• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Caroline Dawson
Caroline made her way through the halls of the building, trailing the director and grumbling softly under her breath. Mentorship? Cultural teacher? What the hell was she supposed to do, take her to a rodeo and teach her how to speak English without an accent? By the time she reached the director's office, she closed the door as politely as she could behind her, leaning over the desk as her hands rested on it. "Howdy. Fella, maybe your mama didn't teach you this, but whatever calling card you left that kid is genuine creepy ghsot town shit." Caroline pursed her lips, reaching to her pocket to produce her license for the usual buercratic question of 'I'm sorry, who are you?'. The license was yellowed and aged, with a hand signature of the 21st U.S president, with the expiration date of 'no' circled. Things were so much easier back then it looked like. "So could ya kindly explain why you look like you just found a scorpion in your shoe and damn near stepped on it?" If one didn't know better, they might guess Caroline knew something. But based off her apparent age, attire, and thick western drawl...it was more likely just an analogy for her.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Lexi will pout slightly as she sits on the anvil "You could at least pretend to care Adam" Lexi said before returning to her usual massive smile "Well then Muse welcome to the abomination club!" She said spinning around on the anvil, she proceeded to stand up and hug her new fellow apprentice "Well as well as his own family and his actual job, you are also going to have to share the teach with me! Oh oh but that means we can also share notes with each other!" She seemed absolutely ecstatic with having another person around to make laugh. She stopped for a moment letting Muse talk and when she pulls out the charm, her eyes turn into spinning stars "ooooh fancy" Lexi looks down sheepishly and taps her fingers together "Hey um Ms Muse do you think your grandma could um you know make one for me? Unlike Mr. Detective and you here, my mind goes all funky and can go...." Using her hands and mouth mimes a mind explosion "Hehehe yeah I get screwed. Don't worry it's not permanent I'm just useless when directly facing it" She cleared her throat and clapped her hands "Alright boss so where are we off to?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

THe director visibly shook as he heard the words scorpion. loosening his collar he looked around for any bugs in the visible parts of the room. "I.....didnt have a choice... When the itsy bitsy spider calls.... you answer. Shes..... a unique figure in the underworld of LA...... An information dealer.... Anything that gets her interest she investigates.... MIss...Unagi has drawn her interest....I am only a desk worker... Even I fear for my life.... To deny the Spider, is to earn the ire of anyone allied with her.... and there are many who will do favors for information...." He said looking down. "Her file...wont be much help even if it is public to heroes... Its been scrubbed except for everything she wants people to know." he added. From his eyes he was telling the truth.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Detective Marshall

Adam glanced at Lexi, offering a brief smile. "Contrary to popular belief, I care immensly. But I also knew you'd be fine, so why freak out?" Attention drifted to Muse, offering her a small shrug at her astonishment. What, was he supposed to tell her no and to kiss his ass? At the comment of her actually knowing a thing or two he paused, staring at her as if she had just declared she was also the Queen of Sweden. The stare only grew heavier as the girl continued to speak...she was seriously saying some of the craziest crap he'd heard in...oh, he'd say the past thirty six hours? "...If I had to guess, your grandmother 'dated' one of the lesser deities of the 'pantheon', considering anything of actual importance has no interest in humanity outside of making our lives hell, or literally incapble of caring-" He fell silent as she produced the charm, eyes glued to it now as well. The charm wasn't perfect, then again there was literally no perfect charm for dealing with Eldritch deities, but it was as close to perfect as she could get. Would she be able to have a staring contest with his resident pain in the neck? No, probably not. But she'd at least be able to pay attention to him for a couple of minutes...who the fuck was this woman's grandmother?

"...I guess I have to investigate a little old lady now," he mumbled under his breath, sinking into his seat and leaning back in it, closing the cold case O.A files on his desk. "I think you'd certainly be more help than most. It's as close to 'perfect' as you can get a charm made. Wouldn't work forever, but by the time the charm wore off something would already have left or killed you..." Adam was perhaps a little uncomfortably blunt in this topic, but it wasn't one he could sugarcoat in the slightest. "Lexi, speaking of notes, I want your essay on my desk in the morning, and remember dress code." There was no essay assigned, nor was there a dress code. But he'd be damned if he didn't pick and prod in even measure as well. "Alright kids...off to meet Life itself. Got an appointment to keep, we'll take a squad car since Sylvia has the family car." Adam stood up, making a motion of 'come on' as he lit another cigarette, starting for the entrance/exit. "Lexi, just close your eyes when I say so if you need to, alright?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Fay Fluorite
AKA: Celesteon
On-site of fear-gas containment area

