• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Bryne.pngBryne
Bryne looked tired. He walked to the kitchen without another word and just grabbed two plates. He placed them both down on the countertop of the kitchen island and motioned for the pizza, "What kind did you get? I hope you didn't skimp."

"Mm..." he enjoyed the slice of pizza regardless of what it was, clearly happy to have food in his mouth, "Fuck sometimes pizza is just the best. Right, anyway. What are you doing here, Havoc? Got a thing for me, or just a passing interest? You're not the only person I've had follow me, you know. So if you're showing interest in me, some other villains are gonna get protective and pick a fight. Some people are really catty about me. It's weird.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1637688946680.pngLightning Mountain
Oh geezus that was the wrong thing to say apparently. The wrath of a goddess was one to fear. It seemed the pause allowed some of his underlings to get away, however. Good. Her ire could be focused on him. At this pace he was gonna go deaf before he got killed!

"Shit!" he cursed as lightning and wind blades met, impossibly fast, pounding against his barriers. It did not last for long, cracks forming, the mosaic of barriers shattering like glass. And indeed, fulgurite was building pillars around him from all the strikes that glanced off the barrier. In the moment the barrier broke, the man brought up a bo staff to meet and block her blade, "Urgh! Aren't you worried all this fanfare could hurt your precious child?"

Asano Fumi.pngThat very same child quickly realized that heading toward Sato was impossible. She didn't want to go back to the safety of Thyris though, as the scary demon lady was still there.

Instead, little Asano scrambled and ran as fast as she could away from either dangerous people, nearly falling multiple times. She didn't know the people she was running towards, but they didn't have the same cloaks as the bad people. Choosing the lady instead of the man, between the two, she slammed into Sophia, hugging up around her hips. "ミス、ミスター! 助けて! 佐藤女神に駆け寄ろうとしたのですが、怖い男と戦っていて、鬼女が怖くて魚女に戻れませんでした。" she cried to the two, hugging her tightly.
Miss, Mister! Help! I tried to run to Goddess Sato, but she is fighting a scary man, and then I couldn't go back to the fish lady because of a scary demon lady.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Gaia.pngGaia
Chutes only grumbled in response to his appreciation, a soft "no problem" mumbling out. He liked having someone thank him for something, but was too shy to admit it.

Gaia smiled softly at Adam, tilting her head as though in thought, "I don't mind much. I find the interest of such a meeting worth the short notice. I did resurrect three select heroes, yes. All very strong, rather famous." She chuckled, the echoes of her laugh sounding like the distant whistles of birds, "Why? Well, I felt as though I wanted to give you humans a little hand. Three people back from the dead is hardly a large task for me, so I think you might be overestimating how much involvement there really was. There are a good number of events coming your way. As a people, I mean, not you specifically."

"For instance, did you know your Christian God is currently being held captive nearby? Like some broken nuclear bomb. Regardless," she brushed off the statement as though she had said nothing out of the ordinary, "More specifically, at least in the immediate, I wanted a few extremely capable and motivated heroes in the mix to fix this OA problem you have. They've annoyed Death with all the soul fuckery. If you mess with one of my own I get rather protective. You are right, however. We don't typically get involved. So I chose people to get involved for me. They don't know that I resurrected them. I did figure, however, that they'd have sufficient motivation to hunt the OA, since they died to them before."

"Death, War, Pestilence, Famine... myself... there are quite a few of us in Los Angeles right now," she mused, laying back lazily on the couch, "So perhaps you have a good sense for this sort of thing. Noticing the increasing involvement of entities like us. How peculiar of a human. I'm intrigued and entertained. I don't mind further questions should you have some."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Merc Talk
"Yes sir. Hale. Ah, god, where to even start," he huffed out, voice rasping for a moment before he coughed and cleared his throat, "Male. Sounded like a smoker. Smelled like cigars. Had a mask that looked Japanese in make. A stylized fox or white oni or something. I don't know Japanese folklore much. Heavier bodied. Like a... a weight lifter or something. He came to me all of a sudden at a park when I was in Arizona. Told me to meet him in Los Angeles. Showed me he had my wife on a video feed."

