• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Max frowned nore at him and shook her head a bit "He never asked about him, I was defensive towards you. We see her out in public and he completely blocks me out, I just want him back." She mumbled before taking a deep breath "You think I should go see him?" She asked quietly

Henry answered the phone as soon as it rang. He shook his head some when he heard her and took a deep breath "Marry me." He said softly down the line "I'll find you the perfect ring, just please marry me. I can't loose you Carmen."

She shook her head. “Two days too late.” She muttered down the line. “And the fact you still think it’s about a fucking ring just makes that more obvious.” She told him and hung up, turning the lights off.

he sighed a little and shrugged. “Now that part is up to you. I just wanted to let you know why he hasn’t been able to try and reach out to fix things.” He told her “Anyway… what movie we watching?” He asked her

Henry frowned more and sighed heavily before he started to try and fall asleep as well.

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Alright then." She mumbled before getting up to grab a movie "Tonight we have She's The Man." She said happily before putting on the movie. She sat with Hvitserk and ended up with her head in his lap by the end of the night.

It wasn't long before the media got wind that things had finished between the two of them but Carmen had at least made sure his mother knew and knew why before that happened as well as her own friends and family. All of that was fine and she was quietly going through the motions, not used to being alone after so many years together. The part that hurt though was all of the people claiming she must have cheated on him and the way the media soon ran with that story along with speculation over who it had been with so despite wanting zero contact with him she ended up having to call him after a particular day in New York when someone yelled in her face about the way she'd betrayed him.

Hvitserk nodded and got settled down with her, sitting back and watching the movie. In another life he could have loved her the same way his brother did but they'd tried it one time and it had all just felt so wrong. He loved her and would do anything for her but not romantically. He moved her to her room at the end of the evening and cleaned up any mess they had made before heading out and going home himself.

Henry had been a wreck since Carmen had left. He had thrown himself into his work and isolated himself from everyone. He had realized quickly how much he messed up but he didn't think anything could right it. He had heard the rumors, it infuriated him but after multiple times of trying to stop them it just didn't stop. He glanced at his phone as it went off and went wide eyed seeing Carmen's name flash across the screen "Carmen?" He said shocked that she would be calling him.

Max ended up falling asleep against him as the night progressed. By the time she woke up the next morning the sun was barely rising over the horizon. She frowned and sighed heavily picking up her phone to look through her notifications. She frowned softly as she opened her text messages to say thank you to Hvitserk and she landed on her last conversation with Ivar. She sat there for what felt like hours debating on if she should reach out to him or not.

Carmen grit her teeth, setting her bag down on her counter top "You fucking put an official statement out now! On every social media and get your publicist to send it to all the actual media too! I never fucking cheated on you! I was willing to put upwith idiots online but now the tabloids have a hold of it and someone has just fucking spat on me in the street!" She yelled down the line

Ivar was laid up watching TV and trying to ignore the way his mother was fussing over him in the same way she'd been doing for days on end at this point, just wanting to get out of there and get home but the fact he could barely move was limiting him from having the space he wanted right now, hating having to rely on other people as much as he did

Max took a deep breath and finally texted him a simple message 'Hey.' She wondered if he would actually reply but she was surprised when he got back to her so quickly.

Henry frowned more as he listened to her and gave a heavy sigh "I've tried and I will try again. I am sorry that you're having to deal with this." He said tiredly taking a deep breath

“You did what?! Said it in one magazine interview?! I’m ready to get my fucking lawyer involved for gods sakes.” She muttered. “Just get them off my fucking back.” She told him and hung up, going to get herself dinner sorted.

He glanced over at his phone and reached for it carefully, seeing her text and immediately sent a reply. “Hey, I wanna talk, can you come down to the same place you came to physio w me for?” He sent to her

Max wasn't expected that quick of an answer but she knew she had to see him. She sent him a text agreeing and soon got up to get ready for the day. It was around lunch time when she got to the physio place frowning when she saw Ivar in a wheel chair instead of on his normal crutches.