1635819070740.pngWell, this would be his first time dealing with a bomb.... Considering he didn't get to that part of his schooling, this was going to be entirely trial-and-error if he was entirely alone, but when he felt a hand grasp and shake him from his thoughts, Fay was reminded that he wasn't - in fact - alone. He had the head of a PMC here, and apparently wasn't going to say no to assistance from a Mage. It was troublesome when he thought about it: even if he was sworn to the area, it would've been a better match for a Combat mage to take the Hurricane issue rather than the bomb threat - they could've split up and dealt with the situations. Ms. Miller had her own PMC to work with, after all, and Fay would've been more suited to support during battle than hunting explosives, but he was here now, and the only immediate answer he could think of was casting a Domain around the area.... which would take him far too long and use far too much mana for the area that'd have to be under his control. By that point, it'd just be a hell of a bark with no bite behind it. He'd be out of mana and rendered incapable even if it was his realm for the moment.

The other option was to magically cordon off the area. A gigantic bubble that would span the affected areas, but then no one would be able to get out, and if he fell under the effect of the toxin, the shield wouldn't hold for long anyway. So far, his immediate options left him at zero-and-two, with Fearmind in a mile-long lead.

Of course, he wasn't about to see if Aiko would be able to resist the fear toxin's effects if the poor Filigree ate the bombs, either.

Unfortunately, the locations that Addison was giving him were spread out. Where to start first, though? The obvious choice if following basic tactics would be to go after Fearmind; Incapacitate him before he can hit the manual trigger for the bombs, but if that failed, he could've used a timed detonation-

Fay shook his head. He couldn't make assumptions until they at least saw the device. He was burning time.

"There's three bombs and a Villain, and only two of us," he muttered to himself, taking a moment to look in each direction. "If we aren't discreet and go after Fearmind immediately, he'll just pull the trigger and the mission will be a failure. If we don't isolate and deactivate the bombs, whether he has a trigger or it has a fallback timer, we end up on the losing side again. I'm... Not sure what to do, aside from shut down the water treatment facility to cut off the waterborne transmission vector for the fear toxin... And it might take too long for the Merlins to get here - not to mention they'd basically kick me out of the area by force if they were pressed."

Unconsciously, the little Mage began to chew at his thumbnail in frustration, a slight wrinkle deforming the bridge of his nose as he thought through the options. If he could just isolate all three of them at once, this wouldn't be a problem...

Slowly, his chewing came to a halt as he looked at the topaz ring on the index finger of his left hand... Isolate...

"Or if I can get approximate positions..." He said quietly, his eyes flicking to Addison. "Maybe burying them might end up being viable if we went deep enough... Or if that fails, we could launch them into orbit? I might be able to swing the latter if I can get enough altitude, unless you have a railgun the size of a city block..."

But he shook his head and sighed.

"Unless I could actually set a precise casting circle around all three and activate them at the same time, I'm not even burying a potted plant with that much distance between them, and the problem of there being two of us and four threats still makes it impossible to do in time."

Ooooorrrrr, maybe use that second brain that you brought along and stop trying to carry all of it on your own? This isn't Alaska two-point-oh, kid.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

Muse
Muse perked up, hugging the cute toon back, "Oh! No need to investigate her or plead with me for a charm. I'm sure my grandma would love to meet you both, especially if I'm meant to be working with you now! She'll hold a dinner. Your wife and kid would of course be invited, too! She loves hosting. She'd also love to thank you for being willing to take me on. She's not very fond of Kali... but she'd probably like you."

She squirmed uncomfortably, a little embarrassed, "She'd be so pleased to hear you say that. I don't know how she went about making it, but she takes a lot of pride in her crafts."

At the notion of meeting LIFE HERSELF, she just stood, watching him for a long moment before she hurried after out the building, "You should put the food I made into the fridge first! It'll go bad! Are... are we really going to meet life though...? Like... Life life? And can I really go with you already? Don't I have paperwork or something to do to make the apprenticeship official?"

Chutes
It didn't take long to drive to Chutes's library, where the thin wolf boy was laying on the floor face down, groaning quietly. People were so exhausting... but he had another meeting today. Adam wasn't that bad... but... ughhhhhhhh! He didn't wanna!

He didn't move until the door opened, at which point he flipped over and sat up. He stared at Lexi for a long moment, then glanced at Muse, and finally looked at Adam, "Um... I thought it was just gonna be you... Muse. You're Muse, right? I feel like I saw your name on a registry... Kali's trainee, yeah? Ok. You're not allowed to talk. I have you on mute. Sorry. Your ability is too unpleasant to deal with and I don't want to be accidentally swayed by you. I promise it's nothing against you. In fact, you seem like a really sweet girl. I just can't risk that with powers like mine."

