• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Time: The 6th day after arrival in To'bai
Interaction: Serik, Marylka

Marylka never understood why but she always thought of reading as a solitary activity. It was this reason that she often hid with her book in the furthest corner of the library away from curious eyes or waited till most of the group was fast asleep before sneaking out to the corridor with a candle to read a chapter or five. Reading infront of another person felt strangely... intimate and even if said person happened to be a friend, it still gave Marylka pause.

"Oh, okay." Marylka replied hiding her hesitation behind a smile. Even if it made her uncomfortable, she knew Serik was only trying to be nice as he always was and turning him down would have been rude of her. "I left my books with Kassadin. Let me just go grab them and I'll join you at the table."

AncientBird AncientBird

Last edited:

As Marylka left to get her books, Serik sat down on the table and began to read, starting with the one called ‘Birds of Preys : The Complete Encyclopedia’. At first, Serik wasn’t sure if he would get through the thick wall of text... However, just as he continued on, it felt like it started to consume him into the book. Not so long, Serik passed the introduction pages and started reading through the profiles of each kinds of birds of prey, which each also has a water color painting of the birds. They were some of the most beautiful and most realistic painting Serik had ever seen, as if the actual birds were encased inside the paper. Some Serik had seen and some never before. The more he spent his time on it, the more he likes it. It’s as if time had paused on him...

Serik finally snapped out of his book and realized that Marylka had already returned and was also attentively reading her own book. Whenever Serik saw Marylka with a book, she would cut everything and everyone out from her surrounding, truly be passionate with the book. Serik wondered if he would end up being so passionate in reading like her or not. Nonetheless, seeing her enjoying her favorite thing put a smile on Serik's face. He then returned to read his book.

Finally, Serik finished with his first book. He got up to stretch a bit. Marylka was still reading, barely changed any posture from before. Serik looked around at the row of book shelves around him. Suddenly, his eyes caught something at the closest book shelf. He got up and headed straight to it. It was a book, a history book about Estendor! Serik was curious. While he had been hearing many things about his clan from his family, he never put much effort in looking deeply into it.

Serik opened the book and start browsing through the pages. Suddenly, he caught sight on something in a page. Upon, a close inspection, his eyes widened in shock. "...Munira Tagaev, Bulat Monalov..." Serik whispered to himself. He began opening more and more pages and his astonishment became clearer and clearer on his face. Serik finally walked back to the table, holding that same book. "Marylka..." Serik called for her attention. "Sorry if I disturb you, but do you happen to know about some of these events in this book?" Serik said and showed her the book. "Like the Seven Suns Bandits, the Purge of Blood Cult and... Oh, this one, the Green Eyes Man-eaters, the one about about a pair of gryphons turned into man-eater. It seemed to happen in the north where you came from... Are you familiar with any of these?" Serik asked, his face was still shown sight of unexpected.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
#F7DA64

Last edited:

To Marylka's surprise, Serik made for a decent reading partner. He left her to her own devices and after overcoming the somewhat awkward silence she easily slipped back into the world between time and space created by her imagination and the words on the page. Time seemed to move differently while she read, and it wasn't until she heard Serik call her name that she looked up and noticed that the light in the room had dimmed considerably.

"Do you happen to know about some of the events in this book?" Serik asked, holding the book he was referring to out in front of her. She took it from him and slowly skimmed through the pages inside.

"I do vaguely remember my grandfather recounting a story about a pair of gryphons when I was younger," Marylka replied, her brows furrowed with concentration as she searched her memories. "but he tends to... embellish his stories so I always just assumed it was a fairy tale meant to teach children a lesson." Serik looked a little perturbed or unsettled which were not sentiments she associated with him. "Serik, is everything okay?"

AncientBird AncientBird

"I'm fine..." Serik replied. "It's just that... My grandmother used to tell me about these stories too and I always thought that she made most of them up or something." Serik paused for a bit. He decided that he'd better not let's this matter concerned Marylka any further.

