• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
In response to the two more unusual members of the group, Harper says, "Where I'm from, that sort of thing would mostly be used to lock somebody up, yeah. Most prison cells have still got doors, though."

His staring at the room's walls doesn't seem to have turned up any results, so he takes a step back, then unsheathes the gracefully curved blade at his side. As it is drawn, the edge gleams with unnatural blue light as air particles are split apart along its length. "Hope this does something..." he mutters under his breath. Holding the blade out with a fully-outstretched arm, he slowly presses it forward into the wall.

She felt herself in a lying position, other than the grogginess. She blinked open her eyes - or tried to. The lighting was too bright for her senses. But it seemed...weird. When she moved her body to stretch, it felt even weirder. The surface she was lying on was cold, hard. Like the floor.

Her eyelids flew open, yet immediately squinted to the harsh light. Or white walls. Her eyes immediately adjusted, realising the trick played on them. How she got here, she didn't know. If she was kidnapped, she might find a way out. But if there wasn't a single opening in the room, she really wasn't prepared for it.

She was still in her outdoor attire, thankfully. Especially if there are strangers in here with her. Thrusting herself off the floor, she pushed herself against the corner she was previously lying by. Adrenaline was beginning flow in her system. She can't panic. She thought over and over, how she got here.

She was...sitting on a balcony, her nose a centimetre away from the rain water running off the roof. But what then? What then?

She snapped away from her thoughts, realising how it blocked off her senses in the few moments. She straightened herself up, tilting her head up to look at the other four figures on the other side of the room. They didn't seem to notice her.

Her eyes immediately widened - a guy with wings and a sword glowing blue. She stuffed a fist into her mouth to stop herself from squealing. And she has never squealed - ever. She was never wrong about believing in fantasy this whole time. She shrunk in the corner, waiting for herself to calm down enough.

Rooms without exits made with magic. It astounded her that magic could do something like that, used to merfolk magic as she was, though it shouldn't have. After all, she was standing in a room with three people who did not belong to her world. Rather than responding, she watched as Harper unsheathed a sword and pressed the tip to the wall. It seemed to almost ripple for a moment, though she was unsure if that was a trick of the light, before firming back up.

Before she could examine the oddity, a noise drew her attention to the corner, which a girl had shrunk into. "It looks like we have another being trapped here with us." Had she been here a moment ago? Nerissa was sure there were only four of them in the room when she woke up. "I am Nerissa. Do you have any recollection of how you came to be here?" She asked, keeping her voice low and soothing, as the girl appeared to be almost frightened.

Vex could see in the corner of his eye that somebody else had awakened, though he was too focused on whether or not Harper could cut into the wall with his sword, which he hoped and doubted was not magical in any way. He couldn't stand being outnumbered, with nothing he could think of or find to even the playing field.
Or was he?
He checked his jean pockets in hopes of finding something, be it his pocketknife, his cell phone, some sectulam, or some other tool.
Aha! his cell phone and pocketknife were where they were supposed to be. (but no sectulam.) He quickly suppressed his flash of a smile, not wanting anyone to know about the pocketknife in particular. That would be his secret weapon in case of emergency, though he knew a telekinetic or another kind of magic user could circumvent his slashes.
His good feelings completely left him when the wall rippled and solidified. That meant that they were not merely placed in an ordinary room by magical means, but that they were probably in a room of magical creation or one fortified with magic.
With that experiment done, he turned his attention towards the nervous-looking girl, who seemed about his age.
"Hello," greeted Vex, "Are you alright?"

The gunslinger lets out a bemused grunt as the wall ripples beneath the point of his blade. As it stills, he pulls back, but doesn't sheath the sword yet. There doesn't seem to be any visible marking on the wall. Would it be a good idea to take a proper swing at it? He isn't sure.

While he ponders, he hears the bird kid greet someone else. Turning, he sees a girl, even younger than the other two teenagers, dressed in ill-fitting layers. He waves to her with the hand not holding a magic sword. "Howdy there, newcomer." He chuckles. "Hope we don't get too many more, or this room's gonna start getting crowded.

Shafaqat was sleeping fairly soundly, but the sound of people talking around her. The moment that she realizes that she’s laying on flat, clean flooring, her eyes snap open.

People. Too many people. Some armed. Enclosed space. Unfamiliar.

She bolts to her feet, and sprints to one of the vacant corners of the room, getting her back to it as her bright blue eyes watch everyone in the room like a frightened cat.

Vex turned to the sight of yet another person awakening, this one darting to a vacant corner. He didn't remember this many people being in the room, though he didn't exactly scour the floor more than enough to tell if he dropped his syringe of sectulam.
His attention was now away from the girl with the auburn pixie cut, and now on the newcomer.
He stood parallel to the wall and spread his wings out all the way to get the cramps out of them, then folded them up.
With the relief of his physical discomfort, he said nothing this time for a moment. He didn't know what to say, and was beginning to feel panic come to him slowly.

