• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sea of Dreams (Exalted 3 Campaign) - OOC

I'm waiting for a bit more back and forth before mentioning the party with the Magistrate. Ideas on how to get everyone else in would be useful in that regard btw.

Entourages are common for party goers. They're peacock parades, the rich and powerful showing off, etc. The circle could likely manage that.

Hmmm. Scorpion is not the most diplomatic of persons. but I can give a try to talking to our magistrate and see what motivates her.

Perhaps we would be better off having Scorpion and Kiera be the hired muscle keeping Roshana safe instead of diving into the diplomacy. No offense, I just don't see our former desert slave being the most persuasive of the bunch, and I know that Kiera is still lacking on the social skills needed to be really effective in that arena.

Perhaps we would be better off having Scorpion and Kiera be the hired muscle keeping Roshana safe instead of diving into the diplomacy. No offense, I just don't see our former desert slave being the most persuasive of the bunch, and I know that Kiera is still lacking on the social skills needed to be really effective in that arena.
No offense taken. Scorpion is more in tune to become a warlord or some other kind of military leader than a diplomat.

Having guests from Palanquin and/or Ysyr, in town for some sort of business, might work...
... that said, I notice that Roshana has the most Resources (2) with Ilo at 1, and everyone else at 0, so opulence isn't as much of an option. We might have to resort to a varying "exotic guests" factor.

We could try to talk our way in, with either Roshana or Ilo being at least proficient at it... or we could try to get a letter to the Magistrate (Linguistics, heeeey!).

Roshana, sitting at a 6 or 7 Appearance, might just be able to walk in. It's not like many people will be looking at the rest of us.

I'm thinking that a guest has asked Roshana to accompany them, which would get her in the door and possibly a single bodyguard, but the whole group seems unreasonable.

If the Circle (probably via Dutiful Stylite) writes the Magistrate a letter, and Roshana can get it to her (and do all the great persuading herself, if possible, as well), could give us a different time/place to meet the Magistrate. The letter just represents a larger group than is present, as well as giving an option if Roshana can't talk with her openly.

Also, Stylite and/or the others could try talk to other Forgotten Light-venerating individuals (maybe Lore-up an old shrine or something), or even just start proselytizing, which might open Stylite up to opponents, but also is a strong show of good faith to the Magistrate and Forgotten Light.

A sorcerer of Ysyr, even banished, would be a worthwhile guest to such a party. The Tulvandra wouldn't turn such a party away considering the exotic look. Same indeed for Palanquin. The rare member comes here but people more often deal with lower class factors from those two great cities. Both together makes sense even as Ysyr has begun asserting control over Palanquin as an imperial power.

That sounds reasonable, still leaves Scorpion and Kiera, though. Alternatively, we can do the letter-thing, have Roshana deliver it off-screen and use her wiles to get a meeting with the Magistrate for all of us at once.

Sherwood Sherwood and Psychie Psychie what do you say, wanna crash a fancy party?

How much planning does it take to crash a party? I can at least be well dressed for it with my Infinite Resplendence Amulet; we may have to do something to get Scorpion appropriately attired, though.

I guess this partly depends on what Crocodile Crocodile has in mind. If the guards are bullshitabble or distractable enough to let you through, if there's a common area with public access, if there's a garden one could climb/jump into, etc.

Mostly I just meant if we should go through the fact that there is a party and that we'd want to go.

Even if we are all going, I think the letter is good to write (to have around if it seems like we can't talk privately enough, or don't want to risk it).

I'll start writing something up, but if anyone has any things they'd like added, let me know. Right now, the basic idea is "Hello, Magistrate. We know you're trying to fix things in the city. We want to help you do that."

Keep the message simple, without promising too much from us. Other than that caveat, I'm good with the letter being drafted.

Sounds more like Kiera will be there to keep Scorpion out of trouble. Count me in.
Keep me out of trouble? I am shocked that you would say such things about me. Especially since they are true.

Keep me out of trouble? I am shocked that you would say such things about me. Especially since they are true.
That's what I thought. I have this image of us being chased out of town by the city army with Scorpion saying, "I didn't think it was that big of a deal!"

That's what I thought. I have this image of us being chased out of town by the city army with Scorpion saying, "I didn't think it was that big of a deal!"
Running from an army of mere mortals? I think not! lol

"Magistrate,
I have heard of your efforts to corruption that so heavily infests the city. My friends and I wish to aid you in those efforts. We send you this letter so that we may talk, before our opponents know of our, we hope, new friendship. Please select a time and place where you feel that we would be safe to have a further discussion. Send me the information, and we will talk again. You may reach me at the House of Jasmine, a tea house on Barter Street, or more directly.

Light shine upon you,
- Dutiful Stylite

It occurs to me that, if there are any public postings of rules, regulations, or even just announcements that the Magistrate is the author of, that would be a good thing to use Sagacious Reading of Intent on. Crocodile Crocodile , are there such proclamations posted in Champoor? Or anything that's authored by the Magistrate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back