From very young age, Serik would listen to his grandmother telling the stories of her past. Grand adventures, dangerous quests and fearsome foes... At first Serik was thrilled to hear about these stories. He imagined the world as an exciting places full of wonder to discover. However as time went by, Serik was swayed. Other children he met wouldn't believe him. Even other of his family members eventually spoke about him about this matter behind his grandmother.

"Serik, your grandmother is indeed the bravest and most wonderful woman in the world... But all the tales she always speak off, you'd better take them with a grain of salt. She never showed any solid proof that they had actually happened... We have never heard of it from somewhere else... Don't you think such events would be widely known and praised by now? Maybe she helped fighting a little of bandits or some problematic wild beasts from time to time during her journey, but a sadistic cult or maneaters that slew people for thounsands?... We never speak about this opinion to her for we don't want to upset our dearest elder, but now that you are older, you should know about this and think for yourself. Sometimes we have to separate tales from reality..."

That was what they said... For a while that Serik refused to give up his belief... But time went by and the world around him became tamer and tamer. He eventually accepted that all these wonderful tales of his grandmother were nothing but folk tales just to entertain her family at the bonfire... Serik stopped thinking about grand adventures and all he focused about was to help his family tending the herd and foraging for fur.

Now, all the tales had come back to him, written with specific dates and citation, in a book owned by the best library in the entire skyland... His belief was shaken once again and he wasn't prepared for it at all...

"...Anyway, I think it's getting dark. Let's call it a day and return to the dorm. I bet everyone is getting ready for dinner now." Serik said joyfully to Marylka, although the little trace of unsettling expression still remained in his face."

-----------

Kassadin was written on some paper with a candle newly lit nearby. A figure walked inside the library and approached him. "Hello there, sweet pea." The figure removed hood and revealed herself. "Shivali, you are back!" Kassadin spoke with joy but then his face reddened like ripe tomato. "...And stop calling me that in the public!" He said as he took a glace at two of his staffs which giggling at him in the background. "Oh don't be ashamed of what you like." Shivali chuckled as she leaned on the counter in front of Kassadin. Her immense height towered over the little man.

"...So, how was the quest?" Kassadin asked, tried to change subject. "Pretty good! We finally got the alpha male this time. He and his stupid winged dog pack will not bother the Shoka's flock again for a looooong time... Man, you should have seen how Mesa knocked one out of the sky!" Shivali spoke, excitement shone in her eyes. Kassadin sat with a smirked in his face. "I knew you all would do great this time." He said. Suddenly, Asio appeared out of nowhere and landed on Shivali's shoulder. "Hey! There's my favorite owl! How're you doing girl?" Shivali said and stroke the owl's head, making Asio emitted a low pur-liked noise. "She really missed you." Kassadin said. "Sure, she did..." The woman said then looked back at Kassadin with a flirty eyes. "...I think someone else also missed me, yes?"

Kassadin's faced reddened again. "You really have to make everything hard for me huh..." He said, looking away. "Oh, come on... You know it." Shivali said as she lowered herself closer and closer to the little man. "...Yes, I do... I do miss you..." Kassadin said. "And now that I am here, don't you want to do something?" Shivali said with a big grin, she seemed to really enjoy this. Kassadin on the other hand, seemed like he wanted to explode... "What are you talking about?! I don't know what you are suggesting!" He said and he turned away, crossing his arms. Shivali chuckled and turned to the two staffs earlier. "Would you mind?..." She said politely. "Oh! Sure... We are just on our way to... That corner!" The staffs said as they walked away, giggling along. "How about now?" Shivali said and poked Kassadin at his shoulder. Kassadin froze for a while... Then quickly turned toward the woman next to him and they kissed...

Only when both of them let go that they noticed Serik and Marylka were standing right next to them. "Oh hey, Serik! I see you have come to the library and met Kassadin!" Shivali spoke cheerfully, meanwhile Kassadin seemed like he wanted to pass out and collapsed to his chair with face bursting with color red.

Serik had nothing but discomfort in his face. He didn't see what's in his way out of the library until it was right in his face... "Oh hello, Shivali... Err.... Yes, I did what you told me to..." Serik said. "Have you been practicing with your bird, with the false prey?" Shivali asked. "Yes, Shrill is getting the hang of it, just a bit more training... I think..." Serik replied, still being awkward with what he couldn't unsee. "Good, good... In no time, he will be flying with the rest of us in the field... Anyway, who's your friend?" Shivali said, noticing Marylka. Geb the houndbird suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started curiously sniffing and checking out Marylka.