Henry frowned more and sighed heavily before he heard her hang up. He quickly called his publicist and started working on a post to try and make things right. He would try everything to get her back to him.

His mother phoned him later on and just sighed quietly after reading yet another article demonising Carmen. “Hey sweetheart….. listen I just wanted to have a chat cause I’m seeing a lot of stuff on the internet coming up about how awful carmen is and I know you’re still upset but I can’t imagine how much this is hurting her. Is there not anything you can do or say to stop them from doing this?” She asked him.

Ivar was just finishing up for them to send him back to his room when he saw max stood there, staring at her stupidly for a while before smiling as much as he could, carefully reaching toward her. “Hey, I’m just finishing here, why don’t you come back to the room with me?” He asked her. “We can talk there.”

Henry frowned as his mother called right after Carmen. He answered and gave a heavy sigh "I can tell them to stop, set the record straight that she didn't cheat. Not that everyone will think its the truth." he muttered shaking his head some "I'm already writing up a statement."

Max stared at Ivar and couldn't help but smile at him as well. She went over to him and gave a small nod before following him back to his room "Hey...sounds good." she said softly as she walked behind him

He smiled tiredly and nodded, being moved back to his room and helped back into the bed, eventually looking at her though and making sure they were alone. “I’m sure Hvitserk told you everything.” He sighed some.

She frowned some and just nodded. “I know love but just you putting that effort in will ease her worries…. Have you tried talking to her about trying to work things out yet?” She asked him as he’d told her yesterday he was going to try.

Max stood back as they helped him into his bed. She sighed heavily and gave a small nod when he finally spoke "Yeah....told me last night." She said softly rubbing the back of her head a bit.

Henry sighed heavily and shook his head even though she couldn't see him "No, she won't answer my calls."

“Henry that woman loves you more than you have any right to ask of her and from what I know from talking to her is that she still does. Why are you so against marriage? Hiding it from her all these years?” She asked him frowning.

He nodded and smiled tiredly. “You do that when you’re nervous. The head rubbing.” He murmured. “I’m not gonna do all the talking either. It’s gotta be two ways.” He told her quietly.

Max sighed heavily and gave a small nod before she sat down with him taking a deep breath "My ex used to abuse me, made me think no one would ever love me again. Its why I was so nervous to get out there again. I always came second to everyone else, yet I thought it was okay. When you saw who ever that girl was...I felt that same was again. That I was second to her."

Henry ran a hand over his head shaking his head some "I'm not against it. I just didn't see why we needed it. We were happy where we were."

She sighed quietly. “Then you two need to sit down and you need to listen Henry. Stop waiting for your turn to speak and listen to her. Clearly she wasn’t happy with that arrangement. But this is a conversation you need to have with her. Not me. Call her.” She told him quietly.

He frowned some and just watched her. “I think it’s pretty obvious that she is my ex girlfriend…. And if you were actually coming second to her then you would never see me and I would be with her. I’m not. For good reason. I love you Maxine… but there are some things I am not ready to talk about. And pushing me to do that before I’m ready is not going to go well… what else do you need to know you come first? You’re at my house almost every day and I spend almost every hour with you that I’m not working… I can’t give you much more indication.”

Henry sighed heavily nodding some "Yes mother." He murmured talkimg to her for a little longer before hanging up the phone. He looked at Kal as he came by and gave a heavy sigh "I know bud..I miss her too."

Max sighed heavily and gave a small nod "You're right. You were pushing me away though, before I even asked you who she was. Yes I came to your place but we were in this ackward silence, like something was unspoken between us. Thats why I blew up, I realise I could have gone about things in a much different way now. But Ivar I love you so much...and I'm scared to loose you." She admits quietly before quickly whiping her eyes

Carmen was sat in her apartment the following week, staring at the phone in her hands, trying to force herself to make the call to Henry. She knew he was in town and she needed to speak to him about something serious but the idea of seeing him in person scared her. She didn’t want to lose her resolve and just go running back to him. So when the phone started ringing with his number anyway it startled her a little and she answered sounding panicked. “Henry?”

