• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Some platonic drama/fluff, anyone? Literate, advanced.

Loud_and_proud

One Delta Ten Tango
"[Your Character] had it rough for the past few years. He didn’t expect his parents to actually drive it to a divorce, but it didn’t come as a surprise either. With silent acceptance he packed his belongings and followed his mother in her sudden blatant move, as if a new city could ever bring her to a new life. She was desperately self-pitting and demanded compassion he could barely offer, still struggling to get over the anxiety of fitting in another class in the last year of his studies. Somehow he knew he’d never find his place among them, but it wasn't a bother and quickly turned into a perfect excuse to why he didn't even try to blend in. Always sticking out like a bamboo trunk in a field of wheat was both his burden and pride, and he kept them secret in a hard shell of apathy and despair.

That was until he entered "Mr. Jenkins and Pixie's General Goods" for the first time. Known as simply "The Jenkins", the shop was a small yet cozy haven for thossseeer fallen victims to the daily routine such as going out after a pair of batteries for grandpa's ancient TV remote. It was run by Mr. Jenkins himself - a stout hyperactive man with one of the friendliest smiles around and the most endearing personality in the whole city. Pixie - the girl that was helping Mr. Jenkins with the household chores since the store was also their home - looked nothing like him, though shared his general optimism and kindness to the clients. His name was burned out on a fancy wooden signboard right above the entrance, hers - drawn later with some bright and colorful paint. Apart from the appealing oddities of its owners, "The Jenkins" was but a regular store... And yet leaving it, the young man felt slightly happier then before."

And this is where we begin, with [Your Chatacter] meeting the shopkeepers for the first time. I want to play it episode by episode, showing how the young man spends more and more time with these people, finds the attention and acceptance he craves, learns about their secrets and past tragedies and becomes a part of their little family. It's going to be a light, heart-warming RP, where we'll throw at our characters some real life problems and watch them deal with it while also dramatizing occasionally and having their "good moments". I kinda want to stress the age range here, cause Pixie is almost ten, [Your Character] is around seventeen and Mr. Jenkins is thirty four and half a backache, so they'll all interact differently with each other, and I want to see it in details.

I love huge post but will gladly write medium ones. Three paragraphs is the lowest I'll go.
Besides the main heroes, I have some side characters with their little dramas and storylines, and I expect you to add to it too with, say, your character's family and maybe friends.

That's about it. Hit me up with a PM if you're interested. Have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back