His attention turned to Lexi, "And you. No toon shenanigans in my library. You make a mess, I'm gonna force you to clean it up. You harm a book, I'm gonna squeeze a copy out of you like a wrung-out towel. Got it? This is a no-anvil, no-tnt zone."

Finally, Chutes focused back on Adam with an annoyed look, folding his arms, "You sure bring interesting things around every time I see you. A toon, which, I haven't seen someone like her in a looooooong time... and Catherine Auden's progeny. You better treat her well, her grandmother is one scary lady. Of all things. Someone who can DEFY REALITY in line with TOON PHYSICS and a girl that has an ability that can manipulate me better than your stupid pimp friend/my chess partner! I swear you're trying to give me a headache."

He sighed dramatically, "Whatever. Little Muse is on mute until you're in the meeting room with Gaia and Toon is under strict watch until she's somewhere that won't ruin my organization. You guys ready to meet Life? She's here early. Been chatting so much with me. She doesn't shut up."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Caroline Dawson

Caroline simply stared at the mountain of a man who was currently sweating bullets, face blank. "Uhhh...huh." Figures there was an information broker running the show behind the scenes in one form or another, why was she even surprised? Grabbing her identification card off the table she stowed it away again, resting a hand in her pocket. "So lemme get this straight. You're just going to let some kid from Japan get stalked 24/7?" Caroline pursed her lips, rubbing her temples. "Great. Going to have to tell the kid to wear her clothes when she bathes and to look over her shoulder constantly. Great, thanks for the help." Caroline turned on her heel to head out of the office, and unless stopped, started to head back to unagi.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

"I'm sorry. Its not something I can do...." The man said as Caroline left. Before caroline could make it out she heard a loud explosion followed by "WHYYYYY. I LEFT JAPAN WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP SHOWING UP!?" As Unagi was desperately dodging webbing. The front of the building exploded open as 4 arachnids and one humanoid looking woman were at the entrance. "Do forgive us for the disturbance. We simply cant ignore the perfect chance to end your lineage, So do us all a favour and stop struggling." The woman said calmly as she fanned herself. harpy struggling as she was caught up in webs Unagi casting agi on her blade to burn any webs that came her way

RDT_20211028_1246115619986483858211091.jpg

Damnation

Caroline stopped at the doorway, giving a low sigh. "I smell horseshit already, and it's not even noon." Making her way out to the main room she stared at assortment of madness going on, neutral faced. "Kid, what the fuck is this...nevermind, I'll clean it up." Holding her hand out in front of her, a large western revolver materialized in carolines hand, finger on the trigger. "I'll give you exactly three seconds to get your sorry yella bellied-" Caroline fell silent, a small pager going off in her pocket as she pulled it out, eyes narrowing. On the screen was an alert that just said 'Teddy'. "Kid, I gotta run, you'll get this sorted out, right? Best of luck." A large set of blazing wings shot out of the womans back, to which she promptly took off through the ceiling and headed east as fast as she could go...straight to fucking new york state.

Asano Fumi.pngThe Mountain
While trying to console the strange Japanese-speaking child, the compound was in a frantic state. They were fully ignoring the doctor, rushing past, running here or there. He heard a far-off rumble, which sounded like it was getting closer... and closer... until all of a sudden, a giant jet of water bored its way through the mountain. It took the roof off of the room they were kept in, nearly taking off the top of his head. He instinctively held the child closer as she, and the other few captured children, screamed bloody murder out of fear.

Not knowing what was going on, as the members of the OA scattered like mice, choosing not to fight since they had already lost one base, he scooped the girl up into his arms and held her tight to his chest. The doctor ran for cover as the rain started to pour in from the sheared mountain top. He hid behind an overturned cabinet and pleaded the girl to hush. Asano was crying, unsure what the blade of water that cut the mountain could have been. It didn't cross her mind yet that it could be her goddess, given the chaos.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1636093500437.pngAda and Sean
Ada gave a loud groan and changed trajectory to the kitchen instead of the bedroom. Food was the last thing she wanted right now, but she was also too tired to argue and she knew he was right anyway. It'd feel better when she woke up if she got some carbs in her first.

