• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rogue Killer - The airport

So the big guy was weak to fire... Alright, that meant leaving a shield there and deploying a heat ward around him to make sure he didn't catch on fire if the hostiles kept throwing rockets at us. "Third floor, where is the hole in the facade... Wait three seconds, time to put a shield around you and them..." That said... I put my bow back in its storage, and stuck my blade in the ground near the scrap pile. The gem on the pommel would serve as an anchor point for a shield similar to the one I had deployed a second before. It took me about three seconds to set up that shield and renew the one I had made before, though around Mazok specifically.

Now, creating a heat-proof shield was not something I had ever done before... Invert reaction, calculate total value of the chemical equation, determine convection radius and ratio... One... click. Two... click. Three... click. Four... click. Five... done. Five seconds to make those calculations.
"Three-three-null, 1250°C absorption, 2050°C deviation. I've set up a shield around you, so as long as you don't take a rocket directly to the jaw, you should be fine. I also warded the scrap heap. I suggest we run to the right wing of the building and progress from there. At least we'll be safe from heavy ordnance fire, I think."

chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

he nods, raising his dakka gun. "Fallow me ya git! we'z gonna krump dem." as he fires several shots into the facade as the shield forms. once done he made his way around, feet cracking the pavement with the force of his steps as he barreled around the building, firing at everyone who was heavily armed and without the LAPD tags near the terminal with loud and rapid shots aiming to suppress over kill for the moment as rouge caught up. "oi killa! get dat bow out and aim for targets, i'z will supress and shield you'z." as he kept firing, the weapon showing an absurd reliability as he kept shooting.

1586752683153.pngShield
Don't even have an outfit... don't even have the paperwork done... if anyone saw him, they'd assume he was doing something nefarious. He let out a long slow breath and followed behind SoulFlare without argument. She wasn't going to take no for an answer and... he kind of wanted to see where this was going to lead... If she tortured people, then... that wasn't really the sort of person that should be free to roam around. "Me doing hero work without the paperwork is illegal too, you know," he said simply and pointedly, though he showed no signs of refusing to go along, "And I'd suggest leaving finding her to a hero whose abilities are better suited to stopping her teleportation. It's almost certainly magic-based, so you need someone who can cancel that out."

This was a weird day.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

She puffed a mess of sparks from her jaws as she walked out of the building, the bike manifesting in front of her. "I'm aware of all of that. But I'm not the kind to sit on my ass for point A. For point B, it's illegal for you to do work, but it's not illegal for you to stand in place out of the way. Section 45 sub-clause e says that if a prohibitionary candidate is not yet filed, they cannot interact, but nothing stops them from being within sight of the hero who has claimed them. Which means, in layman...stay where I put you, and your paperwork will get done as soon as we're finished. While I can't stop the teleporting as quickly as I can, if I can get eyes on them I can at least relay the information and cooperate...by the way, don't expect me to do that too often. Get on the bike." She slipped onto the hellcycle, glancing at him in silence, waiting for him to get on...and speeding off once he had.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1586755187721.pngShield
He didn't argue and got on the motorcycle. Now was the time for canvassing... he supposed. How did one canvass? How would you even know where to start? "Did your weird sight thing give you any information on how far she can teleport? Or anything useful on her abilities? Or maybe where she tortured people at? You knew some pretty weird stuff, but if it's not specific, it's only so useful." There was no way they could find her alone...

"It doesn't work that way. The most I know, from what you're asking, is she was using an abandoned warehouse outside of town for her crap, but I don't know LA and I sure as hell don't have tabs on every warehouse you people use or don't use...you're a native, any guesses kid?" She checked over her shoulder at Shield, waiting for his reply in turn. "Out of town usually means east of here... mm... It could be one of the abandoned buildings along the edge of the crater. Property values tanked after that thing happened, apparently, so there are some warehouses around there. If you got a look at what it looks like, then we could go around there and find it by sight?" She gave a nod at that. "That works. Hang on then, and don't fall off." Gunning the engine she took off down the street, heading for their target location, the hellish roar of the bike heralding their coming and going as they defied all logical physics, clinging to building walls or screaming down alleyways.

Xasura Michael
AKA WolfSpider

Time: 1000hrs

On the one hand, Xasura wanted to personally thank the Lord above that he was gifted with something as wonderful as his Spidey Sense, but on the other hand, it probably served as more of a preemptive jumpscare just to make it easier to scare him, and honestly, if he didn't get used to Shade never understanding the concept of personal space, he probably never would. So it wasn't any surprise that the moment he righted himself, Xasura found himself bending backwards as if he was playing Limbo, though no matter how far back he leaned, his feet kept firmly planted to the floor. The ridiculous angle at which he found himself in would've caused back problems even in kids, but for him, he just chalked it up to his flexibility.

Apparently Spooky's Jumpscares knew Father Anderson and seemed like it was the only option he was going to allow be presented. It was sad to Xasura that the man was no fan of the Heroes in this city - they all did their best, and some may have worked in excess, but they were the exception more than the rule. There were people like Jewel and Alexandria who weren't exactly fan-favorites, and even if one of them had recovered her reputation, it didn't mean that the two of them weren't people he couldn't rely on... Though maybe not for this particular instance.

"If I agree to take you to Father Anderson," he started, holding up a finger while slowly standing back up to try to regain ground. "You have to promise to stop spooking me and respect personal distance. It's scary when you keep jumping right in front of me and stuff, you know, and even if they say kids are really awesome cardiac patients, you're gonna knock years off of my lifespan and I don't think the Lord would appreciate that."

It was the moment that he stopped speaking that WolfSpider found himself freezing for a moment, finger still pointing towards Shade, however.... His head had tilted. Something didn't feel right. It was like his senses were going off, but it was almost... Slow?

