• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Silver Oak Academy: Season 1

Harper Anderson
original.gif

Harper was ecstatic to be back in Chase's arms. She unfortunately noticed the distance he had put between them since the end of school year and throughout the summer. But, this year would be different, Harper just figured that it was probably just because Chase had to make a decision this year. College was terrifying, and he didn't know what he wanted. Right? Harper wasn't going to dwell on what she didn't know, she was just happy to be with him in that moment. Everything just felt, right.

Harper let go of Chase's hand, he was feeling a bit clammy, and she just chalked it up to him being nervous. They hadn't been together in almost three months, they were bound to have a bit of awkward moments together. She wrapped her arm around his waist, resting her chin on his shoulder. "I'm sure she wasn't that bad, I almost never saw Hayden. I thought I was going to forget I had a brother." She laughed lightly. She dropped her hand from his waist, going back to walking beside him.

She started to feel bad, she had invited Keoka her roommate to come with them, promising she wouldn't feel like a complete third wheel. But Harper was doing a bad job at keeping her promise. She hadn't realized how hard it would be when she hadn't seen Chase in so long. "Keoka, I can't wait to introduce you to my friend Flo, you'll love her." She picked Chase's hand back up without even thinking about it.

"Chase's sister is Alaska, she's the sweetest thing ever.." She thought about that for a moment, Alaska was incredibly caring but you wouldn't want to be caught on her bad side. "She goes here too. Just.. Don't piss her off." She laughed, it almost seemed like a joke, but she was pretty sure that Alaska could kill someone if given the right circumstances.

It wasn't long till the three of them arrived at the beach of the observatory, and Harper was caught off guard by Chase sweeping her up into a much too brief kiss. He was just making her remember how much she missed him, even if she wasn't usually into PDA. Being without someone for three months made her just want him that much more.

"Hi Zach." Harper smiled, standing next to Keoka. She waited for Chase to leave Zach's embrace and give him a quick hug herself. "This is my roommate Keoka." She felt a little bit better now that they were now a party of 4, and Keoka wouldn't be as much a of a third wheel. Harper placed herself back next to Chase, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Have you heard from Noah, yet? Is he coming."

Harper let go of Chase again to send a quick text to Flo, she hoped that she had decided to come to the party. Harper knew that parties weren't her scene, heck they both used to hide in their dorm and have movie nights last year rather than showing up to the party. Of course all that changed when she started dating Chase, he tended to lean more towards the party scene and Harper tagged along to hang out with him.

'Hey, you here? I want to introduce you to my roommate!! <3'

Interactions: lion. lion. a z u l a a z u l a 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow mogy mogy

yes.gif
Zachary Lee

Tatum Browne was the one exception to his one glance. Out of this room, excepting on the outlook for his other friends, he had looked at her the most.

“Is that who I think it is? The killer couple?”

Zachary Lee would set his red cup down, and the alcohol would all tip to one side of the circular rim as high as physics would sport it, then it would fall back on itself after a taste of air, settling down like a pond.

His mouth furled to a tongue-swept grin like the leading streak of apricot after a mousy day of grey clouds. The party had been swelling, jumbling in laughter, swinging with wanderers of lost and found souls all who would walk in mazes before backing up into a belonging flock. Even with the obstructing bodies knitted close together, he could make out two intertwined figures.

“Will you look at that?” Zach blatantly bantered, winner-smiling to Harper as lean muscle encased him in a tight vice, “Your boyfriend hugs me tighter than he hugs you.”

“But, that’s okay,” Zach resumed once they broke their hug, “I’ve missed my best friends, especially you, my man. Where the hell have you been Chase?” He lightly pinched his biceps, “And have you been working out without me?”

And, why haven’t we talked as much?

Why are you so distant?

What are you hiding?

Zachary Lee fitted his eyes on his friend almost with silent questioning and would’ve got in another light punch at Chase if it weren’t for Harper’s turn of hug. Harper’s lithe frame dipped into him almost in a foreign nostalgia, nothing alike, but somehow so alike to those moments down memory lane...to the ocean-front, smell of wet sand and something like-

The hug ended as quick as it came, and he was introduced to the new girl. She was pretty, all right. At a different time, different place, he would’ve thought differently. But this was now, not another chronicle of time. In a snap of a frame, he knew his eyes slipped. Baby face, soft jaw shaped as if a hot knife was dropped through butter, turtle-shell brown eyes, sleek body, she had a personality if she hadn’t known her body.

“Well, I have to give it to you, Harper Anderson. You have officially made me jealous,” Zachary Lee remarked, half-triumphantly, “Nice to meet you Kekoa.”

Distractions never left, and the third of his came around the corner at the mention of Noah.

“Noah,” he repeated Harper, “Where is our favorite philosopher?”

“Although,” his smile broadened with just the abstractness of a tint of genuinity, “He does like making the fashionably late statement.”

While he hid it well, the Noah Stewart epitomized the intricacies behind the thrown around word “friend.” Everyone scrambled at that word, eager to use it, only to crumple it like a sheet of notebook paper. Creases of notebook never truly diminished, even when the fine iron made its presses. In ordinary, the nature-lover, the boy who checkmated his chess games every time, had become a closer friend to Zach then he would’ve realized, especially with Chase’s avoidant at a secret.

a z u l a a z u l a mogy mogy Dazzle Dazzle 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

C8724776-8FD1-401E-A0EA-D23A0BD4BDDF.gif
🅕🅛🅞🅡🅔🅝🅒🅔
She had never been relieved to get a text then right now. The moment she stayed too close to the punch was the moment she realized parties are meant for groups of friends. Her eyes drifted to pockets and pockets of groups wondering how she could shimmy her way in there, but in the end only pouring herself another drink. She noticed Alaska coming the party first which she remembered was Chase’s sister. Which meant Chase was here. Which could mean Harper was here. It was funny how knowing one person could unlike other people. Everyone was connected in one way or another. Like star constellations... how poetic.

Then, her phone pinged and her anxieties seemed to wash away. Harper. She had missed her over the summer, they FaceTimed sometimes but it wasn’t the same than being in the room with her and laughing together. She forgot how much she missed her. She walked over swiftly leaving her cup behind and forgetting about all the people as she scanned around. When she saw Harper along with others she smiled brightly before rushing over. “Harper!” She called out before stopping at the group. “I made it out this time! I missed you!” She hugged the girl real quick before noticing Harper and Chase glued together. Ah so, they lasted the summer after all. That’s good. “Hey Chase.” She wasn’t quite friends with him, only on the occasion when he came to their dorm room last year. She looked over to the other guy in the group, she recognized him a bit on Twitter, he definitely didn’t alter his photos. He did look pretty stunning. Reminds me of some the guys I’ve raced. Was all that came to mind as she introduced herself to him. “I’m Naomi, but I like to go by my middle name Florence. Or Flo.” She also introduced herself to the unfamiliar girl. She assumed this was the roommate Harper was talking about. She was really cute, she was reminded of Meera and her sister when she looked at her. Soft and shining, the definition of innocence if the word could ever be paired to a face. “So uh, how was everyone’s summer? I heard you mentioning Noah is he coming too? Oh and does anyone want a drink?” The punch is good. She wanted to add, but decided not to remind herself about drinking three cups of it. She felt scattered brained trying to remember everyone but she’s pretty sure she remembered Noah from Harper and from Instagram. Although they’re interactions were few and far between. She felt like all she could do is bring drinks and watch everyone talk. But, she had to do her best to be somewhat sociable.

