye. "Since you already took the worst of it, I can front line this fight. I may not have fifty years of experience, but I've got more than enough experience first hand to be able to help and get this sorted."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jewel, Jenny, and Angela
Jewel shrugged and watched as Chrysos moved himself to the hall. She’d love to defend him, but this poor sap looked broken. Maybe he was uncomfortable with ex-villains? Not an uncommon thing. He kinda had to put up with her, but the one talking to his daughter...? Yeah, it was understandable. She folded her arms and gave them a small smile, “You’re welcome. It’s my job to help.”

Jenny had such a sweet little laugh, barely a whisper, “I didn’t mean right now, silly. Mm... can we all just go home, cuddle, and try to forget this ever happened? The... I... um... I think what happened to Angela and I before we died is going to haunt me unless I have you next to me. You’re my buoy.” She chuckled again, smiling up at his shadowy head.

Jewel cleared her throat, “Ah... if that’s all you needed... I guess I’ll be on my way?”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon @MananyRoles

Alexander

Eyes followed Chrysos leave, his shoulders slowly untensing as the boy was gone out of sight. If he hadn't left by himself, he'd have gone out the window, simple as that. His attention returned to his wife, keeping her close. "I'll get things sorted out, I promise. Might take me a day or two, but we'll go home soon, I promise. I promise, I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you. I'll geet things sorted." His attention shifted to Jupiter, giving a soft nod. "Yes...that's all. Thank you." It felt...wrong, taking an ex-villains help. Even more wrong to let a mafia child anywhere near his daughter or his wife. You can put diamonds on a shit, it was still a piece of shit. "I'll remember this, Jewel."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sylvia
Now outside, Sylvia looked at her husband as they got in the car, "Yeah... they're definitely gonna end up doing something stupid. At the least, he does keep her safe. I'm just... worried what he'll find for her to read. I might have you ask her first, instead of me, just to make sure she doesn't spout the Necronomicon or whatever. Just to be safe for me since you guys are both nuts." She gave Adam a sly grin, teasing him.

"Alright, anyway! Here's to hoping we got a bunch of people we can question. I don't have my hopes super high, but we should get at least one or two to chat with us," she said, sighing and leaning back into the seat, "That ghost is not all there upstairs either, so I dunno how much I'm gonna get outta her. Already she said she can't describe the 'evil' one. BUT. From what she said, I'd guess the person responsible is housing themselves at the hotel for the moment. We might wanna be quiet about our presence, or else we'll spook them."

"What do you think? You're better at making these sorts of plans than me."

Claymore - Gas station

'Twas a good morning in the service of God and justice. Okay, it was a bit cold. And rainy. And stormy too. Well, fuck that morning in particular. Not that it mattered to her. Even if the thunderstorms were pouring water out like it was judgement day, her faith was burning and ironclad in her heart, and that was warmth enough to stave off the chilly attentions of the clouds. Riding down the lane at high velocity, phone in the pocket and music in the ears, she was off to another good day's work, after a good night's work and many other days and nights. Sleepless and restless, a new day was just a passing of dawn for her, and yet today she felt acutely awake. An alert had come on the scanner. Someone was robbing a gas station in the vicinity. Well... That wouldn't do, would it ? The music grew louder in her ears.

I'm gonna fight'em all-
A seven nation army couldn't hold me ba-a-ack-

She was wearing a black leather coat, thick, warm and impervious to the outside rain. Under it, burnished gold plate - cross-marked pauldrons included - and a white shirt underneath. Her arms were clad in gilded steel too, and they alike were hidden under the black leather. She'd have worn her greaves too, but considering she had to ride her bike to the gas station under heavy rain and storm - and that she was trying to be inconspicuous - going out driving with golden steel heels and leg armor struck her as a singularily bad idea; black boots it was, then. For that same reason, she was wearing leather gloves over her mail gloves instead of her usual articulate scale - more discreet.

They're gonna rip it off-
Taking their time right behind my back-

She didn't have anything to hide anyway, but it was better to be able to get closer to the target without being noticed. Her long platinum blond hair was flowing down to her waist, cowed not even by the wind or rain as it fluttered behind her. On her back, strapped, a sword and a shield - good thing she had a cloak three sizes too big, only the tip of the sword was visible down the hemline, and the hilt barely noticeable up the collarline.

And I'm talking to myself at night-
Because I can't forget-
Back and forth through my mind-

Behind a cigare-ette...

