• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shield
"HEY!" he shouted, flailing as he tried to catch his balance, "That's my EAR you're pulling on!" Ohhhhhhh, she totally was a bitch... damn it. "Listen, lady, you can't babysit me in the jail. Scare some of them with your skull all you want, there's always another asshole waiting to take their place. I assure you." He huffed and stopped trying to fight against her grip on his ear. She was strong. If he had super-strength or some useful ability, he'd be unstoppable... heh. Ironic. "Ah yes... let me spill my life to some stranger do-gooder. My favorite," he grumbled, "Let's just say having a very limited range of sensation sucks. Family sucks. Life sucks. I'd like it to stop. Good enough reason for you? I'd just like to get taken out of this stupid cycle. So far, the only thing that even remotely works on me is psychic crap... I mean crud. And even then, I'll just wake up later. It doesn't kill me."

"So I jump at the chance when some Superhero is coming after me, and most don't think I'm such a puppy. Lies and slander have gone a long way. So they want me dead. We have a mutual desire. I just try out new methods, much to their inevitable frustration."

"Yea, it is. Give me that twenty you stole out of the purse by the way, and where is its owner?" She continued to walk forward with his ear in a vice grip, listening to him. "Ah, got it. So you're emo and suicidal, great mix these days. Hate to break it to you kitten, but you're still on level one. Once you die, you get to level two...Have you tried therapy, or religion?" Here she was, dragging a teenager down the street by his ear, and trying to speak to him. DEFINITELY not how she figured today would go. "And I assure you, if I have too, I can make people listen to me very intently...." She tugged him along a little while longer before speaking up again. "I don't like liars. You only lie if you're guilty, or you think you're too damn smart for your own good. So lies and slander can do whatever the hell it wants, I'm still going to make a point when I want to make it, I don't have time for the roundabout bullshit game. For what it's worth kid, I know you're not a killer or anything else they call you....Stay that way, real lack of people like that anymore."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Dr. Anne Beaufort and Aia~
Angeles National Park

Anne.png Anne was finishing the hole when she heard Aia drag the bones over. She glanced over from time to time to watch the alien drop some bones, backtrack to pick them up, drop some more, and repeat until the entire skeleton was in a pile at the doctor's feet. She couldn't help but chuckle at how much the alien resembled a toddler trying to clean up their toys. Except the toddler was a deadly life form putting away the remains of her kill. Eh, it's still cute. Grinning at the adorably round little face peeking up at her, Anne carefully used her gloves to wipe the remaining smudges of blood off of the girl's lips. "There we go!" Patting her head, Anne cheerfully said, "Great job Aia!" It was good to encourage her to clean up. Not only did it make things quicker but she also didn't know how long Aia would live for. Maybe she could grow to be centuries old. If she outlived Anne it would be essential for her to have this drilled into her so that she could remain hidden. Picking up a bone, the doctor couldn't help but give it a cursory glance. Damn that is clean. Aia had one hell of a metabolism; she probably should be concerned about that but the dark-haired woman couldn't really bring herself to worry. "Say bye-bye," Anne sang as she tossed the bone into the hole. Together, they unceremoniously tossed the skeleton away into its new grave. I hope that's deep enough. With that thought, the doctor wiped the sweat off of her brow and doused the skeleton in gasoline. Lighting a match, she tossed it in and watched as flames leapt up from the hole. There couldn't be any remains.

When the fire died down, she picked her shovel back up again to begin covering the hole with dirt. It took a good while, but with Aia's help it went a lot faster than before. Soon enough, they were patting the newly covered hole and throwing some leaves and twigs to hide it. That is the shittiest disguise ever but hopefully no one is going to be going off trail and notice. Sweaty and covered with dirt, Anne groaned as she leaned back to pop her back. "I need a shower," she mumbled. Taking a dramatic sniff, she glanced at Aia with a smile creeping onto her face. "You smell too. Stinky." Moving forward, the doctor swept Aia up into her arms with a grunt. "You're definitely eating well," she huffed while struggling to keep the alien up. In the end, the dark-haired woman gave up and put the girl back down on the ground. "C'mon, let's blow this joint." Trudging back to the van with their tools, they loaded the vehicle up before climbing in. Back in the van with her apron and gloves tucked away in the back, Anne waited for Aia to put her disguise back on as she turned on the scanner once more. Her mood instantly soured as she listened to an update about Shield. "Oh you gotta be fucking kidding me!" Disbelieving, Anne hurriedly began searching the internet on her phone to read more reports saying the same thing. The villain she let off had actually went ahead and committed a crime. "Son of a bitch!" She smacked the dash as she ranted, "The guy was just sitting there enjoying a burger and I thought, 'The guy's probably reformed he's not that bad,' and what do I get?" Showing Aia the online police report on her phone screen she yelled, "I get it thrown back in my face!" Groaning in frustration, Anne put her face in her hands. She fucked up. She shouldn't had let someone go just because he seemed nice. Didn't she learn that nice people aren't always good people when she was a kid? Stranger danger and all that? I'm such an idiot. She moaned and grumbled for a little bit longer before leaning back and heaving out a sigh. Of course, there was another thing she had to deal with now too. Turning to the alien next to her, Anne spoke in a much softer tone, "I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you I'm mad at myself for being naive. I didn't mean to scare or upset you." Raising her voice when Aia didn't understand wasn't productive, and she didn't want the girl thinking that she was in trouble. No, it's just me that messed up. Ugh I suck right now.

((Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia | Mentioned Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Shield))

Last edited:
Shield
"She should be back in the In-n-out," he said, handing her the twenty, albeit awkwardly considering his current angle. "Yes, therapy. No, religion. What good would believing in a big guy in the sky doing for my current situation? Likewise, what good would fearing for the afterlife do for my current situation? Even if some big guy loved everyone, that doesn't help poor people. That doesn't help depression. That doesn't help jack. I definitely plan on staying this way, as you put it. I don't even like the idea of killing or even hurting someone. Especially someone who doesn't even have any abilities. That's just not fair. Can you stop pulling my ear? I'll follow you," he talked as she tugged, already tired of it. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't necessary. She could clearly handle him. She was clearly stronger than he was. There was no point in fighting her.

"Level two is probably better than level one. This design sucks. Need a new game. And before you ask about it, no I don't really even care about stealing. I only steal a bit, and mostly because I can't get a job. Partly because I just don't care anymore, but you'll just call me emo again."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Back at the In-n-out, that worked she supposed. Shouldn't be that far of a walk, right? Hearing his complaints she heaved a sigh, which sounded a good bit like a crackling fire. "It does help, but people don't look at it like they should. If you can find comfort, it helps. Sometimes he does help out, sometimes you just need someone to talk to when you're alone. Sometimes the knowledge that you're not entirely alone is all one really needs...God, I'm talking religion with someone instead of the usual routine. You've made today really weird kid." She shoved the twenty back into the purse and came to a halt in place for a moment before slowly releasing his ear. "Fine...you're walking ahead of me then because you strike me as the type who'd wander off because he got bored."

Starting to walk with him again she rested a hand behind her back, empty eye sockets staring at him. "...You could turn your life around you know. Prove people wrong about what they think. You'd make a great rescue hero. You said it yourself, you're pretty much invulnerable. Wouldn't it be better to run into a burning building and save someone and have them see you in a good light, rather than nab twenties out of stolen purses? Be the one to stand up for someone at gunpoint and jump in front of the firing line instead? Lot of heroes come from less wonderful starts, yours truly is no exception." Hearing his comment about level two she couldn't help but give a laugh, a noise like a flame being fanned. "It's stupid how it's designed. You either get to level 2a or level 2b. It's a branching path, and one of them is a whole lot worse than level 1." Father in Heaven this was so WEIRD. She was giving life advice as Soul Flare instead of torching his soul or something similar....Well she supposed it came with part of the original job description to offer guidance.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten

George Sugimoto/Kamen Rider Mint

George Sugimoto, the man who strives for peace, liberty, and the purpose to turn his life around despite living an unfortunate life. Well, not anymore at least. It was the first time that he had a mission like this.

His passion for becoming a superhero isn't something that he should be disappointed about and he is using his powers for good since he has escaped GOPEI's brainwashing attempts on him. He has gotten the hang of his powers every now and then but there are some weaknesses that he may have to deal with.

Png.png
Alexis Sugimoto
(Except she is wearing a business suit.)​

He goes by the name of Kamen Rider Mint as the color of his suit resembles that of a mint that is associated with that specific color, light green, that is. He has an elder sister, Alexis Sugimoto, who is currently working as a businesswoman and he has been wondering if she is okay.

They haven't spoken to each other since they were little and it is unlikely that she would talk to him again. His paternal grandfather, Yasunobu Sugimoto, is a fisherman and a former martial arts instructor who specializes in karate. His family has originated from Saga Prefecture before eventually moving to San Diego. Surprisingly, his health hasn't gotten in the way of enjoying martial arts as he has been smoking for a long time.

f5d04806e31c3050d20c24966230a5b915a46901_hq.jpg
Yasunobu Sugimoto
(But without the winkles below his eyes.)​

George and Alexis have been living with their grandfather for a while since their parents have abandoned them because they couldn't afford child support.

Now, George is riding on a motorcycle that his grandfather has given him for his 17th birthday as he is looking for any possible threats. He dialed someone's number to get in contact with them through a microphone.

"This is George Sugimoto speaking. Did you say that there were some thieves on the run?" He asked.

Caesar Aphera

Time: Probably about ten. Quit pestering me about this, dammit!

1586070937909.png
Nothing that Oscar said had put Caesar's worries to rest. A purse snatching could turn deadly before some could even react, and considering a purse snatching could turn into a murder, statistically speaking, it meant that Oscar either didn't really think about it, he was full of shit, or maybe even both. Did he really relax on something they both cared about? And if that was true, what about Jewel dragging the pipsqueak on something that had to have been ranked as a Red call? He had words for the entire family at the very least when they all had a moment to be alone without Jewel, Jupes, and Golden Boy, and it wasn't going to be easy for them to swallow. Like hell was he letting someone as young as Kaiona go on some damn missions without actual, proper, military-level training just like he and Oscar went through - even if the kid's goal wasn't reaching S-Class.

