• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ST: USS Athena - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Works for me. I'm getting back in the groove so the more I can work off the better.

Thanks for having me, I will try and get my character together today. I am creating a Bajoran Conn/Flight Officer.

Character posted. Let me know what you think. Please suggest any adjustments i need to make.

Eonivar Eonivar Looks good. The Dominion War ended in 2375. She would have been 12. So the history fits well for her age. LOL, she IS a bit low in rank to be the Conn of a new, prestigious and unique starship. But nothing in her bio suggests she couldn't make the cut. Being Bajoran might even be a factor based on family ties.

LOL, Dr Rhand doesn't like politics, nepotism, etc. He is going to see her as being too inexperienced as is likely to lord over her and watch her in action constantly offering his own brand of critiques. His wife will probably run interference. Of course, the more he digs into her past, the more tolerant he will become. (In his mind most Bajorans are religious nuts.)

Well I could give her a higher rank and have her serve somewhere else for a little bit, but I thought having a new-ish Ensign would work here.

I read through the Main thread, can I post Ensign Opaka's arrival at Starbase 925?

Finally got a post up.

Hopefully we'll get more of a chance to tour the starbase another time. But it sounds like we've got a mission ahead!

ok, I am confused and maybe have missed something and need clarification before I post. Is Ensign Opaka being assigned to the Avalon or the Athena? Or did the name change somewhere? Or is there something else?

ok, I am confused and maybe have missed something and need clarification before I post. Is Ensign Opaka being assigned to the Avalon or the Athena? Or did the name change somewhere? Or is there something else?
I've gone with the Avalon since everyone else has in the thread...but yeah, the name of the thread is the Athena isn't it...

I've gone with the Avalon since everyone else has in the thread...but yeah, the name of the thread is the Athena isn't it...
Gotcha...a ship is a ship in Ina's eyes. I will go with Avalon.

there I got Ina's post up. Hopefully everyone is good with it. ;-)

Off to Bed. Good night.

Short post just to give everyone a chance to talk, set up scenes, etc.

The mission area will be out on the fringes of known space. Wolf 359 is about 8 LY from Earth. So there will be some travel time before the ship even gets to the mission region and the Captain gets his assignment to search for the Pytheas.

https://i.redd.it/9ssp4vd9aujz.gif (probably the better map for general placement, but less realistic in showing neutral zones and unexplored space)

Star Trek Galaxy Map (really wish this maps borders weren't cut off)

The map links above are about the best I have found.
I am trying to decide where to place the mission region:

A. Gamma Quadrant (toward Dominion territory)
This takes the ship away from Klingons and Romulans, and past the Breen and Ferengi, as well as the First Federation. It keeps the ship closer to Bajor, DS9, etc.

B. Delta Quadrant (toward Borg territory)

Oooh going through to the Gamma Quadrant would be very interesting for Opaka Ina. She is a bit scared to go through her “Celestial Temple” since both her father and her grandmother went to the Gamma quadrant and never came back.

But I am good with either choice though.

Gamma Quadrant vote from me. Mostly because the Borg are a little overdone and the Picard show just reminded me how awesome the Changelings are.

I also would cast a vote for Gamma Quadrant. I've always liked DS9 abd I feel like Delta would be a bit too far away considering how long Voyager was gone.

Never liked the Borg idea since the very first introduction of them. Worst addition ever made to Star Trek.

Never much liked Ferengi either, though DS9 did do a lot for reversing that notion. In fact, the two year old son of Dr Rhand is supposed to grow up to be good friends with a female Ferengi (descendent of Dr Reyga and first Ferengi female accepted into the Academy) in a future setting of the early 25th century.

Oh, FYI, neither the Gamma or Delta quadrants are that far away. The Dominion and Borg are each on the far sides of those quadrants respectively. (How convenient.) Anyways, I also preferred the Gamma quadrant. The first scenario fits in either. The big enemy for the story is pretty small as evil empires go, though they have the capacity to expand explosively. There will be multiple first contact scenarios as well.

if anyone wants to interact with Ina here at the loading deck let me know and I can wait, otherwise I was going to get Ina settled in.

She is one of many Ensigns so she is not going to go out of her way to interact with any of the bridge crew initially.

(Yes, I just finished binging all three seasons of Lower Decks last weekend)

She will probably be regularly assigned duty at the Helm during Beta, Gamma or Delta shift (yeah those insidious delta shifters…) with other various duties.

I was thinking maybe the original Helm Officer they picked may have had an accident or is transferred or leaves Stsrfleet or disappears at the last minute and that is how Ina gets assigned to Alpha shift.

As they gain more trust in her I can see them assigning Ina command in one of the later shifts.

So let me know what everyone thinks here and if I should wait on posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back