• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
She had to agree, it had been rather terrifying. Another shudder rolled through her. She was scared they'd never escape. She was scared the voice had been right. Scared to find out what it had said to the others. She took a deep breath, forcing her spine to stiffen. Damn it all, she knew who she was, and she had never bowed to fear before. She wouldn't do so now, no matter what this room threw at them.

One of the walls began to ripple and dark lines appeared, ever so slowly forming words.

My games you’ll play if freedom you seek
But beware, they are not for the weak
I know your truths, I know your lies
Play this right and no one dies
With each success, a gift I give
But mistakes I won’t forgive
Listen now and listen well
Or forever this will be your cell

Her eyes skated over the words, brow furrowed. While her grasp of the human language was somewhat decent, it only applied to the spoken language. These words meant nothing to her, simply a sprawl of black lines on the white wall.

Harper stops in his tracks, shaking his head ruefully. "So it's one of these types, huh?" He was hating whatever was in charge of this place more and more by the second. He couldn't stand cryptic sons of bitches like this.

He beckons to the wall. "Well, then, let's see it."

Ginny looks over at the wall, and groans loudly. “Oh, for the love of sanity… I think it wants us to play mafia.” She mutters. Remembering that not all of these people are likely aware of that game, she takes a moment to clarify. “Basically, one person is a narrator. They choose a task for each person. No one knows what the others tasks are. The goal is to get your task done.” She huffs, glaring at the wall.

Bang Bang. Alice felt her head throb, it was an intense one too. She briefly wondered if she had lost some fight. Yet that was impossible after all her heart was still beating. The fact she was alive proved she hadn't lost some fight. Maybe he passed out after winning one then. She struggled to find strength in her limbs for a moment, then after a few seconds her strength returned. Letting her lift herself off the ground and stand. Her legs wobbled slightly as her vision was what returned next. She wasn't in her room, nor the ring, this was....a box? A white box of all things. That couldn't be possible she killed Lucia herself. Looking around though she knew it was in fact not her old enemy at work. Instead there were others in the box with her, ruling out Lucia entirely.

None of these people looked familiar though, she shook her head to help regain some sense. Trying to piece together what had happened and why she was here. That's when she saw the wall and the words written on it. "A game?" She spoke aloud the text confusing her. A game? Why? She was just in a game, but if this was the same game just new players then that would spell trouble. She quickly started sizing up everyone in the room, some definitely didn't look to be fighters but there were a few who did look the part. Then again the bandages and scars on her face weren't make-up she had learned first hand to never underestimate anyone. Scratching her face she noted something extremely strange. "Huh I'm not wearing a watch?" The question so strange out of context yet to Alice it was a stable of the game. Which meant this wasn't the same game, and if not then what kinda game was this?

Reme awoke with a soft groan as his senses came back to him. The ground was cold and hard, but he was used to that already what with the place he'd been in previously. He didn't want to push himself up, to see Galen's - his captor's - ugly face staring back at him through the glass like he was some sort of freak. But then again, he couldn't lay here for the rest of his life, either. The first thing he noticed when he groggily pushed himself up was the stark-white room, it took his eyes a moment to adjust. When they did, though, he immediately shrunk into the wall. Who were all these people? Was this finally his chance to escape?

As his eyes darted around, he found no exit. Only these strange people in this strange room, with dark writing on the wall he didn't bother to read since at that moment he saw the thin trails of black smoke rising up from his head. Panicked, he covered the top of his head with his hands, his eyes frantically searching the room once again. He had no idea who these people were, and for all he knew they could do what Galen did - get a sick high off the sweet-smelling smoke that leaked from his head without his permission and revealed his precious memories to the world. "Narek au kire?" he snarled in a foreign tongue, one that he hated using but could care less at the moment.

He's about to answer Ginny's comment, but at the sound of new voices, Harper whirls around, hands straying to his weapons. He wouldn't put it past this thing to start dropping hostiles in the room for its 'game'. He's momentarily stunned by two newcomer's appearances; one a giant, purple-haired girl, the other some sort of strange construct. He sees that they aren't making any hostile moves, seeming to be as totally confused as the others were when they first arrived, and relaxes - somewhat. He's still on edge from the room's words.

"Howdy there," he greets, voice tinged with wariness. He turns back to keep his eyes on the wall.

Last edited:
Ginny sighs, looking at the new people… maybe the message had to do with them? She can’t tell. She just sighs, and runs a hand through her long black hair, turning her attention back to the wall to see if it says anything else.