Madi Lexington-Montgomery
Madi Gif 58.gif

In her hand Madi's phone buzzed as Hayden's reply came in. Oh gosh he had said he'd pick her up! She tried taking a deep breath to help calm herself as her brain was spiralling because don't the wrong thing. 'Sorry sorry sorry!' her fingers texted back quickly. Day 2 of being back and she was already messing up. What was wrong with her?

Luckily, before she could get too deep into her self-shame spiral, a certain goofy smirk came into view and snapped her out of it. "Hey back at you," Madi responded, a smile forming on her lips before taking the offered hand for a delicate shake, "Nice to meet you too Brayden." Her hand fell back to her side softly; her parents would have been proud. "You could have done a lot worse than Hayden for a roommate so I think yes, you are lucky. Also, what a coincidence that your names rhyme boys." A small bubble of laughter escaped her as they started walking since it really was kind of funny. The Ayden's room.

"I'm not so sure about being ready to party I have to say. I've spent the summer at my parent's idea of a party many a time and they're rather different here at school," Madi answered Hayden's question. "Also I'm really sorry about meeting you instead of waiting but my new roommate is a slightly scary junior." It was true, Naomi kinds terrified her just a bit.

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Mentions: geminiy geminiy

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f656c5f31377a637530386c436a513d3d2d3630353933313431342e313534326337643034383464323939303430393632333833333337382e676966

Tallulah Woods wasn't sure which was worse, living at Silver Oak where she was as invisible as the creature she had got her twitter namesake from; or living with her mother who only saw her daughter as who she wanted her to be and refused to see her for who she truly was. Probably the latter, so she was at least a little excited to be heading back to school. She wouldn't have to be under the constant watchful eye of her mother while pretending to be perfect at least. The downside was that people at school often thought her authentic self was weird and generally undesirable. Damned if she did, damned if she didn't. At least at school she didn't hate herself.

The first few days Lulu was planning on laying low and keeping quiet. If you embarrass yourself early in the year you never live it down. Her roommate seemed okay enough but she had yet to really speak to them. She was cautious of living with someone she didn't know. If they turned out to be a jerk she was determined to not give them any ammo. So far now she'd wait and observe. Watch and listen and find out what kind of person her roommate was.

Through twitter Lulu learned of a party and it gave her conflicting thoughts. On the one hand there would assuredly be cruel people there, and one wrong step would mean disaster for her. On the other hand though there was bound to be some nice people right? Surely there'd be at least one person she could attempt to befriend? Someone to have her back this year? Plus she could likely disappear in the crowd. She was easy to not notice.

With a determined huff Lulu grabbed her camera and got ready to head out. She put on a white sundress with daisies printed on it and stopped in front of the mirror. She rustled her hair in several different directions trying to decide what to do with it. Once she had settled on a look she pulled out her phone and sent a message to one of the only friends she made last year. She had met Graham Moore in a ballet class and they had become friends. He didn't shy away from his passions and Lulu liked that about him. If all else failed she wanted to at least have one friendly face at this party.

Lulu was finally ready and made her way to where the party was being held, a skip in her step. She tried to remain as optimistic as possible. Good things happened when you put out good vibes to the universe. Once she was able to see people however she lost some of her nerve. She stopped in her tracks, feet betraying her and not allowing her to continue any further. She bit her lower lip, now panicking about just standing there doing nothing. She took a deep breath and forced herself to go to the outskirts of the gathering. Far enough away for her own comfort, but close enough to still be considered part of this party. Her hands reached up and gripped her camera tightly out of anxiety. A flash of chestnut coloring caught Lulu's eye and she looked up into a nearby tree. A Chestnut-Backed Chickadee sat on a low branch and serenaded her. A small smile crossed her face and she slowly brought her camera to her face so as to not startle it. She took a couple of pictures of the song bird and tried to mimic the calls it made with whistles.

tumblr_np2uev9T1z1tan360o7_400.gif

Elias Walker
Elias glanced down at the bottle in Tatum's hand, and smiled softly at her offer but shook his head. He was definitely one to get wasted, and go absolutely bonkers at a bash, but that was always further into the night. Plus, he'd only just arrived, and hoped to remember at least the beginning of whatever he did that the party. Who knew what Tatum had in the flask, she was rather resilient when it came to alcohol, but Elias couldn't say the same. "I'm still two months sober since the summer, Tate. Wouldn't want to cancel out ma' hard work too soon, love." He replied, but noticeably spent a moment to look past the drink and towards her blond locs. Loose, but stunning in his eyes, but he'd definitely never have a chance to admit it.

At Eli's words in the background, Elias rolled his eyes and scoffed at his good friend. He pushed an elbow into the other Elias' side, with a mischievous grin, before returning his hands back into the comfort of his hoodie pockets. "Shadow my ass, lottie. You've got too much dip on your chip with that one." Elias mused, but followed his good lad's gaze towards Ryker. The two Aussies already didn't get along, and Elias made a conscious effort to stay at.. well, the other Elias' side in the case things went awry. He'd let Eli pick his own battles, but if he and Ryker were to brawl, and Eli was at the losing end, he'd definitely be prepared to step in. For now though, all it was was senseless bickering, of which Elias made no effort to conceal just how much of a joke he felt it was. He let out a long laugh, and was somehow able to keep the tooth pick between his lips, and not slip onto the ground.

He watched the group grow before him, a dark-haired girl he recognized as Alaska, and another, shorter boy. Elias piqued a brow at the boy's outfit, and his muffled greeting of hello. He shot a short wave in the kid's direction, but his eyes couldn't divert themselves from the dorky ensemble he'd got on. "Surely you don't dress like this all the time, do 'ya? You've got a prissy look to you." He commented, eyes still painted with confusion as they lay on Vered's outfit. "Hiya to you though, lad. Welcome to our little gathering, yeah?"

