• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Ivar was sat on the floor in his kitchen, staring at the cupboard doors when Ubbe walked in, not making any attempt to get up, barely acknowledging him at all.

Hvitserk smiled some. “He looks like Ivar.” He chuckled quietly. “He’ll be pleased…. They said he should be just fine they just gotta be patient and keep a close eye on him alright? Everything’s gonna be fine max. Promise.” He told her quietly.

Henry took a deep breath and nodded before turning to look at Carmen. "I love you...I'll see you soon." He murmured before he started to drift off to sleep.

Max placed her hand on the incubator crying softly "Where is Ivar? He needs to be here." She said quietly

Carmen nodded and kissed his cheek, leaving him to it and headed out to go get Lana, frowning a little at the paparazzi near the front door, wanting to get him to their normal hospital thst had better security, worried a little. She knocked on the neighbours door when she arrived and waited til it opened and Lana ran to her. “Thank you so much for watching her. He’d doing okay… we’re uh… we’ll catch up soon.” She told her smiling a little and took Lana to the car to take her straight there. “You wanna go see daddy baby?”

Hvitserk shook his head. “I don’t know. Ubbe will call when he finds him.” He told her gently.

Ivar stared at the floor as he heard his brother move to sit next to him. “I can’t go back there. I won’t do it.” He told him quickly knowing Ubbe was gonna try to convince him to go back there and see the results of his mistake. He knew he should never have let Mac even think that he should be reproducing a child

Ubbe frowned as he sat next to his brother giving a heavy sigh "She needs you brother. She needs her husband." He murmured before leaning on the wall behind them "Its not your fault, this happens all the time to people." He said quietly

Lana ran to Carmen when she heard her voice "Mommy!!" She said happily "Mommy where is daddy?" She asked as they started to leave

Carmen frowned some and lifted her up, carrying her to their house to grab a couple things for Henry. “Daddy got hurt really bad last night so he’s in the hospital. He’s gonna be just fine alright? But he’s very very sore and he wanted cuddle from his number one little lady so we’re gonna go cheer him up okay?” She cooed, getting her in the car and took her to see Henry.

Lana ran a little in front of her mom once they arrived and rushed to the room her mom was pointing to, running inside and going to clamber onto the bed. “Daddy!” She called to him, waking him up. “Mommy aaay you need cuddle!” She giggled.

Ivar frowned shaking his head. “You watch. The reason he’s like this will be because of me.” He muttered frowning. “I’m not… I can’t do it.” He mumbled, feeling the stress bubbling up to the surface as it was starting to get overwhelming.

Henry grunted as he woke up but soon smiled when he saw Lana's face "Hey there princess....yeah I did want some cuddles from the best cuddler ever." He said happily kissing the top of her head glancing up at Carmen as she came in.

Ubbe frowned more and shook his head "Don't be our father Ivar....do not give up on her or this kid because of this." He said quietly

Carmen smiled tiredly at him, helping sit the bed up before helping Lana get snuggled up next to him carefully. “I got you a couple blankets. And some warhammer bits.” She told him. “To keep your brain occupied after visiting hours.” She told him quietly, sitting down.

He shook his head and tried to get up, making his way out of there, up towards their bedroom, trying to shut the door on his brother but Ubbe had oushed his way in. He frowned and stumbled towards the bathroom, feeling the panic turning into a struggle to breathe.

Henry smiled widely at her "Thank you so much, beautiful." He said quietly before kissing her cheek chuckling as Lana pulled his face to look at her "Oh I'm sorey baby girl, I got kisses for you too." He said before kissing all over her face

Ubbe followed him and frowned more "Ivar stop and sit. You need to breathe." He said before getting his brother to sit on the bed

Carmen frowned seeing the pain in his face. “You need mr to get a nurse?” She asked worrying. “How’s your back feel?”

He frowned and half fell onto the bed, feeling the breath catching in his throat. “Ubbe I think… my head…. I can’t see.” He slurred out to him before collapsing forward.

Henry shook his head softly taking a deep breath "No...just move a little too much." He said softly before resting back "Can you lower the bed a bit?"

Ubbe frowned more and quickly dialed 911. He told them everything before turning Ivar over and checking his breathing "Get someone here now! He is barely breathing!"

Hvitserk was busy taking photos of max and their son when his phone started ringing and he frowned. “Did you find him?” He asked Ubbe, tensing when he said what was happening. “Where? His journal should be in the top left drawer in his desk… if it’s not there then it’s in Max’s handbag on the hallway table.” He told him quickly.

She nodded, giggling a little as Lana squealed when the bed lowered a little. “Ia that fun baby girl?” She smiled, frowning a little at how bad Henry was looking. “Lana you wanna go get a snack? Let daddy get back to resting? We can come do more cuddles later.” She told him quietly.

Max frowned as she heard Hvitserk while holding her son's hand "Hvitty whats wrong?" she asked worriedly as she looked up at him "Was that Ubbe? Where is Ivar?" she asked starting to panic a bit.