The bound and gagged merc eventually woke up. Before then, a scan of his face noted a man he had met once before on an old job eight years back. In that instance, they were working together on a job, both hired alongside two other mercenaries. Big job. It was worth a pretty penny, and wasn't easy. The job itself was in Europe, France, taking out not only a high-ranking diplomat that was traveling through there from Russia, but also their entourage and a French diplomat that was meeting with them. Quite the hit. It ended with success, but not before one of the other mercs partnered for the job died.

How it led from there to what happened just now, wasn't immediately clear.

When he woke up, he brought his head up to look at Tactician as if he had already understood and had come to accept his fate. He was going to die, had failed the job he was paid for, and therefore wasn't going to bother holding back information. It wouldn't benefit him any.

Sean, meanwhile, woke in surprisingly short order after he was tucked into a spare holding room. His nose bruised and bleeding, throat hoarse, still gagged, he stirred, dizzy as all hell. He hurt. His face hurt, his throat hurt, his stomach hurt… he just… hurt.

Ada’s dad was a mercenary, huh? Sean tried to connect to his VI without success. He wasn’t very surprised by that, unfortunately. He shut his eyes for a moment. If he was going to kill him, then he likely would have by now. Ada probably asked him not to… Was he in over his head? This felt different than when he had been kidnapped before. He was alright, mostly anyway. Was Ada ok? She… he shuddered, thinking about it. She had gone through so much pain, and he couldn’t do anything without his powers.

His powers…

Sean used a bit of time stream manipulation as a test. He had his powers again. Maybe what that man did had worn off since he got knocked unconscious? Another bit of manipulation and he was unbound, gag and all at his feet around the chair. What now? He kind of… he wanted to make sure Ada was okay. As much as escaping should have been on his mind, and he knew that, he was so worried about her. She tried to console him, tell him it would be okay, when she was the one that went through so much pain!

He balled his fists and stared at the door. Destroying it would be a bad idea, not only would it make too much noise, but Mister Casey was terrifying. He didn’t want to break any of his things, even if he did get secondary kidnapped. He swallowed hard and used another quick spatial trick to appear on the other side of the door. He felt so exhausted. Adrenaline could only last for so long, even if the situation still was demanding more of it. His head on a swivel, he wandered until he came upon the kitchen.

Ada, who was eating a cup of noodles, almost choked when she saw him. “SEAN!?” she whisper-shouted, “How the… why are you… that… dad is gonna whoop your ass. You shouldn’t have escaped! Wait… ah… right… um… shit. Are… are you ok? I’m sorry… you ended up seeing all of that and… now… I mean we didn’t have a choice but to bring you here…”

ada.jpgSean started to cry, “Oh my god are you okay Ada?? I’m not just seeing a ghost, right?”

“That’s what you’re worried about?” Ada laughed dryly, “You’re nuts… Yeah… I’m okay. Been better but I’ll be fine. You should worry about yourself right now!”

“I thought you were gonna die right in front of me. I couldn’t do anything. My powers wouldn’t work. I’m so sorry.”

Ada shook her head, “Shush. Mine wouldn’t work either. We can talk about that later, my dad sure as hell will. He’s gonna be really annoyed you got out…. Are you… planning on trying to leave?”

Sean stared for a long moment, unsure how to answer, “I… honestly? I should. I should want to run. One of my first thoughts was worry for you, though. I had to know if you were okay… and now that I know you are… I don’t know. I’m scared to hell of your dad, a lot more than I already was. I don’t think I want to dare try to run from him. It’d be pointless. But… what happens now? What are you going to do to me?”

She scrunched her nose at the question, “That’s a good question. I told him what I want, but it’s ultimately up to him. I really like you, Sean. He feels you’re a liability though, which you definitely are right now. You’re taking this surprisingly well.”

“I think I’m in shock,” he mumbled, “not just taking it well. It feels unreal and I feel exhausted. I’m just relieved, even if I’m in another mess. At least this one has a face attached to it, I guess.”

“I’m so tired too.”

“Well I’d think so, yeah! What you went through… that…”

“If it hurts you to think about it then stop worrying so much. I’m alive, with maybe some new scars to show for it. That’s what matters. It’s a risk that comes with my life,” Ada downed the remains of her noodles and tossed the trash aside, “I’m not gonna bind you again. I do have to keep you in my sight though. C’mere.” She led him off to her room and practically shoved him on the bed. No pretense of affection or amorous urges. She was exhausted and couldn’t just let him wander around. The solution to that, or at least one that wasn’t tie him up again?

Lay on him and pass the fuck out. If he moved, she’d know, since it would wake her up. She was out within five minutes, leaving Sean absolutely petrified to so much as blink.