He sighed, "I came to LA. He met me again, at another park. Contacted me through my channels to set it up. Gave me the job. After you were acquired I was to contact him through a number he gave me for the purpose. It's listed on my burner. Check the rightmost small pocket on the front of my bag. Phone is there. Hale is listed. I was to call him, give him the time, and meet him with you in the trunk, in a dump closer to San Bernadino."

who3.jpgAdon, Darren, and Tracy
Darren and Tracy both looked at her for a moment, then at each other. Darren laughed lightly, "Oh, you have no idea how much I've missed our beds. I had to sleep on the streets so I'm hardly complaining about the hotel bed, but... it's still a world away from what we have at home. I mean, you'd love to spite them, right? So living in one of their houses is a form of spite, right?"

= = = = = = = = = =​

"Well yeah, Agas serves her purpose, but a policeman shouldn't abuse the people they're meant to protect either," she pouted, looking up and poking Agas's cheek in mild annoyance, "But if you're fine, then I have no qualms. And yes, pain suffered is just experience for the future. I like your outlook."

"Conditioning, huh? I guess it makes sense. Humans are animals too, even if I have a soft spot for them," Adon mused, snuggling into Agas's lap so she was more comfortable, legs off to one side and eyes lightly closed, "Father Mason sounds like he was a very good teacher, if he taught you... mm... we need as many good teachers as we can get for troublemakers like Tracy and Darren's family..." Adon started to doze off in Agas's arms, this whole morning having clearly been very taxing on the broken little goddess.

Tactician

He was silent as his captive spoke, carving the description into his mind of this 'Hale' individual. After a moment as Tactician stopped behind, there was the sound of fussing with the bag as he retrieved the burner...followed by the click of a pistol's safety being turned off, the cold barrel kissing the back of the males head, phone to his ear, not yet dialed. "If you want to live to see your wife again, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to dial the number, and you're going to tell him whatever you need so he believes you were successful, and we can meet him. You're a professional, one who was supposedly good enough to one-up me...so this should be easy." The barrel kissed the back of the mercs skull once again for emphasis as he waited on the agreement. Should it ever come there was the tone of the number being dialed, the skull-like mask staring daggers into the bound merc.
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

DF2D27C7-7EB8-49A6-A35D-36AF0C8B41E3.jpeg
The blades wolf
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten

In all honesty’s she never even noticed the blood till it was pointed out. Still happy Amelia let go she hugged her tight and coddled the sweet pup in her arms. “Oh about mommy goes with you then hmm!” She suggested to make Amelia happier before the question was asked. She went silent for just a moment as her eyes stared into Amelia’s before she spoke. “I will never leave you my pup. You are the world to me and I will always be here to protect you.” She said resting her forehead against Amelia’s lovingly and holding her close

She had to fight back tears of her own as her arms tightened around Amelia to hold her closer. Nuzzling her daughter lovingly as they cuddled. “I promise ok.” She whispered to her.​

amelia waters johnson.jpgTyler and Amelia
Tyler reached out and rested a hand on his ex-wife's shoulder, unable to resist the urge to give her support. He wanted to hold her, seeing her hurt like this. He was angry at himself, angry at the people that convinced him she was dangerous, and even angry at her for having gone so far to drive him away from her. She was all work all the time. She brandished a weapon at him. She... damn it, it didn't matter. He should have been more understanding, more forgiving. He sighed internally at the thoughts.

Amelia was starting to cry and hiccup, little fists balling against her momma's shirt, "I love my momma and my poppa. I hate that poppa and momma couldn't see each owder. I hate that momma couldn't see me. I... I hate... that..." she faltered between hiccups, sniffling, "C-can you really stay awound? I... I wanna skwip today. I wanna spend... all... all day wid you." She let out a tiny puppy whine, tail flicking nervously, "Do you not hate each owder anymore?"

Valida quaestio

Morgan wasn't surprised Jewel was playing the card of 'too cool to care', it fit her typical approach to things. A shame it would likely lead her to an early grave. She expressed such limited care to many things, so lackadaisical in her approach. Despite this, she wasn't a total idiot and had some valid thoughts that Morgan would indulge to ensure this cooperation. After all, why should she get her hands dirty when she had these experts on the matters? "To be perfectly blunt, Miss Jewel? That's none of your concern, nor will it ever be. But in the interest of continued cooperation, I'll indulge your question. My goal is simply the protection and betterment of life. However, with the current times we live in, there's no guarantee anyone I talk to truly believes me and would be too happy to put a bullet in my skull for simply having such a belief. As such, my trust is not easily given. If that offends your sensibilities Miss Jewel, you're welcome to leave, and Jupiter can handle this appropriately I'm sure."