Noah Stewart
Noah on rocks comres 2.gif
Noah wasn't purposefully late. He didn't even know if he wanted to go to the party in the first place or if he should've pretended to be jetlagged and not really in the mood for partying. The thought of seeing all of his friends, however, lured him to the festivity filled with hormonal teenagers and more alcohol than one could imagine. Noah had even promised his roommate, Red, that he was going to show him around campus and introduce him to his friends, so there genuinely wasn't a better time than the present.

He had been nothing but excited to see his friends after not seeing them for like 3 months, and, well, that wasn't exactly true.

While talking to Red about some weird-ass music genre, Noah noticed his friends had gathered in a little crowd not so far away, the only person missing being himself. Noah dreaded going over there for a little bit, but at least Zach was there. He was the only person out of his friends that he didn't have any negative thoughts connected to.

Knowing that Chase had kissed him, and knowing that he didn't pull right away once he realized what was happening made Noah feel so guilty, and seeing Harper being so happy in his embrace made it that much worse. He wasn't jealous, far from it, he was afraid of losing his friend, or of hurting his friend, who had been nothing but nice ever since the two met. He was also kind of nervous about how the interaction with Chase was going to go. The two weren't exactly acting that friendly online, which was partly Noah's fault. He didn't want to be awkward or salty because people quickly suspect things, which was why he had decided to leave all of the nervousness, guilt, and fear in the first red cup of punch he had drunk. A little alcohol never hurt anybody, even if Noah wasn't exactly deemed a drinker. After that, with Red following behind him, he made his way over to his friends.

"I just had one, but thanks." Noah smiled, pushing his way into the loose circle the people had formed, making sure there was enough space for Red next to him as well. He expected exclaims of joys before getting hugs from his friends.

Interactions: lion. lion. (Red, Zachary), Dazzle Dazzle (Harper), a z u l a a z u l a (Chase), Moonshadow Moonshadow (Florence), @anybody_else_i_forgot (their character)​

yes.gif

Zachary Lee

“Florence it is,” Zachary Lee handsomely conversed, eyes effulgent of bottled turquoise,“But, Naomi is a stunning first name. Maybe between you and I, when you’re up for it, you can tell me why I shouldn’t call you Naomi.”

Zachary Lee could play a thousand Romeos’ if he wanted, but there was little love in his eyes as compared to the scale of lust, and thus the playwright would have him outstripped out of theater and the role. All was well; Zach never fathomed to die for anyone anyways, especially for what was called amour. Imperceptibly turning his head, the pupils of his eyes betrayed him and lastingly persisted on a blonde hemmed in the middle of a couple of guys. He saw the transgressing hearth of the auburn bottle hooped around her loose fingers taking flight; she tossed her head in a laugh, brown haloed irises following a comment. Beginning again like the anniversary of nothing, Zach overtook his cup back into his hand, fingers ployed over the textured edges around the circumference.

“And, so he arrives!” Zach toasted to Noah, forging his cup to a height half-way above his head, when he made his appearance, “I’m so glad that you and your stupid rat survived the plane ride.”

Noah Stewart knew how to make an entrance after all. As Zach imagined, summer had given no tan lines to Noah, but neither had it revolutioned him to any different of a friend, a relief that his brain did not yet comprehend. He was still Noah in the flesh: dark hair cropped at even length at an entropy of volume, a parabola of a smile, and a dumb zodaic sense of kindness that he could never have.

Weaving through the circle that had gathered, and despite the mockery in his tone, his arms spread around and shrouded Noah from escape. Hugging him in a break-bone actuality, he added,“I’m playing. Kind of. Not the rat part.”

Patting his back, he withdrew, and took a tender sip of his drink, smile puckering at the ends of his mouth.

“I never liked family reunions,” he admitted, “But we are all here, right now, and I’m not hating it.”

mogy mogy Moonshadow Moonshadow Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler a z u l a a z u l a 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Dazzle Dazzle @anyoneelsethatI'mmissing

tumblr_p5ldnqS49t1tpd2l3o4_250.gif
kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Chase a z u l a a z u l a , Zach lion. lion. , Noah mogy mogy , Flo Moonshadow Moonshadow

Maybe Kekoa was a tad disappointed that the party wasn’t at the supposedly haunted house. Then again, a bunch of drunk teenagers partying inside a dilapidated old house that could probably collapse if they partied too hard didn’t sound like a good idea. So, that’s one type of crisis averted.

And maybe it was a little awkward being the third wheel for a while. But honestly, Kekoa was fine. It’s not like she’d stare or anything, and it was cute seeing the joy on Harper’s face from seeing her boyfriend again.

When Harper told her about Chase’s sister, Kekoa responded with a single affirmative nod. “Don’t piss off the sweetest thing ever. Duly noted.” It would be an interesting mark in her life to somehow get on the bad side of someone named after a state, but Kekoa would prefer not to let that happen. The last thing she wanted to have a school enemy for the next two or three years of her high school career.

Kekoa had been quiet, almost invisible like a ghost, on their way to the party location. As the scene came into view, she first noticed the lake. She remembered seeing the large lake on the map, and she did not want to be anywhere near it. Well, she was still pretty far away from it, but still, she stuck appropriately close to Harper and Chase’s side in case a random douche bag decides to try tossing her there.

Then, Harper introduced her to the other friends in the group. She waved at them with a small, polite smile. One guy looked like the typical blonde, white surfer guy that she’d seen in Hawaiian beaches many times before. Then another girl appeared, and then a dark-haired guy named Noah. Gosh, Kekoa couldn’t remember the last time she’d hung out with this many people. She was so used to just her two parents and one or two school friends.

“It’s really cool that this school has its own observatory,” Kekoa started offhandedly. “That must not have been cheap to get it.” That was kind of an awkward way to start a conversation, but Kekoa had no idea what other kids here usually talk about. Really, it wasn’t every day that she’d enroll in a school with its own observatory. Or horse stables—seriously, what kind of school has time and money for that? "Anyway... that's a pretty cool name," Kekoa said to the girl who introduced herself as Florence/Flo. "I have a friend whose grandparents are called Grandma and Grandpa Florence by the locals at the town outside the school. It's their last name. They actually own the cafe store here, on campus."

Last edited:
Stu

ebb17615a1f4ffeb291c988f8dc974cc.gif

Whatever reassurances Graham might give him, Stu was in two minds about going to this so-called gathering -- quote unquote. Obviously they weren’t content with being losers for another whole year, or worse until the end of time. Which is why, after much deliberation, they decided it was in their best interest to risk a hike across the fields to the observatory, where a gathering -- quote unquote -- was being advertised all over the twittersphere.

It couldn’t be so bad, right? As long as Stu stayed away from the vodka this time, they should be fine. To be on the safe side, he remembered to fill his own canteen, so he couldn’t be tricked by the older kids into drinking any liquids out of sheer thirst. Although it would have helped if he also remembered to grab his canteen on the way out. Obviously, him being Stu and all, he didn’t.

