• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Wars: The Last Platoon - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
We love a connecting up backstories. If anyone would be interested in doing a similar thing with my mercenary, please let me know! Perhaps they worked together before?

I am almost never satisfied with nicknames and aliases (or names for that matter).

I was gonna try to come up with something clever, but I think I'm just gonna go with "Doc." (Cliche, I know)

More out of respect from his comrades as a "good" medic, the one they can rely on

I am almost never satisfied with nicknames and aliases (or names for that matter).

I was gonna try to come up with something clever, but I think I'm just gonna go with "Doc." (Cliche, I know)

More out of respect from his comrades as a "good" medic, the one they can rely on
A good method for nicknames is to imagine what a general public would think of them based on their actions, then try to simplify it into a title.

For example, at one point Dharka (my merc) organised several attacks on the Polis Massians and became known simply as the Ringleader of the Polis Massa Raids.

Or you could go for the big events; Dharka betrayed the Wren family of Mandalore as a child and is now known by few as the Traitor of Wren.

Hope that helps~

A good method for nicknames is to imagine what a general public would think of them based on their actions, then try to simplify it into a title.

For example, at one point Dharka (my merc) organised several attacks on the Polis Massians and became known simply as the Ringleader of the Polis Massa Raids.

Or you could go for the big events; Dharka betrayed the Wren family of Mandalore as a child and is now known by few as the Traitor of Wren.

Hope that helps~
That is a nifty tip, your titles are very flavorful. Reminds me of Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones

However, I feel that my character is not the type to have a title similar to yours. I was thinking more a familiar nickname between close friends and comrades. Something like "Rex," "Cody," or "Finn"

That is a nifty tip, your titles are very flavorful. Reminds me of Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones

However, I feel that my character is not the type to have a title similar to yours. I was thinking more a familiar nickname between close friends and comrades. Something like "Rex," "Cody," or "Finn"
Sorry, I suppose I should have included affectionate nicknames like that haha

Yeah that kind of title sounds very plausible for a trooper. Something a friend gave them that just stuck, often born from a trait or iconic moment they shared.

Sorry, I suppose I should have included affectionate nicknames like that haha

Yeah that kind of title sounds very plausible for a trooper. Something a friend gave them that just stuck, often born from a trait or iconic moment they shared.
I (briefly) took part in Viper's ODST (Halo) RP and my character had the nickname "Sticks." It started out as a joke -- his comrades calling him a "f--k stick" after a near-fatal accident during boot camp. The drill sergeant called him "Private F--k Stick" after that, and his squadmates shortened the term to "Sticks."

Now that nickname, I was very fond of. lmao

(I do regret dropping out of that RP, I really liked the premise; life just got busy as always -- Viper Actual Viper Actual with the god-tier RPs)

so i was in TS working on my backstory, when a friend jumped in. he was messing with Chat GPT and we sorta got sidetracked with CHAT GPT. I then Decided to see how well it could create a Bio using the RP as prompts. and holy shit. some of it is not bad. others.....not so much.

While AI is fascinating I do hope you didn't rely on it in its entirety when drafting up a sheet.

I wonder if AI rp is a thing? Must be a lot faster than conventional writing lol

Just wanted to let all of you know that the Discord will be up soon. I hoped to have it finished two days ago but I'm out of town with family and friends right now so it'll have to wait.

However, as not everyone have submitted a sheet yet, I see no reason to rush things.

I wonder if AI rp is a thing? Must be a lot faster than conventional writing lol
I did mess around with RPing with ChatGPT (with jailbreak lol), it tends to forget character names and what jobs they do, which side they're on etc, once it stretch over long period of time, so you'll have to remind it here and there. Overall it's okay with writing a long story given there's human intervention guiding it along the way with each segment of the replies.

luckily no, I did not. I mostly stole one or two lines from a couple of paragraphs it generated and expanded upon it where I was having some difficulty. except for the first two paragraphs. it was almost exactly what I originally wrote. so I did some little tweaks and used those. but yea, most of what it gave me usually deteriorated or went in very interesting ways. at one point, It tried to make my character force sensitive. all in all, fun experience. might mess with it again some point later for the lols. but wont be relying on it.

Just wanted to let all of you know that the Discord will be up soon. I hoped to have it finished two days ago but I'm out of town with family and friends right now so it'll have to wait.

However, as not everyone have submitted a sheet yet, I see no reason to rush things.
Enjoy your familial time, Viper.

This actually does exist in the form of Character.AI, but it’s only good for so long, roleplaying with exactly one other character. It likes to be recursive from time to time.

This actually does exist in the form of Character.AI, but it’s only good for so long, roleplaying with exactly one other character. It likes to be recursive from time to time.
That's interesting, sounds useful for testing things out as a gm. 🤔

AI will eventually improve, in all cases, I think. As long as we keep thinking it needs to be improved.

I'll be home from Gothenburg later today. My goal is to finalize the Discord and to both iron out and finish the rather large starting post.

The starting post will consist of two parts;
  1. A Kashyyyk-flashback, providing some insight into what all of those present were facing prior to evacuating.
  2. A time-skip (hyperspace jump hehe) to current-day events, presenting all of you with time and space to get some interactions going before we set off on our first contract.
The Kashyyyk-part won't mention any of your characters- just Cadrick and various GMCC/NPCs- so in that sense it will be very vague and open-ended. For those of you with characters that were present at Kashyyyk this will both give you some background fluff as well as opportunity to toss in your own flashback (should you want), offering a point-of-view from your character's eyes as they partook in the defense of ISBS Druid.

The second part- leading up to "now-time"- will place our entire mercenary company on the Outer Rim world of Horvaan, a former CIS-foundry turned refuge for those that don't want any part in galactic politics. This will also take place several years after Kashyyyk, providing ample time for both friendships and rivalries to have formed within the group and its members.

I’m sure folks are training an ai as we speak to facilitate gming.

BREAKING: Pentagon weaponizes DND-GMs through AI - China surrenders immediately

I'll be home from Gothenburg later today. My goal is to finalize the Discord and to both iron out and finish the rather large starting post.

The starting post will consist of two parts;
  1. A Kashyyyk-flashback, providing some insight into what all of those present were facing prior to evacuating.
  2. A time-skip (hyperspace jump hehe) to current-day events, presenting all of you with time and space to get some interactions going before we set off on our first contract.
The Kashyyyk-part won't mention any of your characters- just Cadrick and various GMCC/NPCs- so in that sense it will be very vague and open-ended. For those of you with characters that were present at Kashyyyk this will both give you some background fluff as well as opportunity to toss in your own flashback (should you want), offering a point-of-view from your character's eyes as they partook in the defense of ISBS Druid.

The second part- leading up to "now-time"- will place our entire mercenary company on the Outer Rim world of Horvaan, a former CIS-foundry turned refuge for those that don't want any part in galactic politics. This will also take place several years after Kashyyyk, providing ample time for both friendships and rivalries to have formed within the group and its members.
Niceeee.

Time to prowl the forests of Kashyyyk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back