• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Silver Oak Academy: Season 1

August Russo
tumblr_b6466f029b1fe23d86f08b2ef67889d5_e15fb04c_540.gif
The last few weeks of summer vacation had been nothing but filled with happy moments for August, and that would be true if we didn't include the latest few days. While August and his parents do have a weird relationship, they do genuinely love him and do know what's best for him, even if it doesn't seem like that at times. August had been conflicted about going back to school his junior year throughout the whole summer. He wanted to stay with his family because he was missing out on a lot, but then at the same time, all the people he cared about were at Silver Oak, and chances were he wouldn't see them again if he didn't come back. The wish to see Bella and Madi again, along with some persuasion from his parents, it was decided that August would be going back to Silver Oak when summer ended, which, sadly, was now.

It was a long drive from California all the way to Oregon, almost 900 miles, and sitting in a car for such a long time seemed even longer for August. Luckily, he spent half of the time sleeping, and the other half playing with a yoyo or just snacking on the things his mom packed for him beforehand, so all in all, the trip was one of the better ones he had through the years.

August was very excited to see Madi and Bella again as he had so much to tell them both about the summer he had, and of course, was excited to hear all about their own summers and how they went.

The nice chauffeur named Mike had helped August take his bags and luggage out of the trunk of the car, and with a few words, Mike was on his way back to California, leaving August alone.

Going through the administration office to find out which hall and room he was this year, August made his way to the White Oak Boys' Dormitory, or more exactly, second floor, room 13 of the mentioned building. Last year he had been on the third floor, so he knew how lucky he was to not have to carry all his stuff all the way to the third floor. Still, carrying the stuff all the way to the second floor wasn't exactly ideal either, making August break a sweat.

Nonetheless, August was still filled with energy from sitting inside a car for the last god knows how long. He looked at the bags and suitcases he had brought with him, and he knew he should probably unpack them, which is exactly what he did for the next hour and a half before climbing up onto the top bunk and just laying down, staring at the ceiling.

He wasn't exactly hiding, even if it did appear like that to his new roommate, who didn't seem to notice him at first, and when he did, he gasped.

It was funny, however, August didn't know if it was appropriate to laugh before the guy's own laughing signaled that it was.

As the guy introduced himself, August jumped from the top bunk, landing securely on the floor with both feet and did so back: "Nice to meet you as well, Will. I'm August, but my friends, who I don't really have a lot of, call me Gus, or even Auggie, but that isn't really a preferred nickname, but of course, if you feel like calling me Auggie I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it, but as I said, it isn't really a preferred nickname as I like Gus or my full name more." August stopped to take a breath in as before continuing to speak: "Anyways, my name is August...and I already said that, didn't I? Fuck." August's hands gestured throughout the whole unintended speech before they finally came to a stop, one of them waiting for a handshake from Will.

Interactions: geminiy geminiy (Will)​

Harper Anderson
giphy.gif

"Yes, Harper.." Harper smiled awkwardly and leaned forward bouncing forward on the balls of her feet. She took a deep breath, dropping back onto her heals standing flat on her feet. "It's nice to finally meet you Kekoa!" Harper didn't let her smile waiver from her face, she was truly happy to have a new roommate and meet someone new. She just wasn't very good at meeting new people. But, she needed more female friends, she at least had Flo to talk to but that was about it. It was time that she hung out with others rather than her boyfriend and his friends. Of course she loved Noah and Zach was a ton of fun, but they weren't girls and didn't understand half the things she talked about(however Noah was good about listening to her girl talk).

"I have never heard of that movie, I should watch it sometime.." She watched as she placed the Ukulele on Kekoa's bed. "Do you play?? You'll have to teach me sometime this year." Harper's eyes went wide and she started to laugh awkwardly at herself. "Sorry.. That was really forward.. My brother plays guitar but he's refused to teach me so far." She looked down at her hands lacing her fingers in front of herself.

She looked back up to meet Kekoa's eyes. "Oh my god, don't even worry about it. I'm honestly not picky at all." Her smile started to relax and look more genuine rather than stressed, she dropped her hands back to her side. "That was nice of him to help you out, do you live close?"

She turned to look at her backpack and suitcase, she hadn't brought very much, there was only so much her brother and her could pack and bring on the plane, and their home in Colorado was rather empty in itself. Harper would slowly decorate her room as the year went on, just to tear it all down by the end of the year and usually throw it out. "Honestly, its no big deal. It's mostly just clothes.. But, I'll take the company." She smiled as she rested her hands on the bed behind her and lifted herself up onto the mattress.

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Mentions: a z u l a a z u l a mogy mogy lion. lion.

tumblr_pgkyi8GKoL1xbv6tpo4_1280.gifv

Red Donovan
“Deal! Oh, and nice to meet you too, Barry.”

Red’s voice had utterly dropped to a whisper upon finding that the hedgehog was asleep, and from now on would do so.

That’s what you did when babies were around, right?!

A simpleton in works- Red Donovan-wedged his arm against the ladder of the bunk bed, smacking the wooden rungs tentatively and quietly as if he was testing its soundness.

Irrelevantly, Red added in a tumble of adventure and a murmur, “Plus, who doesn’t want to sleep on the top? The view of the ceiling is practically god calling. I mean, when you wake up you see the white ceiling. But you know, it isn’t just a white ceiling. It can be-”

Let’s advertise a bed bunk and a blank dorm ceiling in weird whispers, Red, because that makes yourself sound so normal.

“So, this was your room last year, too?” Red identified dim-wittedly. The room personified itself with a snort of a laugh. After all, it had a camera-eye to all and every illustrious owner who ever walked into door number twenty-seven. The shelves were still sated of rustic belongings, but even in the prime for the faintest coat of dust, personality was everywhere. The books that hibernated on the tops of the dressor, for instance, versed a story of academic fulfilment as for the copper pots aligned in orbital back to back fashion inferenced to nature.

“Do you like it here? Did you also, by chance, die in sophmore year because of the workload? I don’t want to die young.” He suddenly looked at the hedge-hog, almost guiltily as if he would stirr his sleep, and now crescendoing in a louder, bewildered whisper, “And Barry? Is this his second year too?”

mogy mogy

alia1.gif
Meera Desai
“You should go too,” Meera opinionatedly attested to her roommate, leaning wittly forward, chin adjusted on her fingers in a deliberate concentration on the map, absorbed in absorption of the scattered, five-pointed star stickers to notice Flo’s moderate discomfort.

“Wait. This big. You should go too!” Meera cried with the epiphany, “Am I smart or what is that word...? Perfect idea. Jhakaas idea hai!”

