• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Star Chronicles: A New Light - Lore

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Thrace

Worshipping Emilia-tan
Roleplay Type(s)
Star_Chronicles.png

LORE THREAD

Introduction

All beings, once they are born, long for the stars. They look up into the dark skies, and feel the call of the small sparkles of light. They look at them and find gods, hope, mysteries, or even the future. Even as they are constrained to their own planet, entire civilizations have their existence decided by what their members see in the stars. But stars have far more to offer than religion, constellations or astrology. In their quest to reach for them, one after another, countless civilizations developed the technology to escape their homeworlds, their home systems, and finally, to become faster than light itself, only to discover that they were not alone. The Milky Way is a galaxy thriving with life, some of it more bizarre than the rest, but all of it moving ahead, following the same path of evolution and development. The galaxy is filled with countless nations traveling between the stars, or still being confined beneath their skies. A thriving galactic community exists, thriving, communicating, trading, and expanding. But when peace exists, war must also come, and this cycle is endlessly repeated everywhere. No one truly knows if something as fickle as fate even exists, but if it does, the fate of the galaxy is decided in every moment by those living in it.

You are the leader of your own nation, be it one that has already conquered the stars, spread throughout countless planets, or one that has yet to conquer the skies. Or maybe you are the leader of a faction, a group, or an organization somewhere between the stars. It is your duty to lead your people to greatness, and to ensure their survival in the vast emptiness of space. There are plenty of stars friend, and you will be the one to write your own Star Chronicles.

Description

Hello, and welcome to Star Chronicles: A New Light, the reboot of the old Star Chronicles roleplay. It is a sci-fi roleplay set in the Milky Way galaxy, where you can play as your own nation or faction, interact with others and decide the fate of the galaxy. You will create your own nation and faction and lead them throughout the roleplay. As in most nation roleplays, you will control your nation mostly through your characters, but also through normal actions. Our main focus here is to create interesting stories that all participants can enjoy. If you are new to such roleplays, do not worry - we will be more than happy to help, and if you are already used to them, make yourselves at home!

This will be the Lore Thread, where people can post all sorts of lore and information about their nations, characters, or species!

We also have an OOC thread and a Discord server for OOC discussion, and the Discord invite can be obtained from the OOC thread or by sending a PM to one of the GM's!

Malglavelle, Jorayont Capital City, Governor Aveline's Throne Room, Seven Years Before the Present RP

Just outside the palace walls, Pegasus engines screamed, turbolaser towers fired on approaching Confederate forces, and the net was closing on the Governor and his Ascendant Ones government. When the sounds of struggle faded away, the doors shattered inwards, and many figures stood in the wreckage.

With access to all kinds of intelligence briefings, Aveline recognized the figures in long white coats, and the woman who led them. Leading the team of Intelligence agents was Tara Gladstone, a young but highly effective member of Confederate Intelligence. Her CI-28 pistol was drawn, and aimed in Aveline's direction.

As the agents moved forward between the marble columns, the Governor heard glass breaking overhead, and saw several soldiers of the Naval Assault Corps. They were coming down on cables tethered to the Pegasus ships overhead, rappelling down through the shattered skylight.

Even before the commando leader removed his helmet, Aveline knew who it would be. "Lieutenant Michael Embry. I'm surprised to see you back here. You were so sad when you left last time. I bet you couldn't even rappel down here without a hit of stimulant."

A flash of anger surged across Embry's face, but it was quickly suppressed. "It's Lieutenant Commander now, Governor. Your intelligence reports are out of date. And I don't feel anything anymore. I avenged my losses a million times over on your subordinates in the Ascendant Ones. Imagine how I felt when I found out you orchestrated it all along? The Ascendant Ones, the secession of Jorayont, the first attacks, the entire Civil War! None of that matters now though. Vice Admiral Dufrene is in orbit now, with the entire L'Toile Marine Core Armada. This is the end for you."

Aveline looked at the Intelligence and Assault Corps teams in front of him, as more and more poured in from every entrance. He began to clap slowly, and then began to laugh. "You've done a fine job Michael, Tara, in cornering me here. But you really think this is the end? No. It's just beginning."

Tired of listening, Tara and Embry both fired shots at Aveline. They impacted, and left holes in his chest and the side of his head. But instead of falling, the Governor's wounds healed, and then his body changed into something dark and shapeless, in a state of flux, until it finally solidified into the massive form of a Delieggen. "The real Governor Aveline is perfectly safe, somewhere dogs like you will never find him." When the Confederate forces opened again, the Delieggen changed his form, and a turbolift opened. He hurried down, and called after the Confederate forces, "I'd leave if I were you. Not every race uses starships and hyperdrives to move around."

When the doors opened again, the Dodspoke officer entered a room where a ring filled with light waited. The Aveline double stepped through the gate, and for a moment, everything faded to blackness.

Then he was back on Karlaazen, basking in the warm glow of the lava falls that illuminated the travel hub.

While they intended to pursue, Tara and Embry suddenly became conscious of ticking all around them. Understanding what the noise meant, the Confederate forces all evacuated quickly, and moments later, the massive palace collapsed, burying the gate, the throne room, and everything else important beneath the rubble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back