• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shoulda Woulda Coulda

She just nodded and smoothed his hair back until he was asleep, gettting up and going to speak to his nurse about her concerns then going to get some lunch and finally got back to his room, sitting down until his parents arrived, getting up to greet them. "Oh I'm so glad you made it." She mumbled.

Hvitserk shrugged "I'm pretty sure you can go see him whenever you like now. Ivar isn't infectious or anything... He's not sick he's.... Just not well." He sighed heavily.

Max nodded some and took a deep breath before getting up "I need to check on our son. Do not leave this room unattended." She said seriously before going to the door

Henry started to wake up when he heard multiple voices smiling softly when he saw his mother and father standing there with Carmen "Hey....hey there.."

Hvitserk nodded and grabbed her arm. “Wait. What if I need to pee?” He asked her, then cracked a smile and sent her off. “Go on. Go pick a name for the kid. I don’t wanna keep calling him the child.” He told her.

Carmen stayed out of the way and let his parents have a little bit of time with him. “Babe I’m gonna go get our chicken nugget and we will face time you alright?” She told him, heading out

Max gave him a small playful glare before smiling a bit "His name is Baldur....it was Ivar's choice." she said before leaving to go see her son.

Henry gave her a small nod and smiled softly before turning to look at his parents "Hey mum...hey dad." he said softly before taking a deep breath "Fancy...fancy seeing you here."

His mum frowned and just gave his arm a gentle squeeze. “Carmens filled us in… I always said that that girl was nuts.” She muttered meaning Cassandra. “Appparently you’re going for an MRI or something in a minute. Your wife is terrified right now.” She rambled a little.

Hvitserk just nodded and sighed quietly, sitting back and watching his younger brother, shaking his head some until Ubbe came and joined him. “Have you said anything to Sigurd? Would he even care?”

Henry frowned as he listened to her "Huh? MRI? Why am I going there?" He asked softly still not full coherant.

Ubbe scoffed a bit and shook his head "Said sorry for the loss." He muttered before leaning back in his chair "Bjorn is out of the country. I havent told mother or Floki yet, though we should sooner rather than later."

She frowned some and took his hand gently. “They’re worried about the damage to your spine so they’re doing an MRI.” She told him quietly, “I think your nurse said a few chest x rays as well…” she told jim quietly before his nurse came in to collect him.

Hvitserk just nodded and sighed some. “They’ve called the kid Baldur, apparently it was Ivars Choi- hey… hey don’t move.” He changed quickly when he noticed Ivar waking up out the corner of his eye, standing up and moving over to him.

Ubbe quickly pressed the call button and went to grab a nurse when he noticed Ivar start to wake up. He came back quickly with a nurse following behind "Hey he alright?" he asked Hvitserk as he saw the dazed look on Ivar's face.

Henry nodded some and took his mum's hand in his "Come with me?" he asked her quietly giving her a pleading look.

Hvitserk frowned shaking his head "He's either not properly awake or he can't focus." He muttered, stepping out of the way and allowing the doctors through when they arrived to look him over and see what was going on, texting Max to tell her that Ivar had woken up but put his pphone away when his doctor came to speak with them 'We think it's highly likely that he's suffered brain damage from the respiratory arrest he had... we would like to run a few minor tests to determine why he's not able to respond at all.' Hvitserk just nodded and waved him off to just go ahead and do them

She frowned some and shook her head "I can't go in sweetheart, but we will be right here once they're done okay?" She coaxed, seeing exactly why Carmen was so scared at the minute, not liking how pale he was and the state of his breathing still. She ended up walking with them though to the MRI room, turning to his nurse once they'd taken Henry inside "How long will all this probably take?" She asked hr

Max glanced at her phone as it went off in the NICU and immediately got up to go. She said her quick goodbye to their son before she made her way back to Ivar's room. She frowned as she got in seeing Hvitserk there alone and Ivar gone "Where is he?!" she nearly shrieked thinking the worst of it all and starting to panic.

His nurse looked at his mom and gave her an assuring smile "We hope no more than thirty minutes ma'am." she said softly before rolling Henry into the room

He frowned and got up shaking his head. “He woke up but he wasn’t alert at all. Wasn’t really responding to anyone so they’ve taken him for a CT scan. They’re uh… max they’re worried about brain damage.” He told her quietly.

She just nodded and went to sit back in his normal room to let them get on with it.

His nurse helped get everything set up with some other people then stayed in the monitor room to wait for him to be ready to go back for the next bits, not paying much attention until she heard him mutter something over the speakers. “What was that?” She asked him frowning, more alert when he didn’t answer. “Mr. Cavill… Henry can you talk to us? … get him out of there. Get him out he’s not breathing.” She told the tech, slamming her fist to the emergency button to set the alarm off in the hallway.