Meera Desai was a lightning bolt without stormy skies, and spun around in her floral American dress which she had impulsively picked up at the airport gift store. The white of her dress fanned out just above her knees as she gave a pretty twirl to face where Flo redirectionalized in the room.

Americans were really nice here. So...so..help. Helpful.

“I am very new. New as you can get. Like clothes,” she described, going over to her luggage, tugging it over with much exasperations and exaggeration of breaths, before the zipper fluttered open and dumps of articles of clothing and color spilled over the edges of the bag. Her hand disappeared among the quilts of fabrics, then arose with a pastel green dress, which she held up in balmy Oregon lighting that cascaded through the windows onto their floor.

“Another gift for you,” She cheerily remarked, “But thank you, Flo. I do not need help unpacking. You are very nice. I happy to roommate with you.”

“Are you new?” She asked, as she ironed out one of her lenghas with her hands, “I do not know anyone here.” With a sigh, she tugged on her lip, “You want honest, Flo? I not like the idea of being lone. America big. Oregon big.”

“But, that is good,” she optimistically decided for herself, “I forgot to ask! How are you...”

“Feeling?” she conjoined the word, after a moment.

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Eddie Murphy-Yang

"Good luck at school, Donkey."

Murphy had a few friends in London, only two or three. Even now that they were practically adults, still, they insistently called him Donkey. He'd love to invite them to Silver Oak for a real party. They were the right flavor of dumbass for it.

His family had seen him off at the airport. The bulk of his things had been packed into boxes and shipped through mail, leaving him with a backpack and two suitcases. (A little one, and a bigger one.) Thankfully, the little bag of homemade gunpowder he'd taped inside of his shirt was spared by airport security. Not because he had any intention of busting up the plane, of course. A man loves his homemade bombs. Along with the whole 'Donkey' thing, people had taken to calling him Pyro Murphy over the years, and it wasn't hard to see why. The boy adored anything that burned, in a way that may have seemed concerning to some, but most brushed it off as teenage tomfoolery and moved on.

The plane ride was dull, and long, most of it he spent listening to Sex Pistols or sleeping. Then after landing, he had to call an Uber, since the nearest airport to Fenrose was still a fair distance.

Although school was a drag, being home was equally so. Murphy knew he'd never see eye-to-eye with his stepfather, and they'd spent most of the summer arguing with each other. His brother, Luohan, did about the same when it came to the family patriarch. His mother had long since given up hope of anyone getting along, and was content with nobody starting a screaming match over dinner. Needless to say, being free from that shit was a blessing.

Plus, he knew someone on the home front would have a sneaky bottle of booze on hand. In fact, many someones. Even Luohan, who was twenty-one, had to be careful bringing liquor home, because mom could and would throw a fit over it. Oddly enough, every member of the family still smoked like a broken chimney. Perhaps, mom didn't find alcohol poisoning to be a sufficiently glamorous way to die.

After being dropped off just outside the school gates, Murphy burnt out a quick cigarette, snuffing it beneath his shoe before entering. He was a little tired, and not excited to meet his new roommate in the slightest. (Sawyer was the only person who agreed with his taste for flame, and she was both a senior and a girl.) He was directed to White Oak, and entered his new dorm. Graham... He was the dance dork, right? Murphy didn't have anything against him on principle, but the possibility of being under fire for sharing space with the little weirdo was a bit of a concern.

"You're free t' do whatever 's long as nobody assumes we're mates." Not even a 'hello'. Murphy didn't believe in bullshitting. "Play ABBA at 3 AM if you want, don't mean nuffin' to me."

// Dazzle Dazzle
Mentions: KingofAesir KingofAesir (Sawyer) //​

tumblr_inline_p6l2sdN9iW1vahop7_250.gifv
kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

Kekoa just politely smiled at her reaction. Yeah, it was a bit forward, but Harper’s child-like excitement over the small stringed instrument was amusingly cute. It wasn’t every day someone that Kekoa had just met would insist her to give music lessons. The last time someone had asked to learn how to play from her, she knew they were being very sarcastic about it—happens when you suddenly start bringing a ukulele to school that has its fair share of douchebags the next day, especially as a freshman. She’d gotten over it. It wasn’t like she carried it around for anybody else.

“Well, your brother is a butt-brain for refusing to teach you,” Kekoa remarked casually. As someone who also has a brother, she knew very well how much of a butt-brain they can be sometimes. Fortunately, she wasn’t one herself… most of the time.

“I can show you some chords I know during free time,” she said. “By the way, I’m not the greatest teacher. I’m more familiar with the violin.” She pointed at the pale red fiberglass violin case leaning upright against the side of her desk. Nearly two dozen vinyl stickers scattered over the case, a little over half of them being Disney-related and other cute cartoon animal characters, such as Molang and Badtz Maru. “Thankfully, the ukulele is much easier and less painful to learn than the guitar and violin combined. Here, you can test it out if you want. Nylon strings are a heck of a godsend."

After setting the ukulele beside Harper, Kekoa sat down on her own bed. She was spreading her knitted blanket over her legs when her roommate asked about her residence.

“Yeah, my parents and I moved from San Francisco to a town about a few hours away from here during summer,” Kekoa explained. “My dad’s one of the new P.E. teachers and the new coach of one of the sports teams that I can’t remember right now. What about you, out of state or an Oregonian? Not kidding, that’s really what Oregon citizens are called.” It sounded so strange to her, like it should be a name of an alien species for a sci-fi movie or something.

1EFB6AEB-7A8F-4FC7-A3D9-786351F45B16.gif
🅕🅛🅞🅡🅔🅝🅒🅔

Florence felt a sense of protection easily simply because Meera seemed so innocent. She had a childlike joy that made Flo slowly smile, without her even noticing. “I should go? Gosh I didn’t know you wanted to get rid of me so bad.” She jokes but paused for a moment. “Ah, I’m kidding. I would totally go if I didn’t have to work towards a degree. Besides, I have dreams of traveling much further than here.” She said the last part quietly to herself. She stopped when Meera twirled herself in her dress, causing Florence to laugh slightly.

“Clothes, huh?” She said as Meera grabbed the luggage. “I’m not really one for fashion, but I like what you’re wearing.” She mentioned. Then, was surprised when Meera took out another dress for her supposedly. “Oh! Thank you! Um, I don’t need another gift though, a beautiful one at that.” She stared at the dress somewhat confused why a stranger would give their roommate two gifts, but she was new. Maybe she was simply nervous. “Welcome to Silver Oak though, I’m not new. Last year was the first year I came here. And,” she dragged out the and when she heard Meera didn’t know anyone yet. “You’ll find someone. There’s gonna be hard times here, there’s a batch of ugly here and there, but there’s also a batch of good to match.” She paused. “Same with America. I can’t imagine how it feels to move to another country, but it’s big on the outside. On the inside, everything is connected. Not too connected where it starts to get boring, just enough to keep everything interesting. All you need to do is take baby steps.”