Morgans body double shadow shifted as if adjusting and making themselves more comfortable, hands folding on their table. "Based off your question, I gather you don't actually trust me. Which again, is fine. You're free to leave at any time. I've said what I had to say, and I've given my offer. All I desire is for the O.A to become a non-issue. How that occurs is not something I'm overly bothered by. Miss Jupiter, I've answered Miss Jewels concerns, do you have any?...Or you, Chrysos Alexandros?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Hannya

The Samurai glanced at Harpy out of the corner of her eye, face hidden ever still by her mempo. "Interrupting Seppuku would involve interrupting the retainer who would be removing my head. Otherwise, I'd be performing jūmonji giri...If that were to be interrupted, my shame would be a thousandfold, and I would have no life to offer to the debt. For something without honor is without life, and you would only inherit something less than dirt itself, for I would be robbed of a dignified death and would be forced to take my life in some undignified means...If this is so terrible for Yokai, what is your excuse? Don't tell me she bested you?"

The Samurai fell silent as the card was brought into question, taking a step forward to look it over. "Interesting. And the kumo has no relation to it...I've been followed by insects all day, and each carried the sensation of being watched. Are the two connected, perhaps?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Overwatch

There were moments when someone was forced to admit they made a bad decision. Like putting your hand on the hot stove, or clicking a too good to be true email...or opening this book, it seemed. Finding herself in an entirely new world it seemed, the woman quickly slung her bow off her back, an arrow notched in it quicker than one could blink, head on a swivel as she looked around. It was times like this where being able to talk would be handy...nothing completes this scenario more than a nervous 'hello?'. In but a moment something shot past her right, the bowstring pulled back and arrow ready to fly, though she showed constraint right now in not shooting the giant...whatever it was as it shot past. Skin prickled across her body at an uncomfortable sensation of something being far too close to her, the woman spinning around and stepping back thrice in quickstep, arrow leveled with the woman...was this the girl trapped in the book? Must have been trapped for a good reason she supposed. With no other way to communicate with her hands full, she improvised a bit...and whistled the first few notes of 'Hello' by adele in greeting.

imgbin-black-survival-character-model-sheet-concept-art-huntress-uVtvR7Tvy8sTYwbH60dMMjjT5.png

James
His concern was once again replaced with bubbling rage and annoyance, eyes leveling with the demon known as dumbass henceforth. "Shut up about the duel, I'll have Thyris drown you later if that's what you want! We all have bigger issues-" James fell silent as Sophia gave the rundown, eyes bulging and temple throbbing. "A MINUTE!? Wait...so THESE are the ass-holes I got killed to fight? Great, fucking lottery I guess. Get killed, and then the ass holes I'm here for deciding to fuck with my family. You focus on getting the civilians out of here and guarding them. Any of the O.A come near them...you remember that thing you did with the hydra that one time? Do that."
james_angry.png

Sato
The goddess growled as her blade met with the mans bo-staff, wolf mask inches from his face. Again and again, lightning hailed down from the heavens, pillars of fulgrumite shooting up in protest. Interestingly enough, the lightning seemed to outright avoid any of the civilians, and the young girl especially. "Are you implying I'd hurt my child?" The goddess stepped back in a swift motion, only to engage him once again, an indiscernible swing of her blade towards the wrist that kept the hand holding his staff attached to his arm, and a follow up towards his midsection with a cut shallow enough to be non-fatal but cause bleeding and wound him. Each strike was orchestrated and deadly, each blow heavier than it had any right to be given her slender frame. "You're not leaving here alive. None of you are." The thunder overhead roared again before a torrent of lightning dropped down, twelve bolts all heading for her target she was occupying.