"This is Marylka, one of my friends from our traveling group... Marylka, meet Shivali, my falconry trainer." Serik introduced both of the women to each other.

Last edited:

"Well," Marylka started, handing the book back to Serik. "I've learned that stories, even the ones that are made up, more often than not are based on some version of truth. I suppose it's up to us to figure out what that truth is and decide whether it's worth believing in. I mean, there's nothing to prove that the gods are real except for stories that were written by people who died a long time ago, and still so many put their faith in them without question."

Gathering their things, they headed back to the librarian's desk once more. Marylka noticed a taller, leanly muscled woman who was presently leaning over the desk speaking softly to Kassadin. Seemingly unaware that Marylka and Serik were approaching, Kassadin suddenly leaned forward and kissed the woman tenderly. Quickly averting her eyes, she softly cleared her throat to alert the couple to their presence.

"Hi." Marylka awkwardly greeted the woman who Serik introduced as Shivali just as a strange bird came up and started to sniff her. It came up to her shoulders and looked like an eagle stuck onto a pair chopsticks. "Er... Hello to you too?" Marylka clutched the books in her arms closer to her chest as if it were some sort of shield. "Can I help you?" She cautiously asked the bird before remembering she still had some of the dried meat she'd brought for Asio in her pocket. Fishing it out, she held it out between them. "Is this what you were looking for?"

AncientBird AncientBird

Last edited:

"Hey, hey! Stop pestering her! Come back here!" Shivali called Geb, to which the strange bird quickly complied. "Sorry sister, Geb just like to meet new people, sometimes a bit too close and personal." Shivali chuckled and scratched the bird by his head. "Marylka loves to read book, she has been here before I even came to meet Kassadin." Serik said. "It's true, she is the most enthusiastic about reading I have seen since I started working here." Kassadin said, seemingly feeling better after the earlier incident. "Ah... A book worm, I see, just like Kassadin here..." Shivali said. "I am not much of a reader myself, only get the one I need for my job and that's it... But I might have some good news for you." She added. "Hm...?" Kassadin looked at the woman, curious. "Are you saying..." He asked but got his answer before he could even finished. "It's old man Shoka... Just after we were done with the quest, he said he wishes to donates lots of his books to the academy, I am just on my way to tell Headmaster Candour about it." Shivali said. "Shoka is donating his books?!! Wow, so not likes him... He loves all his books like lioness over cubs." Kassadin said.

"Who's Shoka?" Serik asked. "A flock owner living south of To'bai. He's also a part time writer, literature critic and book collectors... He has a HUGE collection of books and scrolls over his house. He's getting too old to take care of them though, so he is going to let many of them go... I don't know much but I heard many of these are like treasure that couldn't be found else where in the entire sky land. If you are a fan of reading, be ready give them a try once they arrive at the library." Shivali said and winked at Marylka.

"Anyway, do you want to hang out, Serik? I still take a break off my shift this night and some of us from the association are meeting up to have a hot pot together. Perhaps you can make your debut tonight." Shivali turned to ask Serik. "Sorry, Shivali but I think I am not ready to stay up late today... And we are also heading back to have dinner with our other friends as well." Serik said. "Alright... Maybe next time!" Shivali replied in good spirit.

Serik said goodbye to Shivali and Kassadin and walked toward the dorm with Marylka. He could hear the couple talking to each other.

"Wow, he looked so worn out... How many books did you give him?"

"Ten"
"Did you pressure him to read them all quickly? I told you don't pressure him..."

"I didn't pressure him! He seemed fine before, even after he know about the numbers of the book!"

-----------

"Well, what a long day... Thank you for helping me with all the books and also reading with me, Marylka." Serik said as they went further from the library. "Books are more enjoyable than I remembered, perhaps we could come to read together again? I mean... If you are alright with it." Serik added.

