• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ST: USS Athena - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey everyone. I apologize for being the delay. I'm actively working on my post.

Life and work snuck and double teamed me this week. I will post shortly.

Ok, short post is up. Hopefully I don't get bogged down again and have to sift through so much very good and detailed writing again! 😁

I know the feeling. Today my boss has given me a double shift, with a request to do more if I have time. (I won’t.). Lol, still going to try get get something out myself. Torn about what to do next. Introductions are nice, but we eventually need to get the story moving.

Plans: (subject to change)
1. Get settled.
2. Launch
3. Drop by DS9
4. Head up to mission region.
5. Get orders to investigate the disappearance of the DSX Pythias. (Kinda posted this too soon. Forgot we were practically at Earth.)
6. Opening scene at Thonne. (There will be in indigenous alien race that will be referred to as the Thonne there.). I’ll start with orbital scans just like a ST: TOS episode.

I could easily skip to 6. But I thought some scenes during the cruise there, such as 10 Forward type scenes, Ready Room scenes, might be useful. Starfleet designated the Athena a no family posting, with an exception for Rhand. (Rhand restricts his children to the Prometheus unless otherwise requested.)

I know it is hard to do scenes to make characters shine without action, especially for combat types. It will be the Away Team part of the adventure that is going to be where all PC hands should be present. Sitting up on the ship won’t be much fun.

Looks like a good plan, I for one enjoy the interactions between our characters, to me that is a kind of "action" in the story. Those interactions are kind of why I like these sorts of things, but I understand completely about setting scene boundaries so to speak so we can move on with the story. It is easy to get bogged down in character to character interaction.

My favorite Star Trek Episodes were often more about the characters personally, like the NextGen Episodes "Data's Day" or "Lower Decks", and even the Lower Decks series (although that is more entertaining just because of the deliberate comedic references to the other series). So yeah I may fall into the trap of wanting to continue a character to character conversation and telling more about Ina's day, than focusing on the issue at hand. If I do do that, please let me know and I am always happy to adjust my entries.

There is going to be a mention for Ina about how her new quarters as one of the bridge crew is like five times bigger and more luxurious than where she lived on DS9 ;-) ("I get my own sonic shower and replicator!??!?!") Ina may never leave her quarters except to work.

Never watched Lower Decks or Picard.

Lower Decks SSN 1 is set about the same time Jon and Diane encounter with the USS Icarus. (2380)

If you enjoy any of the older Star Trek Series (Original Series, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager) I highly recommend Lower Decks, particularly if you need a good laugh, it's a very entertaining Dramedy...and actually does address something not really mentioned before in Star Trek, what does the Federation do as a follow up to First Contact? The characters are fun. (I would say that Tendi, the Orion Science Officer is my favorite of the four...although Mariner and Boimler are very fun and are some how supposed to show up on the next Season of Strange New Worlds)

Picard....is odd and inconsistent for me. To me it is "HARD CORE RATED R" Star Trek, at least in terms of violence. I am not much a fan of the trend of every writer and exec trying to put a high level of Game of Thrones/John Wick like edginess and violence to EVERYTHING be it Star Wars, Star Trek, <insert your favorite TV or movie fandom here>. For Picard, IMO, the first season was..ok, the second was...interesting but seemed to wander all over the place in terms of plot (and everything that happened in the second season was either completely retconned or ignored for the third season), and the third was done for pure Nostalgia and maybe setting up for a new show involving the latest version of the Enterprise.

TLDR...I recommend Lower Decks...Picard is...optional

Umm, is this still going on, or should I shelf this RP? (I know it happens all the time, no big deal, we all get busy)

I think it's still going on. I was debating posting something since we'd be starting a new post order. At least that's my assumption.

I do not know. I generally expect weekly or biweekly posts if an RP is to be considered active - at a minimum. I posted two weeks ago ....

Oh .. and I do not care if people join the scene I created. Personally, I am looking more forward to that scene you always used to get in Star Trek: TOS when it shows the USS Enterprise in orbit around some planet and getting ready for an Away Mission.

Sorry, life and work decided I needed 200 more things to do. I should be able to get something up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Posted!
star trek kirk GIF

Still here. Had an accident at work. Been off my feet a couple days. For the record, I hate working on lift gates.

I am assuming that it wasn't a really serious injury, but I hope you doing better and heal quickly.

The injury by itself was minor. Nothing broken. But I am in late stages of diabetes. While bruising was on inner side of knee and outside of upper thigh, my foot turned gray and black. Had to really watch for infection. Had a fever for a couple days, but color returning to normal. Nearly lost both feet to infection a few years ago. So I am careful.

Back at work. Boss is an idiot. Threw extra work on me today.

I'm really glad you're ok. Keep being careful and take care of yourself.

People are dumb. Do what you can to push through the with and ignore them if you can.

Well, the pace was a little slow. I can barely recall what we were doing. I am used to a weekly cycle at the slowest.

It happens, the last few months for me has been unusually crazy for me life-wise anyway. There are will be other RPs to write I am sure. It was nice writing with you all.

Mitheral Mitheral Eonivar Eonivar thank you for replying. I know there will be. I hope y'all are having a good time (IRL and RP) and that things go well for y'all. If you see something that makes you think of me tag me. And I'll do the same. I've enjoyed RPing with y'all. 😁

lol .. Eonivar Eonivar Your character was going to have serious trouble in the Away team mission. She would have been regarded as an automatic enemy and placed the rest of the crew in the status of being considered idiots for tolerating your presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back