She walked over to her side of the room and sat down, tossing her phone from one hand to another when Meera asked about her. “Oh. Uhhhh, I’m fine. Excited for the new year.” She said with a thumbs up then stopped herself. “Well, a tiny bit nervous, but I know the drill. It’s good to be a little bit nervous, means there’s uncertainty ahead. Makes life more interesting.” She was mainly worried about Meera getting more scared if she really told her the truth. She was fine with pretending her spirits are raised to the roof, if that means it benefits someone else. “And if you want I can always introduce you to some of my friends I made last year.” She wasn’t sure how Ellie would take her, but she knew Meera and Harper would get along at least. “So, don’t sweat it.”

Mentions: lion. lion.

Xavier
X.gif
Neck Tie. What a nickname. Xavier thought it safe to assume that it had been acquired at first as a mean joke because of the boy's fondness of the clothing items, but Xavier could see that Stu had come to embrace it. Even if that had been a begrudging embracement, Xavier would give it to him. Anyone who could come to use a name that was supposed to make them feel bad and turn it around was someone worthy of a little respect. Stu didn't seem too excited to shake his hand and the suitcase falling over had him quickly moving away from Xavier. Xavier watched him with a curious and slightly amused grin on his face. He was a little awkward, that much was obvious, but he seemed a little more than just an awkward nerd. Xavier would just have to get to know him, maybe there was something behind the shy nerd walls. They had something in common, Xavier noticed, neither of them was American. Xavier could here the English tinge in his voice and that was something he found comforting. Even if Xavier had been raised most of his life in America, you could never take the Greek out of a boy and Americans were annoying. At the moment, he just found everything the boy did to be hilarious. The moment he scurried past Xavier his suitcase seemed to explode on command as if this whole interaction was scripted. Xavier couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped him as Stu picked everything up and bumped his head against the bed frame as he came back up. He made a sympathetic sound, but his smile went nowhere. From the clothes that had fallen out on the floor, Xavier could tell this guy was definitely deserving of the name Neck Tie. It looked like he had robbed someone's grandpa. Not that Xavier had much room to talk, most of the time he looked like a glorified hobo. But come on, khaki? Really?

Xavier moved from the spot he had been standing for most of this interaction and sat down in his desk chair. He kicked his bare feet up on the desk, crossing them at the ankles as he listened to Stu complain about their room. With a cringe, Xavier glanced around as if he was only just now seeing the room for the first time. There was a rather large crack running along the ceiling and water stains creeping their way from the corners. There was also an oddly yellow looking substance stuck to the surface of his desk, it was probably just furniture glue that had seeped past the cracks and dried, but it was still kind of gross. But, Xavier wouldn't let this get to him. Even if he was used to slightly more....clean places, he would make the most of their situation. Perhaps he could paint something to cover the ceiling and that nasty looking glue could be buffed away. Nothing couldn't be tackled with a little ingenuity. Even Stu.

"Your friend." Xavier leaned down and picked up a sock that had flown across the room when Stu's suitcase exploded, "Were the two of you supposed to be roomed together?" He tossed the sock across the room and it landed squarely on Stu's laugh. Don't say Xavier couldn't do some sporty things. Watching the kid meticulously fold his socks across his lap had him thinking about someone else that would probably be just the type to do that. Elena. Xavier realized that he'd forgotten to tell his dear friend that he had arrived. In his want to relax he had forgotten that she would probably want to see him. But not if that Colby guy was around her. Elena hung off him like he was a prince and Colby was definitely no prince. Xavier had never really liked him. He always felt like Colby was taking advantage of Elly and her position in life and this school, and he had never failed to let Elena know he felt this way. She was just too stubborn to listen to him. Xavier was quick to send her a message as he awaited Stu's answer.

Hello Elly, darling. I thought I'd let you know that I've arrived. My roommate says his name is Neck Tie, what a name. He also dresses like your uncle, he's cute, I'm sure you'd love him. Kisses. Come see me soon.

Dede Dede Soap Soap Mentions: Colby 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Noah Stewart
noah.gif
Noah put Barry's cage on one of the two dressers inside of the room, one he presumably claimed as his own, even though the only difference between the two was the proximity they had to the door or to the set of bunk beds which was on the opposite side of the door, in the corner of the room.

Noah took in a deep breath to commemorate lasting through an 11-hour flight with a very active hedgehog (something which earned quite a lot of swear words aimed at him) as his new roommate started babbling some nonsense about sleeping on the top and about how it was closer to God or whatever, and Noah just couldn't keep a straight face. This was because, number 1, it was fairly cute how nervous this guy seemed to be here, and number 2, because he made a gay joke about being on top in his head and couldn't help but smile. Noah thought for a second about telling the joke but seeing he didn't know this guy, it hardly seemed appropriate to be talking about the gayness of it all. Who knew, this guy could've turned out to be a big homophobe, which wouldn't be, at all, ideal for Noah, but Noah was an optimist.

"Yes, sir. It has been my room since freshman year, and, thankfully, it still is." Noah answered one of Red's questions, accepting that it was time to start unpacking, which was exactly what he did, opening one of his suitcases and starting to put clothes away into the previously claimed dresser's drawers.

"I mean, Silver Oak is pretty amazing if you know which crowd to hang out with. Just keep out of any shady cliques and I say you'll be fine. And as for my sophomore year, I know I was pretty busy, but that's because I started doing chess club, the GSA, and god knows what else. You'll be fine." Noah smiled companionably, looking at the younger boy. "And I actually got Barry as a gift from my parents when I found out I was coming here for high school. So, that would make him a junior hedgehog."

"For any other questions, you can talk to my lawyer." Noah joked.

Interactions: lion. lion. (Red)​

Graham Moore
giphy.gif

Graham had been busy unpacking his suitcase he didn't even realize that someone had joined him. Graham had been bouncing around the room while unpacking, dancing to Shake it Off by Taylor swift as it played in his head. Every so often a few of the words from the chorus would slip out of his mouth. He was half way through unpacking when he heard a voice and quickly turned his head to see his roommate Murphy, or Donkey as some called him. A possible psychopath, that liked to play with fire. Graham was slightly concerned that his room might just get burned down at some point, by an act of drunken fun.

He might of been better off sleeping in the boiler room.

Graham began to say hi when he was quickly cut off. He should of expected it, he wasn't cool, he was actually rather annoying to most. He was quite shocked that he had actually made any friends at this school. But, luckily there was others here who were in the same boat as him. At least he had made some great friends, despite it starting as a matter of convenience.

