• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sea of Dreams (Exalted 3 Campaign) - OOC

Still looking forward to lopping off the heads of a few criminal leaders to make our point that this city is now a safe haven from the criminal types.

Still looking forward to lopping off the heads of a few criminal leaders to make our point that this city is now a safe haven from the criminal types.
Extra glad I picked this Zenith. ;) Zeniths do not like losing their heads! Even the criminal leader ones.

So, (if Crocodile Crocodile allows) do we want to do an IC time skip, since we've already planned out everything OOC, or do the details IC as well? (I'm fine with either, although expediency leans me slightly time skip if OK'd by our Storyteller.) If we do do it IC, uh... who wants to push us in that direction? :)

If we do a time skip, I just want to say now that Dutiful Stylite is totally doing a Linguistics social influence action via the letter. With Charms, even!

If you lot want to time skip, that's fine. This was the start to get things rolling. So let me know and we can do that or roll forward from the tea house.

I think that a quick jump to the next scene is appropriate.

So say we all.

Persuading based upon her assumed Intimacies against corruption (her opponents in the city).
Harmonious Presence Meditation (always active, +3 dice, -1m cost) + Flowing Elegant Hand (2m-1m=1m, double 9s) + Excellency (3m, it occurs to me that I need to do research to see if HPM discounts Excellency expenditures of 2m or more [since -1m, minimum cost 1m], but for now assuming it doesn't) + Willpower because this may be vital!
5 Charisma + 4 Linguistics + Call to Action Specialty + 3 HPM + 3 Excellency = 16
16D10 = [10, 10, 3, 4, 3, 6, 6, 1, 3, 8, 5, 7, 10, 10, 7, 9]= 13 successes +1WP, 14 successes, damned lucky with all those 10s

Peripheral Essence, spent 4, down to 18/33

And, hey, if there was an opportunity between this scene and the next to read something of the Magistrate's, he does a Sagacious Reading of Intent, meaning he automatically succeeds at a read intentions roll to determine any Intimacies of the author that are indicated by the work.

Hey, asked and answered on Ask the Devs... Excellencies are Charms, so HPM discount does help with them. Useful for all, but especially Esbilon Esbilon . Also, it helps with social influence Charm commitments, so at least Thousand Courtesan Ways... I think also Awakened Carnal Demiurge (since it has a social influence component, even beyond the Appearance buff).

Oh, and just to be transparent, I'm just going decrease the cost of the Excellency by one, so Ilo's Peripheral Essence is now 19/33.

Esbilon Esbilon Yeah, I saw your question first, and wasn't really sure about Excellencies as Charms, since you get them for free and they don't qualify for prerequisite Charm numbers. Honestly, it was the fact that HPM is already so awesome and is now even better.

I hope real life is being nicer (or soon will be), because I'm exciiiiiited to see how Ilo interacts/grows with the rest of the circle!

Alright, I'm starting to get a grip on things. I'm getting my footing back. Most of my posting will be in the evenings on my time though. Just a warning.

At least we still have a game. I was worried that this one was going to fizzle before we really got going.

At least we still have a game. I was worried that this one was going to fizzle before we really got going.
Don't jinx it for us! I've had too many games die off like that to even count them all. Glad to know that we are still in business.

This game is still a go, I'm getting caught back up with stuff going on. Sorry about the gap, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back