851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png

James
James fell silent as the young girl charged them both, a slow exhale leaving his lungs. That kid was in a kimino...and speaking Japanese. This was Sato's village girl, huh? He paused for a moment, mind working to find the correct words and remember what he'd taught himself. "Sore wa daijōbudesu, watashitachiha tasukeru tame ni koko ni imasu. Kore wa Sofiadesu, kanojo wa anata o anzen ni tamochimasu."
It's alright, we're here to help. This is Sophia, she'll keep you safe.
James glanced back at Sophia, then the young girl, and then Sato again. "Thyris! Sophia is getting the civilians out of here, can you do anything to try to keep this place from falling atop us? There's more than enough rainfall building up, can you make a bubble and reverse the pressure on it to keep the walls from caving in?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

The detective nodded along as she spoke, writing in his notepad to journal the conversation they were having. "I actually met them at one point, I believe. Back when I was a rookie in this sort of stuff, but all the same." He paused to allow Life itself to laugh, a laugh much better than Nyarlathoteps that much was certain. "I'm estimating that you had any involvement, Miss Gaia. And even one percent is a whole lot more than zero percent with this sort of thing. And as far as I've ever known, zero percent is the Concepts go to." Adam paused, tapping his pencil at the pad before him. "Ma'am, with all due respect, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me all of this was directly going to rain on my parade at this point. A lot of powerful people and things make it a hobby by now."

Adam leaned back, continuing to journal for a moment. "God himself, hm? Depending on how one looks at it, the Christian God is the God of quite a few faiths, but with different interpretations...I believe so at least, I'm not an expert in faith. Well, the traditional faith at least." Adam hummed softly to himself as he finished logging the conversation in his notes, giving it a quick once over. "I've spent quite a good few years of my life with this sort of thing, ma'am. I'd be ashamed of myself if I didn't have a modicum of skill for it now...I suppose the biggest question weighing on my mind is why are so many Concepts in L.A of all places right now? There's a prevailing belief that Concepts, specifically the four you mentioned, are horsemen of the apocalypse. But not so much as 'the world blows up' as the volcanic eruption theory. Sure magma destroys everything, but a lot of new growth takes place from volcanic ash. However, Nyarlathotep is said to bring about the end of mankind one day to make way for another dominant species. Some doomsday cults belief when Azazatoth wakes, it all simply ceases to exist. At this point, you could tell me Peewee Herman has the secrets of the universe in his Playhouse and I wouldn't be surprised...So I'm going to take doomsday off the table. Why are you here, ma'am?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

jewel.pngJewel and Jupiter
"Ay, I can appreciate that. So standoffish. Geez. I want that too, generally speaking. I just have a hard time cooperating with laws to get it done sometimes," she chuckled, grinning, "I agree with your ideal, and I believe it too, since you went to such an extent to get what I assume is a lot of info on the damn OA. Don't need to be all aggressive about it. I'm not plannin' on leaving. I DO trust what you're saying. Quite frankly, you don't give me a bad vibe. I've heard bad people. A lot of bad people. They give a much different feel than you, fake image or not."

Jupiter and Chrysos were addressed, and Jupiter jumped like she was zapped, "O-oh. Ah... well... It's an interesting idea..." She hurriedly opened the envelope and whatnot, "I'm not going to say no to taking out the OA... I just... worry a bit about how all this was obtained. I know Jewel said she doesn't really care about the law... but... that doesn't surprise me. She's a villain with a new title."

Jewel rolled her eyes at the statement, but she continued.

"Ah...," she sighed, "Sorry, that was rude of me. I plan on taking out the OA, and yes I'll use your information to do so. I won't have anything to do with how you gathered this, though."