Last edited:
Sato
A raging storm
As much as she wanted to simply rush ahead at top speed through the path Thyris had carved into the mountain, that would leave her companion behind...and she took too much comfort in her being at her side right now to do that. The borehole created by the water jet Thyris had used had...unexpected results, sheering off a portion of the mountain top. She could feel the howl of wind and rain up ahead, giving her the sight she needed here. "Thyris. There are children up ahead. Please...protect them. All of them. I'll play offense." Dark wings flared out from behind her and flapped once, sending her barreling forward down the tunnel. Faster...faster still. Like a lightning strike she simply 'snapped' into the air above the open room, thunder from the storm booming in aggravation, lightning streeks cracking through the air like raging serpents. The goddess opened her voice, the howling wind taking shape as her own voice. "Shisha o jama suru hito no tame ni, karera no kawari o shite kudasai! Megami no ikari o kanjite kudasai!"
(Translation: "For those of you who would disturb the dead, take their place! Feel the wrath of a goddess!")

Rain buffeted into the mountain in an unending torrent, a steady blanket of water. She couldn't 'see' like she used to, but in some ways her new sight was superior. Lightning cascaded into the mountain in supernatural fashion, strike after strike scorching the rock and frying the air as it worked to form a sort of 'cage' in the perimeter of the room, while other strikes rained down from the heavens to strike at those who she deemed responsible. They all had some sort of badge or crest, all shared a similar uniform...each radiated power of inhuman proportions. Faster, as if it was only a wind up at first, the storm was judicial in the judgement it dealt out, intent to strike anything until it was dead. Interestingly enough, the children were spared from the fate that would be invoked on everyone, the doctor clutching Asano spared as well. He looked...weak. He didn't share a uniform, he was disheveled and treated poorly. Sato scanned the room before catching sight of who appeared to be the strongest party present, her sword pulled from its sheath in a smooth motion. "YOU!" The goddess flapped her wings once, soaring downwards like a bird of prey with sword drawn. Before she even arrived she slashed at the air, creating a scythe of wind towards her target. I'll flay you alive...every last one of you. I'll never fail again. I won't fail here!
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Tactician

Studying the captive merc in silence for a few moments, searching his memory for this face. Did he know him? Something about a job ages ago...he might have worked with him at one point, maybe? It didn't matter, the information was too old and had been expunged, any information he had was gone. He was vaguely familiar, that was all he had. Approaching him he grabbed the gag in his mouth, pulling it out and tossing it to the side. The mask's vocoder fluxed his tone up and down, distorting it whenever he spoke as was routine. "Who hired you?" He wasn't sure if he was going to put up a fight, be honest, spill everything...he wasn't certain. As much as he'd like to just kill him now, he needed to know where this chain led, and just who exactly he was going to be shooting.
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Unagi stared in confusion as she watched caroline bolt. "....you still have my gun" Unagi said weakly watching her fly off. The spider just calmly walking over to her, patting her back. "Wow....You know I noticed it back in japan, but you have.... really awful luck....anyway" The spider trailed off before gut punching Unagi causing her to fold over. "Honestly I have nothing agaisnt you. I mostly have grudges agaisnt that damned sword you hold. If you just hand it over wed leave. Though i already know the answer to that." the spider said as harpy was fully trapped in webbing now. The spider puppet picked up the sword drawing it. "Now, to end the unagi lineage. Once and for all!" She said swinging the sword at Unagi.

Hannya

It figured that the figurehead couldn't do anything...left by her own chaperone. Pitiful, truly. Downrange from the building the Samurai had drawn the Yumi from her back, a large bow notched with an arrow a full meter in length. She'd been trailing the spiders for a bit now...was it cruel for her to use 42 as bait? Not in her mind. No, that's all the girl was good for anyways. "Now...fly true." Loosing the massive arrow down range towards the situation at hand, the samurai's marksmanship would aim true, prepared to skewer the offending hand holding the sword before it'd finally reach it's target. Rushing forward, she slung the bow over her back, drawing her Naginata the samurai picked up speed, channeling her breathing. Tap into your rage...and let it burn... Rushing through the doorway as she drew her blade, the sword lit alight in a brilliant crimson blaze, cutting through webbing and setting it alight. "Onigata: Chunari Hannya!" Flourishing her blade to extinguish the fire she leveled it towards the horde of spiders, standing between them and the waste of space simply known as '42'. "You'll only get my warning once...go back the way you came."
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

