• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Vex was gasping for air, not even thinking of how he had an excuse not to tell his secrets. He knelt, then bent forward, then lay on his side. His peripheral vision was constricting into a sort of tunnel vision.
It was becoming difficult for Vex to pay attention to what the others were saying, but he tried to. So Sabjorn's secret was a wife and kid? Suspicious.
The rest of the secrets became a loud blur to him.

Harper scowls at the room's words, then growls angrily as Vex starts drowning in thin air. He really, really hates sadistic shit like this.
"Fine, then." He intakes a preparatory breath. "I've killed in cold blood. They deserved it, if you ask me, but they weren't wanted or nothing like that."

Vex's gasps were no longer in vain, and he drank in the air that was now full to him.
"Oh.... I can breathe! I'm fine!" He rejoiced.

The cheery sound of a bell ringing echoes through the room, and the riddle and numbers below it disappeared. A table slid out of the wall, and upon it sat five cardboard boxes, each with a name in front of them. Vex, Sabjorn, Ginny, Harper, Nerissa. The smell of food wafted through the air, emanating from several of the boxes. Above the boxes appeared more words.
To my word I will hold true
And so these gifts I give to you

Ginny slumps against the wall, grinning weakly at Vex. “Oh, thank Eve.” She mutters. She’s not sure which secret did it, but it doesn’t matter now. Vex isn’t dying. She blinks in surprise, and darts forward to grab her box, going back to her safety corner to open it up.

She sighs with relief when she sees the contents, opening up the small glass bottle, covering it with her hand to hide the contents, and chugging it down quickly. Her eyes and tattoos flare up as she does, and she seems quite relaxed and happy.

Last edited:
Vex's mouth watered at the smell of food, forgetting his curse momentarily as he stood up and rushed to the table. He wanted something to eat so badly.
He flung open the box with his name on it and peered in, smiling broadly. It was of use to him, that's for sure, even though it wasn't food.
Closing the box, he picked it up, and sat cross-legged in one of the corners of the room. He contemplated what it might mean. What if it was a warning? What if he'd need it without preemption?

Sabjorn lets out a small breath, seems to have worked. He almost couldn't believe he figured out the solution to the puzzle so quickly, it normally took him a couple tries and a few minutes. Oh well.
Sabjorn walked over to the boxes, and took his, going back to his place leaning against the wall and sitting down. Then he opened the box, finding a meal of braised rabbit with vegetables, and a large bottle of Black-Briar Mead. Oh, fuck yes.
He smiled to himself and started to dig into his meal.

Harper opens his box; it holds a cup of the same stew he'd been eating before he came here, and a flask of clean water.

He takes his meal off to a corner, sighing and sitting down heavily. He shovels the food into his mouth mechanically; he's not particularly hungry now, but he will be later.

Last edited:
Nerissa breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed their secrets had been successful in saving Vex's life. And not only that, but they seemed to have received some sort of reward for doing so. She waited until the others had taken their boxes before approaching. Her fingers traced the letters on the sign in front of the last box, recognizing her name at least, though the words on the wall remained a mystery. Curious as to what it could contain, she flipped open the box and then gasped softly at the contents. While the raw, already descaled fish was exciting by itself, it was the bottle of water that made her heart flutter. She scooped the box into her arms and dropped onto the floor, hardly noticing when the table slid back into the wall and the words disappeared.

She ate the food first, scarfing it down quickly, eyes never leaving the bottle. Once her stomach was settled, she uncapped the bottle and drank about a quarter of it. While thirsty, there were other things she needed this water for. Being very careful not to spill any, she rolled her sleeves to her elbows and her sweatpants to her knees. Water was carefully dabbed on every inch of skin, and she sighed in relief at the dampness. It wasn't perfect, but it would hold her over for a little while. She could only be out of water for so long, even in this form, before she began to wilt. Eyeing the water critically as she capped it, she figured she had enough to repeat this twice more before running out. All she could hope was that the room would give her more at some point.

With a sigh, she set the water and box aside, pulling her knees up to her chest. Her eyes, which glowed a little brighter now, fell on Harper, and she hesitantly said, "It is almost a relief, knowing I am not the only one in this room who has taken a life."