"I wanna meet again, personally!" Jewel chimed in, still grinning, "I certainly don't mind making the world a better place by making some heads roll. Ten outta ten. This sounds like it'll be fun. She's too worried about the laws to say it, but I know how much the city hurt from that bullshit they pulled. I know how much my husband's hurt from it. It's been wayyyy too long since anybody had to pay for their bullshit. I'm hype."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Sophia froze as she looked down upon the child. She did not know what to do, she had quickly remembered what she saw in a book and awkwardly lifted her her up holding her close letting james explain away. Hearing her masters orders she quietly nodded as she began teleporting the civilians outside the mountain one by one, forcibly knocking them out to ensure they cooperated, as Thryis got to work expanding her bubble. "Uhh hey bud. That wont work. Dirt and water dont mix well together. You gotta use a non elemental shield" Scile said watching as just as she said mud was mixing into the shield and impurifying it. Scile calmly watching. "yeaaah Guess ill help" she walked up to where Thyris was standing. "Uhhh how do I do this... God its been forever since ive had to use it like this" She mumbled closing her eyes as her golden arms grew in size, her tattoos glowing bright. "Avalokiteshvara" She declared as the golden arms turned into a large sphere extending around her, replacing thyris water shield as upon the golden orb were illustrations of thousands upon thousands of hands. Thyris watching dropped her bubble shield. "Huh.... Guess that works out. So uhhh Hey James what now. Miss Demon over here has got the shielding handled. Satos still pissed. And sophias almost done knocking everyone out." Thyris asked as she cleaned some mud off herself

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Harpy looked away when questioned. "I flew into a powerline while laughing at her" She answered knowing how embarrassing that was. Honestly HArpy had no one to blame but herself and the Tokyo power company. Damn powerlines are the enemy of all birds she swore. But hearing hannyas questioning of the card. She looked at it as well. "the dude who gave it to us looked paler then a ghost. And weve had the feeling of being watched. SO lovely. Bugs bugs and more bugs" She complained as the doll spider thought...." Hmmm An Entomancer perhaps?" She said allowed as Unagi gasped and nodded "Oh yeah! They control insects and stuff. I saw a really cool one in an old anime who could turn a beetle into a shield and a mantis into a sword!" she said excited. She honestly had no idea if this "itsy bitsy spider" was friend or foe. But at least someone was looking out for her, even in LA.... she was being taken cared of for her uselessness....

Chrysos was playing with a slinky before he looked up "Huh me!? oh uh well" he fumbled making the slinky disappear into his scarf before he sat up. He had.... not been paying attention at all. "Well. I think its an unreasonable goal... a pipe dream. But if I did have a question it would be." Chrysos closed his eyes as he breathed in, trying to concentrate. Taking out a Platinum coin with his family's logo on it he spun it between his fingers, leaning forward out of his chair he looked at the screen. "With this platinum Coin I can speak for all of Alexandros.... What is in it for us and Teach?" he asked his eyes taking a golden sheen as he got serious. He was brought into the conversation seriously. So he had to answer it with the same amount of seriousness. "Your basically asking us to do a black ops mission. With limited support from a sponsor whos trust is debatable. With the only information we have being faculty layout... Its a suicide mission if it was anyone but top class heroes like Teach and Miss Jupiter." Chrysos spoke as he looked at the layouts. From the looks of it, it was a goddamn maze of tunnels. Even if they had the map it would be disorientating and a nightmare to fight in.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

sean.pngMerc Talk
The merc sighed, closing his eyes with a solemn nod, "I can do that. Might want a glass of water before that, though. My voice is hoarse and I have blood in my mouth. I don't want to risk tipping him off that something is wrong." As if to punctuate that, the merc gave a raspy cough, tasting blood on his lips, "After all, my face did get smashed by you..."

After a couple of sips of water that had no right being that good, no matter the gun pointed at him, the merc cleared his throat. His voice was not nearly as raspy and pained, "Better. Alright, let's get this over with." He still had the taste of blood in his mouth, but the water washed most of it out. The sound of the number being dialed hung in the air like a lead weight. It rang once, twice, then connected.

"Confirm?" the voice on the other side asked, clearly male, older.

The merc glanced at the skull mask hovering over him, "Yeah, yeah. Confirm. I got your damned job done. Probably lost a few teeth in the process, no thanks to you."

"You got Tactician?" the voice was surprised.

"Well, you were right. He cares a lot about his girl. I got her, poked her a bit, and then he showed up. Hope you didn't want the girl alive."

"She's of no importance. How do you have him?"

He grimaced, "I hate your questions. What the hell do you mean how do I have him? Bound, idiot."

"Keep your tone to yourself or I'll give it right back to your wife," Hale sneered, "Starve him for a day. No food or water. Then I'll meet you over at the abandoned Old Los Angeles Zoo. Tomorrow. 7pm. Don't keep me waiting." The man on the phone hung up before he could respond.