Bike.png

And she had arrived to the parking lot. After drifting and stopping her motorcycle - a black and gold and damn sexy beast packing more horsepower than most cars - and putting down the kickstand, she stepped off and walked into the gas station like she owned the place - a sure stride, unbroken by even her entry into a gravity zone; she staggered a little, but not noticeably so, and she kept her shoulders up like she had every right to be there. She unplugged her earphones, stuffing them back into her coat pocket, and amped up her phone volume just loud enough so the melody coming from it could be heard. She stared through her visor, a black skull face eyeing the entire situation.

Helmet.png

The cashier was a brazen one, holding himself at gunpoint to cut off the young robber's possibilities of action. No memorable feature physically, but a strong will, this one. The villainess on the other hand was rather the opposite. Beautiful in cute ways and strikingly well-endowed at that, but lacking any sort of composure. Her voice was shaky, her gestures unsteady, and she clearly had no experience in wielding her gun. Would be an easy opponent if it came to fighting - if not for her powers. She seemed to be holding the entire room down through some sort of gravity - which wasn't an aura since it hadn't stopped when she had stepped in - and she didn't seem the slightest bit strained by the effort.

Eva snatched a pack of doritos on her way to the counter, grabbing a five from her pocket, before putting both on the counter - which for some reason had a recent bullet mark, and leaning against it like she had every right to be there - just a random regular biker coming around. She ramped her phone volume to the max, brought her visor up and stared at the villain with her silver-black eyes filled with faith, resolve, but also a fair bit of nonchalance. And she sang along.

"And the message coming from my eyes-"
"And the message coming from my eyes-"
"Says leave it aloooone..."
"Says leave it aloooone..."

Hers was a soft voice, but soft did not equate weak, and it carried out to the whole room, her tones merging with and emerging over the beat of the song as she kept glaring at the robber. It was a voice reminiscent of the warmth of piety, but also of the searing heat of heavenly wrath - and the soft embrace of death.

"Don't wanna hear about it-"
"Don't wanna hear about it-"

"Every single one's got a story to tell-"
"Everyone knows about it-"
"From the Queen of England to the Hounds of Hell-"
"And if I catch it coming back my way-"
"And if I catch you coming back this way-"

On this line, she brought her sword out, still sheathed and rested it against the counter, right hand on the pommel. Only now could its full length be appreciated. 50 inches of still-hidden sharp steel, ready to be revealed.

"I'm gonna serve it to you-"
"I'm gonna serve it to you-"
"And that ain't what you want to hear-"
"And that ain't what you want to hear-"
"But that's what I'll dooo..."
"But that's what I'll dooo..."

"And the feeling coming from my bones"
"And the feeling coming from my bones"
"Says find a home"
"Says find a jooob-"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

Last edited:
alexander wife.pngJenny, Angela, and Jewel
Jewel reached into her pocket, and with a small flourish of magic, produced a pair of sunglasses, which she summarily offered to Jenny, "Here you go. Like I said, you shouldn't feel so overwhelmed for long. It'll pass. I'm glad I could help." She sighed and looked to the blur of shadows that was Alexander's head, "I know I used to be a villain... and I can tell that makes you uncomfortable. Please take solace in the fact that I'm doing more for people now than I would be dead. I'm not a good person... not like my husband Oscar. He cares in ways I don't understand."

Jewel chuckled dryly, "But I love him. I quit villain work for him. I became a hero for him. I... doing any sort of bad sh-erm... stuff... would really upset him and worse, disappoint him. People like me aren't ideal, but all I can do is help people. I can't change my past. The future, though? I'm never going to be a villain again. I can't say the same for Chrysos. Honestly, I don't know what motivates him. Hopefully, though, he finds something that does. When you're a villain, your life expectancy is really low. He's barely an adult... probably hasn't even experienced life outside of his family. This whole apprentice thing'll be good for him, I hope. Heh... gotta get him to stop introducing himself with his last name, though. People aren't keen on giving him a chance when he does that."

Jenny slid the sunglasses onto her face, grateful for even the slight reduction in light. She already felt a budding headache coming on - a welcome sensation when all you had before was fog, but not something you'd appreciate for long. She was still curled against her husband's chest, but made the effort to turn her head and look at Jewel. Her voice came, soft and unsure, but sweet as dew, "Well... I for one can be considered part of your fan-club now, Miss Jewel."