Marylka smiled as Shivali called Geb back to her side. "It's alright, I don't mind." She said, tossing the piece of dried meat to Geb anyway. "I'm just more comfortable with sheep than I am with birds." Serik and Shivali continued to converse while Marylka started scribbling down the details of the books she and Serik intended to borrow into the library's logbook. Once everything was settled, they said their farewells and went their separate ways.

"Books are more enjoyable than I remembered," Serik commented as they headed in the direction of their dorm. "Perhaps we could come to read together again? I mean... If you are alright with it."

"Oh! Er..."
Marylka stared intently at the books in her hand, pretending to study their titles as she carefully chose her next words. It wasn't that she disliked spending time with Serik or anyone from the group for that matter, she just found it exhausting to constantly be around people especially when she had grown up not being around many. Since the proving, there had hardly been a moment where Marylka wasn't in the company of somebody. The academy's library had been a godsend, offering her the solitude she sorely craved even if it was only for a couple of hours everyday, and she wasn't quite prepared to give that up yet. Unfortunately, she also had a terrible habit of being unable to tell the people she cared about no. "I mean, the library is open to all students and I'm usually already there after class. If you happened to also be there, I guess we could read together? It wouldn't be particularly interesting though." She didn't add anything else to that, not wanting to make a promise she was unsure about. To her relief, they turned the corner bringing into view the doors to their dormitory. Excusing herself on the pretense that wanted to wash up before dinner, she hurried away before much more could be said about the subject.

AncientBird AncientBird

"Well, you are right..." Serik said and right after, Marylka excused herself and headed straight toward the dorm. Serik looked as the girl went ahead of him. Marylka's answered didn't seem to come out very literal and Serik could feel she didn't exactly want to answer his question for some reason. The young man arched his brow. Did he do something wrong? Was she not comfortable around him back at the library? Or perhaps he was overthinking about it...

There was something far greater in the back of Serik's mind though, so he dropped the thought about Marylka's awkward behavior. He looked back at the direction of the library. That book he found... He didn't borrow it with him, but the text was clear in his memory. Was everything in there true? Had he been 'wrong' all these time?...

"Oh grandma... What have I done?... I wish I could see you now..." Whispered Serik to himself.

Time: After the first day of classes
Interaction: Aldaf, Marylka

Marylka listened quietly to the conversations around her. Some were talking about the new magics the instructors had demonstrated, others making friendly conversation with the two new girls, who she had learned at this point were named Emmaline and Elaiana, although the latter seemed to prefer Eli. A sudden breeze brushed past her ear, unnatural considering they were in an enclosed space, and with it came a whisper.

"Come talk to me once we're through. If that's alright with you. I'll be outside, no one else has to know."

She turned and immediately looked at Aldaf who had now returned to chatting with Emmaline as if nothing had happened. She groaned internally. He was the last person she wanted to speak with right now but there was no way for her to avoid him. They were around each other nearly all the time. Might as well get this over and done with.

After they were dismissed, Marylka hung back and approached Aldaf who was a little ways away from the entrance to the elemental hall as he had said. "Hey, you said you wanted to talk to me?" She asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

kase9187 kase9187

#2C82C9

Time: After first day of classes

Aldaf lingered outside the hall, purposefully staying a bit away from everyone when Marylka walked up. "Hey, you said you wanted to talk to me?" She said.

"I did, glad it actually worked... Anyways, are you alright? You didn't seem like yourself today."

Aldaf had seen some of his classmates try and fail to channel a second element, but knew they had also seen his display.

"I wanted to make sure you were doing okay. Was something upsetting you today?"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
#2C82C9

The moment Aldaf asked his question, Marylka's guard went up. "I'm fine." She replied. It was an answer she was used to giving. As the oldest among four siblings she couldn't be anything but fine. To be otherwise would only worry her parents unnecessarily and they already had enough to worry about. She shrugged and folded her arms across her chest. "First day nerves I suppose. There's been a lot going on and I just didn't know what to expect. I also didn't sleep very well last night."

