• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ST: USS Athena - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I am going to try to leave those details up to the Captain. As a Conn officer his quarters should be near the Bridge. Doctor would have quarters near Sick Bay, etc. At least those are the default assignments. Captain can change that as well.

The Promethean crew has quarters in their ship. This is mainly because of their kids, whom they don’t want wandering around the Athena. The four year old has entered the human octopus stage already - wanting to grab anything she can get her fingers around. The two year has a serious case of the zoomies.

The parents have no shift. They can be found on any shift.

I'll get a reply up sometime today. Honestly Frost is always full of surprises, like promoting his Second officer to First Officer and 2 whole ranks on his first day.

Frost is more of a battle-field promotion kind of guy. If you prove yourself, he moves you somewhere that you are best suited.

I also haven't decided if he's gotten information from some old friends in Starfleet to change promotions.

Also Epiphany Epiphany would this be the same Kimberly from the Freedom or a different one?

I'll get a reply up sometime today. Honestly Frost is always full of surprises, like promoting his Second officer to First Officer and 2 whole ranks on his first day.

Frost is more of a battle-field promotion kind of guy. If you prove yourself, he moves you somewhere that you are best suited.

I also haven't decided if he's gotten information from some old friends in Starfleet to change promotions.

Also Epiphany Epiphany would this be the same Kimberly from the Freedom or a different one?
My intent was this would be the same Kimberly, she just followed him over.

I'll see if I can get a post up soon as well. I think John would be happy to greet Kimberly as well as the new ensign. Not too mention he's going to be polite and friendly to all the officers, until proven otherwise, as they all out rank him.

I have the scenes where Jonathan and Diane were first encountered by the Federation. This would be about 7 years earlier. The details of the encounter would be Classified. (The Captain would have access to this. Counselor Edi was there.)

The T'sun Dai were a WF 3 civilization.

Well since Ina does not quite have that sort of clearance yet I will refrain from reading just for her sake ;-)

If it's cool with you guys, I think I'm gonna write up a story on Markus's perspective during the Wolf 359 battle. It would be unclassified for the Doctor, Senior staff, counselor and any others he deemed fit (the Master Chief.) Let me know if you all would like that.

It’s funny, despite so many episodes being about Bajor and Bajorans, there is not much on their particular culture.

I have rewatched some of the early season one episodes of DS9 that were about Bajor (mainly the ones with Kai Opaka)…and there is not a lot about Bajoran customs like handshakes.

I do not think they handshake, think they do a bow and have a greeting for other Bajorans but not outsiders.

I know Kira when on duty is very keen on addressing everyone by rank and title. (Except for Kai Opaka…but she is not in the military) . But I am not sure if that is a Kira thing or a Bajoran thing or just a military thing or all of the above.

I have looked through most of the sites online for any other details.

Any suggestions and references are welcome.

Eonivar Eonivar Well, this is the fandom link. Within are links to a little more info about Bajor. But yeah, kinda bleak.

Jon has visited DS9 and Bajor briefly. He knows a little of the language. Diane is fluent. The only reason these two made a study of the planet was its importance regarding the Gamma quadrant. But, for the record, Jon loves the food. It is the best thing he discovered there.

Jon's knowledge of the Bajoran language is very basic conversational (Greetings, etc), asking for directions, scientific lingo, and how to order food. Fir the record, this is also how I learn languages I don't have time to become fluent in.

Last edited:
It’s funny, despite so many episodes being about Bajor and Bajorans, there is not much on their particular culture.

I have rewatched some of the early season one episodes of DS9 that were about Bajor (mainly the ones with Kai Opaka)…and there is not a lot about Bajoran customs like handshakes.

I do not think they handshake, think they do a bow and have a greeting for other Bajorans but not outsiders.

I know Kira when on duty is very keen on addressing everyone by rank and title. (Except for Kai Opaka…but she is not in the military) . But I am not sure if that is a Kira thing or a Bajoran thing or just a military thing or all of the above.

I have looked through most of the sites online for any other details.

Any suggestions and references are welcome.
The most striking thing I recall is that Kira claps 'weirdly'. One might infer Bajorans don't clap hands palm to palm but back of one hand to palm.

Googling "ds9 kra clapping gif" will be illuminating.

But this is also the same show where Riker Sits is a thing.

Sounds like you're free to invent whatever you want for culture. Or you can say the Ensign's learned the 'human' handshake and just does that by reflex with people who aren't Bajorans.

Yeah the Bajorans based on what I read clap to the the back of one hand into the palm of the other.

Wow ... been trying to make heads or tails of maps, Warp Speeds, etc to get a feel for things like how far Bajor and DS9 are from Earth, how far the edge of known space is, size of the various star empires and UFP, as well as how long it takes to get from Earth to DS9, then the mission area.

The map I like best sets Bajor about 1600 LY from Earth (vague guess). Analysis if Canon references make it more like 250 LY. And another set the distance at 52 LY. Klingon and Romulan Empires are about 200-250 LY away from Earth. (The map is off by a magnitude of 10.)

The galactic map of the quadrants is just as far off from all the canon sources.

The galactic map of the quadrants is just as far off from all the canon sources.
That is the whole thing though, the "Canon" sources are vague to say the least. The writers of the show did not say "They will follow this path on this map we made" they said, "this occurs at this location we made up for story purposes" it did not really matter to them where everything was on the map.

The star date calculator I posted above also has links to info about all sorts of species. Click on Species in the yellow buttons across the top, then Bajorans. Someone did some research.

Looks like it would take 72 days at WF 8.5 (max cruise). To go 250 LY. Slipstream can travel 300 LY per hour (up to 12 hours). Might suggest a “shakedown cruise” of the slipstream drive to get to DS9. Then a second slip to the mission area. Even if we use a UFP that is 5000 LY across (and 2000 LY from Earth to Bajor) it would only take hours.

The Milky Way is 100,000 LY across. I don’t think we are in danger of running out of space.

The star date calculator I posted above also has links to info about all sorts of species. Click on Species in the yellow buttons across the top, then Bajorans. Someone did some research.
I looked there, and it’s a decent summary of the what I have found mostly elsewhere. I think I will just need to do as was suggested and kind of make up my own little details about the Bajoran mannerisms as we go and make sure that I keep them consistent.

It’s interesting to think about the impact of the newer generation that came out of the occupation after ten thousand years of consistent caste and religious society.

I was waiting for everyone to get a reply in but if yall don't have anything atm I can type something up

I was hoping for Ina to chat a little bit with Burns and Kimberly and maybe the others around, the Chief, and maybe Diane (particularly if she wants to warn Ina about the Councillor.

Also will Ina get put in the character list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back