Graham stopped dancing, he pushed the song out of his head and quietly put his stuff away in his drawers and made his bed. Quietly he pulled out his phone and texted Stu,

'yep, we got screwed this year.'

Interactions: Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Mentions: Dede Dede

Harper Anderson
giphy.gif

Harper laughed lightly, yea her brother could be a brat as of lately, but she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. They had both gone through a lot in the past three years. Hayden happened to be handling it differently, and not well. But she was going to let him cope in the best way he could, as long as he wasn't hurting anyone or himself in the process.

"That'd be cool" She smiled and nodded her head, understanding that she may not have been able to really teach Harper. She followed her hand to the violin case taking in all the stickers as much as she could from a distance. Looking up to see Keoka handing over the ukulele. She reached out to take it in her hands. Harper held it the way that she had seen her brother hold a guitar, even though it was so much smaller. Harper looked up at Keoka, definitely showing she must of been nervous, Harper didn't want to break something of her roommates. Especially when they just met. Looking back down at the ukulele she plucked a few cords, but they didn't sounds good together.

"It's probably going to take me a while to even come close to understanding this." She laughed at herself, as she passed the ukulele back to Keoka.

Harper was starting to feel more comfortable in her surroundings, she was sure this would be a good year. "Yea. I know. I am an Oregonian." Harper stated with a straight face, that she was only able to hold for a few seconds before she broke into a fit of laughter. "Sorry, I had to." She lifted her hand to her face covering her mouth as she continued to laugh. "I'm from North Carolina, but we moved to Colorado two years ago, right before we started school at Sliver Oak."

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

Kekoa tried not to flinch as her ukulele produced a few clunky chords. Harper was still just a beginner, so it was understandable that no one would play like Jimi Hendrix right away. “Yeah, you’ll get the hang of it eventually,” Kekoa agreed as she took her ukulele back. “Good thing the Internet exists to help.”

She softly chuckled along with Harper after she answered with Oregonian—wow, that word really did sound silly just thinking about it.

“Colorado? That’s pretty cool. You’re kinda close to the Rocky Mountains. North Carolina, I don’t know very well, except I think James Taylor made a song about it.” Besides those two minor trivia, Kekoa knew nothing about either of those places, having never been anywhere near the East Coast, and she couldn’t remember learning anything about them at school other than teeny bits of history and geography.

“So, does that mean your parents are hanging back in Colorado?” Kekoa asked, lazily strumming an A-major chord, leaning back against the bed headboard. “I’ve never been this far from my parents for school till now, and they’re just a few hours away. And I’m gonna see my dad nearby while he’s working here, of course. I still haven’t fully processed moving out of Oahu to San Fran three years ago. It was kind of an odd big change.”

Harper Anderson
giphy.gif

Harper smiled at Kekoa's references to the two states she lived in, even if she didn't know much about the states she was trying to connected with her and Harper appreciated the effort. "I honestly haven't spent much time in Colorado yet, we started school here right after moving. So I'm almost more of an Oregonain." She laughed lightly again, rolling her eyes sarcastically. Harper's heart skipped a beat when Keoka mentioned parents, but Harper didn't let her face change.

"Uh.." Harper pondered for a moment, looking up at the ceiling as she pulled her legs up to sit crisscross on her bed. "My dad is. He's a lawyer there, good opportunity meant we had to pick and leave a the drop of a hat." She looked back down at her hands that rested on her ankles, as she looked back up at Keoka, she tossed her head so that her hair wasn't blocking her face. Harper could feel the want to hide, but she wasn't going to let herself. "He didn't want to live in North Carolina, he started to hate it, he's better in Colorado."

"Being away from home can be rough at first, but honestly you'll love it here." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear that continued to fall in front of her face. "It's so cool you lived in Hawaii, I've always wanted to visit." Harper felt her phone buzz and looked at the picture of her horse and her mother on the background before reading the message from Flo. They were both new and roommates last year, she quickly sent her a text back. 'I'm okay, you know me I don't carry much. But lets get coffee later. Okay?' She slipped her phone back into her pocket and turned her attention back to Keoka.

"You know." Harper stopped for a minute. "Ever since I moved to Colorado I wanted to visit their hot springs. But, I haven't had a real chance, plus who wants to visit a hot springs in the summer."

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow

Juliette
source.gif

The first day of Junior year was definitely something Juliette had been looking forward to. Most kids didn't enjoy school, and obviously she wasn't one of those people. Dance was a big thing she focused on, and being a cheerleader certainly helped-- sure, she wasn't the only one making the routines but Ellie was surprisingly easy to work with. They didn't get off to the best start but that was a given with Juliette. Point is, this year shouldn't be so bad. At the thought of positivity, a sense of dread started to seep in, JJ hadn't told anyone about the miscarriage, she didn't have to. Whatever happened, happened. And the sooner she moved on from it, the sooner she'd be okay.

And no, she hadn't told her boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. It might've been wrong to break up with him before letting him know about the pregnancy, but well, it wasn't like there was anything to worry about anymore... She walked into the room and dropped her suitcase in the corner. "Hey, it's Connie, right?" She knew of her, but it's not like they were friends of any kind-- or like Juliette bothered to remember her name.

"I usually have the left side of the room, but since you've already... marked your territory. You can have it." Look how generous she was! And you wouldn't want to lay on a dirty dog's bed, so why should it be any different for Carter?

Stu

cjTab2r.gif

Stu was glad Xavier had finally taken notice of their grimy surroundings. ‘Oh, that’s nothing,’ he said. ‘Our last room even had cockroaches. They live in the walls… and they come out at night and play, like they own the place.’ OK, so what if he was exaggerating a little? One cockroach, two, three, what’s the difference? They point is they were there, and if there was one of them, you can bet your KitKats there was more! Stu now pointed at the ceiling. ‘We better do something about those cracks, too,’ he said. ‘I hope you’re not a snorer, cos they’ll get in your mouth and all, if you’re not careful—’

That was partly speaking from experience, but also partly meant to subconsciously discourage Xavier from snoring. Stu wasn’t a snorer himself, but he always had trouble going to sleep. When he had his pillow stolen last year (oh, the trauma), he had to make do with bunching up his clothes and sticking them under his head, and every morning he’d wake up with a sore neck. That must have done something to his health, because nowadays, even with a pillow, it could take him hours of writhing back and forth to fall asleep. He even tried counting sheep, but that just made things worse because anything sheep simply reminded him of Sheep Street, which was bound to make him homesick.

Xavier being a snorer would categorically suck. Or what if he was the type who blasted music all day and all night? Or came back late after partying every night? Or someone who never washed his clothes and reeked of sauerkraut? Getting a new roommate was risky business! That’s why Graham and he were trying to get the same room again. At least with Graham he could be sure there’d be no late night partying, and very minimal snoring.