Apparently he wasn't going to be allowed to say anything about the money, either, though he was relieved that it had at least went to the places he wanted it to. His family honored his final wishes. What the pressing matter was that the ones that were known for super strength all decided to gang up on him. Slaps to the face, noogies, rib crackers, shin-kickers, and a whole deluge of angry family members were swarming him just to give him a piece of their mind, and of course he'd indulge them in it until it was all out of their system and it turned into hugs and apologies. Hell, to be honest, he was supposed to be the one apologizing. Caesar had put on an air of invincibility for so long that some people even started to think that there might have been some truth to it, but like anything, nothing lasts forever, and that meant him, too.

He'd have to apologize to his empty grave for it having to exist. Was it his family, or the military that put him in the dirt...?

"Well hey there, ya old geezer!" Barked Caesar with a toothy grin. "I see you're still into that whole Victorian-Opulence look you've had for...What? Three? Four hundred years?"

He couldn't help it. Honestly, he could never help it when he got to see the old man after an extended period of time. Hopefully the old man knew it was still the same lighthearted jest as before, but even then, Caesar made the effort to move through the crowd to clap the man on the shoulder once before he spoke again.

"I'm glad to be back, though," he continued, his voice a bit more sober as he still wore his smile. "Really, I am, and I'm glad to see you ain't taking a dirtnap of your own. Guess even osteoporosis can't catch up with you, let alone death itself. you ain't even aged!"

Fay Fluorite
AKA Celesteon

Time: for a nap. A really, really good nap. Oh gosh do I really need a freaking nap....

1586073423267.pngBoy was he glad that zero percent of that crowd was focused on him, and he was even more glad for the assistance Aquilias was giving him, though Caesar's comment was still bothering him. That flicker of rage in his core had quickly dwindled to a smoldering pit in his stomach as he felt the weight lift itself off of his feet. Aquilias was supporting his weight with a touch-range gravity spell and not even showing any signs of strain from it, and here he was suddenly feeling.... It wasn't guilt. Not for what Caesar had said, even if he was right. Maybe like he didn't belong? The man was right when he called Fay cracked and he knew it. It was dirty, it was intentional, and it hurt his pride to the very deepest, darkest pit, and part of him was wondering if he should even be among such individuals. Sure, they had their flaws, but all he had done today was try to prove himself and end up looking like he was Hubris incarnated rather than being someone competent, and now look at him.

He'd mutter a thanks to Aquilias for coming to his rescue against Argus, but he didn't feel like he had the energy for even that, and the old man - the head of the Aphera family himself, was right. He needed a shower and a lot more to even remotely wake himself up. If there was a time he honestly considered needing a drink, it'd probably be right now. Today's experience itself was sobering. Someone had showed up and started throwing around pomp and names as if they were entirely above basic decency, and it was quick to tick him off. Then there was the jump from there to here, the squabble with Argus, and he was already drained, and it was Caesar that had taken the wind out of his sails. Fay knew himself as a competent Wizard even for his age, but what if he did end up killing someone? What if his own bullheaded actions ended up being a bane to protecting the people he had sworn to do so in front of the Council? Mistakes were fine to make, and they were great learning tools, but if it was anything you weren't allowed to make a mistake over, it was a living thing. Someone killing a person you swore to protect because you were too cocky or rushed in too quickly was inexcusable, and even if there was nothing you could do, even an Associate was responsible for that light being snuffed out.

A person's life was held above all other things, and if he failed at protecting it, how could he face others in the Council? He already didn't have a great track record thanks to the School, and now he was around big-league names like Starfinger and Jupiter - incredibly potent, skilled, and capable casters that didn't make those kinds of mistakes. Even if they failed against the OA in the enormous attack, their evacuation efforts saved so many that it was more than easy to forgive the loss of others. Their loss even put systems into place that wouldn't be there if not, so the loss still ended up in a long-term win.

He couldn't hold a candle to that dedication.

1586073208282.png "I think some time to get yourself squared up would be a good thing, Fay," came Aquilias's voice as she smiled down at him. "You need it after the work you've done today. Go along and get yourself clean and we'll deal with business when you feel better."

"Yeah..." he muttered to himself, looking around before he nodded.

1586073965305.png Argus had been standing further by the wayside, his hood still up and his arms folded as his eyes stayed fixed on the two. How he was treating his Merlin's kindness was gross. The boy had no genuine thanks to give her. No honest gratitude for her attention to his plights, and it made him want to fight again. Thick gloved fingers gripped tightly at his bicep and underarm to the point where the leather creaked in protest, but he couldn't even feel it. A pit had opened in his stomach as he thought of his chance to stay with his Merlin slowly slipping through his fingers. Fay was capable. He was more than capable at his age, and he squandered it on feeling sorry for himself. Who the hell feels sorry for themselves when they were known in the Council to single-handedly halt the absolute peak of a Raid when the school was considered lost? He dominated at the last second and went so far as to sacrifice himself in one last burst of incandescent glory, and here he was acting like some frail toddler!!!

He wanted to hurt the boy. Argus wanted nothing more than to bring out the part of Fay that the boy absolutely rejected, and he'd get his chance - maybe not now, but he felt it. He would get it soon, and he'd snuff it out at the peak. He'd prove that "Celesteon" was nothing under his boot heel, and the Merlin will finally see him for the mage he was. The Mage that he worked so hard to become - worthy of being lifted to Merlin status and given his dues.