The spider stopped as she looked at the arrow through her fake hand "Huh.... To think a stain of that old bloodcrazed god still lives. I thought most of you were killed a few hundred years ago during the end of samurai. Nonetheless. We have no quarrel with you. We simply seek to kill this failure and go back home. " The spider doll said as harpy was freaking out trying to get unstuck before the flames covered her "....huh..... okay... doesnt burn" harpy said interestingly. "A samurai of all people should know to not interrupt a duel." The doll said smiling as it pulled out the arrow. Unagi was groaning as she tried to stand up. "wh-why are you here..." she asked looking at the hannya. She hated Unagi, why was she here saving her again....ah. shes not here for her, simply for the Spiders, she was just bait huh. Unagi was use to it. She was used as bait a few times back in japan. "If unagi is there surely the enemy will come out to kill her and try to take the blade.", "Unagi, we need you to approach with your blade drawn and shout your name and intention. that will distract them enough for us to get in and handle the real threat." and other things, Maybe just her name was the only reason she was ever kept around by the skilled heroes in japan....

jupiter.pngJupiter and Jewel
Jupiter got a call for a meeting. She was interested enough to show up just for the curiosity aspect of it. She showed up long before Jewel, walking into the office with her hands in her pockets. Some business guy led her in. A port, an Irish coffee, some other wine...? She wasn't sure what that was... Some envelopes, and some lockboxes. All of this was shady as hell, but honestly, she was only more interested. If this was some villain thing then she could nip it immediately.

"Well hello spooky silhouette," she smirked, looking up at the screen, "I take it we're waiting for another hero to show up?"

There wasn't much of a chance to respond, though, as Jewel's loud voice rang through from the outside.

Jewel clapped Chrysos on the shoulder. She had just dragged him along to yet another location after he made a little bit of progress with the mana effort. "Look, kid, it might not feel like it, but you're doing great!" she encouraged, parking her car in front of the office building, "Honestly. Some people end up becoming monks in pursuit of magic! You're better off than them, better off than nothing."

Jupiter's face dropped, "Ah so... there's gonna be a villain here too... great..."

Jewel waved off the men in business suits, "I can walk myself in, thanks. No, Chrysos, leave the heavy ordinance in the car. Just take your knives and... mm... maybe a small pistol. Nothing big." She patted one of the businessmen on the shoulder as she walked past him, "Well we don't know what this is all about yet, but that's sometimes the most fun, kid. I do have some ideas, though. We'll see how things go from here."

As they walked in, Jewel met eyes with Jupiter. Jewel gave her a little half-wave, "Oh this is gonna be good. You're one of the raised heroes. Fun shit."

"I am... and that also means I am still having a hell of a hard time seeing you as anything but a villain..."

Jewel shrugged, "Yeah that's fair. Not my problem, though. Ay! Shadow face. What's the deal here? Can't even bother to show yourself?" Jupiter scrunched her nose in distaste, looking between her and the literal mafia kid. It really bothered her that they could play as heroes. She didn't say anything, though. It was time for business... whatever business was right now. Jewel continued, "You know, I've been in underworld circles for a long time. Usually, people who have something to hide are less pleasant to deal with. Got something good?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Chrysos brought the weapons jewel told him to. along with a few thermit. flare, flash and a frequency grenade. all stuff for escape. As to where the hell he was, he had no idea. He looked around at the people there. That mercenary, hes the real deal. Even looking at him chrysos couldn't find a drop in his guard. As for the hero. He didnt really know about it, he was stuck in serbia during the OA incident so by the time he got back all the info was muddled. Taking a seat he looked at the drink. "Valetian wine..... mixed nectar....Okay the fact my family's favorite drink is here is making me alot more worried now....Is this the illuminati, or something less cool but equally as secretive?" He asked as he tip a sip of the drink.... exact same vintage as well. Chrysos was now respectfully, creeped the fuck out. He had no absolute idea what the hell was going on, but if he had to guess. He was just jewels plus 1, after all if they need the alexandros family they just wouldve gone to his down. "....IM just gonna stay quiet...." he said looking down. Seemed his ego still hadnt fully recovered from spears beatdown. All he could now was focus on being ready if shit went down.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

who3.jpgHead full of Milk
Everyone froze when Adon disappeared and Nat made that shocking comment. Darren was the first to speak up after Nat bemoaned needing drinks, "That... what? Are you okay?? Do we need to do something? Ah... um... we should probably go home, right? Or, to the hotel I mean."

"Don't we have a spare house around here?" Tracy said, staring at Nat like she had two heads.

"Do we? I mean... yeah... I think we do. Would that be okay to use?"

"If we pick one of the smaller ones I don't think it'd be a problem. It'd be more comfortable than a hotel, right?"