‘Yeah,’ he replied. ‘As I was saying, we was supposed to get a room at Persimmons. We submitted the application thing quite early, we thought—’

He sighed.

‘Well, it doesn’t much matter now.’ If there was one thing Stu had learnt from being at this school, it was that complaining with the staff got you nowhere. You couldn’t get much help from anyone around here, not the teachers, not the students. It was a dog eat dog world out there.

Stu went back to pairing and folding his socks. His phone buzzed on the bed and he glanced and saw the message from Graham. He’d have to reply to him after the socks were done. Right now he needed full concentration on what he was doing. As everybody knows, sock folding was a highly demanding and complex art.

‘…Soo… are you from Greece or something?’ he said, not wanting to be rude if he got it wrong. ‘I kind of figured from the name.’

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Aeliana
tumblr_inline_ph2j66cYHM1uyanoc_250.gifv

Aeliana cocked her head to one side as if she was attempting to draw Isabelle's actual intentions. She seemed friendly, but you couldn't be sure with a girl like that-- or well, in general. "That is such a beautiful name, very graceful yet powerful. Hopefully the name reflects the owner." Isabelle's words brought a curious glint in the brunette's eyes and only made Elena more suspicious, granted, it was high school. But you couldn't trust anyone, and god forbid Aeliana fell down the rabbit hole of an actual friendship with her roommate. She didn't bother with a thank you, "It does." She replied. A grin appeared on her face not a second later before she continued."Oh, yes! It's practically my first language." There was a few languages Aeliana was fluent in, but french was by far her favorite. It was a language of love, was it not?

"I hope you don't mind, I make a habit of finding out what I can about the people I associate myself with, just to be cautious, of course." Her phone buzzed and Elena reached into her silver studded purse to read a message from Xavier and she sighed audibly, shaking her head. Her and Xaiver formed... somewhat of a bond over these last few months, he was like... a cockroach, but instead of dying-- he would never go away.

Xx. Mine is from France, pretty too. So, paws off. The last thing I need is you in my room naked.

Aeliana looked up from her phone to glance around the room and gave Isabelle a nod of approval. The downside to living in dorm is that they weren't very sanitary, and neither were the people who lived in them. At least this time she had gotten semi-lucky with Bella. "Of course not. I'm glad I did not end up with a slob as a roommate. So, Isabelle, you have a sister don't you?" Yes, she knows that too.

How?

Elena knew everything, she made it a mission to.

geminiy geminiy KingofAesir KingofAesir

kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

Kekoa didn’t want to assume, but the way Harper excluded her mom made her wonder if talking about parents was a sensitive topic. So, she decided not to pry. At least not now. Perhaps a few more months of getting to know her roommate would help. She had learned that from her experience with Colby when she first met him last year.

“I didn’t know Colorado has hot springs. Nice,” Kekoa remarked. “Hawaii has some, too, mostly in the Big Island, from what I’ve heard. Although, I think some parts in the Puna district are permanently closed—being taken over by lava can do that...” That might’ve taken a slightly dark turn, mentioning how a hot spring got overrun with lava. Kekoa didn’t want to let the short awkward pause last any longer, so she continued. “But yeah, a dip in hot springs during summer? Not my idea of staying cool. Unless summer nighttimes get a little chilly.”

Her smartphone pinged a new message to her, pausing the music. She took it out of the speaker dock to read the text:
Yo, secret party soon, probably at the haunted house. Might see something catch on fire. Hope to catch you there. 😊

Nearly 2 weeks without one word from her pen pal, and this was the first thing he texted her since arriving at the school? The thought of it made her roll her eyes as she replied back to him. (Nice to finally hear from you, too, yo.) She still couldn't quite understand why she was friends with a dork like Colby. The guy takes the nickname "Cheese boy" with pride, even though she rarely heard anyone call him that. Whatever the universe’s reasons for it, she thought he was an okay dude. A bit of an odd dork, but an okay one, and there weren’t many boys who were okay in her book.

“Hey, my friend—who's also new to school here like me, BTW—just told me there’s gonna be a party possibly at the school’s haunted house. And I think Smokey the Bear just encouraged us to have fun playing with fire there,” she added, after seeing the school mascot respond on Twitter only 4 or 5 times regarding the party announcement. “Also, Silver Oak has its own haunted house?”

This was the first time Kekoa has heard of this, an unusual unexpected surprise. She and her parents spent most of the summer researching the boarding school, and there was zero mention about an abandoned and possibly haunted house on campus. Kekoa wasn’t someone who’d believe in paranormal stuff, but learning about stories behind them was intriguing sometimes.

Harper Anderson
giphy.gif

"I didn't either!" She smiled, Keoka must of had such an interesting life in Hawaii. She wished that her father had chose a different state but, what had it mattered, they wouldn't have spent much time wherever they ended up anyways. "I came across it on Facebook in the airport today." She chuckled lightly at herself. "So, I've only wanted to go for about 6 hours. But I might try to on the first holiday."

Harper dropped her head with a light laugh and a small smile. "That sounds about right, they're always having some party here." Carter looked back up at Keoka. "And, for some reason the school doesn't seem to care what we do. I guess that's what having money does for you." Harper wasn't much of a partier, but her friends and boyfriend were so she took the opportunity to hangout with them. They usually had a lot of fun together.

"I'm not into paranormal stuff.... Mostly because it scares the crap out of me." Harper bit her lip. "But it also scares me so much that it interests me."

"So the story is that the daughter of the house went insane and cut her brother's heart out, and killed the rest of the family, and then herself." Harper pinched her lips together. "The library has a whole story on it. Honestly I made my boyfriend tell me the story." She shook her head. "I think if I read it myself it would of been too intense for me."

"If you want. I know you already have your friend, Colby, but you can hang out with me and my friends tonight?"

"At least so you know where your going, you can totally ditch us when you find Colby." Harper Tapped the side of her uncovered bed and decided that now was probably a good time to finish up packing. She pushed herself back off of her mattress, standing up again she stretched out a bit before unzipping her backpack and putting her clothes into the dresser beside her bed. "Oh-"

"I also promise it won't be weird, you won't feel like an extra wheel at all. I know sometimes people feel weird when they hangout with couples, we're a bit bigger of a group than that. I'm sure my friend Flo will show up, and so will Zach and Noah. They're honestly great people."

"Oh, and Colby can hang out with us too, if he wants." Harper was rambling again, she tended to do that whenever she got nervous and didn't know how someone else would receive her invite. "Sorry.."

