• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sea of Dreams (Exalted 3 Campaign) - OOC

Roshana is a people person, she could know people too! A connection with the cave-dweller or desert-barbarian might be stretching it, but she could well know Iago, either from high society or as a scholar of languages.

Crocodile Crocodile If it's OK, I'd like to make some tweaks to Roshana here while we're still starting up. In particular, switching around a couple of Socialize Charms and sacrificing Languages for Contacts.

Bit of a rules-lawyer-question coming up. I notice that Harmonious Presence Meditation lowers the cost of all social influence Charms by one mote, but it's never terribly well defined what constitutes a "social influence Charm." Do Thousand Courtesan Ways and Awakened Carnal Demiurge Count, and if so does it also affect their Commitment Cost?

Bit of a rules-lawyer-question coming up. I notice that Harmonious Presence Meditation lowers the cost of all social influence Charms by one mote, but it's never terribly well defined what constitutes a "social influence Charm." Do Thousand Courtesan Ways and Awakened Carnal Demiurge Count, and if so does it also affect their Commitment Cost?

An excellent question. I'll review the rules and get you a ruling one way or another. Might be later tonight or tomorrow since my hardcopy is at home but I'll figure an answer out for you.

That was my impression as well, but apparently not. Perhaps Iago is the person in the know who brings us together? I'm OK with him knowing Roshana is Exalted at least.

That was my impression as well, but apparently not. Perhaps Iago is the person in the know who brings us together? I'm OK with him knowing Roshana is Exalted at least.

Are you guys fine with Iago bringing them together?

I'm surprised you haven't taken Surprise Anticipation Method, Psychie. Considering it'll over time give you the motes to restore the Essence committed to Keen Hearing/Touch so that eventually it'll stay on permanently for free...

Something I should mention, having checked the info about stunts - they're being very permissive about it in 3e. Page 187 says and I quote "Players should be able to use
a one-point stunt on almost every action."

So as long as we're using a colorful description, we can add at least the level 1 stunts to all our rolls or static values. If not deemed better by the ST.

I'm surprised you haven't taken Surprise Anticipation Method, Psychie. Considering it'll over time give you the motes to restore the Essence committed to Keen Hearing/Touch so that eventually it'll stay on permanently for free...
Let me take a look at that Charm. I may have just missed it.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion! I did miss that one.

Its not hard to miss a Charm when there are so many to choose from. Give it a little bit of time, and we'll have the Core Book down pat for our favorites.

Let us welcome Raparth Raparth

That will be our fifth and final player. I imagine a character can be slipped in during the initial scene. You all can coordinate a possible linkage.

Perhaps we just add a surprise all knowing link as a friend of Iago - somehow he's already met and befriended Scorpion, Kiera and Roshana anyway.

Works for me, he seems to be a good focal point so far for the circle to be gathered by.

It looks like I'll be spending my xp on getting more War and Presence Charms. I can deal with becoming the city Warlord. :horns:

At this point, I'm not sure what direction I will be going with Kiera. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

While Iago's knowing everyone was sorta mandated by circumstances, I think it makes a certain bit of sense. He's upper class, and very interested in sorcerous matters. I imagine he'll have run into Roshana at some fancy shindig, possibly through Ariannah since the two of them share some interests. Scorpion and Kiera are rather conspicuous if you're on the lookout for potential Chosen: A blind warrior woman and her desert-slave-friend (who also has a Daiklave).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back