He just needed the right moment....

Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Attachments

• 1586071869756.png
    1586071869756.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 1
~Kaden Caruso ~
Responding to Beverly Hilton

Kaden C.jpg "You stand out you know~"

A sour expression etched itself onto Kaden's face at the sound of a musical voice echoing in his head. "Fuck off," he hissed. That of course drew more stares as every rich asshole within eye sight avoided him like as if he had some sort of incurable disease.

"You're so mean!" She didn't care; not really. She was a demon after all. The bitch was just trying to get a rise out of him. It's not going to work. "We'll see about that," she replied before finally falling silent. Ominous, but ultimately an empty threat. What was she going to do? Wrestle him for control? He had already forced her into a tiny corner of his mind. She could try, but it wouldn't work. He was stronger than her. As long as he didn't slip up, she was powerless.

Luckily for him, there were a few teens like him going around the hotel too. He stood out, but the staff would probably just assume that he was a celebrity's kid or something. He didn't really care either way. Stealth wasn't really his thing. Flexing his fingers, he wandered around the giant lobby as he thought of what to do. He hadn't really come up with a plan...but things here were definitely wrong. People retracting their police reports? Nah, smelt like corruption. But how do I draw out the culprit? Not like he had anything fancy on him to be bait for a theft. "Burn the whole place down. Problem solved, right? He continued ignoring her. No replies meant no ammunition for her. It took a few more minutes of ambling around aimlessly before Kaden finally gave up and found a secluded spot out of sight of the multiple security cameras. Security cameras. Damnit, why did it take him so long to think of that!? He could rewind the tapes and try to find the incidences from the police reports. He knew the time frame so he could figure it out. But I'd need to find the room and be able to watch multiple tapes uninterrupted for hours. While remaining undetected. Shit. That was going to be a challenge. Snapping his fingers, he watched as a flame was summoned and danced atop his fingertips. It was...weird. All of these new powers and abilities were still hard to get used to. For some reason, the demon in his head was a lot easier to adjust to than his sudden ability to summon literal hellfire. Maybe because humans are used to intrusive thoughts. And Mashu was just a compilation of intrusive thoughts with free will.

He snuffed the flame and relit it with a snap of his fingers. Over, and over, and over again as he contemplated his choices. How to get into the security office without being noticed? Maybe bribe the guy? But he didn't have cash. I could steal it. Seems a bit of a villain thing to do. He was already crossing more lines than he liked, so unless he couldn't come up with something else he was going to table that particular idea. "Create a distraction. Burn something!" Kaden rolled his eyes. Her constant mantra of chaos and fire were starting to get pretty fucking annoying. Damn pyromaniac.

Shield
He rubbed his ear, a human habit despite not feeling any pain. Just something he's always learned to do. He shrugged at her, walking alongside, "I guess. I'm not useful aside from my invulnerability. I can't pick up much more than a non-powered. I'm not much faster. I'd just get stuck, naked, in a collapsed building, waiting for someone to dig me out." He frowned, shrugging again, "And yeah. I guess this is kinda weird. I appreciate someone giving a crap for once though. But even if I tried to be a hero, if that was even possible with my abilities, I wouldn't get very far. There's no way anyone would let me. I'd just get thrown into jail. Again. Until some other supervillain breaks out and drags me with him. So pray tell, how would I even start that? I'd probably not even get to the test, let alone take the test and pass it."

"Everything has a use pup. Just have to learn to use it." Her head swiveled to look at him, empty sockets studying him. "You're right. There's a prejudice against you right now. Lucky for you, I hate that shit. So here's what's gonna happen." She grabbed his shoulder, giving him a firm shake. "You're returning a purse, and then you're stuck as a prohibitional apprentice. There's a chance for you to turn around and I don't want to have to deal with the fact if I didn't do something it's gonna piss me off. Congrats pup, you're gonna be a hero. Whether you piss and moan about it, I don't care." She swiveled her head back around to face forward. "Specifics will be addressed when we get there. Good job, you've managed to turn this into my weirdest day in months. Your name is a decent start for a hero. You can be a Shield for someone who needs it. Get used to the thought....How far is this damn In-N-Out? The damn states always space shit out so much."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Shield
"Hah. What?" he laughed, incredulous at what she had just said. He was going to what now? That was ridiculous. He was a villain, not a hero. Though... the idea of not being constantly chased was a nice one... He stopped walking and sighed, tying his massive amount of hair up into a quick bun, "Well, it helps when you're walking the right way. You annoyed me, so I just walked in a random direction. It's just over here though. That was kinda silly of you to just trust I was going the right way."

A few more minutes, and a purse return later, they were in front of the In-n-Out once again, with a bit of a scene having been made now that he was back with a lady with a flaming skull. "Alright, now what crazy lady? You're determined to saddle yourself with me, might as well let you. It's more interesting than anything I've got going on anyhow. So how does one do this hero bull?"