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Mentions: Too many

Carter Zigmond
tumblr_nb3z1hWCeO1r2x17ho6_250.gif

Carter ignored the sound as she heard the door open, continuing to focus on her book. She knew that JJ was bound to show up soon, and now they were going to have to deal with each other for the next year. Carter kept reading and nonchalantly turned the pages of her book, as she heard JJ mistake her name over her music. Carter didn't even bother to look up at her. "Pretending you don't know my name Juliette isn't going to get you the attention you're looking for."

Carter continued to read her book, not even bothering to look over at JJ as she complained about not getting the left side of the room. "If you were that concerned with where you would get to sleep, I guess you should of gotten here earlier than me." Carter was not giving JJ the attention that she craved. Everyone knew JJ as the girl who was an attention hog, she always needed the spotlight on her, and Carter was not going to be the one to give it to her.

Carter closed her book and placed it back on the side table before sitting up. She took out her headphones one by one placing her phone on the book with her headphones rolled on top. "I've been in this room since I was a freshman, you're more than welcome to try to scare me off, but the only way I'm leaving is if I'm moving into the senior house." Carter put her hands down on the outside of her legs. "Or you could try to kill me" she shrugged. "I'd love to see you try." Her smirk was sinister, "But, I don't suggest that. You probably wouldn't want to get your hands dirty."

Interactions: Soap Soap

tumblr_inline_ptz7dqOTTb1tbbu3v_500.gif

Brayden had still been unpacking when he heard the door open and who he assumed was his roommate for the year stepped through the door. He already seemed like a decent dude, and then when Brayden heard his roommates name, he couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle. He knew that would probably confuse him and he needed only a moment to compose himself. It was like whoever assigned each person their roommates were having their own joke when they placed Hayden with Brayden. Brayden wasn’t one for handshakes, “Whoever assigned us really has a stupid sense of humor. I’m Brayden.” He still couldn’t help but laugh a little. The chances of them being roomed together especially for Brayden’s first year were slim and yet here they were.

He was going to do his best to make sure him and Hayden got along and became friends because Brayden couldn’t only have one friend in the whole school, “For my first day here at least I get a good laugh with our names. Who would’ve thought they would room a Hayden and Brayden? Small world I guess.” He had a small smile on his face, and he hoped he wasn’t coming off weird to his new roommate and eventually friend seeing as they were going to be living together. Friendship would probably be inevitable unless Hayden was some giant dick and then Brayden would swing at least once to make sure he established he wasn’t one to be messed with.

Dazzle Dazzle
--
5441f986638a57b16b14abaa8483dd0159062f87.gif

Tatum let Grace talk, at least she figured out quickly her roommate was a sharer something Tatum never was or cared to be, but she didn’t judge her. She let her get it all out before she made any attempt at a comment. Grace was new so this would make for an interesting year and maybe just maybe Tatum would like her as long as Grace wasn’t bitchy or messy, she would get along fine with her. She hadn’t had much time to check in with the others, but she missed some of her friends or acquaintances…party buddies? She wasn’t entirely sure what some of them were, but she missed seeing Alaska and Carter, even Zach. Plus, she still had Brayden to worry about though he hadn’t sent her a message, so she hoped he was doing well with his roommate situation. She let her brain wander for only a moment more before she went back to Grace and noticing that Grace seemed nervous, “new schools suck.” Tatum tried to play it off nice but really, they did.

She felt bad for Grace, “I’m not one to ask about feelings, but it’s okay to be scared of a new school. I can always introduce you to some of my friends later, but I guess my real question is why are you here? If you want to talk about it.” Tatum didn’t want to seem nosy, but Grace seemed way too nice and way too innocent to have been sent here. Almost everyone she knew had a reason for Silver Oak, hell she was here because she was rebellious. No one was innocent at this school except maybe the nerds, but they were sweet, and Tatum left them alone and would try and make sure the others weren’t too mean to them. But besides them no one here was here without some actual reason. Parents didn’t want them around, they were troublemakers, lawbreakers, bullies, etc. No one was innocent so she needed to know if her roommate was a nerd or broken like everyone else.

Soap Soap

Ellie Kensington
Ellie Gif 38.gif

Summer had been a whirlwind of parties, hook-ups and adventures for the troublesome Kensington teen while she was back in sunny LA. Now though it was back to being shipped off to Oregon where she could do even less damage. If her parents could, Ellie was pretty sure they'd keep her at Silver Oak over the summer too rather than have to let her loose on the rest of the world. Instead they had to have her back in some capacity so they made sure she stayed in LA while they went on their business trips and left an effective babysitter to keep her antics out of the press in the form of a PR expert/lawyer. Gotta love family right?

Still at least coming back to school she got cheer back again which, although she'd deny it completely, Ellie actually really cares about. And then of course there were her friends and the boys, and the girls and the parties. Oh the perks of private schools with lots of rich kid money to make people look the other way. So when then fancy hired town car with the faceless driver dropped her off at the dorms, Ellie wasn't too dejected. Instead she eyed up the students, trying to spot anyone new or interesting as a hot sophmore lad carried her bags up to her room for her in exchange for a simple kiss - such was the effect she had.

Once in her room, it was straight back to usual business in the form of dropping her bag on her chosen bed, slamming open the window and climbing out onto the roof. Time to hang her legs over the edge and watch the ants scurry below. Her phone buzzed just as she sat down and Ellie smiled as she read the text from Flo. Nah I'm good, there's time to unpack later, but you can come chill on the roof with me if you want? she text back, knowing full well that she only bother unpack stuff when she needed it.

Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow

tumblr_ogrj9eai6z1u06lato4_250.gifv

William Edmond

"August, Gus, Auggie... A man of many names it seems," Will mused aloud through his laughs. "You should try and combine them all into one super name!"

Returning to the bottom bunk, Will unzipped the suitcase and began attempting to sort through the absolute chaos within its confines. He cursed silently at himself for not being more organized with his belongings, knowing full well that it would take him a better part of an hour to try and get the entire mess sorted out. He could practically see hear his mother and her 'I told you so' speech, waiting for Will to try and sort it out himself before rushing in to help him.

"So," Will began, scooping out a small pile of clothes and tossing it haphazardly on the bed, "is this your first year here or have you been here a while? It's my first year here. I can't imagine having spent most of my high school career in a place so... Stuffy? I don't know if that's the right word. Prestigious, maybe? Uptight? I don't know, man. All I know is that this place seems a little bit out of my league, it looks and sounds so fancy. But you seem like a cool dude who can laugh so maybe this place won't be half bad."

