• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The other girl's thoughts about the room being intelligent struck an idea in Nerissa's head. It rippled like the ocean, seemed to respond on instinct, and it was warm like sun soaked waters. She couldn't easily use her magic in this human form, but there was an intrinsic magic in her native language that she could access which responded to most things with some degree of life. Plants, animals, the ocean, even other magic sometimes.

"Ginny may be correct about it's ability to be reasoned with, if this plan to contact others does not work," she said, glancing around at the other occupants in the room, before her eyes settled on the device in Vex's hand. An excited energy shot through her, and it was everything she could do to keep from bouncing over to him, sure he would react poorly. She did bounce slightly on her toes however, asking, "Is that a cell phone? I have seen humans use them, but I've never seen one up close. How does it work? Is it magic?"

Vex rolled his eyes at Sabjorn assuming that his cell phone was a component in a communication spell. What was with these people with magic and their unceasing guess that somehow, magic made everything work?
Finally, when Nerissa asked, he replied.
"No, it's not magic. It's engineering. Like Harper said, it's basically a radio- radio waves that get sent from one cell phone to another and are translated into sound."
He then grew quiet as he unlocked his phone and dialed for Dr. Von Brandt without even checking his reception. It was the only person he could think of to call, as he didn't trust anybody a 911 operator would send.
"Now don't talk for a minute. I gotta hear if he answers."

Ginny hums, touching one of the walls, before turning so her back is to everyone else, whispering very softly. “Listen. I’m sorry for attacking you. But the longer we stay here, the more danger these guys are in. I’m going to get hungry eventually, and they’ll probably attack once they figure out what I eat.”

Vex began to hear a buzzing sound completely unlike the sound his phone made when waiting for a call to be answered. Nonetheless, it came from his phone, which he took from his ear to look at the screen, unremarkable in any way.
Then, the sound began to distort and become higher in pitch. Anyone could hear it, as well.
Then, his keen hearing was distracted by Ginny's statement that he and the others would probably attack her when they found out what she ate.
What does she eat? He thought in morbid curiosity. Whatever it was would probably not disturb him morally, though he was aware of the possibility he'd find out his life was in danger.
The sound his phone was making was getting more and more irritating, though not yet intolerable.

Sabjorn looked between them, face scrunched in confusion. "Huh? What the fuck's a ray-dio? Never heard of it."
Then Vex asked for silence, and he went quiet to see if this thing would work. Then the sound of static and buzzing came from it, and honestly it was quite annoying.
"Is it supposed to do that? If not, shut it up. It's annoying."

Nerissa watched and waited with excited impatience as he messed with the phone and then put it to his ear. The whole concept was absolutely fascinating, and seemed similar to how some animals communicated, though she couldn't put her finger on exactly how. She listened intently, wondering what she would hear from the other side, if anything. When he took it from his ear, her brow furrowed. Did he not need to hold it to his face to hear the other person speak?

It was around then that her ears began to pick up the buzzing. While her hearing was not as sensitive in this form, she was still able to pick up more frequencies than regular humans. The buzzing began to change, increasing in volume and pitch and her face creased in pain, hands slapping over her ears to try and block the noise. "Ne sai, akena rajet," she whimpered, forgetting in her pain that they would be unable to understand her language.

As Sabjorn said what he said, the phones noise turned into a screech. Vex quickly hung up the phone and pocketed it once more.
"It's not supposed to do that," he confirmed, "It must be something about this place."
Vex's tone had grown more fearful, though he made a mental note that making a failed phone call could save him should Nerissa attack him. It might also provoke Sabjorn though. Dammit!

Last edited:
Harper rubs his ears - his hearing was rather sensitive, though he seemed to have a much greater deal of control over what it took in that Nerissa. He seems to have missed what Ginny said to the walls in the commotion. "Yikes. Obviously not the winning option, here. I don't know what else to try..."

He scowls, now. This was getting more annoying and worrying by the second. Couldn't cut or blast out, no way to contact the outside. Hell.

Ginny hums, feeling the wall heat up and cool down under her hands. “Yeah… I don’t want that to happen either. I’m scared. Please let us out.” She whispers to the wall, knowing that it seems to react to what she’s saying. “Or at least let everyone else out.”

Nerissa let out a slow sigh as the sound stopped, bringing her hands away from her ears. "That was... unpleasant," she said, her voice shaking, clearly upset. She wasn't sure if it was relieving or not to hear that the phone didn't normally make a noise like that. Relieved, because she couldn't imagine anybody willingly subjecting themselves to that, but distraught because it meant that they couldn't use it to contact anybody. Whatever magic held them here, it didn't want them to receive help from outside of this room. Was this some sort of test? To see if they could escape? If so, who would put something like this together, and why? She almost feared to find out who might have the power to drag people from multiple worlds into an empty cube.

Sabjorn winced as it turned to a screech, then relaxed once it was shut off.
"Real helpful there. Now what? What're we gonna do, be stuck here 'til we die? I've already died once, I'd rather not do that again." He glanced around at all of them, what a group of freaks.
"What if one of us needs to piss? And what're we gonna do for food?"

"I don't rightly know, Sabjorn. I don't rightly know."
Harper is still scowling, he hat tilted down to shade his eyes. He kicks off the wall and begins pacing furtively, hands tapping on his gun belt.

Vex developed a look of disgust at the idea of anybody having to go to the bathroom without having a bathroom to go to. His curse prevented him from eating or drinking but also from expelling the products thereof, and from dying of malnourishment and dehydration. He never thought it to be anything but unnatural, but now was almost half thankful for the effects of the curse. He still missed eating, though.
But other people would have to go. Other people would have to eat. And he would be left alone in here. With a stench. He didn't mind the smell of decaying bodies- that was the vulture in him, he supposed- but urine and feces were another story.
"This sucks majorly."