She glanced over her shoulder and noticed everyone had already disappeared around the corner and the room suddenly felt too large for just the two of them present. She rocked back and forth on her heels thinking of what to say next. "I wonder what they'll serve for lunch today. After all we did in class, I'm starving."

kase9187 kase9187

Time: After first classes
Interaction: Marylka, Aldaf

Aldaf noticed Marylka shuffling and her changing the subject. He took a mental note of it.

"I dunno. I hope its something tasty."

He laid a gentle hand on her shoulder and sighed. He wanted to say more, but unless she said it he'd be intruding on her business.

"Look, I'm gonna say two things, then we can go eat. First off... I'm sorry if my little show with the rock made you or anyone else feel inadequate, it wasn't my intention. Second off, Marylka, I'm your friend. I'm not gonna pry, but I'm always up for a talk if you need it, okay? I promise to not be judgy."

He flashed one of his trademark smiles to try and lighten the mood a bit.

"But I agree. I'm starving too. Hey, think they'll let me in back there to make something sometime?"

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
2c82c9

Inadequate. As that word resounded through her mind she felt the blossom of darkness from before spark red. He thought she felt inadequate. "I..." She started to argue but quickly bit her tongue. "Never mind." If she wasn't going to share, she had no right to get angry when others misinterpreted her feelings. She forced a smile on her face and nodded.

"Food sounds good and there's no harm checking with one of the assistants. I wouldn't mind getting some time in the kitchen myself. I really miss the food from Estendor."

kase9187 kase9187

Time: After first class
Interaction: Marylka, Aldaf

Again, Aldaf took note of Marylka and her reaction. She was just about to say something, but stopped.

That's fine, she didnt want to continue.

"Heh. Maybe you can show me how to make a few Estendorian dishes and I'll teach you some killer Sundentarian meals. Sound like a plan?"

His smile was genuine as he took his hand off her shoulder. He chuckled to himself.

"Having a talented water mage and wind mage in the kitchen sounds like both an amazing idea and a disaster waiting to happen. I cant wait."

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
2C82C9

Time: During the council meeting
Interaction: Eli

Emma could feel as someone was watching her, moving back to sit up straight in her seat. She looked up to find Eli had lean over to her, a bit startled not expecting her to be so close. "Do you know what you will do?" Looking over at her fellow redhead she gently shook her head. "Not really…" she spoke in a tiny softly whispered. "You?..." she asked her back.

pinnasina pinnasina
#9365B8

Last edited:
TIME: The meeting.
PEOPLE: Emmaline and Elaiana.
COLOR: #9365B8
TAGS: AquaMarie AquaMarie

Emmaline continued to keep quiet and to herself. Her gaze and attention dancing from one person to another as they spoke. Then Kari stood up followed by Aldaf and then Leandra volunteering herself and Caliban. Almost everyone seemed so quickly jump on board, but Emma was still unsure about what their whole plan was with this. So Emma just looked down not saying a word or standing up and volunteering herself really unsure what her thoughts were on all this.

Emma could feel as someone was watching her, moving back to sit up straight in her seat. She looked up to find Eli had lean over to her, a bit startled not expecting her to be so close. "Do you know what you will do?" Looking over at her fellow redhead she gently shook her head. "Not really…" she spoke in a tiny softly whispered. "You?..." she asked her back.
Eli looked to the girl, confused. Why was Emma asking her?

Maybe if this were like any other situation, Emma's innocent inquiries would not have been so big an issue; if it were like that, Eli would have, immediately, answered with her distaste for the principal's sentimentality, that theirs was not a situation where they could bother with ethics or morality.

But this was different. Her thoughts were, for this whole journey, of little importance. Should be of little importance. That was how her promise to Emma was supposed to work: Emma would lead, and Eli would follow.

Idly, she said: "You are fast to ask." Too fast, truthfully. Emma's dependence on her thoughts and sudden passivity made her greatly uncomfortable. "You listen always. It is good..." With a jerk of her hand, she dismissed the question. "But dispensable." Not to mention, detrimental.

It's been a point of annoyance for her to see Emma, despite her wisdom, remain so entrenched on the sidelines. Where was that boldness that she had grown to associate her partner with? That initiative that saved her from certain death at the mountain? That helped her to acclimate to Claudius? Her growing frustration froze over her features and tone.