Vex read the wall, rather unimpressed by what the wall said, though he did think Ginny's idea that the room wanted them to play mafia was getting somewhere.
Then other beings appeared. The strangest of which, who reminded him of an anthropomorphic incense burner, looked like yet another magical creature to him.
The tension returned to him. He pondered, why do i have to be even more outnumbered than before?
He could only doubt and hope that the particularly tall one, with the scars and bandages, would be on his side.
"Hello...." he said, letting his voice trail off but not letting anyone know the nature of his current emotions.

The comments about games puzzled her, and the longer she stared at the strange writing on the walls, the more frustrated she became. "Would one of you mind translating what the writing says?" She finally asks, messing with the draw string on her hoodie. "Though able to speak English relatively well, I find myself unable to read it." It's then that it finally clicks that more people have appeared in the room, and she turned towards them with wide eyes. She considered asking if they knew anything about the room, but she could tell immediately that they were as equally confused as everybody else had been upon first arriving. One seemed to be a very tall woman, the other, well, she couldn't quite describe him, having never seen anything similar, both above or below water. "Hello," she greeted with a sigh. "We came to the conclusion that each of us is from, I believe Harper called it, 'alternate timelines'. I am Nerissa. Do either of you have any recollection of how you came to be here?"

Ginny glances over at Nerissa. “My games you’ll play if freedom you seek, But beware, they are not for the weak, I know your truths, I know your lies, Play this right and no one dies, With each success, a gift I give, But mistakes I won’t forgive, Listen now and listen well, Or forever this will be your cell.” She recites, sighing.

“No one dies, huh… somehow I’m not sure of that. Unless, of course, it has a way to raise the dead.” She proceeds to press her back more firmly against the corner she’s standing in, glancing around warily. “So. Do we assume the wall is telling the truth, and just go about our respective tasks? I’m up for options.”

Upon reading the black text against the white walls, her stomach dropped further to the floor. Yet she was...calm. Why? Because voices in her head are somewhat scarier than this. And that she has something else to think of.

The appearance of the text was followed by the appearance of other 'individuals'. She wasn't very good at estimating height, but she certainly knew that the woman was indeed super-tall. The other one had silver skin, reminding her of a steaming robot. And it indeed emitted smoke from its head.

She took a few steps back, muttering. "Wonder who these are..."
She imagined of tackling them if needed, but they seemed quite confused as she was from the look on their faces. At the word 'alternate timelines', Nerissa's words bounced in her head. There's the consequence of not paying attention.

Hearing Ginny's comment, she responded, "Are you...sure it's asking us to play...mafia? There are other available options...like you said."
She has a bad feeling about playing mafia.

Ginny glances at Nerissa again. “From how everyone is behaving, I would say we all heard something. But no one has said what they were told. Which implies that none of us are allowed to do that.” She seems calm, analytical. “Besides, the wall says it’s a game. Could also be prisoner’s dilemma, I suppose.”

"Aiiiya..." She stood near to Ginny.
"Ok, we'll try and play what you suggested, but if playing 'mafia' is wrong, let's just hope the room doesn't get angry."
Her jaw hung for a moment. Has anyone explained something to the oblivious newcomers?

"So who's the narrator?" asked Vex, perhaps sounding tough. He had anxiety to hide.
Now that he had a moment to think about it, he realized that the voice's message to him was either completely irrelevant to this "game" or hinted at the challenge being something completely different.
He dismissed the thought of discussing this with the other people in the room, as that would mean losing his ability to defy the element of surprise. He would not give that up.

Averrin huffed a breath, sighing. "Ahh... Let's make a draw or something. That would make it fair."

She smacked a hand over the right side of her face, dragging it down. From her left eye, she kept staring at Vex, multiple thoughts bouncing in her head. Besides, he was the one she marvelled over in the first place. She too wondered what it feels to fly mid-air.
As soon as her hand dropped to her side, she made the information public, swinging to face the others.
"Hey, guys! If we're playing 'mafia', we'll have to get a narrator! How do we choose?"

'Now we'll hear everyone's opinions', she thought. But at the edge of her words, Averrin was invisible to the naked eye.

She had flickered out of existence.

Last edited:
Alice directed her attention to the others in the room. They talked like they have information she did not, going on about playing some "mafia" game. We're they perhaps told the game and she wasn't? "No, that doesn't sound right." She spoke aloud. "Game's are all rules and the watcher getting a kick out of it all. So if they wanted us to play this mafia game. Then they'd just say that we are playing mafia." She pointed at the wall. "Yet the game hasn't been clarified yet. So it stands to reason the game we are supposed to play isn't ready yet." She lowered her hand back down to her side. Again she looked at the others in the room and slowly pointed to herself. "I'm Alice my fighter number is 3492. It's nice to meet you all." She gave a small wave and tried forcing her bland expression into a smile, getting her usual grin with soulless eyes.