Henry friwned as they moved him onto the bed. He grunted softly rught before they were about to get him through "Can't...can't breath..." he muttered before he started to fade out and completely stopped breathing

Max went wide eyed when she listened to Hvitserk "No....no Hvitty no.." she said before holding onto him tightly

Carmen had collected Lana and taken her for ice cream for being such a good girl about the whole thing, having her close while she FaceTimed his mom to see if he was awake for Lana to talk to, frowning when it just went to voicemail. “Maybe daddy’s sleeping. We’ll try before dinner okay?” She coaxed her little girl, starting to worry though as the phone started ringing immediately after with her number, “marianne…. What’s wrong?”

Hvitserk just pulled her close and tried to soothe her, getting her to sit down. “Hey, he’ll be alright. Whatever support he needs, he can afford to hire the hel-“ he stopped as his phone started pinging and he saw the notification pop up that an alarm had been tripped in Ivars house. “You send anyone over to your place? You got any staff working today?” He asked her.

Marianne took a deep breath as she quickly dialed Carmen back "Carmen he stopped breathing during the MRI, they rushed him to the ER." She explained quickly to her.

Max sat with Hvitserk and frowned softly shaking her head "No, no one should be there unless its your mother. But seeing as you guys haven't called her yet I wouldn't see why she would be over." She said quietly to him

Carmen frowned, trying to not show the panic on her face. “Do they know why?” She asked her, chewing on her lip and cuddling Lana close when she wanted

Hvitserk frowned some more and nodded, sending a text to his guys to go check it out, looking up seeing them bringing him back in and looking no more alert than before

Marianne took a deep breath before telling her "They think his lung collapsed again." She said before giving a small sigh "They think it might have been because they moved him."

Max frowned as she looked at Ivar taking deep breaths "Hvitty..." she whispered before moving to sit next to Ivar looking at his doctor "What happened?"

Carmen frowned more swallowing a little. “Is he okay now?” She asked her worrying.

“the fracture at the top of his spine that we have been worried about for a few years now has now splintered off. That’s what’s caused the damage. The surgery held it off but now it’s got worse again.” He explained to her. “There will be a few more tests but for now he needs rest. The good news is he was somewhat responsive during the CT scan.” He told her and left her to privacy

"I don't know, he isn't out yet." She explained before taking a deep breath "How is Lana? She doing okay?"

She gave a small nod and cried quietly "No brain damage?" She asked quietly taking Ivar's hand in hers kissing it gently

She frowned shaking her head a little. “She’s okay, we’re just getting ice cream. She’s excited to see you both… I can’t bring her down and scare her more though.” She mumbled wanting to be there with Henry

He shook his head. “No there’s damage. Just not as severe as was originally thought.” He told her and left her to it after that.

Max nodded softly before he left takimg deep breaths "Hvitty...this is not good. How? Why did this happen?" She asked quietly

Marianne frowned a bit but smiled when she heard Lana say hi to her "Bring her up to the waiting room. We can switch off, we'll take her for dinner." She said softly

She thanked her quietly and hung up, finishing ice cream with Lana before heading over to the hospital, gritting her teeth once she clocked the paparazzi there. “Lana I’m gonna get my cardigan around you while I carry you in okay? Some mean men want to take photos.” She muttered frowning, glad she was sleepy enough to agree, blocking her daughters face from the cameras on her way inside. “How is he?” She asked her mother in law once they found her.

He shrugged. “I don’t know. It should have only happened because of a fall. Maybe he tripped and didn’t tell anyone when it happened?” He frowned some, giving her shoulder a squeeze until he heard Ivar groaning a little. “He’s waking up a bit more.”

Lana clung to her mother starting to fall asleep against her. She woke up only a little bit when she heard her grandmothers voice

"He's being placed in the ICU. They are going to be coming in to explain everything to you soon." She explained to Carmen.

Max took a deep breath about to say something before she turned her attetion to Ivar "Hey....hey there." She said softly kissing his hand gently

She just nodded and thanked her. “She’s uh. She’s had ice cream obviously, I don’t really mind if she has much dinner or not tonight, tomorrow is gonna be start of routine again for her.” She told her quietly before heading off to find what room they’d put Henry in, sitting by the bed and taking his hand tightly.

Ivar groaned a little louder this time, trying to put a tight grip on her hand but he was struggling a little more than he would like to, just staring at max and frowning some, trying to ask in any way where their son was

Max watched him and cupped his face gently "Everything is okay, Baldur is in the NICU. He's doing okay though." She said quietly before kissing his knuckles.

Marianne gave a small nod and carried Lana out "Just keep us updated okay? I'll get her on schedule." She murmured.

Henry was asleep when she came into the room. Hooked up to a ventilator now with a tube in his chest go get oxygen directly to his lungs.

Lana frowned some and shook her head when she watched her mom walking away. “But I want mammy.” She whimpered a bit, “where daddy grammy?” She asked her. She spent so much time with her Dad on a day to day basis that being away from him this long was making her really worried, not old enough to understand what was going on.

He continued to stare at her until he fell asleep again, barely able to keep his eyes open longer than a minute right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back