No, it was more like it was building. Something didn't feel right at all, and if he was anyone God had blessed to have a bit of grey matter between their ears, which he most certainly was and was thankful, he figured that maybe now was about the time to start making a dash for the door.

"We need to go," he continued, his voice more quiet after a moment. "We should probably go. Let's go and see Father Anderson - in fact, we could race and Our Father Who Art In Heaven knows for a fact I won't mind losing just as long as we get out of here."

That said, WolfSpider was the first to make a move, his left hand flicking out to sling out a thick thread of his adhesive silk before snatching onto it and tugging hard. The elasticity of it alone was enough to propel him quickly, but even if Shade was completely blind and deaf, he would be able to tell the little Vigilante was more spooked than was rational, even as he landed and stuck himself above the overhang of the bulkhead door. It only took a second - maybe two at most - for him to clear the distance from the stage to where he was now.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Shade

Starlight eyes regarded the bow silently, the 'base' of his body slowly drawing back in from it's spread out shape and back into his body. Again with the stipulations! The boy was making a lot of requests today...but if it meant getting answers, he was forced to comply. "Very well. I will respect your personal space, and stop...scaring you." Whether the boy took that as an honest fact or not was up to him, but by all regards, the constant smile he wore may not be a good way to form trust bonds...oh well. He watched the boys head tilt in silence, and before he could say anything he was in a very eager state to be off and on their way. Something had him extremely spooked, and it wasn't him, that much was obvious.

Watching him shoot off with his web his head only followed him, staying put. "You're going to have to go through the ship at that rate...and if you want to move, I'll oblige you. Let it be known that I'm still respecting your personal space...I am simply ignoring it." He dropped into the floor and shot across it and onto the wall, only to glide up towards the overhang and next to him, that dark stain on the wall still there...only for his face to appear on it and a hand to reach out. "Still respecting, but also getting you out...don't vomit." The hand snatched hold of Wolfspiders wrist and pulling him into the stain that was himself. In this instance, WolfSpider found himself devoid of all natural senses, stuck in a feeling of vacuum and weightlessness. An existence that no natural entity should experience, gifted unto the boy for a brief time as long as Shade had the reigns. The face sunk back into the stain as it melted deeper into the wall out of sight and shot through the ship on it's journey off the ship. Through bulkhead and wall, it violated every natural law it could in an attempt to expedite it's journey, not stopping. Once it was on 'top deck' it screeched in silence towards the entry bridge that was just a few inches away from it and disembarked, only to dip deep into the ground again to avoid being seen. After what may have felt like hours for someone with a lack of sense of time passing now (Such as poor WolfSpider), but was only a minute, they resurfaced on a building top, Xasura being ejected from the stain before Shade rose up next to him, smiling mask staring at him. "You seemed eager to leave...so was I. I took the quickest way off."

Osuka Osuka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Kali

Kali was patiently standing near a fountain as she looked around. She had taken apprentice officially. Why? well to be honest Kali didn't know herself. Though having an apprentice would help her public image so that was one part. "i sent her a message to meet up here. " she mumbled to herself as she looked around some. Even now Kali was in her full armor and just standing there. Most people around were quite use to to this. as kali regularly walked the streets armored and patrolling. When suddenly her scanner beeped. "and Lookout report huh... interesting. maybe the young lady will actually get to see some action today." kali said smirking inside her armor.

Deathkitten Deathkitten (sorry for short post)

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

Location: R̵̪̻̰̋̋̉́̓͒̄̃͊̄̔̑̄̑̄͜͝͠ę̴̧̧̢̺͍̠͓̪̤̬͔̟̲̰̪̞͔̖̭̼̂͆͌̋̎̅̃͋͛̇͌̉̓̄͋͆͌̋̓́́̐̋̄̄͜͝ḓ̵̛̠̙̦̍̄͗̓͛̿͆͛̾̆̿͆̓̈́̈́̀̾͒͐̍̏̈́͊͌͒͛͑̽͝ͅå̷̢̨̛͚̱̗̥̦̘̖̗̤͎͖͇̣̜̲̦̎̓̀̂͒̍͑̔͌̿͂͑̌̓̚͜͝͠͠ç̷̡̡̧̨̯̠͙͉̦͎͔͓͖̱̩͈̳͇̘̖̙͕̳̰̣̉̌̋̔̄̀͜t̵̢̧̡̢̧̧͉̹͇̪̙̬̮̦̯͚̱̣̬͍̠̗͚̹͔̩̳̗̘̪̰̹̳̖̺͎̓͛̈́̒̃̎͛̆͗̐́̋̋͗ͅe̵̡̢̨͈͚̘̣̜̺̮̺̩̠͇̬̲̟̟̖̩̦̟͈̯̜̘͋͂͗͊͛̒̾͆͊͐̀́̈̀͒͒̿̌̽͗̾̋͌̇̍̋̏́͋́̀̈́̍̄̕͘̕̕͠͠ḑ̸̮͊̉̋́̐́̄̽͝

Time: 1015hrs

1587003800939.png A minute to collect herself, Xiard, and an Airlift later, Alexandria was back to her hideout and in something comfortable. She wasn't about to walk around in her bunker in business-casual or even comfortable if it wasn't the most comfortable clothing she owned, and the most comfortable thing she owned was her pajamas. It was a sin for a queen to walk around in anything but the most comfortable of regalia in her castle, and she would be damned if she didn't just because there was a newcomer. Aside from that, she already reported that the Xiard incident was concluded - which they were quick to simply dismiss and hang up (which was all but unforgivable for now), and all she had left was this slab of metal-coated, sword-armed fleshbag that had passed out on her after he had thrown her into the water.

