• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: An Old Republic Story OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna
Nope XD I have read the posts up till this point. Didn't even know if the roleplay was open or running to start reading them and possibly get my hopes up.

Before I decide to make a CS though, is this just a freeform roleplay with just...kind of do your thing and meet up with others and plan as we go with world/story building? Or is there actually a story and plans already made?

--
Speaking of which, which era is the roleplay taking period in?
Any canon characters from the books, comics, show, movies?

Nothingness Nothingness That's fair. I've had that happen a few times.

There's kinda plot? *Shrugs* more or less it's free form with discussion as for what we would like to have happen. The plot is there will be an assassination attempt on the Republic/Imperial representatives with an ensuing chase/investigation that forces the Sith and Jedi to work together to prevent breaking the of the treaty of Corasunt and the war starting again.

Also, it's Old Republic era. It's not Disney canon as far as I'm aware? Even though they do allow the MMO for now. This is at least 3,000 years before the prequels.

Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna
So aside from that Sith and Jedi/Republic working together to pretty much stop the war from starting again, its mainly free-form?

GhostieGao GhostieGao
So its Old Republic era and it's about 3,000 years before the prequels of the movies(assuming that's what you meant), so the roleplay is based around the time of the MMO then?

Pretty much, since it's just been the four of us up to now. For the most part un-named NPC's can be controlled by anyone. If you have ideas on what you would like to do feel free to plot with others here and have fun! I don't consider myself to be "in charge" so much as filling in the gaps. ^_^ I do know the other's are good enough with character development to be able to handle a little more going on.

Yes, it's 3,000 or more years before Phantom Menace. The RP is taking place a few years before the start of the game, mostly so we're not constrained by that. Also, depending on when in the game we're going with and which we're counting as canon (as there are 8 storylines and only a few of them match up consistently as it's meant to be the player's choice on which one of the stories is properly canon in the playthrough. Really, it would've worked just as well as a single player game. (*insert game rant*)

but, the happenings of this story wouldn't apply to the game, just the time setting.

GhostieGao GhostieGao Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna
Apologies for the constant questions.
Though I have one more.

Since you said that the roleplay is taking place a few years before the start of the SWTOR game. I'm guessing this means that the roleplay also is taking place after the Mandalorian War from KOTOR?

Bah! Lore keeper?! AH! *hides under box*

Yes, it is Cold War era, so loooong time after Mandalorian War. Revan, Malek, et al are basically legend, same for all from KOTOR 2.

Nothingness Nothingness I feel as though there should be some sort of conflict with the local security force as your character tried to leave the hangar.

I'm sure they would have looked the other way if there had been a bribe or some other form of compensation offered to them.

While landing may have been granted they would still require some sort of documentation from that individual. Legitimate or false or a bribe.

XxJadePhoenixX XxJadePhoenixX How do you feel about Cadence being captured?

I was thinking about getting the explosives planted then cutting to the negotiating scene, and seeing them off. But then with Cadence coming up to the roof the idea of capturing her came to mind.

Hungry for violence? How many people usually ask what you're doing with a gun in their hand? A drawn weapon is already an escalation, what Cadence did could be argued as self-defense. Also, the thrown lightsaber was more of a distraction than an attack. Even if it hits it wouldn't do very much against beskar. 🤷‍♀️

Police. Military. Mercenaries.

Chuka wasn't pointing the gun at Cadence. Gun in hand, not pointed at Cadence. Cadence's immediate response was to throw a lightsaber.

Did you not just prove that he was right to be armed? Also, not every Mando can afford beskar and I'm not going to assume what Chuka's armor is made of.

If a police officer is talking to you with a gun in their hand that's absolutely wrong. That's not a casual chat, that's an active threat.

That--kind of explains a lot, actually. >.>

An officer shouldn't draw a weapon unless they believe you're a suspect or a potential danger to them. Cadence did nothing wrong, she was at worse trespassing and Chuka clearly isn't the local police. He didn't need to point the weapon at her, the fact he's holding it at all is still a threat. At least that's how Cadence viewed it. ><

That's fine, but from Helia's perspective, that's a gross overreaction. And, because she's mostly grown up on the outer rim her thought is to protect Chuka. Even if he were to wear beskar and be mostly safe, that's a lightsaber. That can cut through the stuff at the joints, hit a jetpack and cause an explosion. So she's not trying to destroy the saber, just knock it off course and save Chuka any headache.

Nothingness Nothingness Just so you are aware, the room you just got is going to be on the floor below the Republic delegation. They have secured the whole floor, with the Sith securing the floor above them. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back