For someone who looked like a loser in whatever clothes he wore, Stu spent an awful long time going through his newly organised wardrobe trying to put together his ‘safest’ look. Of course, safest meant no neck tie, although he did stuff it in his pocket in case everyone else happened to be wearing them. He just didn't want to be outplayed by anyone in the neck tie department, you know? (Because that was his game, and no one wore a neck tie better than he did, duh.) It didn't help calm his nerves that he had no idea what kind of “gathering” they were getting themselves into. For all he knew, they could end up in some weird satanic cult by the end of the night. Which... as an outcome, was still somehow several degrees more desirable than being beaten into a pulp by Silver Oak’s notorious bullies, the far more likely scenario.

With a final pat of cologne, Stu headed out the door, minus his canteen. He marched downstairs and over to Graham’s room, all the way begrudging that the school denied their request to move to Persimmons. When he got to the door to Room 4 he knocked exactly three times. Twice could be mistaken as accidental, but a fourth might incur the wrath of the celebrity-turned-disgruntled-Silver-Oak-student Eddie Murphy. From what he had heard from Graham about his new roommate, it wouldn’t hurt to err on the side of caution...

Dazzle Dazzle

Hayden Anderson
source.gif

"Madi, stop worrying so much." Hayden rolled his eyes with a smirk on his face. Hayden and Madi became friends last year, her twin brother Sebastian and Hayden played on the same lacrosse team freshman year(and likely would again this year). Madi and her family were rather close so Hayden met all of her siblings rather quickly, and became friends with the whole family. Madi was always worried about doing the wrong thing, rather than just having living in the moment. "It's okay that you met us here." He chuckled.

"Come on, you'll have fun tonight." He started to walk away from the other two, turning back around he looked at Madi and Brayden as he continued to walk backwards. "You just got to learn to live a little." He winked as he turned back around, looking over his shoulder once more. "You coming?"

------

Hayden could tell that out of the three of them, he was the most comfortable in the party 'scene'. He knew that to survive at Silver Oaks you couldn't just hide out, you couldn't wear anything out of the 'ordinary', you had to fit in. You couldn't wear neckties around campus, that would just make you stick out like a sore thumb. Hayden made his way straight for the makeshift bar, sure he had a flask of whiskey in his jeans pocket but he was going to need more than just that. "Pick your poison." Hayden flipped three cups over, and untwisted a bottle of whisky that was a bit darker than what he had in his flask.

Hayden poured two shots of whiskey into his solo cup, placing the bottle back down on the table he lifted the cup to his lips and raised his eyebrows. Smirking as he took a sip. "I think we need a fire." Hayden said biting the his bottom lip. It looked like almost half the school had showed up. Hayden could see Eli with all the popular, would probably break your nose, girls. He had done a decent job getting 'in' with Eli, he however wasn't about to interrupt him tonight.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LittleWolfie LittleWolfie

Graham Moore
tumblr_inline_o76t10YRX61qlt39u_250.gifv

Graham was left alone in his dorm, thankfully. He definitely was dreading sharing a room with Murphy this year. Murphy had left early to go off and do who knows what, but he figured he was probably heading to the party. Graham had been laying in bed reading his spiderman multi-verse comics when he heard a knock at the door. Graham jumped out of his skin, of course he wanted to believe it was definitely Stu, but he couldn't really be sure.

Graham went to climb out of bed, and fell flat on the floor causing a large crash as he took his side table down with him. Graham, despite his dance training, couldn't walk a straight line without hurting himself. As he pulled himself off the ground he made his way to the door, tripping over his own feet on the way caused him to fall into the door and the desk he had slid in front of it. Graham stood back up, and climbed on the desk to look through the peephole. He breathed a sigh of relief to see that it was Stu outside the door. He climbed back off the desk and pushed it out of the way of the door. He then preceded to unlock the door and crack it open just enough to stick his head out and peer around to make sure that no one else was around.

"Hey." Graham opened the door the rest of the way, leaning against the threshold. "So.. Uh.. Are we really going to this thing?" Graham didn't want to not go, but he was still concerned about going. "Like, we totally should, because we're already loosery enough... But.." Graham looked at the ground by Stu's feet. "What if they toss us in the lake, and we get eaten by the Oakness Monster?!" He looked back at Stu with actual concern in his eyes.

Graham hadn't bothered to change for the party, he had just put on a zip up sweatshirt over his plain white tee, with a pair of jeans. He didn't usually get made fun of for his outfits, where as Stu had gotten the name necktie for wearing necktie at an unusual time. Graham's style luckily fit in with everyone, and never drew much attention to him. "If we're going.." Graham said slowly. "Whats the plan?"

Interactions: Dede Dede

Chase

source.gif

"Alaska's definitely something." He joked to both girls, waving over at his sister where she was standing with her friends. It was a relief that Harper had brought her new roommate along, and that they would be surrounded by friends all night. It was a good distraction for him and his girlfriend would be too preoccupied with her friends to notice anything wrong with him.

"Well, you're both equally pretty." Chase joked back to Zach, though honestly it might've been true. Once Harper returned to his side after they'd both greeted their friend, he wrapped his arm back around her. Maybe, if he kept himself anchored to her he would start acting like a good boyfriend again and forget all about whatever the hell had happened with Noah last year. They had been the perfect couple until Chase had gone and screwed everything up, and he didn't know if lying to her or telling the truth was worse.

"Yeah I spent most of summer at a training camp. Gotta impress the talent scouts this season and get a scholarship." It wasn't exactly a lie, he had been training for football most of the summer, but he'd been distant from his friends for other reasons. All summer he'd wanted nothing more than to confide in his best friend about the problems he was facing, but he didn't want Zach to see him for the horrible person he was. After everything that had happened, he wouldn't say that he and Noah were exactly friends right now, and if Harper found out she would hate his guts. So Zach was about the only friend he had, but even then he worried that his best friend would side with Harper, rightfully so. Even though Chase had plenty of "friends", none of them were there for them like the Noah, Harper, and Zach.

At the mention of Noah, Chase's smile faltered ever so slightly, though he made sure none of his friends noticed. Luckily, Harper's friend Flo walked over and the subject was quickly changed as she enthusiastically greeted his girlfriend beside him. "Hey Flo." He greeted the dark-haired girl with a warm smile. One of the reasons that he and Harper made such a good couple was that they were both so friendly, he enjoyed hanging out with all of her friends even if they weren't close.

"Thanks but I'll get myself a beer. Do you want a drink, babe? Or...an apple juice?" Chase asked, lightly teasing her about to juice box. Of course he knew that Harper didn't drink, he didn't care whatsoever because he barely drank himself, but he still joked with her like he did all of his friends.