What a way to leave a girl wet and cold.

"Namina," she called out as she paced from the emergency bay towards her residential quarters. "Call up Dr. Sharlaken and let him know I've got something new for him, please? I think he might enjoy this job for once."

"Of course, Dr. Norman. Calling Dr. Sharlaken."

Namina would handle the call herself, giving information from the battle as well as what vitals were currently read via the small device she had set on Xiard's finger as well as the blood pressure cuff - which was a pain in the ass considering she had to remove his left gauntlet and such, but then again, she was just.... Doing her job... As a-

She was gonna stop herself before she said a word she wanted to spit from and instead settled for reaching into her fridge to grab a beer, which she was quick to pop the top of and down quickly before reaching for another. She would've lied if she said she didn't consider downing that one as well, but then again, she was home and she didn't really have anywhere to go at the moment. The bank would have to take care of itself until her new guest was fully tended to and acclimated to the space, which pulled a frown out of her as she looked at the top of her beer bottle. She didn't consider that she would've had to divert and completely ignored setting up a backup ordinance drop for herself, but there was another problem.

It was replaying in her head: Something more had been bothering her after she had technically landed the first blow. The Zero Saber ended up drawing blood - slashing into Xiard's hand when he punched it to stop her sword from going any further. Either he was too strong for his own good or it still wasn't properly set. She'd shed blood before - she had killed a Hero, to be specific, but in all her earlier dealings, she'd never had to go that far. She swore off doing heavy damage like what she did to Xiard's hand, but even if she changed the shape of the blade to be more cylindrical, would it have even mattered?

Another swig of beer was in her future as she tilted the bottle back and drained a quarter of it.

When she had went after Metallik, she was motivated by a sense of Justice that she was fairly certain most other heroes didn't have. Sure, she had her own vendetta, but that could've been squashed by just publicly humiliating him. It was when she found just how corrupt Metallik was that she wasn't able to stomach his existence anymore, and even then taking someone's life felt like it left a necrotic spot on her soul. She didn't relish in killing him and had peacefully surrendered the moment she put him down while all of his corruption and all of his crimes that was thought to be swept under the rug were dragged into the light for everyone in the state to see and hear.... But no one seemed to care about that. It overrode the news, but people had their ways of seeing the fight in real-time second-by-second, and all they cared about was that stupid fucking grunt being killed off. It wasn't enough to drag a twenty-five-year-old, bright-eyed, hopeful gal's name through the mud. It wasn't enough to take her from being a respected doctor in her fields and reduce her to an electrician's apprentice. It wasn't even enough garnishing her wages to the point she barely made five dollars an hour after all the court fees and "reparations" to the company when Metallik was still alive just because of a mistake someone in another department made.

No, they had to crucify her again. They just had to have a villain, and they got one named Machina. They got a villain that was the best at technology in her time as a baddie - more rich than Bjorn Ironside during his trek through the middle-east, breaking economy after economy with all of his wealth. She didn't harm a civilian even once during her heist-spree, and with the money she had made from all her underground dealings, she was basically a Queen.

They had to go after her again. Instead of thanking her for exposing a ruthless criminal amongst heroes, they decided they would "play nice" by giving her a pardon and a paycheck. Did it actually help?

No.

Did it scrub her reputation?

No.

Did a PR organization step up and actually try to help?

No.

Did anyone treat her better after all the times she had saved people from burning buildings, collapsing rubble, bank robbers, feral beasts roaming the streets, or even gifting hospitals with bleeding-edge prosthetic technology and medical equipment that rivaled some others?

Fuck no, they didn't.

She wanted to sling her bottle into the nearest wall, but a deep breath in before exhaling stopped her from following through, which redirected her to take another swig which drained another quarter of the bottle, and a long sigh had left her lips the moment they were clear of that long neck in her hand.

"Fuck, I hate people," she muttered to herself. "Beer is better, and whiskey is the best. Technology is even better."

Xasura Mi'Kael
AKA: WolfSpider

Time: 1000hrs

1587006754714.png There were only a few things in the world WolfSpider didn't like, but also tolerated: Brussel Sprouts because the leafy greens got stuck in his teeth, mint toothpaste because it was like getting sucker punched with a meteor made entirely of mint coming down straight onto his tongue with the fiery vengeance of Gabriel, and Laundry day, but today he was gonna have to add "persistent invasion of personal space" to that list as soon as he got back to the Orphanage, because apparently that was going to be the theme for today. So when he wasn't exactly expecting it, the only thing Xasura was going to see was a black hand reaching out for him and then....

Black. An impenetrable, unforgiving blackness. It was a darkness so deep and so impenetrable that he feared even maybe the light of the Heavens couldn't muster the strength to part it. Within the confines of this infinite darkness was an absolute nothingness so inconceivable that he wondered if maybe he died. Maybe Shade was the villain all along, and he played straight into his hand? Maybe the Lord believed he hadn't done enough in the little time he had on earth? Alas, there was nothing to prove that he was dead. He could breathe, and even if he couldn't feel it, he was sure that he needed oxygen when he attempted to hold his breath and found that he, in fact, very much so needed air. He couldn't feel with his flesh, he couldn't see with his eyes, taste or smell the air, nor could he hear with such sensitive ears as he had, but one thing was very much for sure.

Wolfspider needed air, and so it must logically be that he was still alive. It was concerning, however, that he couldn't even hear his own heartbeat - as if the void itself was so hungry that it stole even the music of life from him before he could partake in its cadence.