Will hadn't realized he had been droning on, possibly boring his poor roommate to death. But that's what he did when he's nervous, though he wouldn't admit that such a school filled him with near dread. Will was never academically top of his class, sitting somewhere in the middle of the pack in almost everything. Silver Oak seemed like a place that smart, rich kids with fancy tutors and weekend getaways went to. And it most certainly didn't feel like it was somewhere that big city born and raised Will belonged. Where graffiti should be were tall vines of ivy, where groups of smoking teenagers should have been stood genetically elite students talking about their academics. It was bizarre. Who knew that a school could give someone near culture shock?

| August mogy mogy |

tumblr_nm0ghdT33Y1tlmbsuo4_250.gifv

Isabelle Dupont

Bella continued to straighten a few things out as she listened to Elena talk. She couldn't get a good read on her new roommate, though Bella was never the best at reading people. Elena seemed nice enough, perhaps overly cautious, maybe a bit stuck up likely due to the lifestyle that put that expensive jewelry on her wrists. Elena didn't exactly rub Bella the wrong way, but she couldn't exactly tell if she liked her. Regardless, Bella kept up a pleasant demeanor and listened intently to Elena.

You have a sister, don't you?

The girl instantly paused, an eyebrow raising in curiosity. Was she set to share a room with a really rich 007 or something? It seemed weird that this girl who Bella hardly knew at all seemed to know everything about her. Just about anyone could tell that Bella was French from her wispy voice and melodic tone, both identifiers of a Frenchman speaking English. But the sister thing? For all Elena knew, the pictures of Jackie on the wall could very well have been a friend from home. No, Elena had done her research.

"Um, oui. Jacqueline, she's a senior. Most people just call her Jackie though, she thinks Jacqueline is far too fancy," Bella explained, sliding the suitcase gently under her bed. As if on cue, the cellphone on her nightstand buzzed, alerting her of a text message.

'Made it safely. I'm going to visit Noah before I fully unpack and give him the gift if you want to join me? '

Bella smiled softly, shooting back an 'okay' and sliding the phone back onto the nightstand. "Well, you'll actually get to meet her. She'll be coming by soon, we're going to go say hello to a few friends."

Bella sat down softly on her bed, crossing her legs beneath her. "So, what's your family like? Any siblings?"

|Elena Soap Soap |

haqhO5h.gif

Jacqueline Dupont

"Ma'am? Ma'am? Are you awake?"

A soft groan slipped through Jackie's lips, her entire body urging her to pass right back out. She felt weak, a gentle pounding in her head demanded Tylenol, her mouth felt as if she had swallowed sand in her sleep. Slowly, Jackie forced her eyes open to look around. Where the hell was she?

And then, in a quick moment, Jackie realized that the taxi she had hailed at the airport had arrived at the academy. Jackie immediately swung the car door open and jumped to her feet, feeling like an absolute idiot for practically blacking out in the back of the car. Her bags were already out of the trunk, waiting to be brought into the academy.

"Oui, oui. Thank you for the help," Jackie said, rifling through her bag and handing the man his payment as well as a handsome tip. "You have a lovely day now."

With a tip of his hat, the driver got back in the taxi and pulled away from the curb, leaving Jackie alone with her bags in front of the academy. Finally, after two incredibly long flights, one major screw up, and many long hours of waiting in bustling airport for a plane that could bring her to Oregon, Jackie was finally at school.

Her journey had begun with Bella as they departed from Paris-Charles De Gaulle the day before, ready to face the two long connecting flights. But when they reached the second airport, the sisters found out that the airline had overbooked the flight to Oregon and only could allow one of the girls on. Of course Bella went on, leaving Jackie stranded at some airport for the longest layover of her life. Once she finally got to Oregon, the airline had lost her bags, resulting in another two and a half hour wait. Needless to say, no one should have been surprised when Jackie passed out in the cab.

Jackie began to make her way into Longford House where she was certain at least one of her roommates were already waiting for her. In most people's books, her arrival would have perfectly on time. But for Jackie, she was horribly late and she absolutely despised being late.

Locating her room, Jackie softly pushed the door open before stepping in and closing it softly behind her. Jackie took a moment to take in the room, a clear upgrade from her tiny dorm room the year before. Finding the first room empty, Jackie made her way inside and lodged her bags at the foot of the bed. Jackie pulled a small parcel out of a suitcase, laying it carefully on the bed. Jackie wasn't typically the kind of person that gave gifts outside of the holiday season or birthdays, but when she happened upon a vintage camera during a fundraising sale on her father's base, Jackie simply had to get it for him. She had to make a stop at Noah's room to drop his gift off to him. Jackie decided to bring Bella along with her. But first, she had to see if anyone had arrived.

"Hello?" Jackie called out, peeking inside each room until she reached the last room where she was not surprised to find her blonde friend. "Sawyer! Salut, l'ami, how was your summer?"

| Sawyer KingofAesir KingofAesir |

a26d9f47283ad70e158c664130f7c956a322cc5f.gifv
sebastian
Graham Dazzle Dazzle , Eddie Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Maybe Sebastian should’ve arrived earlier, but he couldn’t do anything about the flight delays or long search for his two large luggage that somehow didn’t arrive at the conveyor belt one time (he managed to find them). He had tried convincing his parents to have him stay with his grandfather or any relatives near the school during the last month before classes would begin. It would’ve made this trip easier for him. Or better yet, he should’ve gone live with his aunt somewhere in Los Angeles. She had moved there from Maine not long ago. Seb would’ve preferred living in that city than a boarding school in Oregon of all places.

After arriving at the school grounds by taxi, he was taken to an office. For a moment, he was worried the school would expel him for skateboarding on one of the main buildings' outdoor staircases last year, or they discovered the frying pan incident. Instead, it was just about some weird last-minute mix up with the room arrangement. It took nearly 10 minutes to finally get it sorted out. They gave him his new set of keys and he went on his way to his assigned dorm room—

—only to find two sophomores already there. The school forgot to mention he would have two more roommates, and he didn’t know either of them. Apparently, the school also forgot to add a third bed in the room.

“You gotta be fucking kidding me,” Seb grumbled under his breath, dropping two suitcases on the floor beside his feet. Last year, he simply stayed in the background, minding his own business, and rarely anyone bothered him. In fact, he didn’t even have a roommate last year since there was an odd number of boys. And it was glorious having a whole dorm room to himself. This year was starting out as a bust.

kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

“Yikes, that’s… that’s pretty dark.” Well, she already suspected death in the story like most haunted houses tend to have. But even from that short detailed summary—yikes, indeed. That wasn’t quite what she had expected. She read Stephen King’s IT a while back, but unsure if she actually finished it or not... Well, nothing could go wrong learning a bit more about the haunted house’s story. Ghosts weren’t real. Kekoa didn’t live in that sort of genre.

“But enough about cutting out hearts and murders.” Kekoa scooted closer to the edge of her bed, crossing her legs under her blanket. There wasn’t much she could do since Harper didn’t need help unpacking her clothes. Kekoa just listened to her minor rambling—well, it was minor to her; Kekoa had gotten used to Colby’s chatterbox trait.