"Don't think I stuttered." She glanced at him, jutting a finger into his chest. "Do me a favor, if I'm going to do you the courtesy of not dragging you by your ear, the least you can do is go the right direction." A purse returned, a scene caused...well at least one of those was the usual routine. Glancing at him she gave a shrug. "Now? You get evaluated, take a test, then you're stuck with me...at least until I get tired of you and I eat your soul or something. After you get your license I start taking you out and doing 'hero bull'...We're not walking this time." There was no grandiose wave of her hand, no snap of her fingers. No, just a thought and a large hellfire erupted next to her on the street before disappearing, leaving her hell cycle in it's place. "Get on, don't have all day. And we're not taking detours, because I know the way." She slid into the drivers seat, nodding her skull over her shoulder. "Not afraid of a little speed and fire, are you pup?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Shield
"Hardly," he muttered, grimacing as he mounted the bike. He wasn't exactly pleased about the idea of flying off the bike and bouncing down the street. Sure, it wouldn't hurt... but he didn't want to end up naked again. Clothes... always the weak link. He didn't care what she thought about him going the wrong direction. He wasn't going to be an easy puppet... That being said... he also didn't want to argue with her about getting on the bike. Shield gripped her waist and held on tight. He imagined this thing moved fast.

1586126417346.pngLA Coastal Venice - Hero Registration Building
By the coast in Venice in Los Angeles, there was one of the Hero Registration Buildings. Fancy and multistoried, it housed a lot of potential heroes at once, allowing many to be tested at a time. It was, as always, a bustling building. In this case, it was pretty new, in the same place an old YMCA used to be. First thing in the door, there was a receptionist at the desk. He greeted with a smile.

"Hello!" he said, his smile almost faltering when he recognized Shield, but ever the customer service guru, it stayed firmly planted. He glanced at a monitor, "Hero... SoulFlare, is it? Welcome! What brings you to the registrar today?"

"Good. Hold on then, I'm tired of the slow pace." Revving the engine she took off down the road with the screech of flaming tiers, flames licking at the air behind her before slowly dying down. Once again she avoided the traffic in her best-known route, simply drive on the side of a building as needed. Screeching to a halt by sliding her bike to the side she stepped off with Shield, the cycle being consumed in another large fire before disappearing. Walking into the building she slowly worked her skeleton jaw side to side. God don't let them give me crap, I don't have enough time or care for it.

Glancing at the customer service guru she simply stared at him for a moment. "Prohibitionary Apprentice registry. Going to put the kid to some use other than petty theft. That's not a problem, is it?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1586133155395.pngLA Coastal Venice - Hero Registration Building - Shield and SoulFlare
"Absolutely ma'am. Not a common request, but one we will be more than happy to help with! Right this way," he said and motioned to his left, where there was a young woman with a more genuine, though still customer service-y smile on her face. She piped up, "Hello! My name is Janice. I'll be your representative today. Follow me please."

She turned and headed off with a pep in her step. As she passed by a table, she picked up a folder and a stack of papers. She motioned to a bowl of candy in the same motion, "Feel free to help yourself. If you need a beverage, just let me know. We have water, apple juice, and a limited selection of sodas." Janice didn't stop rushing off until she came to a halt in a nice office. It had a huge glass window that made up a wall of the office, which looked down on the road. She motioned to a set of chairs and sat down in her own with a soft sigh.

Shield had, of course, grabbed an entire handful or two of the candies.

"Right. Let's begin," Janice said, setting the stack of paperwork in front of the two of them, "Miss SoulFlare, I need you to understand outright that a Probational Apprentice is a big responsibility. Though, no doubt, you can handle it, I am required to inform you. He will be considered your responsibility, as will his actions. His actions can negatively reflect on your record. And for you, Shield, or shall I say Darren Locks. You, willing or unwilling, need to be informed of your situation. You are being put into this program as an alternative to prison and as a rehabilitation program. If all goes well, by the end of it, you will be a bonafide Superhero with a license and everything. For now, however, you can think of SoulFlare here as your warden. What she says, goes, and she will have full authority to handle you as she sees fit if you act out and especially if you endanger civilians in any way."

She cleared her throat, then started up her program on her computer, "We already have some data on you, Darren. Your height and weight, your registered abilities, so all that will speed things up a little. I need you both to read through those papers and sign. They are primarily release documents and an agreement about responsibilities. Likewise, one of the things mentioned is mandatory meetings. Apprentices already have to attend meetings once in a while, and that is doubly true for those that are probational in nature. Psych evaluations, the occasional physical, and the occasional report on progress. It's not too bad, but we want to make sure that our citizens are safe and sound."

Janice gave the now nervous Shield a smile, "Once you have your probational license, you'll need to keep it on you at all times. Sound good?"

Shield swallowed hard and looked to SoulFlare from the document, then to Janice, who honestly creeped him out a little, and gave her a small nod. What the hell did he get himself into this time? The documents were mostly common sense stuff about property damage and whatnot. Don't hurt people. Don't destroy stuff. Don't be a dick. Easy to understand. He had no problem signing it. It just... felt weird, though.

"Who will it consider my employer to be?"

Janice continued the smile, typing away, "Ah yes. Employer. For the moment, you will share the same employer as Miss SoulFlare here. After the probational period is over, however, you have the opportunity to change that."

"Oh... ok."

"Miss SoulFlare, any questions?"

