• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Republic Remnant

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Not long ago, a star wars rp tried to take off, but since the 'GM' for it fell off the face of the planet, and me and a few people still had interest, me and a good friend cooked this up. I'll apologize before hand that this isn't flashy or coded.

This RP will be set about a month and a half after the fall of the jedi, and execution of order 66. Not every jedi died in the fateful order and betrayal, we all know that. Some went into hiding...but where could they hide? This will be a story focusing on those escaped jedi and loyalists to the republic, who followed a hidden broadcast on the planet Drongar (which we'll talk about more in a second here.) Me and RayPurchase RayPurchase will be Co-DM'ing this, and we'll keep us progressing and rolling along.

What we're looking for
It's not much to ask for I think. We just want a dedicated and small group to start with, and then we may open up to larger recruitment as things take off. If you don't have MASSIVE star wars knowledge, that's fine, I'll gladly point you towards Wookieepedia, which is like a freaking star wars bible.
We'll have a small cast, as already stated. 1-2 Jedi masters, a handful of knights and padawans, and ONE antagonist to start with (Yes, we'll probably bother you in a small one on one to clear it, we're not going to be totally impossible though, just want to make sure we don't make it TOO hard to start.)
A minimum of ONE paragraph please, it's hard to keep a story rolling with one liners. If it's almost impossible to get much out, we understand but it's best to give people something to work with.

What you can expect from us
Ray is a capable person, and he's on pretty frequently, so he'll be around and helping keep things rolling quite often.
I'm a homebody, with far too much free-time, so I'll almost always be around.
Between the two of us, we're pretty decent story crafters (I rather be a humble person than a braggart, so we'll go with decent.), so we'll try to keep posts flowing and interesting.
I'll be taking on the role of a knight/padawan, and ray will be a loyalist captain of his own ship, with a small crew of npc's (or you, if you want)

Your new home
Drongar is a planet located on the outer-rim, and during the war with the CIS, it was actually fought over quite a bit due to a plant called 'bota'. Bota had the ability to enhance force powers, and medicinal effects for each species. But, due to a mutation in the plant, it became worthless (unless it was shipped off world before the mutation in carbonite storage), meaning both the republic and the CIS packed their bags and left.
The planet isn't exactly 'nice'. It's got a breathable atmosphere consisting of oxygen, but it's flooded with spores which cause spleen-rot (I'll let you guess what the disease does. It's extremely deadly and painful). So without proper protection before or during exposure, you're not gonna have a good time. The abandoned jedi outpost which will be your Home base, is stocked with pills to make the spores ineffective on your system for a time. The outpost is set on Jessarak Highlands, in a bubble shield which is acting as a bio-sphere. Thanks to the elevated area, you won't die IMMEDIATELY on leaving the bubble if you didn't take a pill, but it's ill advised to stay out for long.
There's a selection of issue's on the planet besides the spores. 90% humidity, monsoons regularly, and UNGODLY temperatures that just seem to keep going up. But when you weigh the choices between a tough life, and terrible death by imperial firing line...well, you're choice really.
Some of the living threats you'll be watching out for is Fire gnats, Purple Stingwort, and wrigglers. For more information on what these are, just look at drongar's page on wookieepedia...or go in totally blind, have your character be blind to these threats, and have it evolve organically as an understanding. That'd be interesting too, if that's what you want.
Near the jedi outpost the group is based out of, is an assortment of battlefields. In these you'll find the usual...rotting and decaying droid bodies and machines of war, clone armor littered about (with occupant likely still inside).

What else?
If we can get some interest in this, we'll be putting up a CS, an OOC, and even a suggestions thread in order to keep people involved in the shaping of the planet we're based on. Drongar is pretty scarce info wise...which is actually great. It means we can evolve it as we see fit, so long as we keep what we've got in mind.

Nivi Nivi Elekta Kount Elekta Kount RikuXIII RikuXIII Abendrot Abendrot

Last edited:
I might be interested in joining perhaps as a hired Smuggler who's sympathetic to the Jedi as he sees them as "Not being dicks unlike the Federation..."

I don't see why not. I can imagine the empire would have begun to push sweeping changes for trade and the likes within the month and a half time.

Actually, just had a second thought. I would be up for playing as part of Ray's crew (If RayPurchase RayPurchase is okay with that?) I'd like to be a electrician?

I can be a Jedi! I'm thinking he escaped Order 66 because he fell in love with a woman, and faked his own death so he could live semi-peacefully. Then Order 66 happened, and they packed up for Drongar.

Let's see that's....five people who poked interest. Alright.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford keep in mind that jedi are forbidden from emotional attachment, which includes marriage (unless you're ki adi mundi, who had to get married because of his species shitty birth rate.). So not only would your character be hunted by the empire, you'd be getting looks from the other jedi for breaking code.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Me and or ray will get in touch with you shortly then.

Let's see that's....five people who poked interest. Alright.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford keep in mind that jedi are forbidden from emotional attachment, which includes marriage (unless you're ki adi mundi, who had to get married because of his species shitty birth rate.). So not only would your character be hunted by the empire, you'd be getting looks from the other jedi for breaking code.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Me and or ray will get in touch with you shortly then.
Hey, just adds more drama. He'll probably be at odds with the other Jedi anyway.

Once I get in touch with ray, I'll get the other threads linked and the likes. Wanted to make sure we got interest first, before we put too much up. No point in preparing everything, if no one bites, y'know?

I'm looking forward to it. But remember, stay in the shield bubble, or take your pill. Spleen rot well...rots your spleen...quickly at that. It's unpleasant to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back