• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn (Medieval fantasy detailed) - ignore post count

That would be sort of like having two characters. I'm afraid that's not allowed..

Okay, not a problem. It doesn't have to be a thing at all, just an idea. Or I could mention it happening at some point in the past, and not really dwell much on it in the present time. Just maybe that the incident has had social consequences, for example, or that it's made him curious about the other land.

Okay, not a problem. It doesn't have to be a thing at all, just an idea. Or I could mention it happening at some point in the past, and not really dwell much on it in the present time. Just maybe that the incident has had social consequences, for example, or that it's made him curious about the other land.
That sounds fine.

Ula’Ree has always been a tribe that’s been cloaked in mystery; a secluded group of people who made themselves a home in the deepest recesses of the shadows of Cyndara. The Ula’Ree was once a specific group of nomadic tribes of Skin-Changers who sought a more peaceful means with the land, wanting to carve a harmonious bond with the forests and creatures that existed… and yet; the Ula’ree were unable to find such a thing. They craved something much more profound and intrinsic; to be one with the shadows and the land an entirely new light; an connection that could be felt and thrived with. However, with time, The Ula’Ree decided to isolate themselves, travelling much further than any clan or tribe would recommend, taking root into the darkest parts of Cyndara. Overtime, The Ula’Ree were simply forgotten, rare indeed to mention the name and even so; only the oldest members of the clans would give you an idle amusing about the tribe that lost themselves to the forests. Ah.. but the Ula’Ree had indeed flourished, blossomed beneath the night sky and became one with the trees, forging homes through the tallest of wooden giants and created an enchanting city of light – living entirely above the world and on the ground; overtime, the Ula’Ree slowly learned to create a symbolic bond with the creatures around them; slowly and albeit surely, gaining companions and small followings of creatures who thought the Ula’Ree were kind enough, even today, such a tradition has indeed lived on and some animals have found them worthy of loyalty, the emotional bonds that came with time was the reward. There has been the instance where a traveller has stumbled upon the lands of the Ula’Ree; the punishment for such an action was simple: You join up or Ula’Ree agreed to dispose of you.

I just wanted to know if this sort of thing will work for you Silver, if not; I can ditch the tribe idea and go with something else.

Ula’Ree has always been a tribe that’s been cloaked in mystery; a secluded group of people who made themselves a home in the deepest recesses of the shadows of Cyndara. The Ula’Ree was once a specific group of nomadic tribes of Skin-Changers who sought a more peaceful means with the land, wanting to carve a harmonious bond with the forests and creatures that existed… and yet; the Ula’ree were unable to find such a thing. They craved something much more profound and intrinsic; to be one with the shadows and the land an entirely new light; an connection that could be felt and thrived with. However, with time, The Ula’Ree decided to isolate themselves, travelling much further than any clan or tribe would recommend, taking root into the darkest parts of Cyndara. Overtime, The Ula’Ree were simply forgotten, rare indeed to mention the name and even so; only the oldest members of the clans would give you an idle amusing about the tribe that lost themselves to the forests. Ah.. but the Ula’Ree had indeed flourished, blossomed beneath the night sky and became one with the trees, forging homes through the tallest of wooden giants and created an enchanting city of light – living entirely above the world and on the ground; overtime, the Ula’Ree slowly learned to create a symbolic bond with the creatures around them; slowly and albeit surely, gaining companions and small followings of creatures who thought the Ula’Ree were kind enough, even today, such a tradition has indeed lived on and some animals have found them worthy of loyalty, the emotional bonds that came with time was the reward. There has been the instance where a traveller has stumbled upon the lands of the Ula’Ree; the punishment for such an action was simple: You join up or Ula’Ree agreed to dispose of you.

I just wanted to know if this sort of thing will work for you Silver, if not; I can ditch the tribe idea and go with something else.
Not really no, it doesn't say much about what they really are and their goals don't sound much different than mainstream Cyndarans,. I'd like to avoid having too many clans 'isolated from the rest of Cyndara', Cyndara is already pretty isolated in itself.

Ah they were just the basis of what I was aiming for; a different branch of Skin-Changers who had favored taking up animals forms as Skin-Changers, and developed a more sort of empathic bond with creatures themselves. I'll ditch the idea then.