Soul Flare followed after silently, her gaze fixed on the woman ahead of her. She smelled...wrong. Like rotten meat and blood and necrosis. A focused glance at her soul revealed the situation, and for a brief moment, the fire on her skull seemed to grow just a bit before settling down. "I'll pass on the refreshments Janice, thank you." Coming to a halt she slowly drummed her fingers against her forearm as she crossed her arms, skull staring at the two in silence. Yada yada paperwork, yada yada fill shit out, drench her with a bucket of water that'd be more enjoyable than this bureaucracy. Speaking up at Shields question she answered. "Under me, you're employed by the Church. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop you from drinking or sleeping around or anything, just don't do it while you should be working. Should be easy to fill out."

Leveling her gaze on Janice at her prompting of 'any questions', her skull fire seemed to get a bit larger. "No questions. Only statements. You reek of suffering, rotting meat, and blood. You may have others fooled thanks to your smiles and polite attitude, but you cannot fool me. I know your actions, I know what you do. I know where the hookers and the homeless go. I know you sell 'sausage' and other treats. Your soul is marred by torture and pain, the screams of innocent paint a vivid color pallet for me to see. You smell of dull blades and grease, the sweat of those who toiled in your precious little hidey-hole. Like pigs to slaughter you lead them away...Janice Moreaux, such a pretty name for one who's soul is stained with such sin. I give you two options right now. You can either go and confess for what you have done, or I will have you face penance here and now. It will be my word against yours...and unlike you, I don't give pain without a good reason, and my powers are well documented. Do with this information as you will. There is no secret that God does not know." There was a certain sense of satisfaction, perhaps elation, to let someone know that the skeletons in their closet were on full display. There was a part of her that found no greater joy to tear someone down who deserved it and leave them laid bare for all to see their actions. And yet, there was a part of her that craved more. It would be so easy to pin this woman to a wall and gaze into her eyes. So easy to make her face just penance for her sin, to leave her a crumpled burning heap. But she couldn't do that, as much as she wanted too. It would cause too many problems, leave to much panic in its wake. No, she had given her a choice, it was only fair. She would take the smart route undoubtedly, turn herself in and face the justice system. And as much as Agas chose to demand she do it herself, she couldn't. "Tick tock Janice, he's a big boy, he can fill out the papers."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

LA Coastal Venice - Hero Registration Building - Shield and SoulFlare
Shield nearly choked on one of his candies and had a coughing fit trying to dislodge it. She what?! Once he could breathe again, he looked at SoulFlare incredulously. Was she really making a scene here? Now? Of all times? And wasn't it his fucking luck to get a registrar with a torture fetish. Just typical. But couldn't she have just, oh I don't know, followed her outside and gotten rid of her? Holy crap why'd she have to make this so awkward?

Janice looked like she had seen a ghost and seemed to choose neither option SoulFlare listed. Instead she just up and fucking disappeared! Taking half the things on the desk with her. He guessed that was how she got the homeless wherever SoulFlare was talking about, but she didn't even say anything to SoulFlare. I mean, he couldn't really blame her. Best thing to do when you're caught out would be to run, and with an ability like that, she had the upper hand. God damn, was he really this unlucky? He grimaced and his eyes darted to SoulFlare, "We're not gonna try to chase after her, right?"

She tilted her skull in silence at the woman disappearing. She could already hear Agas giving a rage-filled comment, but she didn't have time for that. Attention snapping to Shield she slowly unfolded her arms, casually cracking her 'knuckles'. "We are, that's an idiotic question. Part of my job is making people like her face penance. And unfortunately for her, she just chose that option as opposed to turning herself in. One second." She reached onto her person before pulling a hero radio off herself and turning it on. "This is Soul Flare, S Class, putting out an APB. I want any available eyes searching for a Janice Moreaux. Currently employed as a worker at the Hero Registration Building on the coast of Venice. She is responsible for the deaths of streetwalkers and the homeless and their extensive torture. The description is as follows at last time of sighting-" She calmly rattled off the woman down to the finest detail before repeating the message one last time before putting her radio away. "Your paperwork can wait right now, job comes first. Follow me and don't lag behind." Turning on her heel she started out of the room. "Congrats pup, you're jumping headfirst."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1586138237373.pngDevils Tale Bakery
Ryuleianna giggled at their antics, just pleased to be around it all. She smiled sweetly at the man, "You know it's quite rude for your underling to attack you so. I'm going to guess you two aren't so much from around here?" She laughed and shook her head, sipping at the impossibly cute latte that had been brought to her. "Mm... Don't worry. I don't care. As long as you guys aren't going to start something, I'm off-duty, as far as I care. Michael would disagree with me, but he's not here to force me into anything. I'd much rather leave well enough alone."