Ginny sighs, taking her hand from the wall, and turning to face the others. “More urgently… I don’t know about you guys, but I haven’t seen any kind of ventilation. We’ll suffocate well before we starve.” She says, her brow furrowed.

All at once, the light disappears, as if it had never existed, leaving the group in total darkness. All that could be seen was the bright glow of Nerissa's wide eyes as brief panic made her magic flare, though it was not bright enough to illuminate the room. "Did we make the room angry again?" She asks hesitantly as her panic slowly subsides, the light of her eyes dimming to just a faint glow. Though she'd never experienced darkness quite so complete, she had made several trips down deep into the ocean, to the very edge of what the light of the sun could reach. "Maybe if we-" Her words were cut off as a voice spoke in her mind. With the voice's last words to each of them, the light returned, almost blinding in its intensity after such complete darkness. Nerissa didn't notice it, numbness having settled into her bones. She almost couldn't believe what it had told her, but it made some sort of sense, in a twisted kind of way.

Ginny screams in fear as the lights go out, shuddering as she hears the voice. She’s quite pale when the lights come back on. “O…kay? So… at least someone’s in charge of this mess? That’s good, right?”

Vex's eyes widened from the sudden darkness, and he gasped as soon as he heard the voice speak. He had never been spoken to telepathically before, nor had he experienced auditory hallucinations. He didn't know which it was, but was inclined to think it was the former. It was soon confirmed when Ginny spoke up and the light returned.
In the light, his expression was one of absolute terror. Something had infiltrated his very mind, and he didn't know if he ought to believe what it said or not. Still, it had given him a horrible hypothesis. He had to obey the voice- He would find out the hard way if the notion the voice gave him was true, and he would never be prepared for what would happen at that fateful moment if he told anybody what he had heard.

Sabjorn was about to light a fire using one of his skills as a Dragonknight, when he heard the voice in his head. He instantly froze, shaken. He's had voices that weren't his in his head before, but not like this. Yeah, the Prophet has said some cryptic shit to him this way, but this was different. This was a bit ominous. It honestly made him a bit uncomfortable.
"Uhhh... Any idea what that was about?" He glanced around at them all, unsure of what to really think, when his eyes landed on Ginny and stayed there.

Before Harper's sharp eyes can adjust to the cut light, a fell voice is carried to his ear. It isn't the first time he's had an experience with chilling whispers in dark places, and that prior exposure definitely didn't make him inclined to listen. As the lights return, his focus on the room is soft, and he removes his hands from where they were wrapped around the grips of his weapons.

"Whatever it was, it wasn't good." At least something happened, though, he thinks to himself. He'd been getting impatient with this whole business, waiting for the other shoe to drop on this mysterious room. "Is everybody all right?"

It was almost a relief to know that the others had heard things as well. Had they all received the same message? No, probably not, that wouldn't make sense. She did have to agree with the statement that it wasn't a good thing though. Maybe the voice had been lying. Maybe this was a game it was playing, to mess with their minds. A shudder rolled through her as the numbness gave way to a trembling in her limbs that she couldn't seem to stop.

"I am... okay," she said tentatively, one arm wrapped around her stomach. There was a nauseous churning there, something she'd never experienced before. "Just- just a little shaken." Her eyes darted between the other occupants of the room, searching for any sign of injury. Nobody appeared to be outwardly harmed, which was a relief, unless they were experiencing inner turmoil like her.

Ginny glances at Harper, giving a weak thumbs up gesture. “I’m good… scared, but good.” She notices Sabjorn looking at her, and shudders. “Um … ‘sup?” She mumbles nervously. She doesn’t like being looked at right now.

She had been staring at the stark white walls for what seemed like centuries long, as she eavesdropped on the other's conversations every now and then. She was trying to figure out ways to escape. But after Ginny became 'super-charged' only to miserably fail, she wasn't sure anymore.

As Averrin listened in once more, the 'avian' - she'd like to call him - was trying to use a phone in here. Interested, she paid full attention. Merely cracks and buzzing sounds came out of the device, setting her on edge. What came out instead was a screech, causing her to nearly jump to her feet. Her eyes widened, fearful. She did not remember cell phones doing that. And that is not good.

She heard the others - the absence of food, a toilet, ventilation. Her stomach flipped constantly, thinking of the worst.

The world suddenly turned pitch black, the rod cells in her eyes detecting no light whatsoever except the glow of two golden dots of light - a pair of eyes. A voice came from the direction, proving that it was indeed Nerissa.

Her heart had jumped to her throat, as she jumped, shifting one leg to the front, another to the back, her hands held up, awaiting something to happen.

Yet something else happened. A voice whispered in her ear, as she felt as if all her life functions stopped. All her senses were blocked off, as she drifted away, away, away--

She woke to the blinding light once more, snapping up from the floor, believing no one saw her. The last events she remembered all came back to her. About how she was forced to drop herself from 27-storeys high. Her mind flickered between the voice and the memories, still shocked.

Vex closed his mouth once he realized it was gaping. He spread his wings, lifted his arms, and walked a few feet forward to relieve the tension in his body.
"That was fucking scary." He admitted, awe in his voice.

"I'm... okay. I think." Sabjorn replied. He pulled his eyes away from Ginny, realizing he was staring. "Still doesn't change how we dont have a way out."

The gunslinger returns to pacing. "Indeed it don't," he says, "Don't solve any of our other problems, either."

The content of his whispered message was troubling him somewhat. He didn't want to do anything drastic, but what if it was the only way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back