The main thread is up, but its not much different than the blurb I put up for the interest check. There will be an OOC too, eventually.. XD

Ah they were just the basis of what I was aiming for; a different branch of Skin-Changers who had favored taking up animals forms as Skin-Changers, and developed a more sort of empathic bond with creatures themselves. I'll ditch the idea then.
You've kind of just described exactly what a skin-changer is. You can certainly make your own tribe, I can put a small bit into the canon lore for it.

Yeah, you shot down my tribe idea. xD
So I guess I can look at some other creatures to get something else going.

Yeah, you shot down my tribe idea. xD
So I guess I can look at some other creatures to get something else going.
I don't really want to shoot anything down, but I had issues with the 'more isolated than the rest of Cyndara' and the fact that ultimately there was no specific distinction between what you described and what the entire race is and lives for. All skin changers affiliate with the creatures they shift into, and all Cyndarans want to live harmoniously with the forest and the land, what you wrote isn't really deviant or unique enough to add as a separate piece. What I'm looking for in tribal lore descriptions is more like, which animal to they affiliate with, where do they live? Do they have any unique customs or rituals or beliefs? They can't really prevent other Cynarans from leaving their clan if they're discovered, that would cause problems, but they could have other, non-restricting practices that make them different from other skin changers, stuff that goes beyond 'they want a deeper connection to the forest'.

One day I'll be finished with my Half-Elf healer :')))
ALSO SilverFlight SilverFlight would healers be utilised by the Great Houses? I've mentioned it in my characters family reputation for being near Brynson that they're occasionally called upon for family sickness/feuds that end in bloodshed.

One day I'll be finished with my Half-Elf healer :')))
ALSO SilverFlight SilverFlight would healers be utilised by the Great Houses? I've mentioned it in my characters family reputation for being near Brynson that they're occasionally called upon for family sickness/feuds that end in bloodshed.
I'm sure they're in high demand and very well-paid.

A tiny part in a tribe I was building, that was the main reasoning for their existence, but rather evident you weren’t too keen with what they were about or the simple origins I was carving out. They could prevent Cyarans from leaving, by killing them y’know? What the simple ‘dispose’ of you was alluding to – one person may have got out. I have restarted on another idea regardless; one that takes a much more extreme in the opposite direction and selfish settlement; selfish ideals. So hopefully that pans out better~

I'm sure they're in high demand and very well-paid.
Okie dokie! And one last thing -- My character's ancestors were from Cyndara, so would it be plausible they kept their original tribal dialect intact within the family? (Otherwise, I'll just say they have a neato little family song in the dialect that got passed down)

I've also mentioned that very rarely call upon Cyndabrynde (even though it's blasphemy) for help in healing, depending on how desperate they are.

I'm worried about messing up the lore, so look upon thy offerings and dismay *^*

A tiny part in a tribe I was building, that was the main reasoning for their existence, but rather evident you weren’t too keen with what they were about or the simple origins I was carving out. They could prevent Cyarans from leaving, by killing them y’know? What the simple ‘dispose’ of you was alluding to – one person may have got out. I have restarted on another idea regardless; one that takes a much more extreme in the opposite direction and selfish settlement; selfish ideals. So hopefully that pans out better~
Please just keep the lore of the story in mind when you are creating.

Okie dokie! And one last thing -- My character's ancestors were from Cyndara, so would it be plausible they kept their original tribal dialect intact within the family? (Otherwise, I'll just say they have a neato little family song in the dialect that got passed down)

I've also mentioned that very rarely call upon Cyndabrynde (even though it's blasphemy) for help in healing, depending on how desperate they are.

I'm worried about messing up the lore, so look upon thy offerings and dismay *^*
A dialect might be hidden, but they'd have to be very careful. Even though crossing the Half-Sun Hills is technically illegal, there are those in Sumenna who might recognize it. They can definitely invoke Cyndara when healing, but if anyone in Sumenna heard them it could land them in real hot water.

A dialect might be hidden, but they'd have to be very careful. Even though crossing the Half-Sun Hills is technically illegal, there are those in Sumenna who might recognize it. They can definitely invoke Cyndara when healing, but if anyone in Sumenna heard them it could land them in real hot water.
Great! And yeah, they've basically managed to cover up their heresy by keeping their heads down and helping out the important folks at the top ^^

Brendanfp Brendanfp Nice start, I will already tell you that I want more detail for the personality. I'm going to ask for a lot in this thread because it is a detailed rp. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back