"Wonder how long it'll ta-" he started, but the sudden introduction of light - like a piercing javelin of pain, suddenly sprang forth to torment his eyes in blistering agony as he found himself tumbling before he could regain his footing. It was only a few seconds later of patting himself down and ripping his mask off to feel the life-giving, brisk air fill his lungs that he allowed himself to plop down very firmly on his rear.

1587007413519.png"Holy cow!!" he all but barked as he looked at shade. "What in the freaking frick WAS that?! It was like I was dead - was I dead?!"

Again, Xasura, snow white maw and light brown eyes exposed for Shade to see, drew in another breath before rubbing his face with vigor in an attempt to feel more after having had it all robbed from him so suddenly. It was only a few more seconds of this, however, before he slid his mask back on and found that, with a sigh of relief, that the lord truly was good as he spotted his bag. A quick snap of silk and a tug, and his belongings were with him....

Which wasn't so great. After having flipped his phone open, it was as if his entirely body had frozen solid - like time had stopped entirely around WolfSpider before he bolted for the ledge of the building.

"Father Alexander's gonna kill me!!! Come on!" He barked. He had missed the Father's check-in call and didn't even bother with listening to the voicemail. There was no way he was going to spend even a second longer wasting time. If the Father called, you answered, and there was no other option. There was no conditions if you didn't answer - you answered or you answered, and that was that. He didn't even stop to look behind him towards Spook-tastic as he flung himself off the ledge and began pulling rather than swinging as silk connected with glass and steel, catapulting him at nearly blistering speeds as each tug increased his velocity. The force of the movement was enough to make him nearly sick, but with having at least some control of his movements, vertigo wasn't yet about to set in. He was making his way to the top of the Cathedral with all the speed, strength, and sheer force of will, where he would be waiting for Shade.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Shard and Ruru
Devils tale bakery

Shards smile twitched as his hand shook slightly at the angels words. Welp. this is it. the day he was gonna die. he had a decent life. had a girlfriend. broke up with said girlfriend. Lose a horn to that Bitch Joanne. Kept a war going for 30 years. And now.....wait wha? He resaid the words the angel spoke and mentally screamed in joy. Regaining his composure he simply gave a small nod and said "I thank you for the benevolence you are displaying... The customers...have come to accept the ....violence. As a comedy routine between Miss Ruru and I. But i see that it is fairly obvious to someone who knows the nature of a demon. Nevertheless. The Devil's Tale welcomes all customers... So please enjoy your stay..." And with that he walked behind the counter again. Happy to live for now

Ruru sighed in relief and continued her song. "note to self.... dont attack Shard infront of angels...." she thought to herself as a little watched beeped and she set the mic down. taking a remote and clicking it. A radio turned on to soft music as she went to a small booth in the back and put her favorite hoodie on. To anyone knowing Rurus true identity. this is the last hoodie they would expect to see her in. A unicorn hoodie. after that she opened up a comic book and begun reading. It was break time for her!

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aia15.png
Aia
interactions: Kyrenka Kyrenka

Aia smiled excitedly at her mothers Praise. Nuzzling into her hands as She let Anne help wipe the blood from her lips. Once done she glanced down to the Pile. reaching in and ripping a rib from the rib cage, taking it into her mouth she Proceeded to gnaw at it happily while watching her mother light the carcass on fire. Watching it with an almost mesmerized look as her tongue moved over the bone. wrapping around it to help hold it as she gnawed into it to get at the marrow. When it was done she helped her mother fill in the whole before going back to her side. When Anne commented on Aia being smelly her head tilted to the right a little as she stared up at her curiously before smiling happily as her mother tried to pick her up. Little groans and clicks coming from her throat as she helped by lifting her body with her tail clinging to Anne happily. When Anne put her back on the ground Aia immediately headed for the car in a little trot. Opening the door she pulled her big disguise out and slipped it on before climbing in and closing the door.

When her mother Yelled it startled Aia. Making her cower in her seat a little as she watched her, Thinking she was being yelled at Aia whimpered quietly. Looking at the phone despite not knowing anything it said. She went silent and watched her mother till she spoke again about her not being mad at Aia. She kinda got the point but still whimpered as she crawled into Anne's lap whimpering quietly as she curled up in the woman's lap. Trying to apologize for whatever she did to make Anne mad. Her hands gripped her woman's shirt tightly as she nuzzled into her chest with whimpers of apology, Trying to make amends for what she did to make Anne mad.

LA BANK
5688-261185078.png

Sherm felt to say the least. Very awkward to have a crazy, sexy but still crazy woman threatening his life. He simply sighed and stayed quiet as he was dragged by The buff grunt. as the two elemental grunts proceeded to speed up their efforts the vault door creaking and cracking repeatedly. "you know. i must say. I am a pacifist. However. Even a pacifist must defend himself. and...if im to die, at least it's not by my sisters hands." he said reaching into his pocket pulling out his self defense stun gun blasting the buff man right in the face and shooting the two elementals essentially electrocuting all three to the point of knocking them out. "...that went a lot better than I expected....Now for pain." Sherm said aloud before he was lifted into the air and slammed back down repeatedly by the psychic child. "Boss what do we do!?" the child asked scared as three of the four grunts were now unconscious. Sherms pistol only stunned. But to say it didn't pack a punch was a lie. Sherm now barely conscious hoped this slowed them down at least enough for someone to get here on time. Or he just messed up and pissed the boss off big time.
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1587270929319.pngFather Anderson was both concerned and annoyed that Xasura hadn't answered his call. He hoped the boy wasn't doing anything dangerous... again. He sighed as he sat on a pew to wait for him, knowing that that hope was unlikely to be proven true. He was a wild child with a big heart, he simply couldn't help it. He smiled sweetly at Serenity, who was using the time they were waiting to pray. She was such a sweet, shy little girl. She had a wild side though too, he was certain of it. Of course, they were only children, but the two of them would make quite the pair, in his opinion. He hoped they stay friends for years to come.