Ginny glances over at Nerissa, smiling weakly as she licks whatever she was drinking from her lips. “I know, right? I thought I’d be killed if anyone found out, but everyone’s pretty chill so far.”

Sabjorn glanced at the others, glancing a bit uncomfortably at Ginny. She drank human blood to survive apparently, did that mean she was a vampire? Fuck. "So, uh, you a vampire? Don't go 'round bitin' nobody. You lot ain't the only ones who have killed. I've killed my fair share of people and creatures alike. Mostly those damn Covenant bastards."
He then opened the bottle of mead and took a drink.

Ginny looks over at Sabjorn. “Oh, no. Vampires are a completely different species. I’m a djinn.” She says, seeming off put by talking about it at all.

Vex listened keenly. He wondered if he could conclude that Sabjorn was Evil, as in the same sort of self-aware malice that Vex, his family, his teachers, and many of his classmates lived by. That is the only reason he could see for him to present a wife and kids as a secret and be so open about having killed "people and creatures alike."
He wondered who the "Covenant bastards" were if Sabjorn was Evil; A rival, or a force for good?
So Ginny was a djinn. He smiled, but didn't laugh, at how her name seemed to match her species phonetically. He figured she'd be a ghoul, but knew that even where he was from the humanoids had what he thought to be peculiar identity politics.
While everybody else was distracted, he removed his reward of a dagger and placed it in the same pocket as his original knife. It didn't quite fit, leaving a bump at the bottom right side of his black tee shirt, but he figured it wouldn't be too noticeable.

Last edited:
Sabjorn was quiet for a moment, watching Ginny as he ate. He had no clue what a Djinn was, was that some kind of Daedra? The thought made him uncomfortable, but he didn't press it. He didn't need to get on anybody's bad side. At least he still had his greatsword, and his Dragonknight abilities in case shit went down. One Noxious Breath would likely poison everyone in the room, since it was such a small space lacking ventilation. Good thing he was immune to most poisons and and completely immune to his own stuff. And it didn't seem like anyone cared that he never really visited his wife and kid. Usually he got chastised for not being a good father or husband.
Pushing the thoughts aside, he piped up again. "So, uh, you all know one of my secrets now. And since we're gonna be stuck in here for the unforeseeable future, what about everyone else? Let's share about our own worlds. Only seems fair."
Honestly, he just wanted to know what he was up against.

Thinking on the dialogue going on around him, Harper reaches the conclusion that if it came to a fight, he might be a significantly greater risk than he thought at first. At least three of the other people in this room were killers. From what he'd seen of Ginny, and the fact that she was some kind of vampire-like entity, she'd likely be rather troublesome to put down.

Harper finished his cup of stew, then took a swig of water from the flask. Swallowing, he says, "I mentioned it earlier, but I'm from the United States, on Earth. Been out on the western frontier most of my life, though I've traveled plenty of other places. What else do ya want to know, exactly?"

Ginny glances at Harper. “Okay… I’m also from the United States on earth. Guess they’re just similar worlds.” She mutters. “Most people don’t know about the angels, or demons, or undead, or any of the rest of us. We like it that way. Those that do know about us generally go genocidal.”

Nerissa wrapped her arms around her legs, propping her chin on her knees as she listened to the others talk about themselves. It was fascinating, hearing about the other worlds, other types of beings, though she didn't understand much of it. She sat up slightly as Ginny finished, saying, "I live in the kingdom of Venyerah, in a place called Tunder. I believe humans call it Earth, but that is our name for it. Humans know of our kind, and sadly we are hunted." She frowned, thinking of the ships she had sank, the crimes they had committed against her kind. So many cruelly killed and dismembered merfolk.

Sabjorn took in all their responses, glancing between them when they spoke up.
"Guess I should share, too, huh? The world I come from is called Nirn, in the plain of existence known as Mundus. I come from Tamriel, which is the continent on Nirn. There's a ton of provinces and countries and kingdoms in Tamriel, I won't really get into that unless I have to. Complicated Politics. I was born in The Rift, the eastern most part of Skyrim, which is the northernmost province of Tamriel. But I didn't really grow up there. My mentor took me all across Tamriel. As for what it's like, the cultures are diverse, and many races live in Tamriel. The Nords, Dunmer, Argonians, Khajiit, Bretons, Redguards, Bosmer, Altmer, and the Orcs, plus all the non-sentient creatures. Right now we're in the midst of the Three Banner War, and Nirn is being invaded by Molag Bal. Daedra are popping up all over the fuck'n place and it's making everything difficult, not to mention he's trying to merge Nirn with his realm of Oblivion, Coldharbour. Oh, and dragons have resurfaced and have been attacking Elsweyr. Lots of shit going on. Fuck, we haven't even recovered from the Akaviri invasion ten years ago."

