• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sea of Dreams (Exalted 3 Campaign) - OOC

First to post! I win!

Seriously, I'm almost done with my character. Just need to polish up the backstory and come up with all of my Intimacies.

Crocodile Crocodile , are we ready to start posting characters? I don't want to jump into it before you are all set.

Are we allowed to pick up Charms from the book Miracles of the Solar Exalted?

I'm considering Ysyr as an origin for a sorcerer. According to the fluff, warped Essence flows make the populace innately attuned to sorcery. Is there a particular shaping ritual or archetype you would have in mind, Erasmus?

Yes, though do let me know which ones your eyeing, Sherwood. I thankfully own the book with have kickstarted this monster 3 years prior :P

As to Ysyr... interesting origin point. I will likely spin their politics in if you do that what with sorcerous rivalry even if you left. Never good to let an enemy live if they know magic. I'll ponder on shaping ritual though obviously the know something about flesh sculpting due to the clear split between the sorcerers who look physically perfect and the mutant underclass.

Blackadder Blackadder

What do you think of these options?

Sorcerer of Ysyr Shaping Rituals
1: The Sorcerer has learned sufficiently to mold flesh of an individual that they have learned to tapped into its exercise. The sorcerer may, once per day, tap into the understanding of flesh when applying a Medicine roll to an individual or themselves. They will then roll an Occult+Intelligence roll to generate motes. These most last for the day.

2: Completion is its own reward. When working towards a Sorcerous Work that involved the modification of a being on some level physically, the Sorcerer may tap into those energies. If the work is completed, the Sorcerer may roll a Occult+Intelligence roll, generating motes that last until spent. If spent on the Control spell, they count as two per one mote spent.

Are we still in need of players? I know that Psychie is a fan of Exalted. I could give her a nudge and see if she is interested.

I see that you are looking for more players. I have a good idea for a Crane Style martial artist in my noggin.

Crocodile Crocodile , are there any special rules about character creation that I need to know about? Anything off limits?
Mainly just have a good reason for being in the Dreaming Sea area, etc.

We'll hammer out how the Circle knows one another after I get a look at concepts and we start chatting about it.

I am hoping for a Artifact from Dreams of the First Age: the Infinite Resplendence Amulet as a 4 dot item. Would that be ok?

This artifact is a set of modular attire made from a blend of the various Magical Materials. The amulet can generate any form of outfit the wearer can imagine, however grand or humble. Changing the clothing is a diceless miscellaneous action. Repairing or cleaning a worn outfit takes the same action as creating a new one. Protection: The Amulet provides the wearer with a soak of 5L/5B that does not count as armor for the purposes of Charms, plus an extra success to all Resistance or Survival rolls to reduce or avoid the effects of deleterious environmental conditions, toxins or disease. In addition, it gives a +2 bonus dice to all Stealth rolls and to Larceny to assume a disguise. The amulet can also provide the Solar with a glowing nimbus of light, granting the character +4 Appearance. This inhibits all Stealth rolls like an 8-10 mote anima banner does. The Solar may hide this glory, but the bonus to Appearance is all or nothing. Finally, the Amulet conceals numerous pockets to Elsewhere, providing sufficient storage space to carry up to a ton of assorted items safely out of reach of the world, provided the objects could actually fit through a pocket opening no larger than a foot across. Only the attuned wearer can reach into Elsewhere via these pockets; to others, they are merely stitched folds.

It is a good utilitarian Artifact, that will give me the equivalent of Light Armor that will not interfere with Martial Arts, and the added ability of being able to store stuff in the pockets of Elsewhere is a great bonus.

I still need to type up the background and fill in the combat stats, but most of my character is up, depending on your ruling on the Infinite Resplendence Amulet.

So 2 Dawns and a Twilight... interesting. Also, given the Medicine focus of the shaping ritual, I'm going to have to put a couple Medicine Charms on my wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back