Jewel blushed at that and flapped a hand at Jenny loosely, standing to leave, "Oh my God, you're too sweet. Just focus on getting better, I don't need a fan-club. Anyway! Just... um... I'll go now. Hope you guys have a good day and all that crud." She cleared her throat and left, more than a little flustered. She wasn't used to such compliments. No one was a part of her "fan-club". Her fan-club was nonexistent. The closest thing to one would be edgy teens that thought she was cool for being a "bad bitch".

She rubbed her cheeks as she walked past Chrysos, "Alright, we're done here. Let's find something else to do, yeah? What sort of mission are you interested in, kid?"

Jenny watched the door shut behind Jewel in relative silence before looking back to her husband, and then to her daughter, "Angela, are you alright?"

"Been better, but I'm just happy you're okay now momma," Angela laughed dryly, flopping down onto the bed, "Let's just not worry about something for two seconds, yeah? What's wrong with me won't kill me, so it's whatever. I might just end up more like poppa."

Jenny's pretty little brows furrowed as she looked back to Alexander with concern, but she said nothing of it. If Angela wanted to not worry about it right now, then it was the least they could do. What was another topic? Heavenly Father, her head was starting to hurt. Maybe a nap would be best? When had she last slept? She touched her fingers of her left hand to her lips as she thought about it but gave up with a small sigh soon after.

"Love? What's the strange glowing box on the wall? Is it... some sort of TV?" she asked, finding a subject suitable enough to change to. Angela had been flipping through channels earlier, as many are wont to do when in a hotel room. At the moment it was on some random house flipper show. "How many channels does it have? Mm... could you two show me it? Perhaps that's how we could try to relax and just be?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Detective Marshall

Getting into the car and starting it, he leaned back in his seat with a huff, staring at the roof. "Yea...I know. It's always something. He keeps her safe, sure, but there's other problems that prop up. I'll ask M&M first, just to be safe yea. And I already told you we don't have a copy of the Necronomicon. And if we did, for your own safety, I wouldn't admit to it." He heaved a heavy sigh, staring out the car windshield. "When she's older, I'm going to have to have a long talk with her about him. Why she shouldn't idolize him or be so friendly with him. He's nothing but evil, but he has his own unique uses....not looking to talking to her about that. I just don't want to open a case one day and find out my daughter is leading a cult and sacrificing kids to him, or turning people into goat mindless zombies to do his bidding...or starting a coup. He's a bit too persuasive, and kids are impressionable."

Backing out of the drive and starting off he glanced at her, then back to the road. "We should stick together. We'll cover less ground, but if there's a 'great evil', probably best for both of us to stay together. If you can keep people distracted and question them while we're in their rooms, I'll do my thing and look at a rewind. Depending on what comes up, we'll have a course of action. Otherwise, we're going to have to come up with a new plan."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Alexander

He studied Jewel for a few awkward moment as she spoke, nodding his 'head' once. "Thank you. I do appreciate your help...I'll remember it." There was some part of him that wanted to still hate her, hold her accountable for what she'd done as a villain. But helping his wife, getting her back to normal...he could give her a pass, for now. So long as she stayed on the straight and narrow now...he'd let it pass. She could be worse, like that apprentice of hers...he'd have to sanitize the room, it felt dirty. "I mean nothing personal against you...but I'd rather not see your apprentice again. Have a good day."

Watching her leave, his arms tightened a bit around Jenny in a tight hug, a soft sigh escaping him. It was so good to have her back, to have her home...to hold her in his arms and have her know. A tendril escaped his back, reaching out to the door and making sure it was shut before locking it up. Alone once again, the shadowy mist that made up a head solidified into his actual head. "I'm so glad to have you both back...I have a lot to do to get you two settled and comfortable. But...I'd like to just sit with you both for now." His attention shifted to Angela, a sad and apologetic smile crossing his features. "I'm sorry sweetie...whatever happens, I'll help you. If you wind up similar to me, I'll help. I promise."

