• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Star Wars: The Last Platoon

Viper Actual

Ask me about my tourniquet fetish.
Supporter
Banner A Main.png

Platoon;
A subdivision of a company of soldiers, usually forming a tactical unit that is commanded by a subaltern or lieutenant and divided into three sections.

5 ABY. The Empire is crumbling and with it the dream of galaxy-wide peace and prosperity under the Emperor's rule too shall wither, crumble and be trampled down by the eager and naive feet of the New Republic. The Emperor- may he reign eternally, even in death- issued his last commands via droid proxies following the Battle of Endor. Despite these orders, these commands, the Emperor's will remains challenged.

Attempts such as Operation Cinder have been enacted to halt the terrifying pace at which the Alliance and New Republic is advancing but even so little has been done to stop the onslaught of insurgents, terrorists and rebels. Even now brave Imperial soldiers lay down their lives at Jakku, Kuat Drive Yards and Kashyyyk.

In terms of the latter the lush jungle world of Kashyyyk is in the middle of an uprising with Wookiee laborers rebelling and taking up arms against the local Imperial garrison, aided by Alliance SpecForce teams who in turn hope to seize any weapons and equipment left behind by the Imperial Army and Stormtrooper Corps.

Unknown to both the Wookiees and Alliance forces something else lurks on Kashyyyk, namely a secret ISB research facility home to an even more secretive special weapons program. It is here, at ISBS Druid, where a rag-tag company of Imperial Army and Navy personnel as well as elite Stormtroopers have been given orders to make a stand. For the Empire.

Lieutenant Cadrick- a Clone Wars veteran- would be appointed to lead this suicide operation as ISB staff and officers make preparations to leave Kashyyyk for good. Meanwhile, as Cadrick and his troops dig in, the fires of armed revolution approach, as does the drums of war and roars of bestial wrath.

Once the last of the ISB shuttles leave Cadrick finds himself in the midst of a three-pronged assault, surrounded and out-numbered with nothing but his men for support.

The Empire's last platoon.

Banner B Info.png
Hello and welcome to Star Wars: The Last Platoon!

Last Platoon will put you and your characters into a story revolving around the many adventures of Cadrick's Outlaws as they venture through the Outer Rim in the post-Empire era. Together you will undertake assignments as a mercenary company while balancing morals and ethics regarding the contracts chosen- while also attempting to stay low and avoid the newly formed New Republic and its security forces.

Canonically we'll primarily go off of Disney-canon for simplicity's sake as- in my experience- fan-rewrites tend to be too much of a hassle and Legends can sometimes be very gargantuan in terms of getting into properly. Exclusions to this rule may be certain types of troopers, equipment, vehicles and weapons but that's purely to aid with creative freedom when setting up the player characters, NPCs, etc.

Last Platoon will primarily be story-focused and as such there won't be any advanced types of rolls or stats with the former being handled by yours truly to handle contextual actions such as attacks, attempts to persuade or intimidate and more. Those of you whom have partaken in any of my previous or ongoing threads will recognize the system.

Out of character ('OOC') will be handled primarily via Discord, however there will be an OOC-page here on RPN and having a Discord account is not a requirement to join the RP!

Finally, I'm looking for about 6-8 players for this but if there's even more interest I can maybe stretch the roster to 10 players.

Banner C Rules.png

• Semi-literate. Not asking for novel-sized posts (please don't) but one-liners are no bueno either.
  • Respect. Be respectful to your fellow players, especially when dealing with heavier themes of the RP.
  • No drama. Self-explanatory.
  • No meta-gaming. You will be outnumbered, on the run and you will be in danger. I have zero-tolerance for over-powered characters.
  • Have fun!

Banner I Characters Alt.png
Here are some character rules and guidelines:
  • I will generally not allow anyone Force-sensitive but exceptions can be made should I approve of it.​
  • This is a trooper-centered story primarily but Cadrick's Outlaws is also home to former Imperial researchers, techs and other non-combat staff as well as a select few mercenaries whom have either joined the ex-Imperials because of similar goals, out of necessity or for other- personal or otherwise- reasons.​
  • You do not need to be an expert on military tactics, hierarchy or ranks. If anything a lack of knowledge may even reflect well onto a character, such as those recruited late into the Galactic Civil War or those pressed into service via conscription.​
  • No ultra-rare alien species. I will allow some alien troopers into the mix but please select one of the more common non-Human species in that case.​
  • No five-star generals. You are rank and file at worst, NCOs/'non-coms' at best.​

Last edited:
Let's gooooooooo, lads.
Hello there 😏
Yalla, akhi.
Interested
Interested!
Interested!!!

Giancarlo Esposito Smirk GIF by Disney+

Happy to see so much interest!

Tentative interest with another maybe, do you prefer IRL faceclaims or would realistic artwork be allowed? Also looking at your gallery/lore, where do other stormtrooper subtypes sit, such as the Imperial Storm Commandos? Though it seems you have your slots with what's here sans one.

Tentative interest with another maybe, do you prefer IRL faceclaims or would realistic artwork be allowed? Also looking at your gallery/lore, where do other stormtrooper subtypes sit, such as the Imperial Storm Commandos? Though it seems you have your slots with what's here sans one.
Hello! IRL faceclaims are fine, as are artwork sans anything anime-styled. A Storm Commando would be fine as well- I welcome the variation in trooper specializations. As for slots, well, you'd be our tenth trooper/merc assuming that everyone interested so far posts a sheet that gets approved.

Last edited:
I am really liking the amount of people showing interest in this non-Force centric RP and the diversity of troopers!

Assassins Creed Running GIF

Get me in this...

GET ME IN TH-

*ahem* I mean very interested thank you for the check!

Well this situation certainly looks familiar. Very much interested amigo!

Hello there, long time no see.

Given that this thread is already quite popular, I'm unsure if there's more room (I guess I'm just slow to the mark).

But I'll express my genuine interest should a spot open up.

Good to see you buddy! Right now I'm taking on as many as possible, still very few sheets that have been finalized and even then I might boost up the limit to 12 or 14!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back