Lana pouted as she got down and gave a small nod "Okay mommy, promise?" she asked as she kept looking back until they were out of the room "Mommy? is daddy dying?" she whispered

Carmen frowned and shook her head. “Oh baby girl no, daddy is probably going to be just fine alright? He’s hurting right now but he’ll get better.” She mumbled, rubbing her back, taking her to get snacks.

He shook his head. “It’s alright. He’s at home. He was gonna come back but he’s not feeling great so they’re just gonna check on him to make sure he can come in.” He told her gently. “They’ll call in an hour or so.” He told her quietly.

Lana gave a small nod and held her mom's hand "Okay mommy." She murmured as they walked into the cafeteria "Mommy? Can I has fwuit cuppy?"

Max frowned at Hvitserk deeply "Why do I feel like you're lying to me?" She asked seriously

Carmen frowned some and nodded, letting her pick out some food from the fridge section, keeping an eye on the time until she was finally able to call someone to come pick Lana up, "Let's go see Daddy real quick then you gotta go home okay?" She murmured, taking her back up there but everything seemed to be in slow motion when they rounded the corner and saw people rushing in to Henry's room, hearing alarms going off, "What the hell happened?!" She questioned someone quickly.

He frowned and shook his head "You're being paranoid that's why." He told her "You've been with my brother far too long, trying to worry about something not even a a problem." He told her "Come on, let's get you back to get a little more rest then when he gets here you can both come down and spend time with your son." he suggested, half dragging her out of the room

A nurse frowned when she saw Carmen round the corner with Lana "Ma'am his alarms went off, there was internal bleeding. We're rushing him to surgery right now." she explained before giving her a sympathetic look "Please let me know if there is anything I can do, we have a day care area for the nurses kids. If you'd like I can take here there for the time being." she said knowing this must be difficult for them.

Max frowned more and rolled her eyes "Telling Ubbe where his journal is, is a problem Hvitserk." she muttered before getting up the leave though it was the last thing she wanted to do.

He rolled his eyes right back and started taking her back to her room, cursing under his breath when they came through the lobby at the same time that they were bringing Ivar through.

Carmen just nodded and thanked her quietly, moving to sit just outside his room, burying her face in her hands and swallowing back tears.

Max went wide eyed when she saw him coming through as Hvitserk started taking her away "Hvitserk you ass! Whats wrong?!" She asked taking deep breaths.

Lana frowned as the nurse started ti take her to the play room. She sat down and ate her fruit cup quietly not wanting to play at all

He sighed heavily and shook his head. “I was trying to keep you calm… they don’t know… Ubbe thinks it’s possibly a stroke.” He told her frowning.

Carmen waited for what felt like hours before they let her back into Henry’s room, going to sit next to his bed and seeing the extra support he was on, trying to stay calm about the whole thing until he started waking up and she moved to take his hand gently

Max frowned taking deep breaths as she sat down trying to process it all "Shit....goddamn it this is my fault.." she whispered letting a few tears fall "If my body hadn't have done this...he would be okay most likely."

Henry wheezed frowning at the mask on his face before turning to look at Carmen "What....what happened?" He asked quietly

Carmen frowned squeezing his hand a little tighter. “Internal bleed. Too much pressure. You stopped breathing…. Don’t do it again.” She mumbled, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

Hvitserk shook his head and crouched in front of her. “Don’t. Don’t start that. It’s what’s put Ivar in this mess in the first place.” He told her gently, seeing Ubbe walk over.

“He was fine. Miserable but fine then he went upstairs and I told him to sit down and he… he just fell forward.” He frowned.

Henry frowned softly at her and nodded a bit "Where is Lana?" He asked quietly as he squeezed her hand.

Max frowned more as she listened to Ubbe shaking her head some "He is too stressed...it probably activated it." She muttered

Carmen frowned a little and rubbed his arm gently seeing how much he was struggling and just shook her head "Just breathe... Don't talk." She murmured, "She's in the daycare here. Kathryn is gonna pick her up and have her at her apartment for a few days." She frowned, "Henry there was another problem." She told him quietly.

Ubbe just nodded and frowned "You gonna take me to meet my nephew? Hvitserk can wait for news on Ivar." He suggested, smiling at her now "I want to meet the next Ubbe.. I think that's what you should call him." He yeased her gently, trying to help distract her.

Henry frowned softly as he listened to her taking deep breaths "What?" He asked quietly taking more deep breaths trying to squeeze her hand tightly.

Max got up some and rolled her eyes a bit "Definitely not Ubbe." She said giving a small laugh before taking him to the NICU.

Carmen frowned and smoothed some hair out of his face. “There’s more damage to your spine than they realised and they are really concerned with you ending up paralysed if there’s any further injury.” She told him frowning.

He smiled some and sat with her. “He’s gonna be just fine. They both are. They’re in good hands here” he promised, kissing her head supportively. “And before you know you’re gonna be taking little one home… have you told my mother yet?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back