• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Star Chronicles: A New Light [Sci-Fi, Open]

Thrace

Worshipping Emilia-tan
Roleplay Type(s)
Star_Chronicles.png

RECRUITMENT THREAD

Introduction

All beings, once they are born, long for the stars. They look up into the dark skies, and feel the call of the small sparkles of light. They look at them and find gods, hope, mysteries, or even the future. Even as they are constrained to their own planet, entire civilizations have their existence decided by what their members see in the stars. But stars have far more to offer than religion, constellations or astrology. In their quest to reach for them, one after another, countless civilizations developed the technology to escape their homeworlds, their home systems, and finally, to become faster than light itself, only to discover that they were not alone. The Milky Way is a galaxy thriving with life, some of it more bizarre than the rest, but all of it moving ahead, following the same path of evolution and development. The galaxy is filled with countless nations traveling between the stars, or still being confined beneath their skies. A thriving galactic community exists, thriving, communicating, trading, and expanding. But when peace exists, war must also come, and this cycle is endlessly repeated everywhere. No one truly knows if something as fickle as fate even exists, but if it does, the fate of the galaxy is decided in every moment by those living in it.

You are the leader of your own nation, be it one that has already conquered the stars, spread throughout countless planets, or one that has yet to conquer the skies. Or maybe you are the leader of a faction, a group, or an organization somewhere between the stars. It is your duty to lead your people to greatness, and to ensure their survival in the vast emptiness of space. There are plenty of stars friend, and you will be the one to write your own Star Chronicles.

Description

Hello, and welcome to Star Chronicles: A New Light, the reboot of the old Star Chronicles roleplay. It is a sci-fi roleplay set in the Milky Way galaxy, where you can play as your own nation or faction, interact with others and decide the fate of the galaxy. You will create your own nation and faction and lead them throughout the roleplay. As in most nation roleplays, you will control your nation mostly through your characters, but also through normal actions. Our main focus here is to create interesting stories that all participants can enjoy. If you are new to such roleplays, do not worry - we will be more than happy to help, and if you are already used to them, make yourselves at home!

This will be the recruitment and interest thread of the roleplay. A link to the thread with the application forms will be present, and once most players will be ready, an IC thread will also be uploaded to the website.

We also have a Discord server that is used for OOC talks, if you are interested in joining it, you can send a PM to one of the GM's!

GM TEAM
Thrace Thrace - Drakorphobia Drakorphobia - Archene Archene - The Governor The Governor
APPLICATION THREAD
HERE

OOC THREAD
HERE

Last edited:
I noticed that you have applications for Nations, Species, and Factions, but no application templates for individual characters. Are you not accepting individual characters in this RP?

I noticed that you have applications for Nations, Species, and Factions, but no application templates for individual characters. Are you not accepting individual characters in this RP?
Well, the issue so to speak is that characters need an origin, a nation to come from. Generally we haven't been requiring character sheets because people only made characters from their own nations or factions.

We haven't really had any situations where people wanted to make characters from the nations/factions or other players, or characters without any ties to any nations, but we're a pretty relaxed roleplay. If there is interest for it, we could do it.

It's just that if people want to make characters from a nation or faction of another player, they'll need that player's consent.

Well, the issue so to speak is that characters need an origin, a nation to come from. Generally we haven't been requiring character sheets because people only made characters from their own nations or factions.
Would we really need to submit a nation/faction/Race sheet for Humans of the Sol System? Like, what if my character is just a human? Do y'all have a prescribed version of Earth and the Sol system already, or are you waiting for someone to take that up? I guess I just assumed that Earth and Humans and such were a given.

We haven't really had any situations where people wanted to make characters from the nations/factions or other players, or characters without any ties to any nations, but we're a pretty relaxed roleplay. If there is interest for it, we could do it.

I would be interested in submitting a stand-alone character with no allegiances to a nation. I know that kind of defeats the point of a Nation builder, but Space Opera RPs are so hard to find for me.

Last edited:
Would we really need to submit a nation/faction/Race sheet for Humans of the Sol System? Like, what if my character is just a human? Do y'all have a prescribed version of Earth and the Sol system already, or are you waiting for someone to take that up? I guess I just assumed that Earth and Humans and such were a given.

I would be interested in submitting a stand-alone character with no allegiances to a nation. I know that kind of defeats the point of a Nation builder, but Space Opera RPs are so hard to find for me.
Earth and humans are a given, they do exist. Now, people can apply for Earth and the Sol System as a nation, with the caveat that there are few broad historical strokes that they need to respect - we have other people working on human colonial nations already, and their histories sort of depend on those broad strokes and important events.