There was no way she would allow herself to go smiling like an idiot in front of strangers. Bad first impression. Thinking of the worst things so far, it started to cancel out the wonderful yet disgusting sensation in her chest. The fact that she might be stuck here forever with this bunch might not be such a good thing.

She managed to regain her composure, pushing herself up in one swift move. Because the response to the 'avian guy' would be easier, she shifted her attention to him first.

"Yeah. Alright, I suppose. And 'howdy' to you too, you somewhat sound like a cowboy."

She saluted the masked person, still gritting her teeth to prevent herself from smiling from ear-to-ear.

She turned to the shorter girl, or woman, slightly tilting her cap higher yet keeping her head low.

"Ah...Nerissa, was it? Averrin. Call me however you like."

She extended a hand, muttering to herself, 'Please, please, somebody call me a kid.'

Her attention shifted to the movements from the corner of her eyes. Another person had appeared, for she hadn't realised the existence the other woman before. Her eyebrows furrowed, pulling her cap back down with her free hand. She turned to Nerissa once more, pulling up one corner of her mouth, still holding up the hand she held out in the first place.

As Vex looks at her, and stretches out his wings, she whimpers, seeming far more scared than she was before. “Please, I didn’t do anything! Let me go!” Her blue eyes are frantic, and now starting to fill with tears. Something about Vex has obviously set her off somehow.

As he's about to respond to the girl's question - he's not a cowboy, just a frontiersman - but is interrupted by the commotion of another new arrival. Seeing her immediate and severe distress, Harper sheaths his sword fully and turns away from the wall. He can come back to it once people aren't having mental breakdowns.

"Hey now, nobody here is keeping anybody else here... here," he trails off. "That sounded a bit more graceful in my head. Anyways, we're all allies of circumstance, newcomer. Far as I know, nobody harbors any hostile intent for anybody else, so please, let yourself calm down." He cocks his head. "By the way, anybody got some kinda teleportational or post-cognitive ability?"

Sabjorn watched everyone else for a few moments, his oncoming hangover making his mind foggy and painful. Then he registered what Harper says.
"Uh, I know Waypoint magic. But that requires a Wayshrine, or a good chunk of gold to sacrifice to get me to one. And it only works on the caster." He supplied, though he knew it wasn't very helpful. "I don't even know if it'll work here, the walls are magic, it could block spells that are long range, or spans outside the walls."

Shafaqat looks at Harper a bit fearfully. “Look. If I wake up in a white box, and I see an angel, the man standing there with a sword is absolutely not convincing me that I’m in no danger.” She does have her eyes focused pretty hard on the blade. No blood on it… that’s a start. She glances around worriedly. “Who are these guys anyway? Time travel again?”

Shafaqat looks at Harper a bit fearfully. “Look. If I wake up in a white box, and I see an angel, the man standing there with a sword is absolutely not convincing me that I’m in no danger.” She does have her eyes focused pretty hard on the blade. No blood on it… that’s a start. She glances around worriedly. “Who are these guys anyway? Time travel again?”
Harper barks out a laugh. "That's definitely understandable, kid. I can only give you my assurances. Gotta say though, bird-boy here certainly ain't an angel - if he were, I doubt anyone in this room'd be alive right now."

He follows her gaze to the blade sheathed at his side. Quite the wary one, hm? Justified to be sure, but still a bit irksome. "As for your question, I'm pretty sure it's something close to time travel, yeah. Alternate timelines. As for the second question," he tips his hat, "I'm Harper Pickering. I'll let these other folks introduce themselves."

Shafaqat doesn’t quite believe what Harper is saying about the angel. Maybe it just wants something. Angels always want something. The comment about alternate realities gets a long groan. “Great… like we haven’t dealt with enough of that already.” She mutters.

She puts her hands in the pockets of her jacket, hiding the dark, swirling markings on them. “Nice to meet you, I think. Call me Ginny.”

"Sabjorn Fenrarke. I promise not to kill anyone unless they try to kill me first." Sabjorn assured as he introduced himself, leaning back against the wall.
"You think if we hit these walls hard enough they'd break, or at least do more than ripple?" he asked after a moment.
"I have my greatsword still, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve, too."

Shafaqat hums, turning just a little bit to tap on the wall, while still keeping her back to the corner. “Well… whether that guy is an angel or not, the prison fits their style. I don’t think we’re getting out.” She says softly. “I can give it a shot though.” Considering that she is a rather slim looking teen, there might be questions about how hard she can actually hit, but she’ll let them come to their own conclusions.

Shafaqat hums, turning just a little bit to tap on the wall, while still keeping her back to the corner. “Well… whether that guy is an angel or not, the prison fits their style. I don’t think we’re getting out.” She says softly. “I can give it a shot though.” Considering that she is a rather slim looking teen, there might be questions about how hard she can actually hit, but she’ll let them come to their own conclusions.
Harper cocks an eyebrow - not because of her looks, but simply the fact that he doubted she or Sabjorn'd be able to do much. "By all means, kid," he says, "but I'm not sure what kinda results you'll get. There ain't much my sword can't cut through, and all it did to these walls was make 'em ripple a bit. Whatever they're made of, they ain't natural." His eyes indicate a frown. "Also, make sure whatever ya do is safe to use indoors, yeah? I'm pretty fond of staying in one piece."

