• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
mine is coming along, are there any skills that our team could use that we do not have already?
I am thinking that Sniper and any Medical Skills would come in handy. AFAIK, no one has those skills yet.

I am thinking that Sniper and any Medical Skills would come in handy. AFAIK, no one has those skills yet.
That was just the way I was building so that works, one medical professional and sniper coming up....

Will post tonight.

Medical has very limited uses (Read none), we have patches that heal MDC, on our armor, weapons, and mounts.
If something gets past our armor, we just die.

Technically, very possibly, it might get past by only 1, and someone might have stacked enough physical skills to survive literally 1 MDC
But a lot of attacks are like 3d6 plus 6 so the odds of taking only 1 MDC is basically 0.

Sniper skill is good though if you have the right type of single shot very long range MDC weapon, and you can always get some range upgrades for your own vision no scope needed.

Medical has very limited uses (Read none), we have patches that heal MDC, on our armor, weapons, and mounts.
If something gets past our armor, we just die.
I figure if the GM is suggesting it, it may be useful to have. Also the team can run into others beyond those with suits. There are civilians out in the field, a having a good medic around may provide a hiding place or intelligence. I can manage it with my skill programs so I am not worried about it. It gives my character another facet to his personality. We are here to RP not win a war game. ;-)

Question Sherwood Sherwood are we able to take other advanced martial arts from Ninja's and Superspies other than the three you listed in the lore?

I figure if the GM is suggesting it, it may be useful to have. Also the team can run into others beyond those with suits. There are civilians out in the field, a having a good medic around may provide a hiding place or intelligence. I can manage it with my skill programs so I am not worried about it. It gives my character another facet to his personality. We are here to RP not win a war game. ;-)
Cool, just didn't want you going into it, with expectations that aren't in the system.

Question Sherwood Sherwood are we able to take other advanced martial arts from Ninja's and Superspies other than the three you listed in the lore?
No, just those four. Since we aren't using the various powers of Body Hardening, Chi abilities, and the others, I'd have to read up on the chosen style and edit it to replace the powers with some other kind of bonus.

I do have plans for you guys to be able to aid a group of refugees on the run, and having a person with some medical skill couldn't hurt.

Purr Purr and Mirgris Mirgris I need perception rolls from you guys. In Purr's case, I need to know what you and your killer turkey's bonuses are and I can roll for you.

edit Mirgris, you roll for both you and your griffon.

Purr Purr and Mirgris Mirgris I need perception rolls from you guys. In Purr's case, I need to know what you and your killer turkey's bonuses are and I can roll for you.

edit Mirgris, you roll for both you and your griffon.

Is that just a flat twenty sided dice? I thought something got added but nothing I see on my sheet.
(also any bonus for my host armor having various vision bonuses I bought?)

Is that just a flat twenty sided dice? I thought something got added but nothing I see on my sheet.
(also any bonus for my host armor having various vision bonuses I bought?)
I don't see any bonuses on Perception rolls for your character. The biggest bonus is from a high IQ, but yours is not high enough to get the bonus.

Sherwood Sherwood Heya Bud! Chaska's Perception modifier is +5.

Woodstock's Perception modifier is... unknown! If it's here in the Legion book (page 33), I can't find it. Being a predatory bird "nearly as smart as a human," I would think he would have one, but nope. He's got a Surveillance of 75%; that's the best numerical information I can offer.

Concerning Perception in general, Chaska and Woodstock are rotating between vision-types (Thermograph, Infrared, and Ultraviolet if practical). =)

Between the two of us, One of Hearts One of Hearts and I have nearly finished up her character. All she has to do is a few odds and ends and post it in the Character thread and she'll be ready to go.

Eonivar Eonivar How is the progress on your character coming along? Anything I can help out with?

How is the progress on your character coming along? Anything I can help out with?
I do have a question on buying weapons on the host suit. I understand for the various types of guns you buy the base gun first than the next one and the next one and the next one...but I got the impression in reading that initially I can only buy the first version of the gun at level one and then can only upgrade to the next level of gun at level 2l? Is this correct? Or can I spend 100 Bio-E and buy my heavy bore cannon (or whatever) at level one?

I do have a question on buying weapons on the host suit. I understand for the various types of guns you buy the base gun first than the next one and the next one and the next one...but I got the impression in reading that initially I can only buy the first version of the gun at level one and then can only upgrade to the next level of gun at level 2l? Is this correct? Or can I spend 100 Bio-E and buy my heavy bore cannon (or whatever) at level one?
Each progression up on a step-by-step upgrade can only be bought one at a time as you level up. That includes the Ranged Weapon Upgrades like Omni or Super.

Each progression up on a step-by-step upgrade can only be bought one at a time as you level up. That includes the Ranged Weapon Upgrades like Omni or Super.
Well there is no point in playing a sniper at level 1 then because none of the weapons will have enough range or damage to use effectively as a sniper.

Well there is no point in playing a sniper at level 1 then because none of the weapons will have enough range or damage to use effectively as a sniper.
IIRC, there are a few weird weapons which meat the sniper rules requirement.

I'm in the middle of a move and higher than the empire state building.
So I will check later, but it isn't a sure thing.

IIRC, there are a few weird weapons which meat the sniper rules requirement.

I'm in the middle of a move and higher than the empire state building.
So I will check later, but it isn't a sure thing.
Take your time. Real Life comes first.

Code:
Sniper. This skill represents special training in long-range
shooting and marksmanship. Only weapons that can be made to fire a single round or blast can be used for sniping (no auto-matic/burst/multi-firing weapons). Acceptable weapons include
bow and arrows, crossbows and many of the larger Bio-Weapons (those with ranges over 400 feetll22 m). Adds a bonus of +2 to strike on an aimed shot only.

Weapons that Qualify (And can be used at level 1)
Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents:
Light Bore Cannons (Can upgrade)
Light Gore Cannon (Can upgrade)
Heat Projector Cannon (Best weapon in the game and can gain snipers +2 to hit)

Available at level 2 if you take the level 1 version now .
Medium-Ranged Spore Discharger (Bonus to called shots make this eventually a very attractive sniper weapon)
(The level 3 version is +3 to called shots which is HUGE)

A lot of other weapons might qualify, but it's up to sherwoods interpretation of the sniper rule.

It says No "burst firing weapons"
It also says "Only weapons that can be made to fire a single round"

Which sounds contradictory to me.
If a weapon is capable of burst firing can you snipe with it on single shots?

Maybe, depends on our GM because that reads like maybe it was the intent but it is very unclear.

Actually, I forgot the weapons you can just carry.

Bore rifle, (Level 1 option and cost no bio points)
Light Cell Laser Rifle (Level 1 option and cost no bio points)

Both can just be carried and count for sniping.
(One other might count depending on the intent of the burst fire thing)

Purr Purr Don't forget that we need a heads-up about the aircraft!
Have no fear - I'll play my character as accurately as possible when I post. =)

Sherwood put his post up less than 24 hours ago. I threw all of my brain tonight into your Exalted game with O Mighty Fat Cat. As such, I honestly have little in-character posting energy left. =)

Plus... I have questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back