"Hey, Noah." As painfully awkward as it was, he played cool and headed over to give his former best friend a hug. They were still friends, it wasn't like Chase had stopped liking him, but there was no way they could be as close as they once had now that he'd screwed everything up. Their entire friend group was teetering precariously on his shoulder's, and he felt the weight of every interaction, every conversation, on him.

Interactions: Harper Dazzle Dazzle Zach lion. lion. Noah mogy mogy Flo Moonshadow Moonshadow Kekoa 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Harper Anderson
source.gif

Harper found comfort when Chase wrapped himself back around her, it was tough being away from him for so long. However, it wasn't long before she was surrounded by all of her friends, who in turn just gave her more comfort. Harper never thought that she could feel so connected to such a large group of people. Flo came out of nowhere and it was so exciting to see her again, different as they were no longer roommates, but exciting all the same. She let go of Chase and quickly wrapped her arms around Flo's neck, squealing her name.. "Flo!! I missed you!!" She said swinging Flo and herself side to side.

Harper released Flo from her grasp, settling herself back next to Chase. "Zach doesn't need a confidence boost, his ego is already big enough." Harper chuckled lightly, her eyes softened as she looked towards the ground and back up at her boyfriend and then her friends. Harper rolled her eyes as Zach shamelessly flirted with Flo, a smirk on her face despite it all. She didn't get a chance to give much thought to it as Noah finally showed up. "Hey!!!" She smiled and wrapped the boy up in her arms. "You know my old roommate Flo, right? And this is my new roommate Kekoa!" Harper gave Noah a kiss on the cheek before pulling away from him.

"Don't be so mean to Barry. He's the best hedgehog." Harper laughed as Zach called the hedgehog a rat. "We're a good family." Harper smiled genuinely. She finally felt at home, once again. Her friends gave her comfort beyond much else.

It wasn't long before someone brought up a drink, of course it was Flo and she didn't mean any harm by it, but Harper wasn't a drinker and most knew that. She had seen how her father acted when intoxicated and she never wanted to be like that. Of course when Chase offered to get her a drink, and then joking about getting her an apple juice. Even though she knew that Chase was joking, Harper felt like all eyes were on her. She didn't really want to say no when so many people were looking at her.

"No." Harper stated, "Surprise me, something good." She smirked and pushed her chest into Chase's side.

@Everyoneinthisinteraction​

tumblr_p7jx87vlAd1s1k886o1_250.gifv

Red Donovan
Red Donovan would not be able to explain any timing mapped in his existence, but if he had to, there was no doubt that his life had gathered the most momentum at the preface of one and a single handshake. Noah, to his end, won over Red’s reluctance, and Red Donovan was landed upon the moon or as close as he would ever get to it. The observatory was an eyesore, but one that he could not find himself to look away from. His eyes beheld a childlike admiration, irises dilated and swallowed by the details of the party. It occured to Red that people were like fireflies; they walked in their own directions, sauntered in their own confidence, signalling in undertoned methods to those who understood them. Colors were a jungle, mismatching and disarrayed, but completely complementary to the shallow tones of the walls. Loud music was at bass to his ears to a point where he could feel his blood flow. His thoughts began to stumble.

Noah was talking...about what...again…

His head whipped towards a group.

You could dance like that?!

He looked away when the couple in the group went to the extreme and connected mouths and other parts. That might’ve been an answer to why they were dancing like that in the first place.

Are they drinking from the same bottle? No way!

“Yeah, jazz. I love jazz,” he said to Noah in a faraway modulation of a voice, whelmed in wonderment, “Tell you what, I love everything jazz! Jazz music. Jazz instruments. Jazz background-”

His mouth fell just an edge open when Noah took a drink of a laced punch.

“How did you do that! You just drank that so fast...not that I’m implicating you’re an alcoholic. You’re not, right? Good joke, I know. I wasn’t joking. Are you? I can tell you aren’t. I think, anyways. Hey, Noah, should I try?!” He remarked in astonishment, two speeds too fast, and more to himself than Noah as he tagged behind him through the thick. When someone stuck a cup under his nose, he immediately shriveled back and dodged the drink, chasing after the flank of Noah who was approaching a group of people.

Noah was popular and as Red assumed, everyone in the circle of the group seemed to be changed by the enlightenment of Noah. It did not go underappreciated when Noah made room for him. He resisted the urge to swing his arms, but as the introductions flew from one end to the other, he could feel his arms twitch.

mogy mogy @everyonearoundthecircle

Last edited:
Noah Stewart
Noah on rocks comres 2.gif
Being tightly hugged by muscular and strong hands definitely felt like a fantasy to the touch-deprived teenager who spent his whole summer with his family. Of course, this so-called fantasy, this illusion, was shattered once Noah's mind decided to remind itself that the strong muscular hands belonged to Zach, the person who dared call his favorite hedgehog a stupid rat.

"Ugh, I see you haven't changed. At all. Whatsoever." Noah said seriously before laughing, indicating that it was just a simple joke and that he did not genuinely mean the words he said at all. He liked Zach for who Zach was because he was one of the people Noah could genuinely be 100% himself around, no pretending, no hiding a part of himself.

The next person who hugged Noah was Chase, and this did come as quite a shock to him, seeing that the two weren't exactly acting friendly on Twitter and that their last in-real-life interaction wasn't all that friendly either. Needless to say, Noah knew how to put on a fake smile, especially after a finished cup of punch, which is exactly what he did during and after the awkward hug with Chase, succeeding in hiding the guilt and discomfiture in his eyes.

"Hey, Chase." He said back, shock, but also slight relief noticeable in his voice. He hated how much he actually liked to hug Chase, even after the boy had put him in such a difficult position with the kiss. Even if it did feel more awkward than anything Noah had experienced, he genuinely liked it. Everything from the touch, the smell, even the warmth the boy wouldn't usually appreciate. He knew it was possible that he liked Chase, but those feelings were something Noah truly feared. He couldn't do something like that to Harper, to one of the people he cared so much for. It would literally crush her, and Noah knew that. He dreaded that.

Soon after, a hug from Harper came, and even in this hug, with a person that was 5'7, with a girl who was 5'7, Noah felt like a bottom. Of course, he hugged his friend back, being the strong boy that he was.

"Hi, Flo. Hello new roommate girl, this is Red, my new roommate," Noah said, putting his hand around Red in a friendly dudebro way. "He's not gay, but he is kind of cute, you know. A little bit awkward, a little bit different, but I know all you straight girls love that in a boy." This could've been the alcohol speaking because sober Noah would definitely never try to be a wingman for a straight guy, but he did want Red to make friends, and he was genuinely doing this out of goodness of his heart.

