• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Marianne looked at her granddaughter and gave a small sigh as she asked about her father "Daddy is just resting honey. They are making sure he is getting big and strong again." she explained softly hoping that would relax the little girl.

Max put her head on the bed and cried quietly as he fell asleep. This was all becoming too much for her and she was getting toward her wits end.

She frowned but accepted the answer, cuddling into her grandma on their way to the car.

Carmen curled up into the chair for the night and woke up only once Henry had come around, jumping a little when she felt his hand nudge her some. “Hey… how you feeling?”

Ivar was in and out for a few weeks, still stuck in the hospital when they were letting baldur go home and still struggling to talk properly

Henry woke up that next morning and grunted softly trying to wake up Carmen. He frowned softly at her squeezing her hand tight "I'm tired...want to go home.." he mumbled

Max sat in the room cradling Baldur close as she tried to get him to sleep. Things had been slowly getting better but she was still worried sick about Ivar. He was still having issues speaking with them and she was scared that this would become normal for them.

Ivar was finishing off his lunch slowly and finally turned to look at max. The whole time terrified she was going to leave him if he couldn’t get better. “Here.” He mumbled, reaching for their son and trying desperately to hold him, insisting on doing it himself even when his arms were shaking a little.

She nodded and frowned some, stroking his cheek. “I know love. We’ll be home before you know it…. You’re doing so good… your mom has Lana so I could spend the night with you and we’ll switch off in a bit. “They’re talking about doing the surgery for your back today so that the risk of injuring it beyond repair goes down.” She explained

Max frowned softly and moved to sit with him gently placing Baldur in his arms "He has your eyes." She said softly smiling as their son stared up at him. She helped him get set up a bit easier to hold him. This was definitely difficult but she was here to stay with him til the end.

Henry nodded softly and took a deep breath "Is Lana okay?" He asked quietly not wanting to talk about the surgery just yet.

She nodded and smiled. “She’s making you a card… can’t wait to take you lead collecting again.” She told him quietly, smoothing his hair out of his face.

He smiled tiredly and just watched him the whole time he was holding him, only almost dropping him once.

Henry smiled softly as he held her hand "I can't wait to see her." He whispered before taking a deep breath "I want to be home with you."

Max smiled softly as Baldur fell asleep in his arms. She moved him to his carrier before she went to lay back down with Ivar

He frowned and lay his arm around her, staring at her with worry, terrified she was going to leave him because of everything

-6 months-
Carmen headed inside after finishing up her last day on the job, excited to get home to London with Henry and Lana. She was worried about him constantly these days and he was still struggling with his back and his breathing a lot. Lana wasn’t always able to understand why her dad couldn’t run around with her as much or why he couldn’t pick her up like he used to. She could see Lana pushing her dad away at the moment and she hated how much it was hurting him

Max kissed his cheek gently as she cuddled into him "Your mom is gonna take him for the evening so I can stay here with you." She said softly before turning his face to look at her "I love you Ivar, so very much."

Henry sat at home painting his Warhammer pieces while Lana colored and watched a Disney movie. His health wasn't 100% but he was getting better with time. However, his back and lungs would never be what they once were and it was effecting his relationship with his daughter. She was constantly upset that he couldn't play with her like he used to. She was starting to push him away, no longer wanting to be with him like she used to and it was breaking his heart.

Carmen wandered through to the lounge and slipped her arms around Henry’s shoulders. “Hey handsome… Lana did you let your dad go to a games workshop today?” She giggled seeing the warhammer sets out “We’re getting on a ferry tomorrow.. you couldn’t wait til we got home?” She smiled, pecking his cheek then went to sit down and lift Lana into her lap.

He just nodded and frowned some. “Okay.. I wanna go home though.” He slurred out to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back