Ivar sighed heavily and just watched her. “Sweetheart I don’t do a lot of talking. You know this. But because it was about her you seem to think that makes it different?” He mumbled starting to feel a migraine coming on. “Come here. Please?” He mumbled reaching for her. “I just want you to come home.” He murmured.

Henry had gotten a trip to New York shortly after the talk with his mom.he had disguised that he had a possible job oppurtunity but really he was there for Carmen. He had finally gotten the courage to call her taking a deep breath as she answered "Carmen?" He said softly

Max sighed heavily shaking her head a bit "I know that Ivar, but you had this anger radiating off of you, I know it sounds odd but I felt it and I was scared." She said softly before moving to lay with him "I just want to be back with you."

He frowned some and just watched her. “And if you thought it was towards you…. That’s not right at all…. I’m not angry with you now and I have never been angry with you.” He explained quietly. “Except when you broke my hand watching that movie. That wasn’t cool.” He told her smiling a little before wincing and closing his eyes. “Just lay with me?” He asked her quietly.

She frowned some and sighed to herself. “Your ears must have been burning… we uh… we need to talk. You should come over and I can order us some food.” She told him quietly. “Cause I’m sure you’re calling for a reason and I needed to call you as well.”

Max gave a small laugh when he mentioned the time she had accidently broken his hand "I told you not to let me watch a horror movie. I don't like them." She said before kissing his cheek gently "I'll stay here as long as you want me to."

Henry frowned softly at her response but nodded some "Yeah I uh....I wanted to talk with you." He said quietly before sighing quietly "Where are you at? I can come right now." He murmured

He frowned and gave her hand a squeeze in response, in too much pain now to make noise or nod, not even noticing when Hvitserk arrived and simply turned the lights off in the room and waved at max before leaving them to it.

She sighed a little and debated for a second before deciding to do it. “I’m gonna text you my address but don’t just show up unannounced ever please.” She told him and sent it through to him. “I’ll see you in a bit okay?”

Max smiled softly at Hvitserk and waved before soon falling asleep against Ivar making sure not to leave his side at all.

Henry nodded some even though she couldn't see him "I'll see you soon." He murmured before going out to find some flowers and her favorite chocolates. He knew it wouldn't fix everything but he hoped it could be a starting point. He took a deep breath as he arrived at the address he been given before knocking on the door.

Carmen tensed when she heard the door go but quickly calmed herself and went to answer, looking him up and down frowning some. “Hey.” She mumbled, letting him in but smiled when she saw Kal stood next to him and cuddled him tight. “Oh my baby boy I’ve missed you.” She mumbled into his fur, standing up and shutting the door behind her, taking him to the kitchen to make him sit down. “Let me say my bit first Henry cause otherwise I’m not gonna be listening to yours.” She told him and sighed, pausing before just spitting it out, placing an envelope in front of him. “You’re gonna be a dad…. I’m pregnant.” She told him quietly.

Ivar woke up a few hours later and just lay there staring into space in front of him. He could feel Max’s hand in his still but he couldn’t bring himself to move at all, feeling worse than the morning and yesterday, starting to worry that they wouldn’t be able to fix this latest break.

Henry walked into her apartment and sighed heavily. He followed her to the kitchen and went wide eyed handing her the chocolate and flowers "A baby? Holy shit." He said softly before smiling widely "I....I want to be there, anything you need you let me know." He told her before taking a deep breath "I...I got you those are a partial sorry. I know it won't heal amythimg but I love you Carmen and I am so truely sorry for everything."

Max woke up and sat up a bit frowning when she noticed how much pain his face was contorted in "Ivar? Do I need to get a nurse? Blink once for yes, two for no."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back