Nothing to worry about...nothing to worry about for a little bit. He could do that for now. Attention moving to the TV he nodded, a slight chuckle escaping him. "Yea, it's a TV. Looks nothing like it used too. Remember when we had three, maybe four channels? They have thousands now...it's honestly a bit mind-numbing. Some of it's interesting, some of it's dull, some of it you have to pay to watch...some of it I'd just rather not talk about." Oh god he had to learn how to childlock a TV at some point, didn't he? The last thing he needed was anyone in his house watching some of the drivel and outright smut that existed on the television sets now. An uncomfortable feeling ran through his stomach at the thought...horrible. Raising his hand up, it shot out in a shadowy line to grab the remote before retracting. And from there, he just started to explain about the television, the remote features, what there was to watch.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Chrysos

Chrysos turned to his mentor suprised. "That fast? Heh. As expected of a wizard like you." He joked relaxing as he slung his gun around his shoulder. Hearing her mention missions and stuff. "Well, I'm fine with anything, violence is unfortunately my specialty but I should broaden my horizons. Maybe take a wand and cut a lightning mark into my head." Chuckling some at his own Joke. Magic? Chrysos was interested but thought it to be a bad idea. Who knows what chrysos luck could do to magic? One spell maybe like as powerful as a council mage, another one may explode in his own face. The risks to himself and those around him outweighed the benefits. "Anyway. Still raining pretty heavy outside, anywhere you wanna stop and wait it out? I'd say here but I have the smaaaallest of suspicions that the client doesn't like my lineage. I'd rather not be thrown out a window today."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Pydir

In Pydirs prison she felt a bright light around her. The chains shattered as she could feel herself being forcibly teleported. The moment she opened her eyes to light her wings stretched wide. Her eyes still adjusting to the new light around her, rain floating in mid air? Sophia came out first didn't she. She would have pouted, yet her very first instinct now that she was free of that prison. Was to seek physical affection. Her wings came swooping in. Scooping up the succubus and James pulling them into the arms of Pydir who hugged them tight. "JAAAAAAAMES" she said im tears as her arms and wings surrounded them. Her tens of thousands of spikes prodding and poking against them. It was like being in an iron maiden at this point. "JAMES WHERE ARE WE!? IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR PLACE BUT IM A DRAGON AGAIN!? she was too confused scared and busy sobbing to answer the succubi's answer. This was quite common for Pydir. She meant well but she was quite a handful.

James

Casting a glance at Bells he gave a shrug, not really caring right now. "I don't want to hear it about being annoyed, they didn't just get killed and respawned into bullshit yet again. I honestly don't care if heroes show up or not. My number one priority is making sure everyone's okay." Before he could say anything else he was embraced by Pydir, air escaping him like a whistling wheeze. "Hey Pydir, it's okay. Hug it out." There was no point in trying to struggle out of the much stronger dragons embrace, he just had to cope with the pain...it hurt just as much as he remembered it did. "Pydir is a Nergigante, a dragon. She eats other dragons...not a demon. Just a dragon." Trying to keep as still as possible to prevent himself from being further torn up he spoke, though his voice still sounded strained. "We all got hit by the subway. We got reborn in a comic book world. I'm very sorry. I'll get us home as soon as I can."
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

The Pier
The Santa Monica Pier was eerily quiet, amusement park and all. There were no seagulls, no people, nothing except for the thick red mist that seemed to cling to the air around the pier. It hung like haze, a mirage of sorts, like the sort you see rising off of hot pavement in the summertime. Humid. Inside of this mist, the rain from the outside world seemed not to fall. After a few moments of being inside of it, even, the world outside the mist looked clear, sunny, not a drop of rain or clash of thunder to be seen. Slowly but surely as to not alert them, the mist extended until it touched them, dragging them into the circus.

Now, try as they might to leave the mist, it would be to no avail. Even if one were to go in a straight line away from the pier, the mist would seem to stretch and slow forever like a horror hallway in a nightmare. As though in molasses, no matter how hard you tried, how fast you ran, you couldn't get away.

Music started up in the air around them as the scene slowly distorted.

Everything looked taller. Stretched as the song played. Behind Velocity's ear, a giggle of a female child whispered, brushing her skin. Then, the patter of feet away towards the ferris wheel, accompanied by tiny glowing red footprints that faded into nothingness.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Trevor Weiland / Skeleton / Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Trevor had a late night and was currently on his way out of a coffee shop. He had an early morning routine with one of his high school buddies to meet up before dawn and work out. It didn’t really serve much of a purpose now that they weren’t in high school playing sports. Except now Trevor was looking to get into being a hero, so being fit and active was important. So he kept up with it. Also he liked it. His sister liked to call him a gym rat but he was quite that bad, atleast, he didn’t think so.