"Besides, you lot seem like nice enough people, and you've got wonderful coffee. This is a beverage I swear they need in Heaven. I've tried convincing them time and time again to aquire it in bulk, but no. No luck. They can be such prudes about change." She sipped again, "Oh, and a recommendation. Humans don't really do the assault thing so often. They view it as far worse than demons do, as much as it does spice up your life. I'd have to agree with the humans as far as that goes. I quite enjoy not having to worry about my safety around my peers."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

THE PARK

1428373228005.jpg Xiard quietly watched as the flare blinded him. he did not move. Simply preparing himself he listened as the armor charged at him. Incredible speed. however. Xiard raised his hand up and faster then even mantis could detect.... punched the blade. it going between his fingers and from the force of his punch making it slice into his hand. however... the blade stopped midway into his fist. he was gripping his fist so hard his muscles were contracting around the sword. instead of the blade going further into his fist him and his sword were being pushed back leaving large drag marks digging up the ground until they finally stopped. He looked down at alexandria as the pressure he exerted increased. " Your sword and armor.... are impressive. however. A blade that does not cut willingly, is not fit to be wielded. " he said as with his grip still holding tight. " You are no swordsman. Just a child swinging a sword of light." he told her as using his sword stabbed into the ground for leverage he kicked her right in the helmet creaks heard from the metal, the kick feeling as if she just took an 18 wheeler going full speed.

Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Alexandria
AKA Machina

Time: That's not important right now, idiot!!!

1586150088508.png The people had been cheering for a fight up until he had slung them away. Now there was confusion. People were injured, people were scared, and the last thing she needed was panicked civilians as they finally realized that shit just got real. Those who could run had done so with haste, to her relief, but those who couldn't either suffered from a concussion due to the force of wind necessary to clear a ring around them, or had landed in strange enough ways to cause real harm. To say the least, it pissed her off. Even when she was a villain, she had a rule: no harming civilians, and it was apparent that Xiard had just as much disregard for that here that he had in the game, but that only meant that the rest of his stats would have been the same. She didn't find herself surprised when Xiard had tanked the strike she threw with his hand and forced himself to stay steady as her thrusters had pushed him backward, allowing her to gain ground, but there was a problem.

The man was also known to have a few things that some players thought was bullshit: His reaction time being one of them. She didn't get the chance to remember what Xiard was saying about her "swordsmanship" as she felt the pressure of his kick slam her upward, and her head rang from the impact as her skull and her helmet was thrown backwards from the force, though she at least had the presence of mind to deactivate her blade halfway through his slide. The Osmium lining of the suit was holding up, for now, but for a moment as she found her trajectory going upward as her thrusters had stayed on, but she only ended up fifty feet above ground when she finally regained her wits and winced at the pain. She was going to feel that one soon, given the adrenaline in her system was blasting through her veins, and when she did, she wasn't going to be able to move her neck. She'd have to settle this as quickly as possible, either through negotiation or brute force - but, alas, killing him wasn't an option to her.

"Goddammit, he hits hard," she grumbled to herself as she stayed floating for the moment. "So fuck it - time to welcome him to the modern era.

"You don't have to take orders from them, idiot!" She barked, preparing herself for what she hoped wasn't the inevitable. "You don't know them, you don't owe allegiance to their command - you even hurt some of them in the process of clearing them out, and you don't need me to thrash you for you to get it through your thick skull...

"But until you get it, I ain't letting you win easily!"

That having been said, she wasn't entirely sure of what to go with first. Using her short-ranged weapon systems like the SMG, throwing knives, and pistols weren't exactly fantastic options when there was absolute chaos and not everyone was staying down, and it left her riot shield.... But she forgot to install the new shock functions to it.

Hell with it. Namina disengaged the riot shield from the back of Alexandria's armor as she reached for it, and she wasn't going to be caught off-guard again by something so simple as a kick to the helmet. This time, she'd have to think a bit more about her approach. Xiard wasn't above using his own free limb to stop a blow, even if he found out that it wasn't a particularly lethal one - which was new and good news since in the game, you only had lethal options, and regardless of the command given by the idiot civilians, it seemed like he was... Hesitant, maybe? He wanted to talk more than he wanted to fight.

Again, she would charge, shield raised and her blade atop her shield as if wielding a Gladius and Scutum, flat of the blade resting and her riot shield raised to cover her body. Her descent would be quicker, however, as her thrusters kicked her forward even harder - this time at one-hundred twenty miles an hour and charging in from fifty feet, but it gave her enough time to maneuver. Her pattern was a spiral more than a straightforward charge as she kept her shield focused on Xiard, and she would choose being at his right side - his sword arm, before she would make a second attempt, but she'd be less merciful. The blade seemed to crackle as its intensity was raised - still not enough to kill, but it was more than enough to make armor strain under its effect as she slid the blade down from the top of her shield to instead thrust forward, using the point of the blade to aim for his blade-arm's shoulder. If her strike landed, the force of the blow given Mantis's assistance coupled with her speed and exertion of force would almost be double of her last attack, given the assistance by gravity to close the distance when her trajectory leveled out, likely blowing him back if he couldn't avoid the strike.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

1428373228005.jpg"Again with a reckless charge. Strategy must be implemented if one seeks victory " He said aloud as he had already drawn his sword from the ground. and waited until.... just as she was close. he pivoted back dodging barely as he swung his sword sideways robbing her suit of the thrusters. her let out a roar of pain he felt from the force his sword received. Mid swing he had grabbed her leg using his bloodied hand and transferred her motion into a circular as he spun her around throwing her into a lake. out of breath. and mentally tired. He simply ripped pieces of his cloth off and shoved them in his ears beneath his helmet. Not turning back to the Lake he trudged out of the park into the alleyways of the shopping district. blood dripping leaving a faint trail. "the buildings.... all stone... no wood or straw. must.... converse my flasks.... need. Need to find a fire.... and rest there." He thought to himself as he trudged through the alleyways into a homeless filled alley. people sitting around a barrel fighter. To mentally tired to continue. his brain overloaded with all this new sights... he collapsed next to the fire.