Darren looked so worried, "I don't know. I mean, I guess so? Natalie, how is your head? Does it hurt? Are you gonna be ok?"

Adon closed her eyes and just leaned into Agas, "I feel so weak and fragile... I don't like it. I don't want to get mixed up with other gods like this... I don't want to get hurt. I just want to stay here until that goddess's rage passes... is that okay? I'm sorry." She opened her eyes again and looked up at Agas's skeletal face. Both hands reached up to touch where her cheeks would be, and in a soft bloom of light, Agas's appearance changed.

Suddenly, she looked like a seraphim or archangel might, with three sets of wings and an androgynous figure. There were still very apparent notes of her normal form, however. Her feather tips looked to be stained with blood, each point giving off a damp red sheen. Her hair was a shock of green like her flames, and her eyes were the same glowing color. While there was no apparent fire to her, her aura itself could be said to still be fiery and intimidating. Adon thought she looked even more impressive this way. She offered Agas a small smile, "I feel so much loneliness inside my heart and a longing for my children."

Hannya

"Do not insult me with your feigned wisdom, spider. You did not challenge her to a proper duel...this was no more a duel than a man kicking a cat he has not fed. It is the duty of the Samurai to exemplify virtues...one you obviously lack." She adjusted her grip on her sword, glancing over her shoulder at 42 and nodding towards the sword that had gone clattering out of the spiders hand due to the intervention of the arrow. "Pick up your blade, 42. You are the pride Nihon, I cannot allow you to die here. That is why I am here. I cannot pay my oath to Nihon where I would like, and allowing your death in a land I travel would be dishonor upon my bloodline." Attention shifted back towards the spider demons, the Samurai flexing her fingers around the hilt for a moment. "You have been given your warning. Am I to take it you're ignoring it?"
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Conventus incipit

As Jupiter addressed the silhouette on the screen, the womanly figure gave a small nod, though it had no chance to speak. Morgans accent was perfectly suited for the region, no indication she was anything other than American. "Ex-villain turned hero is the term I believe." Morgan waited passively for the women to toss their barbs back and forth, speaking only once all parties had seated themselves and made themselves comfortable. "I'm glad you three could make it...leave us." The gentleman in the suit glanced towards the screen before bowing low a the hips, stepping out of the room and locking it behind himself for good measure. The lock for the door was on the inside, he had simply locked himself out...leaving the women the illusion of choice to leave should they want, however unlikely that would be. If Morgan needed to, she could ensure no one would leave this room until she said her piece, though she doubted she'd need such extremes as heavy-duty locks.

"My apologies, Miss Jewel. I prefer my anonymity, though I promise I am putting forth as much effort I can to be pleasant for all parties present. I wouldn't call what I have 'good'...beneficial is a more apt term." Morgan made no effort to entertain Chrysos's questions, focusing instead on the two people with experience. "The O.A is alive and well, and that is troubling for all parties present. I will make it clear now. I seek nothing more than their total destruction." Her final words dripped with emphasis, and just a touch of distaste about the group...no friend of theirs was she, it would seem. "In your folders, you'll find a taste of what I'm offering in that lock box. Three pieces to a puzzle of a much larger picture. In the folders are fully mapped pictures of the tunnel systems the O.A is using. What you can readily access in your folders is but a tip of an iceberg. The world is ruled by information. It's how wars are won, how terrorist cells get a foothold...and it will also be how you kill the O.A. I will willingly give you the code to enter the lockbox between the three of you, which has every ounce of documentation regarding the O.A, boiled down to a single thumb drive. All I ask...is you cooperate with what I have to say. Is this fair?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Natalie Brenton

"...My head is very quiet. She's not screaming, she's not raging, I'm not in a choke hold. I have no headache...I feel...fine. It feels wrong to feel fine though...Like damn, I've had her at my throat since I met her..." Natalie looked somewhat bothered by the situation, like she'd been stripped out of her own skin. Agas had always been vying for control...to feel her not doing that was like missing a form of familiarity. "Tracy, you really wanna use a house your family owns? When at any given moment me and Agas are prepared to separate your father and uncles head from their shoulders? I mean, we can, I kinda like my five star hotel though. Darren, love, I'll be ok. It's just...really quiet..."