Interactions: lion. lion. (Zachary, Red), Dazzle Dazzle (Harper), a z u l a a z u l a (Chase), Moonshadow Moonshadow (Florence), 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (Kekoa)​

641391DE-E107-4701-AC57-83336865969E.gif
🅕🅛🅞🅡🅔🅝🅒🅔

She found herself swinging with Harper when she was hugged. “Hey! I missed you too!” She said in between bursts of laughs. She pretty surprised she kept her drink in her cup after all that, but didn’t really care at the same time. She looked to Zach when he made a comment about her name and found herself blushing. “Right... maybe.” Was all she managed out before giving a nervous smile, then hiding her lips behind her cup as she took another sip. But she felt her shoulders lower a little when Kekoa spoke, she recognized the care she was talking about. “Oh! Really? Maybe that’s why I love going to the Sleeping Hedgehog so much. Perfect study place if you ask me. Only way I passed Chemistry,” she sighed at the thought of the class. “That and the observatory, you’re right to assume it isn’t cheap. But the school doesn’t really do cheap either so it makes sense.” She looked back up and up at the observatory. The only real reason she wanted to come to this school.

She gave a quick wave to Chase, but instantly remembered her remark. She had forgotten Harper didn’t like drinking and saw the uneasiness in her face. You’re already messing this up. She thought to herself filled with guilt. When she wanted to say more, she stopped herself and closed her mouth. By this time Noah had joined them and she was thankful everyone had someone more recognized to talk to. She noticed he seemed a little tense, but she chalked it up to being back at school and a party. She hadn’t really seen him nervous though, Florence couldn’t dwell on it anyways. It wasn’t her place, although her curiosity couldn’t stay dormant for long. “Hi Red. Now that’s a cool name.” She remarked, still trying to work in her head if Noah was turning into some sort of wingman for him. “Welcome to the group.” She said doing a little jazz hands with her free hand. “Now I feel bad for not bring my new roommate. But I think you guys will like her too.” She mentioned before thinking about what else to say.

She wanted to immediately ask about classes but she also knew the point of the party was to have fun and not think about school. But the words came out anyways, “Ah, does everyone like their schedule? Any hard classes?” Some habits never die.

Mentions: Dazzle Dazzle lion. lion. mogy mogy 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 a z u l a a z u l a @ithinkthatseveryonebruh

Stu

b6KBMuK.gif

Stu listened in on the commotion on the other side of the wall with interest. It was a time-worn tradition of theirs to put a bed or a desk against the door to dissuade pillow thieves from visiting their room in the night, since the door locks at White Oak were famously useless. Usually it would take the two of them together to push the object into place, but now Graham was having to do the heavy lifting all by himself and it didn’t sound like he was having a lot of success.

In fact it sounded more like Graham had broken his face crashing into something, which was a sound Stu was very familiar with, being himself an expert in the face-breaking department. When Graham finally answered the door, Stu looked at him with a curious eye. Saying nothing, he stuck his head through the doorway to assess the destruction that Graham had left in his wake.

There was no sign of Eddie Murphy, neither the real one nor the imposter. ‘Why does it smell like cheese in here?’ He scrunched up his face and marched across to check out the view from the window. ‘My room’s a lot worse, I reckon. Our window’s jammed, and we couldn’t even get any fresh air in last night.’

He sat on the edge of the bed and listened to Graham’s misgivings about the party. He made himself a little useful by reaching down to pick up a few things that came off the side table earlier.

‘Well I didn’t get dressed up for nothing,’ he replied. ‘… That’s more than you can say. Are you just going in… that?’

Granted, that looked better than whatever the hell Stu was wearing. He considered losing his jacket, but it might be chilly out and hypothermia was in the cards.

Graham was saying how they might get tossed in a lake. ‘We should be fine,’ Stu replied. ‘… seeing as the Oakness Monster isn’t real.’

They’d just drown instead.

Stu headed out the door and waited for Graham to lock his room. It was a pretty useless ritual since locking the door had never done them any good in the past. All it took to compromise the latch was a bit of wiggling around with a credit card and viola. Hence the pushing of the desk against the door.

They marched onward to Burndale Woods, the last light of day slanting on them and casting a faint shadow of Stu, which didn’t look half as ridiculous as his real person. They stopped briefly at the beautiful building that was Persimmons House to lament their failed application to stay there, and then carried on their way feeling hard done by the stupid system. 'It's not even full, like nobody stays there,' Stu whined. 'I don't get it.'

Dazzle Dazzle

Chase

giphy.gif

Chase was surprised that Harper was asking for a drink, in the year that he'd known her he had never seen her drink. She'd told him all about her father and how she never wanted to end up like him, and he couldn't blame her. It was admirable, how strong and determined she was. It was very unlike her to give up, especially for seemingly no reason.

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly, but earned a glare back from her and didn't feel like arguing, so he simply nodded and headed off towards where the alcohol was set up. Harper didn't drink, so he had no idea what to get her since he didn't know what she liked. Eventually he settled on pouring some vodka into a cup with soda and grabbing himself a beer before heading back to the group. It had been awkward, seeing Harper hug Noah, so excited to see him only because she had no idea what had happened between two of the people she trusted the most. He'd thought that after a summer of trying to figure his shit out he would be able to face what he'd done and move on.

He was wrong.

"Here you go." Chase handed Harper her cup, even though he was still hesitant about her drinking. It shouldn't have been a big deal, teenagers drank all the time, but Harper had been so strong in her decision not to drink that it felt...wrong for her to shrug it off so lightly. In front of all of their friends at a party wasn't the best place to discuss it, so he'd drop it for now.

"I waited to take all my hard classes senior year and I sincerely regret it." Chase joked with Flo. He wanted to get into medical school next year, and that meant he had to do really well this year. He'd always had good grades, but he wasn't exactly going to be Valedictorian either. Football kept him busy, but he was determined to keep his grades up and get into his dream college by the end of the year. However, his dream college meant leaving Harper and the rest of his friends, and it weighed heavy on his shoulders.

Interactions: Harper Dazzle Dazzle and everyone else​

YPN7TFC.gif

tumblr_inline_om5iaxPt6S1s1fojl_250.gif

Jacqueline & Isabelle Dupont

The rest of move in day had, unsurprisingly, passed in a blur. Jackie had spent hours unloading her things, carefully placing each item in the right spot. After hours of work, Jackie took a step back and looked at the room that was once dull and boring that, after her efforts, was beginning to feel like home. Pictures were taped gently to the walls, her clothes hung in colour coordination in the closet, her books stacked neatly on the desk. Perhaps it wasn't perfect, the bed could use a nicer quilt and the crooked blinds would have to go, but it was getting there.

After showering the long day of travelling and settling in away, she found herself falling asleep at her desk instead of getting a head start on her academics, not waking until the birds and the warm sunlight woke her the next morning.