Osuka Osuka

Alexandria
AKA Machina

Time: .....

1586155357885.pngAnother swing and a miss. At this point, she felt like slamming her head into the ground would've been more than an acceptable answer, but instead of that.... It looked like he was being....Nice? Maybe? Or more insulting? the moment she felt her body shift, she knew either she was about to be absolutely destroyed, or just sent off to try again, but what she didn't expect was a body of blue hurling strai- no, no.... Wait, that was water. The impact of her suit as it continued rocketing forth into the drink was enough to jar her body and send her straight to the bottom, and with the weight of her suit, well... She would be trudging out. It was after Xiard had left the center of the park that Machina had finally climbed from the depths of the lake, and wouldn't you know it, everyone was there to laugh. They had no idea just how dangerous things would have gotten, and here they all were taking pictures and making their posts about this and that. It's not what pissed her off, though. They could try to ridicule her all they wanted, but the fact of the matter is that they let Xiard get away. Sure, maybe it was only his hand that was damaged, but thinking about it...
"Ah, fuck..." She found herself grumbling. Reattaching the hilt of her energy blade to its charging base, she found herself climbing out of Mantis as it bloomed open, the Zero Suit - Mantis now on standby and following her - coalescing over her body beneath her clothes....Which meant she was out of a really nice pair of pajamas, but it was the least of her worries. Who the hell know what Xiard was doing just before their fight or what he had gone through? Where Exactly was Xiard in his timeline back in the game, and what exactly was she going to have to deal with when she found him again? After snatching her Zero Sword off of Mantis's side and letting it retrieve its riot shield, she was off again, sheath in hand as she all but plowed through the rest who had stayed and laughed as she went on her way. She'd lost sight of him, but then again, he was leaving a blood-trail that was damning if he was trying to hide....

Until she found him at a "bonfire." A sigh left her lips as she felt the aches and queasiness of their "fight" settle in, and disregarding the homeless that had gathered 'round to poke at the weird thing, she had made two decisions:

One: That sword wasn't coming off unless it was in a sterile environment.

Two: She wasn't liking where that was going....

"Mantis - airlift Subject back to base," she started, sticking the sheath against her side. "Send a secondary after me once he's secured outside city limits."

"Dr. Norman," Namina's even tone interjected as Mantis's head tilted. "Are you sure this is wise? The Subject currently is unconscious and is the suspe-"

"I'll take responsibility," she groaned as she interrupted her VI. "Ugh, just make today stop. The Robbery is probably over at this point, and I can't deal with potential firearms and three villains with just the Zero Suit and nothing more."

A single beep was all that came as a reply as she bent down to begin assessing his left hand.

"Making me take responsibility..." She grumbled. "I'll make you pay for that..."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

"cold..... where am i.... I.. I must return. I must protect the child. She was entrusted to me... not by an order. but a request... one i chose to willingly follow. The dhampir girl...the daughter of one of my only friends.... I must return... To her house. The three knights have fallen... and the stars has vanished from the sky.... but i must continue to guard her door." he thought to himself in his deep sleep. as vivid memories flashed through his head. Memories of him leading the suicide squad platoon to sunder the astral fog. a fog that drained life and withered all it touched... their quest to kill a vampire lord. in which only Timolia and he survived. THe days of listening to Timolia. The crazed royal magician. She never spoke sense. always taking about prochepies and futures. she was even more crazy when she made 30 clones... yet they managed the bonfires... as her true self faded to dust. The thoughts of Ervshy. Its giant walls illuminated by the moonlight and its waterways reflecting the stars like art... all for it to vanish.... and now. He had left a world with no sunrise. only a shattered moon in a sky with no stars. and became trapped within one of metal machines he knew nothing of......"

Osuka Osuka

1586205229386.pngThe small boy with cherry-red hair let out a small whine, which turned into a long groan as he stabbed at the buttons on his handheld game. "Momma, it's glitching againnnn!" he whined to his mother, who was paying for food at a hotdog stand.

She ruffled his hair, "Maybe you should be a little bit more gentle with your game, hm? If you press the buttons so fast and mash them together, then I'm not too surprised it's glitching. You're confusing it."

"Xiard's not even moving right!" he continued to whine, grumbling as he turned the game off and moved over to another one in his library, "And it's not cuz I'm pushing it too hard momma! The game is meant for that sorta thing. But fine. I'll just play a different game."

"It's not like you don't have a lot to choose from, dear."

"I'll play some Harvest Crossing," he stated, still looking down at his game, following along behind his mother like a little duckling. They had gone to the park earlier, but he had gotten bored and hungry, so now they were getting food and going shopping. He didn't care so much about the shopping, but he was pretty happy about the food. He paused the game and set it to the side when they sat down to eat, and absolutely destroyed the hotdog, practically inhaling it, as little kids are wont to do. A few minutes later, they were off shopping, and his nose was tucked back into his game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back