Once Xasura finally made it home, he gave the boy a sweet as honey smile, "My son. You did not answer your phone. You should have called back before heading back. What if I had sent out a search party? What if the man you have brought with you was unscrupulous? You could have been in trouble. Beyond that, you know to keep your phone on you at all times. I only call when it is important, and I need your hero-keenness right now. The cathedral does in general. There has been a theft. For the third time this week, someone has taken money from the tithing container. I'd like you and Serenity to try to figure out who."

He turned to the newcomer, "Hello and welcome, sir. Thank you for your patience as I tended to Xasura. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Father Anderson, the head priest for this particular church of God. Are you here for service, confessional, or something altogether different? Xasura has a knack for finding those in need in one way or another. It's one of his many virtues."

1587271961573.pngSerenity waved at Xasura, a tiny touch of a blush coming to her cheeks. She spoke up whenever he came closer, her voice soft, "Hi. You smell like the ocean. Did you go to the beach or something? I-it's a good smell, I mean. It's not like a bad sort of ocean."

Osuka Osuka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Shade

Shade regarded the young boy in silence, head tilted to the side. "You didn't die. You were stowed away inside me. I am beyond reality and dimensional concepts, you were too for a little bit...I'm glad you didn't vomit, the last person who dealt with that did." He watched him silently for a minute before speaking up. "You know, generally, it's a poor idea to reveal your identity to someone, especially when you're a vigilante. You're too young to be registered." He straightened his head up, content to let the boy gather his things before he internally frowned. He missed a phone call....great, arriving on a sour note. With the boy rushing off he resigned himself to following after him. Dropping cleanly into the rooftop he sped off after him, a silent little black blob rushing after the swinging vigilante.

Stopping short of the Cathedral he rose out of the ground in an alley...he couldn't suddenly show up as Shade, he'd cause a panic and get the police called. He'd have to be a bit more intuitive. Glancing around to reveal he was alone, his form became more solid as he was left in his blue button-up shirt and jeans...though his head was a completely black void, a literal swirl of shadows. It wasn't perfect, but it'd conceal his identity. Walking out into sight he caught sight of Anderson speaking with Xasura, a hand going into his pocket in silence. Listening silently until it was his turn to speak up, his free hand slowly went out to shake. Usual voice routine would be a poor decision... Instead of the usual deep demonic, he decided it'd be best if he just sounded...deep, like he was being hidden on tv for public safety. "It's nice to meet you Anderson. It's something different altogether I'm afraid...could we speak in private? I will need Xasura present for it, at least to begin. I'm in need of your...capabilities."

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

reach-the-end.png

1587279489917.png

Small towns commonly had urban legends and the small Californian town of Vetal Hikes was no different. The old abandoned museum on Hickory Lane had always been a topic for stories, myths, and legends for the town. The museum was surrounded by a chain-linked fence, separating the clean-cut grass on the outskirts of the fence from the untamed weeds that occupied the yard of the museum. It's brick walls had long strands of vines creeping along its surface, and the sign on the front of the museum had long weathered away, leaving only an imprint of its former name. Children were told not to wander off near the museum, and almost everyone in the town urged outsiders to stay away from the building at night. Residents of the town tended to not interact with the museum, as it was considered to be a resting place for wicked spirits.

Tony Hanbal

For Tony Hanbal, small-town myths were common, and he often ignored them with his work. Tony scrapped antiques and junk for a living, and these foreboding untouched places tended to yield a lot of profit, so he would seek them out. After stopping in the town on a road trip, and hearing the stories from some of the town residents, Tony instantly began to plan a scrapping trip to the museum. Three months after the road trip, Tony took his blue rusted van to Vetal Hikes and parked outside of the museum. He lived in L.A, so the trip to Vetal Hikes took about an hour or so. Tony came to the museum at night, hoping to cause little attention and disruption to his efforts, and seeing the forgotten museum in person filled him with excitement. He grabbed his bolt-cutters from his trunk and made an entrance in the cold steel fence. The door to the mus had long rotted off, so Tony just stepped inside the cold interior of the museum. The inside of the museum was covered in plant life, and a tree grew from what once was the reception desk. He looked up towards a banner that still hung to the ceiling, one which read, "Welcome to Dr.Zantanamo's Maniacal Mania Museum!"

Tony pointed his flashlight at one of the exhibits, noticing that it had been a snake exhibit, and that the glass that once contained the creature was broken. He continued looking around until a particular area caught his eye. This part seemed to be about technology and had a large statue of all the Maniacal Mania cast. Tony remembered the show from his childhood, or at the least the remake of the show, and guessed that this had been the original cast. He continued to look around the area until he noticed a module in a display case. On the bottom of the display, a plaque read "Dedicated to the lives lost at Vetal Hikes". Tony broke the glass of the display case and grabbed the module out, toying with it. The device seemed alien to Tony, and he found himself wondering what its purpose was. He tapped the module with his index finger, hearing a quick click, before putting it down on the ground. It seemed much too advanced for Tony to Scrap, and so, Tony, eager to find scrappable items, proceeded to the next room.

Tony was able to scrounge together a few antique lunchboxes from the gift shop and was about to proceed to the robotics section when a sudden noise caused him to jolt in the opposite direction. He once again entered the technology exhibit and found that the module was missing from its spot on the floor. This freaked him out a fair bit and convinced him to leave the museum immediately. He gathered his things and headed toward the exit, before stopping and noticing a figure in the darkness. Tony spoke to the figure, "Listen I don't know what kind of prank you are pulling, but it isn't funny!"