Ginny sighs softly, realizing that they didn’t understand. “I think the voice that told us all what to do is the narrator.” She deadpans. She waves to Alice. “Nice to meet you. I’m Ginny.”

Harper blinks as Averrin turns invisible, but doesn't concern himself too much. His hearing should be able to make him aware of her movements, if she tried anything funny. As the giant girl smiles, he squints at her. 'Damn creepy...' Nonetheless, he tips his hat to her. "Harper Pickering. What's this 'Fighter number'?

Speaking to Ginny, he says, "That's what I was thinking, yeah. I can't help but think it's gonna try to turn us against each other."

Vex stifled laughter at Harper's idea that the room was trying to turn them against each other, thinking: Like it needed to do that with me!
"Well, I guess I'll introduce myself too. I'm Vex. "

Sabjorn was just trying to process all of this. He sighed and dragged his hand down his face.
"Guess I might as well introduce myself again. I'm Sabjorn Fenrarke, Dragonkight of the Ebonheart Pact."
He considered his options. He didn't really have many good ones. He glanced at Ginny again, thinking hard, but that was difficult considering his growing hangover migraine.
"Hey, nobody would happen to have something for hangovers or migraines, would ya?"

The walls of the room rippled, having a strange effect on the stark black words, though they didn't disappear. There was another low groaning noise, and the room expanded a couple of inches, pleased with the way everybody was interacting, and to give the new people more room to move around. It settled after a moment, and words appeared on a second wall.
One secret will save a life
One lie will end in strife
One minute till he breathes his last
Hurry now, for time runs fast

Below the words was a large, bold 60. Though the words were still, the numbers seemed to ripple slightly, as if temporary.

"Sixty seconds? That's all?" Vex could hardly believe what he was reading.
Then it hit him.
Vex could feel something odd about the air, as though there was something missing. The more he breathed, the more his body began to feel sluggish and his lungs burned. He also began to have a swelling feeling about his temples. It was just like the time that one little punk whose name he never learned attempted to strangle him, only without the pressure on his neck.
"No!" he choked out, immediately wishing he didn't.

Sabjorn balked at the text. Really?! This was happening?!
"I fuckin' hate these damn riddles and puzzles! I get enough of that back home!"
Sabjorn then looked around, at least it didn't seem to be referencing him.
"Okay, the only thing I can think of is to start sharing secrets. So start talkin'!"
He then paused, should he go first? Fuck. He hated this. Why did he even care about saving a random stranger's life, if it didn't directly benefit him in some way? Fuck.
"Okay, I, uh, I'm sorta married. Have a kid, too. Rarely go to see 'em..."

Ginny looks on as the two men seem to be in serious pain. “One minute… okay. Not sure what’s up with either of you. But I think we all have to get our tasks done within the minute or one of them dies.” She looks at Sabjorn briefly. “Best I’ve got is a sedative. Get over here if you want that I guess.” Vex… he looks like he’s got no air. But he can speak. Not choking. Suffocating.

She looks over at Sabjorn. “Um, we’re just saying secrets? Fuck… here we go, I fucking guess. I’m not human, and I feed on human blood to survive. Is that what you fucking want?” She yells, looking around warily at all the other people. She seems quite paranoid along with her general panic.

Nerissa frowned at the words on the wall, frustrated with her inability to read them. The numbers seemed to be changing, and she had to guess they were keeping track of seconds, though she couldn't tell if they were going up or down. Damn. If she ever escaped here, she needed to learn to read the human language. Her eyes darted between the other occupants of the room, about to ask somebody to tell her what it meant when she caught sight of Vex, who seemed to be struggling to breathe. It reminded her a little of humans who fell into the sea, or fish trapped on land.

Secrets, Sabjorn and Ginny both mentioned. Was that the key? Was that what ended this, maybe saving Vex's life? Learning Ginny's secret didn't seem to faze her. There were other ocean dwellers, similar to merfolk, who ate things that would make her shudder. Feeding on blood seemed fairly innocent in comparison. The question was, what secret did she have to share? She was generally a very open book, honest and expressive. Finally she settled on something that wasn't a terrible secret in her world, but she worried it might unnerve those trapped with her. Taking a deep breath, she said, "I am a High Priestess of the Great Mother, and because of this, I have sank several ships for abusing my kind, drowning everybody on board." It wasn't something she was ashamed of, despite the fact that her kind were not typically violent. Only merfolk like her with the capacity for violence and the power to pull it off became priestesses. She answered only to the Great Mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back