Last edited:
"I'm also from the US, originally from the state of New York, but I go to school in Ohio. The year's 2030, by the way, and there's all kinds of people where I'm from. People of types nobody knew existed until around the fifties or so I've heard, 'Cause that's when they came out of hiding. All kinds, and nobody can agree on what to call any species."
Vex wondered if he should insult present company. He tried to seem at least neutral, but he wondered if somehow they'd know of his disdain for magic and his moral anomaly even if he didn't. He presumed that at least suspicion would be inevitable, but figured they would still doubt themselves if they only had guesses.

Alice wasn't sure what was exactly going on, but it seemed they avoided having the one named Vex from dying. The box of food seemed good at least to the others it did. To Alice it looked no different than eating the box itself. The group began talking about their past and where they came from. She figured Haru would tell her to make friends right now. "I'm also from the United States, at least that's what Mother told me. I was pretty much raised in Jigoku an underground fighting ring in Japan where people with abilities called Taboos battle. If you win you live if you lost you'd die." She clenched her fist holding it up.

Alice stopped as she thought about it, she might be over sharing. So she lowered her head slightly. "Sorry I don't usually do the talking, so I tend to say strange things."

Harper focuses on Ginny as she speaks. "In my experience, things like angels and demons are bad news. Like, one or two taking out a whole town or city bad. Undead are a bit more of a toss-up, though. The governor of Kentucky's a lich, even." He turns to Nerissa. "Well, sounds like you've got a pretty bad lot, kid. Sorry for assumin' you were a Deep One before, but that's the only sea-dwellin' creatures with human intelligence back home. They're also pretty bad news, sorry to say."
awriternamedian awriternamedian Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Harper's eyebrows shoot up while he listens to the Nord. That's quite a lot of information to take in. So many different races, all mentioned like they had equal relevance, an otherworldly invasion right in the middle of a three-way war? "Sound's like your home's quite a chaotic place, Sabjorn. The Civil War was the last time the US did any fightin', and that that was more than forty years ago."
DovahBeat DovahBeat

He chuckles as Vex states his world's current year. "That'll explain the leap to time-traveling. Twenty-thirty, huh? Back home, it's eighteen-ninety-eight."
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

As the giant girl remarks on being a fighter, Harper rolls his shoulders. He seemed to be in fairly sympathetic company, at least. "I'm a career bounty-hunter. Basically, I track down wanted criminals, and either apprehend them to turn over to the law, or... show 'em a bit of frontier justice." He chuckles darkly at that remark. "It's pretty demanding work, as I'm sure you can guess, what with the tracking bad-guys across hundreds of miles. Pays damn well, though. It's my hope to settle down sometime pretty soon here, stop with the fightin' and runnin' around and take a long break."

Last edited:
"I'd hardly like to believe either of those time periods are correct," a petite female cut into the conversation. Despite all the talks of monsters, races and fighting - - the fighting especially - - Apryl was first and foremost concerned with the time period they were truly in. Her eyes danced from individual to individual, human and not human alike. She had been listening in and out of the conversation, the rest of her attention recollecting some personal memories of her own. As far as she was concerned, the year was 1767, these so called ‘Rebels’ have been fighting against the very land that provided them food and shelter. Quite amateurishly, might she add.

"If one of you will indulge me, what year did you say we were all in?"

Her eyelids closed lightly over green-blue orbs, forcing herself out of the thought for the time being. It was difficult to center herself in the here and now, as ridiculous as it sounded to herself, but there wouldn’t be any use fussing over fighting where there wasn’t any happening.