The figure did not respond, and Tony, tired of the figure's lack of response, shined his flashlight towards the shadow. The light showed that nothing was there and that Tony's mind was playing tricks on him. Relieved, Tony resumed his walk to the exit, before hearing a sudden noise behind him again. He turned, speaking, "Listen, just leave me alone alright? I don't want any troub-", He stopped, as a look of horror appeared on his face. A nine-foot metallic creature stood in front of Tony, silent, and faceless. Tony, frozen in fear, looked at the creature forming a sharp point on its left hand. It began to approach Tony, and he quickly began to shout.

"No no no no no, please! Leave me alon-", he screamed, as the creature grabbed ahold of him. For a short moment, the creature just held Tony in its hands, analyzing and looking at him. It then surrounded him, trapping him into a metallic sphere. It slowly decreased the size of the sphere, until it was the size of a basketball. The creature let out the innards of the sphere, and out came a mix of blood, bone, and clothes. With that, Tony was dead, and Zanite was free from his cage.

The screams of Tony were heard throughout the street, and the local police station was suddenly flooded with an abundance of calls. They arrived on the scene thirty minutes later and saw the dead pulp that was once Tony. The small-town officers were bewildered by the scene and had no direct answers on who or what had caused the grizzly death of this man. They reported the incident and called it a night.

Zanite

Zanite, once he had gotten a grip of reality, stepped outside of the museum. He looked around in confusion, and wondered where he was. This time appeared to not be his own and appeared far more advanced than the 60s A sudden jolt of memory came to Zanite, and he remembered the events that had happened prior. He remembered the slaughter that had happened in the town, and most importantly, he remembered the procedure to deactivate him. Zanite realized that he had been in stasis for quite some time, which left him at a loss for words. He looked around the area for answers, before stumbling on a highway sign directing him towards Los Angles. This familiarity eased his feelings a bit and made him realize his home was not far from here. Zanite began to rearrange his form into one of the vehicles on the street. Millions of nanobots coordinated themselves to form the car until a complete replica was made. He then drove off, heading towards the bright city of lights, which is Los Angeles.

Once in L.A, he realized that he would need a casual form, and couldn't show up as his metallic behemoth self, so he secretly scanned a homeless man walked on the sidewalk. He then drove into an alleyway, and configured himself into the man, and gave himself some different cosmetics to separate himself from the man. Once this process was complete, he walked around the streets of L.A, seeking answers. He found himself at the Los Angles Central Library and noticed that it was closed. Zanite was desperately seeking answers, so instead of waiting for opening hours, he converted his right arm into a circular saw, and made quick work of the door.

Zanite entered the cold library, looking at the selection of books that were offered. He made his way into the nonfiction section and rearranged himself to be in his large metallic form. Tendrils began to sprout from his body, as they combed through the books that were in the section. Zanite was an exceptionally fast reader and was currently finishing a book every thirty seconds, gaining knowledge on what had happened while he was in stasis. He was so busy reading all these books, that he had not noticed the alarm that was screaming in the background. He had tripped the alarm unknowingly when he entered the library but paid no attention to it. His mind was absorbing all the information from the pages, and he found himself growing intense anger towards an unknown force. All the while a police scan had gone out for the library, giving notice to those who would stop him.

He also found himself angry at a certain bit of information he discovered, specifically about a reboot of the Maniacal Mania show. It was apparently quite fondly remembered and aired during the 2030s

Muse.jpgKali and Muse
"Ohhhhmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod," Muse was whispering to herself as she raced out the door to meet with her mentor. First. EVER. MISSION! Holy crap. Was she ready? Would it do well? Would they get along? Would she treat her like a small child and not let her do anything? Or... on the other side of things, would she be tossed in headfirst? How would the paparazzo react? Would she get swarmed? Would she be to their liking? She was so shy... what if they didn't like her because of how shy she was? She was a nonstop ball of anxiety before she finally reached where Kali had told her to meet and sprinted up to meet her.

"Hi!" she gasped, a little out of breath, "I'll be faster next time ma'am!" She was already in her outfit, with little black shorts on underneath her skirt, of course. She didn't want to flash anyone. Muse swallowed and looked at her mentor. Really looked at her. She had armor... that was probably a good idea... not that she could afford something like that with her income... And then... Kali had never heard her sing before. The very thought of that had her blushing and nervous. She looked away, pretending to scan the area.

"So, Miss. What are we doing today? What would you like me to do?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

ryuleianna.jpgRyu, Shard, and Ruru
Ryuleianna gave Shard a small smile. She must have just terrified the two of them. They probably thought they were about to die. "Sorry for spooking you," she said, a little louder so he could still hear her, "I won't report this location to them either. It's not like you're causing any harm or leading armies, you know? But, I suppose that's why I'm known as the PR Archangel." She chuckled at her own comment, sipping on her drink, trying her best not to ruin the cute foam cats. She was usually the one trying to talk first, fight later. Any of the others... well... this place probably wouldn't still be standing, to put it nicely. A waste of good coffee, in her opinion.

"So I must admit I'm curious, what made you want to come here? Earth isn't exactly the most riveting place, though supers do make things a bit more interesting. Most demons I know just want to keep on fighting, not open up a shop."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

oracle girl 2.jpgAphera Household
One nice, well-deserved shower later...​

The number of people in the large house had seemingly multiplied. Almost all were members of the Aphera household or the Oscalia household, though there were a few Keatons or Morishers here and there as well. There was a huge amount of chatter amongst themselves, whispers about what could have happened, and about who else might resurface - or if anyone would at all. The few Keatons were easy to pick out of a crowd, their costumes almost always having to do with the stars or space in general.