Now, as for characters, well, we've been having this roleplay for quite a while now, and characters have always been the main driving force of it, so I don't think that having a character without an allegiance would be impossible. It might be a bit more difficult to find things for that character to do, since the main reason for interactions is still nation/faction-related, but there are plenty of us here who also have a lot of experience doing character roleplay, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I was planning to make a character sheet for people wanting to keep track of their characters anyway - I'll let you know when it's up!

Earth and humans are a given, they do exist. Now, people can apply for Earth and the Sol System as a nation, with the caveat that there are few broad historical strokes that they need to respect - we have other people working on human colonial nations already, and their histories sort of depend on those broad strokes and important events.

Now, as for characters, well, we've been having this roleplay for quite a while now, and characters have always been the main driving force of it, so I don't think that having a character without an allegiance would be impossible. It might be a bit more difficult to find things for that character to do, since the main reason for interactions is still nation/faction-related, but there are plenty of us here who also have a lot of experience doing character roleplay, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I was planning to make a character sheet for people wanting to keep track of their characters anyway - I'll let you know when it's up!
awesome! I will await that Cs, and will need access to those broad strokes and events for the humans as well. :)

So, I'm interested if this is still in the works.
It certainly is! I've just been a little busy - so I wasn't able to add the sheet for individual characters, and most of our old players are talking over in our Discord, working on their sheets.

I am actually somewhat interested in making an unaffiliated character as well, as I'm not much of a nation-runner roleplayer, but am a big fan at digging my way into interesting opportunities. Could I also get a character sheet when you develop it?

Murdergurl Murdergurl Hey, wanna pair up and be spacefarer freelancer partners?

Murdergurl Murdergurl Oh I remember that character from one of your other applications. Yeah I think this would work; I threw together the details of my character so you could compare: Char
nice. I could definitely see a feasible way for them to work together. Nadia being a hammer, and Xi being more of a dagger. lol
Also, check it out! I just finished making Nadia as a 3d render (via Heroforge):

Last edited:
nice. I could definitely see a feasible way for them to work together. Nadia being a hammer, and Xi being more of a dagger. lol
Also, check it out! I just finished making Nadia as a 3d render (via Heroforge):

Niice, I remember using heroforge a long time ago to make a mini for a D&D campaign that the GM 3d printed our characters for: it was pretty cool. Nadia looks like she rendered quite well! Though it's a shame you couldn't get her cybernetic arm.

And yeah, that hammer and sickle dagger dynamic is pretty much what I figured would happen between the two of them. Okay then, sounds like we're in accord! Now we just have to wait for the character sheet.

I am actually somewhat interested in making an unaffiliated character as well, as I'm not much of a nation-runner roleplayer, but am a big fan at digging my way into interesting opportunities. Could I also get a character sheet when you develop it?

Murdergurl Murdergurl Hey, wanna pair up and be spacefarer freelancer partners?
The character sheet will be up later today, it's not that difficult to design but I just haven't had the time to focus on it, sorry for the delay xD

The character sheet will be up later today, it's not that difficult to design but I just haven't had the time to focus on it, sorry for the delay xD
Oh sorry! I didn't mean to imply I was demanding its presence immediately; just whenever you're ready!

I may be interested in jumping into this.

you mentioned broad stroke Sol history and existing factions? Is there a place to find the general lore and existing player nations? (Or any major npc nations/factions if there are any)

Oh sorry! I didn't mean to imply I was demanding its presence immediately; just whenever you're ready!
Don't worry about it - I didn't interpret it as such xD

I just feel a little bad to keep people waiting, that's all!

I may be interested in jumping into this.

you mentioned broad stroke Sol history and existing factions? Is there a place to find the general lore and existing player nations? (Or any major npc nations/factions if there are any)
As of right now only in our Discord, but I could easily get a doc up with the broad stroke Sol history and existing nations/factions later today

As of right now only in our Discord, but I could easily get a doc up with the broad stroke Sol history and existing nations/factions later today

that would be awesome. It looks like I’m going to end up having to dive into discord, I honestly know almost nothing about it but it seems like a lot of folks here use it for ooc and collaboration.

that would be awesome. It looks like I’m going to end up having to dive into discord, I honestly know almost nothing about it but it seems like a lot of folks here use it for ooc and collaboration.
Well, if you don't want to it should be alright - I will publish that doc later today, and we do also have an OOC thread here.

But Discord is indeed much more convenient for OOC chatting than forum threads, which is why a lot of people love to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back