Jackie knew very well of the back to school party that would take place later that evening and she always wondered why none of the adults seemed to care. Perhaps they did and simply didn't mind that the group was having some mostly harmless fun. If they were to bust them, to tell them to all pack it up and turn in for the night, they would be hypocrites. She strongly doubted that anyone, even some of the seemingly stuck up professors at the academy, got through high school without going to at least one party. And they did pack a bunch of teenagers into an academy with little supervision, what else did they expect to happen?

The morning and afternoon was spent organizing supplies, an activity that, strangely enough, brought comfort to Jackie. But as soothing as the clean presentation of notebooks and the perfectly organized closets were, she was really looking forward to the party. She made an effort to attempt to doll herself up which, in Jackie's terms, meant brushing her hair and changing into clothing that wasn't sweatpants and a tee shirt. She was about to head out the door when a knock came echoing through the dorm room. Upon opening the door, there was Bella, practically bouncing off the walls with excitement.

"You're early," Jackie said, grabbing her jacket and slipping it over her shoulders.

"And you're late. Let's go, we're going to miss all the fun!" Bella chirped, practically dragging her older sister out of her dorm room. Jackie wiggled out of her smaller sister's grasp long enough to lock the door before she was whisked away by Bella's arm looped through hers and her endless chatter filling her ears. After an entire lifetime with the fireball that was her sister, Jackie had learned to just shut up and go along for the ride.

The two made their way up the steps into the observatory, Bella leading the way. What a pair they must have been, the considerably more petite Bella dragged a bewildered Jackie in tow into a party. Once inside, Jackie looked around for familiar faces and smiled when she spotted Noah. She had meant to stop by his dorm room earlier with his gift but alas, time had gotten away from her as it usually did when she became invested in something. Jackie poured herself a drink, offering the cup to Bella.

"Jacks, shouldn't you be encouraging me not to drink? Isn't that part of the whole 'I'll watch over Isabelle' pact you made with mom and dad?" Bella asked, refusing the cup. Jackie shrugged, allowing some of the liquid to pass her lips.

"I mean suit yourself. I don't mind if you have fun, just don't be stupid." Jackie warned, offering once again. Bella shook her head, maintaining her 'no drinking' policy and followed Jackie over to the group.

"Well, well, if it isn't Noah Stewart and the gang!" Jackie giggled, swooping in behind Noah and playfully ruffling his hair. "I hope your summer went well. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by earlier, I sort of maybe got distracted a little bit."

While Jackie was busy making her introductions, Bella said a quick hello to Noah and a few others before awkwardly standing beside Jackie, swaying on her feet slightly to the sound of the music and humming along softly to the melody. She was about to head off and hunt down some of her friends to talk to when she noticed a guy standing beside Noah looking, for lack of a better term, out of his element. Jackie had mentioned something about Noah having a new roommate around her age, Red, and perhaps the poor kid was him. Bella put on a smile and as the crowd shifted, Bella weaved her way through to stand on the other side of the kid and Noah.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little nervous." Bella spoke calmly, her voice just loud enough to rise above the white noise to be understood. Her gaze shifted down to his empty hands, free of a drink cup. Bella shrugged, a slight scrunch of her nose accompanying the movement. "Don't worry, these guys are all bark and no bite, there's no reason to be worried. I don't think we've met, I'm Isabelle but you can call me Bella, everyone does." Bella held out a soft hand to shake in greeting, the gentle smile never once wavering from her face. She knew what it felt like to be new, to feel out of place and always on the outside of the action. At the very least, maybe she could help him feel a little more at home and maybe, just maybe, have a little fun along the way.

| Noah mogy mogy | Red lion. lion. |

Beckett Gallo
Beckett Gif 4.gif

Okay it was seriously time for some drinking. Two layovers and travelling for over a day and a half back from Greece had slightly killed her. And it meant she was later back to the school and had only arrived a couple hours ago. Still, quick nap and some make-up and she was ready to party. She had missed her friends and also needed to blow off some steam after spending 27 hours straight with the Morgans before they left her to go back to San Francisco. The last stretch of the journey had been the only bit halfway decent since they weren't with her.

By the time Beckett reached the party she could easily spot her friends and so she swaggered over to them grinning. "Guess who scored a single this year?!" she greeted, throwing her arm around Tatum's shoulder. "So, miss me anyone?" Beck challenged the group.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Dazzle Dazzle High5ives High5ives a z u l a a z u l a @EveryoneElseInThatGroup​

Vered Demsky

The anxiety was really creeping in now. All of these people just arriving and he was there, he was in it. He hadn't been near this many people since cousin Rachel's bat mitzvah a few years back. In his last school, he never really hung out with anyone. Usually when kids would say they were "hanging out with Vered Demsky", it meant beating him up or tying him to a flagpole or something. But now he was here, and someone was giving him a soda. It wasn't opened, so she wasn't drugging him, either. It was orange. His favorite flavor, probably. Mom was a bit of a health nut, so he didn't drink a whole lot of pop. This was his idea of cutting loose, evidently.

Suddenly, he was being addressed by... an Aussie. Wait, wasn't there two Aussies? Which one... who... the only thing he knew about these people were their nationalities. At least he didn't know their names, that way he couldn't get them wrong somehow. But the guy was calling him prissy, which was really, REALLY embarrassing. He'd just wanted to look spiffy for the party! Did he not look spiffy?

"Uh... I guess I don't dress like this ALL the time..." Vered had been known to relax on the weekends in a t-shirt and sweatpants. If he was feeling really naughty, he wouldn't even bother to get out of his jammies. "I thought I'd make myself look presentable, 'cause... it's a party..." His words seemed to quiver as they hit the air, voice wavering. "...N-nice to meet you, sir."

interactions: // Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler fin fin //
mentions: //everyone else idk//​

Graham Moore
056da840381715209c9f5ae11d78d098.gif

Graham sniffed the air, he had likely gotten used to the smell after the first couple nights and hadn't noticed it. "I think its the natural smell of the dorm.." At least Graham's window would open, and he was on the first floor. It could be useful for a quick and easy escape if the need came to it. Graham was notorious for jumping out the window for a quick get away, he had gotten so good at running from running away, he was considering trying out for the track team this fall.

Graham looked down at his outfit, hands in his pockets he lifted his sweatshirt up while shrugging. He was pretty sure the outfit was going to be fine, nothing stood out from it for the most part. He was sure it wouldn't catch anyone's attention whether it was in a good way or a bad.

"As far as you know." Graham raised his eyebrows, of course Graham was about 76% sure that some bully senior had made up the rumor ages ago and others had just carried it on as tradition. But, there was still that 24% that still believed in the explainable. Either way, Graham was convinced, what was the worst that would happen? If the party started going south, they could just run away... In the opposite direction of the lake..