It had been raining pretty hard that morning though, so he had his umbrella clutched in one hand and a small black coffee with a pump of carmel in the other. Coffee in the morning on a rainy day was amazing! As the teen turned to head back home he noticed a bit of commotion down the street and veered a little off course. It had stopped raining really hard so he put his umbrella down and hooked it through the handle of his small gym bag. Then he took a cautious sip of his coffee before pulling out his phone. It was then that he heard excited murmurings and ended up nearly colliding with someone. He looked up to see a couple standing close to the building and holding their phones out to record something. It wasn’t hard to see what that something was either given that it was making its way towards them. It was big too, and chasing a butterfly? Trevor wasn’t as worried about it as the couple in front of him who, when the creature got a little closer snuck inside the building. Instead of moving Trevor crept a little closer, curiously gazing at the alien. He assumed it was an alien. It certainly looked like an alien.

He was slightly confused that there hadn’t been any chatter of it on the police scanner. Perhaps that meant it hadn’t been spotted yet? Or maybe it wasn’t an alien. Perhaps it was a shape shifting hero. Or perhaps no one has reported it yet and someone should. Trevor glanced from the creature down to his phone and bit his lip in indecision. He wasn’t even qualified to deal with whatever it was if it was a threat. But it didn’t seem to be so the least he could do was report a strange being in the area and try to say hi to it. It seemed to be friendly enough. After all, it was chasing the butterfly around like a little kid. How bad could it be?

After deciding not to send a tip to the police until it proved to be a threat Trevor freed up his hands by pulling the gym bag into his back like a backpack and holding his coffee carefully with his right hand. “Hey friend!” He casually, and quietly called out, approaching the creature. “Having fun?” He asked, waving slowly in a cautious greeting. His mom always told him he could make friends with anyone. And she would probably laugh at him right now, trying to make friends with the strange person (or thing) walking down the street. Trevor didn’t think it was a person though. It definitely looked alien. Which was confusing considering no one seemed to be doing anything about it.

bells2.pngBells
The dragon chick - apparently a dragon and not a demon - was a spiky motherfucker and apparently very goddamned strong because holy fuck this hug hurts!

Bells let out a sharp, thin exhale of breath like a hiss and pushed at the dragon Pydir fruitlessly, unable to move against her strength. Her voice strained, she managed to speak through it all, "OKAY HI. Please let me go this hurts and I'm pretty sure you've stabbed me a few times at least you big huggy porcupine." She was, indeed, pretty sure that this would be what hugging a porcupine would feel like... if the porcupine had super strength.

No, it wasn't gonna kill her or anything. Hell had far worse beings around and far worse would happen than a hug. BUT. That didn't mean it was pleasant. Why was a big scary dragon like herself a hugger anyway? And did he say she ATE other dragons? What the fuck? Wasn't that cannibalism?

Okay. New theory. She was a few crayons short of the knife drawer and was an unstable dragon. Why the hell else would a dragon eat other dragons? Like sure, in a survival situation, she knew they'd do it. Humans would do. Waste not want not and all that. But James here didn't make it sound like that was the case. Did she eat them for sustenance or for fun?

Did she feckin' hug 'em to death first? Fuck.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

sarah spirit of vengeance.jpgJupiter, Darren, and Sarah
Sarah groaned a little and leaned back in her chair, "This is still too early in the morning. I dunno about you guys, but I much prefer to do my work at night. So not a morning person. Sathias is an anytime is a good time for beating ass person, so she soooo doesn't count." She sighed and flopped her chair forward again, taking another long drink at her cup, "Sounds fine to me if you want to take lead. It'll be cool to see SoulFlare work, and beyond that, it'll be nice to be less likely to get cut into. Don't take it lightly though, alright? I mean, I've been at this for a long time now. Sathias is a bit... overdramatic... but it did suck. They're more prepared than most I've run into before. If they weren't, they'd already be dealt with. Gash or no."

"Hey Natalie? Do you think we should pick my family up when they come into the airport...? They'll be so miffed with me if I don't..." Darren asked suddenly, his mind elsewhere at the moment. Sure the whole spirit of vengeance thing was interesting, but... they were just chatting right now. It gave ample time for his mind to wander, and he was extremely worried about his parents arriving.

"You have family coming?" Jupiter asked, brows raised.

"Eh... unfortunately. It's a... complicated situation. Half my family are villains, the other half are heroes. It's not the good half that's coming," he explained, poking at his drink.

"That sounds more annoying to deal with than my own family. My condolences," Jupiter returned with a dry laugh. It really sounded like it sucked to be in the middle of that situation... especially with an SoV as your mentor. That was doomed from the start, as far as she was concerned.

Sarah chimed in, "Oof. Yeah. I can only imagine the choice words Agas would have if Natalie had to sit in a car with villains. I'd almost pay to watch it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back