The head of the household cleared his throat, creating an instant hush over the entire place.

"This is an interesting day... that's for certain... We are blessed to have these three heroes back, but we must work even harder in the days and months to come to ensure everyone's safety. This is a sign that the tenth anniversary of the OA attack will be eventful. We cannot let them win again. Medical personnel will be looking at the three of them to ensure they're in fit shape and are fine to go back to work, but then they will go back to work. We need the extra hands, and I won't take lip from any of you trying to say otherwise. Don't come rushing up to Caesar either... or any of them for that matter. If you crowd them and make them uncomfortable, I will personally come up and crowd you. That is all," he coughed as he stepped away and stopped talking, clasping Caesar on the shoulder as he passed by.

The medical personnel they had called in had arrived and took the opportunity to get to work. Three chairs were swiftly set up and they set to checking all vitals. Jupiter looked annoyed with the whole process but understood its necessity and sat still for it dutifully. "When we're cleared, Caesar, do you want to go on a mission with me? Get back in the swing of things together?"

A young girl sheepishly walked up to the side of StarFinger, the strange moving pattern of stars on her dress a dead giveaway that she was a member of the Keaton household. "Um... H-hi. Can I talk to you? I'm Chrysanthia Keaton... or, um, my hero name is Oracle. I inherited the name from my grandma... she was the... um... the matriarch before my mom, Rosemary Keaton. I... I think I was only seven when you... when the whole... crater thing happened. I don't remember you really well, I don't think you got along with the family well or something... but um... I'm sorry... This is selfish of me. I'm sorry for bothering you. I'm... um... I'm happy you're alive." She turned to leave as she rubbed her face with her hands. She was so awkward. UGH.

Osuka Osuka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Last edited:
Xasura
AKA: WolfSpider

Time: 1015hrs

1587374780124.pngGetting to the church, while it was quick, was going to make him nauseous, which very much did once he had reached the cross and landed next to it - no stepping on the Lord's Cross, after all, and he was doing his absolute best to not hurl into his bag or onto the church's roof. He had to get changed, quickly, and once he had stripped down out of view, then into his civilian clothes, Xasura's movements were almost frantic as far as stuffing his disguise away went. He even made sure the gloves and mask were with it all before burying it under all his other things. All he needed was to adjust his hair so that it didn't look like he was out and about in his costume, and he would begin.

Sneaking into the church was always a bit of an ordeal, even if he knew it well enough by now. Through one of the vents atop the Cathedral would lead into the attic structure, which he would use to access another ventilation system that would bring him down towards the vent right behind the enormous, golden Cross that was on display behind the Father's pulpit, but... Well, he was a growing boy, and even with his lithe frame, it was beginning to become a nuisance since it was a tighter squeeze than a year ago. Sooner or later, it wasn't going to work, but for now, he had made his way to the vent, worked it loose without a sound, and then very quietly and diligently replaced it. All he had to do now was zip upward into the rafters of the church and-

"HABIDASHERY!!!" He all but bellowed as the voice of Father Anderson came from behind him, making Xasura all but hurl himself across the cathedral floor as he spun around. Everyone and everything was out to spook him today, weren't they?! His hands were up in a passive gesture as his shoulders hunched, and as he looked up at the towering figure of the Father, he found himself wearing a sheepish grin as his brows knit in and upward.

"I-I'm sorry, Father Anderson!" He started, his voice quieting to a whisper while pulling his phone out. "I-I-I turned it off when I was exploring since I didn't want it to be found or anything, and it was really important - I swear! The guy I brought with me is in a real bind at the moment - someone he knows is a ghost and we think whoever pulled her from the Lord is using her to do bad things. She..."

His ears flattened as he looked at the ground, a sigh leaving his lips all while rubbing the back of his head.

"Father, I think she's in some real trouble," he continued, but there was a somber weight to his candor and voice. "She seemed so distraught and weighed down... S-so I brought him here! He's a good guy - promise! He's just in a real bind, and I thought maybe bringing him here might be really helpful. You're good at this kind of stuff, right? You know, the stuff that has to do with the soul. I couldn't just leave it be, Father Anderson. It didn't feel right."

For now, though, it seemed like Alexander had disregarded it once he had spoken, instead giving him an assignment that had to do with a theft from the Cathedral's coffers. It was important, of course, but the gravity of it compared to the situation he had just been in seemed.... Lesser. No one had the right to steal from the Lord when the Tithes were used as resources for the homeless as well as upkeep, and he knew he should be taking it just as seriously...

But he couldn't get Jenny's expression out of his mind. Even as he started making his way towards Serenity to sit down and plot their plan of attack for the assignment, he couldn't stop himself from frowning. His expression, once low and dark, had shifted all too suddenly when Serenity had noted the smell of saltwater. He could feel his hairs stand on end as he quickly turned to face her, and his visage was drawn into an almost cartoonish look of shock.

"O-Ocean?!" Xasura found himself stuttering. "I don't know anything about an ocean - never seen on in my life, in fact! Heh! Heheh.... eh...."

Well, he could add Lying in God's House to his list of confessions come Wednesday...

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1587376565319.pngThe Cathedral
Father Anderson gave a small smile to the man, considering what Xasura had said, and the concern that seemed apparent on the man's... well... he couldn't say face, but he definitely wasn't a happy chap. He cleared his throat, cupping the man's back as he turned away from the two kids, "I'm sorry, sir. I'm afraid that I'm not so active anymore. I fill more of a managerial role at this point... my own heroing days are over... at least for the foreseeable future. If you'd like, though, I could make some calls. I have one lady of the faith in town from overseas who would be quite... aggressive in her problem-solving. Alternatively, there are a number of more gentle faith heroes that would be pleased to help."