Graham struggled with the door, almost considering to leave it unlocked, but he didn't want Murphy to comeback and be mad at him for leaving it unlocked. All of Graham's important things were locked away, but Murphy probably hadn't ever had that fear instilled in him. Plus, Graham didn't feel like loosing his pillow so early in the year, that wasn't something he could just lock up.

Graham looked up at the dorm that Stu and him had tried so hard to get into, and failed miserably. "Maybe they didn't have enough furniture for it this year.. I think I heard last year's seniors burned everything in a bonfire at the end of last year." Graham had heard that from his sister who had graduated the year prior. As far as he knew, she hadn't been part of any of that but he wasn't too sure now. The only way to survive this school was to fit in, even if that meant giving into peer pressure.

That's what happened to Stu last year, almost got himself killed in the process. And that was the start to Graham and Stu being the lowest on the pyramid. However, that didn't mean they were going to stop trying to make it this year. Even though the thought of going to parties made Graham nervous.

Graham could smell the smoke from a fire, and could hear a faint sound of music. Graham started to feel less nervous and more excited for the party. "We should probably get going." Graham picked up his speed, a smile crossed his face as he turned towards the woods. "Let's go!" Graham should of lowered his expectations, like taken normal expectations and cut them in half.

---------

Graham could see a fire roaring, the fire was soo big he wouldn't have been surprised if they had put one of the bunkbeds in it to give it some structure. "What do you think they used to get it so big?" Graham watched as the couples danced, and stumbled around rather close to the fire. Graham caught his breath as he watched one girl almost fall into it. She sat down on the ground and started laughing and then went back to dancing with the guy she was with like it never happened.

Graham's eyes wandered, he couldn't watch the chaos at the fire any longer. His eyes trailed around, Graham really only had Stu and Lulu as friends at school, and not that he needed more, but it would of been nice to grow their number so they might be a smaller target. He saw the table of booze and wondered if he should have a drink to calm his nerves. Till he saw Eli and their whole gang hanging by it. "We came, we saw. We can go home, right?"

Graham didn't exactly want to go home yet, but he sure as heck wasn't going anywhere near Eli and his crew. They were sure to make their night rough just from showing up. "We can't just keep standing here.. We're going to seem like stalkers." Graham however was starting to crave marshmallows with the smell of the fire starting to take over his senses.

"So.. What do we do now." Graham didn't think they would get this far, usually one or the other would have chickened out by this point and they would of gone back to the dorms and watched Star Wars in their PJs with popcorn and soda.

Graham started to tap his foot to the music, he would of been out on the dance floor already except everyone was just dry humping each other out in the open, rather than actually dancing.

Dede Dede

tumblr_6235166492cdd366b57a5271e9e149f4_20a20c64_400.gif
Zachary Lee
“Harper Anderson,” Zachary Lee tantalizingly publicized her name into the open, interspersing each syllable with a taunt, “And drinking? Has she finally lost it?

Wolf-whistling, his frolicsome gaze-active as the tossing Sea of Hoces-anchored on his best friend’s girlfriend, the one and only, who he associated with soft-thundered eyes and angel-wide smile. His head drifted on a subtle axis, an eyebrow unable to restrain itself from shooting upwards like the beat of heat did in afternoon paradise.

“Somebody needs to take her to the doctor. See if she’s feeling the same,” he copped out loud, downing another ice-capping sip, and doing terribly at concealing his smirk. To bridge together his teasing, he suggested to Chase, “I’d keep my eye on her tonight. I have a feeling she is light-weight.”

While there was not much that made Zachary Lee anxious, the undertone of college did.

You haven’t thought about that one have you, Zachary Lee?

Zach could have ventured further on his elicit curiosity on Chase’s rationalization of taking more difficult classes or he could have eased a flirt back to Florence, but could haves were to never be revisited again. Instead, his conscience was interrupted by a mid-movement of rustle. Checkering his attention on the new commotion, Zach escaped the drowning choke the future had on him. Zachary Lee was a swimmer, but even a bad swimmer knew that you can’t swim to shore when you don’t see one.

Uneasily, his eyes took off like a seagull, so narrowly skimming over to Tatum, before soaring to the other end of the circle.

Two hands loomed behind Noah, disheveled his hair, and then side-stepped into the circle. He had picked up no signs of oddness from Noah, but he could see the blushes of liquor taking a toll on him. Perhaps they needed a doctor for two.

Noah drinking before a party actually started?

Holding his tongue, Zach took a closer observation to his best friend, and recognized that there was a greater slackened expression on his face, so naturally loose, it felt unnatural.

“Noah,” he averted, viciously grinning, “How did you ever win over the Duponts?”

News had it that the sisters were both neighborly foreigners, but cleverly strong rejectors of regular jocks.

“Was it your Napoleon history paper?” He guessed, overlooking the more academic sister who he’s heard could throw a nasty uppercut. Playfully, he joked, “Or that practically dead book club?”

Dazzle Dazzle mogy mogy geminiy geminiy a z u l a a z u l a Moonshadow Moonshadow 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 @everyoneelsebcIhaveasmallbrain

tumblr_p5ldnqS49t1tpd2l3o4_250.gif
kekoa
Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Chase a z u l a a z u l a , Zach lion. lion. (am too tired/lazy to mention everyone)​

Kekoa made a small polite wave at the few more people that merged into the group. It’s not that she didn’t like being in big groups; she was all for safety in numbers. Just remembering this many new names in one night was kind of a lot of work, and she wasn’t entirely sure what to do if this many people now, besides trying not to stand there quietly all the time and look too lost or awkward, a bit like the two sophomore boys (Stu and Graham) that she noticed from afar were doing. Kekoa wasn’t used to party scenes like this, especially one with a bonfire. Bonfires are quite illegal in Hawaii, at least on public beaches and parks, and for good environmental safety reasons—nobody wants the beaches littered with trash left by irresponsible teenagers.

When Chase offered Harper a drink, Kekoa slightly furrowed her brows curiously at her roommate. There was nothing wrong with apple juice. it happens to be a (mostly) healthy delicious drink for all ages, not just babies, and Kekoa still liked it very much. Sure, Chase was just harmlessly teasing his girlfriend, but the way he and Zach responded made Kekoa guess that, like herself, Harper didn’t drink alcohol often.

While Chase went away for a while, Kekoa lightly tapped Harper’s elbow. “If you don’t really want to drink, you don’t have to, y’ know,” she said quietly only for Harper to hear.

She only knew her roommate for one day, and already she felt concerned about her possibly feeling pressured to drink. It’s why Kekoa brought her own stainless steel water bottle, recommended by her pen pal. If someone tried to offer her a drink, she could probably lie (or reply sarcastically) that her water bottle had vodka when it actually contained, yes, water. And if someone decides to act aggressively, Kekoa could try swinging the bottle like a baseball bat if a palm strike (taught by her retired Navy SEAL dad) didn’t work the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back