• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern sS. OOC 「ooc.open」

Hey there(:

I'm in love with this concept, read everything there is to absorb, and would absolutely love to contribute a character or two. I'll introduce myself in the meantime (Call me Rae!) and will hopefully have the pair up soon. I'm acquiring a laptop Thursdayish, so that'll likely be when they're posted- I couldn't fathom using your beautiful coding via mobile.

Uhh... i hate to be a pain in the butt, and I know I asked lots about the paranormals before, but I have a little question that I feel is important:

What about those that aren't even aware of their abilities? Or what about family? For example, in my backstory, Chloe's family is completely normal, right? Does that even work out? Can you be the descendent of a Paranormal being and its abilities only spark in very few people, but some others can, essentially, be normal humans?

And what about the glamour? I guess this depends on whether your power is that of a non-humanoid creature or not, but wouldn't Paranormals who don't quite know what they are be discovered, as they didn't buy glamour?

@Raerae; hey there! I'll be sure to keep you in mind, and take your time reading. I know there's a lot to get through. >___<;;

@Sunbather; Think of it this way, its all in the genetics. Some genes can skip several generations before it is visible in a person. Its the same concept with the Paranormals. Most Paranormals know they are because they grew up knowing--whether it was through environmental and social interactions, or their family line left documentation of their family line.

However, like Chloe, there are some that don't know. Her family is probably so muddled into normal humans, that even if her parents possibly had any trace of Paranormal, it wouldn't be active. By random chance Chloe inherited the blood from a long long time ancestor.

Glamour comes in various different forms. Some Paranormals (like Crowley whom is not posted up yet >8U) can use spells or concoctions to cover up whatever might stick out and seem incredibly abnormal. Others who can't hide their forms (say a wolfman that can't change back to human for a few days or someone with horns), will have to buy a liquid potion to drink. It lasts for a good few days before you have to drink another. Glamour is mainly used to hide attributes and characteristics that are otherwise considered "scary" and "strange."

If the person (who doesn't know) is a Paranormal and doesn't show any outwardly signs that they are (no gills, no horns, no tails, no strange markings, etc), then they don't actually need to use Glamour. But of course, if the person starts to show signs of weird things on their bodies, then.. they might want to try and figure out how to cover it up. But by then, an older Paranormal would be bound to have noticed them and would help them by explaining and giving them Glamour. It's not uncommon for Paranormals to help each other in order to keep their identities secret.

Also, great questions!

I'm adding a Q&A section on the Notes page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just imagine someone growing feathers out of their head and someone asking "What is that...?" while pointing at it. xD

They will soon be met by the self proclaimed Glamour Fairy xD

"Uhm... dude? You... you have a snout growing on your face. WHY DO YOU HAVE A SNOUT GROW-AAAH GOD, FANGS TOO!"

*slouches* "Oh great, it had to happen in public..."

*everyone runs away*

"You mean you guys don't have that?"

xD

Sunbather said:
Okay, so I figured I might as well take initiative, heh.
@King Sabby I feel like Summer and Chloe would either get along extremely well or really badly. No inbetween. I think it might make for a more engaging start to have them know each other losely, and dislike each other. Or at least one dislikes the other, while the other is actually kind of fond of the other. Something like that. They share some things, like the anxious part, but are opposites in others, with the talkative/extroverted nature of Summer, whereas Chloe is very reserved.
@Sunbather

I can see Chloe and Summer not getting along at first I think they would have an awkward first encounter and it kind of goes downhill from there. They probably could be really good friends if they got to know each other.

Still working on my characters, so sorry it's taken a while. Should be getting my laptop soon, and then I'll have then finished sooner. (:

[QUOTE="Amora Aurora]I completely forgot about this until the interest check was bumped. Gonna start a character asap. I love me some normies <3

[/QUOTE]
You could put a bookmark at the side of the frontpage, so you'll always see it :)

So I had put Monday the 27th. The 27th is Sunday.

We'll be opening Monday the 28th. >____<;;

PREPARE YOURSELVES.

Also, I'm slowly trying to catch myself up.

Please be patient a little longer. ty.

My wonderful internet provider is down, and it's impossible to do anything on this cell phone, so hopefully they'll fix their shit in time for me to finish Vanessa up. Super sorry.

yoooooooooooooooo

i'm so tired but still... hyped for this to start later. :D

Lots of WIP sheets atm though. Anyone knows about those who still need to finish / know when you guys are finished?

^I've sent character info for Rob to Yuuki so they can help me with coding, and will have Anna's in sometime Monday. Hoping to be operational later Monday, though I probably will have to wait until Wednesday to post an intro.

Do you guys think I should push back opening to Wednesday?

Or open today?

Depends on whether you can get definitive confirmation that people will be done by Wednesday. If not, don't, if yes, then I think it's fine.

@AlwaysYours, I know. That's why I was asking. >__<;; There was an influx of profiles that aren't finished, so there was a thought of hesitance. But if you don't want to wait any more, then that's all that needs to be said. xD

I'm making the intro post and goals today. If don't get the post out here within the next couple hours, I'll have it out tonight after 5pm PST. I have class in a couple hours and I'm going through the character list to make sure I have all the stats accounted for.

@Amora Aurora, I love Vanessa ;;^;; She's accepted. =w= b

@too much idea, heeey~ <3

omgggg. Gaiz. I think I got it.

Though, I'm rushing a little so I'm not going to quote people. Stay tuned for an IC post.

Kthx.

I feel like I missed something but still: omgz excite

Actually, maybe it'd be handy to ask H4V0C, CTF and so on how far they are?

@infamous H4V0C @CTF @general ostruppen @too much idea

I'm sure you guys know, but on the off-chance it slipped your mind, I know notifs can be pretty glitchy on here.

Also I looove Vanessa @Amora Aurora I have a soft spot for cutie sheriff girls (tis a movie archetype I can dig) Do you have any ideas / wishes for the extent of which Vanessa and Chloe know each other?

infamous, I already know the situation with them. The others, I will get in contact with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back