The merc looked up at Tactician, "There. Date, time, and location. Bastard's a pain in the ass."

Meanwhile, Sean was stuck with Ada on top of him. She had fallen asleep, understandably exhausted after what she had just been through. His head was spinning. His heart was still racing. He was in a damn lion's den and he knew it. There was no guarantee he wasn't gonna die today. Most signs through the timestream said he probably would get killed by Ada's father. He didn't want to die. Sean delicately touched Ada’s arm, and she softly groaned and adjusted herself in response. Was this girl he liked worth all this? He really wasn’t sure. He liked her a lot, but… what the hell…

Sean reached up and put his hand on top of her head. He wanted to live, so he didn’t really have a choice but to stick with Ada. He knew too much now. She wasn’t a bad person, he thought. And he did really like her, so she wasn’t awful to get stuck with. Oh well. This wasn’t in his hands.

Focus Virology Labs

As Viona tore her way like a bat out of hell down the road, causing mayhem wherever she may have been, she'd eventually find herself outside of the Virology lab. If one had ever seen 'Monsters Inc', it would be a fair comparison to say the lab was experiencing a 'Code 2319', shutters closed right and multiple plastic 'tunnels' set up, a plethora of individuals walking around in heavy viro-hazmat suits. "I'm telling you, he's still in there!" "Okay, but WHY is he still in there!?" "Says he's working on something." "Working on something!? We've got at least forty alarms going off, and he's still working!?" In front of one of the tunnels, a trio of individuals were arguing amongst themselves, each looking like they were prepared to dress to deal with the bubonic super virus in the next thirty minutes. "I don't fucking know! I'm not going in there again, that's what I do fucking know." "And why is that, pray tell?" "Oh I don't know, Chuck. Maybe it's because of the FORTY ALARMS going off!"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Hannya

The Samurai stared at Harpy as she admitted the means of her defeat, only slowly shaking her head. How was it Unagi was an 'S' class hero and she was still only a C? Figureheads, that's how. "If it's an Entomancer, we'll get no rest until we find them and tell them to stop stalking us. I'd much rather not have to deal with a random beetle following me at any given time." As Unagi started to blather about anime she'd find the stare of the Samurai on her again, the Hannya mask a disapproving scowl to her nerdy little moment. "...I see." The samurai had not had a chance to return to her homeland, given the perpetual banning of the Samurai ways...but she could only hope that little outburst was not indicative of the current state of affairs in her home country. "So how do we find the spider? Does the card say?"
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Tactician

After offering the opposing merc his glass of water and allowing him to handle the phone call, there was the soft click as he engaged the safety on his pistol again, stowing it into a holster. "Good. Make yourself comfortable, you're staying there until tomorrow. We have an appointment to keep, so try to sleep." Starting towards the door of the cell he opened it up, the door slamming shut and locking up behind him without so much of a 'thank you'. Was he going to keep the merc alive? No, absolutely not. But right now, he still had use. And when he ran out of use, he'd kill him given he knew too much. If the guy was lucky, he'd be useful enough to see his wife one more time. He didn't have a problem knowing where Sean was, there were cameras all the way through this little bunker. But given where he was...there was a good chance the boy was going to get murdered.

Making his way to his daughter's room he opened the door, pistol drawn. Taking a few steps inside he leveled the pistol with the young man, the suits mask system continuing to jump and lower his vocal octaves and scramble it as he spoke. "You have exactly two seconds to remove your hands from her head, and put them on your own...You know, this is a really bad look for you, boy."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Conventio perventum