The much larger female cut herself short of the conversation, withdrawing into herself. “No, no please. Continue. The all of you for that matter.” Apryl drew her knees to her chest, the ‘click’ of her boots making contact with the ground itself. Her shoulders embraced a rushing chill as the given wall she was propped against was no longer serving her use. Hearing them talk helped her take her mind off of the war. The screaming, agony and people rushing in her direction for medical assistance. Given that she was one of the few who understood how to heal using magic (which meant not using needles or sutures), she was never without endangered company.

She rose, internally frowning at all the lands being discussed. The United States? Tameriel? Japan’s she’s heard of, sure. A rather quiet, peculiar country. They shut themselves out from the rest of the world, vowing to depend solely on themselves.

There were talks of the undead, djinn, vampirism, lycanthropy and the like. Fish people were just beginning to be discovered - at least in the Queen’s Country. Whether the ‘Rebels’ were aware or even remotely interested in the discovery was grossly below her concern.

Vex wondered about Alice's fighting ring and whether Japan had an Evil community even in his world, and nodded as Harper told of how angels and demons alike were bad news. That was one thing upon which he agreed.
He raised an eyebrow, though, at Harper's statement about tracking down bad guys. He had met his fair share of evil folks who had no idea that they were the actual bad guys, but figured that regardless of Harper's moral ideals he supported at least some magical people.
Magic of any kind was something Vex considered to be an unfair advantage. Why should a creature live without a heartbeat, or fly without the work or time behind wings, or have the power to change another as horribly as I had been changed when I became cursed? Why should some great, mysterious being take credit for chance, fitness, and ingenuity? Why should anyone have to worry about gods, devils, and curses? That was what he often thought to himself, the rhetorical questions he could preach if he wanted to.
Then, a young woman attempted to interrupt, saying she didn't believe the time period either he or Harper gave was incorrect.

"You missed the memo, didn't you? We're probably all from different timelines, or at least that's what Harper said, and I believe it. Who knows what timeline we're in right now, though." Vex sounded frustrated, but his face had a look of snobbery to it.

“Yes, I suppose I did miss the memo,” Apryl spoke with a slight snark at the tip of her tongue. She rolled her shoulders, stretching out any undisturbed stiff muscles before smoothing out the corset dress that swung past her ankles, dragging to the ground. Corners of her eyes softened, feeling her temples sink inward with what she suspected to be the source of her irritability. Judging by the tone of the winged man’s tone, this conversation was already long spoken. Had she been paying attention as much as she cared to admit, she would know a thing or two.

But she couldn’t believe it.

There was no way in God’s Holy Name that there could’ve been a lick of chance at.. TIME travel. It was simply unheard of! At least, out of all the magics that were slowly being discovered. She’s known of fire, ice, water, air -- you know, the elementals -- those who rose the dead which were completely unspoken of otherwise, priestal magic, and magic that came from diseases such as vampirism and lycanthropy.

Suppose there was a first for everything.

Her fingers curled into her dress, fighting off a few more memories. Blinking eyes indicated she was fighting the grogginess from earlier, refusing to share how she had absolutely no idea how she ended up among the others like some naive lost child.

Though from what she’s been told, she’s been in good company here. “Different timelines?” Apryl finally turned to the speaker, swallowing the rest of her pride for the time being. “You mean to tell me that this isn’t 1767? The war against the Rebels ISN’T happening here? No one is fighting for their ridiculous--” she paused, clearing her throat. She was rambling again. When the blonde began again, she had recomposed herself, taking note of the opening scrapes and bruises around where her knees were. Had she fallen? Nevermind that for now.

“Excuse my rambling, though it sounds as though everyone had the first intial thoughts so I won’t waste any times asking the who’s and what’s of the situation. Though, I couldn’t help to hear others speak of their hometown. I am from none other than the Land of the Queen’s Pride herself. Back home a rebellion has begun, and there are creatures and magic users alike.”

Ginny blinks, tilting her head. “Wait, you’re english? Fighting rebels? In nineteen sixty seven?” She chuckles softly. “Give it about a decade. You should know what the United States is by then.” She looks around, sighing. “There are three kinds of human witches in my world. Natural, who are born with the ability, learned, which study for quite a lot time for it, and borrowers, who make some kind of deal for it. Usually with demons.” She shrugs. “My species is just like this. I should stop aging soon.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back