“It’s all right. You don’t have to apologize for talking,” she said patiently. Awkwardness was something she was used to by now, too. Everyone is awkward at some point, anyway. “I’d like to hang out with you and your friends at the party. Even if I ended up being the third wheel, I'm kinda used to it after living with my parents. It's really cute that you have a boyfriend, tell me about him. And don’t worry about Colby. He’ll most likely be doing something else before I see him again. He’s been a little distant recently, not sure why. I’m surprised you know him already.”

Kekoa knew her pen pal grew up in the town outside of Silver Oak nearly all his life before moving to California. But he never actually interacted with anyone at the academy since moving back during summer vacation. At least, as far as she knew. Oh god, she really hoped he didn't do anything stupid enough that made people already knowing his name now, like street racing again or worse. He better not have brought his deathtrap of a motorcycle on campus somehow.

Last edited:
tumblr_pgkyi8GKoL1xbv6tpo4_250.gifv

Red Donovan
“I should plead the fifth, then,” Red laughingly said, a laugh which would then segue to an inconstant one, quartered in fickle by the biting of tongue from the premier of a cringe.

If anyone needed a comedian that couldn’t crack jokes, well...

“But, that sounds great! Busy, busy, busy,” Red pantomimed speed with his loose hands, “Is certainly good, good, good.”

Red Donovan let his back slump against the ladder of their bunks, concaving from a straight structure to a wind-thrown flower, eyes thawed to liquid chocolate under the romanticism of the sun. Passing through his eyes, the light brambled interbetween the shade of open drawers and over his crouched roommate who unpacked, shirts finding their folds as he neatly piled them.

“Noah, I was wondering...” he thought out loud, “Well, I was thinking…”

“I was wondering and thinking,” Red corrected with a casual tenor, “Are you, could you hypothetically be..not hypothetically... realistically... maybe be interested in being friends?”

An inflection of hope dusted his face in pink, so he clumsily pulled himself up the ladder, legs dangling over the edge of his bed.

Great...now, he was staring at him from a few feet above.

“I mean if you just want to just be roommates, that’s completely just as great too, dude. In fact, that’s just as amazing,” Red resumed, falling back onto his mattress like a half-blown balloon, tracing the outer edge of the corner of the ceiling and his daze, “I promise I’ll be invisible and never, ever bother you again or Barry. You know how you can be invisible in those sci-fi movies, I’ll do that! Well, they use a green screen, but you know, details…”

mogy mogy

alia1.gif
Meera Desai
“No sweat,” Meera imitated Flo’s words, “Got it!”

The flapping butterflies in her stomach ported south for the great migration to the fir woods as Florence lifted her spirits. While some words caused her eyebrows to intricately ruffle, begone was her jittery feelings. She decided that if they were ever to return, they couldn’t. Zipping up her bag, she trapped her foreign worries within, and kicked the brown felted bag under her bed.

“Your friends,” she said, trying to shake off her accent, “I can be introduced to them!?”

“That is spec-spectangular. Spectacular,” she sing-song cheered, clasping her hands together with a peeling clap.

Maybe she did watch a lot of Bollywood and was a little dramatic.

“Oh no,” she broke out, jumping to her feet, patting her hair at the roots, “Do I look..look okay?” She swooped towards the bathroom, the door hitting the wall with a flattening groan from the hinges. Blowing out a few wispy black-brown stands from her face, and deflating her dress, she peeked her head out, “Do you think...that.. this fashionable?”

Moonshadow Moonshadow

August Russo
tumblr_b6466f029b1fe23d86f08b2ef67889d5_e15fb04c_540.gif
"I haven't even thought of that! Good ide-, no, a great idea!" August said, correcting himself midway.

As Will started unpacking his unorganized clothes and putting them into his dresser's drawers, something August had already done some time ago, August took his yellow yoyo, which he had previously set onto his desk, starting to fidget with it.

He observed the way it went up and down as if it was the most interesting thing in the world, and at that moment, to August, it had been. Truth was, the simple yoyo he was fidgeting in his hand had helped August more than a lot of people can imagine a yoyo helping somebody. Once he had become good at using the yoyo, every time he would use it, flicking it up and down, he would feel a tremendous amount of accomplishment and enjoyment overcome him.

This, for people with ADHD, was both a blessing and a curse. It was a curse simply because once he was doing it, it was very easy to get lost in it, basically spending a long period of time playing with a yoyo without even realizing how much time passed. However, it was definitely more of a blessing for August, because having a yoyo in his hand helped him focus more on the conversation, and it was exactly the reason why August could answer Will's big amount of questions without having to ask him to repeat.

"I've been in this stuffy place my whole high school life, but even though it seems very stuck-up and rich, most of the people aren't even close to that, you know?" August said, looking at Will trying to make out of the mess that was his clothes, before continuing: "I feel like you'll be fine here. I mean, you already made a friend, and the first day hadn't even ended. I think that's an accomplishment."

August looked at Will, and his facial expressions revealed to August that he had been thinking about something, something not particularly good, and August didn't want his roommate, his newly-made friend to feel bad about something when he should be excited for being in this new place filled with new and exciting people.

"How about you leave that clatter of clothes for later and you and I go get something to eat. You know, so I can show you that this place isn't actually all that bad. I can even help you put your clothes away when we get back?"

Interactions: geminiy geminiy (Will)​

Noah Stewart
noah.gif
Red's awfully stupid joke made Noah giggle because it was one of the stupidest jokes he had ever heard, which was exactly what made it so funny, especially because Red had said it in his awkward tone of voice.

As the younger boy started to talk, obviously trying to ease into the topic, and with that, avoid it, Noah didn't know where he was going to go with it. He had hoped the core wasn't something about having a foot fetish and smelling his socks, solely because that would be very weird, and would bring back a lot of gladly forgotten memories. Noah was definitely glad not to be roommates with Liam Gardner anymore.

A sigh of relief escaped Noah's mouth when he had realized Red was talking about the two of them being friends, and it took him a moment to calm down from all the bad things which passed through his head.

"Well, I'm simply sorry. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't even dare to share a room with somebody I don't consider my friend. It would be pretty scary for my roommate to just be my roommate. Have you not seen all those horror movies in which the invisible roommate kills the other roommate because they aren't friends? I simply don't want the same situation to happen here." Noah joked, starting of seriously, but slowly shifting into the normalcy of a joke, confirming to Red that the two were, in fact, friends. Noah knew Red didn't have a single friend in Silver Oak, and he was honored to be asked to be his first one.

Interactions: lion. lion. (Red)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back