----

The mental form of Natalie was standing to the sidelines in her own space of her head and mental space, looking so much more relaxed now that Agas wasn't trying to knock her unconscious for control. All about the woman, the portion of her mind that she still called her own flashed with brilliant colors, vibrant and demanding to impress...that was certainly Natalie's brain. No hint of shame or desire to hide, much happier to be true to herself and show her thoughts on anything at a given time. Agas, however, offered no thoughts as Adon offered her bemoaning comments, content to just hold the shard of a deity. "Did I displease you, looking how I was made?" It was the only thought she had on the moment, but there was no sadness to it. If it was demanded she take the form of a frog for a day, a frog she would be without hesitation. "Things will be fixed. Put your faith in me."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The strong seek out the strong. To temper their steel in the blaze of each other's strength.

Thyris nodded to Sato watching her fly off before running to the victims. Looking at them she quickly casted a dome of water around them before starting an area heal. Looking at them she gave a small smile concealing her teeth. "Do not worry children. I am a friend of your goddess. I am here to help." She told them with a gentle mothers voice. any fatigue they felt slowly dispersing away. "We will stay in this dome until it is safe. As long as I am here none of you will be hu-" Before she could finish her sentence her eyes flashed golden as she spun around coating her hand in water and energy quickly taking the form of a shield. A pole piercing through her dome with ease Thyris blocking it. But she was unable to block its strength and had to parry it aside, the pole flying past her smashing into the wall of the facility. Despite the maelstrom of rain and wind. Everything felt silent, everything except that...things footsteps. With Each step its figure grew bigger and bigger as the golden lines upon its body shining through the darkness. "I could not ignore that....stench of divine. And where does it lead me to? A divine beast." The voice said as it exited the shadows. "Greetings, My name is Scile, the demon of justice, and a warrior. I challenge you to a duel." She said smiling as she took fighting stance.

Thyris grimaced as her arm still strung from parrying that staff. Of course a demon had to show up. But this demon..... there was hardly any demonic energy in it. More like it was constantly overflowing with a strange energy she had only seen from monks.... She was dangerous. Thyris was a specialist. THe rain pouring in helped. But the ocean was her domain. Flat land like this, she was clearly at the disadvantage. Standing up, she looked at the prisoners. "Stay in the dome.... Do not leave. No matter what" She said as she raised her hand water coiling into it and taking the form of a saber. With sword and shield in hand she exited the dome. "I accept your duel. However, I request that the one in the dome be left alone. They are innocents trapped here" She said looking at scile who tilted her head. "Huh? If you need to get em out. Why not just use teleport magic. Here let me call my Step dad hes great at Teleportation... I think, his spell is called Dislocation so im not sure. But he could probably get em out." She said checking her pockets before pulling out a nokia. Thyris just staring dumbfounded as she dropped her guard. Step dad.... a nokia.... What....the fuck.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

"I'm sorry, Mister Chutes. I had a management error on my part...I forgot I was going to be mentoring Lexi here, and Muse wanted the same help. I'm terribly sorry about that, sir." Adam took a long drag off the cigarette he'd lit at the steps to the doorway, turning it to ash and blowing the smoke away from the library. As Chutes had his little grumbling session Adam gave a polite nod of his head, looking all the part of the polite if gruff detective. "Thank you for your help, really. I wouldn't bother you if I could ask anyone else. Unfortunately, you're the only one who really had the means for me to have this conversation." Adam walked into the library, hands in his coat as he kept his eyes on Chutes. "I trust neither of the girls will give you too much trouble. I would ask they stay with you though while I have the conversation with Gaia, I don't want something happening to them or the likes. From how you worded it, just chatting with a concept can be pretty dangerous to a mortal, yes?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Unagi quickly grabbed her blade rolling and jumping up next to Hannya. "...Thank you" she said turning to the spider doll. "Honestly, you are such a buzz ki-" before she could finish 2 loud shots were heard. Turning around she stared at both heads of her Arachnes had been fully gouged out, high velocity impact rounds in the ground and walls behind them. "Eh" she said confused before looking out the shattered window. Unagis eyes flashed purple as she dashed in front of her, drawing her blade "Tetrakarn!" She shouted mana weaving around her blade before fanning out into a shield. The bullet collided sending her flying backwards slamming into a pillar coughing up blood. A gling appeared across the street. Before it vanished. Whoever was there had fleed the scene. The spider doll was left in shock as she looked at Unagi. "..........Damn you onmyoji Convention....." she said biting her lip as she looked down.

"hmm To think shed even go out of her way to save the life of a Yokai. Peculiar peculiar. You did you job. The payment is in your account already, have a nice day" Cyri said sipping a cup of tea as she watched the security camera feed of the Hero building. "An Onmyoji pact... huh. how interesting. Ive never heard of that.... oh! I need to make sure my Yukata still fits! They might visit soon!" Cyri chimed running off to her closet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back