• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Star Chronicles: A New Light - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Thrace

Worshipping Emilia-tan
Roleplay Type(s)
Star_Chronicles.png

OUT OF CHARACTER THREAD

Introduction

All beings, once they are born, long for the stars. They look up into the dark skies, and feel the call of the small sparkles of light. They look at them and find gods, hope, mysteries, or even the future. Even as they are constrained to their own planet, entire civilizations have their existence decided by what their members see in the stars. But stars have far more to offer than religion, constellations or astrology. In their quest to reach for them, one after another, countless civilizations developed the technology to escape their homeworlds, their home systems, and finally, to become faster than light itself, only to discover that they were not alone. The Milky Way is a galaxy thriving with life, some of it more bizarre than the rest, but all of it moving ahead, following the same path of evolution and development. The galaxy is filled with countless nations traveling between the stars, or still being confined beneath their skies. A thriving galactic community exists, thriving, communicating, trading, and expanding. But when peace exists, war must also come, and this cycle is endlessly repeated everywhere. No one truly knows if something as fickle as fate even exists, but if it does, the fate of the galaxy is decided in every moment by those living in it.

You are the leader of your own nation, be it one that has already conquered the stars, spread throughout countless planets, or one that has yet to conquer the skies. Or maybe you are the leader of a faction, a group, or an organization somewhere between the stars. It is your duty to lead your people to greatness, and to ensure their survival in the vast emptiness of space. There are plenty of stars friend, and you will be the one to write your own Star Chronicles.

Description

Hello, and welcome to Star Chronicles: A New Light, the reboot of the old Star Chronicles roleplay. It is a sci-fi roleplay set in the Milky Way galaxy, where you can play as your own nation or faction, interact with others and decide the fate of the galaxy. You will create your own nation and faction and lead them throughout the roleplay. As in most nation roleplays, you will control your nation mostly through your characters, but also through normal actions. Our main focus here is to create interesting stories that all participants can enjoy. If you are new to such roleplays, do not worry - we will be more than happy to help, and if you are already used to them, make yourselves at home!

This will be the out of character thread for the roleplay! We do mainly use a Discord server for OOC discussions, so if you are interested in joining it, you can send a PM to one of the GM's, but for site-side OOC discussions, you can use this thread!
Or you can use this invite!

Last edited:
just finished my character app. Since I mention an alien race (where her starship was initially derived from) do I need to make an parade of sheets for them? Even if their military was dissolved and they are pretty much just scattered to the far corners of the galaxy? I don't intend to RP them or anything else of them besides the Lupinara.

Duy! I forgot the Hooks and goals. fixed

just finished my character app. Since I mention an alien race (where her starship was initially derived from) do I need to make an parade of sheets for them? Even if their military was dissolved and they are pretty much just scattered to the far corners of the galaxy? I don't intend to RP them or anything else of them besides the Lupinara.
You certainly could, but if it's not that important then it wouldn't be necessary, don't worry about it.

I will try to review your app and Pixel Symphony's tomorrow, they both look very impressive!

You certainly could, but if it's not that important then it wouldn't be necessary, don't worry about it.

I will try to review your app and Pixel Symphony's tomorrow, they both look very impressive!
I can work on it casually then, since it won't be an absolute requirement. if for no reason other than additional fluff. And thank you :)

Similar to Mudergurl, I mention a galaxy-wide organization that I don't actually intend on playing as, I assume it's the same situation?

Similar to Mudergurl, I mention a galaxy-wide organization that I don't actually intend on playing as, I assume it's the same situation?
Yeah, as long as you don't intend to actually play as it, you don't have to make an app for it

Thrace Thrace
I do have a question regarding Nadia's ship, now that I think about it. I have some general descriptions, and I also have bullet-pointed lists of features. Do you need me to go into more detail on some of the features? Like, the specifics of the FTL travel, or is this kind of just left to sci-fi ambiguity? I just ask because I have no idea how much definition people are expected to put into the rudiments of their starcraft. Like, if someone has an armada, do they need to list all the weapon and defense systems as well as the payload of their munitions? are we listing maximum speed and maneuverability? stuff like that. I just ask because Nation Builders tend to get to the point of PvP and then that stuff becomes rather pertinent.

Thrace Thrace
I do have a question regarding Nadia's ship, now that I think about it. I have some general descriptions, and I also have bullet-pointed lists of features. Do you need me to go into more detail on some of the features? Like, the specifics of the FTL travel, or is this kind of just left to sci-fi ambiguity? I just ask because I have no idea how much definition people are expected to put into the rudiments of their starcraft. Like, if someone has an armada, do they need to list all the weapon and defense systems as well as the payload of their munitions? are we listing maximum speed and maneuverability? stuff like that. I just ask because Nation Builders tend to get to the point of PvP and then that stuff becomes rather pertinent.
I've never particularly been a big fan of numbers or details that are too scientific - I'm in it for the story more than for the competition. So generally when it comes to battles or fights, we tend to try to convince the players to focus on the story instead of just focusing on who wins and loses.

Of course, people who want to add so many small details can do it, but it's certainly not a requirement.

Some basic things are of course expected just for us to get a rough sense of what a spaceship is like. To look at what you mentioned:
1. Just what kind of FTL travel it is. Is it an FTL jump, so instantaneous travel, or something like a warp drive?
2. Certainly not all weapons and defense system, you can just mention what type of weapons it generally uses (laser/kinetic, and so on) and whether it has shields or armor
3. Payload and munitions and maximum speed and maneuverability are certainly not required, but you could mention if it the ship is meant to be faster and maneuverable or not.

*Note - I haven't actually read your ship description yet, so I don't know what exactly you wrote for it already, but general descriptions and some bullet pointed lists of features sound more than alright

I've never particularly been a big fan of numbers or details that are too scientific - I'm in it for the story more than for the competition. So generally when it comes to battles or fights, we tend to try to convince the players to focus on the story instead of just focusing on who wins and loses.

Of course, people who want to add so many small details can do it, but it's certainly not a requirement.

Some basic things are of course expected just for us to get a rough sense of what a spaceship is like. To look at what you mentioned:
1. Just what kind of FTL travel it is. Is it an FTL jump, so instantaneous travel, or something like a warp drive?
2. Certainly not all weapons and defense system, you can just mention what type of weapons it generally uses (laser/kinetic, and so on) and whether it has shields or armor
3. Payload and munitions and maximum speed and maneuverability are certainly not required, but you could mention if it the ship is meant to be faster and maneuverable or not.

*Note - I haven't actually read your ship description yet, so I don't know what exactly you wrote for it already, but general descriptions and some bullet pointed lists of features sound more than alright
I think you will probably be alright with most of what's there as far as detail. Most of the weapons aren't overly eaborate, and those that needed some explaining have it already. I will elaborate on the FTL drive that the ship uses though.

I think you will probably be alright with most of what's there as far as detail. Most of the weapons aren't overly eaborate, and those that needed some explaining have it already. I will elaborate on the FTL drive that the ship uses though.
You just have to mention if it's a jump drive, or a portal, or a warp drive - just because there will be a big difference between whether the ship instantly travels or enters the hyperspace or something like that.
And I think that the rest should be more than alright, I'll have some time tomorrow to review the apps xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back