"If you have no opinion yet, that is okay... But the time to choose will run out. Make it soon. Time is no longer with us here."

Time: Sometimes after Danube’s recue mission (subject to change)
Interaction (Skybeasts): Open

New day was already on the horizon and the night sky had begun to make way for the golden light. However, it’s still pretty dark inside the skybeast’s stable.

Valkyrie was already awoken, in fact she had been for several hours prior. She didn’t feel refreshing from her slumber last night. Something had been pressuring her for a while since arriving at To’bai... But it was only lately became a mojot issue for her. As usual, Serik noticed this change of her, but he had no clue of what was the actual problem. It wasn’t helping that he had been busy, trying to learn to use his power and also traning his buzzard to hunt. Valkyrie had been left alone most of the day in the stall, and since she didn’t accept any interaction with other beasts there, nothing was done to help about her problem... This morning was when the last of her patience ran out... It’s time to figuring this out on her own.

Stepping out of her stall, the stork drake carefully observed the stable. It’s still very dark in there. She could only vaguely see that most of other skybeasts were still asleep or only recently awake. Seeing that her pathbwas clear, Valkyrie continued on, walking from stall through the path way, heading for the entrance. She stopped right at the closed door and waited.

Suddenly, loud unlocking noise happened and the door was push open. A small stablemaid appeared from behind the door, seemingly still drowsy as she started her shift in the morning. However, her eyes immediately wided open when she found herself stood right in front of the huge stork drake, with malicious eyes glaring at her.

“What the?!!! You again?!!! What are you doing right here?!!!” She cried, her face turned her pale as she relieved her first encounter with Valkyrie.

Valkyrie didn’t make any call but she snapped her beak loudly, stating her intention. The small stable maid stepped aside quietly and let the stork drake passed through.

Out of the stable at last, Valkyrie took deep breath and looked to the sky. Up above, the stars could still be seen lingering for their last hour to shine, but in the far horizon, golden light of the day had broken the line of the sky. Valkyrie looked for the right direction, and with a heavy push of her front limps, she launched herself into the air, flapping and pulling herself up and away.

The small maiden looked after the skybeast as she flew away. “Where is she going? Isn’t it too early to go out? Has she even gotten out on her own before?” She said to herself and finally headed inside the stable.

“But seriously, they don’t pay me enough to deal with that beast...” Complaint the small woman.

#EB6B56

Last edited:

Dawn had been breaking outside, but sunlight hadn't broken through into the stables. Which made Spica beg the question: Why the fuck was Valkyrie up and walking about? She'd just walked out once someone came to unlock the stables, her footsteps had woken Spica up. She'd never been a heavy sleeper.

Why is she leaving? Spica wondered, clambering out of her own stable to proceed downwards and out the door while the stable hand was tending to someone who could adequately keep her occupied. Like Jeff. God did that pompous beast demand attention.

Focus. Spica said, keeping her emotions at bay as to not alert Aldaf. She'd learned the first night that he was very susceptible to any large emotional changes she had, so keeping a level head would keep things from getting complicated. Stepping out into the open, Spica looked up towards where Valkyrie had flown away towards. With a few big flaps of her wings and a bit of a loud swooshing sound, she was off chasing after the rogue agent of the team.

Spica was, luckily, a tad faster in her state of pursuit than Valkyrie, who didn't know anyone was giving chase. She saw the Storm Drake in the distance. Rather than call out and potentially scare her into running, Spica climbed up above and glided above the clouds, dropping down to hover about 14 yards from where Valkyrie would be.

"What are you doing?" Spica called to her, trying to get her to stop.

AncientBird AncientBird

#EB6B56

As Valkyrie was flying, she suddenly heard the spund of flapping wings coming after her and just before she could tilted her head to see, she heard a very recognizable voice asking of what she’s doing...

That wyvern again... Valkyrie tilted her head and a the quilled figure descended from the cloud above her. Valkyrie sped up in hope to got away from Spica. “Stay away... Wyvern... I go... No your concern...” She hissed as her reply.

