• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn (Medieval fantasy detailed) - ignore post count

I'm in the process of making a character now, just had a couple questions.
I'm thinking of a dark fairy, but the character design I have in mind may differ a bit from the traditional image. Not by a whole lot, but a little odd. Is that okay, or do you have a specific image in mind? I'm preparing to attempt a drawing/Paint image, but my art skills aren't the best. If nothing else, probably I'll at least be able to take a picture of a pencil-and-paper drawing.

Secondly, I was thinking for my character's occupation that he might be what I'm calling a Guardian, a sort of tribal group that manages the wilds around their area by planting saplings and burning overgrown lands, protecting young beasts and culling old/sick, etc. Basically managing the balance balance between life and death, destruction and rebirth, etc. But also it's something of a really strict hierarchy and military discipline and such, which he dislikes, and so participates in a bit of thievery on the side. Does that sound okay?

I really like them! I think, to fit them into the lore better they would be one of the beastmen clans, though perhaps ones that incorporate forest magic to help change their forms in the ways you describe. I can imagine they'd get along very well with the more distant (more aggressive) orc clans, and I may have some plot involvement for your clan if you're up for it.

Oh, I'd love to hear those plot involvement ideas! ^^ Before I go and edit, do you mean that I should scrap the dragon descendents part? What I have in mind is that the Dovahro actually look quite human in appearance - aside from some few differences - so would they even qualify to be considered beastmen?

I'm thinking of a dark fairy, but the character design I have in mind may differ a bit from the traditional image. Not by a whole lot, but a little odd. Is that okay, or do you have a specific image in mind? I'm preparing to attempt a drawing/Paint image, but my art skills aren't the best. If nothing else, probably I'll at least be able to take a picture of a pencil-and-paper drawing.

Secondly, I was thinking for my character's occupation that he might be what I'm calling a Guardian, a sort of tribal group that manages the wilds around their area by planting saplings and burning overgrown lands, protecting young beasts and culling old/sick, etc. Basically managing the balance balance between life and death, destruction and rebirth, etc. But also it's something of a really strict hierarchy and military discipline and such, which he dislikes, and so participates in a bit of thievery on the side. Does that sound okay?

Oh cool a fellow faery! Hia wanna collaborate ? If not don't worry :3

Or maybe I'll just leave the whole faery business to you and come up with something else, to diversify the cast.

I'm pretty open to deviation from traditional images of the races, Cyndaran diversity is renown, though I can't judge the character until I read the sheet.
I like the guardian concept, they may even gain special favour from the forest itself if they are devoted to helping it and its creatures.

Oh, I'd love to hear those plot involvement ideas! ^^ Before I go and edit, do you mean that I should scrap the dragon descendents part? What I have in mind is that the Dovahro actually look quite human in appearance - aside from some few differences - so would they even qualify to be considered beastmen?
They could certainly believe they are descended from dragons, I'm sure the beastmen have strong cultural affiliations with the beasts they resemble. We could delve a little more into their origin in the story if you like.

I'm pretty open to deviation from traditional images of the races, Cyndaran diversity is renown, though I can't judge the character until I read the sheet.
I like the guardian concept, they may even gain special favour from the forest itself if they are devoted to helping it and its creatures.
Cool! I made a Paint image which I'll post tomorrow. The art isn't very good, but maybe it can give a basic idea.

I was also thinking, going with the idea of changlings and "The Stolen Child", that perhaps at some point he stole/coerced/tricked a Summeran child into coming to Cyndaran lands, and now they can't/won't leave. What would be the consequences of that?

They could certainly believe they are descended from dragons, I'm sure the beastmen have strong cultural affiliations with the beasts they resemble. We could delve a little more into their origin in the story if you like.

Alright, all edited! I haven't got anything concrete for their origin at the moment but I'll try to do some brainstorming and come up with something ^^

Cool! I made a Paint image which I'll post tomorrow. The art isn't very good, but maybe it can give a basic idea.

I was also thinking, going with the idea of changlings and "The Stolen Child", that perhaps at some point he stole/coerced/tricked a Summeran child into coming to Cyndaran lands, and now they can't/won't leave. What would be the consequences of that?
I personally love character art from ppl.
A changeling is interesting, I suppose community acceptance might depend on whether people beyond the parents know the kid is from Sumenna, its not always easy to tell.

I personally love character art from ppl.
A changeling is interesting, I suppose community acceptance might depend on whether people beyond the parents know the kid is from Sumenna, its not always easy to tell.

Haha, well this one might not be so great, but there goes. I'll give a written description as well; the image is just to kinda give a base idea.

I had the idea that maybe Ciaran saw the kid and thought they would be an interesting diversion, but when the kid ended up in Cyndara, Ciaran didn't really know what to do with it. (He obviously didn't think this through very well.) When the Guardians found out about it, he got into a lot of trouble and was dismissed from the order until he returned the child home. He's not really in a hurry to be re-instituted, but he's supposed to be this kid's caretaker until he gets it back home. But he has no idea what to do about a child.

I have reading to do for class today, but I plan on finishing up tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Haha, well this one might not be so great, but there goes. I'll give a written description as well; the image is just to kinda give a base idea.

I had the idea that maybe Ciaran saw the kid and thought they would be an interesting diversion, but when the kid ended up in Cyndara, Ciaran didn't really know what to do with it. (He obviously didn't think this through very well.) When the Guardians found out about it, he got into a lot of trouble and was dismissed from the order until he returned the child home. He's not really in a hurry to be re-instituted, but he's supposed to be this kid's caretaker until he gets it back home. But he has no idea what to do about a child.

I have reading to do for class today, but I plan on finishing up tonight or tomorrow.

That's awesome, did you do that with a tablet pen or a mouse? If mouse that is VERY impressive.
There might be an issue if your character is toting a kid around during the thread, I don't think that would work.

That's awesome, did you do that with a tablet pen or a mouse? If mouse that is VERY impressive.
There might be an issue if your character is toting a kid around during the thread, I don't think that would work.

Yeah, I used a mouse. I don't have money for a tablet, haha!

Yeah, I thought that too. I thought that maybe this happened several years ago, so the kid is grown now, or that the long-lived fairies consider most beings "children", so the "child" is actually an adult. That could be kinda funny. I thought that, if somebody showed up wanting to have a Summeran character in Cyndara, that could give them a reason to be there, but the child wouldn'thave to be an active part of the story if not.

Yeah, I used a mouse. I don't have money for a tablet, haha!

Yeah, I thought that too. I thought that maybe this happened several years ago, so the kid is grown now, or that the long-lived fairies consider most beings "children", so the "child" is actually an adult. That could be kinda funny. I thought that, if somebody showed up wanting to have a Summeran character in Cyndara, that could give them a reason to be there, but the child wouldn'thave to be an active part of the story if not.
That would be sort of like having two characters. I'm afraid that's not allowed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back