Last edited:
Vex introduced himself when the time was right, in little more than a mumble.
"I'm not an angel," he added, offended. He didn't like this situation at all. A crowded room without an exit. No escape, and no hope of an effective enough counter-attack if things went the way he suspected they might. Sure, he's kept a calmer head in more dangerous places, but they weren't inescapable as he thought this situation was.
Perhaps, part of what was bothering him was that despite what he perceived to be an unconscionable difference, nobody was so much as rude to him. He figured it was perfidy, and anytime now they would take some sort of action against him. He wasn't even worried about "Ginny" thinking he was an angel and being afraid of him. He might be afraid of an angel too.
His nerves began to give him hunger pangs, which compounded his paranoia and general unease. Of course, even if a steaming, succulent London broil were to appear right in front of him, he couldn't eat it due to his curse.

Ginny takes a deep breath, and looks at the opposite corner of the room. She shouldn’t go for that, focusing a bit left. Clear path, flat surface… that’ll do.

She closes her eyes, taking a deep, slow breath, and rolling her shoulders. When her eyes open, they appear to have lost their pupils, flaring to life with azure flames, as the markings on her arms light up the same way.

She sprints across the room, and slams herself into the wall, moving far more quickly than she should be able to. The sound of her hitting the wall is quite loud, but the way it ripples does absorb some of the impact, as Ginny falls back, the light dying as she topples to the ground, holding her arm.

“آه ، اللعنة ، كسر ذراعي. الملائكة سخيف!” She growls in rapid fire Arabic as the arm she’s holding glows blue, slowly repairing itself from the result of hitting the wall. “Right… so that didn’t work.” She groans.

Nerissa leans against the wall, watching the exchange happen with a furrowed brow, her head cocked slightly to the side. She could only catch half of what they were saying, the other half just a blur of English, and a good portion of what she could make out made little sense to her. Perhaps because these people were from different places, places outside of her world. Maybe their dialect was slightly different. Or maybe she simply needed to brush up on her English.

There was curiosity in her eyes as the newest addition to their group attacked the wall, only to bounce back as it rippled and then firmed again. There was a deep groaning sound that radiated through the room without seeming to come from anywhere specific, much like the light, and the walls rippled again, more violently this time, before the room shrank a couple of inches. "Desyantes," she muttered in her native language, before saying in English, "I think we should not try to attack the walls again. The room does not seem to like it." She pressed her hand gently to the wall, an experiment. It was warm under her touch, in a way she couldn't quite explain. Not like a living thing, more like how water would heat up under the bright sun. The wall seemed to shift slightly under her touch before stilling, as if it had determined she meant no harm.

She hummed briefly under her breath. "I think it is responding to violence," she said, running a hand through her black curls and sighing.

The gunslinger's second eyebrow raises at the apparently Arabic girl's demonstration of power. Pretty impressive, and he imagined that she didn't go all out.
As the room ripples and groans, though, Harper grimaces. "I think you've got the right of it, Nerissa. I guess we'll just have to wait for something to happen on it's own."

Checking the wall for any continued weird behavior, he leans against it, then gestures to the other prisoners. "Any of you got ideas that don't amount to hitting the walls real hard? I'm more than open to suggestions. Say, Sabjorn - can you teach us how to do this Waypoint spell of yours?"

Ginny looks up at them from her spot on the ground. “Well… if the room is intelligent, maybe it can be reasoned with?” She suggests, shrugging as she gets up, heading back to her corner. She shakes her arm as it finishes regenerating, sighing.

Vex tensed his wings and pulled in his shoulders, a grimace coming to his face. He wasn't disturbed too much by Ginny's arm breaking. He'd watched people die without flinching before. It was the magic that bothered him.
At Harper's request for ideas, Vex removed his cell phone from his pocket.
"If that doesn't work, we could see about contacting someone outside."

Sabjorn cursed as the room got smaller, staring at the walls for a moment before looking back at Harper.
"Uh, probably not. I'm not the best at magic, I have no clue how to explain it. Plus I still need a wayshrine, and you'll have to have had been to said wayshrine for it to work. It's basically a transport system for individuals to get to places they've been to before." He answered with a frown.
"I could theoretically transport myself to a wayshrine by sacrificing some of my gold, but that doesn't help you lot. And it doesn't work where magic is blocked, which might be the case with magic walls, here."
He then looked at Vex, confused. "You know a communication spell? That might not work here, for the reason I just said."

Harper shakes his head. "That ain't a spell, Sabjorn. It's a portable radio, looks like - though I can't say I've ever seen one that small. Still, your reasonin' stands. It's definitely worth a shot, but I doubt that our unseen jailers haven't got some way of blocking radiowaves."

His foot taps with nervous energy. "Thinking about talking directly... maybe they'd actually intercept the broadcast? Talk to us that way, maybe."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back