The body double shifted again in their seat as Jewel called them out on being a fake image, though Morgan paid no attention to the statement. "I've been called 'standoffish' before,yes, I apologize for that. I am happy to hear you're willing to cooperate in this endeavor, Miss Jewel." Listening to Jupiter's concerns the body double nodded along as Morgan spoke. "Put your mind at ease, Miss Jupiter. I violated no laws or constitutions in acquiring this information. As to you, Miss Jewel, we will meet again should I find it necessary. I make no guarantees or promises in regards to this, unfortunately." As Chrysos spoke his mind she was patient to listen to him, before responding in turn. "There's absolutely nothing in it for you or the Alexandros family. For any of you, bluntly said. But is that not the duty of the Heroes of this era? To ask for nothing, even when they risk life, limb, and sometimes even soul. Or are you saying you're not motivated by the desire to protect the living and give justice to the massacred? If that's the case, perhaps you're in the incorrect profession. Your support is other Heroes, however as Misses Jewel and Jupiter specialize in something pertaining to this situation, they are the ones I reached out to. With that said, the code to access the lockbox that contains the USB for all of this information that holds every ounce of information you could like? I shall provide it to you." Following this statement was a brief string of numbers that seemed to hold no significant meaning, and indeed that was the case. Statistically speaking, the lockbox code was actually a combination of numbers that was considered the least utilized code for the set amount of numbers provided. "That USB should be compatible with any computer system you prefer to use. I've compressed the files for you."
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

sean.jpgSean
Sean tensed as the terrifying Casey came into the room. He slowly raised his hands up and put them on top of his head, "I... she..."

Ada stirred at the commotion, sitting up from Sean with a yawn, "Oh, daddy, you're done with the merc? M'sorry I didn't put Sean back in the room. I was so tired, blood loss I guess, and I didn't want to risk him running off. This way, I'd know if he tried to get up." She patted Sean's knee and stood, "Sorry Sean. You're on your own with this now." Ada passed by her dad, but not before grabbing his forearm with a light squeeze, just to give her dad a subtle reminder that she didn't want him dead.

"I... I'm...," Sean stuttered, staying put laying down so he didn't get a surprise shot to the face, "S-Sir I'm sorry. I..." Why was he apologizing?? Casey had kidnapped him from a kidnapper! Was he going to do to him what that man had done to Ada. He glanced at her back as she left the room and turned the corner. He swallowed, "I tried to escape but Ada found me and brought me to her room. I was worried for her wellbeing and didn't want to fight her on it. I am... absolutely terrified and just... scared... right now. Sir... Mister Casey... I don't want to die... so... what do I have to do to make that not happen?"

Tactician

The merc gave a nod towards Ada as she sat upright, weapon still level with Sean. "Go rest, I can handle this." Waiting for Ada to head out of the room he reached behind himself, door shutting before he took a few more steps towards Sean. "Well, you have a decent self-preservation instinct. That's a start. Just sir works, I don't want to hear my name from you right now." He tilted his head a bit, skull-style mask focused on Sean. "I don't like you, Sean. You're a liability to me. And the only reason we're having this conversation is Ada does want you alive. So how this is going to happen is going to be very simple. You're going to tell absolutely no one about who I am, or what my job is. If I find out you do, I have to kill you. And then I'd have to kill whoever you told. It's called tying up loose ends. It's not a personal matter, just how life works for me and Ada. So to let you continue to live, there's two things we're going to do. We're going to have you think of a good way you escape, you're going to tell me what you think is a good cover story. And if you want to keep seeing Ada, I'm going to have to whip you into shape. As stated, you're nothing but a liability right now. I don't deal with liabilities. Is that all clear, Sean?"

ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

sean.jpgSean
Sean averted his eyes, lips downturned as he fought the urge to cry, "Yes Sir... I... I wasn't planning on telling anyone. I'm not... I know better than that. You're crystal clear."

He looked back towards Tactician, to the barrel of the gun, "They don't need an explanation. I just tell them we escaped thanks to my abilities. I've done it more than once, since I tend to slip my guards. Ada looked patched up. She can probably just hide that she was even injured. He didn't touch her face, so she's not got any visible bruises to show for it. Hell, I could even bullshit and say that I just slipped them like I often do, and just took Ada with me."

His eyes looked past, staring at the door where Ada left through, "If I want to keep seeing her... yeah... yeah I guess I would have to... get... whipped into shape or something."

Sean got the confidence to sit up on the bed, staring at the gun, "I don't know what I want to do. I want to... I..." He sighed, "If I'm aware of you guys anyway, if I'm in this far anyway, then I have no reason not to keep seeing her. I liked her... and... this hasn't changed that. I still really like her. She's very smart and clever. My parents hadn't scared her off, I don't see why her life should scare me off either. I have very very few friends. I suck at fighting though... my guards have tried to teach me. How... god I'm afraid to ask... but how would you whip me into shape?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back