Valkyrie could not understand what the quilled wyvern wanted about her. From what she had experienced so far, this creature, while looked intimidating and downright monstrous, was not a threat to her. She never attempted stealing Valkyrie’s food nor trying to hurt her like the wyverns she knew from the plain... To make this weirder, she was trying to interact with her, just like she was another wyvern!

Valkyrie turned her focus on her path ahead. She started heading easward, trailing back to where she first arrived in this new land... Heading out of the city’s border.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187
#EB6B56

Last edited:

Spica saw Valkyrie speed off and huffed. Damn if Valkyrie wasn't persistent. She sped up, flying side by side with Valkyrie.

"Your actions aren't my concern, but you are. You're flying, without your rider, outside the walls into danger."

Valkyrie was just so isolated and persistent, and Spica didn't know why. It was like she barely ever listened to her rider, the small boy Spica didn't remember the name of. Actually, Spica only remembered a few names. Aldaf, her rider, and...

"What's going on?" Spica called again.

AncientBird AncientBird
#EB6B56

Pestered by Spica’s question, Valkyrie grumpily growled. She couldn’t understand why would she need to be wary of flying off alone, it was she had been doing all the time in the wild before Serik tamed her. But most importantly, why this wyvern would even care about what she’s doing...

“It called me... I must answer... I... Go... Now, away!” She replied harshly and continued flying. She then put a deaf ears on whatever Spica tried to say to her.

Both of them finally reached the border of the city. The morning sun had risen up higher and clearly revealed more landscape. Up ahead were the field and orchards, growing dates, tamarins and other arid agriculture plants that feed the city. Valkyrie paid no attention to them untill she noticed a large pasture a bit further from the orchards. There, large flock of sheep and goat congregated in large number, and although their appearance was a bit different from those in Estendor, being quite lanky and less woolly, it was a familiar scene for the stork drake...

A welcomed scene...

Valkyrie suddenly swooped down and flew over the flock... The sheep and goat began to run in fear.

#EB6B56

Spica noticed Valkyrie going after the flock of sheep and goats, and resolved to dive down and try to prevent Valkyrie from doing something unsavory.

She could tell that Valkyrie wasn't going to listen to her anymore. However, she could force Valkyrie to stop if things got out of hand.

AncientBird AncientBird
EB6B56

The flock stanpeded as the stork drake soared over. She was forcing them to run, to single out the weak that couldn’t catch up... The commotion however didn’t go unnoticed...

Before Valkyrie could land to continue her final approach and chase her prey on the ground, a couple of loud roar happened. A large winged lion, with dusty brown color and majestically black mane appeared out of nowhere, followed by a winged hyena, with grey body and spotted pattern. The lion reached Valkyrie first and its paws nearly swipe the stork drake on the back, missing only a few inches.

Valkyrie noticed her attacker and screeched loudly in fright. She pulled up and headed into the sky again, flying back to her earlier path. The winged lion and hyena didn’t follow, seeing that they had successfully repel the stork drake. The lion roared loudly after her.

“That’s right! Stay away from our flock, you filthy thief! You... Whatever you are!”

The lion then noticed Spica and bared his fangs. “That goes for you too, Seregios! Your heinous kind is not welcomed here!” Roared the angry lion. The saddle on both winged beasts’ back showed that they too were also tamed beasts.

#EB6B56

Spica flew over the flock at a respectful distance when the two guardians had called out to her. She turned while gliding and shot a look at them.

"I apologize, I meant no harm!"

She flew on forward, away from the jeering mounts and again towards Valkyrie. She caught up to her, and shot her a look of annoyance.

"What the hell was that? You can't go and steal someone's flock like that!"

AncientBird AncientBird
#EB6B56

Valkyrie was still frightened from the close call, but her fear began to drop fast when she noticed the two winged beasts didn't go after her. Still, the wyvern kept following and she caught up. "What the hell was that? You can't go and steal someone's flock like that!" Said Spica.

The wyvern's word struck her like lightning... It was like... It was like just what Serik would have said! However, this one she could reply back. "Preys are preys... I can... I take... Why they can... I can't? Wyverns... Wyverns do it too... No?" Valkyrie hissed back.

#EB6B56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back