"A spirit is taken from the Lord. That is not something that should be taken lightly. Often, that sort of thing means quite foul powers are at play," he continued, brow furrowing as he glanced back at Xasura. The boy would beg if he didn't do anything... and those damned puppy-dog eyes the boy could do would be his end. He sighed, eyes settling back onto Shade, "Are you a man of faith, sir? If you are, pray unto the Lord, confess your sins in the box, and then once you are clean of soul, I will be his tool. I will help... at least a little. I think I could... No. I can find her. The powers of evil will not hide her from the light of God, only obscure her."

He knew that the kids would want to watch him work. He was far too much of a softie with them around. Internally, he groaned. It wasn't just that he was a softie... he yearned for this work. It made him feel whole.

1587377249753.pngSerenity - The Cathedral
Even with Xasura acting silly, her attention was glued on the strange shadow man and the Father. He didn't know who stole the coins... even though it was the third time she had done so. That was a weird thought. She was being sneaky, sure... but to be honest she didn't even know why she did it. She just... wanted to, so she did, even though it was really stupid and pointless. But hey... it meant she had a little pocket change for later.

In a hushed voice, she spoke to Xasura, "So... what do you think Father is going to do? Are we gonna see something weird and magical? It sounds way more interesting than a silly tithing thief to me. Father is famous for a reason, after all. I wanna see why!" Her ears wiggled in anticipation, tail flicking back and forth.

Shade

Alexander stumbled a step or two forward at the clap on the back, completely unprepared for it. He internally deflated at the father's deflection, saying his 'hero days are over'. This is my only good option, don't just quit before you even start. He slowly shook his head at the offer for ulterior help. "I'm afraid you'd be the best person for the job Father, your abilities are quite potent...I don't ask you to be directly involved, only help and point in a direction." At the question of his faith, he gave a nod. "Protestant, Lutheran to be exact. So I'm afraid I can't use the confessional, I have no issue praying though. Will that be acceptable?" Admittedly he'd much prefer to toss someone who deserved it through a wall, but prayer was an acceptable outlet for his anger, and sometimes a better one.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
~Dr. Anne Beaufort and Aia~
Angeles National Park

Anne.png "Oh, oh no baby." Tucking Aia into her chest and wrapping around the alien's quivering form as best as she could, Anne felt awful. Resorting to sugary sweet tone as she spoke, the doctor did her best to reassure the girl in her arms. "Shush, it's OK. You did nothing wrong. Mommy's just mad at the Bad Guy. It's OK. You're a good girl. My precious little baby." Petting Aia as she whispered more sweet nothings, Anne rocked her for a while before withdrawing a little. "Here look at me." Cupping Aia's face and forcing her to meet the doctor's eyes, Anne said firmly, "You did nothing wrong. You are a good little baby bean. I am not mad at you. Mommy was angry at something else and she is very sorry that she scared you." Gently rubbing her thumbs over the girl's cheeks, Anne felt her heart twist. This is how kids develop complexes. The last thing she wanted was for Aia to start tip-toeing around her or start thinking that she was bad. She really needed to remember to reign in her anger. Angry outbursts are for when Aia is well out of ear shot. Man, she should probably start reading some parenting books or something. Petting the girl some more, Anne remained comfortably cuddled to Aia as she patiently waited for the alien to calm down. Patience and gentle words, that's the gold standard of parenting right?

((interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

Caesar Aphera
AKA: Lord Caesar
Location: Aphera House - and a damn fine shower, might I add.

1587443760808.png
Okay, so he was gonna do more than shower, if he was gonna be honest. If ten years had passed, he was going to have a bath, and he was going to have a bath with all the fixin's. In fact, he was going to make sure his shower was quick while the bath itself was filling with all sorts of things - soap, salts, a bath bomb for guys because "fuck yeah, manly bath bombs," and he was going to soak. With having sped through his shower military style - less than two minutes with his body entirely clean, Caesar found himself easing gently into the almost-unbearable (heh) heat of his long-awaited luxury, and was even more than happy to let his entire body relax. They were in Aphera house now - one of the most secure places in the United States, and there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

And when he said "Absolutely nothing," he fucking meant it. He was going to lay back, let his arms and legs hang out of the bath in all the gaudy display of pure relaxation he could possibly muster, and he was going to enjoy the fact that there was literally nothing to do for the next twenty minutes other than exist in absolute bliss. That didn't mean that he wasn't staying aware, however. Some others were still taking their time, and one in particular decided he was going to magick himself clean and stand in hot water for as long as he could bear it before shifting it to ice-cold, which was almost instant. After that, he was magicking his clothes clean, dressing without being seen, and then heading off. Wherever he went, he didn't care, because manly-as-fuck-bath-bomb bath was more important than anything else in the universe, dammit.

But it couldn't last forever. Once his twenty minutes was up, Caesar was sad that he had to leave such liquid ecstasy, but he was up again with a change of clothes - a red shirt and pants, and after drying himself off and donning his old clothes, he was pleased to find that they still fit him as if he had put them on just yesterday after the laundry was done.

Caesar was quick to exit the bathroom, now, feeling refreshed and his hair styled, and made his way to listen in on the old man's speech - the man loved to give speeches and warnings, and he was going to admit very openly that he wasn't exactly paying attention to it since he knew what was coming. Instead, his ears tuned in to Jupiter post check-up.

"If you weren't gonna suggest it," he started with a chuckle. "I was gonna think you weren't the real Jupes. Sitting around here would be boring, anyway, and I wanna see how much L.A. has changed. So I'd say we should head out the second we get reinstated."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back